FM15 - The Sky Bet Football League thread

Jogo Bonito

The penultimate game in League One, and it was against top place Sheff Utd :) how we have gone top, after losing 12 games this season is beyond me... but I'll take it!

Inspirational performance from Jed Wallace, hopefully he'll carry me through the Championship too...

48ab0a61fdb5729cd92de5c48b689e07.png

The budget was set at £6m for the Championship, after splashing out £1.5m in January on a much needed goalkeeper in Lee Nicholls. Hopefully I can spend this and really improve the squad.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, won the league and promoted to the Championship... HUGE squad overhaul, and have a very competitive squad now!

135357a9e7e67ea7ba95f0573f21152a.png

Some amazing players in there for a Championship team, hoping to loan in another CM if the right one comes available. Almost had Nick Powell on a free transfer but he chose Norwich :(

Yakubu was signed just because... Yakubu, back in a Pompey shirt :cool:

Congrats again Ty and some terrific signings , not just for now but also for the future. Also great to see the Yak back in a Pompey shirt , let's hope he can wind the back years and do well for you. Good luck for the upcoming season. What's your aim for the season?

Competitions_%20%20Competitions_zpspdbniegs.png

Sky%20Bet%20League%201_%20Overview%20Profile_zps4enhmhve.png

So first season over and overall it wasn't too bad. Really disappointed not to get in the playoffs , especially seeing as we went almost 3 months without a league win and that could've very easily changed the season. Lost in the final of the JPT to MK Dons 2-0 and didn't really progress too far in the FA Cup or the Capital One Cup. We really struggled with consistency but there were for sure positives to be taken from this season. One of the huge positives is the strike force of Paddy Madden and Billy Kee , even more suprising is the fact Madden was top scorer in the league but missed 3 months of it through injury.

Transfers_%20%20Transfer%20History_zpsrg26jzj0.png

Last season our starting 11 had 5 loanee's playing a huge part so I knew that the next season I'd struggle unless I bought in a few players. So when the summer came we released a lot of the high earners to try and trim the wages down seeing as we made a 750k loss last season. Not many signings but the main business of the window was the departure of Dutch striker Van Veen. Looking at his stats I thought he'd be a huge part of the team but he scored just once in 22 appearances and I was left with no choice but to sell him.

Gunner: Thanks, yes Gray has been a good buy. He recently completed 100 league appearances for us (at the time with 48 goals). How are you getting on? Any nearer to finding a new club yet? Hopefully the updated guide might help if you're struggling for inspiration.

Not bad going that at all, and for not much money.

I've started out as Rochdale. Recently moved to the North West after moving to Manchester for work so a team that I've been keeping an eye on and are doing decent in real life. I'll update soon!

Well done Ty, a much-improved squad now. You've had quite a high turnover of players, but obviously it hasn't been a problem. Another promotion on the cards maybe?

Nice update GriffiN. Despite the long run where you couldn't win, that's a solid season overall. It's a shame that van Veen didn't impress much, but you secured a good fee on his sale. It sounds like you needed a bit of extra income, and hopefully he won't be missed if Madden and Kee continue to perform. The new signings look modest but sensible, and I hope you enjoy your second season. I imagine a play-off spot (at least) will be within reach.

Nice one Gunner. Good luck with Rochdale, not many have mentioned having a go with them, and I like your reasons for picking them.

first%20few%20games_zpsu1mskcog.png

Transfers%202015-2016_zpsb5sqdp98.png

Standings%202015-2016_zpsklkuiged.png

As promised, this is just a small update. 3 PL games into the season and we had 1W 1D 1L. I am proud of my team for pushing Arsenal till the end. We nearly got a draw but because of a defensive mishap we conceded a late goal... Still I am proud of them!

As for transfer dealings, in addition to earlier signings, I brought in from Ashley Williams and Neil Taylor from Swansea as they were relegated. And these two really wanted to leave. Also I signed Tielemanns on loan. Basically my Midfield are filled up with youngsters ; Alli, Roberts and Hughes. But i Still have Almen Abdi and Toszer. Basically that's about it. hehehe :)

Congrats again Ty and some terrific signings , not just for now but also for the future. Also great to see the Yak back in a Pompey shirt , let's hope he can wind the back years and do well for you. Good luck for the upcoming season. What's your aim for the season?

Cheers :D My aim was top half finish, but I was up extremely late last night and was flying through the season... in second place (Aston Villa are flying and unbeaten in 17 in 1st, they just beat me to go top), with about 35 games played I think. Promotion could and SHOULD be on the cards!

Yak is almost on double figures, he use to be my favourite Pompey player along with Taylor (who retired :()... and I wanted them back!

Well done Ty, a much-improved squad now. You've had quite a high turnover of players, but obviously it hasn't been a problem. Another promotion on the cards maybe?

Thanks :) it is a fantastic little squad... it really needs improving at the back though, probably my weakest area along with striker. I am hoping for another promotion, but I am going to be honest, this save is a relatively easy one for someone wanting to go from League Two to Prem, due to the wages and money :) so it isn't really an accomplishment haha!

This is basically how I threw away my top spot in the Championship, my recent results :( was 11 points clear at one point. Crumbled!

11b54548c4deff237cf12bdf3c839dbe.png

Ty, yes that's true. It's a bit like Sheffield United, where back-to-back promotions are quite possible. But it's still good. Are you using many of the originals, like Wallace and Whatmough? I just saw your update of results, that's a bit of a slump...

On the topic of Yakubu, he was also one of my favourite players and I signed him in FM13 (for Coventry) and FM14 (for Pompey) even though he was past his peak. It had to be done just for the kudos factor. In FM15, I will have another go with Reading at some stage and will see how 'The Yak' does there. I want to use almost entirely Academy players that have progressed to the first team already, and those starting in U21/U18 squads, but Yak will be one of the very few exceptions - at least for one season.

@muhaimin: That squad looks in very good shape there.

Wallace is carrying the team, he really is something else on this game :D Whatmough is also coming along nicely, not sure if he'll make the step to Prem though. He'll stay around the squad though.

Delac who I signed on a free (ex-Chelsea) has been fantastic though, he just got an 8.3 against City in the FA Cup to earn a replay in a 0-0 draw.

Yakubu still looks like he can bag a lot of goals if managed correct with the right tactic in FM15, and Reading have a few quality players on this years version so that could be a fun save!

Tuesday 8th July 2014

Rochdale welcomed new boss Thomas Timson to Spotland. The new coach has agreed a deal until June 2015 worth £1,300 a week to the 31 year old Englishman.

Wednesday 9th July 2014

After a quick chat with the chairman and assistant manager I agreed to arrange a behind closed doors friendly between the first team squad and the under 21’s contingent. Experience showed as the first team put in an efficient performance to run out 3-1 winners. Fabian Brandy (2) and Calvin Andrew netting. All was not good news though as left midfielder Noble-Lazarus suffered a bruised thigh which will see him miss at least 10 days.

Friday 11th July 2014

David Timms joined Rochdale in a scouting capacity. The Welshman enjoyed a playing career in Wales with Newtown as well roles with teams in England as a scout.

Saturday 12th July 2014

Rochdale youngster Nyal Bell has today signed his first professional contract with the club. The 17 year old striker signed a two year deal with the club and is looking forward to continuing his career at Rochdale alongside a group of talented players.

Needham Market 0-1 Rochdale

The first pre-season friendly came away to non league side Needham Market and despite 17 shots on goal, we only came away with a 1-0 victory. Nyal Bell, fresh from signing professional terms, netted the only goal of the game on 35 minutes.

Pre-Season Stats: Goals

Nyal Bell - 1

Monday 14th July 2014

Rochdale youngster Dominic Reid has today signed his first professional contract with the club. The 17 year old midfielder signed a two year deal with the club and is looking forward to continuing his career at Rochdale alongside a group of talented players.

Wednesday 16th July 2014

Rochdale youngster Billy Hasler-Cregg has today signed his first professional contract with the club. The 17 year old midfielder signed a two year deal with the club and is looking forward to continuing his career at Rochdale alongside a group of talented players.

Whilst we enjoyed the good news of Hasler-Cregg, Febian Brandy suffered a lower back stress fracture and will now be missing for at least 2 months.

Saturday 19th July 2014

Stockport County 0-5 Rochdale

We met expectations in this friendly as we gave local rivals Stockport County a footballing lesson with 20 shots and 65% possession. Joe Bunney scored the opener before Ian Henderson slotted in from the penalty spot. Bunney scored his second with a close range header to make it 3-0. Callum Camps and Joel Logan providing second half finishes to make it 5-0 to the Dale!

Joe Bunney - 2

Nyal Bell - 1

Ian Henderson - 1

Callum Camps - 1

Joel Logan - 1

Tuesday 22nd July 2014

Injury Update:

Febian Brandy - Lower Back Stress Fracture - 7 weeks to 2 months

Saturday 26th July 2014

Accrington Stanley 1-3 Rochdale

A downpour affected the quality of this pre-season friendly with an even game split by a greater finishing quality from the higher ranked side. Scott Tanser opened the scoring after 6 minutes, converting from the penalty spot. Stephen Dawson doubled the lead just after half time before Oliver Lancashire sealed the game on 51 minutes. Accrington grabbing a consolation goal on the 81st minute.

Joe Bunney - 2

Nyal Bell - 1

Ian Henderson - 1

Callum Camps - 1

Joel Logan - 1

Scott Tanser - 1

Stephen Dawson - 1

Oliver Lancashire - 1

Sunday 27th July 2014

Bournemouth’s Senegalese right midfielder Mohamed Coulibaly became the club’s first summer signing. The 25 year old has joined on a season long loan with a 50% wage contribution attached (£1,000 p/w). Coulibaly has previously played in Switzerland for Grasshoppers before joining the Cherries for free in 2013. He’s currently uncapped for his country, Senegal.

Tuesday 29th July 2014

Reading right back Sean Long followed Coulibaly through the doors of Spotland having agreed to a season long loan. The 19 year old Irishman is yet to feature for Reading.

Superb stuff Gunner (or should that be Thomas...). I've always admired your diary-writing style, it's unique and enjoyable because it's different from anything else. Good luck at Spotland and I hope you have fun with them.

Thanks Jogo! Hopefully get into it and enjoy my time with the Dale!

So, promotion to the Prem happened (no shock there!)... and I have started business off brilliantly! Two brilliant players for a combined £2.38m.

16679a57c054981f855433f3bf8239a4.png

After a LB/RB, a commanding CB and a striker now.

Exeter_Profile-2_zps41b2c2e4.png

I'm getting towards the end of my fifth season at Exeter, and we've managed to keep in touch with the top teams after stringing a decent run together in January and February. Injury woes continue to dog us, and most recently we lost both Gray & Nichols to injury for a month each - at the same time. They were both in excellent form when the curse struck them, with Gray bagging more goals, but Nichols often assisting him. Hopefully they will be back soon and we can steady ourselves again for the final push. We've hot top spot twice this season - ironically after beating our two biggest rivals (Bristol City, and then Bradford) on each occasion 1-0. It's going to be tight again, I think.

The FA Cup exit at Barnet (from League 2) was disappointing, but our cup journey and terrible pitch had combined in a negative way - at one stage we had three games in hand on every other club. Whilst we shouldn't really have lost to them, the cash from the run had been useful, and we could genuinely focus our attention on the main prize - promotion from League 1.

Schedule_%20%20Senior%20Fixtures-46_zpso6xllv3a.png

Competitions_%20%20Competitions-27_zpskwvrxusz.png

It's all to play for Jogo. Interesting to see the majority of the teams up there aren't 'big' teams.

Yeah, it's a mix really. Bristol, Sheffield, Wolves (and in some aspects Bradford) are reasonably big, but the rest of us aren't. Five of my last seven matches are away, I've still got to play Crewe and Wolves, and the last match is Ipswich away...

Gunner: I had a look at those teenagers you gave pro contracts to, and both Bell and Hasler-Cregg look quite promising. In fact, a couple of the others do too, so well done on those early moves - I like that approach. Maybe Bell will become your new Lambert, Holt or Le Fondre...they certainly had some good strikers in their time.

I haven't had a lot of time to play FM lately but at least I have made it to January and it has gone pretty much as expected except the good run in Capital one cup (lucky draws though :D). The results has been pretty much as I expected although the loss against Leicester was infuriating as I had control of the game but the difference was that they had Alexis Sanchez and Wilfried Bony (:eek:).

As for performances, Hwan has been the standout and is a joy to behold in 15.3.0 with his pace and dribbling is a constant threat to any unsuspecting defence. Saunders has continued his fine form from last season and has managed 7.21 in 25 games. Lastly Reece James has stepped up his game and supplies a endless barrage of crosses from the left flank for Saunders and Hwan to play with.

zFT1XfF.png

rYYQMWD.png

The big surprise of the season so far has clearly been newly promoted Nottingham Forest and to a lesser extent Fulham while Tottenham have been a disappointment.

As the transfer window just have opened I have already made one signing as Joe Gomez will be joining us from Charlton for £9,25m.

While I might wanna bring in one or two more players I will be mostly developing youngsters that I have already brought in and here is some of the ones who have gotten a chance in the first team.

Chris Bull: A GK who came from our own academy and someone I want to become our #1 in due time but for now is my reserve keeper.

Elvis Jerkovic: I have raved about this guy before but this season he has been my goto DM and while 6.77 is not impressive DMs tend to get the shaft when it comes to ratings.

Michael Pollard: A kid I bought the first season from Chester and he has slowly progressed into someone I consider for atleast the bench.

Boris Simic: Possibly the biggest prospect in the club besides Hwan. Sadly most of last season got ruined due to injuries and he has barely recovered from them and hopefully will continue to develop.

Isao Shimizu: Brought in for free when I was contacted by his agent. He has mostly played second fiddle to Saidy Janko but when he has played he has formed a deadly asian right side with Hwan

Yeah, it's a mix really. Bristol, Sheffield, Wolves (and in some aspects Bradford) are reasonably big, but the rest of us aren't. Five of my last seven matches are away, I've still got to play Crewe and Wolves, and the last match is Ipswich away...

Gunner: I had a look at those teenagers you gave pro contracts to, and both Bell and Hasler-Cregg look quite promising. In fact, a couple of the others do too, so well done on those early moves - I like that approach. Maybe Bell will become your new Lambert, Holt or Le Fondre...they certainly had some good strikers in their time.

Yeah I like the look of quite a few of the current youngsters at the club. I've listed them for loan to gain experience so hopefully they will all get plenty of game time. The contracts are all two year deals but I also added a clause to trigger a further year depending on how things go. There's also a couple in the first team already that have potential; Joe Bunney who scored 4 in pre-season being the best of the bunch I feel.

So after struggling to get into a new save. I've gone back to what started off as my Accrington save. After applying for a new of jobs and was rejected for most. In the end I landed on my feet as I take over 1st place Fleetwood Town in the Sky Bet League One. After 15 games(I've managed none) we're on 30 points and 4 points clear of 2nd.

I've been given a 2 year deal and we're overspending on wages by about £750. We do have £260k left in the transfer kitty though.

Shakey start to Prem life, 3 losses to start the season off, but then 2 wins a draw away at Southampton see us around mid-table :)

Only spent around £6m to improve the squad further... I am really, really happy with my transfers. I wonder if you can guess which ones in particular? ;)

b30adeb026601b446a073e9f46136256.png

Exeter_Profile-2_zps41b2c2e4.png

Season 2018/2019 has now been completed, and Exeter have finally obtained Championship status. The regular league campaign went to the wire, but after heading in to the final weekend 4th, we couldn't quite do enough to make the automatic spots. A superb 1-0 win at Molineux in the first leg of the semi-final set us up for the return at home, and the 4-3 margin of victory makes it look closer than it was at St. James Park. We coasted in to a 3-0 lead, and despite a couple of long-range free-kicks pegging us back, we grabbed a fourth after the break, and the late consolation Wolves got was never a threat to our safe passage.

The play-off final itself was in contrast, and not at all easy. However, after going 2-0 up in the first half, we did a professional job and managed to hold off a valiant Crewe effort with a very narrow 2-1 victory. Below are the remaining results from April and May, the summary of that special Wembley day, the performance review and league table.

Schedule_%20%20Senior%20Fixtures-47_zpsyih8irbx.png

Inbox_%20%20Inbox-30_zps9i0nnb9k.png

Competitions_%20%20Competitions-28_zpsqjgqvcwi.png

Here are the player stats for the season, across all competitions. The stand-out performer was Andre Gray, who managed to overcome a slow start (and an injury absence of over one month towards the end of the regular season) to finish as leading League 1 goal scorer. That's three seasons for him at the club now, and he has been my top scorer each time. Honorary mentions go to Tom Nichols and Michael Chambers, who both played major roles. The best of the rest were Freddie Sears and Matt Grimes.

Squad_%20Players%20Players-24_zpsliupnm5p.png

Squad_%20Players%20Players-25_zpsd1dd7znl.png

Here is a quick outline of what Gray has been able to bring to Exeter. The first shows his current attributes, then his contribution this season, and finally his league record over the past three years (68 league goals in 123 league appearances). Below that are the end of season stats for the leading League 1 players - featuring Gray, Nichols, Grimes and Pym.

Andre%20Gray_%20Overview%20Profile_zpsucp9qrxl.png

Andre%20Gray_%20Overview%20Attributes_zpsqaeqsrjf.png

Andre%20Gray_%20History%20Career%20Stats_zps5dmrc8cu.png

Sky%20Bet%20League%201_%20Stats%20Player_zpssmomtxaq.png

I said when I took this job on, that the aim was to get Exeter in to the second tier. It's been a long and difficult journey - five years of hard graft in fact - but we did it in the right way, with certain principles being followed throughout. I've done (eventually) what I set out to do, and now it's time to begin another adventure at a different club on the new 15.3 database.

I don't know if it's made too clear from my new club guides which team(s) I fancy, as I tried to avoid making it too obvious. But I have two leading contenders in League 1 and the same in League 2. Whether I end up at one of those four destinations remains to be seen, as I also might consider a short-term effort at a Championship club. In any case, it probably won't be a long wait before I am back...

* Welcome (back) Jackson Mourinho and good luck with Pompey. Welcome sammo10 and I hope you enjoy Sheffield United (you should do). Nice update FjollFan - that's a steady start and already you're making a gap to those in the drop zone. NF, how do you keep failing and getting these top jobs? Good luck with Fleetwood, whatever year it is now. Ty, you like busy summers don't you? Some nice signings of course. Finally, Gunner - yes I would imagine Bunney and Allen will be important to you.

Sheffield United 2014/2015

ipp4ea.jpg

Transfers

106haon.png

Out:

Mark Howard: Dont rate. £450k was decent money and freed up the wages.

Ryan Flynn: One of 3 decent right wingers. Only felt I needed two and believe I will get more from Coutts and Campbell-Ryce

Michael Doyle: Threw a massive strop when I took the captaincy away. Wasn't going to be first choice ahead of Wallace so no point in having him around

Louis Reed: Was gutted to lose Reed, especially for so cheap. Offered a decent contract but he chose Southampton ahead of me and 19 other clubs. Really wish I'd have been able to keep hold of him though

In's:

Ernest Okoh: Was wanted by a lot of championship clubs. Scouts saw potential that could be developed so went for him. Can't really lose

Anthony Wodsworth: Not wanted by Ipswich, but a very good player at this level. Scored 13 goals two seasons ago and hpe to get him back to that form.

Scott McDonald: A proven goalscorer on a free transfer. Couldn't say no. Will provide strong competition with McNulty

Jonathan Woodgate: Felt I needed some experience in the side. Woodgate has plenty of it. Has been appointed captain.

Jak Alnwick: I feel he is better than Howard already and has massive potential

Matty Pearson: A man mountain of a centre midfielder. 6ft 3, strong and solid. Signed as BWM cover for Wallace. Far too good to be in the conference. Hope he can

make the step up.

Ben Osborne: Signed on loan to replace the outgoing Reed

Fixtures so far

izaus2.png

Not a bad start in my opinion. Started with a great win against fellow promotion hopefuls Bristol City, all three goals were scored by defenders. Bob Harris, Basham and McCevely. Went out of the cup after fielding a weakened side. Jamie Murphy and Stefan Scougall scored the goals. Lost only game so far away at Coventry. It was a very poor performance. Bounced back with an impressive 3-0 win away at Peterborough, another side I expect to be challenging. A brace from Jose Baxter and I great strike from Matty Done. Then a thriller against Crawley winning 5-3, was 4-1 up at one point but the players fell asleep. a hat trick for McNulty and two for Murphy won the game in the end. Finally a decent point at Preston after James Wallace got sent off.

The Squad

cj09h.png

2s1rlns.png

This squad should hopefully have what it takes to go up. I've tried to mix youth and experience. There are plenty of players in the side who have experience of play League one and higher. In Harris and Brayford we have the two best full backs in the league in my opinion. Wallace and Wodsworth should form a decent partnership and hopefully Pearson can develop into a top League one player. Baxter adds the class that you need to go up and from the games so far, he will be a key player.

Very nice update sammo10. I always like to learn the reasons of transfers (in and out) so enjoyed that part particularly. For a while I'd been toying with the idea of doing a save with FC Halifax, so I'm very interested to see how Pearson gets on for you. I agree, he is definitely far too good for that level (and I like that signing a lot). In earlier versions of FM15 (and FM14) I found Ben Osborn to be a really good player to manage, and Wordsworth has some ability that could be useful. As you said, it's a shame to lose Reed. Good luck with The Blades.

Very nice update sammo10. I always like to learn the reasons of transfers (in and out) so enjoyed that part particularly. For a while I'd been toying with the idea of doing a save with FC Halifax, so I'm very interested to see how Pearson gets on for you. I agree, he is definitely far too good for that level (and I like that signing a lot). In earlier versions of FM15 (and FM14) I found Ben Osborn to be a really good player to manage, and Wordsworth has some ability that could be useful. As you said, it's a shame to lose Reed. Good luck with The Blades.

Thanks Jogo. Pearson has started well. averaging about 7.05 in his first 6 games. Does his job very well, winning the ball back and passing it on. Osborn is definitely someone I'm looking to use more. Will be doing plenty of rotating in central midfield (especially as Wallace keeps getting injured). Great work on your Exeter save by the way, Andre Gray looks like he did great for you. Judging by his number of appearances I'm guessing Kyle Water-Peters doesn't develop too well on the game ? Big things are expected of him at Tottenham in RL! Looking forward to your next save.

@Jogo: Well done and congratulations to the promotion even though it pains to see that you beat Crewe to it ;)

Cheers FF! Yes, I looked for you in the dugout, but you were not there that day :lol:

@sammo10: That's a good start for Pearson then, simple but effective. Regarding Exeter, thanks for that - it was fun. Gray was superb, yes. Walker-Peters only joined in the middle of the 5th season as a squad player, having been released by Tottenham (made just one appearance in almost five years there). This save was before the 15.3 database, so he could turn out much better in the 'latest' version. I'd also heard he was tipped for a bright future at Tottenham - although I wonder if they took on him and Kyle Walker due to some sort of admin confusion :p

Thug club with thug fans. Pearson is a quality when he's not trying to break legs.

Thug club with thug fans. Pearson is a quality when he's not trying to break legs.

That first tackle made me actually angry. Can't do with cowards. Also was that Phil Dowd refereeing? Why didn't he get a straight red for that?

I'm working on the updated club guides on page 1 (post #6) and have made a start on Championship clubs now. It takes a while, so I do hope some people read them and find them useful.

I've also tidied up the layout on the original posts (2/3/4) as that had been bugging me for ages. Not that I expect it has much relevance now, but I'm a bit of a perfectionist.

Jesus. Not nice viewing, hopefully I don't see that side of Pearson in my game. Fair play to the Welling player for taking so many hits though and carrying on !

@FjollFan: How can I not love Woodgate ? He's responsible for the only trophy I have ever been alive to see Tottenham win :)

OK, my work on the club guide is now done on page 1 of this thread (post #6). I hope it helps a few of you out if and when you're looking for clubs to take on.

To any fans of the 72 clubs (or anybody else, in fact), I'm happy to have feedback. Any potential useful info that I'm not aware of (clauses, finances, etc) can be mentioned in here and I'll add it to the guide if it seems relevant. I'm also happy to be corrected on anything that is wrong, or written badly. All that I would ask is that you don't get offended if the (occasional) humour or comments are not to your liking. It's just intended to be a fun (and personal) view of each club - and it's a game that we all have different opinions over.

Cheers all - enjoy, and good night.

@FjollFan: How can I not love Woodgate ? He's responsible for the only trophy I have ever been alive to see Tottenham win :)

As a Spurs fan, exactly my thought :D

@Jogo: Well done on the club guides, looked good when I skimmed through it :)

Month: November

Currently we sit 3rd in the table as shown in the IMG below. There were some surprising results that we did not see it coming. This may be due to the ambitious nature of most of the players in the club. They do not know the meaning of giving up. As long as the final whistle has not been blown, the game is still for everyone to win.

Month%20November%20Standings_zpsg3ap2lii.png

Unexpected results

Watford 1-0 Southampton (H):Many had tipped us to struggle even though we have a home ground advantage. We defy the odds by beating Southampton with an 84th min goal from Abdi. We attacked right from the start. Statistics shown, even though we had lesser possession, the number of shots we had were 22 as compared to theirs of 7. We kept trying till the end till Abdi popped up with the winner with a close range finish by being the first to react to a rebounded effort by Kone.

POM: Joel Ekstrand (CB)

Watford 3-2 Liverpool: A great win accompanied with great Determination from the team. A 90th minute goal from Ashley Williams made the difference in this highly tight and exciting game. The other scorers were James Wilson and Ivan Piris. Raheem Sterling and Lucas Leiva for Liverpool. So here it goes, we started off great leading 2-0 with only 13 mins shown on the clock. James Wilson opened the score on the 4th minute with a superb effort near the edge of the Penalty box. Ivan Piris added the 2nd through Penalty after a cybnical challenge by Sakho on Wilson. I thought we were in for a memorable easy victory. However Liverpool had other plans and we were complacent defensively. They pegged back through Sterling and Lucas. So now the match is open for everyone. And then comes Ashle Williams on the 90th minute to nod in a header after a superb delivery from Juan Fran.

POM : Ashley Williams (CB)

Watford 1-1 Man Utd (A): We rode our luck for this game thanks to Man Utd's failure to finish us off. They had 26 attempts on goal but a measly return of 7 shots on target... We took the lead through Patrick Roberts in the 52nd minute after a great pass from Abdi to set Roberts free in the penalty box for him to apply an easy tap in. We were holding on to the lead and were hoping for a win until Angelo Henriquez popped up in the 78th minute to equalise! It wasn't a heartbreak for us but a win would do our confidence a great leap!

POM: Almen Abdi (CM)

Month%20November%20Fixtures_zpsgfvxsgbq.png

Star Player

Month%20November%20Avg%20Ratings_zpsvmmqflly.png

Two outstanding players are James Wilson and Patrick Roberts. They have notched up 14 goals between them and an avg rating of 7.56 and 7.49 respectively. I was not expectinig them to lead the rating for us. I was thinking that Ashley Williams with vast experience in the PL will lead the way but at least he is still giving good show week in week out with a rating of 7.16.

Additional transfer

Name:Cleiton Schwengber

Club:Atletico Mineiro Reserves

Value:59k

Sale Value:6 million

Scout reports return with favourable comment on him. And I hope i did not pay way over the odds for him. Atletico resolves to keep hold of him is commendable! They were asking for a lot more for him. He looks to be a good prospect and hopefully he will progress very well. What i am afraid of is his ability to command his area @ 9 and also aerial ability @ 9. These two attributes are important if he were to succeed in the PL. But with him, I have time on my hand as he is only 18 and I feel he can improve with proper training and guidance.

Month%20November%20Cleiton_zpshydotkjy.png

With that I end my Monthly updates. I will update you guys once I am done with November period. I will take some time though. I am not 24 hr on my PC.

Additional Update : Just finished my match against Chelsea. Here is the Screenshot:

Month%20November%20Vs%20Chelsea_zps1gutjjeb.png

Archived