FM15 - The Sky Bet Football League thread

Jogo Bonito

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Carlisle_%20%20Profile_zpsb49g7sjw.png

So near, and yet so far - that's the conclusion of my first season with Carlisle United. Having settled on a 5-3-2-WB formation exclusively since mid-December (see post #1286 for previous update), the team managed to maintain a reasonably solid run of form between February and May. Arguably there were too many draws, and away wins were rare events (something to improve on next season), but we held our position in the play-off zone fairly comfortably, without ever getting close enough to make a proper bid for one of the three automatic promotion slots.

We clinched our play-off spot after match 45, with a narrow win at Stevenage - ironically for me it was the same day that confirmed Exeter's relegation out of League 2. Our victory in Hertfordshire also didn't do our hosts much good, as the following week they were confirmed as the second team to suffer the drop. The top three had deserved their promotions, with Luton leading most of the season - and both Tranmere and Plymouth coming on strong as the season progressed. Portsmouth were a bit unlucky to find themselves missing the automatic slots - with the division's top scorer (Matt Tubbs, 35) and assister (Jed Wallace, 18) in their ranks, Shrewsbury were always in the mix, and Accrington surprisingly took the final play-off place.

Our 0-0 draw at Shrewsbury in the first leg was hard work, but in view of our generally poor away form I decided to sit back and play our 532 a bit more cautiously. We then went behind in the return leg at Brunton Park when we conceded a penalty, but fought back to level when Josh Lelan chose a great moment to net his first goal of the season. With time running out, and an away-goal loss just around the corner, Mark Beck then grabbed an 86th minute winner to seal an incredible comeback in-front of 10,000 fans.

Unfortunately for us, Portsmouth managed to overturn a first leg defeat to Accrington, and also emerged as finalists with an extra time victory. I knew that Pompey would be much harder opponents than Stanley at Wembley, and that turned out to be the case. Before we had settled, we fell behind to Andy Barcham's 4th minute goal - and try as we might, we never really did enough to get back on level terms. Usually when I needed something from a game, we went to a route one approach. As in the semi-final against Shrewsbury, I went a step further throwing on attackers to play as wing-backs late on. On this occasion it wasn't enough though, and my young team hadn't really done themselves justice on the day. It was a disappointing end to our season, but the men from Fratton Park had been better than us both on the day and over the entire campaign, so I had to take it on the chin as a fair outcome.

Schedule_%20%20Senior%20Fixtures-53_zpsdfsmxtmx.png

Schedule_%20%20Senior%20Fixtures-54_zpsggmescok.png

Competitions_%20%20Competitions-31_zpswrhaann4.png

Here are the player stats for the season across all competitions. I mentioned Lelan and Beck briefly earlier, and these two deserve lots of credit for productive campaigns. Lelan only missed one game and was a model of consistency as the middle of my three central defenders - as you can see from the average rating and fact that he won the fans award for Player of the Year. Beck (along with Charlie Wyke) hadn't been my idea of a main striker, but after transfer-listing the pair in the summer and not attracting any offers, they both found themselves in the team, and were our main goal threat. They both remain on the list, so I either need to make new efforts to sell them, or reward them with better support and new contract offers. The main sources of my assists were the two wing-backs, Patrick Brough on the left, and David Symington on the right - the latter being named in the League 2 team of the season. Brad Potts (when not suspended) was also an important member of the squad, and will remain vice captain for next season, whilst my teenage Brazilian playmaker, Gabriel Almeida, is progressing well - except for the fact that he is now Portuguese...

Squad_%20Players%20Players-26_zpsotcqgplf.png

Squad_%20Players%20Players-27_zps6i2zzyja.png

Inbox_%20%20Inbox-33_zpsnfv79khh.png

Inbox_%20%20Inbox-31_zpsoa2ki3vr.png

Inbox_%20%20Inbox-34_zpsbfdisghb.png

As mentioned previously, the club was losing well over £100k every month, despite me not spending any money and generating some cash through a sale and lower bonus payouts. Luckily we earned enough money in May to off-set this and you can see from the financial graph how much of an impact that made. Looking ahead, the board gave us a small transfer budget in advance of the next season (although loans and free transfers will be the way forward). With the removal of several unwanted players, we are also trimming our wage budget to more sensible levels. Somehow we made an overall profit, and the tax man was only too willing to take a cut of this.

Finances_%20Finances%20Summary-4_zpsbxmnyhwv.png

Inbox_%20%20Inbox-32_zpsicc6rdrp.png

Nice update Jogo.

Tough luck on the promotion but next season should be the one. Great to see Lelan doing work for you aswell :)

As for Crewe, we have been moving into January now with alot of tough matches behind us.

uEtFwlC.png

We won most of the matches we should've besides the Leicester one aswell as the brilliant match against a really strong 3rd placed Everton with players like Mitrovic, Lacazette and Mangala besides the usual troublemakers in that team :D Despite the good I had hoped of better performances against Spurs but we were absolutely dreadful against them. The Chelsea one was just a casual breakdown which could've ended like that funny 10-0 one but thankfully they had mercy on us :lol:

When it comes to transfers I have only brought in a young GK from Man United and the plan is to keep it that way unless something great shows up or I am forced to sell someone so hopefully a Transfer update shouldn't be necessary :cool:

Edit:

u6AyXYo.png

A good month for our youths:cool:

Very unlucky Jogo! Would promotion have been too soon for you though anyway? I'm sure you have a plan set out to go on better next season and I'm looking forward to seeing how you do with a team that is more 'yours'.

Good work FF. Like you said (not including Leicester) you have only suffered defeats against those that you would expect to lose against so you're doing well. KUTGW!

Cheers FF, yes Lelan was very sound and hopefully we can extend the loan for next season. I agree that those results of yours are not as bad as they might seem. Keep picking up points against the weaker sides and it should see you safe.

Thanks Gunner, as you can see from the age of my players, it certainly would have been a big relegation battle next season if we had made it. There won't be too much difference in the players being used next season, hopefully a few loan extensions and a couple of free transfers (some for the U21 squad probably). I really like giving the youngsters a chance and feel that if it's not done in season 1, they tend to never make their way in to the team as we all generally improve our quality each season. A few of the senior pros will be off, and that pleases me as it was wasted money and we need to stabilise financially.

It's good that you have a clear idea of what you want to do for the next season. Did your thoughts change at all as you progressed into the playoffs?

Not sure if I'm in the same situation really! Starting to worry that if we do go up then is it maybe too early? Although I'm likening this Rochdale save to the Colchester one that I did last year and I managed to keep them in the Championship after being promoted first season so who knows!

Thanks Gunner. I think if promotion is there, take it. If it doesn't happen, no need to panic, just have another crack the following season and stick to your guns. If you make it, you only have to find three teams worse than you (four if it had been from L2 of course), and even if you don't survive, by then you'll have a few better players and club finances will be better. I'd say just be sensible with wages on contract renewals and new players (relegation clauses/bonuses etc). What I did on a shoestring at Exeter proves you can survive without risking your future. Looking forward to your next update anyway. My thoughts didn't change at all, I still wanted to remove the same (older) players and give the younger ones a chance to shine - that would have been the case if we had gone up (the method worked fine with Exeter where this was little change to the squad each season).

Thanks Adzke, great to know that you're enjoying the updates from everybody. If you're managing one of 'our' clubs feel free to share your story. If you want to manage 'in here', feel free to read and/or ask about it. If you're just enjoying the read, it's still very satisfying to know it's entertaining.

Really enjoyed reading some of the posts in this thread, so much so that I've decided to have a crack at my own football league save. After spending some time deciding who to take on I went ahead and loaded up a save with Southend! I look forwarding to updating my progress in here.

Really enjoyed reading some of the posts in this thread, so much so that I've decided to have a crack at my own football league save. After spending some time deciding who to take on I went ahead and loaded up a save with Southend! I look forwarding to updating my progress in here.

Welcome along and best of luck with Southend (happy to hear you've enjoyed the thread too). The only word of warning I would give is that anybody who mentioned taking them over seems to disappear quite quickly, it's like the Bermuda Triangle of Essex!

Will look forward to the Blackburn and Southend updates in due course.

70._zps4nnfitam.png

I've completed my pre-season preparations ahead of my second year at Carlisle United. Results were pretty good, barring two losses against a full-strength Newcastle and their U21 squad. That game against their youngsters was the only one I hadn't scheduled, but I had no option to cancel it and so gave all my back-up players a game due to our carefully selected program becoming rather tight at that time.

Schedule_%20%20Senior%20Fixtures-55_zpsljxofjom.png

Our business in the transfer market was modest in line with my plans. I've renewed the loans of centre-back Josh Lelan from Derby, and central midfielder Chris Dawson from Leeds (both with no wage contributions again). I've also snapped up Matthew Young on a free transfer after his release from Sheffield Wednesday, as he was a useful squad player whilst on loan last season.

Also returning to the club is Josh Todd, a central midfielder signed on a free from Annan Athletic (our affiliate club in Scotland). He was on the books at Brunton Park until 2013, and has since had a reasonably good spell North of the border. He'll go in to the U21 squad to see if he can make the grade here at the second attempt. Lewis Walters is a young striker released by Leeds, and Scott Fenwick was a prolific marksman in non-league before earning a move to Hartlepool. His form for Pools prompted me to agree paying an initial fee of £10k (plus clauses) for his services. The last two arrivals were loans, with Charlie Taylor (Leeds) an ideal player to compete with Brough at left wing-back, and England youth captain Bryn Morris (Middlesbrough) an alternative option as a defensive midfield player.

I did initially extend the loan of Jordi Hiwula, but I decided that he might block the progress of both Fenwick and Walters, so I took the brave step to cancel it before the end of pre-season. I've got a main squad of 23 players now, with a handful of experienced pros in the U21 squad until they find new homes.

Leaving the club were Derek Asamoah (retired), Paul Thirlwell (now a coach on vastly reduced wages), Billy Painter, Stephen Elliott, Matty Robson, Gary Dicker (£10k), and Courtney Meppen-Walter (£100k). So far, I've not been able to move out Anthony Griffith, Antony Sweeney, David Amoo or Danny Kearns. I'd expect a small fee for the latter two, but the other pair can go for free.

Forward Jason Blackburn has been loaned to Annan Athletic, whilst defender/midfielder Ellis Pearson, and striker Jack Laird have joined another affiliate club (Workington). Hopefully all of them will have a future at the club.

Transfers_%20%20Transfer%20History-12_zpsrz2lyjv7.png

I've been busy renewing player contracts throughout all three squads, and most of these have gone through without any issues. I've decided to reward Mark Beck and Charlie Wyke, and having now taken both off the transfer list, new deals have been signed by the two main strikers. I've also managed to secure Gabriel Almeida on a new long-term contract, although I'm a little concerned by a non-negotiable £1.1m release clause that his agent demanded. Here's how my one-time Brazilian player looks at the start of this second season.

Gabriel%20Almeida_%20Overview%20Profile_zps5lxbttyy.png

Our season opens in a memorable way, as we will travel to newly-promoted North Eastern rivals Gateshead. Relegated from League 1 were MK Dons, Chesterfield, Walsall and Gillingham, whilst Gateshead and Bristol Rovers replace relegated Exeter and Stevenage. I'm not sure what happened to MK Dons, but they are unsurprisingly 7-4 favourites for the title. Their expected nearest challengers are listed as 20-1 (Walsall and Chesterfield), whilst we are predicted to finish 7th at odds of 50-1.

Nice updates Jogo - Painfully close first time round. Looks like you could be in for a good season, with the business done. Especially renewing Lelan's loan. Almeida looks like he is coming along very nicely, even if he is no longer Brazilian :p

Nice updates Jogo - Painfully close first time round. Looks like you could be in for a good season, with the business done. Especially renewing Lelan's loan. Almeida looks like he is coming along very nicely, even if he is no longer Brazilian :p

Cheers sammo. Hopefully we can have another good season but I'm sure it will be a competitive league again. So disappointed about Almeida - the same thing happened when I had him at Grasshoppers. I even withdrew him from the Portugal squad at the end of last season so I'm not really sure why his nationality has already changed anyway.

Tuesday 3rd March 2015

Rochdale 4-4 Crewe Alexandra

Goals galore has we ended this match all square with Crewe. Adil Nabi opened the scoring with a long range strike which took a deflection on the way in. Crewe equalised on the 21st minute. Rhys Bennett put us back in front with an incisive finish from 14 yards. Crewe equalised again from the penalty spot. Tom Kennedy regained the lead with a free kick and Nabi added the 4th from close range. Nicky Ajose for Crewe pulled one back on 65 minutes and as the clock ticked down Crewe grabbed their 3rd equaliser of the game through Billy Waters.

Tom Kennedy and Joe Bunney were named in the League One Team of the Week.

Season Goalscorer’s: League/Cup

Adil Nabi - 18/5

Ian Henderson - 10/2

Joe Bunney - 5/3

Calvin Andrew - 3/3

Mohamed Coulibaly - 4/1

Peter Vincenti - 4/0

Jamie Allen - 1/2

Callum Camps - 3/0

Ashley Eastham - 1/1

Daryl Horgan - 2/1

Scott Tanser - 3/0

Stephen Dawson - 3/0

Febian Brandy - 2/0

Rhys Bennett - 1/1

Tom Kennedy - 1/0

Wednesday 4th March 2015

Jonathan Diba agreed to extend his loan deal with Vanarama Conference North side North Ferriby. The 17 year old goalkeeper will now spend the next 2 months out on loan.

Dominic Reid agreed to extend his loan deal with Vanarama Conference North side Solihull Moors. The 18 year old midfielder will now spend the next 2 months out on loan.

Saturday 7th March 2015

Rochdale 1-0 Colchester United

Revenge for the FA Cup was dished out as we beat Colchester by 1 goal to nil. Nabi grabbing the only goal of the game on the 7th minute.

Adil Nabi - 19/5

Ian Henderson - 10/2

Joe Bunney - 5/3

Calvin Andrew - 3/3

Mohamed Coulibaly - 4/1

Peter Vincenti - 4/0

Jamie Allen - 1/2

Callum Camps - 3/0

Ashley Eastham - 1/1

Daryl Horgan - 2/1

Scott Tanser - 3/0

Stephen Dawson - 3/0

Febian Brandy - 2/0

Rhys Bennett - 1/1

Tom Kennedy - 1/0

Saturday 14th March 2015

Fleetwood Town 2-1 Rochdale

Febian Brandy gave us the lead on 39 minutes but two wonderful goals from Fleetwood meant we ended up on the losing side. Fleetwood, down to 10 men from first half stoppage time produced to wonderful strikes to win 2-1.

Adil Nabi - 19/5

Ian Henderson - 10/2

Joe Bunney - 5/3

Calvin Andrew - 3/3

Mohamed Coulibaly - 4/1

Peter Vincenti - 4/0

Jamie Allen - 1/2

Callum Camps - 3/0

Ashley Eastham - 1/1

Daryl Horgan - 2/1

Scott Tanser - 3/0

Stephen Dawson - 3/0

Febian Brandy - 3/0

Rhys Bennett - 1/1

Tom Kennedy - 1/0

Tuesday 17th March 2015

Notts County 1-0 Rochdale

Notts County grabbed a deserved win as we struggled to get into the game at Meadow Lane. Notts County winner came on 52 minutes.

Adil Nabi - 19/5

Ian Henderson - 10/2

Joe Bunney - 5/3

Calvin Andrew - 3/3

Mohamed Coulibaly - 4/1

Peter Vincenti - 4/0

Jamie Allen - 1/2

Callum Camps - 3/0

Ashley Eastham - 1/1

Daryl Horgan - 2/1

Scott Tanser - 3/0

Stephen Dawson - 3/0

Febian Brandy - 3/0

Rhys Bennett - 1/1

Tom Kennedy - 1/0

Wednesday 18th March 2015

17 year old midfielder Kisimba Kisimba agreed to join Vanarama Conference side Southport on loan for 1 month.

Saturday 21st March 2015

Rochdale 5-2 Scunthorpe United

Febian Brandy was the man of the moment as we put Scunthorpe to the sword at Spotland. An error from the Scunthorpe defence allowed Adil Nabi to open the scoring. 5 minutes later though the game was back all square. Just after half time central defender Lloyd Jones put us back in front. Brandy then powered home to extend the lead to 3-1. Brandy was again in on goal and scored to make it 4-1 on 74 minutes before Scunthorpe pulled one back. It was then the turn of substitute Peter Vincenti to make it 5-2.

Febian Brandy was selected in the League One Team of the Week.

Adil Nabi - 20/5

Ian Henderson - 10/2

Joe Bunney - 5/3

Calvin Andrew - 3/3

Mohamed Coulibaly - 4/1

Peter Vincenti - 5/0

Febian Brandy - 5/0

Jamie Allen - 1/2

Callum Camps - 3/0

Ashley Eastham - 1/1

Daryl Horgan - 2/1

Scott Tanser - 3/0

Stephen Dawson - 3/0

Rhys Bennett - 1/1

Tom Kennedy - 1/0

Lloyd Jones - 1/0

Saturday 28th March 2015

Rochdale 0-0 Yeovil Town

Despite peppering the Yeovil goal we couldn’t find a breakthrough and had to settle for a share of the spoils.

Adil Nabi - 20/5

Ian Henderson - 10/2

Joe Bunney - 5/3

Calvin Andrew - 3/3

Mohamed Coulibaly - 4/1

Peter Vincenti - 5/0

Febian Brandy - 5/0

Jamie Allen - 1/2

Callum Camps - 3/0

Ashley Eastham - 1/1

Daryl Horgan - 2/1

Scott Tanser - 3/0

Stephen Dawson - 3/0

Rhys Bennett - 1/1

Tom Kennedy - 1/0

Lloyd Jones - 1/0

Tuesday 31st March 2015

Injury Update:

Febian Brandy is currently out with a thigh strain. The right winger is expected to be out for between 2 to 3 weeks.

End of Month Round-Up - February 2015

Sky Bet League One - 2nd (possible finish 1st to 21st)

Capital One Cup - Lost in Second Round (v Reading)

FA Cup - Lost in Second Round (v Colchester)

Johnstone’s Paint Trophy - Lost in North Semi Final (v Sheffield United)

Good luck for the new season Jogo! Seem to have done some decent business and Almeida is looking very good indeed!

How long do you think you can hold onto him for?

Cheers Gunner. I don't think the transfer business was that impressive really, more a continuity of what went before with a couple of extras thrown in. Having said that, I'm very satisfied as the squad is in decent shape and definitely feels more like my own team now. Almeida is under contract until 2018 and won't be sold before then unless anybody pays the £1.1m release clause.

A mixed month for you at Rochdale, but to still be 2nd at the end of March is very good going. How many games are left, it must be about five or six? Nabi has made a really good contribution since you took him on loan - well done for that mate.

Cheers Gunner. I don't think the transfer business was that impressive really, more a continuity of what went before with a couple of extras thrown in. Having said that, I'm very satisfied as the squad is in decent shape and definitely feels more like my own team now. Almeida is under contract until 2018 and won't be sold before then unless anybody pays the £1.1m release clause.

A mixed month for you at Rochdale, but to still be 2nd at the end of March is very good going. How many games are left, it must be about five or six? Nabi has made a really good contribution since you took him on loan - well done for that mate.

Sometimes continuity is better though and hopefully it works out well for you.

I've played a couple of games into April now (won 1, lost 1) and we have 4 games left. Nabi just pulled his hamstring and so will miss the rest of the season pretty much but he's been fantastic and hopefully someone else will step up and help fire the team to at least the playoffs. :(

Sometimes continuity is better though and hopefully it works out well for you.

I've played a couple of games into April now (won 1, lost 1) and we have 4 games left. Nabi just pulled his hamstring and so will miss the rest of the season pretty much but he's been fantastic and hopefully someone else will step up and help fire the team to at least the playoffs. :(

I'm tediously boring, and always go for continuity over more radical methods - it's definitely my preferred way. Shame about Nabi's injury but a solid start to April for you and I'm sure somebody will step up to replace him. If it's any consolation I just lost one of my main strikers (Wyke) in the first week of the new season, and he is set to miss six or seven weeks now. Although it's not good news, I'm also quite excited to see what Fenwick or Walters can do in the role of partner to Beck.

Mixed bag for you Gunner. An 8 goal thriller must have been entertaining ... If not a bit frustrating. Shame that Nabi is out, maybe you can find a surprise new hero though in his absence.

My promotion bid has been somewhat interrupted by a Takeover bid which has seen my results plummet quite drastically. Thankfully the takeover has now been completed by the Dutch Joop Munsterman and his entourage. He has invested £3.7m and invested in the the training facilities, so hopefully a positive influence.

@Jogo

Nice to see a few of the leeds lads there! How is Dawson for you? C Taylor had a minor boost in the update afaik. I've always used him as my first choice LB when starting with leeds :D Give us an update on them when you can. Walters stats look semi decent for that level tbh

@Jogo

Nice to see a few of the leeds lads there! How is Dawson for you? C Taylor had a minor boost in the update afaik. I've always used him as my first choice LB when starting with leeds :D Give us an update on them when you can. Walters stats look semi decent for that level tbh

Yeah, I like the look of the local lads at Leeds and made a point of trying to grab a few. Dawson was pretty good last season and hopefully will be reliable again (usually B2B and occasionally DLP if coming from the bench). I had Taylor for several years at Exeter on the old patch and think he should be really handy after his upgrade, especially as he will be used as a wing-back rather than a full-back. Walters was on my radar during my first season but I needed to shift a few unwanted strikers out first. I thought that was a good pick up on a free transfer (he's likely to be used from the bench) and his value became £250k upon signing with us.

Edit: Sorry Gunner just saw your last post. It will be a shame to miss out automatically as it seems like you've been in the top two for a while, but you would have been happy with a play-off spot when you started, so it's still a success if you 'only' manage that. Then go out there and show them what you've created, you can do it!

I was going to say earlier that I was unlucky with takeovers, but actually I think I have been lucky. The last takeover I had was in FM14 with Leyton Orient, when an existing board member took over and I was kept on. Prior to that it was FM13 with Coventry and I was kept on then too. I think that's the only two I ever had in FM.

Yeah let's hope they screw it up now. Tough decision for you there, but I know I would begin again at a new club. Good luck whatever you decide.

I was going to say earlier that I was unlucky with takeovers, but actually I think I have been lucky. The last takeover I had was in FM14 with Leyton Orient, when an existing board member took over and I was kept on. Prior to that it was FM13 with Coventry and I was kept on then too. I think that's the only two I ever had in FM.

Yeah let's hope they screw it up now. Tough decision for you there, but I know I would begin again at a new club. Good luck whatever you decide.

I have survived all previous takeovers I have ever had until now ... I nearly typed in my original post about the takeover 'Only negative is a new manager has been linked, but that never actually happens'. Going to start a new save, seeing Carlos Queiroz win promotion in his first game in charge (on the last day of the season) is the final straw for this one.

Like I mentioned yesterday, I'm having a real good time managing Blackburn. I'm top of the league, but the financial situation is dire to say the least. I haven't sold anyone yet, but I've had an offer for Rudy Gestede from Metalist of £6,500,000 which I feel like I have to accept in order to save the club.

OwIt0Ws.png

EoSWegz.png

Ltry1eA.png

I do, however, feel fairly good putting my trust in Jordan Rhodes. He's been downright unstoppable for me so far.

Qp8BTfZ.png

Is it possible to gain promotion if the club is under administration?

@sammo: Doubly sad way to end, but you/we know it was you that actually got them promoted. Good luck with your next challenge, any early ideas?

@Adzke: A great start there. Financial hell though, as it was for them in FM14 for somebody that managed them. I'd definitely take that money for Gestede, and as you say, Rhodes is always likely to save the day.

@sammo: Doubly sad way to end, but you/we know it was you that actually got them promoted. Good luck with your next challenge, any early ideas?

@Adzke: A great start there. Financial hell though, as it was for them in FM14 for somebody that managed them. I'd definitely take that money for Gestede, and as you say, Rhodes is always likely to save the day.

Gestede's off now, which brings my deficit down to just below £1,500,000. Looking to see if Rhodes will hit 50 league goals for me.

Gestede's off now, which brings my deficit down to just below £1,500,000. Looking to see if Rhodes will hit 50 league goals for me.

Good decision in my opinion. Rhodes is doing incredibly well and could manage that miracle achievement. Is the usual supply line from Conway, Marshall and Cairney?

Jogo - Thanks, had a look at your front page, which has been helpful. At the moment, Plymouth and Luton stand out for me at the moment.

Adzke - Good luck managing them finances, agree with Jogo. That is very good money. You look good for promotion though, having a great season and a season in the Premiership should help out the finance.

Good decision in my opinion. Rhodes is doing incredibly well and could manage that miracle achievement. Is the usual supply line from Conway, Marshall and Cairney?

Indeed.

My starting XI looks like this when all are fit (which has been a major issue for me with this squad). I prefer Lowe to Corry Evans in central midfield, but Evans has been important with the others often being injured or ruled out through suspensions etc.

U6WDy7g.png

Adzke - Good luck managing them finances, agree with Jogo. That is very good money. You look good for promotion though, having a great season and a season in the Premiership should help out the finance.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed I won't be unable to gain promotion due to my finances.

Jogo - Thanks, had a look at your front page, which has been helpful. At the moment, Plymouth and Luton stand out for me at the moment.

I'm happy if it was useful, it took me ages to update so nice to know it helped. I've always wanted to manage Plymouth and think they are strong defensively, plus they have the 'Reid brothers' and a couple of useful transfer clauses. They can attract good rep players too, for example Akpom was there in my first season at Carlisle! I just don't like their lack of pace, mainly in midfield and perhaps in attack, plus McCormick is somebody I don't want to manage. Luton was one of my top two choices in League 2 on the new database (the other wasn't Carlisle) and you'll be in for a massive financial surprise if you go there. It's definitely on my 'to do' list - I'll be a bit sad if you beat me to it actually :o

@Adzke: Thanks for posting the team up, pretty much what I expected to see really, but incredible results from it.

@Gunner: Nice going and promotion looks possible :) Though it kinda makes me happy that you struggled with Crewe and Waters secured the point for The Railwaymen :D

@sammo: Wow, that's ridicously harsh. Hope that you find a new good home.

@Adzke: I will until the day I die tell people horror stories about Rhodes. I. Hate. To. Face. Him..... ;)

Unlucky with that decision to get rid of you Sammo. I would say Plymouth would be a good team to manage. Do they still have Dominic Blizzard? He used to be a favourite of mine on FM 07/08 with Stockport County. I also managed Plymouth a few additions ago (might have been FM 12/13) and it was an enjoyable game.

Cheers FF! Gutted about Nabi tbh. Joe Bunney looks like he could be the one that steps forward but we will have to see. We shouldn't really be up there anyway and I think the tough run of games since the new year as really pushed my squad and has force me into playing certain below strength players more often than I would have liked.

I anticipate I will finish the season tomorrow night as the missus is on a night shift. :D

great going Gunner, FjollFan and Jogo. welcome and nice update there Adzke.

Sammo - great disappointment... I think we are like minded in the choice of clubs, Luton is also my choice for L2 save. Although after the recent update I am more inclined to do one with Newport County - try doing a Swansea.

Putting a welsh club in premier league in 5-6 years.

@Gunner: Good luck with your end of season - very decent of your missus to work nights at such a crucial time ;)

@fyrefuze: Newport will be a good one, especially if you can 'do a Swansea' with them. I wonder if fenlander is still going with them?

@sammo: Good luck at Plymouth, and hopefully the grass will be greener for you! I'd heard that Blizzard's form had drifted over the years but in any case it's still a club that can easily make it to the second tier (or more if your last effort is anything to go by). I must also confess that I'm delighted that you and fyrefuze have not picked Luton yet :lol:

I am currently in my 3rd season as a jouneyman manager and I searched for Dominic Blizzard and seeing someone ask about him in here and keep an eye on him, ask him if he wants to become a coach when he retires cos he has 20 for attacking stats as a coach, 15 for man management, 13 for tactical, 12 for working with youngsters, 11 for determination, level of discipline 12 and motivating is 16.

Archived