dafuge's FM15 challenge

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

has anyone seen / got a save with Lancaster City in yet!? DYING to play them, I usually do the challenge without posting, I enjoy reading others but rarely have time to post my own updates. So, has anyone seem them? Or Kendal City either!

On a slightly different note- as they are in level 8 they rarely come up, but without editing the database and putting them at level 7, is there a way of ensuring they- or even checking- are eligible to be promoted in 2015/16?!

Basically I dont know how to see, or if you even can, if they can be promoted to bother reloading 23rd June 2016.

Phew- hope some of that makes sense!

Hey guys. First time in many years that I've had the time to at least start this challenge. Have taken over Margate in the Conference South.

Information

Am currently nearly half way through the first season and finding it very strange. Have been the best performed team on the road with a 7-2-0 record. The problem is that at home I haven't been able to find a successful mentality/tactic and so far my home record is 3-1-7. Overall I'm sitting just outside the playoffs which is the board's expectations. Usually I expect teams to play more defensively away from home so I tend to have a slightly more attacking mentality at home but even when switching to standard or counter I'm not having much luck. Hopefully I can sort out the issues and keep the away form strong which would give me a good chance of getting into the playoffs.

Can one of you tell me if this is a good talent? https://www.dropbox.com/s/7qyt8v6rkvjlreg/Dave%20Langford_%20Overview%20Profile.png?dl=0

he's 4,5 stars but can he become really good?

For maybe League 1 standards he can become really good. World class? I don't think so, especially since Hereford don't have state of the art training facilities.

For maybe League 1 standards he can become really good. World class? I don't think so, especially since Hereford don't have state of the art training facilities.

thanks, i'll just keep him around for now, see how he turns out

How?

Has anyone ever had a injury warming up?

He took the kickoff passed to a teammate and then collapsed on the floor in a heap, actually watching the injury again he in fact bruised his rib tackling the Arsenal player who took the kickoff rather than being injured taking the kickoff (it was the first highlight and all I saw live was Brasnic on the floor and my team with the ball and assumed we'd taken the kickoff) which makes it somewhat better looking than him injurying himself kicking the ball. Though the press still had a go at him for not ending his goal drought despite the fact that he wasn't on the pitch long enough to do anything :(

Hereford United - League One - This is our year.

Season 22/23

League Table.

http://i.gyazo.com/e4253e9e9347705ad43169868b0f7bc8.png

Playoffs

http://i.gyazo.com/9ec334b07fb146082293ab46bbe06e11.png

What a season, the conistency levels were high, till we dropped off at the end but the boys done the jobs in the playoffs in one of the worst playoff finals ever. So bad no highlights in the first 45mins.

The cups saw a massive improvement. A 4-0 win over Southend was followed up by a narrow 3-2 defeat to Swansea in the League Cup.

The FA Cup saw wins over Tamworth and Accrington before we lost 2-1 at Newcastle in the third round. Lost to a 88th min goal. Devasted.

The JPT saw us get to the Southern Semi Final. Wins over Wycombe, Yeovil, Stevenage and a penalty win over Notts County got us so close before bottling the 2 legged affair with Gillingham.

Transfers for 23/24 season. Cashed in on Jessen, had to be done, put us in the black for the first time ever.

http://i.gyazo.com/83830a6f2cb31c0ae95e69f3c1e807ac.png

My Squad now.

http://i.gyazo.com/c4f00ea141a7ef2172a61458d16a69ff.png

Season    Division                    Position   Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16   Vanarama Conference North   1st    Champions  Fa Cup 2nd Qual round FA Trophy 4th Round
2016/17   Vanarama Conference           1st     Champions  Fa Cup 1st Round, FA Trophy 1st Round
2017/18   League Two                          14th    JTP Round 2, League Cup Round 1, FA Cup Round 2.
2018/19   League Two                           2nd      Promoted, League Cup Round 1, JPT Round 2, FA Cup Round 3
2019/20   League One                           22nd     Relegated, League Cup R1, JPT Round 1, FA Cup Round 2.
2020/21   League Two                           1st       Champions, League Cup R1, JPT Round 1, Fa Cup Round 2.
2021/22   League One                         11th        League Cup Round 4, FA Cup round 2, JPT Quarter finals.
2022/23   League One                         3rd        Promoted, Playoff winners, League Cup Round 2, FA Cup Round 3, JPT Semi finals.

The sale of Jessen and Championship TV money put us in the black for the first time ever. I improve youth recruitment, youth levels and Junior Coaching. Here's a graph of our finances.

http://i.gyazo.com/a1f245937735dc2121a8f275eed3b358.png

We have finally recorded our second away win in the League and it's only taken until Feb (12th away game), thankfully we have the fourth best (!) home record in the league which somehow has us sat in 8th place after 26 games, a comfortable 15 points clear of relegation, but 26 points behind leaders Utd who are walking the League this season and are looking likely to win the title for the first team since the starting season.

And with six games left we have secured our Premier League status for a second season with an away win in Cardiff :cool:, and somehow we are only two points off a Champions League place :eek: - ourselves Burnley and City are all on 51pts though City have two games in hand, ahead of us are Arsenal on 52 then Liverpool in fourth with 53, Spurs third with 55, then Chelsea second with 65pts and with Utd way out in front with 76pts and two games in hand.

So after my miserable failure last last time out I have decided to start again this this time with Truro (who took a hell a lot of save scumming to be available)

Profile Here http://imgur.com/WCLQIKa

My absurdly lofty ambition is to build the Cornish football empire, building up with youth players, and with the absurd 442 diamond that the czech republic played with in 2004 (I say absurd because without a player like Pavel Nedved orchestrating everything it may prove to be a pipe dream).

To start of with though I have to actually not get relegated or my grand plans will be pointless dreaming.

If anyone is interested here is the piece that first caught my eye about the czech republic http://www.zonalmarking.net/2010/02/22/teams-of-the-decade-8-czech-republic-2004/

Also since I have far too much time on my hands I created a map of the dafuge challenge clubs here https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zCcz8KxeOUrg.k-qq-csapiUM . So if you want to choose a club like I did because no big teams are nearby you can see where they all are located, or it may just prove an interesting tidbit for those people who like me have no idea about low league football outside of football manager.

Near the end of the first season with Margate and finances are a problem. Despite being more then £2k/week below the wage budget, the club has been losing money all season and only surviving thanks to the board putting in £140k so far. Have looked into the possibility of arranging friendlies but they seem to cost more than they bring in. The only good thing is that the club doesn't have enough money to sack me so my job security is decent if the club can stay afloat.

Dulwich Hamlet - Barclays Premier League - 2027/28

League - we were below european spots the entire season, it was a good run in the last ten matches that put us there.

FA Cup - this shouldn't be happening anymore with the quality of our squad.

Capital One Cup - a show of what we can really do, with a thumping in the final.

UEFA Europa League - we had a great group stage but runners up Sporting were too strong for us.

Squad - if we can avoid so many injuries this is a group that with some additions can do even better.

Transfers - there wasn't much money so we had to act wisely.

Finances - hopefully this means more money to spend in the future.

Career overview

Season    Division                    Position   Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16   Vanarama Conference South   6th
2016/17   Vanarama Conference South   8th
2017/18   Vanarama Conference South   16th
2018/19   Vanarama Conference South   7th
2019/20   Vanarama Conference South   1st        Promotion
2020/21   Vanarama Conference         12th
2021/22   Vanarama Conference         5th        Promotion via play-off
2022/23   Sky Bet League 2            4th
2023/24   Sky Bet League 2            2nd        Promotion
2024/25   Sky Bet League 1            2nd        Promotion
2025/26   Sky Bet Championship        1st        Promotion
2026/27   Barclays Premier League     6th
2027/28   Barclays Premier League     6th        League Cup winners

Next season

We can improve the squad and with a bit of luck we can aim for a top 4 finish.

FC United – Premier League 2022/23 – Season 8

So we finally made it to the promised land of the Premier League in record team no less and after having won the FA Cup. The boards expectations were to do our best to stay up and they gave me the money to do it, they gave me ~£16m which I'd largely spend before the season updated and then midway through the season doubled our wage budget to £400K p/w when I asked for some more money (though they did turn down my earlier request for more transfer money, so I just shifted the extra wage budget to transfers), the bookies didn't give us much of a chance whilst the media predicted we'd finish 19th.

Season Preview - With a bit of luck we might just stay up whilst poor Bournemouth were given no chance.

Richlist - Promotion to the Premier League see's us make our debut in the Rich List at 97th, though not quite sure how promotion saw Bournemouth drop so far.

Reputation - We leap upto 3.5 stars and above four other Prem sides, whilst Stoke, Leicester, Wigan and Burnley all obtain Continental reputations.

Transfers - Busy season as I went about building up a team to keep us in the Premier League spending big (with most of the money spread over four years) on three players English Attacker Alex Beaglehole joined for a club record £9.5m, followed by Greek Defender Spyros Risvanis and then Mexican Wonderkid Ricardo Manzo was snapped up for £7.5m in Jan, other signings were a combination of squad players and promising youngsters. Saleswise I didn't really have anyone to sell though Midfielder Meyssen left for a club record £1m.

Community Shield - We were comfortably beaten by Man City at the start of what could be a long season.

FA Cup - Our defence of the FA Cup went badly as our woeful away form continued with a shock defeat to a Sunderland side that eventually went down.

Europa League - We somehow made our debut as a third seed based purely on our Nation seed as we aren't even listed (though League 1 Bolton are despite not having been anywhere near europe so far in game?). This resulted in us getting a tough group on paper at least, drawing Dutch giants Ajax who'd dropped down from the Champions League and hadn't really done much in Europe so far only getting out of the UCL Group stages once in the second season and then making the Europa League Semi-Finals in 2016. Second seeds were Russian side Spartak Moscow who'd been in the Europa League the best eight seasons making it out of the groups every year bar one, but never making it past the second knockout round and making up the group was French side Lille who'd only made it past the group stage once and that was back in the first season after they'd dropped out of the Champions League, two of their other three campaigns saw them finish third in their group but last year they lost to HJK in the qualifers.

Europa League Table - An excellent debut as we qualifed by goal difference though our away form nearly let us down, our opening game saw us blow a 2-0 lead in Moscow, thankfully we followed that with a 4-0 thrashing of LOSC in Bolton, were somewhat lucky to draw in Holland before taking our chances in the return game against Ajax, but a home draw against Spartak cost us top spot and left us with a slim chance of going out if we lost in France, and whilst we predictably lost in France it was only 1-0 which was enough to send us through thanks to winning the home match 4-0.

In the Knockout Round we drew Spanish side Sevilla who'd struggled to make it past this stage with there best season being a Quarter Final exit last season, with the First Leg at Home things went horribly wrong as we switched off on two free kicks and were punished and with our woeful away form we'd need a performance in Spain to overturn a 2-0 defeat, though it never came as we lost 2-0 again to be knocked out however it was a solid debut attempt.

League Cup - Our disappointment in the other cups was made up by a fine season in the League Cup we easily brushed past Prem sides Blackburn and Bournemouth to set up a Quarter Final away to Arsenal where a fine performance saw us win just our second away game of the season (from 10 away games so far) thanks to Rui Pedro coming off the bench after Brasnic was injured at kickoff. In the Semi-Final we drew Fierce Rivals Liverpool and another poor away performance saw us lose 1-0, and the Second Leg didn't start well as Liverpool extended their lead within 10 mins thanks to their World Class Winger (who it has to be said is paid more and cost more than my entire match squad), however Pedro pulled a goal back on the stroke of half-time and in the second half Captain Thornton bundled the ball home twice from corners (which were to be his only goals of the season) and setup our first League Cup Final against rivals Man Utd.

Going into the Final I wasn't confident we were completely out of form having lost five of the previous seven games and had just returned from being knocked out of Europe a few days earlier and had lost both league encounters to Utd with barely a shot on goal, so on a whim I tweaked my tactics the three centre-backs wasn't really working in the Prem and moved one of them into the DM position and that somehow worked as in a spring downpour we controlled the game and somehow managed to win 2-0 - German Striker Brasnic who was restored upfront due to a lack of options despite being horribly out of form opening the scoring after the restart after some good link up play with fit again Winger Costa and then in injury time my Mexican Wonderkid Ricardo Manzo finished them off after some good work by my Norwegian Right Back Hedenstad who was moved to the Right Wing thanks to injuries, which ensured we'd make a swift return to Europe next season.

[video=youtube_share;u3mk8wX30i0]

Premier League - An excellent debut campaign as we somehow manage to finish in fifth place and take a second Europa League spot, we were never in any danger of relegation though at the start of the season our away form was woeful, it wasn't until our 10th away game (six league games) that we won away and it was against Man City of all teams as we thrashed them 4-0 to somewhat make up for the Communuity Shield and followed that with a 2-0 Home win over Arsenal but had to wait five more away games until Feb for our second away win in the League at lowly QPR which was also my 400th game.

However after the League Cup Final when we had nothing left to play for apart from to mathematically secure our place in the league we finally picked up some form Home and Away - not sure if this was due to my tactical change, the lack of any mid-week games, return of several key players from longterm injuries, or my team finally gelling but we were to remain unbeaten in our next 10 games with eight wins and two draws which included six away wins (and ironicaly two home draws) including wins away to Arsenal and Chelsea and a home win over Man City to do the double over them and mathematically secure our place in the league next season, we were even winning with me fielding youth players and found ourselves going into the final day in third place, but a youthful side lost to Wigan and we fell to fifth which I was fine with as I didn't want to finish too high to reduce next seasons expectations and with European football secured via the Cups would have been happy to finish lower, though to finish level of points with City and Arsenal was impressive though it was more to everyone bar Utd being rubbish as this was the lowest points total ever to claim Champions League Football with.

Somehow we also ended the season with the third best away record but only the sixth best home record, mainly because everyone but Utd and Chelsea were woeful away from home.

I do feel slightly sorry for Burnley as for most of the season it looked like they might just claim a Champions spot, the same for Stoke who started strongly but eventually fell away as City and Arsenal slowly climbed the table, with City spending most of the season just above or below us.

Whilst Watford had an eventful end to the season they where looking safe for most of the season until getting dragged into the relegation fight near the end as the bottom six were fighting for all three relegation places right until the end with goal difference keeping them up, they then went and won the FA Cup over Bournemouth, whilst even more surprising was League One Chesterfield losing in the Semi-Final!

Interestingly we had the third best defence in the League what let us down was scoring goals yet again as we were ninth in goals scored, though we are well and truly outmatched financely as our salary costs are less than half of the next worst side Bournemouth and are even only around a tenth of what Wigan are paying (who are paying £100m a year!) though it looks like Wigan had a tycoon takeover five years ago but he has now pulled his backing and they have just failed the FFP rules as have Arsenal, Spurs and Man Utd? According to the rules they should all get point deductions next season unless they have broken the wage cap then it's just a fine, which they must have because if they failed the league FFP rules on expenses then they must have also failed the European one and would be kicked out of Europe next season.

Squad and Overview

Keeper Dean Henderson was again excellent in goal and was rewarded with a callup to the England squad and was third for the Golden Glove award.

At Right Back was Norwegian Vegar Eggen Hedenstad who was signed on a free from Dusseldorf but didn't really impress and lost his place to Serbian Denis Milikic who did ok but the position is still open for someone to claim, on the left were similar problems Serb Sinisa Minic was snapped up from Athens but had an awful start which resulted in him losing his place and then demanding a transfer but despite about half a dozen sides being interested in him none of them have been willing to make an offer so far and with a five year contract he isn't leaving on the cheap his performances did improve towards the end of the season so I might keep him around anyway, though the competition did at least fireup Frenchman Bapitste Cristofari who put in some good performances this season, but like at right back this position is still open for someone to claim.

In the Centre of Defence Solid Centre-Back Nicky Thornton stepped up with some fine performances and formed a solid partnership with Greek Centre-Back Spyros Risvanis who had an excelletn debut season though at 29 isn't likely to be a longterm option. Providing cover or playing on the right of the three depending on the formation was Swede Jakob Jakobsson who had a poor season and with his contract up next season might be moved on, I also had Croatian Fanjo Jokic who arrived in Jan but struggled to get match fit and also had a moan about not playing enough so we'll see how long he lasts, I also had Belgian Dries Wouters who did well when called upon and was used as a DM later in the season but is unhappy about being backup and will be joining West Ham for a club record £4m next season, whilst my other option was an Italian loanee Rocco Cecchini who proved to be a useful backup option I also have an academy prospect Welshman Rhys Taylor who seemed to impress my staff after not being rated initialy is now rated with four star potential and scored on his first two games in the cups and impressed as he was given a run at the end of the season and has likely done enough to be kept on.

In the Centre of Midfield I have several useful players but no real standout players and I'm not sure if any of them are good enough to push the club upwards with me rotating through whichever of them were in form at that time, the best of the bunch was Belgian Birger Verstraete who was employed in all three roles and did equally well in each of them but is likely to be sold or reduced to a backup role next season, next up was Serbian Velizar Petrovic who was snapped up on the cheap and was useful player, followed by another one of my Belgians Thibault De Jaeghere who showed glimspes of what he could do but hasn't really recovered from the long term injury he got last season I also have my highly rated Croatian kid Dean Krizmanic who was given a few games during the season and is developing nicely.

On the Right Wing Portuguese Winger Bruno Costa started the season in fine form until he tore his calf muscle that ruled him out for four months and spent the rest of the season just getting his match fitness back but it looks like that's him done for me, covering him was German Sebastian Barth who was snapped up for a bargain £1.4m after Dortmund decided they didn't want him and had a good season but could do with improving his shooting and free-kicks which were rather wasteful. On the Left Wing was my record signing Alex Beaglehole unfortantley his season was interrupted by a broken ankle that ruled him out for four months and like Costa spend the end of the season trying to get his match fitness back but he should still be young enough to recover, backing him up was highly rated Scot Colin Walker who was onloan from Dundee and he had a fine season though attempts to sign him full-time have failed after demanded silly money and a key role to sign for me :( Though I do have a highly rated young Englishman Anton Dowding who was signed from Mboro and did ok with a run in the side at the end of the season and with his goal against Burnley he became our and the leagues youngest ever goalscorer.

Upfront German Marc Brasnic lead the line and he started the season well but disappeared in the middle of the season resulting in him being dropped until Pedro got injured but all was forgiven when he cameback and scored in the League Cup Final though he is a rather frustrating player he either plays well and scores or has a shocker and resorts to woeful long range shoots, he is also somehow incredibly bad at one-on-ones when from his attributes you'd think he'd be deadly and if I get an offer for him I'm likely to take it, so with Brasnic out of form I abandoned my plan to move Rui Pedro to Midfield (of course after he'd been fully retrained for the position) as I needed him holding the ball up and sprayin passes about upfront though of course he also missed the second half of the season through injury which meant he didn't really get a chance to play with my Mexican Wonderkid Ricardo Manzo who arrived from Chivas (who seem to be churning out Wonderkids) for £7.5m and immediatley become our first Wonderkid :cool: though he made a slow start as I tried to work out whether to play him upfront or in midfield the choice was taken for me with Pedro's injury and it paid off as he excelled in the deeper role and I might leave him there next season with Pedro upfront.

Manzo also scored the second best goal of the season with an excellent goal from range against Watford.

[video=youtube_share;RKZWINF0JwA]

Fans Player - Centre-Back Thornton wins at a canter.

Best XI - Formation change and injuries mess this up, also not quite sure where they got 58 appearances for Walker from he hasn't even made that many appearances in his career so far.

Overall XI - Couple of changes Milikic somehow displaces Holmes at RB, Wouters comes in at DC, Costa displaces Riley at RM and Rui Pedro drops back to MC to allow Brasnic to go upfront. Leaving Rowley as the longest lasting player having made the team in the second season, with Henderson, Bennett, Tronstad and Clucas all being players from the third season.

Finances - Money Money Money, despite spending £23m on new players we still manage to end the season with a nice bank balance of nearly £40m.

Shirtsales - Despite only signing in Jan Mexican Wonderkid manages to sell the third most shirts, whilst De Jaeghere was a surprise inclusion in fifth place.

Facilities - We managed to get further improvements to our Junior Coaching and Youth Recruitment, though our training facilities are woeful as it's a real fight to get the board to improve them, at the start of the season they again claimed we didn't have the money, then when the prem money started pouring in they declared 1.5 star facilities were good enough for a Premier League side, I eventually got them to improve the training facilities at the end of the season and the cost £800K, yet they agreed straight away to spend £1.8m improving our youth training facilities, rather weird that my kids get the best training whilst my first team is left training in the local park.

Scouting - With the ability to scout the World I sent my scouts far and wide this season and have amassed 47% knowledge of the world woth me largely concentrating on Europe and America leaving Africa unexplored so far.

Profile - Productive year as I obtain both the Continental C and B Licences and see's a small increase in my attributes across the board though Working with Youngsters, Adaptability, Determination and Level of Discipline still haven't increased from the starting values

Homegrown Status

(15-21 excluding yth academy players)

Club Grown: 0

Nation Grown: 5

Club Due: 22

Nationalities

(excluding yth academy players)

9 ENG

4 BEL

3 FIN, POR, SRB

2 CRO, DEN, GER, ITA, IRL, NIR

1 CZE, FRA, GRE, LTU, MEX, NOR, SCO, SWE

State of the World

With us in the Premier League now is a good time to see what has been going on in the World.

Premier League - Won by Utd, Chelsea, City, Everton(!), Arsenal, Chelsea, Chelsea, City, Utd. Runner-ups have only been City, Utd and Chelsea each three times, Third place has gone to Liverpool three times and Spurs twice, the only time Arsenal have finished above fourth was when they won it. Apart from us Bournemouth are the only other side to make their debut in the Premier League the rest of the promoted sides so far have all played in the Premier League since it was formed in 92/93

FA Cup - Won by Liverpool, Utd, Spurs, Spurs, City, Spurs, Arsenal, Ourselves and Watford. Utd have lost the Final twice once to City and Arsenal other Finalists were West Brom, Swansea, Norwice, West Ham, Mboro, Southampton and Bournemouth.

League Cup - Won by Everton, Liverpool, Hull (!), Spurs, Utd, City, Wigan (!), Utd and ourselves. City have lost in the Final three times whilst Utd have lost twice, Arsenal, Hull, Liverpool and Everton have all lost one final.

Champions League - Won by Paris, Real, Utd, Real, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs (!), Chelsea and City. Both Real and Liverpool have lost two finals in a row, with Utd, City, Barcelona, Bayern and Chelsea all losing one final - each year an English side has made the final so far, but only two all English Finals so far.

Europa League - Won by Inter, Spurs, Athletic, Chelsea, Leverkusen, Barcelona, Utd, Atletico and Utd this season. Arsenal have lost in the last two finals, Everton have also lost two finals with Roma, Hull (!), Inter, City and Liverpool all losing one.

World Club Cup - Has been won by the Champions League Winner each year so far.

World Cup - 2018 was won by Germany over Holland with Belgium Third. 2022 was won by Holland over France with Spain third.

European Championship - 2016 Croatia beat England. 2020 France beat Russia.

European Nations League - 2019 Holland beat Italy. 2021 England beat Serbia. 2023 Belguim beat Germany.

Goals for next season

- Survive our second season in the Premier League, other than that see how the season goes, doubt we'll put up a title fight unless Utd and Chelsea are as bad as everyone else was this season, we've shown we can beat anyone on our day it's now just a case of producing those performances each week and our end of season form showed we can do it provided we play once a week and get no injuries, however I'll take another European place.

- Enjoy our second season in Europe, and thanks to our fifth place finish we again enter at the group stage and hopefully this time we'll actually win an away game.

- Signings wise it's Quality over quantity nex season - need a couple of new better midfielders, I have my eye on two quality looking 18 year olds which I can hopefully afford, could again do with some new full-backs picked up a couple of promising youngsters this season but don't think they will be ready yet, could also do with a backup Left Winger and Striker.

- One problem I do have is I have zero Club Grown players, which is a problem in Europe as none of my youngsters class as U21 so everyone needs registering because pretty much no-one has been at the club long enough, unfortnately there isn't any shortcut to this and I just have to wait and will priortize my signings to promising U18 players.

- I also wouldn't mind some more english players but I cannot attract the top players or Prem youngsters so I am left snatching any promising players I spot in the Football League, whilst established players who are interested want silly money to sign - a 27 year old Luke Shaw is transfer listed by Utd they accept an offer of £5m and he demands £140K p/w plus £10m (!!!) signing on fee, with demands like that it's no wonder Utd failed the salary part of FFP.

Leaderboard points (FM Mode) (My Steam Username is same as here if anyone wants to add me)

(points / position)

Single Game: 4,357,661 (35,005)

Single Season: 1,617,187 (48,746)

Single Season in England: 1,617,187 (27,192)

Single Season Premier League: 744,061 (78,929)

Career Overview

[TABLE=class: cms_table_cms_table_cms_table_cms_table_cms_table_ cms_table_ cms_table_cms_table_cms_table_MsoTableLi cms_table_cms_table_cms_table_cms_table_ghtShading m, align: center]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: #007ACC]Season[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007ACC]League[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007ACC]Position[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007ACC]Achievements (Domestic)[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007ACC]Achievements

(Europe)[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007ACC]Leaderboard Points

(Season / Game)

[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007ACC]Euro C/E

(Place)

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]15/16[/TD]

[TD]Conference North[/TD]

[TD]7th[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]13,793 / 13,793[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]16/17[/TD]

[TD]Conference North[/TD]

[TD]1st[/TD]

[TD]Winners - Promoted!!![/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]427,741 / 441,534[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]17/18[/TD]

[TD]Conference[/TD]

[TD]1st[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]617,814 / 1,059,348[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]18/19[/TD]

[TD]League Two[/TD]

[TD]4th[/TD]

[TD]Playoff Winners - Promoted!!![/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]61,136 / 1,120,484[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]19/20[/TD]

[TD]League One[/TD]

[TD]1st[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]758,596 / 1,879,080[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]20/21[/TD]

[TD]Championship[/TD]

[TD]17th[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]117,333 / 1,996,413[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]21/22[/TD]

[TD]Championship[/TD]

[TD]1st[/TD]

[TD]Winners - Promoted + FA Cup Winners!!!![/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]1,617,187 / 3,613,600[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]22/23[/TD]

[TD]Premier League[/TD]

[TD]5th[/TD]

[TD]League Cup Winners!!![/TD]

[TD]Europa League 1st Knockout Roud[/TD]

[TD]744,061 / 4,357,661[/TD]

[TD]0 (-)[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Mind sharing the file?

I would, but I have no idea how to upload it so if anyone could walk me through the process of uploading a football manager save I will gladly share the file (The file is just before I retired my holiday Man, but after the new clubs came through)

Just had my biggest result. FA Cup 4th round away at Anfield. Drew 2-2 with Liverpool after leading until the 87th minute. Made £800k in gate reciepts as well.

Very nice! I had one of my biggest draws last season (L2) with a 4th round matchup away at Chelsea. Lost 3-0, but got ~£1.1M in gate receipts+tele money!

ever had a player who got 6 fans player of the year awards by his 26th birthday? The first one was in the conference, the 6th in the premier league

Tom Collins, last year's Dafuge challenge....started as a 16yo I was forced to play due to injury in his first year. He won something like 8 straight FPOY....enroute to nearly 300 career goals before the crash got corrupted

Nothing close to that this year, though my Robin Watson is going to eclipse Collins in goals...he just hit 200 career goals in 2nd month of his 7th season after graduating my academy!

And we grab our third away win in the League with a 2-1 win over bottom side Palace - though we did need two pens and for them to be reduced to nine men to do it...

LoL -- that does make things a little easier! What was the ref match rating?? :D

If anyone is interested here is the piece that first caught my eye about the czech republic http://www.zonalmarking.net/2010/02/22/teams-of-the-decade-8-czech-republic-2004/

Also since I have far too much time on my hands I created a map of the dafuge challenge clubs here https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zCcz8KxeOUrg.k-qq-csapiUM . So if you want to choose a club like I did because no big teams are nearby you can see where they all are located, or it may just prove an interesting tidbit for those people who like me have no idea about low league football outside of football manager.

Nice map...several teams out there in an island of nothingness (including my King's Lynn...though there are some even more isolated!

Just upload your save from the 'games' folder to a hosting website, mediafire for example.

Mediafire is what I use...easy to use drag and drop interface...then you can just click the link menu option on the right and post the link here in forum.

Cheers for the help

http://www.mediafire.com/download/x4y2mk8yqqiqi8k/Dafuge_challenge_-_Hereford,_AFC_Hornchurch,_Kingstonian,_Matlock,_Stamford,_Truro.fm

This should be the file with Truro in.

You guys should also be able to do a lot better than me since so far I have done terribly, 2 wins, 1 draw in 16 games and one of those wins was a pre season freindly.

Margate - Vanarama Conference South - 2015/16

175px-MargateFC_zpsdb93ba83.png

Squad

Competitions

Table

Transfers

Finances

Board Confidence

Facilities

Affiliates

Stadium Upgrade

Key Player Profiles:

GK: Jonathon Miles

CB: Lionel Stone

CM: Oliver Muldoon

RM/RW: Tom Phipp

Striker: Oumare Tounkara

Striker: Kieran Sadlier

Loanees:

CB: Ricardo Santos

CM/AMC: Tom Conlon

The season got off to a flying start with an 8-2 win on the road at Whitehawk. For the first half of the season, my away form was vastly stronger than my home form and as mentioned earlier in this thread at the time it was 7-2-0 away and 3-1-7 at home. As you can see from the Table, we finally managed to sort out the home form, being undefeated at home since that point and taking it to 10-4-7, whilst we maintained a good away record, ending up with 16-3-2. This was good enough to finish a comfortable second behind Ebbsfleet who led from 8 games onwards and were never troubled in winning the division.

Having scored the most goals in the competition and securing 2nd place a number of weeks before the end, we went into the playoffs confident and in form. The first semi final leg was away to Welling and a dominant first half saw us go in with a 4-1 lead at the break. Welling, however, fought back and dominated the second half, levelling the tie at 4-4 as we went home to try and seal a spot in the final.

The return leg started horribly, conceding 2 goals in the opening 8 minutes. Not to be denied, Tounkara stepped up as we pushed further forward and we were back level by half time but having lost Muldoon to injury. Worse was to follow late in the second half with Timlin being booked for a second time, reducing us to ten men and meaning he missed the final. This was only Timlin's first start for the club having been signed as a free agent in Feb and breaking down with a double hernia in his first training session.

Just before the extra time break, Phipp, our best player performer this year, gave us the lead and we held onto it until the last play of the game, when Welling equalised from a corner to send the game to penalties. The shootout went goal for goal until 7-7 when Welling missed, giving us the chance to win but our RB Nelson hit the post and on we went. Finally, at 8-8, their keeper took his penalty, which was saved by Miles. Since we were down to ten men, it was then up to Miles to be the hero and cometh the hour, cometh the man, he put it straight into the top corner and we were through 9-8 on penalties.

The playoff final was to be a torrid affair with Margate matched up against fierce rivals Dover. Thanks to our higher position, we had the home ground advantage and a sellout crowd of 2,100 was on hand to see us once again give up an early goal, this time in the 7th minute. It stayed that way until half time when I launched a huge verbal spray at the team. Shortly after the break, we lost Tounkara to injury, bringing on Moore and switching from a 4-4-2 to our other regular formation, the 4-2-3-1. It paid dividends with Saidler scoring shortly after and then the old veteran, Lee Cook putting us ahead in the 65th minute. From there we held on as Dover attacked without result, the final score 2-1 enough to book us a spot in the Conference next season.

Career Overview

Season   Position   League         Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16  2nd      Vanarama South    Promotion, 4th Rd FA Trophy      

Next Season

With our current financial troubles, the first step will be cutting as much deadwood as possible from the squad. The next aim is to try and improve a few positions, such as GK and RB. Then I need to bring in players to cover the two loanees from this season as I can't presume to have them again next year. This will all have to be done mainly through uncontracted players given the limited budget and ideally players without an agent. Tactically I thought I improved during the season but would like to include a formation with a defensive midfielder, something which I don't have, either tactically or personnel wise.

michaeltmurrayuk what was the winner of the goal of the season?

This goal from a City player, similar to my guys goal but it didn't seem better to me:

[video=youtube_share;rRR5NFcr3qQ]

michaeltmurrayuk what's that swiss-like button you have next to 'continue'?

It's just a skinning tool placeholder.

LoL -- that does make things a little easier! What was the ref match rating?? :D

No idea, is there a way to view ref ratings after matches? Can only find the list of 10 last matches in a refs profile but I don't have a save game with that match still listed.

St Neots Town FC

2028/29

StNeotsTownFC_Logo.png

Premier League - 12th

FA Cup

League Cup

Overview

A less impressive season than last with a 12th place finish. I am not too disappointed however as this was largely due to an extravagant £83m spending spree which brought in the best young English players I could acquire. Teenagers Dane wakefield, Lee Davies, Graham Wakefield and Alistair Watson went straight into the first team. Non could be considered the finished article but I am hopeful throwing them straight in will aid their development. I am not expecting a massive improvement next season as the players are still developing but in a few years time I am hopeful of having a side to be reckoned with.

The Team

GK Dane Wakefield - Promising keeper cost £13m from Everton last summer.

WB Lee Davies - Right winger bought as one for the future from Southampton for £6.75. May make a decent wingback.

CB Peter Chappell - Signed from Arsenal for £12.25m to play fullback. Decided he would be better at centre-back due to lack of attacking intent.

CB Mick Hampson - Had a good second season at the club. A regular in the England side.

FB Graham Wakefield - 19 year old Fullback signed from Man U for £9m. Had a good season.

RM Will Piercy - The 25 year old England international right winger had another good season.

AP Alistair Watson - 18 year old playmaker suffered a bad injury midseason but is young enough to recover and develop.

DLP Malakai Reekie - Holding midfielder signed from Cardiff for £12m. May be sacrificed to allow Bradley Bramble a role in the team in a deep lying role.

W Liam Thomas - The club captain was reliable as always and played well for club and country.

AF Ben Jones - An exceptional season for the young striker scoring 31 league goals.

DLF Dylan Marsh - Won the battle with Bradley Bramble for the striking role. Hit 18 goals in the no. 10 role.

Year	League	Pos.	Champ.L	Uefa	FA.Cup	Cap.One	JPT	FAT 	Achievement
16/17	Van N	12th	None	None	2ndRnd	None	None	1stRnd	None
17/18	Van N	2nd	None	None	3rdQual	None	None	1stRnd	Playoff Final Losers
18/19	Van N	1st	None	None	3rdRnd	None	None	4thRnd	Promoted
19/20	Conf	1st	None	None	4thRnd	None	None	Semi F	Promoted
20/21	Lg 2	5th	None	None	6thRnd	1stRnd	2ndRnd	N/A	None
21/22	Lg 2	2nd	None	None	5thRnd	1stRnd	WINNER	N/A	Promoted
22/23	Lg 1	2nd	None	None	3rdRnd	1stRnd	WINNER	N/A	Promoted
23/24	Champ	4th	None	None	5thRnd	3rdRnd	N/A	N/A	Promoted Playoffs
24/25	Prem	19th	None	None	3rdRnd	2ndRnd	N/A	N/A	Relegated
25/26	Champ	6th	None	NOne	4thRnd	1stRnd	N/A	N/A	
26/27	Champ	1st	None	NOne	QtrFnl	6thRnd	N/A	N/A	Promoted Champions
27/28	Prem	7th	None	None	5thRnd	QtrFnl	None	None	None
28/29	Prem	12th	None	None	5thRnd	5thRnd	Final	None	None

Andrew Haines how much do you spend on wages? I see you have some players on over £50k p/w, that's a lot considering you're still relatively new to the Premier League. My highest earner is currently at 'just' £30k p/w.

I think I'm spending about 600k p/w, I just shut down though. I had the "advantage" of a season in the Premiership with a League 1 budget... I got relegated but ended up with a massive surplus in the bank. I was able to buy big the next season and that money has been recycled when I've bought new players. It was actually a lot of fun spending £60m in the championship. I went for English youth which is much more difficult to get away with in the Premiership as I proved this season despite spending £83m.

The big wages are a fairly new thing. Most of my first 11 have been on 20-30k p/w typically but I gave two of my star players big new contracts this season at over 50k.

Yeah...I do it every now and then. Go back to the match report, pick up the ref's name...then go to your search bar and type in the name. You'll find the ref and a listing of all the matches/ratings that he's had.

edit: Oh...though it might be limited, haven't tried to go back any length of time...so if it was in a prior year the rating might not be available.

Question for those who have gone through financial problems with their club. It seems like it used to be easy (in whatever year I last attempted this) to arrange friendlies and make money in preseason games. Now it seems like preseason games will net only a very small amount of money ( a few thousand at most). Assuming this is the case and no longer a way to fill up the coffers and given how no one in these leagues seems prepared to pay money for transfers, how do you go about staying afloat financially?

Question for those who have gone through financial problems with their club. It seems like it used to be easy (in whatever year I last attempted this) to arrange friendlies and make money in preseason games. Now it seems like preseason games will net only a very small amount of money ( a few thousand at most). Assuming this is the case and no longer a way to fill up the coffers and given how no one in these leagues seems prepared to pay money for transfers, how do you go about staying afloat financially?
Good cup runs are the only way to get good money in the lower leagues. If you can draw a Championship or a Premier League club in the FA Cup you'll get a pretty good income.

Been following this thread and had a couple of games that have all gone terribly.

Has anyone got any tips for playing with non league teams? I've never done it before and am struggling quite badly. Not sure what formation to stick with (tried 4-3-3, 4-4-2, 4-2-3-1, 4-5-1). Have seen some people say don't use instructions, is that team instructions or player instructions? How about scouting?

Playing with Blyth Spartans. 3rd from bottom and on a terrible run. I need tips!

I think the most important thing to do when you start this save is to look for available players. Whatever team you go with, the squad will most likely be above average so you need to sign a good number of players to get the team to win more than the odd match. Look for loans and free transfers. Get them on trial, too. And keep them on low wages and short contracts, because the jump in quality is so big at this stage that they go from good to bad in the space of 1 or 2 seasons.

Dulwich Hamlet - Season 2017/18 - Vanarama Conference

League Table - Poor season, 1 place and 3 points worse off then the season before

FA Cup - at least we won a game for a change

FA Trophy - only slightly better then the FA Cup

Transfers - lots out but they were pretty much all youth players after my wage budget was cut by £1000

Squad - too many mistakes this year, going to have a clear out this summer.

Finances - poor, could really do with a cup run or a new chairman (a tycoon would be nice - never had one before)

Key Players

Ehurn Oztumer - the Turk was our best player this season, looks like he's of this summer though as won't sign a new deal

Scott Kashket - top scorer but went on a couple of lengthy droughts

Ricky Shakes - was good again despite his age.

Danny Stenning - when he played he was key for us, however too many injuries, thinking of letting him go this summer

Charlie Walker - not his best season but a decent return

Career Overview

Season    League                     Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16   Vanarama Conference South  1st         Title winners
2016/17   Vanarama Conference        18th
2017/18   Vanarama Conference        19th

Archived