• Created
  • Last Reply

champions-league-logo1.jpg

Dunfermline Athletic vs. Manchester United

Champions League Final 2020, Old Trafford

2014-03-22_1851_zpse7572ee4.png2014-03-22_1851_001_zpsbd1dfb5c.png

2014-03-22_1849_zpsae3f8774.png

2014-03-22_1850_zps8a41c621.png

We did it :D. It was a cracking game which as you can see possession wise was very even but we had by far the better chances. It was our wingers that grabbed the goals and at 2-0 we were looking comfortable. A great lofted through ball and a turn of pace gave United a lifeline and put me on edge. But a very lucky goal, one that dribbled over the goal-line after the keeper missed it, put us 3-1 up and it was celebration time :cool:. To make things even better, the week before we beat Celtic 5-1 in the Cup Final, so we were able to achieve the treble. It's looking very likely that this will have been my final season here at Dunfermline, so what a way to finish it off.

Manager History

[size=3]Season	Club	        Achievements
2013/14	Lewes	        Isthmian Premier Play-Off Winners
2014/15	Lewes	        Conference South Champions
2015/16	Dunfermline	Scottish Championship Play-Off Winners
2016/17	Dunfermline	SPL Champions, Scottish Cup Winners
2017/19	Dunfermline	SPL Champions, Europa League Winners
2018/19	Dunfermline	SPL Champions, Euro. Super Cup Winners
2019/20	Dunfermline	SPL Champions, Scottish Cup & Champions League Winners[/size]

The Treble Winning Squad

2014-03-22_1941_zpsca123a62.png

Great move. Thats the best you could do. You achieved all you could at Dunfermline.

Good luck on the Merseyside then :)

Dont forget to update us on your former clubs!

P.S.: I see Kempf made the most appearances this season. A possible transfer for Liverpool maybe?

Great move. Thats the best you could do. You achieved all you could at Dunfermline.

Good luck on the Merseyside then :)

Dont forget to update us on your former clubs!

P.S.: I see Kempf made the most appearances this season. A possible transfer for Liverpool maybe?

Yeah very happy to move onto Liverpool after all I've achieved at Dunfermline. I will be raiding my old club for players and Kempf is one on the list :brock:

Great career, the success you've had has been remarkable and you've performed miracles with Dunfermline! Out of curiosity, how on earth do your wingers score so much?!?!

Thanks. Normally my wingers get 10-15 a season and strikers 20-25 but this season due to the quality of my wingers they were scoring even more! Think it helps that they're both fairly strong on their weaker foot.

Wow. What a thread and what progress! Congratulations, and best of luck at Liverpool - my favourite club.

Cheers Sabine, hopefully I can bring the glory days back to Liverpool.

Grad_LFC_Crest_twitter.jpg

Liverpool FC: At First Glance

The Premier League

2014-03-24_0643_001_zps7a89734d.png

2014-03-24_0643_zpsee87d1b2.png

2014-03-24_0644_zpsf079600f.png

As it stands Liverpool are still chasing their elusive first Premier League title - something I want to change and soon! In terms of success the club have two trophies added to their collection, the FA Cup in 2015 and League Cup in 2017. Manchester City have been the most successful side over the past 7 seasons with 3 titles. The rest of the title winners make up the big 4 - Arsenal, Man Utd and Chelsea. In the first 4 seasons Liverpool were right up there challenging for the title, but have slumped in the last 3 seasons and need a new direction.

The Squad

2014-03-24_0650_zps41292807.png

Key Players

Diego Reyes - At 27 years old, Reyes is the youngest of our key players. Naturally a DM, I will be using him as a centre back.

Lucas Leiva - Still going strong in the heart of Liverpool's midfield, Lucas is approaching the end of his career. I still expect solid performances from him playing in a less mobile DM role.

Jordan Henderson - Has really fulfilled his potential and is key for both club and country. Versatility is one of his main strengths and within my tactic he could play MR, DM or ML.

Antoine Griezmann - I'm sure he will be a creative force down the left for us much like Gauld was at Dunfermline.

Luis Suarez - Last but not least is Liverpool Legend Luis Suarez. He may not possess the pace he once had, but he still oozes quality.

The general quality of the team is decent but there is one problem. The better players are all in their late 20s, some in their mid 30s, and there is little in the way of replacements. There is only one top quality youngster who is Italian-Ghanaian wonderkid Mohammed Gyan. Its now my job to rejuvenate the squad and I am looking to raid Dunfermline - David King, Casey Forster-Caskey, Ben Griffiths are my primary targets as they are English while I am also interested in Lacazette, McLeod and Kempf.

2014-03-24_0733_zpsebe4732f.png

2014-03-24_0729_zpsea499656.png

The visions in place sets an exciting future for the club. Ignoring the budgets (new ones will kick in when we head closer to the new season) my aim is effectively to bring in young, talented Englishmen for the most part while driving the academy back to the standard it once was. One thing I may have problems with is the way I am expected to play. I have been thoroughly successful using my 4-4-2-DM approach (Attacking & Very Fluid) and I don't really want to alter from it but it's certainly not been a possession based tactic. I'm going to stick with it for now and see what the board think of it.

150px-Dunfermline_Athletic_FC_logo.svg.png

Dunfermline Appoint Moyes As Page Replacement

David Moyes' time at Man Utd was short-lived after being sacked in February 2014. He spent a couple of years away from football before becoming Cardiff manager in 2016, won the Championship but then got relegated from the Premier League the season after. He spent two more seasons in the Championship finishing 7th and 9th but recently won the FA Cup with them just weeks before joining Dunfermline. Good luck Moyesy with my old team, don't ruin it!

Yeah, lots of average players on big wages so I'm going to completely overhaul the squad. I reckon we could be in for a season of transition before really pushing for a title challenge.

Liverpool-FC-icon.png

Liverpool F.C. - Out With The Old, In With The New

2014-03-24_1323_zpse1e7ae1d.png

This has easily been my busiest transfer period ever on FM but it needed to be done. Lots of big sales most of whom were big earners or certainly earning more than they should. £150m+ worth of sales helps put the club back on the front foot financially and even with new signings I am £500k under my wage budget.

2014-03-24_1322_001_zps6c5eaf37.png

Casey Forster-Caskey - The first of four players raided from my old club. Casey is a class player and I know exactly what I'm getting with him.

Stanley Lacazette - Sensational for me at Dunfermline in his one and only season there. Looking forward to helping him become a World Class player.

David King - The man touted as the new Michael Owen joins the club that raised Owen. He's a proven goalscorer at the highest level, the Champions League, so he's going to be pushing Suarez for a place.

Ben Griffiths - A dependable player and brings much needed height to our forward line. The last of the Dunfermline raid.

Luke Shaw - My marquee signing. I wanted English talent and Shaw has that in abundance. Bringing him in meant I needed to sell Digne and he was also followed by 29m wonderkid Van den Berg who wanted £150k a week new contract.

Chris Smalling - Smalling's arrival meant I could sell off some of the centre backs that I didn't rate for the money they were worth. Another Englishman, Smalling was in and out of the Spurs team in 5 seasons there.

De - Brazilian born keeper who was at Desportivo Brasil before joining Man Utd. Released there, he joined Bournemouth. He's got the potential to succeed Reina and soon!

John Whiteside - Our last signing is a youngster who will start as back up to Shaw, but has all the potential to become a first teamer.

2014-03-24_1322_zps31f6f1a6.png

We had a dream start with two away wins without conceding but reality kicked in with a 3-0 loss to City. This team needs time to gel and to get used to my way of playing. We finished our opening month with a 6-1 win in the cup where I played a second string side.

Are you the type to post screenshots on request? I would love to have a look at Jerome Sinclair, as it appears you still have him.

edit: That's some bloody busy transfer window you have had. David King and Forster-Caskey look amazing.

Are you the type to post screenshots on request? I would love to have a look at Jerome Sinclair, as it appears you still have him.

edit: That's some bloody busy transfer window you have had. David King and Forster-Caskey look amazing.

Here's Jerome Sinclair. He's a bit disappointing because I've seen him turn into a world star before, but it's not surprising considering he's not been given a chance. Just a handful of appearances over the years and 3 seasons out on loan in the Championship. King and Forster-Caskey were key players in my Dunfermline side, I hope they can establish themselves at Anfield also :)

well done on your career so far

what a great read...i have a similar one going but havent written it up

gives me the idea to start again n record it this time

looking forward to your liverpool report

Liverpool-FC-icon.png

Liverpool F.C. September-November 2020 Update

2014-03-24_1937_zps54c5824a.png

2014-03-24_1937_001_zpse4f1b39f.png

Well this was not the start I was expecting! A great run of form with just a couple of slip up versus lesser teams. We finished November off with a difficult run but came out with 9 points against Arsenal, Chelsea and Man Utd :D. We're currently top by 4 points and we're looking very good. I would normally wait until the transfers come in, but I couldn't wait to show you two players I'm getting in January:

2014-03-24_1850_zps5f56511c.png

Wonderkid number 1 is Halil who is signing for £7.5m from the Austrian Premier League where he is tearing it apart. Was for some reason released by Bursaspor last season and luckily for me was not under the radar of Europes elite :) Well done scout!!

2014-03-24_1919_zps53df5052.png

Forde has the potential to become better than Sol Campbell, Tony Adams, John Terry...he could probably be muttered in the same breath as Bobby Moore. At 18 he's just breaking into the Arsenal side and I was surprised I could prise him away for £13.5m.

well done on your career so far

what a great read...i have a similar one going but havent written it up

gives me the idea to start again n record it this time

looking forward to your liverpool report

Cheers, going well so far!

Liverpool-FC-icon.png

Liverpool F.C. December-Janauary 2020/21 Update

2014-03-24_2226_zps4d434e61.png

2014-03-24_2226_001_zpsd05cee06.png

Our form had continued to flourish until we hit a 3 match losing streak. The first being a loss to Man City who have now got the double over us while Arsenal knocked us out of both cups. It could be a blessing in disguise as all we have to focus on now is the League which is still looking pretty tight. In transfers news, Mohammed Gyan leaves us to join PSG for £40m. With two wonderkids coming in I couldn't refuse such a big offer. Oh and I almost forgot, Stanley Lacazette got an amazing hat-trick of awards - World Golden Ball, World Player of the Year and European Golden Boy.

2 cracking signings there, and if the rest of the season carries on like the beginning then it looks like your overhauling of the squad might pay off!

Yeah they've both come in and performed well already. Surprised it's gone so well considering the amount of gelling that's needed to occur.

Liverpool-FC-icon.png

Liverpool F.C. February-March 2021 Update

2014-03-25_0036_zps4bdfc6db.png

2014-03-25_0037_zps47e27390.png

A brilliant couple of months for us, just a pity we couldn't top it off with a win at Old Trafford. We've got 7 games remaining and we're currently 5th points clear.

Liverpool-FC-icon.png

Liverpool F.C. - Premier League Champions At Last!

2014-03-25_1038_zps8aa0ed30.png

2014-03-25_1036_zps0a73cbf6.png

At long last the Premier League ends up at Anfield, a feat not achieved in Premier League History. The last time Liverpool won the top flight was 1990, some 31 years ago. We finished the league off in style, battering Arsenal, Swansea and Villa on the way to smashing Chelsea's points record. With a young, talented squad I expect to push on now to more titles as well competing for the Champions League. The cups would be a nice bonus.

2014-03-25_1035_zps8464f6be.png

The title winning squad was complimented very well by the Dunfermline quartet. David King was top goal scorer, Lacazette was a creative force and Player of the Year while Forster-Caskey and Griffiths were very solid all round. For some bizarre reason Klopp of Man Utd was named manager of the year, but I've got plenty of personal accolades :p. A big mention goes out to Forde and Halil who were outstanding from day one despite their age.

We have one more signing coming in who will give Chambers competition for his place - Cadinho. At 5m he is a bargain and can play in 4 different positions within my tactic. I also had a good youth intake where 2 players could become stars. Under Moyes Dunfermline won the domestic treble (SPL, Scottish Cup, League Cup) and reached the quarter final of the Champions League beating Bayern before being knocked out by winners Man City. I forgot to mention that last season Lewes were relegated and this season finished 2nd in th Conference South only to lose in the play-offs.

:eek: Hats off. Damn You are a great manager indeed. :applause:

Dunfermline still good under Moyes (not surprising, for you laid the groundwork) :thup:

Whats next?

P.S.: How is Kempf doing? Did he get capped by Germany after all?

Cheers, though on paper my squad should be doing well :) Kempf is going strong unlike a lot of my core players he is still at Dunfermline and is one of their best performers. Unfortunately he can't be capped for Germany because of the fake players licensing issue, so its only greyed out players and regens there. Forgot to mention that Moyes also won the Club World Championship.

What a way to go out at Dunfermline! I knew you'd have no trouble at Liverpool.

Cheers, having another rejuvenating session, incredible the ability of some of the 18-21 year olds on here to snap up!

Consecutive titles in different countries. Well done.

Thanks, I guess I better start planning my next steps of my career - what do I want to achieve?

Loved reading this thread, very well written and illustrated! This section of the forums is my new favourite place for sure :D

What I find very very interesting is that you have managed to implement the same formation/tactic to every team you've managed and had success with it. Other people on these forums have had trouble getting formations to work but it seems to me that you have one that works at every level! Are you playing on the 14.3 database/match engine?

Keep up the good work, i'll be watching this thread with interest

Had the worst luck, the game keeps on crashing on the same date :( I even went back to previous back up saves and it still crashed whenever I got to the date. Looks like I'm going to have to start a new career....typical when things are going so well! Will be doing it with just the original DB just in case that had anything to do with it.

Not sure what kind of career I would like to do, some kind of resurrection job most likely - and not in Britain. Spain seems tough so I might have a go there. Looking for a real challenge guys.

Loved reading this thread, very well written and illustrated! This section of the forums is my new favourite place for sure :D

What I find very very interesting is that you have managed to implement the same formation/tactic to every team you've managed and had success with it. Other people on these forums have had trouble getting formations to work but it seems to me that you have one that works at every level! Are you playing on the 14.3 database/match engine?

Keep up the good work, i'll be watching this thread with interest

Yes its based on the Sacchi 4-4-2 tactic that I created on FM13 but tweaked to suit wing play and a Target Man. Always does the job for me! 14.3 too...just a shame about this game :(

Ahhh I remembering reading the Sacchi thread last year and enjoyed it, never tried the formation myself but was a well thought out thread!

Do you use many player instructions or do you just allow the players to dictate their roles depending on position?

Ahhh I remembering reading the Sacchi thread last year and enjoyed it, never tried the formation myself but was a well thought out thread!

Do you use many player instructions or do you just allow the players to dictate their roles depending on position?

I'd say on average there are 3/4 player instructions per position - not overdone it. In terms of how it plays (style) its far from Sacchi now but still has the same defensive priniciples.

Right in terms of a new career, I'm going to be doing this challenge. Going to do it in Spain as its a tough place to managed IMO. Will get a thread started soon :)

Oh and Kontermann cheers for the message, I've now sorted this.

Going to be interesting to see how the challenge goes, I was looking at tackling this at some point or dafuges one and trying to get my local team (Bognor)

On another note, I've sent you a message Sean - it doesn't show it sent though so I hope you received it!

Going to be interesting to see how the challenge goes, I was looking at tackling this at some point or dafuges one and trying to get my local team (Bognor)

On another note, I've sent you a message Sean - it doesn't show it sent though so I hope you received it!

Responded to your message :)

I expect to be doing a first update for my new career soon - obviously I will be starting a new thread though :(

Any chance you could upload your tactic?

My most recent one (I've done a fair amount of tweaking as time's gone on can be downloaded here.

Win a match while eating a cheese sandwich and not looking at the screen.

Apparently the FM gods didn't want me to continue this career :rolleyes: but the challenge you have set me I feel I achieved at some point :p

Lewes_F.C._logo.png

Play-Off Semi-Final vs Hendon

2014-03-10_1233_zps93e23bd2.png

Despite being 10 men down for the last 30, we've managed to scrape through to the final via a late penalty goal. They may have had the double over us in the League and beat us in the cup but the Play-offs were our territory!!

Play-Off Final vs Lowestoft

2014-03-10_1235_zps3dfca425.png

In front of a crowd of nearly 3,000 we saw off the title favourites Lowestoft. Despite having many ex-pros infiltrating their side, they showed little potency in front of goal and we were comfortable in a 2-0 win. Play-off champs, Conference South here we come :D

Brink-goal-celebrations-Margate-300x233.jpg

Dam you beating my home town side! Team looks weaker than real life though. Some right gems at Lowestoft. Lots of ex NCFC players. Good read either way chap. Not jumped ahead to spoil the story yet.

Mattias - good to hear you've enjoyed the read. Yeah Lowestoft are pretty decent IRL, they'll be in the conference leagues in no time.

Ahmed - I will try this.

Which of those matches were you eating your cheese sandwich?

The Arsenal game where I was 4-0 up at half time. Had a cheese toastie in the 2nd half, cooked it in the first ;)

I've managed to get this working again, luckily just after the last game as well. I've got my Europa game I started so I will dovetail between the two.

Archived