FM14: Liverpool F.C Thread - This Year is our Year!

cezar.sl

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just at the start of Jan in season 1

Sitting 2nd in the league behind united by 4 points and I've 1 game less played, gap to 3rd is 6 points so doing better than expected

Out of the LC to Chelsea who hammered me 4-0 but I got revenge beating them in the league

Have a regen DM joining me now so need to sell joe Allen and going to try and get balanta in if I can sell skrtel

Season 2, Summer + August Update

Matches

Friendlies weren't much and we lost in the Community Shield.

But 3 wins out of 3 in the league is a great start.

iLPiIOZ.png

League Table

Nothing interesting.

kd3hpsT.png

League Transfers

Big moves by our rivals, but I have faith in my squad.

zh3Vcgn.png

Team Transfers

No big investments, and some back-up / tutors for free.

Fees look lower than what I paid, because of clauses.

Ins

g9uaFCm.png

Outs

PoWfKwT.png

Players In

Carl Czuczman

One for the future. Cheap.

OkBSgh2.png

Park Ji-Sung

Only for tutoring. Will not play.

iFdBa49.png

Sebastian Rode

Back-up DM. Might turn into a good player.

21ujZxo.png

Antonio Candreva

Good player, good tutor. Offers something different.

WPnZ5x3.png

Didier Drogba

Wages are high, but I suspect he'll be important.

TxsSTlA.png

Aleksandar Mitrovic

I'm training him to lead the line once Suarez leaves.

Got tutored by his idol, Drogba, instant determination rise and PPMs.

X5brfry.png

Gino Peruzzi

Johnson is getting old. Not only younger, but already better.

UqXLZdU.png

Alex Sandro

A HUGE upgrade at left back. Already has 3 assists.

Cs2lRS5.png

Start of second season. MC came in with £40m ( £33m upfront) for Suarez, should I sell? :rolleyes:

Think you need Suarez for the first season, as pointed out to me by Staf9. UNLESS you can get another player of that quality in the squad, otherwise we have no one. Sturridge is bit of a hit and miss sometimes, still taking so many long shots.

After 27 games I am top by 6 points from united. Won 6 games in a row beating united and arsenal in that run. United have lost 3 in a row now

17 point gap to 5th place so should bring CL football back to the club in the first season and hopefully keep this form going and bring the title

Being out of all cups is helping me as I can play a strong 11 every game and injuries aren't killing me

Just started a save with my beloved Liverpool! Gone for a 5-3-2 formation with a AM, i turned transfers off first window as i think its only fair. My pre season results so far; Kiryat Shmona 3-1, M.Netanya 3-0, H.Haifa 2-1, Orlando Pirates 3-0. Still got 2 left. I have taken Ciprian Marica on trial, he was last at Schalke, he's a Romanian striker but i am unlikely to offer him a deal.

As things stand my starting team will look like; Mignolet, Johnson, Toure, Skrtel, Agger, Enrique, Lucas, Gerrard, Coutinho, Suarez, Sturridge.

Will update come January, Cheers.

Finished my first season last night, surprisingly winning the title at the last gameweek when Chelsea drew to Southampton. Plenty of ups and downs throughout the season as I was constantly changing my tactics from different forms of 352 to different forms of 451 and back to 352.

MHmTkyV.png?1

dibKwQ6.png?1

As I had transfer disabled I only signed Anthony Réveillère and had Honda coming in in January.

bDqV96J.png?1

Suarez was included in the Premier League Team of The Year and also the winner FWA Footballer of The Year while Mignolet came in second for golden gloves, losing out to Lloris.

rlBhy2i.png?1

ZHCBCP3.png?1

4K7d2VX.png?1

Currently slowing down for a moment and reviewing every parts of the team, just did a major overhaul of backroom staff and currently considering which tactic to use to have a rough idea of who I need and who I don't.

The only signings I made so far is ter Stegen ( because every formation needs a GK) and Timo Werner who is joining for free.

Still undecided whether to sell Suarez. :(

Loading up for a bit. Won my first game but then drew my second against Fulham (funnily enough, we're thrashing them irl). Then beat Preston in the league cup and now got Norwich for the 3rd game of the season. Sturridge got all 3 goals against Preston.

Sitting 3rd atm but Norwich are 4th. Got em home.

Sigh. 1-1.

19 shots, 10 on target, 8 off, 1 clear cut chance & 12 corners. Ridiculous.

My RBs are doing quite poorly. Scigilio had a bad game first half, bought on Reveillere, and he equally had a bad game. Need to work on that. Maybe Kolo can provide some reliability in this area.

How are people getting the best of Suarez? I have him playing up front either as a false 9 or a Treq and he just does not get involved whatsoever. I had both wingers (amr/l) as IF (a) to provide support and he can drop off and play them in or score himself. Got my midfield set up as a 3 AP(A), DLP (s) and cm(D)

How are people getting the best of Suarez? I have him playing up front either as a false 9 or a Treq and he just does not get involved whatsoever. I had both wingers (amr/l) as IF (a) to provide support and he can drop off and play them in or score himself. Got my midfield set up as a 3 AP(A), DLP (s) and cm(D)

Cannot get him scoring at all

He now wants a new deal at 175k a week so I may have to sell him

Cannot get him scoring at all

He now wants a new deal at 175k a week so I may have to sell him

I've got him playing as a false nine with better results upto now.

I have no idea how to set up away to bigger teams without impacting on my play going forward so I went to City and stuck with my normal tactics and got stuffed 4-0, 2 goals from corners and a penalty

Anyone tried a save where you just play your youngsters such as ine, sterling, wisdom etc instead of the senior players. I remember doing it on fm 13 and not doing to bad

I play my (competent) youngsters in every save. Rossiter, Sterling and Chirivella are playing somewhat regularly (Sterling is playing more games than anybody else at AMR, although my best side has Moses there and Sturridge at AML, but Sturridge is injured).

Chirivella has scored three goals this season and Rossiter is averaging about 7 for match rating. Ibe would get games too, but he's on loan (last I looked he was doing well too, three goals in his last five matches).

EDIT: The rest of our decent youngsters are all out on loan too.

Desperate for a Right Back, start of the second season and have turned down a £10.5 million bid from Arsenal for Kelly as he is my back up to Johnson and now he's injured for 3 months. I'd prefer a young up and coming player but I'll happily settle for a veteran at the moment.

Haven't got this yet but will probably be purchasing it in the next few days. Just wondering what kind of funds it is possible to amass in the first transfer window? Obviously the starting budget isn't huge but I imagine the likes of Skrtel, Enrique, Johnson and Lucas could all be sold for a fair amount. I'm thinking of trying to play out a scenario in which I work based on the FSG philosophy but to the extreme, with a team of players all under the age of 24 (obviously with a few exceptions as I doubt it would be remotely possible to get a team of high quality players in that age bracket right away).

Possibly something like this. I have no idea if any of these players are good in this game or have the potential to become top quality, but it's just an 11 that I could think of from the top of my head that might be attainable by the second season.

Leno

Papadopoulus I.Martinez Sakho

Danilo Gonalons Herrera Alex Sandro

Coutinho

Benteke Muriel

Also wondering if they've improved Suso this year? Always been a bit gutted by the fact that he never seems to turn out that good on previous FMs.

Haven't got this yet but will probably be purchasing it in the next few days. Just wondering what kind of funds it is possible to amass in the first transfer window? Obviously the starting budget isn't huge but I imagine the likes of Skrtel, Enrique, Johnson and Lucas could all be sold for a fair amount. I'm thinking of trying to play out a scenario in which I work based on the FSG philosophy but to the extreme, with a team of players all under the age of 24 (obviously with a few exceptions as I doubt it would be remotely possible to get a team of high quality players in that age bracket right away).

Possibly something like this. I have no idea if any of these players are good in this game or have the potential to become top quality, but it's just an 11 that I could think of from the top of my head that might be attainable by the second season.

Leno

Papadopoulus I.Martinez Sakho

Danilo Gonalons Herrera Alex Sandro

Coutinho

Benteke Muriel

Also wondering if they've improved Suso this year? Always been a bit gutted by the fact that he never seems to turn out that good on previous FMs.

Herrera can be gotten for £13.5m in the first preseason. Alex Sandro for about £12 to £15m ish I think. Not sure about the rest but Benteke is valued near £19m at the start of the game.

You can sell Johnson for £25m, straight cash straightaway to Arsenal. Skrtel is a bit hit and miss, Sevilla came for him for £10m at the start. People have been selling Lucas for about £40m, but I like to keep him.

Not sure on Suso, while he's rated highly by the staff, he starts off on loan, but people have used the editor to add a recall option for him, something you could look at.

Sigh. Just got thrashed 4-1 at home against Spurs. 4 games in and 5 points. To make it worse, I've now lost Coutinho for 5-6 months with a broken leg from that match. Great. There goes my season and probably this save. Maybe it can be salvaged with Suarez coming back after one game....but next game is against UTD.

Oh and Jones is my GK since Mignolet is out for a month.

Drew 1-1 with them but at a high cost. Gerrard and Lacazette both out for 2-3 months.

Job security is now insecure as I'm 11th.

Pretty cool that you can talk to managers that you've loaned players to about the player not getting enough football! This was a much needed feature imo, glad they put it in.

thua.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

This is what I managed to generate on a test save, a lot of it is in installments and Suarez's sale can be added for about 50m at least but I had trouble with deas falling through. Perhaps you could raise even more but that's what I found worked on that save.

Also that transfer budget is a little lower than it should be as I forgot to negotiate for the raised percentage of transfer income that you can get after day one.

Seeing so many people winning/challenging for league I must admit I jealous, what tactics are you all playing? I have been fired once but since it's a network game we play the one chance rule, where if you get fired its your choice if you just want to add a new manager, which I'm not proud of but I did. I then picked up some form only to lose it all. My last 5 games of teh season I lost 4, and the board called me in for another crisis talk. If I don't pick up 10 points from the first 5 games I'm sacked for the second time :(. Need some inspiration

Archived