FM14: Liverpool F.C Thread - This Year is our Year!

cezar.sl

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Europa league its my fault i told werner i wanted less the 11 pts in 5 games then got my marching orders

Unlucky there mate. But atleast you've got a tactic to work with now! Good luck for the new save.

What highlight mode are you guys playing with? As in, match coverage wise. I think I'm using comprehensive. Though it might take longer to finish a match, it shows me more on how my team is doing, e.g. are they following my orders?/are the orders working? etc so I think that this actually helps me in some way.

Yeah comprehensive seems like its the best mix, allows me to actually see what needs changing and gets through the game at a decent rate, occasionally I'll watch the full match if I'm trying out a new tactic or its a really big game.

Update: We won the last three games and finished second! I thought it was going to be much tighter at the end but I hadn't realised all the other top 4 teams still had to play each other so I won my easy games and they took points off each other, although United won the league comfortably so I think we're still a fair way from title challenging

qhx8.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

Also Stoke were one of the teams relegated, Begovic and Shawcross both put in transfer requests immediatly. What do you guys think, are they worth a punt? I'm esepcially interested in Begovic as a replacement no.1. He'd be less than £5M and I could probably get 10-15 for Mignolet right now. Is a little profit worth upsetting a settled team? They seem like they're both of a pretty similar level tbh but I've not had much luck unsettling any of my other keeper targets yet.

Oh and any idea what this is about?

q2il.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

Also Stoke were one of the teams relegated, Begovic and Shawcross both put in transfer requests immediatly. What do you guys think, are they worth a punt? I'm esepcially interested in Begovic as a replacement no.1. He'd be less than £5M and I could probably get 10-15 for Mignolet right now. Is a little profit worth upsetting a settled team? They seem like they're both of a pretty similar level tbh but I've not had much luck unsettling any of my other keeper targets yet.

Oh and any idea what this is about?

q2il.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

By the looks of it, there has been a jump in youth set ups and yours haven't improved, ask the board to improve them, will improve your youth intake along with junior coaching.

Started my career on the beta game, but upon loading it I find that a whole lot of our youth were vastly under rated.. So didnt see much point in continuing that save other than to partially test my tactic/s out. I have 3 tactics 4-3-2-1, 4-2-3-1 and 4-1-4-1 (which on screen looks more like 4-1-2-2-1 with the two wingers being defensive wingers - Hendo retrained/Enrique retrained)

Upon purchase of the game I downloaded the editor, but never changed a thing as was still trying to get tactic or 2 right... Only been able to start playing again this weekend as had the weekend off. So I set about doing a few changes in the editor to some players (yth had an upgrade likes of wilson, rossiter, sinclair, ibe, canos, chirivella and a few had a cpl of boosts to their PA) and also upped Suarez a touch so he is rated as best player at club, followed by Gerrard, Agger, Sakho, Henderson (small boost to i think 170pa - he has become almost indispensible irl) didnt touch no atts or anything just PA boosts.

So I start my new save.. Preseason goes well, Like others here I had bids for Agger, Lucas - but even after some negotiating No clubs put in a bid suitable to make me want to sell. Not that I wanted to lose either as it was likely to be a long season.

Ins:

Alberto Cerri 825k

Andre Hoffman loan I thought would push Lucas a bit, but has been a little slow to get going. Still a young lad though.

Richairo Zivkovic 575k

Daniele Rugani 950k

Keisuke Honda £1.3m

Franco Zuculini - Free

January Ins:

Ezequiel Rescaldani - 400k! Kid is a bargain for that price, Hits a goal on his debut and so far has 5 in 7!

Bruma on loan wanted some extra pace as moses aint cut it so far!

Eduardo Vargas - £1m plus about 200k in future fees - 3 games 2 goals and is a menace on the RW.. Value is now £10.25m :D

Jonathan Silva LB - £4m deal sent bk on loan for rest of season

League has been extremely patchy, Some nice wins here and there including a 0-2 win away at Man City! but then followed by some awful results such as losing 0-2 at home to west ham, 2-0 away at southampton amongst the poor results..

Currently P24 W10 D8 L6

Really frustrating the amount of goals either conceded from setplays or innocuous looking penalty decisions going against me!

League cup has been a walk through to the final, although I did despatch Man City 0-1 away.. And just dispatched Man City out of FA Cup 2-0 at home :)

So what happened to FM? Did so much change from 13 to 14? I simply cannot win or control games no matter what I do. Got fired after 2-2-6 after 10 games (totally deserved by the way) crashed out of League Cup to Charlton and I can't give team talks, no matter what I say it's red and more red... Further more, is it just me or are some of the Liverpool players really poor? Mignolet is a joke really. Henderson really underrated as well mentally. And Sturridge? Among the best players real life in PL but not even in top 10 strikers in PL FM14.

Another note:

Have another network game going with 2 friends. We are Stoke, Southampton and Newcastle. We are 18. 19. and 20 after 7 games. No wins. And again - teamtalks sucks big time. Players reacts badly almost all the time. Pre-half-end.

6 wins in a row drives the reds up the table.. One of those wins was a 3-1 defeat of Chelsea who were unbeaten in 12 games. Systematically dismantled by a fine 2 goal performance by Lucas who due to inj to gerrard had to be deployed in the AP position! I may just continue with him in this role and see how he does! :)

Unlucky there mate. But atleast you've got a tactic to work with now! Good luck for the new save.

What highlight mode are you guys playing with? As in, match coverage wise. I think I'm using comprehensive. Though it might take longer to finish a match, it shows me more on how my team is doing, e.g. are they following my orders?/are the orders working? etc so I think that this actually helps me in some way.

Thanks learned from my mistakes next time ill listen to Werner i only use Key highlights or ill be playing the game forever lol

Man City away... Predicted to lose. Up steps Suarez and Honda, Honda sets Suarez up for the opener, Suarez sets up Honda for No.2.. Khedira sent off on 74 mins and Sterling sprints away from yaya toure on a breakaway to put the gloss on the 0-3 win..

Then this pops up in news feed :D

108b8mp.png

Well, purchased the game late as I had been put off by some of the feedback I had seen on the forums (LONGGG TIME LURKER, hi).

Loaded up the game after putting all my graphics onto the game, straight to Liverpool, stunned to see how underrated Migolet is but right now he playing out of his skin apart from one mistake that cost us a win at Anfield against a very attacking Manchester united team.

Anyway, sitting top of the league after 23 games with a ten point gap and currently undefeated, Southampton currently 3rd with a massive gap back to Utd which is surprising despite how good the team is on 14 this year.

If anyone could please tell me how to print screen fm14 I would gladly show some screenies but when I print screen it keeps print screening what is running behind fm14 never come across this problem before.

PS: this probs not the place, but I feel the need to apologise to the mods of the tactics forum (probs wont be seen) as I posted a silly post about a online game about keepers allowing silly goals and constantly having 5.9 rating games.

If anyone could please tell me how to print screen fm14 I would gladly show some screenies but when I print screen it keeps print screening what is running behind fm14 never come across this problem before.

PS: this probs not the place, but I feel the need to apologise to the mods of the tactics forum (probs wont be seen) as I posted a silly post about a online game about keepers allowing silly goals and constantly having 5.9 rating games.

Windows snipping tool is ok for screenshots.. just drag around what you want to capture, save the pic, upload somewhere and then post it :)

Windows snipping tool is ok for screenshots.. just drag around what you want to capture, save the pic, upload somewhere and then post it :)

Thanks for your suggestion Kopfan, didn't work though as I use full screen mode, but I found out alt + f9 captures screen shots and puts in the DOCS/SI/FM14/SCREENSHOTS

Anyway, just a couple of shots

League stats

BarclaysPremierLeague24games.png

Tactics

Liverpool24games.png

Jordan Rossiter and Pedro Chirivella have been developing well, disappointed with Sinclair but he is out on loan for now.

I use Gyazo for screenshots on everything... including fm.. you can capture whatever you like with it and it instantly uploads to the net for linking here... try it.

Don't you need to have an account with them? When I tried to use it, it wouldn't give me the embed code unless I paid.

my liverpool game is knackered! in my 3rd season. if my players are not getting sent off, they are giving away a penalty. some games im having both happen to me. i have been fined 25k a few times for getting 5 or is 6 players booked in the 1 game.

i've no idea if my tackling is set to hard as i cant find it.

but i've told players to ease off tackles. stand off players. and i still give away penalties and yellow card and red cards. i'm this season's top worst disciplinary and set the highest record of all time.

i really don't know how to fix this.

Man City away... Predicted to lose. Up steps Suarez and Honda, Honda sets Suarez up for the opener, Suarez sets up Honda for No.2.. Khedira sent off on 74 mins and Sterling sprints away from yaya toure on a breakaway to put the gloss on the 0-3 win..

Then this pops up in news feed :D

108b8mp.png

Pellegrini got sacked in my save too (Rafa is there now). Man City seem to be unable to do well for some reason. They are so much easier to beat than Man U (Moyes got sacked around the same time as Pellegrini, AVB is there now) or Chelsea (who are 3rd and 2nd behind me in season 2).

Holy crap! The worst team in the league last season in my save was Cardiff with 65 yellows and 7 reds. I think we've only had one red card in my whole save (1.5 seasons and even then it was a second yellow in a game where the ref went a little card crazy) and have averaged about one yellow card per game.

Holy crap! The worst team in the league last season in my save was Cardiff with 65 yellows and 7 reds. I think we've only had one red card in my whole save (1.5 seasons and even then it was a second yellow in a game where the ref went a little card crazy) and have averaged about one yellow card per game.

i was nowhere near as bad in previous seasons. but if i could i would show you my injury and suspended list for about 4 months of that season. it was horrendous. at one point i could only field 2 subs and that was including my under 21 squad!

i was nowhere near as bad in previous seasons. but if i could i would show you my injury and suspended list for about 4 months of that season. it was horrendous. at one point i could only field 2 subs and that was including my under 21 squad!

LOL! That's pretty bad. But now that you bring it up...I have noticed in my previous save that the media kept saying things like "other managers say your team is too physical etc" and I was getting yellows all the time (I told players to tackle hard almost every game which is why) but it is a good feature (about the game noticing and media asking).

I'm about a game away from being sacked. Lost 3-1 to Crystal Palace & now I have one last chance against Arsenal lol...

ANDDDD I beat them 1-0. Gone back to stable now lol.

But I actually do feel like starting again and changing my whole set up - players that I sign and how I would play. But not sure if I should see this save through or not...

Ok a bit of transfer advice, I'm about to start pre-season of season two: I've unsettled Corchia to the extent that he's now got a £3.9m asking price. Is this guy worth grabbing as competition to De Sciglio and Kelly (I've got reviellere but he's not getting games)

9rso.jpg

Also I offered out Sturridge for £20m and Monaco bit, it's all up front. Decent deal or should I keep him?

I just finished my first season with the reds and this is my story so far

Third in the league (very lucky considering i conceded ALOT of goals also i don't think im ready for champions league football

Table_zps6118e311.jpg

Formation used for most of season

Formation1_zps681acda3.jpg

These were my transfers and i still have two maybe three very good youth players to come at the start of the next transfer window

Transfersdealings_zpsa8a9d209.jpg

Just curious as to what everyone thinks is the best formation to use without completing transforming the team right off the bat. Started a save this past weekend, used the 'Simple' 4-2-3-1 with one winger, one inside forward on the left. A few things I noticed: Some of the Liverpool players seem vastly under-rated, which I have seen other posts about. Countinho was horrible for me, and after scoring 4 goals in the first 3 games, Sturridge didn't score for 8 matches. Suarez didn't score in 7 matches, and Sakho was my second leading scorer, grabbing goals off of corners. The 4-2-3-1 formation worked at first, but most of my early games were against poor teams. After the first 5 games of drawing 2 and winning 3, I couldn't win if I tried. Any suggestions?

Just curious as to what everyone thinks is the best formation to use without completing transforming the team right off the bat. Started a save this past weekend, used the 'Simple' 4-2-3-1 with one winger, one inside forward on the left. A few things I noticed: Some of the Liverpool players seem vastly under-rated, which I have seen other posts about. Countinho was horrible for me, and after scoring 4 goals in the first 3 games, Sturridge didn't score for 8 matches. Suarez didn't score in 7 matches, and Sakho was my second leading scorer, grabbing goals off of corners. The 4-2-3-1 formation worked at first, but most of my early games were against poor teams. After the first 5 games of drawing 2 and winning 3, I couldn't win if I tried. Any suggestions?

It may depend on what role you're playing them on? But yeah, Suarez has been poor for me too, but Coutinho has pretty much been my best player, with 5 goals and 6 assists in 14 PL games. The problem with Sturridge for me is the "shoots from distance" PPM. I may just get rid of that tbh, if it is at all possible. But I've sold him on every save I have lol. Just because of the high wages, but may need to keep him around and try to get a partnership with him and Suarez.

Think I am gonna start again. Not liking how the team is playing and think I need to start from scratch and buy certain players. I definitely need better cover for Lucas. Gonna get one of the Bender brothers.

EDIT: Yep just made the change in the editor about that PPM. Now I can just focus on him learning to place shots!

@redsforever24 I think 4231 can work but getting the balance right is tricky if you're not changing the squad much, DM cover is essential and really a new striker/winger/inside forward depending on where you're putting Suarez. Definetly underated but I found although I had to pretty much carry Coutinho for the first 5-10 games getting very little in return after that he clicked and played great whether as an AMC-Adv Playmaker or as an Inside forward on the left.

oycu.jpg

Also if you get a settled CF then you can mess around with Suarez, play him wider or as a shadow striker, Didier Drogba did the job well for me and was (fairly) cheap. Do a better job at negotiation with his agent than I did though!

yc36.png

As for Sturridge I played him primarily as a winger, occasionally an IF. He was injured for 3 months on mine but still kept a value of £16m. I've now sold him for £20m in the off-season but I appreciated his ability to cover my front 3.

Edit: Suarez finished the season with 26(2)apps 8 Goals 8 Assists 6.92 Av Rating - I played him as a striker probably less than half of those games but still not outstanding stats, with a £28m value he still seems like the obvious cash-raiser for me now but I'm undecided. At the start of the first season you can get about 50m for him so it's upto you. In cold hard facts he's probably worth selling and reinvesting that cash. In terms of playing a game as Liverpool you might want to keep him, its upto you really.

Check what your ass man is giving out for opposition instructions or if you've set them yourself, they will overide team and player instructions.

what a difference! i took my ass man off of opposition instructions. i now set everyone of the opposition players to normal tackling. in my last 5 games, i've only had 10 yellow cards and 0 red cards. I won 4 games, including f.a. cup semi final, and drew the other with tottenham. i really needed those wins, has turned my season around again.

It may depend on what role you're playing them on? But yeah, Suarez has been poor for me too, but Coutinho has pretty much been my best player, with 5 goals and 6 assists in 14 PL games. The problem with Sturridge for me is the "shoots from distance" PPM. I may just get rid of that tbh, if it is at all possible. But I've sold him on every save I have lol. Just because of the high wages, but may need to keep him around and try to get a partnership with him and Suarez.

Think I am gonna start again. Not liking how the team is playing and think I need to start from scratch and buy certain players. I definitely need better cover for Lucas. Gonna get one of the Bender brothers.

EDIT: Yep just made the change in the editor about that PPM. Now I can just focus on him learning to place shots!

Ok thanks for the tips. Making such an edit seems logical, Sturridge does shoot from distance in real life, but I feel like his shots are much more accurate in real life as well. I remember a tactic I had way back in FM 2012 that utilized the 4-2-3-1 but with 3 AMCs behind the striker, maybe I should give that a go again.

what a difference! i took my ass man off of opposition instructions. i now set everyone of the opposition players to normal tackling. in my last 5 games, i've only had 10 yellow cards and 0 red cards. I won 4 games, including f.a. cup semi final, and drew the other with tottenham. i really needed those wins, has turned my season around again.

Haha you're welcome, gotta watch those assistants! They can really ruin all your best laid plans if you give them free reign.

@redsforever24 I think 4231 can work but getting the balance right is tricky if you're not changing the squad much, DM cover is essential and really a new striker/winger/inside forward depending on where you're putting Suarez. Definetly underated but I found although I had to pretty much carry Coutinho for the first 5-10 games getting very little in return after that he clicked and played great whether as an AMC-Adv Playmaker or as an Inside forward on the left.

oycu.jpg

Also if you get a settled CF then you can mess around with Suarez, play him wider or as a shadow striker, Didier Drogba did the job well for me and was (fairly) cheap. Do a better job at negotiation with his agent than I did though!

yc36.png

As for Sturridge I played him primarily as a winger, occasionally an IF. He was injured for 3 months on mine but still kept a value of £16m. I've now sold him for £20m in the off-season but I appreciated his ability to cover my front 3.

Edit: Suarez finished the season with 26(2)apps 8 Goals 8 Assists 6.92 Av Rating - I played him as a striker probably less than half of those games but still not outstanding stats, with a £28m value he still seems like the obvious cash-raiser for me now but I'm undecided. At the start of the first season you can get about 50m for him so it's upto you. In cold hard facts he's probably worth selling and reinvesting that cash. In terms of playing a game as Liverpool you might want to keep him, its upto you really.

Ok thanks, much appreciated. Yeah I'm torn between keeping Suarez and upping his stats, because I think they are very underrated, or selling him for the cash. Anyone tried using 3 AMCs behind one main striker?

I've upped the PA's of a few of our youngsters.. Such as Ilori, Alberto, Canos. They're all way underrated.

Oo, nice, let us know how they get on now. Just those three or more?

I started my new save. Getting Sven Bender for £14m! Was a steal I thought, so I had to go get him. Also got deals agreed for Shaw & Ward Prowse with Allen and Hendo part of the deals (not sure which player for which lol - can't remember). Sold Agger for £25m, Johnson for £27m, Reina & Skrtel for £10m and hopefully Suarez aswell.

How much did Shaw cost you? I can't get them to even consider £25m and he's in the press saying that he'd love to play for me all the time.

Still quite steep of a price imo but its:

£20m upfront

£5m over 48 months

+ Joe Allen. Who I HOPE TO GOD agrees terms!!!

WOOOO I got Shaw lol & Ward Prowse. But so much money taken out from the transfer budget :(

oycu.jpg

You have done very well to Coutinho playing so well. Took a while to get him to play well for myself but he is very hit and miss, but seem to play much better after we had already secured the title. I am not sure if its his lack of physical stats that hinders him but he will get another season before I make my mind up on him and Suso due back from loan will have a rotation player in back up.

Henderson a fine surprise and will hopefully continue to improve as the next season starts, got a few targets in mind for the summer to bulk up the midfield for champions league. will need back up for strikers and IF's if anyone has any recommendations give us a shout

On to the FA cup final against the blue half of Merseyside despite bad league performance and manager changes have made it to Wembley!

Just started a Liverpool Career game and really looking forward to getting stuck in. Got rid of most of the staff and brought in my own. I'll be playing a 4-1-2-3 formation. So far I have bought Doria for £7million and Lucas Romero £7.5million (Check him out, will be a big star!). Brought in Reveillere as a back up for my wing backs, retrained Toure as a DM to cover Lucas, brought in Litmanen, Mokoena & Mpenza as Tutors as I would like to make the club sustainable in bringing youths through in to the first team. Got the usual suspects with high determination tutoring, Gerrard to Sterling etc. Won all my pre season friendlies and just beat Southampton 5-0 first game of the season with Coutinho scoring a hat trick. Will keep you updated :)

Just started a Liverpool Career game and really looking forward to getting stuck in. Got rid of most of the staff and brought in my own. I'll be playing a 4-1-2-3 formation. So far I have bought Doria for £7million and Lucas Romero £7.5million (Check him out, will be a big star!). Brought in Reveillere as a back up for my wing backs, retrained Toure as a DM to cover Lucas, brought in Litmanen, Mokoena & Mpenza as Tutors as I would like to make the club sustainable in bringing youths through in to the first team. Got the usual suspects with high determination tutoring, Gerrard to Sterling etc. Won all my pre season friendlies and just beat Southampton 5-0 first game of the season with Coutinho scoring a hat trick. Will keep you updated :)

Welcome mate. Nice start to your save. Some have been saying that they can't get Coutinho to play haha! And he isn't performing in my new save in the friendlies either. Nobody really is.

In the youth team, check out: Rosseiter, Chirivella, Ibe, Canos and some others.

He's playing really well for me in AML as an IF. Yeah I currently have all of those being tutored, hopefully get their determination up and hopefully pick up some decent PPMs

Ah, he's playing there for me too, hopefully starts playing better soon. Nice :)

About to play the first game of the season against Crystal Palace.

Ah, he's playing there for me too, hopefully starts playing better soon. Nice :)

About to play the first game of the season against Crystal Palace.

I felt he was playing slightly better for me as AM adv playmaker but he played well as an IF also. He really seems like a player who has runs of form to me, it can be easy to forget he's in the game for the first half sometimes and then he'll pop up with an assist and a goal and win you the game, maybe that's the gamble you take with diminutive Brazillian playmakers in the premiership..

How are you finding Shaw btw, I just got Soton to accept £24.5m + Alberto and he's taking £44k wages, do you think thats worth it or should I look elsewhere? It would only leave me with £10m to spend, maybe a little more if I can get shot of Borini and Coates but I'm finding that difficult. I'd ideally like to replace Drogba in my team this year with CL football. I had an £18m offer accapted for Benteke but he leaked it, PSG Man City, Bayern and Dortmund came in and he wanted 90k + massive signing on fee so I told him to stuff it. Any ideas?

I felt he was playing slightly better for me as AM adv playmaker but he played well as an IF also. He really seems like a player who has runs of form to me, it can be easy to forget he's in the game for the first half sometimes and then he'll pop up with an assist and a goal and win you the game, maybe that's the gamble you take with diminutive Brazillian playmakers in the premiership..

How are you finding Shaw btw, I just got Soton to accept £24.5m + Alberto and he's taking £44k wages, do you think thats worth it or should I look elsewhere? It would only leave me with £10m to spend, maybe a little more if I can get shot of Borini and Coates but I'm finding that difficult. I'd ideally like to replace Drogba in my team this year with CL football. I had an £18m offer accapted for Benteke but he leaked it, PSG Man City, Bayern and Dortmund came in and he wanted 90k + massive signing on fee so I told him to stuff it. Any ideas?

Well he's been okay in the friendlies, but the team is still jelling and I'm just about to start the PL games. He is still only 18 and is one for the long term. He's on £30 to £40k for me. Depends really if you need other places to strengthen or not. I've got Enrique tutoring him so hopefully that ends up going well.

I didn't realize that it was the players that leaked the offers etc :|. Interesting. Should have realized lol. Yeah that's way too much IMO....90k lol. Are you looking for a target man? Heard Mitrovic (name/spelling) is meant to be good?

Archived