FM14: Arsenal Thread - "Remember who you are, what you are and who you represent!"

llama3

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know that but Gooner1104 said that he wasn't interested which in that article sounds about right. He didn't enjoy it in London which means he's probably not interested in real life. Many people don't want to join different clubs, it's not necessarily because they don't like the club itself.

I know that but Gooner1104 said that he wasn't interested which in that article sounds about right. He didn't enjoy it in London which means he's probably not interested in real life. Many people don't want to join different clubs, it's not necessarily because they don't like the club itself.

in that case he should refuse due to not liking the city not the club & anyway just because he didn't enjoy his time last time doesn't mean he'd be unwilling to discuss terms

ccdb852b-351e-4493-85cf-20d6f5d3c3b6_zps6df2e75c.jpg

December Report

03/12/17 | Barclays Premier League | White Hart Lane

Arsenal 4 ( Hector 30 , Biekman 33 & 34 & 68)

Tottenham 3 ( Ayew 25 , Sigursson 35 & 86)

http://i1324.photobucket.com/albums/u612/ArsenalC17/Arsenal1_zpsd06e50b8.jpg

06/12/17 | UEFA Champions League (Grp G) | Estadio De Luz

Arsenal 0

Benfica 2 ( Hyuri 12 , Perez 86)

http://i1324.photobucket.com/albums/u612/ArsenalC17/Arsenal1_zps410ed649.jpg

13/12/17 | Club World Championship ( Semi-Final) | Jawaharlal Nehru

Arsenal 4 ( Akpom 5 , Giroud 10 , Dede 31 , Vela 38)

Al-Hilal(KSA) 2 ( Ghoochannejhad 52 & 60)

http://i1324.photobucket.com/albums/u612/ArsenalC17/Arsenal1_zps318fa63d.jpg

16/12/17 | Club World Championship (Final) | Jawaharlal Nehru

Arsenal 4 ( Dede 8 , Vela 18 , Giroud 34 , Akpom 86)

Corinthians 2 ( Nilson 39 , Gomez 64)

http://i1324.photobucket.com/albums/u612/ArsenalC17/Arsenal1_zps04db1559.jpg

19/12/17 | Capital One Cup ( Qtr-Final) | Emirates

Arsenal 6 ( Hyndman 44 , Giroud 45+2 , Alonso 53 , Wilshere 64 , Stones 89 , Hennessey O/G 90 )

Everton 2 ( Clement 59 , Berahino 79)

http://i1324.photobucket.com/albums/u612/ArsenalC17/Arsenal1_zps6b6bd6a5.jpg

23/12/17 | Barclays Premier League | Emirates

Arsenal 5 ( Biekman 25 , Sarabia 31 , Biekman 51 , Sarabia 59 , Biekman PEN 73

Stoke 1 ( Chunxuan 36)

http://i1324.photobucket.com/albums/u612/ArsenalC17/Arsenal1_zps0ed88531.jpg

26/12/17 | Barclays Premier League | Olympic Stadium

Arsenal 1 ( Sarabia 75)

West Ham 0

http://i1324.photobucket.com/albums/u612/ArsenalC17/Arsenal1_zpsb82be76a.jpg

30/12/17 | Barclays Premier League | Emirates

Arsenal 3 ( Mertesacker 3 , Hector 23 , Biekman 76)

Nottm Forest 1 ( Ring 67)

http://i1324.photobucket.com/albums/u612/ArsenalC17/arsenal2_zps00479d9f.jpg

in that case he should refuse due to not liking the city not the club & anyway just because he didn't enjoy his time last time doesn't mean he'd be unwilling to discuss terms

If he wanted to come back he wouldn't of admitted that in an interview. When asked he would of said, "I never rule anything out" Which is what most footballers say these days.

If he wanted to come back he wouldn't of admitted that in an interview. When asked he would of said, "I never rule anything out" Which is what most footballers say these days.
I disagree I didn't like Harry Potter the first time I read it I came back to it a few years later and enjoyed it

Just thought I'd share how Gnabry has developed for me - due to injuries in the first season he has played an awful lot for me.

Attributes:

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f179/Sean3h/231670_screenshots_2014-06-06_00001_zpsa03e09d5.jpg

Stats over 2 and a half seasons:

103(16) apps

59 goals

41 assists

Awards:

EPL Team of the Week x17

Young Player of the Month x5

Player of the Month x2

3rd in Young Player of the Year x1

Champions League Golden Boot x1

Champions League Dream Team x1

Club World Cup Best Player x1

Golden Boy x1

Footballer of the Year x1

EPL Team of the Season x1

I think this is the happiest I've been (in any FM game) about developing a player. Serge is someone I rate really highly IRL so I'm glad that I'm able to develop him like this. I have so far had him tutored by Rosicky & Wilshere.

Just thought I'd share how Gnabry has developed for me - due to injuries in the first season he has played an awful lot for me.

Attributes:

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f179/Sean3h/231670_screenshots_2014-06-06_00001_zpsa03e09d5.jpg

103(16) apps

59 goals

41 assists

Awards:

EPL Team of the Week x17

Player of the Month x2

Golden Boy x1

I think this is the happiest I've been (in any FM game) about developing a player. Serge is someone I rate really highly IRL so I'm glad that I'm able to develop him like this. I have so far had him tutored by Rosicky & Wilshere.

thats great what position role and duty does he play for you?

Attributes:

103(16) apps

59 goals

41 assists

Awards:

EPL Team of the Week x17

Player of the Month x2

Golden Boy x1

Well done! Impressive stuff. What skin is that?

Hey guys,

I've decided to join you in posting updates. My updates will be primarily focused on the tactics as this is the element of the game I find most interesting.

Summary

Overall the 2013/2014 season was a success. As in real life we ended the baron, trophy-less run by bringing home the FA Cup. Later adding the Europa Cup to the trophy cabinet as well.

We challenged strongly for the title finishing 2nd to Manchester City, just two points behind. We had the strongest defence in the league by some way and went unbeaten until well into January.

Key areas for improvement:

1. Squad depth
  2. Breaking down weaker sides

Premier League

Season1LeagueTable.png

Season1Fix1.png

Season1Fix2.png

FA Cup

Season1facup.png

Europe

Season1Europe.png

Injuries

You'll see from the results, it was very much a season influenced by runs of form with long unbeaten runs, long winning streaks and long periods without scoring tarnished by disappointing results in Europe and lots of goal-less draws. Much of this I attribute to injuries. We were lucky that the first choice XI was fit pretty much all season. Unfortunately players like Diaby, Rosicky, Giroud, Flamini, Vermaelen and Gibbs spent long periods on the sidelines meaning we could not compete on all fronts. Particularly in November which cost us in Europe. The knock on effect was a very tired first team.

Transfers

Out

Podolski - Monaco, 12.25m

Monreal - Newcastle, 6.25m

Fabianski - West Brom, 2.3m

Bendtner - Roma, 1.3m

I moved quickly in clearing out, what I consider to be, deadwood. I didn't plan to sell Podolski but I had an enquiry from Monaco which I was able to negotiate into a structured deal worth 12.25m. I like Podolski but it frees up considerable wages and space for young players on the flank to get game time.

In

Danielle De Rossi, 11.25m + clauses

Rafael Varane, 19.75m

Ayew 12.25m

Lorik Cana, 2m

Zivkovic, 750k

Pugliese, 650k

Danielle De Rossi was my biggest decision. He became unsettled at Roma and I had to beat off some serious competition from Chelsea and PSG. The clauses make it potentially a pretty expensive deal for a 30 year old but I felt he ticked multiple boxes. Arsenal have needed a strong presence in midfield for years. He has the positional discipline to allow Wilshere and Ramsey to play to their strengths. He also has a high enough reputation that he can tutor Ramsey and improve his determination.

Varane is always a great buy. He generally becomes available towards the end of the summer. I always snap him up.

Ayew has been converted to a left wingback.

Tactical Set up

433v1.png

Simple Dutch 4-3-3 / Diamond shape. IMO the most logical way to fit Ozil, Cazorla, Wilshere and Ramsey into a shape that makes sense.

Defensive Shape

The defence had a great year. Best defensive record in the league with Szczesny equalling Cech's record for number of clean sheets.

My defensive strategy is an aggressive press with a zonal set up at corners.

Hassle Opponents and Very Fluid means we press aggressively, as a team, leaving little space. Wilshere and Ramsey excel in this system.

We use a simple back 4 with a double pivot in front, then a very fluid attack.

Transition

Initially I had De Rossi as DMC - Defensive Midfield/Defend and Wilshere as a box-to-box midfielder but I noticed two things.

1. Transitional play was breaking down due to the distance between De Rossi and Wilshere/Ramsey.
  2. Wilshere was competing with Cazorla, Ozil and Ramsey for space in attack

Swapping Wilshere and De Rossi and setting Jack as a Regista gives a few benefits:

1. Wilshere gets the ball earlier, allowing for quicker transition
  2. Creates a double pivot which is solid in defence.
  3. Wilshere has more space
  4. Ramsey, Cazorla and Ozil have more space in attack.

Attack

The most striking feature of my attack is Ozil playing as a False 9. Looking at his attributes I believe he is perfect for this role so I retrained him.

The premise of my attack is Ozil creates space for Walcott, Ramsey and Cazorla to exploit, all running forward from deep.

Walcott as inside forward is my primary attacking weapon. He did well but didn't score enough. He did make team of the season and an average rating of 7.28 though.

The Cazorla role is interesting. I have tried to recreate the Pires role of the Invincible team. He sits as an AML set to Inside Forward (Support). He sits narrower, gets further forward, roams and dribbles more. The result was 11 goals, 10 assists and 6 MOTM awards in the League alone. He also plays an important role for the team. The interplay with Ozil is excellent. He attacks the space left by Ozil from the left and he creates space for Ayew to charge into.

Finally Ramsey. Arsenal's real life player of the season. Described by Wenger as "an offensive minded Roy Keane", my goal is for him to be exactly that. Set as an Midfield Attack he leads the press and attacks space left by Ozil from deep. With a double pivot behind him he can be quite aggressive in attack. This position is more about training the player than tactical instructions. there were two key points to Ramsey's development this season.

1. Successful tutoring from Danielle De Rossi, taking Determination to 19
  2. Heavy Off The Ball training, taking this attribute to 20.

The result... Average rating of 7.24, higher than any other midfielder in the league and making team of the year, 10 goals and 9 assists.

Next Season

I have already lined up 3 transfers for the new season.

1. Carvajal
  2. Umtiti
  3. Gabriel Barbosa

Carvajal is one of my favourite players. Scouted him by chance and found him to be available for 11m so snapped him up. Real Madrid are pretty much my feeder club now! :D

Umtiti means Vermaelen or Koscielny will probably go.

Gabriel Barbosa brings an interesting question about whether I can combine Wilshere, Ramsey, Cazorla and Ozil with an out and out striker. Any suggestions welcome!

bf097613-79f4-453c-843f-72bbde684679_zps6e4bc9d1.jpg

February Report

03/02/16 | Barclays Premier League| Emirates

Arsenal 3 ( Morata 76 , Fierro 77 , Dizeo 82)

Leicester 0

http://i1324.photobucket.com/albums/u612/ArsenalC17/Arsenal1_zps779f1791.jpg

06/02/16 | Barclays Premier League | Emirates

Arsenal 5 ( Miyaichi 3 , Campbell 12 & 25 & PEN 57 & PEN 85)

Leeds 1 ( Simpsons 65)

http://i1324.photobucket.com/albums/u612/ArsenalC17/Arsenal1_zps83be72c1.jpg

09/02/16 | Barclays Premier League | St James' Park

Arsenal 1 ( Maitland-Niles 35)

Newcastle 0

http://i1324.photobucket.com/albums/u612/ArsenalC17/Arsenal1_zpsddebd7b3.jpg

13/02/16 | F.A Cup (Rd 5) | Carrow Rd

Arsenal 4 ( Otamendi 45 , Viergever 52 , Ramsey 54 & 78)

Norwich 0

http://i1324.photobucket.com/albums/u612/ArsenalC17/Arsenal1_zps24dcc812.jpg

20/02/16 | Barclays Premier League | Emirates

Arsenal 7 ( Sanogo 9 , Jenkinson 13 , Sanogo 20 & PEN 29 & 55 , Otamendi 77 & 84)

Cardiff 2 ( Vellios 39 & 52)

http://i1324.photobucket.com/albums/u612/ArsenalC17/Arsenal1_zps0505347b.jpg

23/02/16 | UEFA Champions League ( 1st K/O Rd Leg 1) | Signal Iduna Park

Arsenal 2 ( Fierro 59 , Campbell 78)

Dortmund 0

http://i1324.photobucket.com/albums/u612/ArsenalC17/Arsenal1_zps71aebc0e.jpg

29/02/16 | Barclays Premier League | Wjite Hart Lane

Arsenal 1 ( Campbell 2)

Spurs 1 ( Paulingo 45)

http://i1324.photobucket.com/albums/u612/ArsenalC17/Arsenal1_zpsa8e46281.jpg

Hey guys,.....

..... Any suggestions welcome!

Great post there mate.

Your tactic is very interesting, I too often train Ozil to play Striker as well. Currently have done that playing a 4-1-2-1-2 so it gives me a really creative option if I want that in the strike duo.

Also a big fan of how you have setup the midfield.

What positions is Barbosa comfortable in? You could quite easily just use the IFa spot as your main striker and rotate him there with Theo.

Summary

Brilliant season. Very enjoyable. Won the Premiership & FA Cup double, in the end reasonably comfortably. We reached the Champions League Semis, knocked out by eventual winners Real Madrid.

Season1league.png

Season2FACup.png

Transfers

Before I go into tactics I just want to talk for a moment about personnel. Again, I was active in the transfer window:

Season2Transfers.png

The only addition to my initial First Team was Dani Carvajal. He was an impulse buy. Got a random scout report saying he was available so struck. Sagna headed to the exit. Decent money for a 30 year old.

Both the Koscielny and Giroud deals fell into my lap. I got big offers, negotiated a bit and decided I could replace both so went for it. Brought in Umtiti and Martial as those replacements.

Umtiti did a great job as 3rd choice DC. 4* potential and young. I am hoping I can time his improvement with Per Mertesaker getting older and have a ready made replacement.

Gabriel Barbosa joined in a pre-arranged deal from Santos. Looks great but didn't quite fit into my plans. Loaned him straight to Juventus and this happened. :D

Season2Gabigol.png

I'll talk more about Martial in a moment...

Tactics

I started the season using exactly the same system as I had employed successfully in the previous season. Carvajal for Sagna the only change to my first choice team.

Season2start.png

After the first 7 games we had the following record. P7, W3, D2, L2. More concerning was that two of those wins were scrappy 1-0s and we also lost the Super Cup and in the Champions League. There was talk of underachieving so I decided to have a re-think..

I see a lot of people talk about 2nd season syndrome and I think that is what happened here. My good result in Season 1 increased my reputation so made teams more likely to defend against me. The False 9 was not enough to break them down...

Meanwhile a certain Anthony Martial was averaging more than a goal per game in the cups / easier european games.

Here is what I did:

Season2tactic.png

This came about in 5 phases:

1. Expanding Wilshere's role to cover both his, and De Rossi's responsibilities.
  2. Withdrawing my Front 3 from AML/FC/AMR to ML/AMC/MR.
  3. Sticking an on-form, Complete Forward in front of them
  4. Switching Walcott for Ox and instructing him to stay wide, as the presence of Martial meant there was far less space available.
  5. Put Ramsey in a less attacking role to compensate

And we all lived happily ever after... :cool:

Season2recovery.png

The positives

Anthony Martial

Martial was an absolute revelation. In the league he managed 26 goals in 17(8) games, along with 7 Assists and an 7.80 average rating. Winning Golden Boot in the process.

Season2Martial.png

He managed an astonishing 44 goals in all competitions, with 17 assists beating Thierry Henry's record and even drawing comparisons with the big man himself.

Mesut Ozil

Whilst Anthony Martial was drawing comparisons to Thierry Henry, his partner in crime Mesut Ozil was drawing some of his own with a truely Bergkamp-esq season at 10.

Season2OzilPOTY.png

Width / Space

Attacking mentality means that we are naturally going to play a wide game. Andre Ayew as a Complete Wing Back on the left and Oxlade-Chamberlain as a winger on the right really gives the impression we are tearing the opposition defence limb-from-limb in attack.

The combination of Anthony Martial in attack and my creative midfield quad of Ozil, Cazorla, Ramsey and Wilshere makes it very difficult for the opposition defence. They sit back and risk giving space to our talented midfield, or they push up and are hit by Anthony Martial or Oxlade-Chamberlain's pace in behind. Lethal.

Oxlade-Chamberlain had a particularly good year..

Season2Ox.png

Defence

The defence remained strong. We conceded 24, which is 7 more than last season but still the best record in the league and Szczesny matched his own record of 21 clean sheets for the Golden Glove.

Season2GG.png

Areas of Improvement..

Santi Cazorla

Season2Santi.png

Again, going for the Pires role. Overall he had a brilliant season with 14 league goals and 7 assists, averaging 7.20. Unfortunately he really struggled after the switch to the new system.

I debate moving him back to AML but I do not want to compromise defensive stability.

Jack Wilshere and Aaron Ramsey

OK so this one is more subjective than factual.

Last season I loved the midfield set up, particularly Jack Wilshere initiating attacks from deep in the Regista role and Ramsey in the Wenger acclaimed "attack minded Roy Keane role. This season they were fine, both averaging ~7.20 but in my opinion there wasn't the same quality of transitional play and Ramsey, with 4 goals vs last years 10, was not the goalscoring threat he was.

The cause of the problem is obvious. Without the presence of De Rossi alongside them in midfield they have both had to take on more defensive responsibilities.

I could simply reset their roles to Regista and MC-A, but I see two problems:

1. Defensive cover, obviously
  2. Even if I can provide defensive cover, the area ahead of Ramsey is now significantly more crowded.

On to the future...

Right now I think the first team will be exactly the same next season.

I may decide to sell Walcott if he is not first choice. He has already shown signs of discontent. I'd replace him with long term target Ryan Gauld as backup for Ox.

Vermaelen may go. If so to be replaced by a young DC.

Rosicky retires next year but Zelalem and Crowley return from loan.

Disappointed with Stark. May sell.

Hopefully Gnabry and Umtiti will continue banging on the door for First XI opportunities.

Ohhhhh Yaya Sa-Noo-Goooo.

I would say you don't need him. Could do it as a money making exercise though?

Don't really need the money got a balance of £347m probably going to leave it. also 5 players Sarabia , Biekman , Sanogo ,Giroud & Vela have got double figures Vela , Sanogo having the least of those five

Don't really need the money got a balance of £347m probably going to leave it. also 5 players Sarabia , Biekman , Sanogo ,Giroud & Vela have got double figures Vela , Sanogo having the least of those five

I'd pass. He's a bit underrated on FM I find. Plus if you're happy with what you have. I do thoroughly recommend keeping an eye out for Anthony Martial though..

I'd pass. He's a bit underrated on FM I find. Plus if you're happy with what you have. I do thoroughly recommend keeping an eye out for Anthony Martial though..

Looking forward to more of your tactical analysis mate. Deffo looking to try out your midfield pivot in a few of my 3 man mid fields. Seems very nice and fluid.

Looking forward to more of your tactical analysis mate. Deffo looking to try out your midfield pivot in a few of my 3 man mid fields. Seems very nice and fluid.

Thanks; appreciate it.

I particularly recommend the midfield setup I played in my first season. It really gets the best out of Wilshere and Ramsey. Unfortunately it doesn't accommodate Ozil and a true Centre Forward.

Currently thinking about combining the two tactics ahead of my 3rd season.

what are those team instruction/s I cant see?

Just drill crosses.

What does everyone think of this as a tactical set up?

Arsenal4-3-3v2.png

My biggest concern is not having a Defensive role in Midfield. Wilshere and Ramsey are probably the best all-round midfielders in Europe right now and Ozil is certainly the best creator so I am hoping I won't need one.

The premise is the combination of my first two systems.

In season 1 I played Ozil as a False 9 with Ramsey, Cazorla and Walcott flooding past him. Wilshere creating from deep as a Regista and De Rossi playing the 'linchpin' role in midfield. Defensively rock solid, amazing build up play, not enough goals.

Season 2 I dropped the front 3 deeper and put Martial in front of them. The result? Goals. De Rossi was the player to drop out to make space for Martial. That meant Wilshere and Ramsey in more conservative roles. The result? Less satisfying overall play.

My back 4 remain the same. They've been the strongest defence for the past 2 years, and have kept 41 Premier League clean sheets. The difference is there is now no designated holder ahead of them. Saying that there are 3 players in that area so the odds are reasonable that one will make it back.

I am looking forward to having Wilshere creating from deep, Ozil in a more threatening creative role with Ayew, Cazorla, Ramsey, Martial and Ox all flooding forward ahead of him.

I wonder how it will hold up..

What does everyone think of this as a tactical set up?

Arsenal4-3-3v2.png

My biggest concern is not having a Defensive role in Midfield. Wilshere and Ramsey are probably the best all-round midfielders in Europe right now and Ozil is certainly the best creator so I am hoping I won't need one.

The premise is the combination of my first two systems.

In season 1 I played Ozil as a False 9 with Ramsey, Cazorla and Walcott flooding past him. Wilshere creating from deep as a Regista and De Rossi playing the 'linchpin' role in midfield. Defensively rock solid, amazing build up play, not enough goals.

Season 2 I dropped the front 3 deeper and put Martial in front of them. The result? Goals. De Rossi was the player to drop out to make space for Martial. That meant Wilshere and Ramsey in more conservative roles. The result? Less satisfying overall play.

My back 4 remain the same. They've been the strongest defence for the past 2 years, and have kept 41 Premier League clean sheets. The difference is there is now no designated holder ahead of them. Saying that there are 3 players in that area so the odds are reasonable that one will make it back.

I am looking forward to having Wilshere creating from deep, Ozil in a more threatening creative role with Ayew, Cazorla, Ramsey, Martial and Ox all flooding forward ahead of him.

I wonder how it will hold up..

Looks pretty good to me. I have actually made something pretty similar as my third tactic except I have brought the Wide players down into the MR/L line hoping to give a little more defensive cover.

I wonder how much roaming Ozil will do from that position? Do you give him any PIs? Actually for that matter what are your PIs with this version?

January Report

I brought In Goalkeeper Max Grun on a free , regen Bruno from Santos for 2.1m who then went on loan to Brighton & loaned Pleguezuelo to Leeds

01/01/18 | Barclays Premier League | American Express Community Stadium

Formation: 4-4-2 C

Arsenal 1 ( Biekman 18)

Brighton 1 ( Sarabia O/G 67)

06/01/18 | F.A Cup ( Rd 3) | Emirates

Arsenal 5 ( Giroud 7 , Biekman 15 & 44 , Giroud 50 , Biekman 54)

Bury 1 ( McGoldrick 31)

09/01/18 | Capital One Cup (Semi-Final Leg 1) | Hillsborough

Formation: CJ 2

Arsenal 7 ( Moss 16 , Jenkinson 58 , Moss 61 , Vela 64 , Taylor 67 , Vela 69 & 83)

Sheff Wed 0 ( Helan S/0 42)

13/01/18 | Barclays Premier League | Emirates

Formation: 4-2-2 C

Arsenal 3 ( Mertesacker 7 , Biekman 61 & 89)

Southampton 1 ( Giacherini 76)

17/01/18 | Barclays Premier League | Emirates

Formation: 4-2-2-2 C

Arsenal 1 ( Hyndman 16)

Man City 1 ( Beneteke 34)

20/01/18 | Barclays Premier League | Goodison Park

Arsenal 4 ( Berg 4 , Jelavic O/G 22 , Berg 49 , Biekman 80)

Everton 2 ( Livermore 2 , Berahino 35)

23/01/18 | Capital One Cup (Semi-Final Leg 2) | Emirates

Arsenal 4(11) ( Bossaerts O/G 8 , Eaton 13 , Vela 53 , Ledley Inj 59 , Berg PEN 89)

Sheff Wed 1(1) ( Graigen 43)

27/01/18 | F.A Cup(Rd 4) | Emirates

Formation: 4-2-3-1(let assman take complete charge of match)

Arsenal 1 ( Hector 16)

Tottenham 0

30/01/18 | Barclays Premier League | Emirates

Formation: Arsenal 4-3-3

Arsenal 3 ( Hector 35 , Mertesacker 48 , Wilshere 56)

Necastle 1 ( Cisse 26)

arsenal1_zps544a8b49.jpg

January Report

I brought In Goalkeeper Max Grun on a free & loaned Pleguezuelo to Leeds

01/01/18 | Barclays Premier League | American Express Community Stadium

Arsenal 1 ( Biekman 18)

Brighton 1 ( Sarabia O/G 67)

06/01/18 | F.A Cup ( Rd 3) | Emirates

Arsenal 5 ( Giroud 7 , Biekman 15 & 44 , Giroud 50 , Biekman 54)

Bury 1 ( McGoldrick 31)

09/01/18 | Capital One Cup (Semi-Final Leg 1) | Hillsborough

Arsenal 7 ( Moss 16 , Jenkinson 58 , Moss 61 , Vela 64 , Taylor 67 , Vela 69 & 83)

Sheff Wed 0 ( Helan S/0 42)

13/01/18 | Barclays Premier League | Emirates

Arsenal 3 ( Mertesacker 7 , Biekman 61 & 89)

Southampton 1 ( Giacherini 76)

17/01/18 | Barclays Premier League | Emirates

Arsenal 1 ( Hyndman 16)

Man City 1 ( Beneteke 34)

20/01/18 | Barclays Premier League | Goodison Park

Arsenal 4 ( Berg 4 , Jelavic O/G 22 , Berg 49 , Biekman 80)

Everton 2 ( Livermore 2 , Berahino 35)

23/01/18 | Capital One Cup (Semi-Final Leg 2) | Emirates

Arsenal 4(11) ( Bossaerts O/G 8 , Eaton 13 , Vela 53 , Ledley Inj 59 , Berg PEN 89)

Sheff Wed 1(1) ( Graigen 43)

27/01/18 | F.A Cup(Rd 4) | Emirates

Formation: 4-2-3-1(let assman take complete charge of match)

Arsenal 1 ( Hector 16)

Tottenham 0

30/01/18 | Barclays Premier League | Emirates

Arsenal 3 ( Hector 35 , Mertesacker 48 , Wilshere 56)

Necastle 1 ( Cisse 26)

arsenal1_zps544a8b49.jpg

What role and duty do you give Giroud in your 433 formation

After scoring only nine league goals the first season, Giroud really destroyed the league.

34snosx.png

-Broke Henry's club record for most league goals in a season for Arsenal.

-Broke Andy Cole's record for most league goals in a season.

-Topscorer in Premier League (duh), Capital One Cup and Champions League.

-Most league goals in Europe.

His 57 goals led us to a Premier League win (on goal difference), a COC win and a Champions League semi-final.

Walcott (14) and Özil (13) finished 3rd and 4th in assist. Both had 22 in all competitions.

And I was ready to sell him after his first year, thank god I gave him a second chance :lol:

Playing as Target Man (A) btw.

The amount of times i've thought "Koscielny would be a brilliant midfielder" when i've watched Arsenal, is unbelievble. He's a very good defender so let's not move him but be interesting to see how he'd do.

Febuary Report

03/02/18 | Barclays Premier League | Cardiff City Stadium

Arsenal 3 ( Hector 23 , Stones 48 , Hector 74)

Cardiff 1 ( Alar PEN 62)

07/02/18 | Barclays Premier League | Liberty Stadium

Arsenal 2 ( Bela 47 , Biekman 53)

Swansea 2 ( Ledley O/G 34 , Vazquez 40)

10/02/18 | Barclays Premier League | Selhurst Park

Arsenal 2 ( Koscielny 9 , Keane O/G 55 , Vela Inj 87)

Crystal Palace 1 ( Serero 77)

13/02/18 | Barclays Premier League | Emirates

Arsenal 5 ( Dede 24 , Biekman 39 , PEN 50 , Sanogo 63 , Berg 82)

Norwich 1 ( Stockton 4 , Dudgeon S/O 90)

17/02/18 | F.A Cup( Rd 5) | Emirates

Arsenal 3 ( Biekman 69 , Wilshere 77 , Giroud 84)

Everton 0

21/02/18 | UEFA Champions League 1st K/O Rd Leg 1 | Stade Velodrome

Arsenal 1 ( Stones 37)

Marseille 0

24/02/18 | Barclays Premier League | Reebok

Arsenal 2 (Crowley 3 , Biekman 52 , Crowley Inj 56)

Bolton 2 ( Chung-Young 37 , Hall 71)

28/02/18 | Barclays Premier League | Emirates

Arsenal 1 ( Hector 30)

Aston Villa 0

bf097613-79f4-453c-843f-72bbde684679_zps6e4bc9d1.jpg

March Report

05/03/16 | F.A Cup(Qtr-Final) | Molinuex

Arsenal 2 ( Sanogo Inj 21 , Campbell 47 , Doria 64 , )

Wolves 2 ( Dudgeon 17 , Siguroarson 29 , Osbourne S/O 63)

12/03/16 | Barclays Premier League | Craven Cottage

Arsenal 3 ( Wood 31 , Özil 87 & 89)

Fulham 0

16/03/16 | UEFA Champions League (1st K/O Rd Leg 2) | Emirates

Arsenal 1(3) ( Weidenfeller O/G 33)

Dortmund 0(0)

19/03/16 | Barclays Premier League | Brittnia

Arsenal 6 ( Fierro 12 , Campbell 33 & 45 , Nyom 39 , Giroud 58 & 60)

Stoke 2 ( Shea 18 , Shea Inj 23 , Hernandez 43)

22/03/16 | Barclays Premier League | Emirates

Arsenal 1 ( Giroud 45)

Man City 0

29/03/16 | UEFA Chamions League ( Qtr-Final Leg 1) | Emirates

Arsenal 4 ( Morata 12 , Coquelin 19 , Giroud 23 & 49)

Chelsea 1 ( Lampard 25)

I had two great seasons, winning 2 leagues, 1 FA Cup, 1 League Cup and I lost a CL final in that period.

So naturally everything falls apart in season 3, our previously rock solid defence crumbles, our strikers forget how to score and our mifielders can no longer do anything.

Makes sense.

I had two great seasons, winning 2 leagues, 1 FA Cup, 1 League Cup and I lost a CL final in that period.

So naturally everything falls apart in season 3, our previously rock solid defence crumbles, our strikers forget how to score and our mifielders can no longer do anything.

Makes sense.

I feel your pain. The game demands you evolve tactically, which to be fair does make sense, however I do feel that it is a little extreme.

Ultimately if you have a really strong squad quality wise, with great continuity and your tactical theory is sound, then you would think you should be able to continue in a similar vein for quite a few seasons.

Obviously I don't know what your tactic setup is though, and another thing to consider is that while your tactic may seem sound when your reputation is at a given level and opponents have only played you once or twice, as you grow in rep and they play you more often I guess they may start to adapt to you, which could in turn start to expose flaws in your tactic that weren't apparent initially.

That said, sometimes I really can't explain why my team plays like a bunch of crazed junkies.

I feel your pain. The game demands you evolve tactically, which to be fair does make sense, however I do feel that it is a little extreme.

Ultimately if you have a really strong squad quality wise, with great continuity and your tactical theory is sound, then you would think you should be able to continue in a similar vein for quite a few seasons.

Obviously I don't know what your tactic setup is though, and another thing to consider is that while your tactic may seem sound when your reputation is at a given level and opponents have only played you once or twice, as you grow in rep and they play you more often I guess they may start to adapt to you, which could in turn start to expose flaws in your tactic that weren't apparent initially.

That said, sometimes I really can't explain why my team plays like a bunch of crazed junkies.

I have responded with a #40m bid for Paul Pogba! :-D

As I got more successful my team became more attacking and ultimately unbalanced. A solid, physical midfielder should address that. It does pose an interesting selection challenge in fitting Ox, Gnabry, Martial, Cazorla, Gabriel Barbosa and Theo onto only 3 spots though...

I have responded with a #40m bid for Paul Pogba! :-D

As I got more successful my team became more attacking and ultimately unbalanced. A solid, physical midfielder should address that. It does pose an interesting selection challenge in fitting Ox, Gnabry, Martial, Cazorla, Gabriel Barbosa and Theo onto only 3 spots though...

Nothing to complain about there! Looking forward to your season 3 review, and now I want to know any tactical changes to fit Pogba in!

@arsenalthebest

Brilliant idea for Koscielny, I had thought the same with Vermaelen, could make a good half back. I've a ridiculous idea for a tactic that I want to try and develop, involves no central defenders, just a Libero/Sweeper, two fullbacks and a half-back & Regista. Thinking Arsenal could have a good side to throw it together with, means Per wouldn't play a lot though. :D could be brilliant, could just crash and burn...

@ajw10

What type of goals are you conceding, how are the other sides playing? You're being tactically exposed somewhere to go from solid to flaky so suddenly.

My players are consistently giving the ball away despite there being more obvious options. They are not tackling either, just letting players run beside them.

It's bizarre. Like my players cba anymore. Well neither can I.

Playing Norwich away. Find myself 3-1 down, all 3 goals have come from corners. Standard. Has anyone got a copy of 12 they want to send to me? That was an actual game

My players are consistently giving the ball away despite there being more obvious options. They are not tackling either, just letting players run beside them.

It's bizarre. Like my players cba anymore. Well neither can I.

Playing Norwich away. Find myself 3-1 down, all 3 goals have come from corners. Standard. Has anyone got a copy of 12 they want to send to me? That was an actual game

you can only trade/send non played games on steam as far as I know pretty rubbish imo

Archived