FM14: Arsenal Thread - "Remember who you are, what you are and who you represent!"

llama3

Just as I left my game last night, Real Madrid (those pesky so & so's!)) game me a conundrum...They placed an offer of around GBP 15 mil (can't remember exact figure) for Santi Cazorla...now he is 30, I've spoke to him and explained that he won't play every week and he's now classed as back-up due to the promising talent I've got in the AM position. I'm just wondering if I could get Madrid up to say, GBP 20 mil it may be worth letting him go...it's not often you get an offer that big for someone who's 30+, and it'll force me to make more bold moves and blood the youngsters.

What you think?

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you ask them for £20m they may come back with say £17.5m and even that I think is a good price for a 30+ yr old, but watch out they don't say 'No Way, Get Stuffed'

If you've got someone already playing in his place it might be the case of take the money and run.

He's on a rotation basis with The Ox & Vitinho, plus I have Will Hughes & Ross Barkley coming in next season together with the crazy youth who will no doubt be chomping at the bit. I think if they offer over his value I'll take it!

2014/15

January

FA Cup 3rd Round - Northampton 1-1 Arsenal Hearn 3 Aguero 59 Caulker s/o 43

PL - Arsenal 4-1 Swansea Aguero 21 Mertesacker 44 Cazorla 61 Wilshere 78 Vazquez 28

PL - Liverpool 2-0 Arsenal Suarez 37 Agger 54 G.Johnson s/o 78

We absolutely battered them, but like all big away games on FM they're next to impossible to win.

FA Cup 3rd round replay - Arsenal 4-1 Northampton Koscielny 4 Bellerin 41, 65 Aneke 73 Toney 29

PL - Arsenal 3-1 Southampton Verratti 45 Cazorla 82 Mertesacker 92 Rodriguez 10

PL - Arsenal 2-0 West Brom Giroud pen 2 Chamberlain 26

FA Cup 4th round - Arsenal 3-0 Sunderland Cazorla 37 Ramsey 76 Aguero 92

PL - Fulham 1-1 Arsenal Dejagah 22 Ozil 47

February

PL - Crystal Palace 1-4 Arsenal Bennett 88 Mbia o.g. 5 Ramsey 12 Cazorla 53 Jenkinson 84 Aguero m/pen 5

A much more impressive result than it appears, Palace were 8th at the time and in a great run of form

Arsenal 1-0 Manchester City Aguero pen 43

Arsenal 3-1 Leeds Aguero 8 Wilshere 33 Gnabry 53 Commons 43

Newcastle 1-2 Arsenal Taarabt pen 81 Aguero 55, 83

Massive win this. We dominated the entire game before Newcastle got the most ridiculous penalty ever (wasn't even in the box) Aguero went up the other end though to seal the win in dramatic fashion.

FA Cup 5th round - Arsenal 2-0 Norwich Olsson o.g. 25 Giroud 57

PL - Norwich 0-3 Arsenal Aguero pen 13 Mertesacker 23 Wilshere 36

CL 1st knockout 1st leg - PSG 2-1 Arsenal Cavani 47, 49 Aguero 35

March

PL - Arsenal 2-1 Stoke Chamberlain 53 Koscielny 82 Crouch 65

FA Cup Quarter Final - Swansea 0-1 Arsenal Walcott 6

PL - Arsenal 1-0 Everton Walcott 93

Massive, MASSIVE win this. We controlled the game having 23 shots and creating 5 CCC's but couldn't make the breakthrough. Walcott pops up with a fantastic, cool finish right at the end to keep us top.

CL 1st Knockout 2nd Leg - Arsenal 1-0 PSG Ramsey 32

lack of goals is becoming a worry, we created loads, couldn't score and just got through on away goals. frustrating

Tottenham 2-1 Arsenal Rodriguez pen 39 Soldado 84 Chamberlain 10 Mertesacker s/o 37

Horrible way to end the month. We were in control when the ref wrongly gave a penalty to Spurs and a red card to Mertesacker (red was rescinded). After that it was back to the walls which nearly worked before Soldado (9 jumping) out jumped everyone to score. Annoying, it seems like every goal I concede atm is down to some stupid bug. The result keeps us top on GD with 7 games to go

SEASON 2015/2016

TRANSFERS OUT

Corchia - € 30M - AS Monaco

Podolski - € 10M - Valencia

Mertesacker - € 8.5M - Schalke 04

Cazorla - € 10M - Schalke 04

Walcott - € 45M - Chelsea

Drogba - retired

And some on free/loan

Total out € 121M

TRANSFERS IN

Papadopoulos - € 10.25M - Schalke 04

Bernard - € 23M - Shaktar

7 regens

Total in € 52M

AUGUST 2015

CS - Newcastle Utd 0-3 Arsenal - Bender (25), Ozil (38), Giroud (45+2)

PL - Arsenal 3-1 WBA - Ozil (pen 3), Giroud (20), Ramsey (45+2)

PL - Crystal Palace 1-3 Arsenal - Giroud (2), Ozil (pen 47), Bernard (70)

PL - Everton 2-4 Arsenal - Giroud (22, 38, 48), Bernard (81)

SEPTEMBER 2015

PL - Arsenal 2-0 Chelsea - Balanta (10), Ozil (90+2)

CL - Olympique Lyon 1-5 Arsenal - Ozil (pen 17), Giroud (44), Wilshere (88), Ox (90+1), Ramsey (90+3)

PL - Man Utd 1-2 Arsenal - Bender (35), Vela (85)

LC3r - Arsenal 6-0 Doncaster - Khedira (15), Fernando (51), Vela (56), Ramsey (69), Mitrovic (79), Vermaelen (88)

PL - Arsenal 4-0 Swansea - Bony (og 7), Bender (14), Balanta (41), Ox (84)

CL - Arsenal 3-0 Galatasaray - Giroud (15, 66), Ox (72)

OCTOBER 2015

PL - Newcastle Utd 1-2 Arsenal - Bender (33), Mitrovic (79)

PL - Bolton 0-4 Arsenal - Bernard (10, 48, pen 75), Giroud (56)

CL - Arsenal 3-1 Granada - Fernando (16), Aowei (25), Ox (45)

PL - Arsenal 5-1 Stoke - Shawcross (og 4), Bernard (10, 38, 44), Ox (16)

PL - Arsenal 5-2 Everton - Mitrovic (1, 15), Ayew (66), Vela (71), Aowei (89)

PL - Arsenal 3-1 Norwich - Giroud (3, 25), Bernard (20)

NOVEMBER 2015

PL - Granada 1-4 Arsenal - Ayew (33, 70, pen 72), Ramsey (88)

PL - Aston Villa 2-0 Arsenal

PL - Liverpool 0-1 Arsenal - Ox (44)

In superb form with a superb Ozil, Bernard and Giroud untill the Villa game. The big clubs are dropping points all over, with WBA and Norwich performing well. Liverpool and City only scoring about 1, goal per match.

Bernard

full.jpg

Some of my talents who are in 1st squad, the DR and DL are the reasons I sold Corchia and Monreal.

Soliman

medium.jpg

Scamporrino

medium.jpg

Aowei

medium.jpg

And Pino also developing amazing, already 16 caps for Italy. Have to add his face I see ;)

medium.jpg

Oh good. Lend us a couple of million then......:lol:

I need to be able to justify it to the fans after all! Arsenal is one of his favourite clubs now and I'm a favourite person of his!

Also, is it just me that it irritates that as a player you've got to offer over and above a value to get someone, yet it's increbidly difficult to get a team to offer near a value for one of your players?

I need to be able to justify it to the fans after all! Arsenal is one of his favourite clubs now and I'm a favourite person of his!

Also, is it just me that it irritates that as a player you've got to offer over and above a value to get someone, yet it's increbidly difficult to get a team to offer near a value for one of your players?

Oh yes, pee's me right off. You make an offer for a player and its NO! we want double that, yet you sell a player and they offer about three quarters of it.

Yes, played a couple of games. Made some starts already, performing well.

Maybe retrain him so I can also use him on the flanks.

I'd stick with him as a CM...I always got told that a player who only has 1 or 2 positions will play better than someone who can play in multiple positions. Not sure how true that is though!

I'd stick with him as a CM...I always got told that a player who only has 1 or 2 positions will play better than someone who can play in multiple positions. Not sure how true that is though!

I would have thought that if you could play in 4-5 positions you would only have the basic skills to operate in those positions but, if you only played one position you would be able to learn the position and learn the deeper more intricate side to that position.

Back in 2009 myself, mag_man and a few other FM'ers decided to try and recreate the famous Herbert Chapman's W-M formation which took English football by storm. It took us a while to get it right, well 99% right, and we all thoroughly enjoyed the experience and now I want to try and recreate it again.

I am not going to write a massive post explaining it all but you can read our exploits in this thread 'W-M Tactic'.

I know that while I'm experimenting I will probably lose quite a few games but, if I can get a top 5 place and European football for next season then I will be more than happy.

Quite a few players will be surplus to requirements as I only need 2 maybe 3 CD's, but may have to look at bolstering the DM positions. I want to bring in Balanta and Heintz, I know that Koscielny, Mertesacker and Vermaelen can do a really good job for me but I want to bring those 2 players in as they are young and can be world class players and in a couple of years I may not be able to buy them if they have already been snapped up.

If anyone else is interested in trying this tactic with me then please feel free.

Feedback on how your team and players are performing is a must

Thanks In Advance

Here's how the W-M tactic looks.

WM-formation_zps79bfc5ca.jpg

This has now been moved to here ;

W-M Revisited for FM14

Has anyone else found that the new patch has made selling players a little more doable? All it takes is a good cup run and a good ECL run to boost their reps - End of first season:

Sold reserve winger Cuadradao to Dortmund: 27m

Bendtner (had renewed his contract and then he wanted a new challenge) to West Ham 10m

Diaby - (also sulking) Marseille for 14.5m

Vela (hated me from within a month) to marseille for 20m

Monreal to Monaco 20m

Fricskon Erazo - 5m - Norwich

Cazorla to Madrid 50m- wasn't as good as jack or ozil, I saw he was wanted so offered him out for 50m and both Madrid and City came in for him and I thought for a 29 year old was far to good to resist.

Giroud to Barca 50m (35 of it over 24 months)- wanted a huge wage rise and was ******* and moaning, so I tried the same trick....sweet.

And my personal favourite, extremely talented headcase Giovanni Moreno to Man U for 20m - 19m profit for 10 months.....

Was pissed off about Giroud making me sell him, so I bought Mitrovic (14m over 36 months), Lukaku (bizzarely 17m - never been able to buy him before) to join Lewandowski on a free. Other bosmans = Julain Brandt, Yassine Benzia (the unsettling worked!), Matej Vydra, Camilo Zuniga, Jeremy Menez, Vitinho, Fernando and Euardo Vargas. Hoping to be Greedy and snaffle Diego and Valdes if their wage demands drop...

Also picked up Alex Sandro to replace Monreal for 4m + 10m over 48 months.

And this was on the back of cheap sulking Pogba in January who'd been trying to leave since October....best squad I've had on FM for a good while....

Only DB edit i did was a slight boost to Ramsey, Jenkinson and Gibbs. The trick now is to try to slowly make an almost entirely home-grown core squad with the rest having to be kids, world stars or freebies to fill out the cup squad...

Arsenal season 1 update – April

CL QF 1st Leg – Arsenal 2-0 Barcelona – Vermaelen 14 Giroud 36 – Busquets s/o 8

We hosted Barca in the first leg of the quarter final. We had a major boost as Bacary Sagna was declared fit to play. All my pre-match plans to keep it tight and get a 0-0 went out of the window when just 8 minutes in Busquets hacked down Arteta leaving his fellow Spaniard with a damaged knee cap. Big nights need their captain and Vermaelen headed home a corner for the opener. Giroud then doubled the lead with a fine finish but then missed a complete sitter when Valdes kicked it straight to him 8 yards out but he put it wide. Second half we produced more chances to get further ahead. Both Podolski and Mertersacker hit the bar late on. Iniesta had Barca’s best chance but shot straight at Szszesny. A pity it’s not more but glad to keep the clean sheet to take to Spain. Arteta out for four weeks.

1st Legs – A Dzeko brace saw City come from 2-0 to draw with Real Madrid. Zenit beat Bayern 2-0 in Russia. Chelsea and Porto drew 1-1 at Stamford Bridge.

PL – West Brom 1-2 Arsenal – Sessegnon 71 Long s/o 75 - Toni 58 Vietto 59

Sandwiched in between the Barca games were West Brom. I made ten changes from the Barca game. Only Szszesny and Ramsey stayed in. Youngster Siemann got another chance to impress at right back. Vietto partnered Toni up front. West Brom started well with long and Anichebe causing problems. We didn’t really start to play until the half-hour mark when Vietto saw his chip come back off the crossbar. That was our only shot of the half. Second half we were better and took the lead through another of Carl Jenkinsons special crosses. Toni nodding home. Not to be outdone Vietto then doubled the lead just a minute later. Sessagnon who I hadn’t realised had come on pulled one back before Long was sent off. I brought on Ledson for his Premier League debut.

CL QF 2nd Leg – Barcelona 2-1 Arsenal - Messi 31 Iniesta 82 – Walcott 6

Jenkinson was man of the match against West Brom so I found it hard to leave him out but I did with Balanta at left back. That wasn’t the only surprise in my line-up. Despite being one of the players of the season I wanted pace on the break so Giroud found himself on the bench. Ozil would play through the middle at AMC with Chamberlain and Walcott flanking. My tactic took just 6 minutes to work. Walcott intercepting a pass and running the length of the field to score. The rest of the half was the predicted one way traffic. Barcelona had 77% possession but were doing nothing with it. A fine Messi header got them level. Second half they continued to create chances but it took until the 81st minute to ripple Szszesny’s net. A fine finish by Iniesta. By then it was too late. Chamberlain added to the sick list. Two weeks for him.

2nd Legs – Real beat City 1-0 to advance Ronaldo and Aguero both missing penalties. Bayern needed a last gasp Dante goal to level the tie on aggregate against Zenit. Mandzucic scoring the winner in extra time. Having drawn 1-1 at home Chelsea went and won in Porto much to my annoyance.

Champions League Semi-Final Draw – Arsenal vs Real Madrid

The draw I was dreading. Home first doesn’t help. Chelsea has first leg also at home against Bayern.

FAC Semi-final – Arsenal 0-1 Stoke City – Agudelo 50

Thankfully we had a good recovery time after the Barca game for the Fa Cup semi-final. I decided to give Rosicky a game as I felt he warranted a chance. We dominated the first half but rarely properly threatened. Stoke didn’t at all until they scored from a long kick upfield. Was still a good finish though. I tried to get us going but couldn’t get the equaliser. Beat United Chelsea and City to get here and lose to Stoke. Very annoying. Walcott would be out for ten days after picking up a minor knock.

Stoke would play Newcastle in the final. They beat Reading 1-0. Cisse with the goal early on. I was due to attend the game but after the defeat thought I would give it a miss.

PL – Arsenal 3-0 Fulham – Podolski 12 Giroud 46 Vietto 64

After defeat in the cup semi-final I was determined to make the title happen. It did thanks to a very clinical display. Podolski preferred to Toni opening the scoring and then Giroud latching onto a superb Ozil pass to double the lead. Vietto then smashed in a late third. One more win to be crowned champions.

PL – Norwich City 1-1 Arsenal – Van Wolfswinkle 69 – Podolski 47

Chelsea won at Liverpool. Goals from Mata, Eto’o and yet another Lampard Penalty (see stat of the month) meaning we needed a win against Norwich to guarantee the tile. Unfortunately it came three days before the Madrid game meaning most of the squad were rested. Norwich had enjoyed a wonderful season and were in 9th place. In the first half we didn’t have a single shot and I was naturally furious. In the second half we stepped it up and Podoslki gave us the lead. Unfortunately a slide clearance by Balanta went straight to wolfswinkle (happens far far too often) and he tapped away. Title will wait. Madrid next.

CL SF 1st Leg. – Arsenal 3-0 Read Madrid – Giroud 14 Chamberlain 24 Podolski 32 – Pepe s/o 3 Ramos s/o 9

A Champions League Semi Final I never imagined. He’s had an indifferent campaign but Mezut Ozil came to the party against his old club with a wonderful display. Walcott was still missing which was a blow. Arteta will be touch and go for the second leg. It says a lot that I’m still unhappy despite the three goals we scored. Playing a team with nine men for 81minutes and scoring three is fine but we were let down by our finishing. 26 shots 16 on target, 6 clear cut chances. I knew the importance of not conceding so shut it out for the last ten. I’m still very happy with the lead we take to Spain but it should’ve been greater.

Drama as well in the other game. Bayern missing Ribery came from 2-0 down to get a 2-2 draw.

PL – Arsenal 2-2 West Ham – Ozil 3 Chamberlain 64 – Carroll 31 44

Chelsea had won in the early kick off (yes another penalty) meaning we could still have the glory of winning the title ourselves. With the game on the Wednesday I named an unchanged team. Walcott was back on the bench. It was another disappointing game in a poor month for us. We had 29 shots this time. Thinking of buying Adrian in the summer.

CL SF 2nd Leg – Real Madrid 3-2 Arsenal – Di Maria 25 Ronaldo 52 Morata 78 – Ozil 3 Walcott 51

I rested Gibbs and Wilshere with both on yellow cards. Arteta made a timely return. Just as he had done against West Ham Ozil scored the opener in the third minute. We very nearly scored again straight after but Mertersackers header was cleared off the line. Eventually Madrid got level through a fine turn and shot from Di Maria. After the break Walcott hit Madrid on the break to give us the lead. It lasted for literally 20 seconds with Ronaldo scoring from kick off. Morata then gave Madrid the lead and a win on the night but like the Barca game the damage was done in the first leg.

Bayern playing in very unfamiliar green shorts ruthlessly dispatched Chelsea 3-0. Goals from Alaba a beautiful chip Santon and Pizzaro. Chelsea twice hit the woodwork but Bayern

deserved it.

Premier League Table top 5

City can still finish sixth. Liverpool can’t. Awful season for both

1. Arsenal Played 36 points 91

2. Chelsea Played 36 points 84

3. Man United Played 36 Points 75

4. Everton Played 36 points 64

5. Tottenham played 36 points 63

-------------------------------------

8. Man City played 36 Points 53

10. Liverpool played 36 points 47

Goalscorers

Walcott 32

Giroud 31

Vietto 18

Ozil 10

Podolski 9

Assists

Ozil 24

Giroud 12

Cazorla 12

Podoslki 9

Ramsey 8

Average rating

Mertersacker 7.74

Giroud 7.61

Walcott 7.38

Ozil 7.39

Cazorla 7.26

Player of the month – Lucas Podolski

Wouldn’t have thought that at the beginning of the month. Not been the best month for players though. Only other candidate was Ozil.

CL – Barcelona – N/A – on83

PL – West Brom – 7.5

CL – Barcelona – 6.4 – on45

FA – Stoke - 6.7 – on68

PL - Fulham– 7.5(1

PL – Norwich –8.3(1)

CL – Real Madrid – 9(1)

PL – West Ham – 6.9 – Sub70

CL – Real Madrid – 7.4 – Sub77

Game of the month

Man City 2-3 West Brom – Aguero 44 Toure 45 – Anichebe 10 84 Mc Auley 73

Another home defeat for Man City.

Stat of the month

Paying the Penalty

Penalties have been the theme of this month. Alongside red cards it seems to me there has been some favouritism. Chelsea being the main beneficiaries.

Penalties awarded (premier League)

Chelsea 10

Tottenham 8

Norwich, Palace Man Utd Southampton 6

Arsenal 2

Red Cards

Newcastle West Brom 8

Aston Villa 6

Crystal Palace 5

Arsenal 3

Other news

Bayern retained their Budesliga crown. They play Dortmund in the German Cup final. Madrid won Laliga. They also won the Spanish Cup. Over in Italy Lazio lead Genoa by two points with two games left. Inter, Juventus and Milan still have outside chances of winning the title. Juventus play Napoli in the cup.

The under 21’s were crowned cup champions after a dramatic penalty shootout against Middlesbrough in the final. The game was drawn 1-1 with Borough taking a deserved lead and looking likely to win only for youngster and recent intake Nelson to equalise. What ensued was 27 successive converted spot kicks before finally a player missed. Thankfully for us it was in the blue of Boro.

Anichebe was the surprise player of the month. Podolski came third. Podoslki also scooped third in goal of the month for his strike at Norwich. Cornelius won the young player award. Vietto was second. Mourinho was voted manager of the month, I came third.

At the other end of the table no team has been relegated yet. West Ham Aston Villa Hull Sunderland and Crystal Palace are the teams in danger. 5 points separate West Ham in 16th and Palace in 20th. West Ham travel to Sunderland knowing a win will see them survive. Palace who need to win both games host Newcastle before traveling to Anfield.

Promotion wise Forrest Birmingham Wigan reading and leeds could all be promoted with one game to go. Nobody is guaranteed to go up at this stage.

RACE FOR THER TITLE – Title race over.

April Results

Liverpool 1-1 Man City – Matuidi - Aguero

Chelsea 1-1 Tottenham – Lampard (pen) - Dembele

Liverpool 1-3 Chelsea – Sturridge – Mata Eto’o Lampard (pen)

Man United 3-2 Man City – Van Persie 2(2pen) Nani – Evans o.g Silva

May Matches

Man United vs Chelsea

May preview

Two matches in the league and the big Champions League final. World Cup squad announced.

My W-M Season

2013-2014

A little while ago I did a One Tactic Season using a 4-1-1-3-1 tactic and surprised myself by winning the 'Quadruple' (FAC, C1C, ECL, EPL). Now I am going to try it again but this time using 'Herbert Chapman's' famous W-M tactic.

I have had to make some changes to my original squad by selling Mertesacker, Vermaelen and bringing in my 2 favourite DC's Balanta and Heintz along with Sven and Lars Bender for the 2 DMC's with Arteta and Flamini as cover and Vela.

My squad now looks like this:

GKeepers, Sczcesny, Fabianski and Viviano

Fullbacks: (L) Monreal & Gibbs ® Sagna & Jenkinson

DC's: Balanta, Heintz & Koscielny

DCM's: Lars Bender, Sven Bender, Arteta & Flamini

AMC's: Wilshere, Özil, Cazorla & Ramsey

Wingers/IF: Walcott, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Rosicky, Vela & Podolski

ST: Giroud, Sanogo, Vela, Podolski & Walcott

I am also looking at bringing in striker Luciano Vietto.

I have had a good preseason in Belguim and ended with a 0-0 draw at home to Celtic.

Our first Premier League game should have been away to Chelsea but that has been rearranged to accommodate our Champions League Best Place Play Off match against FC. Nordsjælland with the first leg in Denmark, so our first Premier League match now will be at home to Newcastle.

I don't expect to set the Premier League or Europe alight but I will be happy if I can get a top 5 spot (European Qualification), semi-finals in the domestic cups and quarter-finals of the Champions League.

If anyone wants to see how this tactic works out then I will be putting up monthly updates.

How do you guys set up in tough away games? I personally think the game places far too much importance on the home side. Players can't even do basics like pass away from home.

I must admit I never bother I just pick my team and thats it.

I'm not one of these who look at how the opposition are lining up or whether they're bad at home and good away or vice versa, I just send the team out and thats it.

I will change shouts during a match or make a substitution if I think a player is pony. I have had it where players seem to take throw ins or pass to the opposition for no reason what so ever.

Finally finished my second season. I didn't get knocked out of the CL like I said on this page. The game crashed days after United knocked me out.

2014/15

April

PL - Arsenal 1-0 Aston Villa Mertesacker 2

CL Quarter Final 1st Leg - Manchester United 1-1 Arsenal Hernandez 39 Monreal 45

FA Cup Semi Final - Crystal Palace 2-3 Arsenal Mariappa 4 Jedinak 77 Cox m/pen 35 Giroud 21, 85 Arteta 39

CL Quarter Final 2nd Leg - Arsenal 2-0 Manchester United Mertesacker 42, 45

PL - Arsenal 2-0 Manchester United Aguero 16 Ramsey 54

PL - Chelsea 2-2 Arsenal Hazard 22 Willian 87 Giroud 29 Wilshere 40, s/o 55

PL - Swansea 3-3 Arsenal Reyes 73 Britton 83 Michu 84 Ozil 10 Giroud 32, pen 37

Arghhhhhh. Swansea are not a good side. We were 3-0 and coasting before allowing Swansea back into the game. Pathetic. The type of result which costs you the league title.

CL Semi Final 1st Leg - Arsenal 5-1 Dortmund Wilshere 7 Aguero 25 Ozil 64 Mertesacker 80 Balanta 84 Reus 66

Great way for us to bounce back from the Swansea debacle. We thoroughly deserved the victory, although Reus was causing us problems on the counter. One foot in the final, although I'm wary of Dortmund's attacking threat at home.

May

PL - Arsenal 3-1 Wigan Walcott 8 Aguero 38 Morgan O.G. 65 Fortune 63

CL Semi Final 2nd Leg - Dortmund 3-0 Arsenal Torres 43, 68 Reus 81

We just scraped through to our second successive final against Barcelona again! Bad night though, Dortmund deserved the victory and we lost Giroud and Ozil to injuries. For Ozil, it was to be his final game of the season.

FA Cup Final - Manchester United 2-2 Arsenal (8-9 on pens) Evans 96 Fellaini 122 Walcott 93 Balanta 109

For the second year in a row we played Manchester United in the Final and for the second year in a row, we won! Was an utterly ridiculous game which saw us go down to EIGHT men for the last 10 mins after Ramsey, Walcott and Cazorla all picked up injuries after I had made 3 subs. My midfield at the end was Ox, Verratti and Aguero. Verratti scored the winning penalty to claim my fourth trophy of the season. Hull next, where a draw would clinch my first League title.

PL - Hull Tigers 0-2 Arsenal Januzaj m/pen 47 Verratti 25 Chamberlain 65

Comfortable win at already relegated Hull sees us win our first league with a game to spare. Wonderful scenes

PL - Arsenal 2-0 Watford Akpom 78 Wilshere 89

A classic end of season encounter this. Absolute snooze-fest which was saved by Akpom's 15 minute debut cameo, seeing him score one, set up the other and pick up motm. Promising.

So, the end of the another domestic season, seeing us pick up the double. We ended up on 93 points finishing 8 ahead of Manchester United after their end of season collapse. Manchester City and Liverpool make up the other CL spots with Chelsea missing out on the final day. Wigan, Hull and Leeds went down.

Santi Cazorla picked up Football Writers POTY for the second year running and Mesut Ozil achieved the same feat. Sergio Aguero finished as the leagues third highest goalscorer with 19 goals (31 in all comps). Wilshere come second to Eriksen in YPOTY and I won MOTY for the first time.

So onto Barcelona again in the CL for the chance to be the first side in the CL era to retain it and complete an historic treble in the process.

CL Final - Barcelona 3-1 Arsenal Neymar 18 Deulofeu 55, 70 Aguero 34

Alas it was not to be. Barcelona got their revenge and completely out-classed us. Even at 1-1 I didn't feel like we could win it.

2015-16

We're only halfway through June and despite the success of last season I'm overseeing something of a clear out. My best player Santi Cazorla has approached 30 and is in the last year of his contract. Offers from PSG and Real Madrid of £30m means that he'll probably be offloaded. Giroud looks set to go to Monaco for £31m, Athletic Bilbao have bid £16m for Monreal and Arteta is free to go for £2m. Santi Cazorla's probably departure will see Gnabry used more, although I have currently 3 bids in for players that if successful, will certainly strengthen the squad. Watch this space...

Started a new FMC save a while back in order to save time, I've been very pleased with my progress! Most successful save yet :) Here's a quick summary:

2013/2014

First season, went with a 4-2-3-1 hoping to make the most of Ozil's and Cazorla's creativity, season went quite well.

Transfers in:

Lars Bender 22m

Micah Richards 6.75m

Lewandowski 4.9m (January)

Dedé 7m (January)

Abdennour 7.5m (January)

Transfers out:

Fabianski 0.8m

Bendtner 0.325m

Koscielny 10.75m (January)

Podolski Free (January)

League position: 2nd

Champions league: Round of 16

FA cup: Semi final

Carling cup: 4th round

2014/2015

Transfers in:

Alex Sandro 30m

Doria 9.25m

Landreau Free

Jovetic 23m (Completely rubbish signing)

Luis Suarez 49.5m (January)

Transfers out:

Flamini 3m

Vermaelen 2.2m

Monreal 3m

Park 1.6m

Campbell 2.5m

Djourou 2.2m

Mertesacker 5m

Coquelin 2.8m

Walcott 7.5m (January)

League position: 1st

Champions league: Winners

FA cup: 6th round

Carling cup: Semi final

2015/2016 (Current season)

Club got taken over by a Chinese tycoon during the summer, giving me a transfer budget of 300m :D

Transfers in:

Wanyama 20m

Bernard 25m

Danilo 32.5m

Draxler 38.5m

Ruffier Free

Transfers out:

Jovetic 7.5m

Currently top of the league, and qualified first from my CL group. Won the Community shield, Super cup, and club world championship! Team lines up as follows:

SKa - Chez / Ruffier

FBs - Danilo / Richards

CDd - Dedé / Abdennour

CDd - Doria / Abdennour

WBa - Alex Sandro / Gibbs

DLPd - Bender / Wanyama

B2Bs - Wilshere / Ramsey

Wa - Suarez / Chamberlain

APs - Ozil / Cazorla

IFs - Draxler / Bernard

AFa - Lewandowski / Giroud

Sagna offers cover for the whole backline, Arteta for central midfield, and Cazorla for the entire AM line.

And the additional 20% of any future transfer, but at 30 I doubt they'd be shipping him off anywhere!

I think at the start of next season I'm going to limit myself to 1 over 30 player, 2 (maybe 3) over 26 players in my match squad and try and build a youthful team with as many british players as possible!

Arsenal season 1 update - May

PL – Arsenal 2-0 Stoke – Podolski 71 Toni 83

Thomas Vermaelen led out the side as Premier League Champions. I was very keen to avenge the cup semi-final defeat. We were excellent creating plenty of chances but took 71 minutes to make the breakthrough. Podolski targeting back to back player of the month awards with a fine finish. Toni then doubled the lead for his fourth of the season.

PL – Swansea City 2-3 Arsenal – Bony 11 77 – Podolski 48 Giroud 58 78

The final game of the season saw us take on Swansea. It was nice to have a six day gap between fixtures. Bony gave Swansea the lead and they kept it until half time. Quite how I’m not sure. 11 shots to 2. Second half Podolski leveled the game and out of form Giroud then struck to give us the lead. Giroud added a third before Bolly quickly got Swansea back on terms but we held on. We had 16 shots in the second half to add to the 11 in the first. Pleased to end the season with a win. 97 points is a great mark.

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL – Arsenal 4-1 Bayern Munich –Giroud 9 Vermaelen 24 Chamberlain 80 Walcott 83 – Dante 20

We completed our season with the Champions league Final in Lisbon against Bayern. I decided to go for the more attacking option which meant Podolski started. We began promisingly weathering an early storm and then taking the lead. Bayern playing to casual around the penalty area where Alaba was disposed by Walcott and Giroud finished. Dante then equalised from a corner and with that I thought the game had gone. But Vermaelen scored from a corner four minutes later to give us the lead at half time. I changed my tactics to contain. It worked as after the break Bayern never threatened. It was always my tactic if we were leading to utilise Chamberlains pace with 15 left and change to counter. A horrible kicked by Neuer from the corner flag went straight to the former Southampton man who beat Neuer’s spectacular run and dive. If that wasn’t enough A Giroud header from a corner was brilliantly saved by Neuer but the rebound was volleyed in by Walcott. He should’ve added a fifth in injury time but blazed over. A good season turns into a great one.

Arsenal - Szszesny Gibbs Vermaelen Mertersacker Sagna Arteta Wilshere Podolski (Chamberlain 75) Ozil Walcott Giroud

Subs not used: Zieler Koscielny Balanta Ramsey Vietto Darder.

Bayern Munich – Neuer Alaba (Boateng 72) Badstuber (Santon 81) Dante Lahm Kirchoff Martinez Kroos Ribery Muller Pizzaro (Mandzukic 81)

Subs not used: Starke Shaquiri Thiago Jung

Match Stats – Shots 15/9 Target 7/3 Possession 48/52 Fouls 21/6 Corners 11/4 CCC 3/1 WW 0/0 YC 3/0 RC 0/0

Man of the Match – Olivier Giroud(8.3).

Do tables and goalscorers in end of season review.

Player of the month – Olivier Giroud.

Nice way to end the season and go to the World Cup with.

PL – Stoke - N/A – on84

PL - Swansea – 8.8(2)

CL - Bayern Munich - 8.3(1)

Game of the month

Chelsea-1-5 West Brom – Torres 58 - Long 1 14 Anichebe 31 45 McAuley 60

Spat out my Coffee when I saw this. West Brom have now won at City and Chelsea in their final two games of the season. They also drew at United and Spurs

Stat of the month - Italy, Germany and Spain.

Stats from the other three leagues loaded. France and Holland will be added next year.

League:

Italy:

Top: Lazio 74 Juventus 70 Genoa 70 Inter 69 Milan 64

Relegated; Cagliari Verona Livorno.

Goalscorers: Floccari 20 Llorente 15 Bergessio 15

Assists: Lodi 11 Kone 9 Raimondi 9

Av Rating: De Rossi 7.59 Hamsik 7.52 Barzagli 7.45

MOM - Zambelli 7 Bargali 7 Periera 6

Player of the Year: Arturo Vidal (7.43)

Manager of the Year: Vladimir Pekrovic (Lazio)

Title Clashes: Juventus 1-1 Lazio - Lazio 1-1 Juventus

Milan Derby: Milan 1-2 Inter - Inter 0-1 Milan

Italian Cup: Juventus 3-1 Napoli. Super Cup: Juventus 4-0 Lazio

Spain:

Top: Real Madrid 89 Barcelona 79 Atletico 75 Valencia 69 Granada 55

Relegated; Real Sociadad Almeria Valladollid

Goalscorers: Ronaldo 22 Aduriz 21 Messi 18

Assists: Modric 14 Xavi 13 Isco 12

Av Rating: Messi 8.17 Ramos 7.92 Busquets 7.89

MOM - Messi 14 Ramos 12 Isco 6

Player of the Year: Lionel Messi (8.17)

Manager of the Year: Carlo Ancelotti (Real Madrid)

Title Clashes: Barcelona 1-3 Real Madrid - Real Madrid 1-1 Barcelona

Spanish Cup: Real Madrid 5-0 Celta Vigo. Super Cup: Atletico 1-3 Barcelona

Germany:

Top: Bayern 79 Dortmund 67 Shalke 65 Stuttgart 56 Wolfsburg 49

Relegated; Freiburg Braunschweig Augsburg

Goalscorers: Okasazi 19 Lewandowski 17 Kiebling 16

Assists: Kroos 15 Oczipka 11 Hosogai

Av Rating: Alaba 7.89 Lahm 7.59 Hummels 7.52

MOM - Alaba 10 Hummels 10 Fuchs 7

Player of the Year: David Alaba (7.89)

Manager of the Year: Josep Guardiola (Bayern)

Title Clashes: Dortmund 1-3 Bayern - Bayern 5-2 Dortmund

German Cup: Bayern 1-0 Dortmund. Super Cup: Dortmund 2-1 Bayern

Other news

Hull Sunderland and Crystal Palace were Relegated. Hull Immediately sacked Steve Bruce

Stoke won the FA Cup 8-7 on penalties after a goalless draw. As expected Newcastle played the more attractive football in a very competitive game. Zaha missed the vital kick.

Reading won the Championship and were promoted alongside Nottingham Forrest. In the play offs Wigan beat Leeds 1-0 in the final. QPR and Birmingham both lost in the semis.

Lazio won Seria A. Juventus were runners up despite not being second the entire season. Poor Genoa who had been ended up third. AC Milan finished 5th. Napoli 8th and sacked Benitez.

Benfica won the Europa League after beating AC Milan 1-0. Lyon won the Under19’s Champions League beating Benfica in the final. Arsenal finished bottom in their group.

In the youth domestic levels. The Under21’s finished 12. United and City finished as the top 2. United winning 2-1. In the Under 18’s a poor run of form saw Arsenal finish third behind

Southampton and Norwich. Blackburn winning overall beating Norwich in the final

Gibbs. Chamberlain Walcott and Wilshere were all named in the England squad. Phil Jones highest profile player left out. Giroud Sagna and Koscielny in for France. Nasri left out.

In the final monthly awards Despite not scoring a single goal Dzeko was named player of the month. Jon Williams at Palace scooped the young player and I was the only Arsenal person involved and won manager of the month.

United beat Chelsea 2-0 in the final race for the title fixture. Goals by Van Persie and Valenica.

End of season Review coming very soon….

How's the WM tactic coming on?

Not to bad GH, as I didn't want to clog up llama's thread I started a new thread in Training & Tactics Discussion, but I am updating the season with monthly updates.

I am now 100% certain that when you start a new game it's already decided what sort of season you are going to have. I started my WM save and it's a bit slow going but, I decided to start a test save where I would change settings and try them out then if they were successful then I would change them in the proper save, well the test team are going like a train much, much better than my original save.

Archived