Békéscsaba 1912 Előre SE - A Youth Project Challenge

SRL88

How long does it take you to set your heart on something? Well a whole day apparently in the FM world. I am finally coming into this thinking 'you know what, I am looking forward to this'.

Bekescsaba-Elore_zpseb6bae19.png

Beacutekeacutescsaba_OverviewProfile_zps62134eb5.png

The club I have decided upon is Békéscsaba 1912 Elore SE.

They play in the Nemzeti Bajnokság II (Hungarian Second Division East) which is the lowest playable league (alongside the West Division) in Hungary on Football Manager 2013.

StevenLongstaff_NewsInbox-4_zps32165da8.png

StevenLongstaff_NewsInbox-3_zps0e73234c.png

Name: Békéscsaba 1912 Elore SE

Nickname: Violets

Founded: 1912

Stadium: Stadion Kórház utcai (10,432 - 3,432 seated)

My Save

Leagues Loaded

------------------------------------------------
| Hungary  |  Nemzeti Bajnokság II - Playable  |
| England  |  League Two - View Only           |
| Spain    |  Liga Adalante - View Only        |

This is a Youth Project Challenge and the rules I have set myself are:

• I am not allowed to sign ANY players
  • I can bring in my own backroom staff at first, but once I have brought them all in I can't sign anymore and their replacements have to be people who were my former players.
  • I must try and sell every player over the age of 25 in my first season. If I can't sell them, they will stay until I can release them, or their contracts expire
  • This is a one club save. I will not be leaving at any point

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So this is the new SRL88 save ;) Should be good! Pretty restrictive rules, but you've proven yourself before :thup:

Yeah this is definitely it until FM14. I started threads to quickly before. This time I actually want to try this.

SRL88's Career - Season Preview - 2012/13 - Békéscsaba 1912 Elore SE

Board Expectations:

Nemzeti Bajnokság II: Respectable League Position

HungarianDivisionII-East_OverviewRules_zps18f753ee.png

Magyar Kupa: Reach the Fourth Round

My Expectations:

Nemzeti Bajnokság II: The league system confuses me, so as long as I don't get relegated I am happy

Magyar Kupa: Enjoy it

Good to see another thread from you, I always enjoy reading your careers.

Any particular reason why you chose this club and league?

Why thank you :)

Club? God knows. Kit and badge stood out I suppose. League? I looked throughout all the European leagues at which ones had never had a club in the European Cup Final ever. That was a few and I narrowed it down to three. Out of those three, Hungary was the nation I fancied.

Woah, this should be nice. I really quite fancy the idea of a youth challenge in Hungary, recapturing the Mighty Magiars spirit and all that - in fact, managing in Hungary is high on my FM to-do list.

This should be particularly interesting because you've been mega successful in your previous careers, but IIRC you don't tend to stay long for a club and tend to get your big trophies once you've moved on to big clubs. This is the total opposite of that, it's a very difficult place to do a youth challenge in, with the Hungarian league being so far back in Europe. It is going to take a hell of a lot of time and patience. So I am looking forward to see you being tested out in such different and tough circumstances. I'll certainly be a follower. :thup:

Ooooooohh SRL88 doing a Youth Challenge.I was going to be doing a youth challenge in FM14 with Paris FC 2000 :D

Best of luck :thup:

Cheers fella. I'm looking forward to getting properly stuck in.

Woah, this should be nice. I really quite fancy the idea of a youth challenge in Hungary, recapturing the Mighty Magiars spirit and all that - in fact, managing in Hungary is high on my FM to-do list.

This should be particularly interesting because you've been mega successful in your previous careers, but IIRC you don't tend to stay long for a club and tend to get your big trophies once you've moved on to big clubs. This is the total opposite of that, it's a very difficult place to do a youth challenge in, with the Hungarian league being so far back in Europe. It is going to take a hell of a lot of time and patience. So I am looking forward to see you being tested out in such different and tough circumstances. I'll certainly be a follower. :thup:

Nope. The longest I have stayed at one club was on FM12 when I was at Liverpool for 9 seasons. I have had one club saves in the past, but only when I am someone like Hoffenheim. This is massively different. The other two sides I started as (and yes, created threads) I just didn't have the heart for. This is completely different and out of my comfort zone.

Hungary youth only, i don't actually know any Hungarian bottom division teams :D. I don't envy you though, this is going to be very hard!

Indeed. I haven't made it easy for myself by saying I must try and sell everyone over the age of 25 in my first season, but it makes things more interesting.

Indeed. I haven't made it easy for myself by saying I must try and sell everyone over the age of 25 in my first season, but it makes things more interesting.

Better hope you get a good first intake! What are the facilities etc like?

My favourite career poster =). Plus a youth challenge. Subscribing!

Thank you :). Very kind words.

Good luck, should be a good thread, I'm really hoping that one day in the future you'll get the national job as well.

Cheers dude. I certainly think as the save goes on and I see any of the Hungarian jobs come up, I will probably apply.

Shame you couldn't get your old save up and running again but a youth project is always interesting to follow, best of luck in Hungary. :thup:

Yeah it was a shame, but time to look forward.

Good luck with the youth challenge :thup: I've never had the patience to try it out, so it will be interesting watching how you go about it!

I have to say that I said at the beginning of FM13 that I wouldn't do one as I enjoyed signing players too much, but we all change.

Good luck, should be a very interesting challenge, any plans of taking over the national team aswell and bring it back to its former success?

As quoted on AcidBurn, I probably will if the opportunity arises.

Better hope you get a good first intake! What are the facilities etc like?

Just loaded my save up to check.

Training - Adequate

Youth - Minimal

Junior Coaching - Basic

SRL88's Career - Pre-Season 2012/13 - Békéscsaba 1912 Elore SE

Friendlies

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule-2_zps38bba17b.png

A lot of fixtures for me to try and get used to the squad. The results were mixed but that didn't matter. We played some solid football and scored a fair few goals along the way. We head into the season with high spirits, that's for sure.

The current crop who stand out - Those who are listed as U21

Patrik Poor

Mate Zsilinszki

Nemanja Scekic

Gergo Huszar

Adam Viczian

Antal Ronai

Balazs Terek

SRL88's Career - August 2012 - Békéscsaba 1912 Elore SE

Nemzeti Bajnokság II

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule-3_zpsbe461774.png

HungarianDivisionII-East_OverviewStages_zps72c0f3f6.png

A very pleasing start to the campaign as we get off to a winning start. We played really well in the game and looked a threat throughout. We took the lead in the game but threw it away almost instantly, although we did manage to retake the lead before the break. The second half was tense because even though we had chances, the lead was slender. With just less than 20 minutes remaining we added a third which sealed the game for us.

Magyar Kupa 2nd Round

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule-4_zps32bece54.png

A difficult game against non-league opposition who gave us a few frights. Both sides had chances but were unable to take them as the match went to penalties. After 9 spot kicks each it was us who held our nerves to win a penalty shootout.

4 teams already relegated? Someone was drunk when creating rules for that league =) Can you post the league rules plz?

They are in the Season Preview. There isn't anything else on the league rules. As to why they are relegated. I don't know why.

Edit: I have PM'd Brock and linked in the thread. It might be coded in but will await a response.

SRL88's Career - September 2012 - Békéscsaba 1912 Elore SE

Nemzeti Bajnokság II

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule_zps91006540.png

HungarianDivisionII-East_OverviewStages-2_zps4a7bd12c.png

On reflection I am really pleased with this month. We lost our first game of the season, although it was only our second match of the campaign. We bounced back with a very hard fought win at home to Ujpest. The first hour really did look like there wasn't going to be a winner but we broke the deadlock and held on for the 3pts. A very solid win followed on our travels before another hard fought game which resulted in a 1-0 win for our third win in a row. The month rounded off rather disappointingly with a subdued performance at home to Balmazujvaros as we fell to a 2-1 defeat.

Magyar Kupar 3rd Round

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule-2_zps0fe97c25.png

A disappointing defeat I must say, but we played the majority of the game with ten men. We fell behind just after losing a man but leveled just before the half hour mark. As the match looked to be going to extra time we conceded to fall to a 2-1 defeat.

4 teams already relegated? Someone was drunk when creating rules for that league =) Can you post the league rules plz?
They are in the Season Preview. There isn't anything else on the league rules. As to why they are relegated. I don't know why.

Edit: I have PM'd Brock and linked in the thread. It might be coded in but will await a response.

Brock's reply:

It's because they're B-teams, because of a reorganisation of the Hungarian leagues, these teams are automatically being moved down. B-Teams can no longer be in the 2nd division so are automatically relegated no matter where they finish. Thanks.

SRL88's Career - October 2012 - Békéscsaba 1912 Elore SE

Nemzeti Bajnokság II

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule-3_zps4fbfb107.png

HungarianDivisionII-East_OverviewStages_zps899c7522.png

A cracking month to bring us right up in the chase after ten games. This was a very difficult month as every team we faced were ahead of us at the time. We kicked the month off with a solid draw away to Putnok with Adam Viczian (YP1) giving us the lead in the game. Unfortunately we were unable to hold on. Another difficult fixture followed and with the game poised at 1-1 and both sides having the chance to get the win, we scored from a corner in injury time to give us three points. We put in a very 'Jekyll and Hyde' performance against Cegled. We were brilliant in the first half as we took a 3-0 lead going into the interval, but a very poor second half display nearly threw that away but we hung on for another win. The month rounded off with a massive win at home to league leaders Szeged who could have opened up a 6pt lead over us.

Looks so bizarre with over half the teams going. At least it means that if you don't go up this year then with so many teams coming up it should be a fairly easy ride, hopefully you wont need another season!

Looks so bizarre with over half the teams going. At least it means that if you don't go up this year then with so many teams coming up it should be a fairly easy ride, hopefully you wont need another season!

It is an odd league. I also suspect that 6th - 9th go into a relegation play-off of sort with the western league. Odd system, and only 1 gets promoted :(

Cracking start to the season. I thought you'd struggle for this year at least tbh but looks like you are going to have a good season.

Have you asked the board to do anything like increase your junior coaching for example or brought in a HOYD to help you with this?

Cracking start to the season. I thought you'd struggle for this year at least tbh but looks like you are going to have a good season.

Have you asked the board to do anything like increase your junior coaching for example or brought in a HOYD to help you with this?

Cheers dude. Based off the clubs expectations I didn't think we would struggle. I have a pretty decent HOYD, but I won't be asking for any increases until next season.

SRL88's Career - November 2012 - Békéscsaba 1912 Elore SE

Nemzeti Bajnokság II

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule_zps0d9f7b6b.png

HungarianDivisionII-East_OverviewStages_zpsdfa2aa40.png

Another very solid month as we once again faced some very difficult fixtures, especially on our travels. Two 0-0 draws started the month off as we put in an excellent defensive display in each game, but that is not to say we weren't an attacking threat. Both sides had their chances but we cancelled each other out. We followed these two draws up with a solid win at home to Vac. We took a very early lead in the game but made things a lot harder for ourselves as we failed to seal the game. That was until very late on when Adam Viczian (YP1) sealed the game with a poachers effort. The month rounded off with a very solid win at home to Kazincbarcika. This was another game where we took an early lead before Viczian (YP1) found himself on the scoresheet again with a double in three minutes before half time. Although we conceded in the second period we were rarely troubled.

SRL88's Career - December 2012 - Békéscsaba 1912 Elore SE

Nemzeti Bajnokság II

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule-2_zps0bb27dfe.png

HungarianDivisionII-East_OverviewStages-2_zps2e3011ab.png

Just one game in the month and it came early on in December. It was a pretty tough game, but managed to battle our way to victory. An excellent strike from outside of the area by Norbert Varga gave us the three points to leave us sat three points off leaders Nyiregyhaza at the halfway mark.

We don't face a game now until the 2nd of March 2013 so we have a nice break until we face our next opponent.

Congrats on getting junior coaching upgraded. That league looks insane with how many get relegated!

Cheers dude. The league is a bit mad, but I suppose it can add to the excitement, although I would be furious if my team finished 9th out of 16 and got relegated :D.

Youth Intake 2012/13

StevenLongstaff_NewsInbox_zps3f2b8d9d.png

Those who stand-out:

Bela Gyomber - The youngest of the bunch. Could have a bright future ahead of him.

Zsolt Nanasi - A solid looking defender. His high determination will be a massive bonus for tutoring.

Andras Dlusztus - Another striker in the youth intake. I think he lacks strength though.

Peter Kalmar - The best player to come through this season. He definitely is going to be here for the long haul I think.

Looks a 2 way battle for the title already :thup: Glad you got your youth coaching done increased pretty early, I really do think it's worth the loss of money you may have in the short term for the long term benefits of it, especially in a save where your own intake is what you are reliant on.

Looks a 2 way battle for the title already :thup: Glad you got your youth coaching done increased pretty early, I really do think it's worth the loss of money you may have in the short term for the long term benefits of it, especially in a save where your own intake is what you are reliant on.

At the moment it is yeah.

Completely agree on the junior coaching. It is vastly needed for the future of the club.

Nanasi looks good, strength training focus for Dlusztus should be a must for a long time =)

I think all four could be players for the future, but you're right on the strength training :D.

SRL88's Career - March 2013 - Békéscsaba 1912 Elore SE

Nemzeti Bajnokság II

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule_zps5cbbfe89.png

HungarianDivisionII-East_OverviewStages_zps2a7396b5.png

We're on a really long unbeaten run, but draws are costing us dearly. The month started with a game which swung this way and that on more than one occasion. Both sides took the lead, then were pegged back as the game went both ways. In the end though, we found the decisive goal in the 82nd minute to give us the three points. We followed it up with a disappointing draw, especially when you take into account that we were two goals up very early on. We got back to winning ways with a comfortable win over Ferencvaros II before two draws which have left things looking very difficult for us. We took the lead in both games through Adam Viczian (YP1) and just as it looked like we were heading for three points in both games, we let our opponents back into the game by conceding sloppy goals. We did end the month with a win where we once again allowed a 1-0 lead to slip but fought on to grab in important win.

Archived