Two things that really annoy me

Hi,

Ok, im not sure if these are bugs, intended or just me being really unlucky. Assuming bugs, so I guess i should put this in a different section, but im interested to know how many people experience this.

First. Almost every time i make all my substitutions before the 75th minutte, i get a player injured. Did it four times the past season, with three injuries to follow. This has been an issue for me in past FM games as well.

Second. I play lower league, with some of my players on non contract, and this season, i have had to resign the exact same non contract with the same player every week, to prevent another club signing him. The one time i forgot to do so, he left me for the other club. Did something i never do, and reloaded, asked him to resign, and he did. Absolutely ridiculous I have to keep doing this every single week! I'm just glad its only one player, imagine if it was half my team.

Am I the only one this is happening to?

Players are more likely to get injured later in a match as their condition is lower. Also, how many real life managers make all three subs before 75 minutes? A lot less than you'd think.

Simple answer is to save one sub just in case.

I'd be interested to see some actual figures here, like in how many games in a full season did you make all 3 subs before 75 mins and in how many of those did an injury occur after the 75th minute, compared to how many games you didn't make all 3 subs and got an injury after the 75th minute.

For the first, are you suggesting that SI deliberately code the game to punish you for making early subs? If you aren't, then you seem to be asking them to make players less likely to get injured after all the subs have been used early in the game. I quite regularly use my three subs early, sometimes I get an injury and have to play with ten. My fault, I gambled and lost. This also happens to the AI, I played a game against 8 men for the last 5 minutes recently after the opponent had a rash of injuries after using their subs.

For the second, give them a part time contract or live with it. He must be doing well for you, otherwise you wouldn't be resigning him so regularly, so why wouldn't other teams look at him? If he was at the other team, would you keep trying to get him?

I have normally made all three subs long before 75 minutes (I'll often have made three subs by the hour mark in an effort to change the game, give fringe playesr game time or rest key players) in every game, and very very rarely does a player get injured after I have used all three of my subs.

For the second, give them a part time contract or live with it. He must be doing well for you, otherwise you wouldn't be resigning him so regularly, so why wouldn't other teams look at him? If he was at the other team, would you keep trying to get him?

I think the point is more that he has to offer him the contract every week to keep the guy. The player is obviously happy were he is since he keeps accepting the OP's non-contract over someone else's non-contract. The logical thing that should be happening is the guy simply turning the other team down.

I think the point is more that he has to offer him the contract every week to keep the guy. The player is obviously happy were he is since he keeps accepting the OP's non-contract over someone else's non-contract. The logical thing that should be happening is the guy simply turning the other team down.

Yeah, true, it's a bit like the situation with coaches needing to be offered a new deal when someone else approaches them.

To answer some questions.

Kenco: yea those are good points, i dont have numbers, but it just seems odd that it happens so often, when i do make all my subs before the 75th minutte. I know real life managers usually spend one or even two of their subs after that time, however sometimes too many of my players are just playing too terrible, and i need a goal, so i want to sub. this is something that also happens to real managers.

johnhughthom: I am not suggesting they do it deliberately just to annoy me, or punish me for making early subs. I am suggesting the it might be something that needs balancing, or a bug of sorts. Not that much into game coding to tell if there is a chance for this or not. Regarding my player, i cant sign a part time contract, he's only interested in a non contract, and as Männ said, the point is i have to keep offering him a new non-contract every week. With any luck i'll get a promotion this season, and hopefully this wont be an issue anymore :)

There is one aspect of the injuries issue that does bug me, a couple of times I've had to finish a game with ten men after a player came off injured, but after the game there was no information on it, he was fine and it was just a knock. One of these cost me a place in a cup final, as I was 2-0 up going into the final 15 minutes and ended up drawing 2-2, drawing 1-1 in the second leg and going out on away goals.

That's more an issue with the inury module though, which in my opinion is simply not fit for purpose.

Hi,

Ok, im not sure if these are bugs, intended or just me being really unlucky. Assuming bugs, so I guess i should put this in a different section, but im interested to know how many people experience this.

First. Almost every time i make all my substitutions before the 75th minutte, i get a player injured. Did it four times the past season, with three injuries to follow. This has been an issue for me in past FM games as well.

Second. I play lower league, with some of my players on non contract, and this season, i have had to resign the exact same non contract with the same player every week, to prevent another club signing him. The one time i forgot to do so, he left me for the other club. Did something i never do, and reloaded, asked him to resign, and he did. Absolutely ridiculous I have to keep doing this every single week! I'm just glad its only one player, imagine if it was half my team.

Am I the only one this is happening to?

I don't experience the same as you after making subs and my lower league club save is with a pro team so it doesn't happen to me

I am 100% sure the first one is a nonsense, and in any case it is categorically not a bug. It amazes me the amount of people who write this. The answer is simple, if you make three subs you run the risk of not being able to sub an injured player. It doesn't happen to me at all too often, which leads me to conclude it is just people remembered frustrating incidents more than the normal ones. THe injury model needs reworked, but not at all for the 'reason' you give.

The second one, I agree completely.

I agree with Herbert, yes you do get players injured if you make your 3 subs but these have been rare occasions, annoying but rare. Another one, specially if you are playing non league and decide to omit a second GK in your 5 subs, is that you may end up with a defender or striker in goal when your GK goes off injured. Annoying, rarely happens, but you tend to remember these valuable lessons more vividly...

Of course the other problem with this is that some lower league players simply refuse to sign a part-time contract, so you're forced to keep offering them a non-contract. A bit daft really - even with other commitments you would expect any player to want to be paid every week rather than on appearance and goals.

I use all 3 subs at 60 minutes every single game. In over 20 seasons, I average 1-2 times per season of getting an injury after that time. Way too low if anything.
You obviously haven't had it happen in an important match. Once it has happened in an important match then it has officially happened in every match ever

You obviously haven't had it happen in an important match. Once it has happened in an important match then it has officially happened in every match ever

If that one is ment for me, then it never happened in any importent matches, since i know there is a decent (read: good) chance, a player will get injured i never take that risk.

If i wasent so lazy i would start a game, with the sole purpose of testing this.

If that one is ment for me, then it never happened in any importent matches, since i know there is a decent (read: good) chance, a player will get injured i never take that risk.

If i wasent so lazy i would start a game, with the sole purpose of testing this.

It was not at all meant for just you, as indeed many a frustrated player has falsely cried foul after being the victim of a mere twist of fate.

Please do conduct a thorough test of this, the thought of someone wasting their time on such a pathetic endeavour cheers me up

Archived