The Ballad of Jack Wilshere...

This sucks. In my Arsenal save he was quite possibly the best player in the world at 23. By 26 injuries had wrecked him completely (4 torn hamstrings in 2 seasons - 3 months a pop). By 28 he was so useless I barely played him anymore so he came to me telling me he wanted to leave the club to "Seek a new challenge." He turned down PSG, Sevilla, Napoli, Galatasary and Tottenham to sign for...West Brom...

Has anyone had him where he didn't succumb to injuries (almost all of which were on frickin England duty I might add)? How good did he turn out to be.

I think he's fine if you make sure not to overuse him. But he is an injury prone player so luck is always going to be a factor.

For me he has:

apps(sub) gls/assists:
2012/13: 25(11)      9/11
2013/14: 42( 6)     17/13
2014/15: 50         12/25 Transfer to Liverpool (15.5m Euro + Raheem Sterling)
2015/16: 24(18)     15/10
2016/17: 31( 9)     12/12
2017/18: 31( 6)     16/ 4
2018/19: 39( 8)     21/ 6
2019/20: 35( 5)     11/ 3 
2020/21: 10( 5)      1/ 3 (in November 2020)

Injuries
2012/13: 6 days
2013/14: 4 weeks
2014/15: 2 weeks
2015/16: 4 weeks
2016/17: 3 months + 3 weeks
2017/18: 4 weeks
2018/19: None
2019/20: None
2020/21: None (in November 2020)

I've got to 2025 as Arsenal Manager (on hold at the moment due to my second crash dump enforced break) and Wilshere has been a regular in my team all that time. He's played around 30 league games a season and only suffered 3 injuries that have kept him out for over a month.

In 2019 i moved to real madrid. Needed to rebuild a side, had lots of money to spend. He was my first signing. Well him and Ericksen. Oscar arrived later too add competition, but when he plays well, we always win. He just makes us tick.

I don't like the way injuries are done in the game, I mean Bale and RVP are always injured long term in any game i've started. RVP hasn't been injured in pretty much 2 years and Bale is very rarely out. Injury prone should be dynamic in some way. Wilshere isn'[t injury prone in any way in real life, he's had 1 serious injuy.

I don't like the way injuries are done in the game, I mean Bale and RVP are always injured long term in any game i've started. RVP hasn't been injured in pretty much 2 years and Bale is very rarely out. Injury prone should be dynamic in some way. Wilshere isn'[t injury prone in any way in real life, he's had 1 serious injuy.

Trouble is you have to remember that Wilshires period out was down to injury on top of injury on top of injury, everytime he got near fitness he got injured again, therefore I would say he is injury prone...

Trouble is you have to remember that Wilshires period out was down to injury on top of injury on top of injury, everytime he got near fitness he got injured again, therefore I would say he is injury prone...
I agree, at the very least he has had 2 serious injuries, even though it was techinically the same thing.

His career could go either way, and this seems to be adequately represented by FM, with most people reporting he's fine, and a few saying he is wrecked. Sounds like around the same percentage chance to me. It is still frustrating when something like a 3 month injury knocks down your players PA though, but I agree when it happens for longer ones.

what is his injury proneness?

i have similar problems with

C055A8DA8F0BA155464B76961122C4F83433BFE3

only injury proneness of 14, lucky I manage England so can keep that side of the injures under control. only had him complete back to back games for the first time recently, every other time he gets a gash, or a bruise midway through the first half, gets frustrating.

Having played now to 2022 I have come to notice that torn hamstrings specifically are brutally punishing to PA. More so seemingly than other injuries. Every time I have a potentially great player whose ability just seems to evorate - and it has happened a few times - there always seem to be a couple of torn hamstrings at the center of it.

He's cracking on my game.

Ive just taken over as England manager, and at 30 he is still the best English player in the squad.

He stayed at Arsenal all his career and has been their main man all that time. (It took Wenger's retirement for Arsenal to start being successful though...)

i used a rotation policy in FM12 when on my blackpool save to manage the known injury magnet of Wilfried, it works, until injuries force you to play players you wouln't normally play, making more injures.

that isn't as bad for me in FM13. it is just happening randomly, not because of any reason like fitness due to games.

WilshereAtt_zpsd3dda89f.jpg

WilshereHist_zps8ca2044d.jpg

wilshereinjru_zps2156c53c.jpg

Obviously his physical attributes are on the decline now but he's still a fantastic player, as you can see he had a few injuries from 2016-2018 but overall turned out world class. All AI trained I never managed him at all.

Jesus Christ, you sure you had no hand in that? What a career!

All just luck and numbers I guess. In the above poster's ^ game he somehow went 4 years without a single injury of any kind. I was lucky if he went 4 months. Although I still maintain that in my experience Torn Hamstring specifically does farr too much damage to PA this year.

Archived