Modern Warfare 442

Do you just set marking to zonal in team settings, or do you set all the players to zonal, because the full backs and centre mids are manually set to man mark which does not change when you change to zonal in team settings. Also as said previously, when you say you changed defensive slider to default, do you mean you set defensive line to the middle, or do you mean you unticked it so it changes depending on philosophy? because there is a big difference.

I tried it with all players set to zonal and defensive line unticked. Early results were very good. Will continue to test later

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been struggling with FM13 since the new patch, everything I tried nothing was consistent...creating my own tactics... downloading tactics.... tweaking downloading tactics...found this when I was Swansea after just being relegated from Premiership and this is by far the most consistent tactic I have used, I dont use shouts just did what it says above with changing the marking to zonal and the defend slider to halfway, the only thing I change is when I am away against a team better or on the same level as me I change the style to Fluid and the Strategy to control. I am now second in the leaugue I went 18 games unbeaten and the tactic plays some of the best football I have seen, this will only get better with the standard of players I get when I get promoted....*****HIGHLY RECCOMENDED*****

I've found that simply changing the cm (AP) duty to attack from support makes a big difference. Am going to try switching the strikers to DLF and Poacher too as I think it will open things up around the box. I'm finding that its getting overloaded at the moment and forcing long shots.

Made a few tweaks and went more attacking and it is working amazing for me on the latest patch. Won the championship in season 1 with Derby with 97 points, scoring about 120 goals, then in season 2 (first in the prem) I got a transfer budget of 5 million and 260k wage budget which is tiny. I was dead cert relegation fodder.

This is my team and this is how the season ended :D;)

2iidahy.png

18ddg1.png

Billy Sharp was prem top scorer, the tactic is very attacking so if you have a bad game away to the likes of Man City, expect to get tonked, but for me the way goals fly in from everywhere more than makes up for the odd heavy defeat, especially if I can win the league with a squad like this!!! Bit pissed off I only signed Sharp on loan when I could have paid 2.5 million for him, now Southampton want 12 million lol

Just thought I would share this to show that this tactic does still work.

Made a few tweaks and went more attacking and it is working amazing for me on the latest patch. Won the championship in season 1 with Derby with 97 points, scoring about 120 goals, then in season 2 (first in the prem) I got a transfer budget of 5 million and 260k wage budget which is tiny. I was dead cert relegation fodder.

This is my team and this is how the season ended :D;)

2iidahy.png

18ddg1.png

Billy Sharp was prem top scorer, the tactic is very attacking so if you have a bad game away to the likes of Man City, expect to get tonked, but for me the way goals fly in from everywhere more than makes up for the odd heavy defeat, especially if I can win the league with a squad like this!!! Bit pissed off I only signed Sharp on loan when I could have paid 2.5 million for him, now Southampton want 12 million lol

Just thought I would share this to show that this tactic does still work.

What tweaks exactly did you make? Very nice results there!

What tweaks exactly did you make? Very nice results there!

Oops, forgot to mention those. I set team marking to zonal, every players individual marking to zonal, unticked the defensive line and set the strategy to "Overload" (this made a big difference) Oh and I changed the corner aim to "near post" although this did not seem to make a huge difference but I did score 12 goals from corners over the season.

Pre match training was set to teamwork and on 1 click from the right of the training bar once tactic was fluid. General training was set to balanced but I had all my players on individual training anyway.

For some reason my centre backs got crazy ratings. Oh and fast defenders are a must as the defensive line will be pushed right up. I would not try this with slow CB's.

Oops, forgot to mention those. I set team marking to zonal, every players individual marking to zonal, unticked the defensive line and set the strategy to "Overload" (this made a big difference) Oh and I changed the corner aim to "near post" although this did not seem to make a huge difference but I did score 12 goals from corners over the season.

Pre match training was set to teamwork and on 1 click from the right of the training bar once tactic was fluid. General training was set to balanced but I had all my players on individual training anyway.

For some reason my centre backs got crazy ratings. Oh and fast defenders are a must as the defensive line will be pushed right up. I would not try this with slow CB's.

If you look at the bottom of the first page you'll see that I mentioned doing well with overload and unticking defensive line. Might test if for a longer period of time now that I see someone else doing well. Did you change tempo at all? Also away at teams like Man U, City and the like did you still do well with Overload?

If you look at the bottom of the first page you'll see that I mentioned doing well with overload and unticking defensive line. Might test if for a longer period of time now that I see someone else doing well. Did you change tempo at all? Also away at teams like Man U, City and the like did you still do well with Overload?

Nice, didn't realise you went overload, just thought you left it attacking, but yeah it seems to work well. My results away vs the top teams were as follows........

Spurs away 1-1 draw

Man Utd away 2-6 loss

Liverpool away 1-2 loss

Man City away 2-3 loss

Chelsea away 3-1 win

Arsenal away 1-1 draw

So only 1 win amongst those but only really the Man Utd game that I got outplayed but I mean you would expect to lose all those games with the team I had. Losing by 1 goal away to those sides I think is pretty good. I beat them all at home by the way.

Didn't change tempo. Played overload every game.

Nice, didn't realise you went overload, just thought you left it attacking, but yeah it seems to work well. My results away vs the top teams were as follows........

Spurs away 1-1 draw

Man Utd away 2-6 loss

Liverpool away 1-2 loss

Man City away 2-3 loss

Chelsea away 3-1 win

Arsenal away 1-1 draw

So only 1 win amongst those but only really the Man Utd game that I got outplayed but I mean you would expect to lose all those games with the team I had. Losing by 1 goal away to those sides I think is pretty good. I beat them all at home by the way.

Didn't change tempo. Played overload every game.

Good stuff. Yeh saw from the league that you lost 4 games and guessed it was the big teams that did that. Just was curious if you tried to counter them specifically at all.

I'll revisit the overload approach for a prolonged period and see how I get on. Good too see someone else doing well with it as I said. Cheers.

Pre match training was set to teamwork and on 1 click from the right of the training bar once tactic was fluid. General training was set to balanced but I had all my players on individual training anyway.Can you upload your tactic

Could you upload your tactic please

Looking forward to trying this out tonight Rich, won championship with Boro and just about to start first season in prem. If i do half as well as your Derby side i'll be happy! Will report back.

Did you win the championship with Boro using this version? Or was that with a different tactic?

I just finished my second season and finished with exactly the same record, 81 points, 25 wins, 6 draws, 7 defeats. I scored 7 more goals and conceded 10 more than the previous season. Unfortunately Man City had a great season and won the league with 90 points, I came second. I lost in the semi final of the champions league to Marseille of all teams!, lost in the FA Cup final to Tottenham 1-0 and lost to Man Utd in the league cup final 3-2 but I had 10 men for half that game.

Not bad considering I only signed 7 players at a cost of 8.5 million and only 3 of those played regularly in the first team, on top of this I lost the left back I had on loan the previous season and had to replace him for a worse one who cost me 1.3 million.

Remember I had a very small squad and it was really tough with so many games to play to keep them fit enough so most of my players during the season missed 8-10 of the 38 league games played and a lot of the time they played less than 90% fit and my reserve players were nothing but championship quality or up and coming youth players.

For next season I have been given a 35 million transfer budget and a 825k wage budget, which is double my current wage bill of 400k, so I am hoping if I sell a couple of my over valued players and raise another 10 million, I can really strengthen the team for this coming season and do more damage on the trophy front.

Been trying your tactic with QPR rich. The only signings I have made are Wellingtom nem and Ademilson.

What do you think of this line up in reference to what attributes are required for the positions in the tactic?

DR Bosingwa

DC Smba

DC Mbia

DL Fabio

MR Nem

MCR Tarabt

MCL Diakite

ML Hoilett

CF Remy

AF Ademilson

Been trying your tactic with QPR rich. The only signings I have made are Wellingtom nem and Ademilson.

What do you think of this line up in reference to what attributes are required for the positions in the tactic?

DR Bosingwa

DC Smba

DC Mbia

DL Fabio

MR Nem

MCR Tarabt

MCL Diakite

ML Hoilett

CF Remy

AF Ademilson

Looks a good side to me. Just a few things though......... Not sure if Taarabt will work as MCR, I had Will Hughes and although he was great attacking and scored and created goals he also did a fair bit of work in the midfield chasing down the ball etc, not sure Taarabt will do that but it might work. You have a right footed winger on the left and a left footed one on the right, I am not sure how that will work as mine have always been right footed on right and left on left although they do cut inside a bit, they create a fair few goals from crossing from the byline. Maybe look for a more creative CF as Gabbiadini for me plays lots of one twos and through balls for my side. In general though, that side is much better than mine was when I won the league so you should do fine. Taarabt would be my main concern.

Bought in a few new players, 7 new players in my starting 11 this season and 14 new players in total, still not world class but much better team now. Shelled out £35 million strengthening the squad but I actually sold 11 players for £51 million, so I have improved my team and made £15 million whilst doing it. Really getting some big results now, drew away at Real Madrid in champions league, beat PSG 5-0 and Shaktar 6-1, drew away at Man U in the league after being the better side and now just got this result in the league :D

a4q8gj.png

Bought in a few new players, 7 new players in my starting 11 this season and 14 new players in total, still not world class but much better team now. Shelled out £35 million strengthening the squad but I actually sold 11 players for £51 million, so I have improved my team and made £15 million whilst doing it. Really getting some big results now, drew away at Real Madrid in champions league, beat PSG 5-0 and Shaktar 6-1, drew away at Man U in the league after being the better side and now just got this result in the league :D

a4q8gj.png

Are you using shouts, changing tactics or anyting during the match?

Just rotate when needed, try to only play players who are 90% fit or higher, and tick the rest after match box in training.

Have played 8 games so far with Spurs. I was over the moon winning the first 5 games. Lost the next three :-( Maybe a morale problem after the first loss? Lost away to Norwich, Tranmere and Man City.

Can happen like that, you get blips with all tactics. Maybe overconfident away at Norwich, anyone can lose to anyone away from home. At the start of season one I would expect results to vary a bit as you are a new manager and some of the players will need time to gel etc Losing to Man City is no shock, they have one of the best teams in the game and have a weird formation which is hard to counter. As for Tranmere! That I cannot explain lol

Did you get outplayed against Norwich? If you had more shots etc then you can just put it down to a bad day in front of goal, nothing you can do about that, but if Norwich outplayed you then it may just be a blip in form which always happens at some point (usually in January for me). Stick with it but don't put pressure on them away from home. It is a very attacking tactic and you have to be prepared that if your players have a bad day then you are going to get beat. It is basically a matter of scoring more than your opponents which I find is more fun than 0-0, 1-0, 2-1 every game. I can stand the odd beating if I can paste teams 7-0 every few weeks.

Did you play reserves at Tranmere? For a league 1 side they have some very good players, I reckon I could win the championship with their team no problem even though it is a league higher. Not a walk over like most league 1 sides.

I have just started a save with Man Utd using this tactic.

Now I know testing any tactic with a top 4 team is pretty pointless, but I want to help develop this tactic as Rich has.

Obviously this tactic is very strong at home, but away it's not as strong. That is where I am looking to help.

I'm fiddling with the tactic to try and make an away version, something with the short intricate passing and link up play but without the risk of everyone throwing themselves forwars, leaving space at the back.

I know many people will have just changed the strategy to a lesser attacking one but this doesn't always work.

I beleive the most important thing for this tactic is for team cohesion to be as high as possible (players willing to die for each other)

I have tomorrow off work with no girlfriend around for the night so I'll put some real time into it.

I have just started a save with Man Utd using this tactic.

Now I know testing any tactic with a top 4 team is pretty pointless, but I want to help develop this tactic as Rich has.

Obviously this tactic is very strong at home, but away it's not as strong. That is where I am looking to help.

I'm fiddling with the tactic to try and make an away version, something with the short intricate passing and link up play but without the risk of everyone throwing themselves forwars, leaving space at the back.

I know many people will have just changed the strategy to a lesser attacking one but this doesn't always work.

I beleive the most important thing for this tactic is for team cohesion to be as high as possible (players willing to die for each other)

I have tomorrow off work with no girlfriend around for the night so I'll put some real time into it.

Nice, I think an away version would be good.

Last season

1Mab7we.jpg

This season so far

lZK2hZK.jpg

Fixtures

EVzVz4A.jpg

All I've done is change to zonal marking and added run with ball often to the AP-s.

The run with ball often will generally help open up the defences of teams that play 3 cbs, but also give 442-teams a lot of headace. You do need a great runner though, with pace, agility and passing skills.

I would say though that the efficiency of this tactic is very player-dependant and the right PPMs will give it a great boost.

I think a left footed on the left side wing and right footed on right side is the best option. If you have this then a fullback with the opposite preffered foot and good skills at running with the ball is extremely effective. If you change the wingers, you should look to change the fullbacks too. This can help open up teams if all else fails.

For the BMW I generally play a typical DLP, and sometime change him to this role too.

The CF-s is very tricky. I think there is a few player types that will do well though. My best success is with an AMC retrained to SC. He had drops deep, run with ball often, and tries killer balls PPM, coupled with skills to match. Such a player is rare though, so I've found a strong striker and with good jumping skills can do well, as well as a rounded striker, I.e. Samuele Longo from Inter. A left footed, creative striker and/or good runner of the ball can also be very good.

For the AF I would definitely pick a right footed player with good finishing skills. Both strikers-roles will benefit greatly from shoots with power-ppm if they have the correct skills, as this tactic forces play into the box and most of their chances will be very close to the goal and they don't tend to miss the goal so a powerful shot will make a big difference.

I let the assistant do the OI. Match training I use defensive positioning at 30%.

It will take a while to settle and for you to find the right players for it, but once you do it's gold. Not all players do well with the high tempo, especially some strikers struggle to cope with it. Also, I think the zonal marking makes a really big difference. I wouldn't deem it plug and play though, because if you start out with a low reputation club, the high d-line might get you into trouble, and changing the tactic to be defensive/counter strategy ruins the attacking efficiency of it. If you want to do that I suggest moving the BMW down into DMC and changing him to DLP. Remove the team settings for d-line, tempo and time wasting (but keep width) and play a direct game with less roaming&freedom. (you would need to also individually uncheck each players passing instructions), with the AF set as target man with run onto ball.

In general just moving the BMW down to DMC-position will help the defence alot, but only do it if you need to, i.e. end of games or away against a tough opponent.

I'm just about to start a new game and will try out the modified version of Modern Warfare. I'm putting a slight twist on the game by only allowing myself to sign English players! Might take a while to establish myself but feel it will be an interesting save.

I wouldn't recommend using shouts. The tactic has quite a few instruction set manually, specifically passing/crossing, team instructions and wide play. So shouts would likely change some things, but leave other things as they are and it would be a mess. If you want to use them though, you should familiarize yourself with the instruction that are set manually and make sure they don't conflict with the shouts.

Some thoughts on players and PPM

GK: In addition to common GK-skills. Look for good values in rushing out, positioning, decisions and anticipation. A good sweeper keeper will probably save you lots of goals.

RB/LB: Prioritize attacking skills, but be wary if you are a team expected to finish lower table as the fullbacks will have to do a lot of defending to do. For PPMs Man Utd's Fabio is an excellent guide. Playing him on the left back, he will score lots of goals coming inside. Gets in to opposition area, gets forwards whenever possible, plays one-twos, runs with ball often.

CBs: Defenders with high jumping will get high AVR, but if you can you should get all round defenders (+15 in jumping/pace/accel) and have at least one quick CB in your team. High aggression/brave ones with decent tackling will do well. Dives into tackles if he is not a dirty/temperamental player.

MR/ML: Pace dribbling and/or creativity. Running down the left/right for a good crosser or running down the center for a flairy player with finishing skills will work well, just know that the latter will change how he plays completely and perhaps limit the effectiveness of the attacking fullback. A good finisher will get lots of goals if he doesn't have conflicting PPMs Killer balls, if he has good enough skills for it will be good, though I would not recommend Get's forwards whenever possible/breaks offside traps, unless he is a very good crosser but poor finisher. As I said earlier left footer on left side and right on right side is the best option. I've had success with Lamela on the right, but he is rather the exception as he has lots of flair and is a great finisher. My most effective wingers with this tactic has been Wellington Nem and Walter Montillo (from Santos).

BMW: Look for a well rounded player that can create chances and win balls. PPMs: Killer balls, dictates tempo (if his decisions and creativity is high), plays one-twos.

APs: Focus on dribbling, agility, passing, creativity, composure, technique, but don't forget that this player will also be in position to win balls and tackle a lot too. Mateo Kovacevic has been fantastic here. His PPMs for me are Run with ball though center, killer balls, comes deep to get ball, plays one-twos, run with ball often.

CF-s: For a strong striker shoots with power is great. For a creative one: comes deep to get ball, run with ball through center, killer balls.

AF: Either go for a quick striker with dribbling skills, or well rounded one with strength, but enough pace to make him effective (i.e. + 13-14 for a top side). PPMs: Run with ball through center, Beats offside trap, shoots with power

Archived