The Commentators Curse: Volume 1 – The Battle of the ‘stans’ (Holiday / Sign Up

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great work as usual WW. Sorry about the less frequent replies by myself; work-related stress has been a bit more than usual and wanted. When I do have time, I do check this out a bit though; will do wages stuff in a minute. I'm interested in your new signup as well, if you have more info on it, I may very well be tempted to give it a go.

Hermandinho's looking good. Key player for Turkmenistan, though the move to Real Madrid is a bit of a surprise to me. I sort of thought that that 5yr deal meant that Hermandinho had found his true dream club, in the way that many of these wonderkid players seem to be exceedingly loyal to their clubs. I kinda doubt the wisdom of switching to such a lowly placed Madrid, though the games played in Milan may have something to do with it. Keep tabs on the standings in La Liga for me, please icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TeeWee:

Great work as usual WW. Sorry about the less frequent replies by myself; work-related stress has been a bit more than usual and wanted. When I do have time, I do check this out a bit though; will do wages stuff in a minute. I'm interested in your new signup as well, if you have more info on it, I may very well be tempted to give it a go.

Hermandinho's looking good. Key player for Turkmenistan, though the move to Real Madrid is a bit of a surprise to me. I sort of thought that that 5yr deal meant that Hermandinho had found his true dream club, in the way that many of these wonderkid players seem to be exceedingly loyal to their clubs. I kinda doubt the wisdom of switching to such a lowly placed Madrid, though the games played in Milan may have something to do with it. Keep tabs on the standings in La Liga for me, please icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cheers in advance for doing the financial stuff. icon14.gif

As for details about the new sign-up, the only thing I will say is that its completely different to this one! icon_biggrin.gif

I don't know when it will begin exactly, depends a lot on the release date of the 1st patch and Genie Scout. All I can advise is to keep your eyes peeled. icon14.gif

Right, a couple more updates this evening I think is the order of the day...

Here are the numbers, updated through to the last wage changes in feb.

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">£4.433.000 Pablo Gonzalez

£4.222.900 Selim Atas

£3.524.000 Samaras Taraldo

£3.163.400 Benj

£2.933.450 Mick Bubble (Was: Davo)

£2.869.200 Hermandinho

£2.762.700 Azeryk

£2.279.350 Professor Frink

£2.223.900 Alan

£2.036.530 Ryan

£1.985.250 Freealdinho

£1.868.800 Jacariah Birkinaldo

£1.840.500 Alvaro De Santiago

£1.827.800 Humphrey Koppers

£1.665.400 Gary McNeil (Was: Salman Al-Dahash)

£1.587.300 Turkus Mendieta

£1.466.400 Bill

£1.400.200 Gareth Davies (Was: Roberto Rossini)

£1.221.600 Ulfinus Chaoconov

£1.201.400 George Robson

£1.197.950 Marcus Cook (Was: Stelios)

£1.105.650 David Frketic (Was: Sam Taphouse)

£1.065.480 Bennitto Hagan (Was: Tomaldinho)

£861.850 Ghoolbi Dumats

£723.950 Zuvzonamin Lui

£595.150 Rhys Davies (Was: Fabiov Maldinov)

£508.900 Luke Swinson

£356.700 Mastinho (Was: El Loco Bartinho)

£282.750 Peter Slater (Was: Abullah Mohammed Ali Obeid)

£261.820 Elfdog

£248.220 Libertinho

£189.280 Habib Halali</pre>

Of course, this signup has a bit of a healthy competition between the two countries. Here's a graph that shows how the two countries are doing relative to each other.

Country comparisons

Tuesday 1st March 2011 – Monthly Review for February 2011

Wigan manager Frank Yallop praised Azeryk for his fine recent form for Wigan in the English Championship.

Bill has been criticised for his recent poor form by his manager at Lazio. Bill admits that he has played poorly recently.

Mick Bubble has been praised by Frank Rijkaard for his recent good form for AC Milan.

Arsenal has won the English League Cup after beating Leeds 3-1 in the final. Rhys Davies & Gareth Davies (Both 7) played in the match, although Gareth Davies came off injured after 41 minutes.

After praising Prof Frink last month, David Moyes has come out and criticised his partner at the back Turkus Mendieta for a couple of poor games during the last month.

Samaras Taraldo has been rewarded for his good form this season by signing a new 4 year contract with Man Utd worth £13m, which works out at £50,000 per week, thus making him become the highest paid player from either Kyrgyzstan or Turkmenistan.

Luke Swinson has dislocated his jaw and will be out of action for most of March.

Ghoolbi Dumats is wanted by Aston Villa.

Azeryk is wanted by Man City.

Freealdinho has twisted his knee and will be out for up to 3 more weeks. He has still yet to sign a new contract with Man Utd.

The World Rankings for February were released on the 16th of the month:

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Turkmenistan 21st (1110 points) Up 3 places

Kyrgyzstan 28th (922 points) Up 4 places

</pre>

Tuesday 1st March 2011 – Monthly Review for February 2011

Wigan manager Frank Yallop praised Azeryk for his fine recent form for Wigan in the English Championship.

Bill has been criticised for his recent poor form by his manager at Lazio. Bill admits that he has played poorly recently.

Mick Bubble has been praised by Frank Rijkaard for his recent good form for AC Milan.

Arsenal has won the English League Cup after beating Leeds 3-1 in the final. Rhys Davies & Gareth Davies (Both 7) played in the match, although Gareth Davies came off injured after 41 minutes.

After praising Prof Frink last month, David Moyes has come out and criticised his partner at the back Turkus Mendieta for a couple of poor games during the last month.

Samaras Taraldo has been rewarded for his good form this season by signing a new 4 year contract with Man Utd worth £13m, which works out at £50,000 per week, thus making him become the highest paid player from either Kyrgyzstan or Turkmenistan.

Luke Swinson has dislocated his jaw and will be out of action for most of March.

Ghoolbi Dumats is wanted by Aston Villa.

Azeryk is wanted by Man City.

Freealdinho has twisted his knee and will be out for up to 3 more weeks. He has still yet to sign a new contract with Man Utd.

The World Rankings for February were released on the 16th of the month:

Turkmenistan 21st (1110 points) Up 3 places

Kyrgyzstan 28th (922 points) Up 4 places

</pre>

Friday 1st April 2011 – Monthly Review for March 2011

Games Played Stats

Kyrgyzstan Players

Turkmenistan Players

League Tables

Belgium - First Division

England - Premiership

England - Championship

Germany - First Division

Italy - Serie A

Spain - La Liga

Hugo Sanchez has left Calgari to become the new manager of PSG. However, it wasn’t long before Ryan had a new permanent boss, with Sven Goran Eriksson joining the club just 3 days later.

Jacariah Birkinaldo is currently tutoring Dumitru Ionescu, a young Romanian centre back who has just joined Liverpool.

Prof Frink has twisted his ankle and will be out for the whole of April possibly.

Zuvzonamin Lui has sprained his wrist and will be out for a further 2 weeks.

With no new contract being offered from Man Utd, Tottenham and Bayern Munich are starting to become interested in Freealdinho.

Rhys Davies has again been praised by Arsene Wenger for his good form between the sticks. Rhys Davies has said that he is under no illusions though, he feels he can improve further on his current form.

Gareth Davies is currently recovering from a groin strain. He is out of action for a further week.

The World Rankings for March were released and neither Kyrgyzstan or Turkmenistan changed their place in the rankings.

The top 5 are currently Brazil, Germany, Spain, United States of America and Argentina. Yes that is right, the United States are ranked 4th in the world!!! icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

8 games, 8 points behind in 5th. Real has a fighting chance, but it's going to be tough.

I see 11 games played. How many of those have been at Real since Hermandinho switched? What's the competition in Madrid?

Always curious, sorry WW icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TeeWee:

8 games, 8 points behind in 5th. Real has a fighting chance, but it's going to be tough.

I see 11 games played. How many of those have been at Real since Hermandinho switched? What's the competition in Madrid?

Always curious, sorry WW icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

All those games are the Real Madrid ones, you played 10 matches at AC Milan earlier in the season at an average rating of 8.10!!! icon_cool.gif

Competition for places at centreback at Real Madrid is quite tough. There is Vidic, Boulahrouz, Metzelder, Ramos (though he mainly plays at RB) and a young regen. There seems to be quite a bit of rotation among the centre backs though.

Sunday 1st May 2011 – Monthly Review for April 2011

Freealdinho has rejected yet another contract offer from Man Utd. With 2 months to go until it expires, it looks like he is set to move on.

Javier Aguirre has come out with praise again for Samaras Taraldo, who has responded in agreement about his recent good form.

Javier Aguirre has not been saving the praise just for his own players. He has also complimented Benj of Chelsea for his excellent performance (8 rating, MOM) in their recent 2-2 draw. Benj snubbed this praise.

With 2 games of the English Premiership still to go, both Middlesbrough and West Ham have been relegated.

At the other end of the table Liverpool lead Arsenal by one point going into the last 2 games, but Arsenal have the easier of the remaining fixtures:

Penultimate Weekend Final Weekend

Arsenal v Leeds (10th) Blackburn (15th) v Arsenal

Newcastle (3rd) v Liverpool Liverpool v Man Utd (12th)

</pre>

The shock of the season though could be that Chelsea and Man Utd BOTH miss out on European football next season!!!

Over in Serie A in Italy, Fiorentina lead Inter Milan by 1 point and Lecce + Palermo by 2 points with 5 games of the season to go. AC Milan are a further 2 points behind in 5th place, so it looks like the title in Italy will also go right to the wire.

In Spain Barcelona lead by 6 points with 4 games of the season to go and look odds on favourites to become champions, with Humphrey Koppers winning a league winners medal in his first season with the Catalan club.

On the European football scene, the Champions League KO stages look like this, with the 2nd leg of the Semi Finals coming soon, with Arsenal and Liverpool both having home matches:

Champions League Knockout Tree

In the UEFA Cup, the semi final line up looks like this. Barcelona and Man Utd were both knocked out back in the Q-Finals:

UEFA Cup Semi Finals

The initial rounds of the Olympic 2012 Qualifiers have been completed and Kyrgyzstan + Turkmenistan now know who they will face in the 2nd KO Round:

Kyrgyzstan v Iraq

Turkmenistan v India

</pre>

The 2 legged-tie will take place in September 2011.

Finally, the World Rankings for April have been released and for the first time ever, both nations are in the top 27. Why is this important?! It means for the first time both nations appear on the top screenshot of nations:

World Rankings - The Top 27

One piece of bemuzing info – for the last month you saw my note that the USA were ranked 4th in the World, look at their ranking now!! FIFA Rankings eh!!! icon_rolleyes.gif

Up next in the next couple of days will be the last ever The Stanlies Cup, followed by an update of what happened in May and then the Asian Nations Cup.

Saturday 21st May 2011 Update

Liverpool has edged Arsenal to the English Premiership by 1 point, despite both teams losing their last games of the season. Alan scored twice a 2-1 win over Newcastle in the penultimate round of games which proved crucial to their title win.

English Premiership

With Chelsea finishing 9th and Man Utd 10th, both miss out on European football next season!

Tottenham (Prem) play Preston (Champ) in the FA Cup Final held on this very day.

Marcus Cook and Charlton have won the English Championship, with Marcus Cook notching 16 goals in 29 games for the champs. Wigan (and maybe Azeryk) will play in the Playoff Final on Sunday 22nd May.

English Championship

Barcelona has won La Liga in Spain by 7 points, with Koppers picking up a winners medal.

Spain - La Liga

A couple of days after the end of the Spanish League Season, Koppers signed a new 5 year contract with Barcelona worth £11million.

Mick Bubble was an unused sub, but still picked up a winners medal as AC Milan beat Sevilla 4-3 on penalties in the UEFA Cup Final, after a 1-1 draw after extra time.

UEFA Cup Final

The Stanlies Cup Call-ups

For the 1st Stanlies Cup competition with both sides having new managers:

Kyrgyzstan have called up their 13 fit superstars, with Freealdinho, Lui & Mastinho out injured.

Turkmenistan have called up 14 superstars, with Ghoolbi Dumats out injured and Rhys Davies just being left out.

Kyrgyzstan v Turkmenistan

Sat 21st April: The Stanlies Cup 2011 1st Leg

Kyrgyzstan Pre Match Line Up

Kyrgyzstan field 11 superstars in their 4-4-2 starting line up, with Alan as captain and Jacariah Birkinaldo as the key man. On the bench is Azeryk + Habib Halali.

Turkmenistan Pre Match Line Up

Turkmenistan field 9 superstars in their 3-5-2 starting line up, with Selim Atas as captain and Samaras Taraldo as the key man. On the bench is Luke Swinson, Peter Slater, Turkus Mendieta, Peter Slater + Ulfinus Chaoconov.

My Opinion

The last ever fully publicised Stanlies Cup will mean that both teams should hopefully try to go out with a bang and produce 2 exciting games, especially as they provide great warm up for the Asian Nations Cup in July. I predict Kyrgyzstan to win their home match but Turkmenistan to win the overall tie.

Both sides have early half chances. Ryan sees his freekick go straight at De Santiago, whilst Bennitto sees his header go straight at Elfdog at the other end.

25 minutes gone and Atas forces Elfdog to make a great save to his left after a counter attack by Turkmenistan.

Bill makes a deft header back into the path of an onrushing Ryan but the fullback’s shot goes high and wide.

Hermandinho picks up a yellow card after 41 minutes for holding onto the shirt of Alan.

HT: Kyrgyzstan 0 v 0 Turkmenistan

Half Time Match Stats

Half Time Player Ratings

The score doesn’t reflect the nature of the game. Plenty of shots for both teams, but yet no-one has broken the deadlock.

Turkmenistan makes 3 changes at halftime, with Koppers + Gareth Davies coming off and Swinson, Slater + Turkus Mendieta coming on. Kyrgyzstan remains unchanged.

Alan sees a 25 yard shot sail narrowly wide of the right hand post just 2 minutes into the 2nd half.

Turkmenistan make a further 2 subs after 60 minutes. Marcus Cook + Ulfinus Chaoconov coming onto the pitch, with Gonzalez being one of the men to make way.

Luke Swinson sees his shot goes miles wide after being played into a great position by Bennitto.

After 72 minutes Kyrgyzstan finally make some subs. Azeryk + Halali coming on for Ryan + Alan. A minute later and Libertinho is subbed for Turkmenistan.

Kyrgyzstan win a freekick on the edge of the area after 80 minutes. After a couple of substitutions with Bill + George Robson making way, David Frketic steps up to take it. It deflects off the wall, but into the path of Azeryk who slots the ball home. But, it doesn’t count… he was apparently in an offside position when the freekick was taken.

A minute later and Elfdog makes a shocking shocking error, only to then cover himself in glory by pulling off a miraculous save. He boots a clearance straight at Marcus Cook, who 15 yards out looks certain to score, but Elfdog pulls off a great recovery save to prevent a goal.

De Santiago is forced to concede a corner from a stinging shot by Azeryk with just 5 minutes to go.

Azeryk sees a long shot go just over the bar during injury time.

Then with the last kick of the game, Azeryk misses one of the best chances of the game, put through by a ball over the top from Benj, he slices his shot and it goes high and wide.

FT: Kyrgyzstan 0 v 0 Turkmenistan

Match Overview

Kyrgyzstan Player Stats

Turkmenistan Player Stats

Not too sure how this stayed at nil-nil, as you can see from an inspection of the match stats. Still, leaves it all to play for in the 2nd leg.

MOM goes to Hermandinho for a solid performance at the back.

In other news...

Bayern Munich have won their 7th, yes 7th, consecutive German League Title. Cottbus, where Mastinho was on loan for the season finished 17th and were relegated. Good job he's going back to Lyon then!!!

Preston stunned the footballing world by beating Tottenham 2-1 in the FA Cup Final, thereby claiming a spot in the UEFA Cup next season. Preston lost in the Championship playoff semis this season.

Turkmenistan v Kyrgyzstan

Weds 25th May: The Stanlies Cup 2011 2nd Leg

Turkmenistan Pre Match Line Up

Turkmenistan start the 2nd leg with 9 superstars on the pitch in a 3-5-2 formation, with Selim Atas as captain and Samaras Taraldo as key man. On the bench are Marcus Cook, Peter Slater, Ulfinus Chaoconov, Luke Swinson + Humphrey Koppers.

Kyrgyzstan Pre Match Line Up

Kyrgyzstan field the same starting line-up as from the 1st leg, so 11 superstars start in a 4-4-2 formation. On the bench are Azeryk + Habib Halali. The captain is Alan and the key man is Jacariah Birkinaldo.

My Opinion

The first leg was very tight and this game will probably be the same, but I think Turkmenistan may edge it with home advantage.

David Frketic has the first close chance of the game, cutting in from the left flank before curling a shot just wide of the far post from outside the area.

Gonzalez forces Elfdog to tip a ferocious shot over the bar.

Mick Bubble runs down the right flank, plays the ball inside to Benj, who slides the ball intot he box for Alan, who hits a 1st time shot past De Santiago to give Kyrgyzstan the lead and a vital away goal. 0-1

Turkmenistan get right back into the game though, Birkinaldo was out of position which left Atas plenty of time and space to compose himself when he received the ball from Gareth Davies, before slotting it home past Elfdog. 1-1, 32 minutes gone.

Kyrgyzstan then go up the other end and score again. A lovely flowing move involving Benj, Bill + Gary McNeil, resulting in the latter crossing for Alan who glanced his shot past the keeper. 1-2, 39 minutes gone.

HT: Turkmenistan 1 v 2 Kyrgyzstan

Half Time Match Stats

Half Time Player Stats

What a difference from the 1st leg, both teams find their scoring boots.

Several substitutions at half time:

Turkmenistan make a triple substitution, with Swinson, Chaoconov and Slater coming on, with Gareth Davies the only superstar being replaced.

Kyrgyzstan make 1 sub as Halali comes on for Frketic as they change to a 3-3-2-1-1 formation.

Quiet start to the second half.

Turkmenistan make further changes with Marcus Cook + Koppers coming on, with Gonzalez + Turkus Mendieta making way after 58 minutes.

A couple of minutes later and Kyrgyzstan make 2 subs, Alan + McNeil coming off and Azeryk being brought on.

Benj makes a great interception just inside the Turkmenistan half, powers forward towards goal and unleashes a 30 yarder, which hits the outside of the post and goes out for a goalkick.

Azeryk collided with Hermandinho and the striker picked up a knock but can carry on.

Game on! 13 minutes to go and Peter Slater passes forward to Bennitto who spins on the ball and scores with a first time shot. 2-2.

Azeryk holds onto the ball for too long and loses possession, the ball is played forward to Peter Slater who drives forward who shooting just wide of the target.

Kyrgyzstan slow the game down and play for the final whistle.

FT: Turkmenistan 2 v 2 Kyrgyzstan

Match Overview

Turkmenistan Player Stats

Kyrgyzstan Player Stats

Gary McNeil wins the MOM award.

Kyrgyzstan regain The Stanlies Cup, winning on away goals after a 2-2 agg scoreline.

History of The Stanlies Cup:

2007 – Kyrgyzstan

2008 – Kyrgyzstan

2009 – Kyrgyzstan

2010 – Turkmenistan

2011 – Kyrgyzstan

Kyrgyzstan lead 4 to 1 against Turkmenistan in number of wins.

In other news…

The reason why Rhys Davies wasn’t involved in The Stanlies Cup this year is because Arsenal wanted him to play in the Champions League Final, which was held today between Arsenal and Liverpool.

In a mini repeat of the UEFA Cup final, the Champions League Final was won by Arsenal, beating Liverpool 5-3 on penalties after a 1-1, with Rhys Davies starting and playing throughout in goal for Arsenal.

Thursday 1st June 2011 – Monthly Review for May 2011

The World Rankings for May were released pre-Stanlies Cup. With hardly any changes in the Top 30, with Turkmenistan moving up one palce to 20th and Denmark moving down a place to 21st.

Despite Wigan winning the Chmpionship playoff final, Azeryk has spoken to a reporter outside the club’s training ground and stated his ambition to play for a bigger club in the near future. A few days later he rejected a new contract offer from Wigan and looks to be on his way out.

Great news for the Liverpool lads Alan + Birkinaldo. Both have been handed new contracts with the club, Birkinaldo putting pen to paper on a new 3 year £5m contract, with Alan signing a £9m contract which will keep him at the club for 4 seasons.

Despite Serie A being so close with a handful of games to go, Inter Milan romped the last 5 games to win the league by 2 points from Fiorentina and by 7 points from 3rd placed Palermo. AC Milan sneaked 4th place on the last day of the season. Lecce, who were just 2 points off top spot and in 4th with 5 games to go had a miserable end to the season, picking up 2 /15 points and dropping to 7th.

Both Alvaro De Santiago + Gary McNeil pick up winners medals for being the League Champions.

Italy - Serie A

Marcus Cook is wanted by Liverpool.

Samaras Taraldo is wanted by Real Madrid.

Gareth Davies is wanted by Juventus.

Bennitto Hagan is wanted by Valencia.

Pablo Gonzalez is wanted by Inter Milan, Aston Villa, Liverpool & Cagliari.

Freealdinho is wanted by Lyon, AC Milan, Bayern Munich & Fiorentina.

Games Played Stats

Turkmenistan Players

Kyrgyzstan Players

At this time of the season I normally produce by annual summary and player profiles. However, as this is the last season I am fully publishing of the sign and that the Asian Nations Cup is just around the corner, I will produce this section after the international tournament. icon14.gif

Great update WW, Long will the Stanlies be remembered. The final one might have been the best.

I see that Elfdog still has the best match rating for any of the Kyrgyzstan players, woo hoo. More playing time would have been a lot better, but with Lui hurt, could get all I need during the Asian Tournament.

KUTGW WW

WW's FM2008 Sign Up Reservation List

With the updates for this sign-up likely to continue for about one more week, I felt now would be a good time to set up the reservation list for you guys who want to do my FM2008 sign up. Whilst my new sign-up won't go 'live' until a patch is released, I'm making an educated guess that a patch will probably be issued within the next 2 weeks.

If you want to be a part of the next sign-up of mine, please choose which country you wish to be associated with and put your forum username on the applicable list. Obviously I will need a lot more details from you once I post the new thread up, but for now that is all I need:

Czech Rep

1)

2)

3)

4)

Greece

1)

2)

3)

4)

Ireland

1)

2)

3)

4)

Switzerland

1)

2)

3)

4)

Ukraine

1)

2)

3)

4)

Wales

1)

2)

3)

4)

Please only put your name down if you have been involved in this sign-up, other people willing to join will have their chance at a later date. icon14.gificon_smile.gif

Details of what this sign-up is about will be released at a later date. icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Czech Rep

1)Slater

2)Masters66

3)

4)

Greece

1) Benjaminoo

2)

3)

4)

Ireland

1)

2)

3)

4)

Switzerland

1)

2)

3)

4)

Ukraine

1)

2)

3)

4)

Wales

1)

2)

3)

4) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've put Slater in it as well icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Czech Rep

1) Slater

2) Masters66

3)

4)

Greece

1) Benjaminoo

2)

3)

4)

Ireland

1)

2)

3)

4)

Switzerland

1)

2)

3)

4)

Ukraine

1)

2)

3)

4)

Wales

1)

2)

3)

4)

Please only put your name down if you have been involved in this sign-up, other people willing to join will have their chance at a later date. icon14.gif

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cheers for signing up guys, if the rest of you reserving your place could include everything within the 'quote' section in their post, then that would be ideal. icon_smile.gif

1) Slater

2) Masters66

3)

4)

Greece

1) Benjaminoo

2)

3)

4)

Ireland

1)

2)

3)

4)

Switzerland

1)

2)

3)

4)

Ukraine

1) wisla_krakow

2)

3)

4)

Wales

1)

2)

3)

4)

Please only put your name down if you have been involved in this sign-up, other people willing to join will have their chance at a later date. icon14.gif

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

1) Slater

2) Masters66

3)

4)

Greece

1) Benjaminoo

2)

3)

4)

Ireland

1)

2)

3)

4)

Switzerland

1)

2)

3)

4)

Ukraine

1) wisla_krakow

2)

3)

4)

Wales

1) TeeWee

2)

3)

4)

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by freelinet:

Czech Rep

1) Slater

2) Masters66

3)Follow the blind

4)

Greece

1) Benjaminoo

2)

3)

4)

Ireland

1)

2)

3)

4)

Switzerland

1)Freelinet

2)

3)

4)

Ukraine

1) wisla_krakow

2) scott1990

3)

4)

Wales

1) TeeWee

2)

3)

4) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scott1990:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by freelinet:

Czech Rep

1) Slater

2) Masters66

3)Follow the blind

4)

Greece

1) Benjaminoo

2)

3)

4)

Ireland

1)Elf_30

2)

3)

4)

Switzerland

1)Freelinet

2)

3)

4)

Ukraine

1) wisla_krakow

2) scott1990

3)

4)

Wales

1) TeeWee

2)

3)

4) </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sign me up man, sign me up

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Czech Rep

1) Slater

2) Masters66

3)Follow the blind

4)

Greece

1) Benjaminoo

2)

3)

4)

Ireland

1)Elf_30

2)

3)

4)

Switzerland

1)Freelinet

2)

3)

4)

Ukraine

1) wisla_krakow

2) scott1990

3)

4)

Wales

1) TeeWee

2) The Golden boy

3)

4)

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cheers for everyone who has signed up so far - special thanks go to Wisla, TeeWee and elf_30 as you guys also took the time to comment on the latest results of the Stanlies Cup as well. icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">also took the time to comment on the latest results of the Stanlies Cup as well. icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Great to win the Stanlies cup

Pity i wasn't playing

Happy now? icon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blackcats:

Czech Rep

1) Slater

2) Masters66

3)Follow the blind

4)

Greece

1) Benjaminoo

2)

3)

4)

Ireland

1)Elf_30

2)

3)

4)

Switzerland

1)Freelinet

2)Eldereth

3)

4)

Ukraine

1) wisla_krakow

2) scott1990

3) Blackcats

4)

Wales

1) TeeWee

2) The Golden boy

3)

4) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by masters66:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">also took the time to comment on the latest results of the Stanlies Cup as well. icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Great to win the Stanlies cup

Pity i wasn't playing

Happy now? icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ecstatic icon_wink.gificon_razz.gif

More updates on the current sign-up to come later this evening. icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">ecstatic icon_wink.gificon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Great to hear icon14.gificon_biggrin.gif

Might not be able to get on until wednesday, off on holiday and not sure if there will be internet

Looking forward to this new sign-up icon_smile.gif

Czech Rep

1) Slater

2) Masters66

3)Follow the blind

4)

Greece

1) Benjaminoo

2)

3)

4)

Ireland

1)Elf_30

2)

3)

4)

Switzerland

1)Freelinet

2)Eldereth

3)

4)

Ukraine

1) wisla_krakow

2) scott1990

3) Blackcats

4)

Wales

1) TeeWee

2) The Golden boy

3) SJ234

4)

im looking forward to this icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scott1990:

Any spoilers on what the next sign-up will be about?

This one was/is really fun. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, I can exclusively reveal...

1) It's a sign-up.

2) It won't be the same format as the current one.

3) From my mini tests I've already run, the country you have chosen to be associated with plays an important part of the sign-up.

Good enough for you?! icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gif

(As soon as SI release a patch I will post the new thread, so hopefully you won't have to wait too long.)

Friday 1st July 2011 – Monthly Review for June 2011

At the start of the month Freealdinho received contract offers from Fiorentina and AC Milan. He also received one final offer from Man Utd which he declined. After a few days to weigh up his options, Freealdinho decided to join AC Milan on July 1st.

Now that Man Utd is a striker down, they turn to Freealdinho’s fellow countryman Azeryk. They make a £12.75million bid, which Wigan initially stalled on, before accepting it. Azeryk wastes no time in agreeing terms and will sign for Man Utd on July 1st.

Gary McNeil signs a new 3 year deal worth £3million with Inter Milan.

AC Milan, Lazio & Juventus have all made bids for Ryan, varying from £6.5 - £10 million. All 3 bids have been rejected.

Pablo Gonzalez is attracting interest from the managers of Aston Villa and Bolton. However, only one offer has been made for the lad – a player exchange with Juventus.

Pompey manager Stoichkov has hit out at PSG for expressing an interest in Ghoolbi Dumats. He said that Dumats is going nowhere.

Arsenal, Real Madrid & Lazio have all made £30+ million bids for Selim Atas. All 3 bids were turned down by Athletico Madrid. The Athletico boss has ruled out a sale, saying that he wants his young protégé to gain more experience at his club before moving on.

5 clubs have made a bid for Gareth Davies, including Marseille, Lyon and Newcastle. They have all been rejected so far. At the end of the month Lazio make a £16m bid which has yet to be decided upon.

After a good season for Barcelona, the vultures have coming snooping around Humphrey Koppers and his generous £25million min fee release clause. Liverpool has made a £14m bid, Inter Milan have bid £21.5m and Man Utd £23.5m.

Real Madrid’s Robinho has won the European Golden Boot Award this season, scoring 26 league goals.

The World Rankings for June were released in the middle of the month and absolutely none of the nations changed their positions.

Friday 15th July 2011 – Look ahead to the Asian Nation Cup

Lazio came back in with a £11m bid for Ryan, which was accepted. Ryan agreed terms and moved to Lazio ahead of the start of the tournament.

Roma has made a £8.5m bid for Habib Halali, which has been accepted by Aston Villa.

Mick Bubble has turned down an offer of a contract with AC Milan. He feels he deserves a better basic salary and should be regarded as a more prominent member of the AC Milan squad.

Lui has signed a new 3 year contract worth £2.5m with Torino.

All bids for Koppers have been rejected.

A flurry of bids have been made for Pablo Gonzalez. Jventus, Real Madrid, Barcelona and Bayern Munich have all made bids between £24-26m for the lad who is currently listed in the Chelsea reserves. All of these bids have been accepted by Chelsea.

Ulfinus Chaoconov has turned down a new contract with Athletico Madrid, stating that he wants a bigger bonus based on 1st team appearances.

The agent of Bill has announced to the press that his player is ‘over the moon’ at signing a new 5 year contract with Lazio. Bill will now be on £40,500pw.

Asian Nations Cup 2011 Call Ups

Kyrgyzstan has called up all 16 superstars for the competition. Mastinho will miss the first half of the tournament though, as he has been laid low by a virus and will bed riddern for 2 weeks. Bill will also miss the first half of the competition, as he is suspended for 3 matches after picking up a red card back in October 2010 (the last competitive game for Kyrgyzstan) against Tajikistan.

Turkmenistan has called up 15 superstars for the tournament. Turkus Mendieta misses the tournament after picking up a twisted ankle very recently. He will be out for 2-4 weeks. Hermandinho is suspended for the first match of the tournament after picking up 2 yellow cards during the qualifying tournament.

With Kyrgyzstan in Group B and Turkmenistan in Group D, To act as a reminder here are the forthcoming group fixtures:

Mon 18th: Kyrgyzstan v Uzbekistan

Tues 19th: Turkmenistan v Australia

Fri 22nd: Kyrgyzstan v Japan

Sat 23rd: Turkmenistan v Saudi Arabia

Tues 26th: Kyrgyzstan v Iran

Weds 27th: Turkmenistan v Indonesia

</pre>

The highest ranked Asian Nations going into the tournament are:

20th Turkmenistan

23rd Australia

25th Iran

27th Kyrgyzstan

28th South Korea

32nd China

36th Qatar

</pre>

If both nations can get out of their groups then they have a great chance of going all the way and possibly meeting in the final - what an epic way to end this sign up that would be!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Should be able to get up a couple of the games this evening. icon14.gif

tough matches coming up though. Australia and Saudi are pretty tough matches I think.

Top 1 or 2 qualify for next round? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Top 2 from each group qualify for the Q Finals.

Kyrgyzstan v Uzbekistan

Mon 18th July: Asian Nations Cup 2011 Group Stage

Pre Match

Kyzgystan field 11 superstars in their starting line-up, with Alan as captain and key man. The performances of Elfdog in the recent Stanlies Cup has obviously impressed the Kyrgyzi manager as he keeps his place in goal ahead of Lui. On the bench is Lui, Freealdinho + Halali.

My Opinion

Probably the easiest game of the group fixtures, but this isn’t straight forward. I predict a narrow Kyrgyzstan win.

Kyrgyzstan have the first shot on goal, Azeryk shooting over the bar after 90 seconds.

Deadlock is broken after just 4 minutes and its David Frketic with a 20 yard curling freekick who breaks it. Great start, 1-0.

Benj almost doubles the lead, but his close range header after 20 minutes flashes wide of the post.

Kyrgyzstan continue to pile the pressure on, but their lack of shooting accuracy is evident from the half time stats.

HT: Kyrgyzstan 1 v 0 Uzbekistan

Half Time Stats

It’s not until the 70th minute that there is another serious attempt on goal. It’s almost worth the wait though as Alan lets fly from 25+ yards, only to see his shot whistle just over the bar.

73 minutes gone and Freealdinho replaces Azeryk.

His impact is instantaneous, as Gary McNeil plays the ball through to Freealdinho, who jinks past a man before sliding the ball past the keeper. 2-0.

Halali replaces Ryan.

It just gets better and better. 79 minute gone and another goal. This time Benj plays the ball out left to Alan, who dinks a ball to the back post where Freealdinho is running in to head the ball past the keeper and make it 3-0.

Benj is then subbed.

The rest of the game was a calm affair as both sides knew what the outcome of the game was going to be.

FT: Kyrgyzstan 3 v 0 Uzbekistan

Match Overview

Player Stats

A great win for Kyrgyzstan and a wonderful way to start the competition. Gary McNeil gets the MOM award, for his strong performance on the wing for Kyrgyzstan.

Other Group B Result: Iran 3 v 3 Japan

Group B Table

1. Kyrgyzstan +3 3

2. Iran 0 1

---------------------

3. Japan 0 1

4. Uzbekistan -3 0

</pre>

Turkmenistan v Australia

Tues 19th July: Asian Nations Cup 2011 Group Stage

Pre Match Line Up

It's all change from the Stanlies Cup games for Turkmenistan as 8 superstars start for them, but with the back 6 looking quite different. The captain is Selim Atas and the key man is keeper Rhys Davies. On the bench is Alvaro De Santiago, Humphrey Koopers, Ulfinus Chaoconov, Marcus Cook, Luke Swinson + Peter Slater.

My Opinion

A tough opener for Turkmenistan and it’s a repeat of the World Cup 2nd round tie, which Australia won 1-0. I think this game will be a draw though.

Australia almost takes the lead after just 2 minutes. David Williams is left in miles of space and closes in on goal, only to see his audacious chip effort go inches wide of the Turkmenistan goal.

2 minutes later and Williams again loses his marker, this time forcing a great save from Rhys Davies, but the ball falls to Tim Cahill who smacks the ball into the empty net. 0-1.

Bennitto Hagan is fed through the centre of the pitch by Pablo Gonzalez, but his shot goes straight at the Aussie keeper.

5 minutes later and Bennitto is at it again, intercepting the ball before powering past a defender only then to calmly score into the bottom corner. 25 minutes gone, 1-1.

Australia then come back at Turkmenistan, but several of their shots are off target.

Just as the half was coming to an end, the Aussies go down to 10 men, their defender hacking down Gonzalez on the edge of the area as he was through on goal. The freekick came to nothing though.

HT: Turkmenistan 1 v 1 Australia

Half Time Stats

Last gasp defending from Turkmenistan as Australia up the ante at the start of the second half by spraying ball around the pitch. Libertinho makes a cracking on the line clearance to prevent a goal.

David Williams is put through on goal for Australia, but his shot goes just past the far post. Golden chance that.

Atas has a crack from a tight angle after 70 minutes, but the shot goes over the bar.

Double substitution for Turkmenistan after 71 mintues, with Dumats + Gareth Davies coming off and Peter Slater entering the fray.

Rhys Davies makes a fine save at his near post after 75 minutes.

The Turkmenistan fans erupt. A clearance to the halfway line by the Aussie keeper falls to Peter Slater. At first it seems nothing will come of it, but the defenders are drawn away by good runs by the Turkmeni forwards, leaving Peter Slater a free run in on goal, before smashing it past the onrushing keeper. 2-1.

Luke Swinson is brought onto the pitch after that goal.

Within 5 minutes of coming on Swinson found himself with a golden opportunity of stretching the lead, but pulls his shot wide from 15 yards out.

However, that vital third goal came only a couple of minutes later. Peter Slater picking out Atas on the edge of the area, who in turn found the bottom left corner of the goal. 3-1 and only 6 minutes to go.

In injury time Rhys Davies pulls off a point blank save to deny a close range volley from the Aussies.

FT: Turkmenistan 3 v 1 Australia

Match Overview

Player Stats

A fantastic smash and grab win for Turkmenistan. Australia may feel aggrieved for not getting anything out of the game, but Turkmenistan won’t care. Bennitto gets the MOM award for his dominating midfield performance.

Other Group D Result: Indonesia 0 v 2 Saudi Arabia

Group D Table

1. Turkmenistan +2 3

2. Saudi Arabia +2 3

-----------------------

3. Australia -2 0

4. Indonesia -2 0

</pre>

Archived