After joining a new club what are the first few things you do?

And i don't mean like press conferences or talking to your staff

Here are the first few things i will usually look to get done straight away :-

-staff. The first thing i always do is check my coaches and will bring in and sack coaches to try and get as high star rating in training as possible

-Check players. I will look through my players to see who are my best players, what position i have lots of strong players in, what position i might need to bring a few players in

-Formation/Tactics. After looking through my squad i will look to firstly build a formation and tactics which i hope will help my team get results. I will then have my pre created formation and tactics which i will look to get my team playing once i have built a team to suit it. I will create a 3rd tactic which will be almost opposite to the first one (if i my main tactic is slightly more attacking i will make this one defensive and vice versa )

-Players. I will finally look at players i can bring into the squad and make a shortlist before making bids for any players u decide i want to bring in and will look to sell any un-wanted players. I

I'm just curious to see what other peoples priorities are when joining a new club

And i don't mean like press conferences or talking to your staff

Here are the first few things i will usually look to get done straight away :-

-staff. The first thing i always do is check my coaches and will bring in and sack coaches to try and get as high star rating in training as possible

-Check players. I will look through my players to see who are my best players, what position i have lots of strong players in, what position i might need to bring a few players in

-Formation/Tactics. After looking through my squad i will look to firstly build a formation and tactics which i hope will help my team get results. I will then have my pre created formation and tactics which i will look to get my team playing once i have built a team to suit it. I will create a 3rd tactic which will be almost opposite to the first one (if i my main tactic is slightly more attacking i will make this one defensive and vice versa )

-Players. I will finally look at players i can bring into the squad and make a shortlist before making bids for any players u decide i want to bring in and will look to sell any un-wanted players. I

Is there anything else to do ? lol

Check players/squad

See who I can buy and sell who I don't need

Adjust tactics/formation depending on who I have and who I've bought

Hire/fire staff

In that order :)

1 Clear out dead weight in back room (normally all the staff since i play LLM)

2 Tactics, set the tactic I want not what my team will do well in

3 frantic preseaon trying to get premier teams to friendly

4 find areas lacking in squad (i keep a full front 11 and back 11 and do total squad rotations every game)

5 try to get cheap players for the areas lacking

6 bug the board for what ever is needed, normally scouting range, youth recruitment or junior coaching

I think it depends on the club for me.

Firstly i assess backroom staff and playing staff. I'll have a look through reserves and youths to make sure no one of talent is missing out. Promote those that deserve it.

Most recently i took over a team that had 16 senior players, 5 reserves 1 of quality and 8 youths 2 of quality. £15mil and expecting top half finnish in the EPL. Can't say i was thrilled. But literally kept all the staff bar changing the assistant manager, physios and scouts. All had to be replaced for free. and spending the full transfer budget on new players. Try and sell the not good enough players on for double their value. Thankfully united rated one of my deadwood players and bought him for £20mil allowing me to do it.

But this was an extreme case. In most cases i'd change staff 100% unless theres a strong one in there. Assess playing squad. Sell players who won't fit into my system and replace with ones that will.

I have recently changed my approach. I still do pretty much what the OP said, in that order, but I've become less ruthless.

I used to sack all staff who werent the absolute best, which usually meant all staff, and bring together my own team. Then in subsequent jobs I would put pretty much that team together again. Now, however, I try to only sack utterly useless staff, and keep as much of the original backroom staff together as possible.

Same with players. I used to just sell/release anyone who was over 21 and rubbish or under 21 with no potential. Now I am much more patient and try and keep as many of the original team together.

Maybe i'm getting sentimental in my old age :D

Try to sell some players at 0 euro-> fail

Try to sell some players at 0 euro -> fail

Try to sell some players at 0 euro -> fail

When the transfer window closes I wait for the next transfer window

Try to sell players at 0 euro-> fail

Fail to find someone that buy my players at cost 0

Repeat from scratch until the players' contract expires....

I spend far too many hours dealing with staff. Why can we not have star ratings for coaches in each area? Anyway, I use a coach calculator to sort out my new coaching staff. I then spend more hours trying to plan out and buy a scouting team. After that I look over my squad and realize I can't think straight because I my head is spinning and I go to bed.

The next day I get up and start a new save with a new team, rinse n repeat!

Archived