FM13: Newcastle United - Alan Pardew and The Eight Year Plan.

tommonufc

@col_nufc1Training for Adam Cambell?
I have got Campbell training on the poacher schedule (very heavy), he has also had tutoring from Papiss Demba Cisse, Alberto Paloschi and Abel Hernandez for 2-3 seasons plus lots of match time which is very important.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have got Campbell training on the poacher schedule (very heavy), he has also had tutoring from Papiss Demba Cisse, Alberto Paloschi and Abel Hernandez for 2-3 seasons plus lots of match time which is very important.

Thank you. In first season, I will give him chance to play in Carling or FA Cup and I have plan to use him when Ba and Cisse go on African Cup of Nations ( in combination with Ameobi). I hope so that will be enough for him, to start adapting on World Class football.

Started a Newcastle save myself few days ago, currently sitting in 2nd halfway through Nov. 1st season.

Made a couple of signings, Wellington Nem, Adryan, Craig Gordon (free) Jores Okore and DoF managed to get me Steven Caulker on loan for the season. Had a few iffy performances (mainly a 6-2 defeat at Swansea!!) but apart from that loving my save atm! :)

Only downside, Cabaye got the hump with me for subbing him against AEL in the Europa League and put in a transfer request. City are signing him for £25m in Jan! Good job Bigi has stepped up to the plate, been in good form since bringing him into the side! :)

2sbsbxk.png

3178ld4.png

zusbrb.png

Got £35m+ to spend atm (with the sale of Cabaye) but not sure whether to splash the cash or trust in the youth after seeing some screenies of youngsters in this thread. One thing I do know, I need a decent RB and want Will Hughes to replace Yohan, lol.

These were the best young regens that we signed in the first transfer window in season 2017/2018.

Juan Carlos Gutierrez

The giant Mexican centre back was signed from PSV Eindhoven for £22m, he will hopefully form a defensive wall alongside Kurt Zouma at the heart of our defence.

juancarlosgutierrezrege.jpg

Heinz Schreiber

The young German forward was signed from Atletico Madrid for £2.4m as he had a minimum fee release clause in his contract.

heinzschreiberregenstar.jpg

Malcolm Petty

This youngster was poached from my feeder club Hartlepool, he only cost us £425k compensation fee. I think in a few years he will be a star.

malcolmpettyregenstarto.jpg

Started a Newcastle save myself few days ago, currently sitting in 2nd halfway through Nov. 1st season.

Made a couple of signings, Wellington Nem, Adryan, Craig Gordon (free) Jores Okore and DoF managed to get me Steven Caulker on loan for the season. Had a few iffy performances (mainly a 6-2 defeat at Swansea!!) but apart from that loving my save atm! :)

Only downside, Cabaye got the hump with me for subbing him against AEL in the Europa League and put in a transfer request. City are signing him for £25m in Jan! Good job Bigi has stepped up to the plate, been in good form since bringing him into the side! :)

2sbsbxk.png

3178ld4.png

zusbrb.png

Got £35m+ to spend atm (with the sale of Cabaye) but not sure whether to splash the cash or trust in the youth after seeing some screenies of youngsters in this thread. One thing I do know, I need a decent RB and want Will Hughes to replace Yohan, lol.

What skin is that mate?

I got rid of Xisco, Obertan, Gutierrez, Williamson, Perch, Simpson and Raylor while signing Okore, Albiol, Menez, Kweuke and Mason Bennett

My team at the moment

kecihl.png

I need rotations/back-ups: (Any recommendations please)

- 1 x RB

- 1 x CM

- 1 x RM

- 1 X ST

- Anyone played Anita RB? I couldn't get Corchia or Debuchy so I'm training him and going to play him there as he has decent stats as a RB.

EDIT: Just swapped Obertan for Diame. He won't start but I'm over the moon with that as no-one would bid for him. Also got de Cegile on loan as a back-up at LB

- Anyone played Anita RB? I couldn't get Corchia or Debuchy so I'm training him and going to play him there as he has decent stats as a RB.

EDIT: Just swapped Obertan for Diame. He won't start but I'm over the moon with that as no-one would bid for him. Also got de Cegile on loan as a back-up at LB

Yes for the entire second season and part of the third. He performs well given time. He's currently a RWB with Santon on the otherside and they both chip in with a fair share of goals.

Rb - Defend or Support, Anita will answer very good.

Entire first season ( two more months till the end) he played very well.

I put him to train RB and Full Back instruction, but in summer window I will try to find real RB like Corchia or Debuchy.

With lack of options I started using Anita as a BWM support and he really has excelled. Just click off the longshots as it isn't really his game. He has good off the ball and good passing aswell as defensive stats. He can dribble alittle and lay off a ball, aswell as he got some finishing ability. Has been outperforming both Cabaye and Tiote for most of the season.

I got rid of Xisco, Obertan, Gutierrez, Williamson, Perch, Simpson and Raylor while signing Okore, Albiol, Menez, Kweuke and Mason Bennett

My team at the moment

kecihl.png

I need rotations/back-ups: (Any recommendations please)

- 1 x RB

- 1 x CM

- 1 x RM

- 1 X ST

Update:

I've signed Corchia for £10m, Will Hughes, and Gaitan so my team now before the end of the first window is:

GK: Krul/Harper

RB: Corchia

CB: Coloccini/Albiol/Saylor/Okore

LB: Santon/De Cegile

RW: Ben Arfa/Menez

CM: Tiote/Cabaye/Diame/Anita

LW: Gaitan

ST: Kweuke/Cisse/Ba

As well as youngsters such as Hughes, Bennett, Vuckic, Campbell, Abeid, Bigi, Ferguson, Tavernier, Streete and a couple more!

Looking forward to my 2nd season at the helm, luckily I managed to pause download of 13.2 patch so am not having too many crazy results or issues with long shots/dribbles, anyhow finished 4th last term and won a F.A. Cup & Europa League double, go me. Drew Inter in CL qualifer, of which won 2 - 0 away in 1st leg (Ba and Cisse on target), and was unlucky to lose Charity Shield 3 - 2 to City (whom have signed Hamsik [£37.5m], Walker [£17.75m] and Griezmann [£21m] in Summer spending spree). Only spent £8m this off season, majority being on youth signings, so my first team squad going into campaign is as follows (using GK - DCL - DCR - WBL - DMCL - DMCR - WBR - MC - STCL - STC - STCR formation);

Goalkeepers

Tim Krul (clear first choice)

Steve Harper (signed on for extra year as Krul played 60 odd games last season and didn't have the money to sign the targets for backup/future outside of U17 types, club promoted a great looking youth product)

Wing Backs

Mathieu Debuchy (signed last Summer, missed large portion of season through injury but will start season as first choice WBR)

Davide Santon (played alot at right back whilst Debuchy was out but will start season as first choice WBL)

Jonás Gutiérrez (with Santon on right flank Jonas was selected at WBL and was best wing back performer, but will have to feature as first cover to start)

Ryan Bertrand (late Summer signing after being made aware of his transfer listing, perfect as wanted a few more British players in squad, £2.3m, will provide cover and potential, did have Insua as backup but he now leaves on loan for season)

Central Defenders

Fabricio Coloccini (club captain)

Douglas (signed last Summer, wanted size/powar and he became a perfect partner for Fab, even got voted as fans player of the year)

Cheikhou Kouyaté (another last Summer arrival, another big presense and performed well as cover/in less fixtures, is main backup with other options coming from players whom can be moved from DMC or in youth ranks, might loan in a late cover option if right player pops up)

Defensive Midfielders

Cheick Tioté (vice captain and in need of improvement this season, didn't quite play to level I'd have liked but still full of quality needed for my style of get stuck in type of play)

Victor Wanyama (brought last Summer and is a part of a rotational set up within the two DMC positions, dependant upon whom we are playing or what I feel the team needs)

Kara (signed last Summer and is quickly becoming a key anchor of DMC position, plus provides cover/option in DC role, another big presense, I do like them big)

Mohamed Diamé (another player brought in last term, indeed did alot of work to squad in initial off season, is/or will continue to be a backup option, can also play in MC role if need BWM or B2B type)

Central Midfielders

Yohan Cabeye (key deep lying playmaker, struggled to get performing early doors due to injuries and fitness but once did provided to be great pivot between defense and attack)

Hatem Ben Afra (with no AMC I wasn't sure of how/what to do with Hatem, but whilst Cabeye was injured he played well in MC role as attacking playmaker and also sometimes played as STC as deep lying forward (when not injured himself), could be moved on if good bid comes in, great player to keep though if not)

Anderson (picked up from Man Utd last season, provides competition with Cabeye and Ben Afra (on pitch and in physio room), plus can play DMC as deep lying playmaker if want a change in that position with regards to role, as can Cabeye, lots of options :))

Tom Cleverley (just joined on loan for season from Utd to add option and cover us for home-grown rules really, especially important for when African Nations comes round again, as clearly I've alot of potential players off)

Strikers

Demba Ba (annoyingly unfit at times but when managed well he was a key player for us, mainly in the STCL position as an advanced forward, but also in STC as complete forward on support if needed, scored 17 and got 11 assists last term)

Papiss Cissé (for us he was the star of the show last season, scored 43 and set up 15 goals, only used in STCR position as poacher)

Andy Carroll (joining on loan for £37.5k p/w wages and £100k monthly fee, the big man gives me more size and home-grownness to squad, he'll be starting in STC position as target man for Ba and Cisse to play off, scored twice against City in CS)

Léonard Kweuke (£3.2m, playing inbetween Ba and Cisse as DLF for most part, scoring 10 and setting up 13 in process, likely to be in and out of team again this season with added comp in Carroll)

Guillaume Hoarau (probably my highlight of season in end, brought in for £1.5m last Summer as backup and went on to score 20 goals, whilst being used in numerous striking positions and roles, especially vital when Ba, Cisse and Kweuke went for a holiday in January, out injured to start season for 3 months. :()

Shola Ameobi (didn't feature greatly at start of last season, declaring a need for new challenge before Jan and as such he went on loan to Blackburn for rest of season, don't want to sell so he'll be around if can keep, providing cover alongside his brother and Campbell in reserves.)

EDIT: beat Inter 1 - 0 in 2nd leg of CL qualifer, drawn in group with Bayern, Atletico Madrid and PSG, good times. :(

i might have to quit my class toon save..........paying too much tax is killing me... last season i earned 400m total... expendature was 300m.. so a 100m profit.

for some reason i then paid 60m in tax , just crazy...... and i'm sick of paying out 40m a season in bloody shareholders payouts...... so despite doing well i'm lucky even if i break even in a season..... despite having to sell isco for 40m to Real ..just pisses me off

In the summer of 2015 at the moment having just won the League, Champions League and Carling Cup. Been offered £37.5m for Santon by Man City. Should I accept? He has been great for me and I would have no idea who to replace him with.

I'm in 2027 and board have finally agreed to build a new stadium. 77,656 capacity 'keegan park'. The result though is a HUGE debt, which has meant past summer i had no transfer funds which with a team approaching there 30's after a hugely successful decade i can't help but feel an Arsenal style trophy drought could occur whilst i try to rebuild a team around this huge debt. :(

Thought i'd post few screen shots of a few things in my game at the moment :)

First one is NUFC's 2nd all time top goalscorer and current World Player of the year.

englegend.png

Second one is arguably the greatest player to have ever played for Newcastle. Been here since he was 18 and has developed unbelievably!

nufcbestplayerever.png

Third one is the future of Newcastle. With our huge debt i have had to use the academy and find little gems abroad. Scouts going mental over him.

futurep.png

Lastly it's the hall of fame at the current moment.

halloffameq.png

I'm in January now and currently in the:

Semi final of the Capital One Cup against Chelsea

4th round of the FA Cup against Liverpool

5th in the Prem but can go 2nd if I win 1/2 games in hand

Knockout stages of the Europa

However...

All 3 of my strikers have left to go to the ACoN (Ba, Cisse, Kweuke as well as Tiote and Diame) leaving me with youngsters (Campbell, Bennett) and the accomplished (Menez & Ben Arfa). Massively important month as well :(

Isco and Lars Bender are on the transfer list for decent amounts but I don't have any funds to buy either :( , although I've signed a pre-contract with Bocchetti for next season and am trying to get a permanent deal done for de Cegile at the end of his.

Just into Jan during 2nd season, sitting 3rd behind City and Arsenal, with a decent gap ahead of chasing pack (Chelsea, Spurs, Utd, L'pool and Swansea), got Juventus in 1st KO rnd of CL, Arsenal in 4th rnd of FA cup and lost to City in semi of Capital One Cup. Managed to complete what I hope will be the bulk of my Summer transfer dealings after securing Honda (rotational player, £30k p/w), Willems (rotaional and good potential player, £25k p/w), Pogba (backup and decent potential player, £15k p/w), Miguel (backup player, £10k p/w) and Rafinha (backup and good potential player, £15k p/w) all on bosmans, good times.

After last years success finishing 4th in the league and winning the Europa League I went into the next season slightly improved getting Javi Garcia on loan, Clint Dempsey as providing cover, aswell as Carroll came in on a loan contract. Last year I got Wellington Nem as players wrth mentioning. Has to be said that I haven't played the game since before the last patch, but now my tactics provides me losses and plenty of them. Mostly conceeding from corners and headers/crosses. Aswell as I'm not able to string passes together anymore and got really trigger happy players glad to fire at will.

Has anyone got anything good going in this new patch? or is it better to just wait for the next one to continue?

Just had my most pleasing result of tenure thus far, a 2 - 0 victory in Turin over Juventus in the 2nd leg of the 1st KO rnd of CL, following a 3 - 3 draw at home. Really felt like a perfect storm of all managing aspects, well chuffed, go me.

Got knocked out of the Europa by Bilbao in a shocking away performance losing 5-4 on agg after being 4-3 up in the match on aggregate. Also got knocked out of the Capital One Cup in the semis on away goals, which wasn't helped by 5 players including all 3 strikers going to the ACON. And got knocked out of the FA Cup by Man City away; as expected.

I finished 2nd in the league at the end of my first season; albeit by a Chelsea side that finished on 87 points with me only 2 behind. Thankfully the title was never in our hands; with them always being around a point behind us with 3 games in hand.

Only been given £4m as a transfer budget - not great considering we're only a few players off winning the league IMO. My job is currently 'untouchable' already, i just wish we had more money / had the opportunity to get taken over.

I think I need to sell one of our big stars, not an easy decision to make though!

Our team atm is (4-2-3-1):

-------------Krul

Corchia-Coloccini-Saylor-Santon

-----Cabaye------Tiote

Ben Arfa---Gaitan-----Ba

-----------Cisse

Subs:

Ochoa (Arriving in July)

Bocchetti (Arriving in July)

Anita

Albiol

Diame

Menez

How much money did people get to spend 2nd season and when did you get taken over (if you did)?

My second season transfer budget is only £4m and there have been some quality players transfer listed :(

Fellaini, Lars Bender, Belhanda, Joe Hart, Falcao, Negredo, Jesus Navas, Pjanic, Dede and Otamendi

Update: Signed Isco for £17m after selling Colo and have offered a contract to Llorente for 99k a week though! Not sure if worth it as I have Ba, Cisse and Kweuke up front but only use 1 of them!

Tactics

zqiua.png

This is a bit abstract but it really seems to be working. Demba Ba seems to be injured every 3rd match, which that occurs, I put Jonas in for Demba Ba and move him out to the left which becomes a proper 4-3-3. Demba Ba's tactical instructions are exactly the same as they would be if he was playing out on the left as an 'Inside Forward'.

VpT8s.png

Average Ratings/Match Performaces

vdCBe.png

Hatem has probably been the stand out so far, Cisse keeps contributing and Demba Ba is great but struggles to stay out on the park. Cabaye has improved after a few tactical tweaks. Santon is a bloody beast at left back.

hi all,, in my first season with NUFC i got 4th :), i have 10 mil to spend second season got about 6 in with selling some players so 16 in total any one got any ideas on any young strikers or attacking midfielders for the left that are good enough to be pushing for a starting place??? thanks :)

So after a little Christmas break I continued with my Newcastle save. The cup runs were again not the best but the league form was good, finishing second, albeit a long way off United, a lack of goals was the issue, think Campbell topscored with 18 throughout the whole season. Only conceeded 35 league goals so that kept me strong.

Campbell and Streete both were rewarded with England caps - a good day.

Adryans first 3 seasons have been injury hit and his potential has been severly stumped.

I wasnt particularly active in the transfer market, Paul Pogba arriving on a free along with a 5 star Danish regen. A 14 yr old Italian came in for 5.5m looks rather impressive so far and the only other purchase was 1.4m for a 19yr 5 star potential Brazilian GK to replace the retired Steve Harper.

Perch, Tavernier, Ferguson and Raylor all left on the cheap 6.5m for the bunch.

So the fourth season began.

In came Zouma for big bucks and a massive wage to beat off competition from Bayern, De Sciligo and Oscar came in for 12.5m and 13m respectively. Jonas wouldnt take a pay cut so his contract ran out and ended up on even less money at Racing.

Colo is out of contract at the end of this year, undecided on keeping him if he were to agree to a large paycut on 80k atm, but have Zouma, Shawcross, Bochetti and Taylor plus 4 very good young lads - Streete, Satka, Kitchen and my Danish Regen. Basically I can probably do without but hes good for tutoring.

Anyway, 3 months in and goals are a big problem, top scorers only have two goals apiece :/

Luckily I have only conceeded four goals so top the table with 9 played and second after 3 games in my CL group behind Real.

Anyone got any ideas on how to stop the long shots? Really struggle with the new patch that came at christmas eve. Got 4th spot and europa league trophy first season. Early exits of both cups in 2nd alongside a first knockout round in CL but finishing 6th in the league rendering me out of CL next season.

Anyone got any ideas on how to stop the long shots? Really struggle with the new patch that came at christmas eve. Got 4th spot and europa league trophy first season. Early exits of both cups in 2nd alongside a first knockout round in CL but finishing 6th in the league rendering me out of CL next season.

Hassle opponents and press more so they don't have time for them perhaps

Why do players ask for such crazy wages?! Have got Tim Krul unhappy because I refuse to pay him 130k a week and Anita was asking for nearly 100k. Had to sell Cisse because he wanted around 130k and demanded a transfer so I shipped him off to Real Madrid and brought in Huntelaar on a 2 year deal. Got to say it is working fantastically with Carroll winning every knockdown and feeding him through balls.

2013-01-05_00001_zpsb02fb7a5.jpg

About to kick off my 3rd season in charge of Newcany (on 13.1.3 patch, lucky update pausing), anyhow finished 2nd last term behind City, lost to City in CS 3 - 2, got beat by Arsenal in Euro Super Cup 3 - 1, lost in semi finals of Capital One Cup to City 4 - 2 on agg., got done on pens to Arsenal in FA Cup 4th rnd replay at Emirates and got all the way to the semi finals of the Champions League, losing 4 - 5 on agg. to Barcelona, the eventual winners (did win the Sir Bobby Robson Trophy for 2nd season in row mind). Kicked Summer off with many bosman arrivals and found myself struggling to work out whom I needed/wanted to keep around, still struggling in truth but alas some decisions were made, as were a couple of money transfers just before Premier League campaign kicked off, mainly due to healthy bank balance and chance to up home-grown English quota, for not crazy money. Only spent £21.5m this off season thus far and brought back £33m into coffers, Anita and Anderson going for £25m of that income, so anyway my main first team squad going into campaign is as follows (still using [GK - DCL - DCR - WBL - DMCL - DMCR - WBR - MC - STCL - STC - STCR] formation);

Goalkeepers

Tim Krul [26yrs] - Clear first choice, improved upon previous season

Steve Harper [39yrs] - Decent staff stats so wanted him to see out career with club, retires at end of season

Kasper Schmeichel [27yrs] - Just joined on a bosman to become home-grown backup

Wing Backs

Mathieu Debuchy [29yrs] - Put injuries aside and became the first choice WBR I desired

Davide Santon [23yrs] - Made the WBL position his own last season, will eventually take over from Debuchy down right

Jonás Gutiérrez [31yrs] - With many games throughout season I managed to keep him happy playing, firmly backup/cover future now, unless good offer comes in

Ryan Bertrand [25yrs] - Played a good 25 games, performing well when needed and will be rotational again this season

Jetro Willems [20yrs] - Willems joined on a bosman and is very much the future for the WBL position, will be rotated in and out in his first campaign

Central Defenders

Fabricio Coloccini [32yrs] - Still the club captain and despite slight down in avg. rating last season he is still first choice

Douglas [26yrs] - Played only 26 games in the season just gone due to injuries but when he did play it was to the same very high standards

Cheikhou Kouyaté [24yrs] - A huge jump in quality of performance for Cheikhou, run of games served him well, 0.45 avg. rating jump to 7.74 on 30 odd games, key cover

Steven Caulker [22yrs] - Needed an extra center half after being stretched at times last term, Caulker looked to be going to Utd in £12.5m deal despite playing only 6 times in league in 2 seasons, that fell through, I jumped in a month later securing a £7.5m deal, home-grown English bonus to me

Defensive Midfielders

Cheick Tioté [28yrs] - Still vice captain and followed through with desired improvement, adding 5 goals to his displays also, first choice DMC

Victor Wanyama [23yrs] - Saw more action coming from bench due to others performing better but still provided key rotational cover, and will do again, as long as can keep happy, bit moody

Kara [24yrs] - Was a beast for opening fixtures then suffered a broken leg, 5 months out, hoping he returns to beasty form now fit again, Arsenal were poking around him before injury

Mohamed Diamé [27yrs] - Mo really stepped up once Kara got injured, more so than Victor, scored goal of season to boot, key rotational cover player

Jack Rodwell [23yrs] - Multi-positional signing after a failed stint at City, £7m and will probably see game time in 3 positions (DC, DMC and MC) throughout season, another English home-grown squad boosting deal, go me

Central Midfielders

Yohan Cabeye [28yrs] - Managed to keep Yohan fit last season, improve greatly, not quite to some of other players standards mind, still a sexy Frenchman, have got Ben Arfa out on season loan and have sold Anderson to try to settle this position a tad more, make Cabeye the clear first choice, at times I switched between him and Hatem too much.

Keisuke Honda [28yrs] - The biggest bosman signing of Summer, for us, will provide option behind Cabeye and/or in other positions if need be, given me boost in Japan though, always good

Frank Lampard [36yrs] - Never usually sign players over 25 let alone over 35, but just wanted an old heed as backup for a season and for £25k p/w on a free transfer he looked a good deal, especially as stats have held up nicely, also home-grown in country and good for young kids to learn from

Rafinha [21yrs] - My wildcard wonderkid bosman signing of the Summer, may have to loan him out for games but is U21 so fits into squad without needing to be registered, good times, oh and have used him as DLF STC a couple of times in pre-season also

Strikers

Demba Ba [29yrs] - Increased in production across the board last season, 20 goals and 15 assists in all comps, still annoyingly hard to keep on pitch but cracking striker when is

Papiss Cissé [29yrs] - Goals overall down a touch, only due to being in CL instead of EL, but elsewhere again increased production and quality of performances across the board, fans player of the year

Andy Carroll [25yrs] - Felt I needed to make deal perminant and they wanted a reserve keeper of mine I picked up cheap last Summer, so £2.5m p/ex. deal done and will likely play in more big games this season as Kweuke and Hoarau drop somewhat, club home-grown bonus also

Léonard Kweuke [27yrs] - Got injured for 3 months last term and that killed his season really as others stepped up in place and his game struggled to regain form, will still provide great option from bench or in lesser fixtures

Guillaume Hoarau [30yrs] - Even at 30 Hoarau continues to provide unexpected production, 15 goals in 25 odd games in all comps in end, plus 10 assists, is also a crazy good looking coach to boot, will again find himself in team when Ba/Carroll/Kweuke struggle with fitness, also covers the ACON

Sammy Ameobi [23yrs] - Deciding to give Sammy a run within the first team squad, he did well in 1st season but ended up on loan in 2nd, he fills in for brother Shola whom is contracted to end of season but starts the season injured, Campbell will also be in or around as was last season, Sammy also adds key home-grown nature to squad

------------------------------

And done.

After completing the Saviour Cometh challenge as Newcastle, I decided to start a proper game with them. I had a good save as Newcastle in the last game, so, after quite a few attempts at a start of a game, I think I've finally found the game I think I'm going to stick with.

Quite like the First XI, so not made many changes there, but there are quite a few squad players that aren't really good enough, so attempted to sell/loan quite a few of them. My transfers so far are as follows:

In:

Stephen Lichtensteiner - Loan

Jeremy Menez - Loan

R Yttegaard Jenssen - £1.8m

Ashley Williams - £6m

Out:

Nile Ranger - Loan

James Perch - £6.5m

Sylvain Marveaux - Loan (future fee of 7.25m)

Xisco - £3.5m

Sammy Ameobi - Loan

Most of the transfers in, are to be used as back-ups to first team, other than Lichtensteiner, who I'm trialling as my first choice Right Back. Menez is as back-up winger, Yttegaard is a back-up to Cabaye, and Williams as cover at centre back, as Williamson isn't really good enough.

Leaves the first XI as:

-------------------------Krul-------------------------------

--Lichtensteiner---Colo-------Taylor-----------Santon---------

---------------------------------Tiote----------------------

--------------------Cabaye-------------------Gutierrez---------

----HBA------------------------------------------------------

--------------------Ba-----------Cisse-----------------------

Started well too. 5-2 win against Southampton, through to the Europa group stage, and beat Stoke 1-0. Enjoying this save!

Just had an interesting transfer deadline day, Ben Arfa refused a loan with view to permanent deal to L'pool a few days before, so then resigned myself to going into season proper with abundance of MC options, until City came in with £17.5m bid (not as high as I'd have liked ideally but am fine money wise and will struggle to give Hatem enough games me thinks this season), then I decided to loan out Sammy and Campbell to Championship clubs with thinking of doing a deal for a new young striker that can also make instant impact as Ba/Cisse/Hoarau are all 29/30. So wrapped up a deadline day deal for Romelu Lukaku, perfect striker for my style and tactics, costing me £12.5m initial fee, £2.5m over 48 months, £2.5m after 50 games, £2.5m after 50 goals and a 25% profit on next sale clause.

Also just looked at team comparison rankings, 1st in bottom five all position categories; strength, work rate, teamwork, leadership and aggression, loving my teams drive in games, started season away to Arsenal and came back from goal down to win 2 - 1, fancy a real push for title this season.

Coming into the final 5 games of my first season sitting 4th in the league, although a free scoring Tottenham side (Adebayor has 35 goals in 36 appearances in all competitions) are only 2 points behind with a game in hand. We, in a huge contrast to real life, have the best defensive record in the division. In 33 games we've conceded 21 goals and kept 21 clean sheets. We've scored 52 goals, which isn't bad at all considering we very rarely concede.

I had a bit of a busy summer window bringing in Mathieu Debuchy, Simon Kjaer, Jores Okore, Seamus Coleman and then at the last minute on deadline day was offered Nicolas Gaitan by his agent, so I snapped him up for a deal which could reach £8m altogether. I also loaned in Raheem Sterling and Emmanuel Frimpong for £40k p/m each, maybe didn't need them but have covered well, especially Frimpong during the ACoN.

Out went Xisco (£3.5m), Jonas Gutierrez (£7m), Demba Ba (£7.5m) Mike Williamson (£3.5m) and Danny Simpson (£3.5m). Also loaned out were Nile Ranger, James Tavernier, Jak Alnwick, and Haris Vuckic.

I had initially planned on not doing any business in January, but once again I was tempted by a pesky agent to buy Jose Sosa for £6m, and so far he's scored 4 and assisted 5 in 13 appearances so I'm quite pleased with that signing.

I currently line up:

GK: Krul

DR: Debuchy

DC: S.Taylor

DC: Coloccini

DL: Santon

DM: Tiote

DM: Anita

MC: Cabaye

AMR: Ben Arfa

AML: Sosa

ST: Cisse

Then my main rotation/backup players are Coleman, Okore, Kjaer, Ferguson, Perch, Bigirimana, Abeid, Gaitan, Marveaux, Adam Campbell, Sterling, and Frimpong.

Come next season the plan is to get rid of the rest of the rarely used fringe players (R.Taylor, Obertan, Shola etc...) and bring in some 18-21 year olds to fill out the team. I've already agreed deals for Bocchetti, Paloschi and a 15 year old, 5*, buy at all costs left winger from Italy :)

I am so jealous of all of you guys having instant success! I'm STruggling in my first season. Sitting 18th in the league after 7 games. 1w, 2D, 4L. (that's 5 points!!!) Demba Ba has scored 1 goal. Cisse 3 and Hatem 3. (in 12 games all competitions) In only one of the 6 league games I haven't won did we concede first. The team manages to completely fall apart when we score a goal. We've looked best playing a 4-2-3-1 wide formation, but looking good hasn't converted into winning. The Demba boys have been extremely underwhelming, and I'm considering cashing in on them at the end of the season.

Players out:

Xisco---3.5mil to Norwich.

Simpson---5mil to Celtic

Various loans.

Players In:

Caulker---Loan

Wellington Nem--- 3.5mil

Okore---1.3mil

Gaitan---8.5mil last minute of deadline day.

Any tactical help would be amazingly well received. Currently:

4-2-3-1 Wide (CM x 2)

Fluid

Counter to Attacking strategy

Direct passing, Creative Freedom, Pressing, Zonal Marking, More Roaming.

GK Krul

DL(WB-A) Santon

DC Colo

DC Saylor

DR(WB-S) Anita

CM(BWM) Tiote

CM(DLP-S) Cabaye

AML(W-A) Gaitain/Nem/Marveaux

AMC(AP-A) BenArfa/Nem/Vukic

AMR(W-S) BenArfa/Nem/Obertan

FC(Poacher) Ba/Cisse/Campbell/Nem

Start most games in Standard with Ret Poss, Push Up, Hassle Opp.

When we concede(always do) at home I push into Attack with Get ball Forward, Pass into Space

and away I usually go to Counter.

Obviously this doesn't work...

I am so jealous of all of you guys having instant success! I'm STruggling in my first season. Sitting 18th in the league after 7 games. 1w, 2D, 4L. (that's 5 points!!!) Demba Ba has scored 1 goal. Cisse 3 and Hatem 3. (in 12 games all competitions) In only one of the 6 league games I haven't won did we concede first. The team manages to completely fall apart when we score a goal. We've looked best playing a 4-2-3-1 wide formation, but looking good hasn't converted into winning. The Demba boys have been extremely underwhelming, and I'm considering cashing in on them at the end of the season.

Players out:

Xisco---3.5mil to Norwich.

Simpson---5mil to Celtic

Various loans.

Players In:

Caulker---Loan

Wellington Nem--- 3.5mil

Okore---1.3mil

Gaitan---8.5mil last minute of deadline day.

Any tactical help would be amazingly well received. Currently:

4-2-3-1 Wide (CM x 2)

Fluid

Counter to Attacking strategy

Direct passing, Creative Freedom, Pressing, Zonal Marking, More Roaming.

GK Krul

DL(WB-A) Santon

DC Colo

DC Saylor

DR(WB-S) Anita

CM(BWM) Tiote

CM(DLP-S) Cabaye

AML(W-A) Gaitain/Nem/Marveaux

AMC(AP-A) BenArfa/Nem/Vukic

AMR(W-S) BenArfa/Nem/Obertan

FC(Poacher) Ba/Cisse/Campbell/Nem

Start most games in Standard with Ret Poss, Push Up, Hassle Opp.

When we concede(always do) at home I push into Attack with Get ball Forward, Pass into Space

and away I usually go to Counter.

Obviously this doesn't work...

I had a similar start to my toon save but managed to turn it around.

I played

gk - krul

rb - simpson

cb- taylor

cb - colo

lb - santon

DMC(anchor) - tiote

mc(center)- cabaye

mc(left) - gutierez/marveaux

mc(right) - anita/gosling

omc - ben arfa

fc - rotated between cisse, milevski, ameobi etc

I played very fluid, attacking, direct,

that turned it around for me and ended up finishing 2nd in the first season.

ocasionally I would remove 1 mc and add another striker to make a 4-1-2-1-2

Archived