FM13: Newcastle United - Alan Pardew and The Eight Year Plan.

tommonufc

Season 1 transfers

20366c439aaf7666733fdd01b2f432e0.png

Made a tidy sum of £16.25m, of which 90% was added to the £7m starting budget, and freed up a fair amount of wages. Federico Peluso comes in at DL(and has performed superbly). Wellington Nem has unfortunately had a hard time with injuries, so has made just eight apps. Ademilson joined, and filled in admirably whilst a combination of injuries and the AFCON saw me without Ba and Cisse. Gelson Fernandes was the first of two signings from Sporting CP, as cover for Cheick Tiote. Next up I signed Jores Okore, who at 19 I hoped would be a player for the future, but managed to force himself into the first team. Ex-Liverpool player Emiliano Insua joined for just £1.3m, and would provide cover for Peluso.

January saw a double Brazilian signing. Doria signed, and will hopefully provide cover and another prospect for the future. Adryan needs no introduction, and will hopefully become a great playmaker. Due to the AFCON, I brought in Jose Callejon to cover the wings and strikers, and Mariga to cover the loss of Tiote.

Results when season is finished......

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Season 1 transfers

20366c439aaf7666733fdd01b2f432e0.png

Made a tidy sum of £16.25m, of which 90% was added to the £7m starting budget, and freed up a fair amount of wages. Federico Peluso comes in at DL(and has performed superbly). Wellington Nem has unfortunately had a hard time with injuries, so has made just eight apps. Ademilson joined, and filled in admirably whilst a combination of injuries and the AFCON saw me without Ba and Cisse. Gelson Fernandes was the first of two signings from Sporting CP, as cover for Cheick Tiote. Next up I signed Jores Okore, who at 19 I hoped would be a player for the future, but managed to force himself into the first team. Ex-Liverpool player Emiliano Insua joined for just £1.3m, and would provide cover for Peluso.

January saw a double Brazilian signing. Doria signed, and will hopefully provide cover and another prospect for the future. Adryan needs no introduction, and will hopefully become a great playmaker. Due to the AFCON, I brought in Jose Callejon to cover the wings and strikers, and Mariga to cover the loss of Tiote.

Results when season is finished......

cool... keep an eye out for dzagoev in the first 6 months....

you can get him on a bosman in the first Jan transfer window...... great player

Sold Ben Arfa last night.... he was almost 29 and wanted a new contract at over 100k per week .... great player but tested the waters and Real Madrid offered £30m for him so I couldnt refuse really. they signed him on 125k per week.

Luckily I dont really need him as I have 3, 5* pot youths comming through and with isco and others he was a rotation player anyway.

Just signed Barkley Defender (dc) from Middlesbrough... 5* dc for 7.5m... totally worth it.. first two game he got 2 MOM and should be an england int soon along with reme streete and taylor

cool... keep an eye out for dzagoev in the first 6 months....

you can get him on a bosman in the first Jan transfer window...... great player

Nah, didn't go for Dzagoev. I don't play with AMC enough to warrant splashing out on Dzagoev, who will not be a regular player.

Should complete the season very soon, so I will post a season review, so you guys can see how I fared in the first season.

Nah, didn't go for Dzagoev. I don't play with AMC enough to warrant splashing out on Dzagoev, who will not be a regular player.

Should complete the season very soon, so I will post a season review, so you guys can see how I fared in the first season.

fair enough..... I wouldnt have called it splashing out like as he's free.. and his wages wasnt anything massive... plus if you had like I did you can then just sell him on at the end of the first season... I sold him end of the second for £22m to Real.

in for free out for £22m ... even if you didnt play omc's its just a financial logical move... but each to their own.

good luck with the season

The problem I found with newcastle early on is the low wage cap.

in the first season I think I had a wage limit of 1.1m a week. which I had pretty much maxed out...

second season was about 1.3m which was much better due to league and cup success monies started season two with about 50m in the bank

then after season 2 had about 80m in the bank and wage limit of 1.5m

This season because of good transfer tactics i've got 150m plus sitting in the bankwith 110m available for transfers and wages of 1.7m which im still only using about 1.2m ....... it now allows me to be able to not worry about buying pretty much any player within reason and not worrying too much on wages for bosmans etc...

I was about to post an update with the progress of my Newcastle team in the third season, but realised I didn't post an update for the finish of our second season. So apologies in advance if this double update is a bit lengthy.

2013/14 Season Finale

newcastleunitedfixtures.png

Despite improving our form after a disappointing few weeks at the start of 2014, the momentum shift toward Manchester United in that period proved to be decisive. We could have levelled things at the top in the second last game of the season but, even though we dominated the match with an injury ravaged squad, 2 goals from Adam Campbell weren't enough to stop Utd escaping with a draw. That result meant they only needed a point from their final match of the season regardless of what we did away at the Emirates. Patrick Hermann, in for the injured Ben Arfa, grabbed us a winner at Arsenal, but 2 goals from Kagawa saw Utd beat Swansea and seal the title.

With 28 league goals Cisse was our star performer, but Kirchhoff and Bocchetti had great debut seasons. At the risk of being accused of having a mancrush :p it was also a real breakthrough season for Adam Campbell, with 18 goals from 20 starts and a couple of massive performances in key games.

englishpremierdivisionou.png

2014 Summer Transfer Window

I'd already set up my major transfer deal for this summer by agreeing a contract with CSKA Moscow's Keisuke Honda, with the Japanese AMC arriving at the start of July. I decided to identify a few targets for DoF to try and sign with the aim of bringing in a couple of English players capable of competing for 1st team places to help bolster the number of homegrown players in the squad. He managed to agree several deals for potential targets, a couple which I cancelled as I felt we were paying slightly too high a price (such as a £14.5 million deal for Tom Cleverly) and we ended up signing Jack Rodwell from Man City for £6.75 million upfront (with another £1.5 million depending on appearances and Caps) plus Kieran Trippier from Burnley for about £9 million. (He's a young right back who has a very solid spread of attributes a couple of seasons in and I'd recommend scouting him to anyone starting a new save to see if he could be picked up cheaply in 1st season). Phil Canon, my head of youth development, sorted out a deal for a 16yo, 5 star rated, winger from the Czech Republic that cost us £425,000 and should be a total bargain. While our final signing was to pick up Jorge Fucile for £1.1 million just to add some extra cover at both right and left back.

The only high profile departures from the club were Vernon Anita and Sammy Ameobi, both of whom were demanding more regular first team starts. Since I didn't see either of them being regulars unless we had a massive injury crisis I accepted their transfer requests, Anita headed off to Spurs for £10 million while Sammy left for Reading for £3.6 million.

So far still have the key names from the original starting squad and I've only had to fend off a really big bid for Ben Arfa so far. Tiote and Cabaye constantly seem to have interested parties, but no concrete bids as yet. We also had our first failed takeover attempt which meant we spent about a month with a transfer embargo in place, however it didn't prove particularly costly in terms of my dealings.

2014/15 - The first half of the season

englishpremierdivisiono.png

The season didn't seem to be getting off to a great start for us as we lost to Swansea in the second game and picked up injuries to both Cisse and Ba fairly early on. Cisse's injury was the more severe, keeping him out from September until January. However as you can see from the results we haven't missed them as much as I'd feared, largely due to one player.

With 32 goals and 11 assists in all competitions by the 24th of January Adam Campbell has pretty much made himself undroppable so far this season. His form kept Ba out of the side when he recovered from injury and if he continues like this the now fit again Cisse will also find it hard to regain his place once he returns from international duty. Ba has actually put in a transfer request but he got injured yet again for Senegal at the start of January, so it will be unlikely that we'll be able to sell him before the winter transfer window closes. Campbell has really flourished in the new 4-2-3-1 formation I've been playing, especially when playing ahead of Tadic, Honda and Ben Arfa as the 3 attacking midfielders.

The defense have also been in pretty impressive form, barring the odd lapse, with Kirchhoff and Bocchetti now established as the first choice central partnership, with Santon and Neil Taylor on the flanks. I've been very lucky with injuries to Tim Krul as he is currently the only really decent keeper at the club and I need to find him some good backup or competition.

Funny how this game can fill you hatred for a club, and you can contstruct your own vendetta and build nemeses with managers - as such I have done with Man City and Roberto Mancini. Finally silenced Man City, and although I've beaten them previously, I've never out-played them, so beating them, and having the likes of Aguero, Hamsik, Felliani's efforts wasted in trying to get the ball off of me was brilliant :D Also takes me firmly back into the title race, after dropping points early on.

8245722742_e476ca2af7_b.jpg

8244655629_0faf0939a1_b.jpg

Got the England national team job a few months ago, after Robbie Di Matteo was on the verge on missing out on qualifying to the 2018 World Cup - with the side sitting 35th in the World Rankings. Won the remaining group games and finished second, and then proceeding through the to finals via a qualifyer against Austria.

Needless to say I've filled the side with Toon players. Adam Campbell was already a mainstay in the side, with around 20 something caps, but that was about it. Recalled Steven Taylor, and brought him out of retirement after I'd previously requested his retirement as a club manager. Made Jack Butland my number one, and have plans for William Dobson to be my first choice at right wing back my the time I get to Russia next summer. Given Gael Bigirimana his first cap, likewise wise Streete and Martin Rae, and plans for Sammy Ameobi hopefully before he switches alliances to Nigeria.

Got quite a good crop of young English players at the club I've had come through the youth academy, that are filling the U21s and U19s too. Hoping to win the World Cup filled with black and white :p

Here's what my side looks like; (*denotes Toon player)

J.Butland*

J.Tomkins --- S.Taylor* --- P.Jones

K.Walker -------------------------------------------------` L.Baines

J.Cork

J.Wilshere --- W.Hughes

W.Rooney

A.Campbell*

how (and where) do you guys play Wellington Nem? signed him during the first window and nothing amazing comes from him yet 10 games into the season. tried him in AMC or AML or AMR but nothing sparkles as of now

in the match feed my assman always says that he has trouble communicating with players but I usually play 3 Brazilians in the side (Adryan and Anderson).

how (and where) do you guys play Wellington Nem? signed him during the first window and nothing amazing comes from him yet 10 games into the season. tried him in AMC or AML or AMR but nothing sparkles as of now

in the match feed my assman always says that he has trouble communicating with players but I usually play 3 Brazilians in the side (Adryan and Anderson).

I havent signed him myself but i'd start with his best position as AMC , advanced playmaker...... if you play him on the left or right use the inside forward... I found using ben arfa at AMR and inside forward worked well.......it might just take a few weeks or months for him to fully settle... I've had a few players mention the 'trouble communicating' thing and it does effect their initial performances but i notced after a while it stops and they start to adapt ..

I had a similar thing with Isco .. and hes fine now

Into the driving seat for the 2017/18 title. Never led a title race before, wooossh! Campbell's hitting form and I've formed a nice midfield trio behind him of Iniesta, Gotze and Caprari who've helped him bag eight in his last three games. Favorite player of FM13 by a country mile so far. Let's hope he can turn out this good in real life!

His latest efforts helped me jump ahead of Gaurdiola's Man United with a late goal.

8248005391_b11ca5785c_b.jpg

8249071384_bfcaae9cd5_b.jpg

Just about to start my fourth season and had one of my biggest transfer windows so far, well in terms of sales.

I felt it was time to rely heavily on Bigi and Barkley if I want them to fulfill their potential; they were already first choice last season but had to rotate with Abeid/Vuckic/Cabaye/Tiote/Anite/Cerny(Regen). So here were my outgoings:

Perch - £2.5m (Defence is sorted so didn't need him)

Abeid - £6m (Played less than 15 games last season and £6m for a player close to his 3* potential seemed like a good deal)

Vuckic - £5.5m (See Abeid)

Ba - £20m (Contract expiring next summer and demanding £50k+. Campbell, Jovetic and Ademilson won't miss him dearly.)

Cabaye - £26.5m (Moaning about contract, wanting ridiculous wages and fees. £26.5m for a 29 year old is a cracking deal.)

It'd be stupid to lose four first team members, so I bought Wilshere (£21.5m) and three new regens (GK, AML/R/ST & ST). I'm still tempted to look at selling Tiote as he's attracting interest and I have Anita and Cerny who play just as well, if not better. It'd just be a lack of strong tutors that I'd miss him for. Got a tough group in the Champions League and want to finally win a cup this year so my squad will be stretched. I either play a 4-5-1 or a 4-4-2:

GK: Krul, Albrecht®

FB: Clyne, Santon, Solly, N.Taylor (All play both sides)

CB: Streete, Okore, S.Taylor, Tomkins

DM: Cerny, Tiote, Anita

CM: Wilshere, Bigirimana, Barkley

W: Ben Arfa, Ince, Walcott

ST: Campbell, Jovetic, Ademilson

I have 7 regens who are 4* or above potential, but 3 of them are strikers so it'll be difficult to give them all a lot of games. I have a GK, FB, CM and AML coming through with them that will probably see more gametime this season. Only 10 of my squad (regens included) are non-UK nationals, but Krul and Ademilson are HG at the club, and Cerny and Albrecht will join them in a year or two. The plan is to eventually have a squad all HG in England, with quite a through being brought through my youth system. I've been trying to keep expanding the facilities, now having an established youth recruitment, excellent junior coaching and top training/youth facilities (Although the last 2 are being upgraded again). The only players who won't be HG in the UK then will be Okore, Santon, Anita, Tiote, HBA and Jovetic. All are valued 1st teamers, although I could probably phase out Tiote this season and Ben Arfa only has 2 or 3 left until he'll begin to deteriorate. In an ideal world Ben Arfa will be replaced by one of my regens, but I'm still looking for someone to fill Tiote's place.

Hi guys, just taken over Newcastle in the first season after Pardew was unexpectedly sacked, i need massive help with my tactics! i want to play a 4-2-3-1 but can find anything to work, seems like a lot of guys are having huge success here, your tactics must be fantastic!

I have all the default squad with some additions from Pardew's summer including Jack Cork. The only real first teamer he sold was Ben Arfa (which is a huge shame)

So i need some advice on tactics and moving the squad forward? Already have Zaha coming in in January

"Cabaye - £26.5m (Moaning about contract, wanting ridiculous wages and fees. £26.5m for a 29 year old is a cracking deal."

Clearly your negotiation skills aren't up to scratch :p - got him signed down until he's well into his 30s for around £50k!

Well i think i may have got onto something switched my team too a 4-1-2-2-1 and seems to be working, great wins away at Fulham and Arsenal and a comfortable win in the FA Cup all be it against Gateshead. Any ideas on who i should look to get out in January and who to replace them with? Was thinking of moving on Jonas.

newcastleunitedtacticso.png

On another note, losing Tiote and Cisse to the ACON is a killer!!

"Cabaye - £26.5m (Moaning about contract, wanting ridiculous wages and fees. £26.5m for a 29 year old is a cracking deal."

Clearly your negotiation skills aren't up to scratch :p - got him signed down until he's well into his 30s for around £50k!

He was asking for £65k+ for me and the agent/loyalty fees were far too high. Just happy I managed to get Wilshere for less money and hopefully with his long contract I won't have to negotiate for a while :p

So the seasons finished for me, with a few weeks to go i was round about where i took over the great toon sat in 12th place. But on reflection of the season i think ive done a very admirabe job and im very excited about the season to follow :D

Squad Overview

newcastleunitedsquadplas.png

Any tips on improving this squad would be great? i've already wrapped up deals for the relegated trio of Natahniel Clyne, Morgen Schneiderlein and Gaston Ramirez. I have to say im extremley dissapointed with the return of Cisse. Do people think i should sell him? replace him with Ba and play Ramirez wide left, or buy in another striker?

Fixtures

A great 11 game unbeaten run at the end of the season including a fantastic 1-1 away at the Etihad and 2-2 away at White Hart Lane

League Table

englishpremierdivisionoa.png

That sum means nothing in all honesty. How much do you value him, how well is he playing? From the above screenshot he doesn't seem to be pulling up any trees - 10 goals?

Who are you going to replace him with up front? I'd say hold out for another season, get him scoring loads of goals then cash in maybe.

Need some quick responses guys had two offers for Pappis off £20m of Juve and Benfica, should i sell??

If he's not pulling up any trees for you like Tommo says then move him on. See if you can get a haf decent striker in on the cheap on loan or transfer listed while you get Adam Campbell tutored by Ba (assuming you do sell Cisse that is), Alberto Paloschi might be available on a free if he hasn't signed a new contract already and there were some other pretty good forwards available in the transfer market after the first season on my save. (I didn't really go in for any of them as Cisse was performing well for me and Ba was playing pretty well when not injured)

Also is anybody else irritated with this year's game? Pre-match team talks seem to have no positive effect at all, and it seems like you need to watch every game on full match and tweak your tactic during them otherwise you'll end up getting hammered. I mean I've played some autistic games before but this is starting to test my tolerance limits.

Also is anybody else irritated with this year's game? Pre-match team talks seem to have no positive effect at all, and it seems like you need to watch every game on full match and tweak your tactic during them otherwise you'll end up getting hammered. I mean I've played some autistic games before but this is starting to test my tolerance limits.

yeah I have to admit the pre match talks are crap at best.

The only one that provokes a good response is to tell them calmly to "just go out and enjoy the game".... luckily I've had a good set of results using that one,

So im heading into my first full season with the toon full of excitement. I decided to sell Cisse as the £20m allowed me to improve all aspects of the job. I think we've done some sensational business.

Transfers

newcastletransfershistos.png

I think theres some brilliant business here, M'Villa is a special player and its great to have Carroll back.

Andy Carroll

andycarrolloverviewprof.png

Davide Astori

davideastorioverviewpro.png

We managed to pinched this guy of the likes of Real Madrid, Valencia & City. He looks superb at such a young age.

Min

sonheungminoverviewprof.png

the guy brought in to replace the goals of Cisse (only 10 of them!)

newcastlep.png

Season Review 2012/2013

Pre-Season Friendlies

Average pre-season. Easy win v Team Northumbria to warm up, draw v River Plate, and a defeat v Boca Juniors. Went into the season with a win over Llangollen.

A busy first window, with six players leaving. Jonas brought in a welcome £7.5m, and Obertan £3.2m. Also out are fringe players Ryan 'over the wall' Taylor, and Dan Gosling, along with bad boy Nile Ranger. The rest all on loans to further their career.

Incoming saw six in the first window. Federico Peluso comes in as first choice DL(as I retrain Santon back to DR), whilst his backup will be former Liverpool kid Emiliano Insua. Brazilian hotshots Wellington Nem and Ademilson join, and will provide competition for the first team from the start. Gelson Fernandes gives cover for Tiote, whilst Jores Okore came in to strengthen the defensive options. January saw Doria and Adryan, another two Brazilian kids, whilst Jose Callejon and MacDonald Mariga came in to cover losses at the AFCON.

Happy with the Premier League finish. However looking back at some games I could have picked more points up in, it could have been so much better. Stand-out results are the away win at Tottenham(1-0), home win over Arsenal(1-0), and a derby double over Sunderland(3-0 & 2-1). Of the defeats, Stoke(H, 0-2), Chelsea(H, 0-1) and Man U(H, 0-1). Hopefully something I can improve upon next season.

A Capital One Cup win was welcome, which got the trophy drought out of the way. The win over Manchester United in the semi-final was a particular highlight, along with a blazing start in the Final vs WBA. The FA Cup was a disappointment, but at the time the squad was depleted through a mixture of injuries and the African Cup of Nations, so weakened sides were fielded.

The Europa League was a good learning experience for the team, with a very pleasing performance in the group stage, conceding just one goal en route to winning what could have been a tricky group. The knock-out stage provided two very good wins over two very solid Italian sides, Napoli and Lazio. The dream was ended with a unfortunate 90+5' goal from Dynamo Kyiv in the second leg, after looking like holding out for the semi-final place.

With a tough season, I had to use my squad to it's limits, which it did well. Papiss Cisse was the standout, scoring a magnificent 25 goals, followed by surprise of the season Ademilson, who chipped in with 17 goals. Steven Taylor proved to be a rock in defence, whilst Hatem Ben Arfa was the major creative force, with a fantastic 22 assists. Disappointing season for Demba Ba, with just 8 goals, although 8 assists too. Also credible cameos this season from Adam Campbell, Curtis Good, and the ever-improving Jores Okore.

To be brutally honest you've made a bit of a mess replacing Cisse. Min really does have some shocking mental stats, and very average for the price you've paid for him. Would be suprised if you can ever get anything out of him, let alone the quality that Cisse could have given you. Struggling to see what he excels at, hopefully if you can get him tutored he improve.

Very good price on M'Villa though.

Defiantly a player that I'd stay clear of. He has acceptable stats for a poacher for a lower league PL side, but that's about it. Unless you're playing with a expoit tactic such as last seasons three strikers, he's never going to score enough goals for you.

Signed Wesley Sneijder for £850K from Inter this January. This now means I could field a midfield trio of Sneijder, Iniesta and Schweinstieger holding - if only the year was 2010 :p Sadly it's 2018, and they have a combined age of 99!

Coaches aren't rating Schweinstieger too highly, but he's been brilliant for me. Play him at the base of the midfield, and he rarely gives the ball away. Iniesta has been pretty good, turning on his magic on a few occasions to turn games; but probably doesn't start enough games for him to really take hold of things at this age.

8252347605_2ecb302dff_b.jpg

8253417864_aa6be80223_b.jpg

8252346931_33b74459c8_b.jpg

8253915586_a989b68872_b.jpg

Anyone else had St. James' expanded yet? New chairman (well relatively new) has agreed to it finally in January 2018. Hoping to stick around long enough for a new ground to be built - hopefully shouldn't be long in regard to being able to afford one, as I've got in place a very good scouting system around the world and a top academy, so player purchases will be very low in the future. So revenue should come streaming in once I can finally win the CL, and then again a few times..

Gallowgate expansion ahoy!

sjp2004lum2.jpg

Youth Intake 2018

Latest batch of youngsters have come through from the academy. Looks to be no real world beaters, but a couple that seem to have what it takes to have a future. The last guy probably doesn't have a career ahead of him in professional football, but appears to have a name that would see him fall into the career of adult entertainment, although might need to improve his stamina :p

8254357844_e07691fa40_b.jpg

8254357646_a1b6a26ecc_b.jpg

8253284529_03aaa0893e_b.jpg

8254358172_cac51eefaf_b.jpg

8254358368_a331242fc4_b.jpg

Decided to take a look at this thread and guess what???? Going to start a save with newcastle!!!!! Never played with them before, but it seems a great team and I hope to have a great fun with it!!!!Congratulations on the opening thread and I'm gonna read a little more for some more tips!!!!!

Has anyone else tried a narrow 4-4-2 diamond with Newcastle? I've just completed my first season using it, and came away with three trophies, finished second in the league and saw both Cisse and Ba score over 25 goals in all comps (Ba had 33 in 44 starts, Cisse 26 in the same number).

It's also resulted in some outstanding performances, my favourite of the 12/13 season being this one:

Come the second season, we're still powering through with a much improved squad. Sticking with the same formation, we netted a 3-0 spanking over Real Madrid in the Super Cup -

Quality is quite poor, apologies.

Comings and Goings:

I've sold both Tiote and Jonas at the end of season one, getting a combined 45 million for them. This is 'cause I bougt M'Vila part through season 1 for 11mil (thank you transfer request). Kyle Walker also signed for 9 million as AVB managed to **** him off. They were done over 48 months in January, which I hated doing but for the talent on option it's a worth while trade off. James Ward-Prowse was signed at the start of the season for 6million. More than I'd normally pay on a young player, but he's been a cracking signing and learning a lot from Cabaye. I'm hoping by the start of season 3 he'll be ready for consistent first team football.

Season two also saw us bring in Landon Donovan for 1.8mil, Sokratis Papastopopolous? from Bremen for 9mil. James Milner's joined on loan, Buttner from Man U has signed for 2.6 mil, and Daley Blind from Ajax for 3.5mil.

Streete has improved greatly thanks to a focused training programme and tutoring from Steven Taylor. Adam Campbell is a monster, managed 10 goals last season in all competitions which is a promising start and saved me forking out on an expensive third choice. We've also got a few newgens who look promising, an attacking mid who looks like an Italian Ben Arfa, a CB who will easily match Colo in ability and another CF who looks like he's a pure powerhouse target man.

Things are looking good.

How do you guys play Cisse/Ba by the way?

Cant seem to get them playing with any sort of consistency, trying 4-2-2-2 at the mo with Ba as trequartista and Cisse as poacher and when they aint injured or at ACON they are sucking, have the odd hat-trick stormer to keep me from selling them.

Tried TM/P, AF/P, even had BA out wide in a 5-1-2-2-1 Chelski style with ba and barfa IF/S and Cisse lone poacher and none of it is over clever, Vuckic and Campbell just swan in with their 1 1/2 star CA and boss them out of the squad.

Edit: First season over, Everton won the PL and the very last game of the season we 3-2 the makems and relegate them :))) good stuff... won the carling cup sucked at everythin else, finished 8th PL.

How do you guys play Cisse/Ba by the way?

Cant seem to get them playing with any sort of consistency, trying 4-2-2-2 at the mo with Ba as trequartista and Cisse as poacher and when they aint injured or at ACON they are sucking, have the odd hat-trick stormer to keep me from selling them.

Tried TM/P, AF/P, even had BA out wide in a 5-1-2-2-1 Chelski style with ba and barfa IF/S and Cisse lone poacher and none of it is over clever, Vuckic and Campbell just swan in with their 1 1/2 star CA and boss them out of the squad.

Edit: First season over, Everton won the PL and the very last game of the season we 3-2 the makems and relegate them :))) good stuff... won the carling cup sucked at everythin else, finished 8th PL.

I play Cisse as a poacher and Ba on the the left wing set as an inside forward in either a 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 formation. Cisse has been pretty prolific in the lone forward role, scoring 19 in 21, Ba less so with 6 in 18 but obviously he is slightly restricted having been shifted out wide. Ben Arfa is the one who I've struggled to get firing so far as he only has 1 goal and 5 assists in 22 appearances.

I've been playing Cisse as a Poacher during the first 2 seasons and it seemed to work for me, either on his own in a single striker formation or with Ba playing alongside as a Deep-Lying forward in a 4-4-2 formation. Don't think I'm doing anything particularly clever with the tactics or his instructions, he just seemed to be in form for me. Perhaps because the likes of Ben Arfa and Cabaye and Jonas were all playing well and creating chances.

In the third season so far we've nearly always played 4-2-3-1 and it's been Campbell playing as the lone striker due to long term injury to Cisse, but he seems to be playing even better in that role.

Archived