FM:13 From topdogs to underdogs, Rangers Football Club

lovenkrands01

Well, got a transfer kitty of £3.5m, which I think is pretty decent, though I'm struggling to find quality players for the positions I need (AMR, ST & GK). Though I've signed Lindegaard for £400k with Alexander leaving on a free and Lee Camp as our only first team GK.

I agreed terms with 2 Argentinian forwards but both had their work permits knocked back so I may have to trawl through the U21 teams for newgens, although to seriously challenge next year we do need a couple of forwards who can come in and improve us immediately.

Next season though, 2nd place will get us back in the CL rather than the Europa.

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, got a transfer kitty of £3.5m, which I think is pretty decent, though I'm struggling to find quality players for the positions I need (AMR, ST & GK). Though I've signed Lindegaard for £400k with Alexander leaving on a free and Lee Camp as our only first team GK.

I agreed terms with 2 Argentinian forwards but both had their work permits knocked back so I may have to trawl through the U21 teams for newgens, although to seriously challenge next year we do need a couple of forwards who can come in and improve us immediately.

Next season though, 2nd place will get us back in the CL rather than the Europa.

Yeah hard to find strong players for cheap, I brought in Craig Conway, Leigh Griffiths & Alan Mcgregor on loan and finished my first season back in SPL strong. Bloody work permits! I've been trying to sign a 15yo Brazilian wonderkid for a year now with everything agreed WP gets knocked back everytime despite scout report saying likely to be granted on appeal. Annoying. Just know bigger club will come in snap him up lol!

How's your youth academy intakes gone?

Have to be honest and say I've not paid too much attention to Academy Intakes in the first two seasons - primarily because it's the one area of the game I'm really rusty with having never really focussed much time on before.

Saying that, I've tried to bring a number of youngsters through into the First Team or give them experience in the squad - Ramsay, MacLeod, Aird, McKay, Knight and Walsh have all have turns playing in the First Team, with the first four in that list now being regulars in the side. I've a Head of Youth Development and he keeps bringing in Youth Prospects from other clubs rather than focusing on the potential talents in our youth ranks, and I'm not sure how I can change this, short of just getting rid of that member of staff altogether!

You can switch that function off in staff responsibilities. The HoYD is needed for his high JPA, JPP, preferred formation and most importantly his personality. It's said he'll bring through more players with his personality and that fit in his preferred formation, so grabbing a model pro is ideal. I got lucky, an ex-player with 18 in both JPA/JPP, model pro and 4-3-3 formation and on under £1k pw.

He or the club in general have brought through some amazing newgens. Saves me so much money because there isn't a transfer fee, and they'll have lower demands than a foreign newgen. I try to use these player more than anything due to this. Poaching from other Scottish clubs is also wise as they have lower wage demands than other newgens.

I basically move the best of the new intake into my first team to get full time training and remind they should get some game time. I wait until they get "HG at club" then loan them out if needed.

I have a large database and around 10 nations loaded, and multiple leagues per nation, but I don't have Croatian leagues loaded at all. I'm finding some of the best newgens here and for decent prices. My early newgen captures, Benic and Storga (few pages back) had release clauses, so it's always worth a look.

I have a large database and around 10 nations loaded, and multiple leagues per nation, but I don't have Croatian leagues loaded at all. I'm finding some of the best newgens here and for decent prices. My early newgen captures, Benic and Storga (few pages back) had release clauses, so it's always worth a look.

I did sign a couple of Croatian newgens when I was in the first division having read your earlier post. One, a left back, made his debut at 15, breaking the club record and he started most of our games back in the SPL and averaged in the 6.9's at 16 years old so hopefully he'll be a good one. My other Croat is an AMRC but played mostly as a sub and averaged in the 6.7's I think. Maybe I just need to tweak things to get our front 3 working better but I think I need to bring someone in how can make an immediate impact. McKay averaged a goal every 3 games in the SPL after averaging a goal every 2 games in the lower divisions. I need to get 20+ goals out of him rather than 9.

Not been on the save for a couple of evenings but I'll be scouring Europe over the weekend I'm sure. ;)

EDIT: On a bit of a side note, and I don't want to hijack the thread so feel free to PM me rather than posting here. I used to have all the season review videos from when Souness took over as manager all the way through the 9 in a row run. I think I've seen a box set of that but it's about £50 which is a little steep for me but do the official history DVD or the 140years DVD have a lot of that era footage wise?

I'm not too sure about the DVDs. I have one on an old hard dive that was more the entire history and only touched on the 9 in a row.

Try YouTube, if you search Rangers 9 in a row, you'll get an hr long vid. I don't really own sports DVDs, as they are normally fairly pricey for what they are.

Anyways, to make this post semi Rangers FM related.

My 2018/19 season group contains

Real Madrid

Napoli

Partizan

Early shock Partizan beat Napoli, and we got a draw against RM.

I'm aiming at 2nd spot as RM are really strong.

Got promoted to SPL by now.

Here is my Lineup. Also got some nice talents. Sauli Nylund, Igor, Gauld, Novais, Greenwood...

Will try to sign a beter playmaker after this season. Got 2mil transfer budget left because i sold Johannes Geis to Alicante for 4,6 mil.

Got Diego Rodriguez (Defensor Sporting), Gauld (Dundee Utd), Camp (Forrest) and Khizinichenko (Karagandy) on a Free.

McCulloch is a Coach for me now, also Berry Ferguson is a Fitness Coach for me.

r7txxe.png

You can switch that function off in staff responsibilities. The HoYD is needed for his high JPA, JPP, preferred formation and most importantly his personality. It's said he'll bring through more players with his personality and that fit in his preferred formation, so grabbing a model pro is ideal. I got lucky, an ex-player with 18 in both JPA/JPP, model pro and 4-3-3 formation and on under £1k pw.

He or the club in general have brought through some amazing newgens. Saves me so much money because there isn't a transfer fee, and they'll have lower demands than a foreign newgen. I try to use these player more than anything due to this. Poaching from other Scottish clubs is also wise as they have lower wage demands than other newgens.

I basically move the best of the new intake into my first team to get full time training and remind they should get some game time. I wait until they get "HG at club" then loan them out if needed.

Ahh right. See there's me taking a non-technical viewpoint, adopting Paul Scholes as my HoYD because, well, he's Paul Scholes.

Derp.

I'll have to pay more attention to it then from now on.

Got some game time in today.

Season 2018/19 update - Mid Season

Sitting 1st after 19 games played on 47pts, 14W, 5D, 0L.

41goals, 7 conceded. Happy about the conceded as my backline and keeper are settled.

McCall's destruction of Celtic continues.

Sitting 5th after 19 games played on 27pts, 7W, 6D, 6L.

So the titles in the bag this season, and I hope McCall gets fired or leaves as it gets boring without competition.

After getting no job offers for 5 seasons, I'm suddenly inundated with offers. Schalke, Sevilla, QPR, Reading, Tottenham have all approached me, which is good, but leaving sucks. Just watching the AI destroy everything you built is no fun.

Decided to take the USA job for a while. They have some good newgens, but I don't think I'll last long, as international management gets boring fast. Especially when I don't have the nations leagues loaded. I want the Scotland job, then it'll push me towards using even more Scottish players.

Just started, managed to get habib beye in at right back as well as barbour (loan from Kilmarnock) as don't rate argyriou at all. Also, got ben gordon on free to back up lee wallace, got kevin thomson back to add bit more to midfield, danny green on the RM, re-training sheils there as well. Playing 4-3-2-1 with wide midfield and narrow attacking midfielders. Thinking of sending kyle hutton and/or mcleod out on loan first season as using black, mcculloch more.

End of season 2018/19 update

Came third in the ECL group stage, losing on goal diff to Napoli.

Went into the Europa Cup, thrashing Sion, then beating PSV, Ajax, and meeting Zenit in the final. They beat Chelsea in the other semi final.

So, a repeat of the 2008 cup final, and I won 4-0. Good finish to the season, one where Celtic finished 5th and McCall still has the job, although 'very insecure'. I won the league by around 25+ points, so hoping next season Celtic get stronger. I doubt it.

My youth academy player turned star striker had a great season scoring 51 goals in 49(1) appearances, all comps.

Now the fun begins of selling off some stars.

End of season 2018/19 update

Came third in the ECL group stage, losing on goal diff to Napoli.

Went into the Europa Cup, thrashing Sion, then beating PSV, Ajax, and meeting Zenit in the final. They beat Chelsea in the other semi final.

So, a repeat of the 2008 cup final, and I won 4-0. Good finish to the season, one where Celtic finished 5th and McCall still has the job, although 'very insecure'. I won the league by around 25+ points, so hoping next season Celtic get stronger. I doubt it.

My youth academy player turned star striker had a great season scoring 51 goals in 49(1) appearances, all comps.

Now the fun begins of selling off some stars.

Hope the final wasn't held in Manchester again lol. Not been getting much game time recently, hopefully get more this weekend currently in 2017/18 season. Well done winning a European trophy was thinking getting put into Europa League via CL would give me more chance of a decent run. Did you get decent prize money for the win?

More than I expected, around £6mil, then around 6 for ECL TV revenue. Made a £18mil profit for the year, AGM said funded mainly by player sales of £24mil.

Looking to bring in same amount, if not more this season. I splashed the cash (£8.25mil) on a quality winger from Georgia. I didn't really need him, but he's a large step up on what I have, and I was able to send my current one out for £1.8mil loan deal.

The final was in Poland, so Manchester was saved.

My USA stint came to an end, I took over just before the Gold Cup. Got them to the semi's easily only to meet Mexico. Got beat 2-0, then I quit. I find international management so boring. I still want the Scotland job though, as I know all the youth coming through, as they are basically all mine.

Current wage bill is £300k pw, but that's because it's preseason. Looking to offload some players and loan some out. Hopefully get it around £250k mark.

Sold Russell for £4mil, and Gasparatto for £5mil. Should have gotten more but interest fell as he wasn't getting game time. Still could have stayed but he want £14k pw, and I have better youth than him now, on £1k pw.

Celtic look even worse. McCall has managed to stay, and his purchases are really bad. No ambition, just washed up players from championship/prem sides. I hope he gets sacked soon, and they get a top manager.

EDIT: McCall just left to take the Newcastle job.

Hearts got the other champions league spot, but their squad sucks, so they won't get into the groups unfortunately.

Thanks for your help. That's a shame, was looking to sign daly on pre-contract (as per real life) but he's gone to Birmingham (even worse for me as a Villa fan)! Is there a way of the embargo being replicated in the game as it is IRL?

I don't think so, unless you remove it. Not sure if its hard coded.

Then instead of signing immediately you can set for "End of season (Scotland)" and still offer deals to bosmans.

Luckily it's only two windows anyway (a season).

Just edited it. I must have forgot to read over my post. I meant luckily its only the one season and you get a window to strengthen first. It flew by pretty quickly.

Goian and Boca were fairly easy to ship out for me, but I only got around their current value for them. Their wages are massive in comparison so I was pleased to rid them no matter the price.

Sandaza was one of the first players I sold as I don't like him IRL. I sold him to some lower tier English team. I've seen people get 30+ goals from him a season, but I got that out of McKay, and he's cheaper and younger.

I have many playable leagues loaded, and down to League 2 of the English tier. This is where most of the interest comes from in my save. Depending on the quality of the player from League 2 up to the Prem. It's great because English clubs overspend.

Howdy folks, just thought I would finally chip in on how I am doing on my Rangers save. Really enjoying this save, and that is really hard to say coming from an Aberdeen fan :cool: I have just started season 5, going through qualifying rounds for champions league, in play off and have beaten Rosenberg 4-0 away in 1st leg. I am a cheapskate, so most of my signings have been free's/end of contract/transfer list etc. I have picked up some great youth in my journey and will show some later. I play a 41221, it is a formation I have always preferred and was done me proud over the many years I have played this game. Roles and stuff have changed but it has been pretty settled for last 2 seasons.

I have won all 4 divisions in 4 years, first back in SPL was won on last day of season, I was trailing Celtic by 3 points and I beat them at parkhead in 2nd last game of season. That seemed to shatter them as they lost to Hibs on last day and I beat Caley 3-0. I have 3 Challenge Cup wins and 2 Scottish Cup wins. 1st Season in SPL was also my first back in europe. Europa league (or euro cup whatever it is called), scraped through group stage against Napoli and Rubin. Got Arsenal after Xmas. Lost on penalties after agg 1-1.

Tactic, after Rosenberg game

2013-04-16_00001.jpg

1st signing in Div 3 I think, pretty much been an ever present ever since

2013-04-16_00002.jpg

Germany is a great place to pick up youth players, has been immense at RB

2013-04-16_00003.jpg

Picked this guy up from Derry City for 130k while in Div2, has really progressed and is awesome in a CM s role.

2013-04-16_00005.jpg

My first Brazilian, and most expensive signing at 1.2m

2013-04-16_00006.jpg

A great prospect and really coming on

2013-04-16_00007.jpg

Released from Bayern Munich in summer, will need a bit of work and a lot of games but has potential

2013-04-16_00008.jpg

My youth academy hasn't been great yet, this guy is best to have come through so far

2013-04-16_00011.jpg

I have a good bunch of youth from europe in reserves and out on loan, have a few experienced guys in as well. Faure and Gasporroto have just been immense, I am keeping an eye out for bargain replacements :lol: Best Bargain is probably Frimpong, from Arsenal. Got at start of first SPL season for a transfer of £0 from Arsenal. I also picked up Karlen Mkrtchyan from Metalurg on a free and is a good DM but can also be a great Box to Box guy. I robbed Cardiff of a few good players, Kadeem Harris is really good and consistent and Gestede is a good SPL striker. So my adventures continue, catch you lot soon.

EDIT, champ league group - Man City, SLB and Dynamo Kyiv.

Welcome and congrats on your success. Looking foward to seeing your screenies, but looks like they're down atm.

Small update on my save: 2019

After McCall left Celtic, Mark Hughes came in. Made some better signings and performances.

I lost 1-0 to Man Utd in the Super Cup, my CM got sent off after 30mins, then my winger got sent off after 68mins. Both second yellows, yet a told them to be cautious and tackle easy. So annoyed.

Ah well, always next season.

Ah i know what happened with the screens, i uploaded them to my photobucket, linked them and tehn stuck em in an album. Will sort it when i get home. Yeah i followed the thread while I was going though my game, just thought i'd post later into teh game when I got in champs league etc

Nice screenies. Fairly high wages for some of those youth players, but if they are first choice or rotation I guess it doesn't matter.

I've noticed European newgens will want a fair bit to come to you, even as unattached, as shown by the Germans you have.

In the 2nd SPL season average bosman newgens wanted £8-£12k pw to join me, and won't negotiate down. Really means you have to choose wisely and shop around.

My highest wage player is still under £30k pw, and he's a worldwide rep 'superstar'.

How did you get so many screenies in the one post? I thought there was a 4max limit?

i didnt know there was a limit to number of screenshots, i just linked from my photobucket account. Yeah some of the wages are quite steep but most of the guys i linked are 1st team. That was good about coming up through leagues, you could develop them a bit easier. Think my current highest wage is 12k, but i am sure that will go up.

Ah ok, maybe the Good player and team guide section doesn't have a limit. I might post some of my lads later.

My main formation is almost exactly the same as yours bar only a few roles. Eg. My CM is on attacking role, I don't used WB on the default setup but change when needed in match, and I now use two wingers instead of IFs, mainly because I've been able to get some amazingly pacey newgen wingers.

I've tried to keep my wage bill in one with the max hitting £300k pw. I've now reduced it to £250k pw, which is a very healthy amount per season, considering the talent I have.

EDIT: Just sold my newgen Northern Irish LB to Spurs for £12mil. Brought Wallace back as rotation for £525k.

In Season three since promotion to the SPL. Back to Back Champions. Second Season where iam in the Groupstage of CL.

Its getting boring right now if iam honest. Either iam quitting, wait till my contract runs out (2 seasons left) or ill begin a new game.

Beginning of the Season i selled Perry, Hutton, Camp and some regens from my youth. Got 22mil transfer budget left and 60k on wages.

Still trying to sell Faure and maybe Gasparotto. So in with the new (mostly regens) and out with the squad which gets older and cant cope with the pace anymore. Here are some screenies.

2i0svat.png

nx75ly.png

et8r37.png

72zrli.png

Wow. That's a target man if I've ever seen one. Crazy attributes besides his bravery (for aerial challenges), still doesn't seem to stop him scoring.

I'm pretty sure Duncan Greenwood works at SI.

"Haha I will always be these things:

Duncan Greenwood

English

25/01/1996

Favourite team: Newcastle

6ft 5inches

Random PA and CA, so I am normally sh*te"

You should post it in the Rate My Regen, I'm sure there's another Duncan Greenwood there. He's responded to it as well. Funny how I remember that, but forget sections of Corporations law that I'm studying.

Also, regarding getting bored. I'm the same. I've started to focus more so on only using youth academy players, but just started a Dortmund save too. Next FM, which I'll wait till last patch, I'm going to put Celtic and Rangers in League 2. Add more of a challenge to compete with the Prem clubs. Actually I kind of want to do that now, as Dortmund will get boring fast.

Thank you. I could not believe i signed him on a free from Newcastle 3 years ago.

I will post that there. Plus the screen of when i signed him.

He got the Golden Boot last year but now he wants to move to a bigger club. Yeah...thought of the same. ;)

Although i have to disagree with you that Dortmund will "ever" get boring i find the idea of putting Celtic and Rangers in League 2 really interesting. Maybe ill try that too.

I loved my Dortmund save in last version of FM, but after winning the champions league 3 times in a row, it got boring. I decided to sell the main stars and only use youth academy players. Still, ending up playing 10+ seasons. Player development was the main attraction by then.

In my current Rangers save, I'm already at that point. 2019 and the league is easy to walk over and the club is rich. I think the fact that I've played as Rangers in a long term save since FM07, it's got a bit stale. The rest bite was the FM12 Dortmund save.

Atm, though as I love long term saves I feel Old firm into League 1/2 would provide the longest competitive save.

I wrote the statement above because iam a supporter in real life from Dortmund. Though i never played them on any FM. Well i did make somes saves but never seriously.

I remember in 2008 when i bought my first FM, i learned the game with Dortmund. But i just cant replace Klopp. I always get mad when he leaves in one of my saves.

On the funny side, of sad side, in my current Rangers Save he moved to Bayern München and they just dominate the Champions League. Coincidence? ;)

Speaking of Bayern München. Just a few minutes ago:

34e3gqv.png

Haha nice! Yeah I'm a Rangers fan since childhood, and a BVB fan since I started watching the Bundesliga around 5 years ago.

I find it hard to use any other team in a FM save.

Speaking of that, I started a new game replacing two League 2 teams(lowest rep), with Rangers and Celtic. I suspect Celtic will get back to back promotions to the Championship due to their squad, then it all depends on who they sign.

I'm hoping the extra money will improve their squad over this save.

I've only played a few games, and are tipped to go up second after Celtic. Won first game 2-0 in the cup against some League 1 side, and beat Bristol Rovers 4-0 in our first competitive English league game.

First few seasons I will just build my own squad for the future, as I did in my last normal Rangers save. Should be fun to try and win the Champions League.

• 3 weeks later...

Can anybody help me with advice on a good tactic to use? I'm in my first season in the SPL and started well using 4-4-2 and won my first 6 games of the season and then everything fell apart and I've won twice in 15 games and one of them was against Stirling in the cup!! I'm now only 3 points off relegation and struggling to create chances and score goals and I'm leaking goals all over the place at the other end.

My team just now is

G (D) Hibbert (regen)

FB (Auto) Hateley

CD (D) Faure

CD (D) Gasparotto

FB (Auto) Larsen (Elfsborg)

W (A) Burke (Birmingham)

CM (S) MacLeod

BWM (D) McCulloch

W (A) Remacle (AA Gent)

DLF (A) McKay (Inverness)

P (A) Davidson (Regen)

Could do with advice on style and strategy plus team instructions as well because nothing seems to work and is becoming less enjoyable to play.

what style and strategy do you play just now? high pressing?......i think having McCulloch in your midfield might be a problem, he's quite slow and easy to pass around especially playing with 2 wingers if there hugging the touchline leaving gaps in and around him.

Playing control/attacking, press more, more aggressive, direct passing, more disciplined.

Changed to a 4-4-2 diamond because it suits the players i have and won 5-1 and 2-1 then go and get beat 3-2 off Dundee at ibrox. My defence get split open far too easily with a simple pass. I know I'm doing something wrong but can't figure out what.

Feels like everything goes against you when on a bad run lol. I was 2-0 up against Dundee Utd and they hit a free kick which hit the post then hit my keeper and went in. Then in the last minute they hit a shot about 40 yards out, it hits the bar and back off my keeper and into the net!

I rarely play press more because players get dragged out of position alot trying to close down the ball, which makes it easier for teams to find space in your defence with a couple of good passes. The same with Attacking, only use that near the end of games when your looking for a goal.....as it leaves your defence wide open to counter attacks.

If youve got trouble, try some of the tactics in the download area.

For me i started with a 4-1-2-2-1 . A slight variation of a raikan tactic.

Thats 2 Fullbacks with a allround mentality.

I play youngsters alot so ill let them grow mental. From the 3th to SPL you can try alot because you got the material to atleast get some sort of "auto promotion".

Also an advice is to try to sign under17year olds and sell some of the players you got with Transfer clauses.

The money you get will give you around 1-2millions to spend when you got into the SPL.

Spend it on youth. I prefer the Skandinavian leagues. Got 3 awesome Finnish regens.

Also 2 Central Defenders. Normal.

1 Classic Defensive Midfielder.

2 Central Mids, one with a Free Role the other more classy CM.

2 Wingers. Usually wide, but as you got Templeton Inside Forwards might be better.

1 Target Man. I played Barrie McKay there the first 3 seasons and sold Fran.

Oh yeah and i dont play a sweeper keeper.

An update on my save:

I signed with Man United midseason (Season 4), 13th place to Title, Champions League and FA Cup.

The Target man above on my screenshots will join my United from Liverpool for 44mil next Season.

Also i signed Wilshere for 75 mil. Well i thought about going the megalomaniac way now.

Just purchased fm13 eventually, cant really get the hang of it tactic and training wise im usually a more plug and play schedule and tactic guy. Could anyone please recommend a plug and play tactic for the 3rd division and maybe some players to buy and sell just to get me started and into the swing of things as ive been waiting for ages to sort this rangers 3rd division problem LOL. And also any staff to keep or buy and is it worth asking for a parent club and do you usually get 1 ?

Thanks any1 who helps

• 3 weeks later...

Wow! Finally finished reading this epic thread. Well done to everyone who has contributed.

It initially inspired me to start my own Rangers save.

I've found fm13 tricky to balance in terms of just how many leagues to load, how many players to load etc....on my system. On Fm12 I could load virtually every league and player with no major delay in processing. Majorly different this edition sadly but think i've found a semi good balance. Lucky really as im really enjoying my Rangers save.

Going to shock most of you and say I walked Div3. lol! Like most people have found you can quite easily get away with the kids in div3 i've found.

I'll be honest and say I dived straight into the save (using the latest patch) without really reading up on the major details of the rangers real life problems, although I knew the basic facts like the transfer ban.

BUT, Straight away upon starting the save I thought, hang on our money wise we look in quite good shape and whats this...I can sign players. I simply assumed (tragic mistake right there folks!) that maybe since the latest patch things had majorly changed and i'd missed something in the press.

I made a few signings like a 1 year loan for Callum McManaman who has scored for fun in div 3 & young centre back Martin from Southampton on loan for a season. Of course then......the transfer embargo kicked in. Man Alive! Dammit! Well at least ive got some quality on loan for 1 season at least but decided that its going to be even more important than ever to develope the youngsters quickly. Perry has been superb since he won his way into the team playing alongside Martin.

What I will say is, Despite my opinions on him in real life i've play McCulloch upfront with McManaman and McCulloch at his ripe old age has scored a massive 46 goals from 41 starts (all comps), plus we have still got around 5 games left. McManaman isnt far behind on goals either. Virtually all the team average rating is over 7.46. McCulloch even got me my first 10/10 rating on fm13.

Youth Facilities are being upgraded which is always pleasing, my youth intake was pretty awful apart from one shinning light who looks like an amazing prospect and will most likely be ready for div2 to be fair. A few who others have rated just have not progressed well for me. McKay for example, but maybe that due to lack of game time. Im sure he will get more in div2 either way with McCulloch past his best and McManaman returning to wigan.

Signed Edwin Van Der Sar's young 14 year old lad on the game for virtually nothing and hes progressed so quickly. Already at the age of 15 hes easily my 2nd choice. Not expecting him to be as good as his dad but he certainly is capable of being a solid Premier League keeper if I ever sell him on etc.

I seem to be one of the very few playing with a basic 4-4-2 formation I see. To be honest I usually use downloaded tactics and then tweak as I go along. I had 3 tactics for different styled teams and suddenly after the last patch they all stopped working. No idea why but seems to do that now and then with updates and I have to start from scratch finding a winning formula.

One thing ive not seen anyone mention is the boards expectations. What I mean is at times there to high. I won the challenge cup easily as all I obviously faced was lower league sides that I can beat with even my youthful side. But in the other cups where ive had to face SPL sides (and fairly decent ones at that) the board still expect me to brush them aside. Luckily i've done ok. The only game ive lost all season was against Celtic. I can understand the board being livid at that as I'd be angry with my RL side losing to its rival but surely they can cut me some slack. Not able to sign players, in Div3 and not lost game and then they break my balls.

Oh well, the joys of managing such a huge club (which im loving!). Im focusing all transfer efforts on under 17 gems who crop up. Difficult with scouting restrictions etc but not impossible.

Hopefully I didnt kill this thread with my previous essay! lol ;)

Just finished my first season. Won the league without losing like most people and managed to win the challenge cup. Got to both the other cup finals but lost to old enemy in league cup and blooming dunfirmline in the scottish cup on pens!

Just reached the point where Carlos Boc has returned from loan and done to me what he did to another poster and got in a strop 1 day after returning about not playing regularly. YOU'VE NOT BEEN HERE YOU TWERP! lol. Shipping him off to Villa for 75k. Got Goian returning next who im assuming ill have to do the same thing with as im now over my wage budget.

Looking forward to Div 2. Im quietly assembling a group of highly trained youngsters ready for global....ok scottish domination.

Wow I did kill the thread....gulp :s

Well Boca & Goian both returned from there loans, both did the incredibly stupid thing of a day after returning saying "they want regular football and want to leave" which of course I said "GOOD! saves me telling your sorry a**es that I want you gone!" and they were both gone at first attempt. Carlos to Villa for 75k & Goian had his minimum fee buyout clause met by Ipswich with a 500k bid at the first time of offering him. Guess I just got lucky as everyone else seemed to find it hard getting him to leave for a decent fee.

I got rid of Boca and Goian straight away....got a few 100K so I was chuffed. How you getting on now? I've just got promoted to the SPL and have got Fermenia from Barcelona coming in the summer. I'm wanting a couple of creative centre mids but finding it hard, I've only spent 240K since the start of the game....trying to run a tight ship :) Was thinking about the boy Halilovic?

Was starting to worry nobody was playing as Rangers anymore lol! Im only now about to start my second season (takes me ages now I have my little boy lol!).

McCulloch was amazing in Div3 for me. Scored over 40 goals in league alone...sadly he just broke his ankle in a preseason game and although its only estimated he will be out for 3 months, I know at his age the way FM works his CA will drop like a lead ballon while hes out so I fear this is the end for him. Id only hoped to get a few seasons out of him anyway but still sad.

Luckily i've extensively scouted for under 17 year olds that I can afford on my shoe string budget. Got a handy Target man from Portugal who i've hopesfor but its a gamble, just liked his stats. Got a terrific local lad through youth intake who looks like he has real potential to go places so may blood him early as without McCulloch im going to struggle strikers wise as McKay just hasnt done it for me (yet!) and Sandaza hasnt been as prolific as he really should be for div3 scotland standard defences lol.

Really spent alot of time looking for under17s to sign with the aim that maybe a few of the gambles will pay off later in the game and I wont need to sign so many players when we eventually get to SPL. Confident a few may make the grade.

Are you playing on the latest update?

I've been playing this save since I bought the game the day it came out, not sure if the new patch affect older saves?

I've bought Ness back on loan, hoping to sign him for my first season back in the SPL as his contract is running out at Stoke. Hopefully when i'm in the SPL i'll be able to sign players of a better quality as quite alot dont seem interested signing for me in the lower leagues.

I noticed that. Not surprising really as div3 is really amatuerish. Im hoping that as I climb the leagues my younger players will still be progressing as well as they have been and then I can just supplement them with some good free transfers.

I'm in 2022, I have won the spl 6 in a row, the domestic treble 3 years running.(looks like it will be 4) won the champions league, super cup, world club cup 2 years running and currently in the last 16. im 190 games undefeated in the spl I’m loving this save :) only thing I haven’t won is the Europa league. The spl is now ranked number 9 club competition in the word. i have quite a few fantastic regens and still a few real players. if giving the opportunity sign Rhys McCabe, i got him on a free from Sheffield Wednesday and he’s been fantastic. if anyone wants i can upload some screens of my game. I still want to get 10 in a row in the spl before I start a new save. Although I’m still losing a lot of money every month which is a major pain. Anyone else having the same issue?

Archived