dafuge's FM13 challenge

FC United - League One Season 2018/19

After our surprise success of winning 2nd straight title last season, how would we cope with the step up?

League table 1 2

A cracking season that had us up in and around the the top 6 all season we went top with 5 games to go, 2 wins and 2 losses took the title down to the final game, we had our very own Augero moment when Danny Potts scored a 93rd minute goal in the final day to win the league on GD. Our rise through the leagues continues.

League Cup - Took premiership side (and rivals) Leeds to penalty's in round two before we lost

FA Cup - made it to round 3 for the fast time, our loss to Bristol Rovers was annoying seeing as they got Man Utd in the next round

JPT - we won every game on the way to the final

Transfers

Squad

Key Players

Jay Abraham - top scorer again, now with 100 goals in 188 games, not sure if he'll be able to make the step up

Christian Burgess - another solid season at CB

Luke McCullough - our Northern Irish CB, was a rock at times

Sean Maguire - miss the final 4 months of the season, contract is up so we may lose him

Alex Pritchard - key man at CM with goals and assists

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Matlock Town - Blue Square North - 2017/18

Dc7TaeS.jpg

A good first season which promised so much but ended up going a bit flat.

League Table - We started really well and were fighting for automatic promotion until a 6 game losing run hit and we stumbled our way into the playoffs. A quick team meeting increased the morale and we dominated Droylsden in the first leg of the playoffs but only managed one goal. Typically Droylsden scored an equaliser in the last minute with their only shot of the game. The second leg was a more even affair and we ended up losing in extra time - Devestated!!

FA Cup - Nothing to write home about - out in the early rounds.

FA Trophy - Again, nothing special - out at the first attempt after a replay.

Transfers - A few good freebies in to add to the squad and, surprisingly, the initial squad played quite a big role in the season. A couple of my starters have decided to leave on frees at the end of the season refusing any new deal from us. This has left us with a small squad but a lot of wage space - just need to hope the right players become available.

Squad - A solid squad for a first season but will need improving for next year if we want to make a run at the automatic promotion spot.

Finances - Not particularly great but at least the board have not decided to build a new stadium.

Key Players Profile:

Joe Gorman - (FPOTY) A very good player which i inherited to the squad. Was the heart of the defence and i really missed him when he was out for 2 months of the season. Just signed on a new deal so will hopefully be with us for a few more years.

Jake Adelson - Gorman's centre back partner who really did play well when paired with our FPOTY but was not good enough to take the strain when he was injured. Still a solid first season from the Ozzie.

Massiah McDonald - Our top scorer but to inconsistant for me. Would score 4 goals in a game and then go a month without scoring. Is leaving next season so will aim to bring in a solid replacement.#

Henry Jones - A favourite of mine and the only key player brought in by me. Signed on a free from Doncaster. Had to wait a while for him to agree to sign with us but has a leading Blue Square Bet Premier ability with the potential to play in the Championship. Hopefully will see him grow with the club.

Next Season - a top 3 finish would be ok but really want to try and get automatic promotion. I think it all depends on our recruitment over the next month or so. Let the games begin!!

Has anyone got a Frome Town save? Really interested to see what you've been able to do with them or even complete the challenge, being my home town and all. It's currently 3.25am as I write this and I have no patience to sift through all the pages to see if anyone has taken on the Frome Town challenge.

Home town of the Frome Flyer (Jenson Button of course) it's full of charm and character and quirky streets for example cheap street. Plus it's in the greatest county Somerset land of cider and cheddar cheese. Oh and I almost forgot, it was recently classed as the 6th coolest town in the country.

Canvey Island - 2021/22 - Premier League

BadgeCanvey_Island.png

After surviving our first season in the Premier League, the job is to stabilise our position. We got a solid points haul, 46 points, and I want to build on it this year in order to keep us well clear of that relegation zone and cement ourselves at least in the mid-table. Of course to do that means better players, and players cost money, something we have in spades for a change...

Transfers

A LOT of work was done, once again, to the squad. It's funny looking back as it feels some of those names left years ago. First I'll mention the sales - Sly, Hesp and Chambers were not Premier League quality so were flogged at the first opportunity, while Rodwell had never been Premier League quality after Man City's mistreating and unfortunately I couldn't really afford to just pay him to sit around and take up a squad space. It's a shame as he should be in the peak of his career. I stuck to my word over Gerhardsson and sold him as soon as I could (for a loss), while Ekangamene and Smith, relics from the League Two days, fetched minor fees. Losing Richard Burke was not in the plan - I hate agreeing to minimum release fee clauses, and asked several bartering sessions had to force myself to let him have one at the start of the Prem season. So as luck would have it, Arsenal and Blackburn both came in for him on 1st July, and off to Lancashire he went. I definitely want him back one day as I've put a helluva lot of effort into training him up!

Amari'i Roe arrived as part of my "need more Brits" strategy, the Scotsman looked a solid squad player. Van der Loo was arranged in January, a fantastic young left-winger from Ajax. Piero Russo had scored 25 goals in 2.Liga for Kaiserslautern and had the stats to do well in the Premier League. Clauss and Remy continued my young French freebie hunt, the former a CB and the latter a GK to act as back-up to Suleiman. I spent a lot of the summer chasing Didier Mauger and finally nabbed him for £6m, despite for some reason his valuation only being £160k! No matter, for a man with 3.5* CA and 4.5* PA, £6m is a bargain. Jos Schilder was a Whittingham signing, the Dutch striker looking like he could be a brilliant Advanced Forward. My final move in August was to bring in Aussie striker Callum McMaster, with 3* CA and 4.5* PA he could be a real steal for £2.5m. Nick Rees, a 17-year-old defensive midfield arrived in January for a big fee, but a small price really for British talent with 4.5* PA.

Premier League (7th)

What a season it would be! We really don't start well, losing 4 games in the first 8, but already you could tell we were a much stronger until than last season. There's only been minimal changes to the starting line-up but they'd really boned us up - we had Mauger in the centre in the park now, with the quartet of Schilder/Russo/Kaalund/McMaster sharing the attacking duties. I think up front was the main thing, we took massive steps forward there. Also our young defenders, with a year's Premier League experience under their belts, were much more solid and secure.

The main man was Benny Kaalund - the DoF signing had a slow first year with just one goal, by January he had 10! He made up for everyone else sharing the goals around (in December/January the next most in the league was 3!). We were just very steady throughout the year - winning when we should and having difficulty against those bigger than us, but seemingly our form was better than most as we just kept rising, even up to 5th in the league at one point near the end! We were in a real battle with Spurs, Newcastle and Stoke for 5th-8th, we edged Stoke (mainly thanks to a 3-2 win at their ground late in the season), but a last day defeat to Blackburn meant Newcastle climbed above us as they also beat Stoke. No Europe but a great year and promising signs for next season.

Cups (FA Cup Quarter-Finals, Carling Cup 3rd Round)

Again we did very well in the FA Cup - the pick being a 5-2 win at White Hart Lane to dump Spurs out in Round 4. Frustratingly though we would fail against a team beneath us, losing to eventual winners Villa 1-0 after dominating. They would survive relegation by the skin of their teeth! The Carling Cup stay was shorter, but only ended by drawing Manchester City so I won't lose too much sleep there. I can feel us winning one of these in the next few years, FA Cup looking most likely.

[/url] and

As you can see, it's a fairly big squad and we will need to trim it, particularly in the CM areas. We've even got an England international now, as Chris Barkus picked up his first cap against the Netherlands. Defensive-wise the trio of Suleiman-Barkus-Makela formed the core, with full-backs changing around with injuries. Generally McKeown was first choice, but Hunt has really come on (due to McKeown missing 2 of the first 3 months) and had a great year. Marchal will probably be let go. There's some tough decisions in midfield to make, at least two CMs need to go and we have too many strikers in truth. In the end, the goals spread quite nicely throughout the team with Young, McMaster and Kaalund scoring 10+. Schilder will need to do a little more, while I liked Russo's play despite 1 PL goal.

Key Players

Maurin Makela - A very, very solid CB, another fantastic season at just 21.

Benny Kaalund - It was wonderful to see the Danish forward kick on and make the DLF role his own - sadly a 5 month injury slowed him after January.

Callum McMaster - Could be a massive player in future years, adapted very very quickly.

Phil Hunt - The only Brit to arrive last season, that £1m fee looking a huge bargain now. Hopefully he and McKeown can be my fullbacks for years and years.

Young Prospects

Joe McKeown (YP7) - A good PL player already at 18, still has 2* of PA to fill. Future England star in my eyes.

Marc Powell (YP8) - Feel I haven't really bothered giving Marc gametime, he's developed alright in the U18s but needs first team football.

Ahmad Ameobi (YP9) - Ronnie McAuley can't cut the Premier League, so I get a youngster with 4.5* PA just like him. Beauuuuuuutiful!

Next Season

There's no need for big changes for once...just small ones to edit a good squad. I feel like we could use one good CB, LB, CM and ST, so pretty much further strengthen the core and I'll be happy. I've found a great English CM and a South African CB, but come Day 1 of the new seasons I'm still hunting for the other two. Still, there's plenty of money in the bank despite me having to hand £30k+ contracts to some players needing extensions, so we'll see what happens!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|Season  | League                  | Position | Cups and Other Notables                                    |
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|2013/14 | Blue Square Bet South   | 1st      | Champions; FA Cup 4th Qual Rd, FA Trophy 1st Round         |
|2014/15 | Blue Square Bet Premier | 4th      | Lost Play-Off Final, FA Cup 1st Round, FA Trophy 3rd Round |
|2015/16 | Blue Square Bet Premier | 1st      | Champions; FA Cup 1st Round, FA Trophy 1st Round           |
|2016/17 | League Two              | 1st      | Champions; J-Paint Semis, FA Cup & Carling Cup 1st Round   |
|2017/18 | League One              | 5th      | Lost Play-off Semi; FA Cup 4th Rd, JPT Quarters, C1C 1st Rd|
|2018/19 | League One              | 1st      | Champions; J-Paint Winners, C1C 3rd Rd, FA Cup 2nd Rd      |
|2019/20 | Championship            | 6th      | Promoted via Play-Offs; FA Cup 3rd Rd, C1C 1st Rd          |
|2020/21 | Premier League          | 11th     | Survival! FA Cup Semi-Finalists, C1C 3rd Rd                |
|2021/22 | Premier League          | 7th      | FA Cup Quarter-Finals, C1C 3rd Rd                          |

FC United Championship season 2019/20

After 2 straight league wins the question was - could we cope with the sudden rise up the league

Table 1 2

Position Graph

A good start and for a while it looked like we would repeat the plan from the last couple of seasons of being around the playoffs then attacking in the final 1/3 of the season, however this time a drop on form saw us ending 11th. A good season in the league though.

Transfers 1 2

Squad 1 2

League cup - an easy first round win then a loss to premiership Sheff Wed in round 2

FA Cup - fell at the first hurdle

Key Players

Rob Kiernan - settled in well and chipped in with vital goals

Jay Abraham - somehow continues to score goals - 17 this season

Augusto Bertoli - DM from AC Milan became a key player

Sean Maguire - Abraham's usual partner over the last few seasons, but after a change in formation (from 532 to 433 with wingers) he became a good understudy

Akif Polat - Turkish wide man played well this year, will be a key player in the new formation

Wingate & Finchley - Barclays Premier League - 2069/70

Last season we slipped up in the Capital One Cup, but won the rest. This season was all about trying to win the lot using the younger players as much as possible.

League Table

We won it easily, despite throwing away a lot of points by playing the younger players.

Community Shield - we deserved it, just.

UEFA Super Cup - fairly one sided.

FIFA Club World Cup - we made more of our chances.

Capital One Cup - we sneaked past Chelsea to make another final.

FA Cup - extra time against WBA was the only scare as we made another final.

UEFA Champions League - we lost a couple when the pressure was off, but we made no mistakes in the final.

Transfers - not a huge amount of action, but players will be sold to make sure those youngster get more game time.

Squad - the squad is superb, especially in the attacking areas.

Finances - another decent profit.

Key Player Profiles:

Joe Slowe - managed to reclaim the top scorer spot in a superb season.

Rajko Pjevac - injury disrupted his season.

Shane Rofe - still amazing, still no cap.

Michael Hollerbach - he'll be playing more next season.

Joe fuge - not bad from the nipper.

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14   Blue Square Bet South    2nd         Promoted via playoffs
2014/15   Blue Square Bet Premier  19th
2015/16   Blue Square Bet Premier  18th
2016/17   Blue Square Bet Premier  6th
2017/18   Blue Square Bet Premier  3rd         FA Trophy winners and Playoff finalists
2018/19   Blue Square Bet Premier  12th         
2019/20   Blue Square Bet Premier  4th         Playoff finalists
2020/21   Blue Square Bet Premier  1st         Promoted as champions
2021/22   npower League Two        1st         Promoted as champions
2022/23   npower League One        1st         Promoted as champions
2023/24   npower Championship      20th
2024/25   npower Championship      1st         Promoted as champions
2025/26   Barclays Premier League  16th        
2026/27   Barclays Premier League  6th         FA Cup finalists
2027/28   Barclays Premier League  4th         Europa League winners
2028/29   Barclays Premier League  4th         
2029/30   Barclays Premier League  2nd         FA Cup finalists and Champions League winners
2030/31   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC winners and Champions League finalists
2031/32   Barclays Premier League  1st         FA Cup and Champions League winners
2032/33   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC and Capital One Cup winners and Champions League finalists
2033/34   Barclays Premier League  1st         Capital One Cup and Champions League winners, FA Cup finalists
2034/35   Barclays Premier League  1st         FA Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2035/36   Barclays Premier League  1st         NextGen series and CWC winners
2036/37   Barclays Premier League  1st         Champions League winners
2037/38   Barclays Premier League  2nd         Champions League finalists
2038/39   Barclays Premier League  3rd         
2039/40   Barclays Premier League  2nd         FA Cup winners and Champions League finalists
2040/41   Barclays Premier League  2nd         Champions League winners
2041/42   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC winners
2042/43   Barclays Premier League  1st         Capital One Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2043/44   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC winners and Champions League finalists
2044/45   Barclays Premier League  3rd         NextGen series, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2045/46   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC winners
2046/47   Barclays Premier League  1st         Champions League winners
2047/48   Barclays Premier League  3rd         CWC and FA Cup winners, Champions League finalists
2048/49   Barclays Premier League  1st         Capital One Cup finalists and Champions League winners
2049/50   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC and Champions League winners
2050/51   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC and FA Cup winners, Capital One Cup finalists
2051/52   Barclays Premier League  1st         FA Cup winners and Champions League finalists
2052/53   Barclays Premier League  1st         FA Cup and Champions League winners
2053/54   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC and Champions League winners
2054/55   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, Capital One Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2055/56   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, Capital One Cup and FA Cup winners
2056/57   Barclays Premier League  1st         FA Cup and Champions League winners
2057/58   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC and Champions League winners
2058/59   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC and Champions League winners
2059/60   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, NextGen Series, Capital One Cup and Champions League winners
2060/61   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, Capital One Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2061/62   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, Capital One Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2062/63   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC and Capital One Cup winners, Champions League finalists
2063/64   Barclays Premier League  1st         Capital One Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2064/65   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, Capital One Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2065/66   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, Capital One Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2066/67   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, Capital One Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2067/68   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, Capital One Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2068/69   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2069/70   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, Capital One Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners

Next Season

The planned player sales should have an impact on the team, so it will be interesting to see how the younger squad gets on. No news on a board takeover, but it is on the horizon.

Matlock Town - Blue Square North - 2018/19

Dc7TaeS.jpg

A great start and a decent finish - shame about the 16 games without a win in between.

League Table - Another season which promised much and delivered little. We came through a very tough period of the season with alot of fixtures in a short space of time and were in and around the playoffs. Unfortunately my worst ever run in Football Manager saw us go 16 games without a win. From there we were always playing catch up and finished a very mediocre 10th.

FA Cup - One of the reasons for the flat league season was a FA Cup run which saw us lose in the third round to Blackpool. The £120,000 tv money did come in useful.

FA Trophy - Another season without much success in this competition.

Transfers - Not as many signings as i would have liked apart from Macauley Southam on loan from Cardiff. We really needed some quality and i think the season was largely a result of a lack of transfer movement.

Squad - A solid if not spectacular squad. Really need some more quality if we are to push for promotion next year.

Finances - The cup run has really helped us out but still not quite in the black.

Key Players Profile:

Joe Gorman - (FPOTY) Another great season from my number one centre back. Is playing in a ball playing defender roll and is really beginning to become a club legend.

Jake Adelson - A good season from our Aussie stopper. Has been very consistent this year and provides some no nonsense defending alongside Gormans more cultured approach.

Macauley Southam - Our best goalscorer on loan from Cardiff. Was looking into signing him permanently until he said there was no point in his loan move after he returned to his parent club.

Henry Jones - Another good season from the welsh wizard. Has had some solid performances but could do with him going to the next level next year.

Next Season - If we can get into the playoffs again it will be an improvement. Just need to get some squad depth in.

Matlock Town - Blue Square North - 2019/20

Dc7TaeS.jpg

Third time lucky - Blue Square Premier here we come.

League Table - A good season which saw us keep up the consistency. Were sitting in the top 5 for the majority of the season and clinched the title with 4 games to go.

FA Cup - Not as good as last season although we did focus more on the league this year.

FA Trophy - Again, similar to above - played a reserve team when we got knocked out.

Transfers - Some quality finally came through the door. Harvey Roberts was our surprise of the year and kept us in the hunt while Molineux was injured.

Squad - Finally got a little bit of depth to the squad. The break out year from Ryan Humphries really helped us.

Finances - A lack of a cup run led to the depletion of our finances yet again.

Key Players Profile:

Joe Gorman - (FPOTY) Third season in a row in which Joe took our FPOTY. Mr consistent and helped us to a very good defensive record.

Ryan Humphries - Our top scorer and excelled in his first season as our number one striker. Hopefully will see him improve further next year.

Mensah Beard - One of our signings late last season who came into his own this year. Is a very solid performer and solidified the midfield.

Next Season - Consolidation is the name of the game.

Whitby Town

Season 2018/19 - League 2 - 3rd

utvb.png

Despite another poor start a good late run allowed us to sneak into 3rd place on the final day of the season meaning we will compete in League one next season. The team is young with a lot of potential so hopefully will be able to compete next season at the higher level.

Competitions

League Table

League Position

FA Cup

League Cup

Johnstones Paint Trophy

Club Overview

Finances My finances have taken a bit of a hammering but additional revenue at the higher level will be helpful.

Club Reputation Up to 1.5 stars now.

Facilities No improvements this season.

Key Players

Charlie Wyke 21 goals from the loyal club servant this season.

Thanasis Samoladas Disappointingly the young centre back has not developed as impressively as I might have hoped but he is still only 18.

Dean Walker 24 goals in 29 appearances for the pacy Irish striker.

Jack Black A solid season for the ex-Rangers midfielder averaging 7.26.

Eoin O'Rourke Only scored 4 goals after signing from Shamrock Rovers in January but hopefully will improve next season.

Kris Smolka The tenacious young midfielder arrived from Llanelli at the start of the season on a free and has established himself in midfield.

Tom Lawrence A decent season from the ex-Man United Welsh winger.

Wingate & Finchley - Barclays Premier League - 2070/71

With a few key players sold and a greater reliance on the youngsters, this season had the potential to be the end of our run of trophies,

League Table

We lost our 36th match!

Community Shield - a great comeback.

UEFA Super Cup - a fairly comfortable win.

FIFA Club World Cup - the usual one sided final.

Capital One Cup - our squad players came up short.

FA Cup - after demolishing Man City 9-1, we were upset by Spurs.

UEFA Champions League - we were unstoppable, only dropping points in one match with a weakened team. We were far more clinical than our opponents in the final.

Transfers - a lot of action as a few of the older players were sold off to make a profit.

Squad - it really is hard to find players who can improve this squad.

Finances - looking great.

Key Player Profiles:

Joe Slowe - he's past his peak, but can still do a job when needed.

Rajko Pjevac - top scorer again.

Shane Rofe - probably his best season ever. Still no cap though.

Stephen Howard - he's a striker really, but he's turning into a classy winger.

Joe fuge - he's been given a bigger role in the squad this year, and he's starting to look like a half decent player.

Career Overview

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017/18   Blue Square Bet Premier  3rd         FA Trophy winners and Playoff finalists
2029/30   Barclays Premier League  2nd         FA Cup finalists and Champions League winners
2030/31   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC winners and Champions League finalists
2031/32   Barclays Premier League  1st         FA Cup and Champions League winners
2032/33   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC and Capital One Cup winners and Champions League finalists
2033/34   Barclays Premier League  1st         Capital One Cup and Champions League winners, FA Cup finalists
2034/35   Barclays Premier League  1st         FA Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2039/40   Barclays Premier League  2nd         FA Cup winners and Champions League finalists
2042/43   Barclays Premier League  1st         Capital One Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2043/44   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC winners and Champions League finalists
2044/45   Barclays Premier League  3rd         NextGen series, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2047/48   Barclays Premier League  3rd         CWC and FA Cup winners, Champions League finalists
2048/49   Barclays Premier League  1st         Capital One Cup finalists and Champions League winners
2050/51   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC and FA Cup winners, Capital One Cup finalists
2051/52   Barclays Premier League  1st         FA Cup winners and Champions League finalists
2052/53   Barclays Premier League  1st         FA Cup and Champions League winners
2054/55   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, Capital One Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2055/56   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, Capital One Cup and FA Cup winners
2056/57   Barclays Premier League  1st         FA Cup and Champions League winners
2059/60   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, NextGen Series, Capital One Cup and Champions League winners
2060/61   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, Capital One Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2061/62   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, Capital One Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2062/63   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC and Capital One Cup winners, Champions League finalists
2063/64   Barclays Premier League  1st         Capital One Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2064/65   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, Capital One Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2065/66   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, Capital One Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2066/67   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, Capital One Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2067/68   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, Capital One Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2068/69   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2069/70   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, Capital One Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2070/71   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC and Champions League winners

Next Season

The board takeover is edging closer, so hopefully that is wrapped up soon enough so we can start dreaming of a new stadium.

Dafuge that is pretty amazing, but what motivates you to keep going? There is nothing left to do in the game and you appear to by just churning out the seasons.

Dafuge that is pretty amazing, but what motivates you to keep going? There is nothing left to do in the game and you appear to by just churning out the seasons.

A possibility of a new stadium is only a couple of years away, and there's also the career of my son.

Aside from that, I enjoy just selling players and bringing through youngsters.

Dafuge - have you tried training Rofe as a MC instead of an AMC? My guess is England does not play with an AMC and that would be why he's getting passed up.
I'm pretty sure that is exactly the reason he keeps missing out. I considered retraining him a while ago but decided against it to see if they would ever change formation for him.

How old are you in the game Dafuge? And does that matter for how players react on anything you do as manager?

I'm 85 (although the game seems to have moved my date of birth, making me six years younger than I should be).

I've never noticed any difference with the way players react when I get old, even in my game when I was 100 (108).

Hey guys. I started this challenge a couple of days ago, and got promoted first season managing FC United. I am now currently sitting 18th in the Blue Square Premier. Is it just me, or is it harder to have consecutive success in this version of the game? Player-interest-wise I didn´t notice any change moving up one level either...

It's the first version where I've really got stuck in a league like that, I just wish it would happen more often.

Haha, nice one :D

I am happy to get stuck at a level for a couple of seasons, but it would be really nice to be able to sign a couple of players that could go right in and strengthen the starting 11...

Wow, I must have jinxed my own complaints. I now have 12 games unbeaten (many of them are draws, though), and halfway through this second season we are trailing qualification spots by 9 points. Nothing is impossible :D

Wingate & Finchley - Barclays Premier League - 2071/72

Last season we lost out in the domestic cups, but maintained our dominance in the two major competitions. With a young squad, all we can do is get better.

League Table

An early loss ruled out the unbeaten season so I was able to rotate the squad without any fear of losing our record.

Community Shield - a lot closer than expected.

UEFA Super Cup - we made hard work of this.

FIFA Club World Cup - the usual one sided final.

Capital One Cup - things were looking good but a lack of discipline cost us in the final.

FA Cup - we had a shocker against Championship Doncaster.

UEFA Champions League - the only loss was a meaningless group stage as we blasted our way to yet another final.

Transfers - a decent profit as a couple of quality youngsters were brought in.

Squad - I like a small squad, but we suffered badly with injuries this year.

Finances - the board took £56m in dividends at the end of last season, which accounts for the loss.

Key Player Profiles:

Joe Slowe - he rolled back the years as he was our top scorer at the age of 34.

Rajko Pjevac - he missed the first three months of the season through injury and never really recaptured his form.

Robert Ozimec - he had a great season as the supporting striker.

Shane Rofe - not his best season.

Joe fuge - he doesn't look too out of place, but he's not getting much better.

Career Overview

2071/72   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC and Champions League winners

Next Season

Next season could mean the possibility of a new stadium, although it could be a few years off if it is anything like the last one.

Wingate & Finchley - Barclays Premier League - 2072/73

With a new chairman and the possibility of a new stadium on the horizon, this season had the potential to be an important one.

League Table

Another decent season for us, but our unbeaten season is becoming a distant memory.

Community Shield - we deserved the win, but it needed penalties.

UEFA Super Cup - a comfortable win.

FIFA Club World Cup - another easy win.

Capital One Cup - we were beaten fairly easily in the quarter finals.

FA Cup - a fairly easy run to a one sided final.

UEFA Champions League - we stumbled in a few matches, but made easy work of the final.

Transfers - just a couple of youngsters to boost the squad size.

Squad - in superb shape.

Finances - a small profit.

Key Player Profiles:

Joe Slowe - not bad for a 35 year old.

Rajko Pjevac - starting to regain his form after his injures.

Stephen Howard - had a good season including a spell as a striker due to injuries.

Shane Rofe - another great season, including an England debut at the age of 30!

Joe fuge - not in the same class at the rest of the squad, but holding his own.

Career Overview

2072/73   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, FA Cup and Champions League winners

Next Season

The new chairman came in, and did nothing. The new stadium was requested, and turned down. Hopefully we can improve on that next season.

Can you tell something about the tactic(s) you are using Dafuge?Could this new chairman fire you?
It's the same tactic I created for FM11, a 4-4-2 wide diamond (with a DM and AMC).

No chance of being fired, he didn't even consider replacing me.

I'm trying to get into FM again and I usually enjoy this challenge, so I'll have another go. After some reloading I found a suitable club in Bognor Regis. So here is my profile.

I thought I were struggling as I only had one right winger in my squad and haven't found anyone to add. An minor injury to the main player at half time caused me to sub a young lad on. He cannot play at the right wing, but I use an inside forward setting so I thought I'd give him a go. He scored a hattrick on his debut to give us the win. Sometimes luck is all that matters.

Has anyone tried Concord Rangers?

I am going to have an informal try with them, not going to upload pictures. Am a bit shocked at the tiny wage budget which gives not much room to add to the small squad. Going to be very tough to survive.

Going to reload until I get Kettering. Not because I want it to be easier to complete the challenge. It's because I'm ever so fearful of a relegation in the first season !

Hopefully I can gain some confidence and go to lower reputation clubs in future !

Wingate & Finchley - Barclays Premier League - 2073/74

There was still no news on a new stadium, so it was business as usual.

League Table

Not even close to an unbeaten season, but strolled to the title.

Community Shield - easy enough.

UEFA Super Cup - very one sided.

FIFA Club World Cup - extremely one sided.

Capital One Cup - no problems as we made another final.

FA Cup - Arsenal probably regretted taking us to a replay as we made another final.

UEFA Champions League - one defeat in the group stage, but we were unstoppable on our way to the final. It was an even game, but the penalties did not go our way.

Transfers - a couple of players swapped for youngsters.

Squad - there are quite a few youngsters to bring through, but the squad is in decent shape.

Finances - a loss, due to a large number of contract renewals.

Key Player Profiles:

Joe Slowe - he's still got it at 36.

Reinhold Braun - Pjevac has not been the same since his injury, so Braun has become our top striker.

Juan Diego - with a bad injury to Rofe he finally got his chance in the first team.

Robert Ozimec - a great supporting striker.

Joe fuge - no one seems to have noticed how bad he is yet.

Career Overview

2072/73   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2073/74   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, Capital One Cup and FA Cup winners, Champions League finalists

Next Season

Winning back the Champions League is the priority, but there's also the chance of that new stadium.

Canvey Island - 2022/23 - Premier League

BadgeCanvey_Island.png

Right, lets get to it.

Transfers

After two seasons now in the Premier League, we had a solid base and only fine-tuning would be needed for Season 3. Niall Richardson joined first - the England international has been loaned out by Celtic for years, and spent the last year getting some experience at Villa. Now he looks a great CM, and if they're willing to let him go for just £5m (his value was only £1.5m when I agreed the deal) then good for us! He will be first choice with Mauger in the middle of the park. Dylan Alston is 16 with 4.5* PA, so into the U18s he goes. I was in the market for a quality CB to challenge Barkus/Makela and found it in Mvelase, who has earned his corn in Belgium for a couple of years. Kose was an AM agreed in January as I look to add another dimension to our tactical selections, with Baumgartel being a highly rated CM released by Bayern. As he's 18 he'll go into the reserves for now so I can tutor/train him up a bit before loaning out.

We would sign Pedrozo in January - he's a highly rated left-winger however he didn't play a game due to a torn hamstring. Dean Duff became a club record signing for a whopping £15.5m - the West Ham left-back came in to give us quality on both full-back roles, seeing as our main LBs had been Hunt & Selefen who are natural RBs. Duff is 26 so in his prime, an England international and along with McKeown will hold the other full-back role for years to come. Both are English too which is great! Aaron Child was the last signing - I loaned out both Clauss and Marchal, and with Mvelase at the ACoN I was very limited at CB. He was a solid signing for half a season.

David Reid left the club - and left as a club legend! He's alongside me as being one of the two men the fans love the most. I feel bad for Chuks Aneke - he picked up a horrible cruciate injury just before our first Prem season, and it decimated him. He had famously scored the second in the Play-Off Final to fire us here! Hysén flopped so left for a solid fee, Roe didn't but with quality potential youngsters like Alston and Baumgartel coming in, I felt I may as well sell him now for a good profit. Ormsby also finally completed a move away. We would actually sell Kose in January as my attempt to use attacking midfielders flopped again for a second time, and Piero Russo would leave on deadline day in January for his minimum release fee clause. Piero had been very hit and miss but frustratingly for me had been bang in form through December and January!!

Premier League (5th, Qualified for the Europa League!)

Huzzah! In our first two seasons we were poor starters, we rectified that this year. It would again go down to the wire as we took 5th on the final day - Spurs were ahead of us for much of the season and faded, while Reading grew stronger and stronger and even jump to 5th with a few games to go (before slipping back). We had a 5 nice games out of 8 in the run-in, so it helped that we were able to beat Man Utd 3-1 in April. There was also a nice moment against Everton, 1-0 down when 15-year-old midfielder Jake Morgan came off the bench to level late on. We would win on the final day at relegated QPR to keep 5th and qualify for the Europa League. I was sweating though - Spurs won the Carling Cup, Liverpool got the FA Cup Final, Chelsea were in the Champions League Final and Newcastle won the Europa League! Thankfully Chelsea lost, and despite Newcastle winning we were still gifted a place in the Europa. Wigan also got a spot thanks to the Fair Play League.

The best game of the season was a 6-0 drubbing of Hull at the KC Stadium - this came during a striker injury crisis can you believe! This was the start of Russo's excellent form, and no, your eyes aren't deceiving you, that's a Ronnie McAuley Premier League hat-trick! He's onto 97 league goals now.

Cups (Capital One Cup Quarters, FA Cup 3rd Round)

We were looking very good in the Capital One Cup, but despite dominating Reading at the Madjeski we suffered a 1-0 defeat. It was pretty annoying as again it was a side we should have beaten. I wasn't too annoyed about the FA Cup really as we've had two good years in that competition - we went out on penalties to Burnley in a goal-less replay.

Squad 1 and Squad 2[/url]

We've got a very good squad now, only small changes should be needed year on year. The best thing is we've got a lot of good young players who still have room to improve, so things are looking very position for the future!

Key Players

Chris Barkus - Fantastic player, now becoming England's main CB. Just 4 years ago he was released by Championship Watford!

Didier Mauger - He too is becoming an established international player, by far our best CM choice. His all-round play is great although would like more goals/assists.

Stephen Young - He joined in League One and has just had his best season to date - 14 goals and assists! Has been very threatening from the wing.

Benny Kaalund - Not our best striker, but certainly has the best goals/game ratio up front. Hopefully can keep growing.

Youth Products

Joe McKeown (YP7) - Leading Prem RB at just 19. Knocking on England's door, should be capped shortly. As long as his "Injury Proneness" doesn't play up, I see him leading the "most appearances" board in a few years...

Ahmad Ameobi (YP9) - His first full season and he did a great job at as DLF, with 6 goals and 7 assists. Just 16 and only 1.5* CA so still a lot of stars to fill!

Jake Morgan (YP10) - Admittedly we have a lot of strength in CM but Jake looks to have a future for us here. We also had a 4.5* PA striker come through, who I hope will partner Ameobi in the future.

Career So Far

|Season  | League                  | Position | Cups and Other Notables                                    |
|2013/14 | Blue Square Bet South   | 1st      | Champions; FA Cup 4th Qual Rd, FA Trophy 1st Round         |
|2014/15 | Blue Square Bet Premier | 4th      | Lost Play-Off Final, FA Cup 1st Round, FA Trophy 3rd Round |
|2015/16 | Blue Square Bet Premier | 1st      | Champions; FA Cup 1st Round, FA Trophy 1st Round           |
|2016/17 | League Two              | 1st      | Champions; J-Paint Semis, FA Cup & Carling Cup 1st Round   |
|2017/18 | League One              | 5th      | Lost Play-off Semi; FA Cup 4th Rd, JPT Quarters, C1C 1st Rd|
|2018/19 | League One              | 1st      | Champions; J-Paint Winners, C1C 3rd Rd, FA Cup 2nd Rd      |
|2019/20 | Championship            | 6th      | Promoted via Play-Offs; FA Cup 3rd Rd, C1C 1st Rd          |
|2020/21 | Premier League          | 11th     | Survival! FA Cup Semi-Finalists, C1C 3rd Rd                |
|2021/22 | Premier League          | 7th      | FA Cup Quarter-Finals, C1C 3rd Rd                          |
|2022/23 | Premier League          | 5th      | Europe! C1C Quarter-Finals, FA Cup 3rd Rd                  |

Hi everyone, Just on my Holiday man season. I haven't played FM13 in months so thought, what better way to get back into it like the good old dafuge challenge!

Im going to try and reload from 24/6/2013 to hopefully get Stourbridge Town, my local side!

Haven't seen anyone get them or be them yet though so it might be a long wait for my opening manager post! WATCH THIS SPACE!

Bognorregistownfc.png

XaW - Blue Square South - Season 2013/14

Table | Past positions | Transfers | Squad | Finances

At first glance I actually had a decent squad, but that changed as I took a peek at the other teams. We were far below the other stats-wise. A further review showed me that the most talent in the squad was on the attacking part. Since my usual approach to tactics is to go out attacking I decided that our mentality were going to be "let's see if I can score more goals than you" at every match. As it turned out it worked pretty well. Out total tally of goals in the league ended at 86, more than every other team. We started out with a couple of wins and soon settled in around mid-table staying there for the rest of the season. Throughout the season we were never in neither relegation battle or the push for promotion. All in all a very good first season for us.

I were hoping for a cup run as that usually helps out greatly with finances. First up was the FA Cup. We beat out Enfield Town and Weymouth before losing to Maidenhead in the 4th qualifying round. The FA Trophy proved more successful as we beat Corby, Hungerford, Weymouth, Tonbridge, Gloucester and Alfreton before going up against Barrow in the final. We couldn't keep out calm and lost it 0-1. Still, a great run and I'm very happy with it.

Financially we are losing some money, but not much thanks to the FA Trophy cup run. The board suddenly told me they are going to expand the stadium by a whooping 50 seats. Supposedly because of league regulations, but I don't understand what difference that does when we have 6000 attendance and 243 of them are seats.

Some players stood out this season. Most of all former Southend youth product Hicham Abdellah who scored for fun this season with a total of 26 goals. Another goal scorer was right winger Steve Diggin who ended on 21 goals from a wide position.

Season		Division	Position	FA Cup		Achievments
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14		Blue Square S	10th		4th Q		FA Trophy runner-up, mid-table

Wingate & Finchley - Barclays Premier League - 2074/75

Last season we lost out on the Champions League trophy for the first time in eleven years, so this year we wanted to win it back.

League Table

We haven't lost seven games in a season since 2036, our fringe players just couldn't quite keep our form up.

Community Shield - completely one sided.

Capital One Cup - we nearly blew it in the semi final, then had a shocker in the final.

FA Cup - just the one match.

UEFA Champions League - this was the important one, we were not taking it lightly. It was close, but we needed extra time in the final.

Transfers - I sold our star striker due to a lack of goals, which didn't turn out to be a great move.

Squad - we are struggling with the decline of legends Slowe, Rofe and Robinson. We have youngster with potential, but they are not close to replacing them yet.

Finances - a tiny profit.

Key Player Profiles:

Joe Slowe - his legs have gone, but he still managed to bang in the goals when needed.

Reinhold Braun - our main striker, but didn't score like Pjevac used to.

Dahi Matthews - room for improvement, but he's a great talent.

Robert Ozimec - brilliant yet again.

Joe fuge - he's looking out of place now.

Career Overview

2073/74   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, Capital One Cup and FA Cup winners, Champions League finalists
2074/75   Barclays Premier League  1st         Capital One Cup finalists and Champions League winners

Next Season

Hopefully the youngsters will improve enough to get us challenging on all fronts once again, as we could do with repeating the successes of a few years ago to give us a better chance of a new stadium.

Whitby Town

Season 2019/20 - League 1 - 6th

utvb.png

Promotion at the first attempt from League 1 may have come a season or so too soon. I'm not sure I will be able to strengthen enough to compete effectively in the Championship. My squad is still the core of the squad that won promotion from League 2 the year before and is weak in a number of positions. It could be a long hard season.

Competitions

League Table 6th place finish with promotion secured via the playoffs.

League Position

FA Cup

League Cup

Johnstones Paint Trophy

Club Overview

Finances Finances are still looking poor but Championship football should help.

Club Reputation Still 1.5 stars

Facilities A terrace conversion is ongoing so we will be groundsharing at the Riverside Stadium

Key Players

Jonathan McDermott Pacy striker signed on a free in October following his release from Stoke.

Ravel Morrison Ex-Man U and West Ham midfielder signed in pre-season after a year without a club.

Eoin O'Rourke Young Irish striker top scored with 19 goals.

Kris Smolka Tenacious young midfielder had an excellent season.

Im still waiting on Stourbridge to show up! The lowest rep Iv had so far is Bognor Regis but really want to hold out for the Glassboys!!

I did start up with Bognor (as I saved the game just in case) and added my manager and he had a continental coaching qualification? Is that normal? I only set it at Sunday League Football as instructed but none of the other profiles of players doing this has that.

If anyone knows of anything Iv done wrong id appreciate some help for when I eventually get Stourbridge!!! :)

Im still waiting on Stourbridge to show up! The lowest rep Iv had so far is Bognor Regis but really want to hold out for the Glassboys!!

I did start up with Bognor (as I saved the game just in case) and added my manager and he had a continental coaching qualification? Is that normal? I only set it at Sunday League Football as instructed but none of the other profiles of players doing this has that.

If anyone knows of anything Iv done wrong id appreciate some help for when I eventually get Stourbridge!!! :)

There are three qualifications.

Continental Pro

Continental A

Continental B

Most people in the non leagues will either not have any qualifications at all or have the Continental B qualification.

However, the ones who don't have qualifications will probably study for the Continental B and get the qualification.

Basically, the least qualifications someone has, the more possible potential they have to improve.

---

Meanwhile in my game, just had my keeper drop two balls that gave away goals. He was solid apart from this but as him dropping the ball still counted as a save he got 7.7 rating at the end. So I couldn't be disappointed with him despite him costing us 2 points :D

Archived