Mr Hough's 4-2-1-3 for FM12

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply
All i have to say is Thanks mr hough for all your hardwork and creating this tactic. Here's the results of the season:-

ronwilsonnewsinbox.png

And this was the last game, the champions league final against real madrid

crystalpalacevrmadridin.png

Wonderful result and season. Thanks again Mr Hough!!!!

what's the skin you are using? looks nice

Jimmyrh94 Tactic Test Feedback: Mr Hough Rises above the Hate Tactic (Tested on 12.2.2)

Right, so I decide to test the tactic for up to 15 premier league games in the end because I was so impressed and I wanted to see if the results could hold up...and they did! What I am about to show you is truly amazing.

The Test Team: Manchester City

With my £60 million transfer budget I bought Higuain to ensure I have the best possible players in each position.

manchestercitytacticsovc.png

The Results

manchestercityfixturesf.png

manchestercityfixturesf.png

The League Table

Excellent results here! For those of you who struggle with maths, if I continue scoring at this rate I will score 124 goals in the league by the end of the season, so that's great!

barclayspremierleagueovn.png

Team Stats

manchestercitysquadplay.png

Notable Individual Player Stats

Look at the amount of goals!

gonzalohiguanoverviewpr.png

Look at the amount of assists from Silva, who is played at cm! (look in the bottom right corner)

davidsilvahistorycareer.png

Tactic Feedback:

Nice quick and calculated passing in midfield which exposes gaps in the opposition defence which your single cm exploits with through balls to your central striker. The central striker scores an amazing amount of goals and is well complimented by the outside strikers who go wide to drag the opposition full back out of place and expose the gaps in between the opposition centre backs or the outside strikers collect the ball in midfield and put the central striker through themselves. My only negative for this tactic is that the outside strikers don't score anywhere near enough (especially considering I have Tevez and Aguero here). Although my central striker more than makes up for this, I cant help but feel like when the day comes that my central striker doesn't feel like scoring then i could be stuffed- although I must say that this day has not come so far.

All in all, 100% recommend the tactic, its harder to lose than it is to win really! Congrats hough, and hope you appreciate the write up!

Team Stats

manchestercitysquadplay.png

Notable Individual Player Stats

Look at the amount of goals!

gonzalohiguanoverviewpr.png

Look at the amount of assists from Silva, who is played at cm! (look in the bottom right corner)

davidsilvahistorycareer.png

Tactic Feedback:

Nice quick and calculated passing in midfield which exposes gaps in the opposition defence which your single cm exploits with through balls to your central striker. The central striker scores an amazing amount of goals and is well complimented by the outside strikers who go wide to drag the opposition full back out of place and expose the gaps in between the opposition centre backs or the outside strikers collect the ball in midfield and put the central striker through themselves. My only negative for this tactic is that the outside strikers don't score anywhere near enough (especially considering I have Tevez and Aguero here). Although my central striker more than makes up for this, I cant help but feel like when the day comes that my central striker doesn't feel like scoring then i could be stuffed- although I must say that this day has not come so far.

All in all, 100% recommend the tactic, its harder to lose than it is to win really! Congrats hough, and hope you appreciate the write up!

Really appreciate the Write up thanks mate.

I like everything you say about the tactic and how it plays because when i play with the tactic i see the same things as you have written here.

I am experimenting with the wide ST's and looking to bring them into the games more, I'll let the community know if i find anything

What i do fins extreamly annoying is that if i am winning a game say 5-0 or similar the opposition will almost always score 1 solitary goal, This frustrates me and something i am currently looking at.

Has anyone else had similar issues with this.

Really appreciate the Write up thanks mate.

I like everything you say about the tactic and how it plays because when i play with the tactic i see the same things as you have written here.

I am experimenting with the wide ST's and looking to bring them into the games more, I'll let the community know if i find anything

Absolutely no worries.

If only we could get the outer strikers to score about 15 more goals each in a season this tactic would be the best. However, if my strikers continues to score like this he will hit over 100 himself so I cant complain.

Going to test a few other 433's now (Tacktickzz and the one by nSickboy and see who's 433 rules fm!

i have set match prep on defensive movement, pitch size on max and nearly concief a goal:) Tried it with Lyon, At. Madrid, Schalke and Spurs. Good to see that the central strike doesnt have to be quick because Huntelaar is scoring goals for fun, even Jelle Vossen scores from through balls. Train there ppm try to beat offside trap. Great tactic Hough!:)

i have set match prep on defensive movement, pitch size on max and nearly concief a goal:) Tried it with Lyon, At. Madrid, Schalke and Spurs. Good to see that the central strike doesnt have to be quick because Huntelaar is scoring goals for fun, even Jelle Vossen scores from through balls. Train there ppm try to beat offside trap. Great tactic Hough!:)

Exactly! This is the advice I gave in the FMTN Grid Tactic thread ( The guy was asking about using slow strikers) :

Not really, tried Ibrahimovic and didn't really work. I had bought Adebayor and put him in and instantly the movement of the tactic improved.

I tried it with Aguero upfront and it worked very well aswell.

However, you may notice that Aguero is actually slower than Adebayor and if im correct has similar pace to ibrahimovic.

So how does this work?!

My opinion is that the central striker doesn't neccesarily have to be fast but has to have the tendencies of a poacher (playing on the shoulder of the defence, breaking the offside trap, moving into channels, taking the ball round the keeper, and placing shots). In this way Ibrahimovic didnt work because he is more of a mixture between trequartista and target man, whilst Aguero with similar pace is more of a poacher and advanced forward. IE. Huntelaar would work because although he is not so quick he plays like a poacher.

Hope you understand this and it helps

I prefer Houghs! When i tried Grid tactic with the same settings (defensive movement, pitch size max and ppm try to beat offside trap) huntelaar or Vossen dont seem to score because they are not quick enough:(

I prefer Houghs! When i tried Grid tactic with the same settings (defensive movement, pitch size max and ppm try to beat offside trap) huntelaar or Vossen dont seem to score because they are not quick enough:(

The two outside strikers and the mc i train on ppm tries killerballs often.

what should we do about the wide strikers ?

should i play left footed on the right ? or left?

and also right footed on left or right ?

thank you for answers

Right foot on left, Left foot on right.

However, if you don't have the players to match this it really shouldn't be a problem!

Wide strikers are you players who are more like wingers.

EG ARSENAL: Gervinho--RVP---Walcott

so if i have ronaldo hulk benzema higuain you say ronaldo on left hulk on right striker

Ronaldo---Benzema/Higuain---Hulk

That is the best balance!

Benzema can also play on the outer sides- but Higuain can only play central striker if you do play him

Ronaldo---Benzema/Higuain---Hulk

That is the best balance!

Benzema can also play on the outer sides- but Higuain can only play central striker if you do play him

Recently took over Tottenham after concouring Germany with Wolfsberg and i have inherited a good Squad, Not world Beaters but we should do better than Tottenham finished the previous season which was 9th.

Gomes

Bale - Rhodolfo - Lovren - Gonul

Huddlestone - Gmoch

Modric

Hulk - Eto'o - Doumbia

I did start Hulk in the Central ST position at first because Eto'o was injured and he did outstandingly well, It must be noted that i have changed the tactic slightly to the one that i posted.

I'll upload screens and show you all what i have done.

Recently took over Tottenham after concouring Germany with Wolfsberg and i have inherited a good Squad, Not world Beaters but we should do better than Tottenham finished the previous season which was 9th.

Gomes

Bale - Rhodolfo - Lovren - Gonul

Huddlestone - Gmoch

Modric

Hulk - Eto'o - Doumbia

I did start Hulk in the Central ST position at first because Eto'o was injured and he did outstandingly well, It must be noted that i have changed the tactic slightly to the one that i posted.

I'll upload screens and show you all what i have done.

Good news, does it sort out the outer striker issue?

Don't really warrent another tactical release, I'd just give details on what i have tweaked

Great, i suppose I can just add the tweaks into my test save and then continue from there and judge if it makes the tactic better or not.

Not sure how thats possible but yeah...

How can I set the STCL to to mark the opponents DR as default in your tactic? The STCR is set as default to mark the opponents DL, but this doesn't seem to be the case for the left striker. How can I set this to default in the tactic so that I don't have to manually set this instruction before every match?

Fantastic tactic again Mr Hough. One more question: what if you get a red card? In my last match I took of the MC because of the DM's are needed to cover the opponents AM and the 3 strikers are needed for scoring, not sure if it's the best solution though.

No thats wrong needs to be to the right back

Yeah, i noticed that when I was testing this tactic- I thought that had to be a mistake.

I just thought perhaps your believed it to be the best way to launch a counter attack or something

Jimmyrh94 you prefer what tactics betwee;n Mr Hough and Tactikzz? =)

Okay got round to testing Grid Tactic...and my initial impressions are that the central striker seems to score about one more goal than hough's central striker per game. Right now Torres has 26 goals in 11 games, whereas with Hough's Higuain had 48 in 21 games- so if you do the maths by the time Torres has hit 21 games he will only have about 3-5 more goals. Although either way you look at it both strikers are scoring a **** load anyway. I'm winning the same amount with both tactics as well.

If you want my personal opinion I think Hough's edges it..purely because it seems a bit more balanced and bring the wingers slightly more into play. I reckon hough has made the tactic more gamer friendly, its a bit more plug and play.

How can I set the STCL to to mark the opponents DR as default in your tactic? The STCR is set as default to mark the opponents DL, but this doesn't seem to be the case for the left striker. How can I set this to default in the tactic so that I don't have to manually set this instruction before every match?

Hough: any tip on the above mentioned?

Hough: any tip on the above mentioned?

During a match, set the STL to specifically man mark their right back, then save the tactic basically as a brand new one, and then it should have the settings already implemented every game without having to manually do it. I'd check it out first though because im not 100% confident on this.

During a match, set the STL to specifically man mark their right back, then save the tactic basically as a brand new one, and then it should have the settings already implemented every game without having to manually do it. I'd check it out first though because im not 100% confident on this.

Thanks Collzy, that did the trick :thup:

Archived