Unveliavable result - Buzzing!

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mah is no big deal to be honest.

I won the league cup with Nuneaton when in the Championship,I beat Man Utd at Old Trafford on the way to the final 3-4.

The reason it is no big deal is the bigger clubs all play their under 18 players with 1 or 2 reserve players,something SI should tune a bit for future releases.

Although grats on the 7-0 win!

Well done. I would like to see the line-ups if possible. Interested to see the Chelsea team. I have won the F A Cup with Leicester first season on FM12 but only played Man City of the top half prem teams and won 1-0 despite getting battered. That was also on release and it feels like they have been downgraded a touch with the last update. Don't think I could do it again.

Heres the lineup:

Leeds:

copa

nacho

bostwick © 1

toloi

bordachev

drahun 1

jali

bressan

a.diane

d.quintero scored hat-trick

l.griffiths 1

(sub - mouche) 1

Chelsea

turnbull

bosingwa

hutchinson

ake

bertrand

meireles

romeu

kalou

mellis

malouda

lukaku

Ok there central definsive pairing aint vidic and g.cahill but my team punnished them!

That Chelsea line-up is a poor AI choice which is what daylight was suggesting. That doesn't diminish your achievement though as you can only beat what is in front of you. This was mentioned in another thread recently about an AI controlled league one side that won the cup because the bigger sides played mainly there under 21's. Even the biggest sides play full strength sides in cup finals IRL which is why it is a bit of an issue.

Heres the lineup:

Leeds:

copa

nacho

bostwick © 1

toloi

bordachev

drahun 1

jali

bressan

a.diane

d.quintero scored hat-trick

l.griffiths 1

(sub - mouche) 1

Chelsea

turnbull

bosingwa

hutchinson

ake

bertrand

meireles

romeu

kalou

mellis

malouda

lukaku

Ok there central definsive pairing aint vidic and g.cahill but my team punnished them!

Thats a bizzare team for your 1st season or am i missing something :D

Yes I sold or loaned out (plus £) most of my squad, then bought all these players on the cheap :) Quintero at £2.5m being most expensive.

Hmm still find it odd there's not 1 of the current team there jali not cheap

Why play as Leeds if in the first season you play none of their players?

Indeed.

I have never understood taking over a higher league team and tearing it apart in the 1st season,I enjoy making my own team but I start at the bottom..the very bottom but even then it takes me about 2-3 seasons to change the entire team.

Also I find players that do tear their teams apart have spent more time in the good player guide on this forum than they did playing the game for the 1st week they had the game,take that Leeds side 3 or 4 of those players are mentioned often in the forums.

I guess people enjoy playing the game they way they enjoy playing the game,for me though I would rather find the players myself and play my own game ;)

Only in the world of FM is it easier to beat Chelsea in a cup final than it is to beat someone like Cardiff. When the cup draw is being made I always hope to get a high rep AI club because I know what sort of team they'll field against me. SI need to fix this for FM13 tbh. Well done on the 7-0 though. :thup:

Indeed.

I have never understood taking over a higher league team and tearing it apart in the 1st season,I enjoy making my own team but I start at the bottom..the very bottom but even then it takes me about 2-3 seasons to change the entire team.

Also I find players that do tear their teams apart have spent more time in the good player guide on this forum than they did playing the game for the 1st week they had the game,take that Leeds side 3 or 4 of those players are mentioned often in the forums.

I guess people enjoy playing the game they way they enjoy playing the game,for me though I would rather find the players myself and play my own game ;)

Um because I like Man United too much to see them suffer at the hands of an AI manager. Just because you pick a top team doesn't you can't make a team your own. I care more about developing youngsters than first team players and I'll have success developing the world's best youngsters if I have a team with the finances to support a broad scouting network and top facilities.

But thats just me.

Indeed.

So I have not done that have I?? Every player I've bough on FM or Chamionship manager have always been found/scouted by myself. I once heard about Cristaldo but refused to buy him as I heard about how great he is from people on a football manager forum.

Regarding keeping the same team, as a leeds fan the biggest thing i was looking forward to from football manager 2012 was selling all the rubbish dead beat players in the leeds squad, obviously in real life I would probably keep snoddy/lees/clayton but on here it makes more sense to sell them as I can then bring in better players and have a more sucessfull save.

Ok start a save with leeds, bid 1m and see if you can sign bressan??

The more you guys don't believe my feat the more I believe it's a remarkable effort :D

Never said i did't believe you i said i just found it odd that there was't 1 player in your sqaud who's there a start of game

That Chelsea line-up is a poor AI choice which is what daylight was suggesting. That doesn't diminish your achievement though as you can only beat what is in front of you. This was mentioned in another thread recently about an AI controlled league one side that won the cup because the bigger sides played mainly there under 21's. Even the biggest sides play full strength sides in cup finals IRL which is why it is a bit of an issue.

Rotation and prioritising fixtures is the sort of thing that must tie their programmers up in knots, to be fair. I hope they prioritise it on FM13 and find a much more realistic balance - where the AI clubs efficiently rotate and blood hot prospects throughout the season, and take league cups seriously in late stages, as occurs in real life. It'd make the world of difference.

Only in the world of FM is it easier to beat Chelsea in a cup final than it is to beat someone like Cardiff. When the cup draw is being made I always hope to get a high rep AI club because I know what sort of team they'll field against me. SI need to fix this for FM13 tbh. Well done on the 7-0 though. :thup:

You know, I wouldn't be surprised if Liverpool have an easier time against Chelsea in the FA Cup than they did against Cardiff in the League Cup. Just saying :p It's not related to the point, of course, but I couldn't let it remain unsaid.

Not really, I sold snodgrass for £2.5m, in real life I would have got about £6/7M, in real I could have got about £4m for mccormack, also I could have got good prices on lees and white, so the point your making is a bit ridiculous really :)

If the game would just let me sell them players for there 'real lifer values' rather than loan them out I would have done so, so swings and roundabouts come to mind. Also regarding 2.4m I got in loaning out that player they have a clause that allows them to buy that player for 100k at anytime, so if I sell mccormack for £2.5m altogether, whats unfair about that?

Hehe somepeople do get a little jelouse when one has great sucess :)

So altogether i've spent £12.5M on players, in real life If I sold snodgrass,mccormack,lees,clayton I would probably have probably got more than £12.5m.

Lets say anodgrass £6m, Clayton £2.5m, Lees £2m, White £2m, Mccormack £4m = £16.5m, see the point I'm trying to make ;) If anything I'm less well off than I would be in real life :p

It is not a jealous thing at all to be honest,my Nuneaton save has far greater success.

I think the point people are making is no manager would go into Leeds and sell their best players in season 1 and bring in a full new team of players in real life(as you keep bringing up real life).

The point is a bit mute though as everyone plays the game the way they see fit.

The subject has gone a bit off topic but going back on topic winning the league cup is pretty easy in the game with the way the AI chooses the players too play.

7-0 is still a great result but winning the league cup is not "great" success.

Not really, I sold snodgrass for £2.5m, in real life I would have got about £6/7M, in real I could have got about £4m for mccormack, also I could have got good prices on lees and white, so the point your making is a bit ridiculous really :)

If the game would just let me sell them players for there 'real lifer values' rather than loan them out I would have done so, so swings and roundabouts come to mind. Also regarding 2.4m I got in loaning out that player they have a clause that allows them to buy that player for 100k at anytime, so if I sell mccormack for £2.5m altogether, whats unfair about that?

Hehe somepeople do get a little jelouse when one has great sucess :)

Really not jealous at all. I think knocking Fiorentina out of Europe and beating Valencia with my newly promoted Politehnica Timisoara side from Romania is a far greater achievement than winning the league cup with Leeds when the big sides have rested all of their best players.

My point still stands. In real life teams at that level do not pay out £2.4m to loan players who they could buy for £4m as you stated his value to be. Also think your value of £6/7m for Snodgrass is biased and out of touch with reality. You may get a few m but not 6/7m. All that those types of loan deals do is exploit a weakness in the game. I've seen clubs bid £5m to loan players before when they wouldn't pay £2.5m to buy them. Nopt sure what the developers can do about it as I'm not a programmer, but it's a clear flaw.

Really not jealous at all. I think knocking Fiorentina out of Europe and beating Valencia with my newly promoted Politehnica Timisoara side from Romania is a far greater achievement than winning the league cup with Leeds when the big sides have rested all of their best players.

My point still stands. In real life teams at that level do not pay out £2.4m to loan players who they could buy for £4m as you stated his value to be. Also think your value of £6/7m for Snodgrass is biased and out of touch with reality. You may get a few m but not 6/7m. All that those types of loan deals do is exploit a weakness in the game. I've seen clubs bid £5m to loan players before when they wouldn't pay £2.5m to buy them. Nopt sure what the developers can do about it as I'm not a programmer, but it's a clear flaw.

Whats great about that?

You obviously know little about the value of players at the moment, snodgrass was one of the best players in the championship this year and is easily worth that

Erm, Niebiescy, why are you coming on to someone else's thread and gloating about your own success? The guy simply is proud of his achievement, so why can't you let him be? Yes the transfers may be a bit strange, but that is the way he has chosen to play his game and that is up to him, it doesn't have to be done in conjunction with real life.

Although I agree with the comments about Snodgrass. If he is worth 7 million then Vaz Te should have been bought for 12million! Snodgrass is worth no more than 2.5/3 million i'm afraid lad.

Whats great about that?

You obviously know little about the value of players at the moment, snodgrass was one of the best players in the championship this year and is easily worth that

You think that beating Fiorentina and Valencia in a competition where you face their best 11 isn't an achievement when you are a newly promoted Romanian team who's average player value is 100k or less and where the squad's combined value is less than one of your star Leeds players?

Premiership clubs pay £6/7m for star players from relegated clubs who have proven themselves in the Premiership (and it's very rare they receive anywhere near that much), not for Championship players who haven't proved themselves at the higher level.

Archived