[FM12] Taking Liechtenstein to the Top

Scarman

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm enjoying this, I also had a go at the Liechtenstein challenge but with Vaduz. I did manage to get to the last 16 of the Europa league but my game was ruined when I found out that for some reason the national team wasn't available to play as. :confused:

Anyway, good luck and I hope you can get promoted.

A good start to the league. Having only a single promotion spot makes it a tough run!

Yeah, I'm pretty sure there's only one promotion place in all the leagues in Switzerland, exception being the promotion to the 1st tier where there is a promotion playoff against the 2nd worst side in the 1st tier. Makes it pretty difficult because even if you have a great season, a couple of stuff ups and suddenly you're not promoted.

Will be tough to catch Schaan from there. They have made a cracking start.

Schaan have definitely made a better start then I would have expected. Must be the fellow Liechtenstein blood ;) I have gotten to halfway through November now and they only have a 2 point lead over us. We ould have overtaken them actually but we lost to Ibach :/

I'm enjoying this, I also had a go at the Liechtenstein challenge but with Vaduz. I did manage to get to the last 16 of the Europa league but my game was ruined when I found out that for some reason the national team wasn't available to play as. :confused:

Anyway, good luck and I hope you can get promoted.

Hmm the Liechtenstein job is definitely available in my save, I've applied for it twice. Maybe there weren't enough Liechtenstein players?

Not a bad start, but you need to hope Shawn have a bad run if you want promotion

Thankfully they have, only 2 points in about 4 games I think, but we haven't capitalised yet.

Enjoying this!

Thanks, good to have you on board :)

Just read all of this, hopefully you won't be stuck in the 4th tier for much longer!

At this stage I'm not sure we'll ever get out

FC Ruggell October - December Review

Finally got a good logo pack plus some other stuff like competition name fixes, was previously holding out until I got my new laptop.

October 2017

Ocotber.png

Going into October, I was preparing myself for a tough month. Kreuzlingen always have given us trouble, and Schaan were currently unbeaten. Then there was the game against 3rd tier Solothurn to contend with in the Swiss Cup. However, it turned out to be a pretty good month. A 2-1 win away to Kreuzlingen was a great start to keep pace with Schaan, before beating them ourselves at home 2-1. Then another miracle Swiss Cup victory came along with an even affair resulting in a 1-0 victory. A fantastic month, and we were close to overtaking Schaan at this stage.

November 2017

november.png

Unfortunately, we let ourselves down greatly in November. The home loss to Ibach was the start of an extremely poor month for the club. This was followed up by a 2-1 loss at Chur, before finishing the league matches for the month with a 1-1 draw at home to Sementina. Fortunately, there was some light at the end of the tunnel, emphatically defeating 5th tier side Obersimmental 5-0 in the 5th round of the Swiss Cup, booking our first ever place in the 6th round, or the final 16. Along with this, Schaan still only held a 2 point advantage, meaning we were both unable to capitalise on each others failures.

December 2017

december.png

After a devastating month prior, we knew we had to come out all guns blazing in December. A home game against Lachlen/Altendorf ensured it wasn't going to be an easy task. Along with this, we were missing star player Thomas Nowakowski through suspension. Despite the set backs, we manage to win 2-0 in a fantastic effort. Then came the away trip to FC Contone, who were struggling to survive. They were not help out by us, as we ran out 7-2 victors, with Thomas Nowakowski, Lennart Jokubowski and Oliver Spalt all scoring doubles. Then came the Swiss Cup match away to Challenge league side Stade Nyonnais. They have regulary challenged for promotion spots in Switzerland 2nd tier, so we knew this would not be an easy game. It was still disappointing, however, when they ran out 4-0 winners. Still, a fantastic cup campaign. Just a shame that there is no prize money until the quarter finals.

The final match of the year was played away to Appenzell, who had previously beaten us at home. We took the lead twice, but they didn't give up in front of their home fans, gaining a 2-2 draw. Unfortunately, Schaan won their match, and stretched their lead back out to 4 points.

q2league.png

And there we have it, still second, though we have reduced the margin. We should have taken top spot, but have been inconsistent this season. Brilliant one match, terrible the next. I guess it's just one of the cons of using young players. One player, however, who hasn't stopped impressing is Thomas Nowakowski (YP4), scoring an impressive 20 goals in 21 matches so far this season, already beating the previous highest goalscoring tally of 19 (set last season by Nils Schmidt, who hasn't impressed this season unfortunately). Hopefully he can continue this form in the second half of the season and lift us toward promotion.

Coming up soon, the wrap up of Liechtenstein national team news for the year. It's been pretty eventful, with 3 sackings (2 senior manager and the U19 manager). Still no success in my applications though.

Liechtenstein 2017 Review

Senior

Manager | Fixtures | Qualifying Group | Rankings

Another atrocious year for Liechtenstein, only managing a draw to San Marino and dropping down to a lowly 207th before gaining a place to finish the year only above Somalia and American Samoa. The real drama came off the pitch, as in September Adin Goop was sacked as head coach. This lead to Dario Walser, the U21 coach appointed last year, to be promoted, before he was sacked 2 months later and was replaced by the current manager. Unsure as to why the would sack the manager so fast, they can't seriously expect Liechtenstein to be able to compete yet, can they?

U21

Manager | Fixtures | Qualifying Group

Also a bad year for the U21's, only managing a draw to New Zealand. Still a long, long, long way to go.

U19 Group

Things were ever so slightly better for the U19's, managing the country's only win this season, as well as two draws. Still could not compete in their group though.

[center]Liechtenstein World Rankings

|Season | Points | Previous Rank | Current Rank | Difference |
|------------------------------------------------------------|
|Start  |   -    |       -       |     119      |     -      |
|2011   |  184   |      119      |     145      |   -26      |
|2012   |  103   |      145      |     185      |   -40      |
|2013   |  161   |      185      |     137      |   +48      |
|2014   |   72   |      137      |     187      |   -50      |
|2015   |   49   |      187      |     202      |   -15      |
|2016   |   66   |      202      |     197      |   +5       |
|2017   |   26   |      197      |     206      |   -9       |
------------------------------------------------------------[/center]

Very close to the top,hope your able to sort your consistency out and claim top spot.

Takes, it's getting pretty close up there at the moment, 1 point between us and Schaan and we play each other in the next game.

On the plus side Liechtenstein can't go much lower!
They'll probably find a way :D

It would not surprise me at all :D

FC Ruggell 2018 Youth Intake

youthintake.png

A pretty good youth intake this season, we picked up a number of players that could make it in the first team. The star of the show, however is

Florian Fehr (YP8) - Coach Report

He already rated as one of the best in the team, and has pretty decent attributes.

Also, I know that it seems I jumped a YP, but I ended up making Sebastian Schneider from the previous intake YP7, because he is a regular for Liechtenstein U21's, and has impressed me with how fast he is developing.

There were other players that look pretty good as well, and I ended up signing.

Jurgen Becker - My annual goalkeeper, looks pretty decent in comparision to others.

Marius Muller - What is it with us and getting good right backs? If it wasn't for the fact the Hans-Hermann Bruns and Arvid Keller (YP6) had cemented their places as rotating for the spot, he'd be another YP.

Ronny Kaiser - Not the best from this lot, but still looks like he can develop into a decent centre back.

Michael Schmitt - Has good physical attributes, just needs to work up his technical and mental side.

Nicolas Frolov - Again, not the best from this selection, but still might be able to make a decent backup one day.

Simon Stock - About on par with some of our back up strikers already, so should be able to develop into something beyond that.

Leon Wagner - Has pretty good mental stats, and has the ability to get above people in the air, so should make a good target man one day.

The rest had potential, but probably wouldn't get anywhere. The game between our youths and the candidates finished 3-2 to the candidates. I think this is the first time the candidates have actually won, so it looks like a step in the right direction for the club.

And now, there are two very important game before the end of the month. One against Schaan, who lead us by one point, and then against Kreuzlingen. If we win both, we'll be in a great position to win promotion.

SOme good Youth players there. Hopefully you win promtion too.

Thanks xD

FC Ruggell January - March

January 2018

january.png

After years of misfortune in January, I was apprehensive coming into this month, even if we did do well last year. Those fears were quelled with a 2-1 win over Baar, before progressing to the group stage of the Interregional Amateur Cup for only the second time with a 2-0 win over Nottwil. We continued our good form by dispatching Grunstern in the cup 2-0, before earning a valuable 2-0 win over Ruthi in the league to take us within reaching distance of Schaan. Unfortunately, we couldn't make it a perfect month, losing 2-0 to 3rd tier side Naters in the cup.

February 2018

february.png

Our poor form sudden change of form seemed to continue in February, with two consectutive 1-1 draws, the first in the elague to AC Malcantone ruining another chance ot go top, before the draw at home to Ibach in our final game of the IAC groups consigned us to 3rd in our group. Our next game against Aadorf seemed to be heading in the same direction, being down 2-1 after leading 1-0. BUt then we erupted in a display of attacking football, and secured a 4-2 victory. IN the final game of the month, we managed a 1-0 win over Bazenheld at home, taking us within a point of top spot.

March 2018

march.png

Our first game of the month would be one of the most vital in the race for promotion, against Schaan away from home. We have never lost against Schaan, and didn't lose that record, running out 3-0 victors in a great display against our Liechtenstein rivals. The other game for the mont was equally important. A win against Kreuzlingen was needed to consolidate at the top of the table. In a very tight match, we ended up winning 1-0. Schaan also won their match 1-0 over AC Malcantone to keep in the title race.

q3league.png

So, it's tight at the top, and even tighter at the bottom of the table. Luckily, we're at the right end. Our final 3 games consist of away games to Ibach and Sementina, before finishing the season at home to Chur. Considering these team's recent records against us, it's not going to be an easy finish for us. Hopefully Schaan can slip up, and we can secure the league early instead of having the final game deciding promotion again.

FC Ruggell April - June/ End of Season Review

April - June 2018

april-june.png

Absolutely pathetic end to the season. We kept our lead over Shcaan with the win over Ibach, before slumping to 2 consecutive losses to Sementina and Chur to lose the title. Seeing how well we had played throughout the season, this was a real kick in the guts. It didn't help that after our loss to Sementina, moral suddenly dropped to very poor, the first time that has happened in this save.

q4league.png

There it is, another 2nd place finish. We really should have done better.

We bled money this year, losing all 700k we had at the start of the season. I dn't know what was so different this season, except the junior coaching. Maybe that was the reason.

Youth Prospects

Horst Kind (YP1) - Not good enough any more, I won't be renewing his contract at the end of next season

Patrick Riedel (YP2) - Another solid season, but always seems to lose moral at the end of season. Probably isn't able to stand up under pressure.

Lennart Jokubowski (YP3) - A great season from the central mid, scoring 8 and having a hand in 8 more.

Thomas Nowakowski (YP4) - Had a fantastic season, scoring 21 in 23, before getting injured in January. After that, couldn't recapture that early season form. Still a wonderful year.

Luc Zech (YP5) - Managed to get a few more games this season, but has been kept out by YP2 and YP3.

Arvid Keller (YP6) - A wonderful season, consistently plying well. Rewarded with his first senior cap at 17. Definitely going to be a star for Liechtenstein. Honestly, if a bigger club wanted him on a trasnfer, I'd probably let him go to help him further his career.

Sebastian Schneider (YP7) - Ended up making him a YP after impressing me with his progress. Became a regular for Liechtenstein U21, and managed 4 goals in 11 games for us.

Florian Fehr (YP8) - Played a few games for the club, but not enough to accurately gauge his abilities.

[center]FC Ruggell Season by Season

|Season | Tier | Position | Swiss Cup | Europe | Acheivements|
|2011/12|  6th |   1st    | 1st Round | Nope   |  Promotion  |
|2012/13|  5th |   1st    | 4th Round | Nope   |  Promotion  |
|2013/14|  4th |   5th    | 4th Round | Nope   |  None       |
|2014/15|  4th |   7th    | 1st Round | Nope   |  None       |
|2015/16|  4th |   3rd    | 1st Round | Nope   |  None       |
|2016/17|  4th |   2nd    | 5th Round | Nope   |  None       |
|2017/18|  4th |   2nd    | 6th Round | Nada   |  None       |
--------------------------------------------------------------[/center]

Unlucky lad :/ You should get promotion next season for sure.

FIFA 2018 World Cup

Hosts - Russia

Holders - England

*Bold denotes progression

Group A - Brazil, Russia, Slovakia, Togo

Group B - Argentina, Turkey, USA, Australia

Group C - Mexico, Greece, Uruguay, Ghana

Group D - Spain, Columbia, Belgium, Japan

Group E - Germany, Romania, Nigeria, Saudi Arabia

Group F - Italy, Ivory Coast, Israel, Jordan

Group G - Netherlands, Mali, Bosnia & Herzegovina, South Korea

Group H - England, Chile, Hungary, Costa Rica

Round of 16

Turkey 1 - 1 Brazil (Brazil wins on penalties)

Russia 1 -1 Argentina (Russia wins on penalties)

Columbia 1 - 3 Mexico

Greece 1 - 1 Spain (Greece wins on penalties)

Ivory Coast 0 - 5 Germany

Romania 2 - 3 Italy

Chile 2 - 1 Netherlands (Chile wins in extra time)

Mali 0 - 2 England

Quarter Final

Brazil 3 - 1 Greece

Russia 2 - 2 Mexico (Mexico wins on penalties)

Germany 4 - 0 England

Italy 4 - 0 Chile

Semi Final

Brazil 3 - 2 Italy

Mexico 2 - 2 Germany (Mexico wins on penalties)

Third Place Playoff

Italy 4 - 1 Germany

Final

Brazil 3 - 0 Mexico

Golden Ball - Hulk (Brazil)

Golden Shoe - Giuseppe Rossi; 9 goals (Italy)

Best Goalkeeper - Manuel Neuer (Germany)

Best Young Player - Sendogan Memisoglu (Germany)

Most Goals Scored - Italy; 21

Most Goals Conceded - Togo; 13

Decided to give a wrap on the World Cup (And also subsequent Euro Championships as well). Interesting to see there was nothing most people would classify as a group of death. Also interesting to see a couple of nations absent, such as France and Portugal. Finally, Greece win over Spain would have to go down as the upset of the tournament, closely followed by Russia's win over Argentina.

FC Ruggell PreSeason Review

friendlies.png

We arranged another set of leagues to gain some income, and somehow managed a draw against Zurich, probably our best result of the preseason. We also won our annual Warm Up Cup, beating last year's league winners Schaan 2-0. With the financial boost, admittedly probably the worst in years, we managed to get another upgrade to the Junior Coaching, maing it Exceptional. I believe that's the highest it can go, or is there another level?

Finances | Season Tickets | Club Info | Facilities | League

Time to get back in the saddle and hopefully win promotion.

I believe you misspelt 'more' ;)
My ex uses that spelling all the time, interesting seeing it here.

A mixture of tiredness and reading rage comics led to that :D

Unbelievably tough beat in the end of the season. Promotion has got to happen this year for sure :)

Thanks, I'm desperately hoping for promotion this season :) It's something the club deserves greatly after the past few seasons.

FC Ruggell July - September Review

July 2018

july.png

As we set out for season #6 in the 4th tier, we began the year away from home against newly promoted Hinwil. It was a nervy affair, with my players obviously still suffering from some doubt after our end of season collapse last season, while Hinwil looked unsure in a new league. Ultimately, though, they managed to come from behind twice to claim a 2-2 victory against us. It was a game that seemed like 2 points lost. The next game against Aadorf singled our first home game of the season, and despite leading 2-1, they managed to come from behind, snatching the win at the death in front of our home fans. I was personally disgusted at the performance, and only taking a single point from our first month of the season set doubts in my mind about the team. I just hoped that I would be proven wrong.

August 2018

august.png

August started with a bang. We played Kreuzlingen at home, and were hoping to atone for our previous mistakes. A slight deviation from our regular 4-3-1-2 formation saw us line up with a 4-1-2-1-2, and it seemed to pay dividends early, with the team taking a 2-0 lead into half time. However, Kreuzlingen fought back, and the doubts re-entered my mind. They were soon quelled as the lads scored 3 quick goals to push the score out to 5-2, and despite a late consolation, the team looked dominant. The next game was played against 6th tier side FC Le Parc in the Swiss Cup. We dominated, but couldn't find a goal, while they managed one against the run of play and knocked us out of the cup. ur next game was against Lachlen/Altendorf, and Thomas Nowakowski showed his class with his second hattrick in two league games as we won 4-1. July seemed to be a blip on the radar with this form.

September 2018

september.png

Enter September, where our first game was played at home against AC Malcantone. Despite going a man down when Arvid Keller (YP6) was sent off for a stupid challenge, we dominated but couldn'yt find the break through. This was follwoed by a trip to Baar, where we ran out 2-0 winners, before dominating another home game while drawing 0-0 to Winkeln SG. Our final game was played away to Chur, where we ran out 2-0 winners. So two 0-0 home draws and two 2-0 away wins sums up September as a month where we couldn't appease our home fans.

q1league.png

Doesn't this look familiar? We missed some opportunities to go top of the league, but are sitting pretty well after that horror start. Disappointing to go out of the cup so early, but it may be a blessing in disguise as it gives us more opportunity to focus on the league.

I am pretty sure some of the counties above you don't have enough people to field a football team, it worries me

Never thought I'd see the day when a team was worse than American Samoa xD

Looks like a closer promotion race this time.

Much, much closer than last year's two team race.

FC Ruggell October - December Review

October 2018

october.png

Because of most of my squad's international requirements for the U21/U19 Liechtenstein sides, the match against Ruthi was postponed. During the other matches, Amriswil lost their match, giving us a golden opportunity to take top spot. We kept the pressure on with our 3-1 win over FC Eyup, before taking top spot in our catch up by picking apart Ruthi in a 3-0 win. Our next match would have a huge bearing on the league, as we hosted Amriswil at home. October was a short but sweet month, we had a lot to look forward to in November.

November 2018

november.png

Unfortunately, Amriswil regained top spot by beating us 2-1 at home. It was a pretty disappointing performance as well, with them dominating most of the game. We almost snatched a late draw, both Thomas Nowakowski didn't have his scoring boots on. We followed this up with a trip to Sementina, who effectively ended our promotion hope last season. A 1-1 draw in a game we dominated saw Amriswil take a 4 point lead at the top, meaning they again put us on the back foot. However, our final game of the month against Appenzell restored some hope with a 2-0 win.

December 2018

december.png

December was the month we really needed to fire in to help us to the top of the table. It didn't start off well, drawing 0-0 to Hinwil in a game we dominated to Shots 21-0, with 6-0 on target. A terrible performance by our strikers. The next match against Aadorf reduced the gap at the top to 2 points, as Amriswil drew. The 1-0 victory was vital against a team that always seems to give us trouble, but came at a price, with Thomas Nowakowski (YP4) picking up a 2 month injury. We finished the month with a 2-2 draw to Kreuzlingen, where we led 2-0 until the 80th minute. Amriswil lost, meaning their lead was cut to 1 point at the end of the year. December was ultimately the month where we should have easily picked up all 9 points, but couldn't.

q2league.png

3 points separate the top 4 teams. Amriswil look like the most dangerous team we have to contend with at the moment, but Chur consistently give us trouble. Definitely wouldn't count out Appenzel or Kreuzlingen yet either, as a couple of years ago when Amrisiwl were promoted, they were behind top spot by 5 points at the end of December. This season is shaping up to be one of the closest promotion races I've experienced.

Liechtenstein 2018 Review

Senior

Manager | Fixtures | Qualifying Group | Rankings

The only way is up for the Liechtenstein national team. Rooted to the bottom of the World Rankings after another terrible year, the only hope seems to be through youth. It's such a shame a handy player such a Benjamin Schmidt (My coaches won't scout him for some reason so I can't view all his attributes) is playing for a nation like Liechtenstein. I wouldn't be surprised if he was picked up by a foreign club one day soon.

U21

A decent year for the U21's. As you can see, my youths featured heavily, scoring some vital goals. Despite some disappointing losses, it shows that the future probably won't be rooted to the bottom of the world :D

U19

Again, my players featured heavily, particulary Marcel Wolters who socred a few goals for the U19's. They picked up a solid win over Hong Kong, and a decent draw against Serbia.

[center]Liechtenstein World Rankings

|Season | Points | Previous Rank | Current Rank | Difference |
|Start  |   -    |       -       |     119      |     -      |
|2011   |  184   |      119      |     145      |   -26      |
|2012   |  103   |      145      |     185      |   -40      |
|2013   |  161   |      185      |     137      |   +48      |
|2014   |   72   |      137      |     187      |   -50      |
|2015   |   49   |      187      |     202      |   -15      |
|2016   |   66   |      202      |     197      |   +5       |
|2017   |   26   |      197      |     206      |   -9       |
|2018   |   15   |      206      |     208      |   -2       |
------------------------------------------------------------[/center]

FC Ruggell Youth Intake 2019

youthintake.png

It was a pretty disappointing year actually, no one really stood out as being a star despite what my assistant says (although, he is pretty rubbish). I did find one player worthy of the Youth Prospect title though.

Jochen Lang (YP9) - Has pretty good mental stats for someone so young, and probably the best physicals I've seen on a defender to have come through. If he can improve his marking, tackling, strength and positioning he could be pretty class.

Only signed 4 other players.

Mirko Szymanski - Probably won't make it to the first team due to the abundance of strikers, but it all depends on how he develops.

Onno Blume - About the average defender, again probably won't get far, but good to have all the same.

Oskar Schlegel - If he can improve his passing, he could become decent.

Alexander Stadler - Only signed him because the assistant rate him the best for the year. I don't play wingers though, so it's more just letting him develop a bit before passing him on.

FC Ruggell January - March Review

January 2019

january.png

January would shape up to be an important month, as we were closing in on top spot. A trip to AC Malcantone would start the month, and we taught them a in football lesson at San Michele, scoring a 5-1 victory. This was followed by a home game to 3rd tier side Chenois in the IAC. They took an early lead, but we fought back, scoring an equaliser before winning the game in injury time. It was a deserved win, although I was apprhensive about clogging up our schedule with games. We followed this up with a 0-0 draw to Lachlen/Altendorf, who we doinated but couldn't score against (how many times do I have to write that phrase?). Then came a run of 2 tough games in the IAC, both agaisnt 3rd tier sides. Schaffhausen are generally promotion favourites to the Challenge league, and rightfully won 3-0, while Cham are about a mid table side. We lost to the in our first season 4-0, so a 1-0 loss shows improvement. We even controlled the second half and finished the game with more shot at goal than them. Our final game of the month would be against Baar, a team we usually pick apart. This time was no different, as we raced to a 3-0 victory.

February 2019

february.png

February started in our final group game of the IAC. We culdn't progress, and neither could Athletique, but it was still disappointing after the loss. We didn't look like ourselves. This trend continued into the league, where we lost 2-0 to Winkeln SG. After the game, moral suddenly dropped to Very Poor, and I was having memories of last season. We managed to turn that around though with a 3-0 victory at home to Chur to finish out the month on top of the league.

March 2019

march.png

In our only game of the month, we maintained our lead at the top with a hard fought 3-2 win over Ruthi. We led three times throughout the match, luckily Ruthi only had two equalisers in them.

q3league.png

Deja vu. We led by 2 points at this time last year, and ended up losing the title. Hopefully we have learned from our mistakes and have the experience to finish top spot.

There we go, I finished these last night but dodgy internet ensured I couldn't update. Also have played two more games into April... I don't want to spoil any surprises.

FC Ruggell April - June Review/2018/19 End of Season Review

April 2019

april.png

We led by 2 points at the start of April, however we also had a game in hand as other games were played over an international break for us. We fought out a hard 1-0 victory over the bottom placed side, taking our lead over Hinwil to 5 points. With the right results, we could have wrapped up a victory in the next fixture. We did defeat Sementina 4-0, but Hinwil also won to keep their slim chances alive.

May 2019

may.png

Those slim chances suddenly became a bit more realistic as we slumped to a 2-1 loss to Amriswil in our only game of May. Hinwil won their match to reduce the margin to 2 points. Our superior for and against meant that we would only have to draw to progress, while Hinwil needed to win and for us to lose for promotion. It would be a tight finish to the season.

June 2019

june.png

We began our final match of the season against Appenzell looking dominant. We had shrugged off any doubt we may of had about losing top spot, and Sebastian Schneider (YP7) scored as we took an early 1-0 lead. Appenzell then fought back into the match, coming close on a number a occasions before slotting home an equaliser. From there, they continued to press, looking more and more likely that they would get the win. Against the run of play, however, Lennart Jokubowski slotted home a rebound for a scrappy 2-1 win. Hinwil lost their match, so the result didn't matter in the end, but it was still the best way to end the season. Promotion!

q4league.png

We almost choked. We almost choked again. But we held on for promotion! Finally out of the league after 6 seasons. The 3rd tier is going to be hell, I'll probably be lucky to survive. We've managed some lucky results in the past against 3rd tier sides, but most of the matches have ended with us getting taught a lesson.

We were only kept afloat by Chairman injections. Hopefully we'll see some increased crowd numbers in the 3rd tier.

Star Player

Michael Ebert - Set up 10 goals, and was extremely reliable.

Youth Prospects

Horst Kind (YP1) - Didn't get a game, and will be released on a free at the end of the season.

Patrick Riedel (YP2) - Will also be released after struggling to find a place in the first team. I think he would struggle in the 3rd tier even as a backup, so despite the hard choice, it's probably for the best. Before this season, he had been a great squad player, racking up a total of 152 appearances for the club.

Lennart Jokubowski (YP3) - A great year for the club. Didn't score or assist a great deal, but was solid.

Thomas Nowakowski (YP4) - Started the season on fire with 2 hattricks, but got injured in December and never returned to his best after that. Still had a good season,

Luc Zech (YP5) - Didn't get many games and got frustrated because of it. Will most likely let him go to a new club soon, never developed ito a decent player.

Arvid Keller (YP6) - Picked up 2 caps this season, and played well for the club. A number of injuries held back his progression though.

Sebastian Schneider (YP7) - Featured regularly, and scored 10 goals for the club. A good year for the youngster.

Florian Fehr (YP8) - A fantastic debut season. Was reliable as a defensive mid, and showed experience beyond his years.

Jochen Lang (YP9) - Didn't pick up an appearance this season due to the tense finish. Has shown some signs of improvement though.

[center]FC Ruggell Season by Season

|Season | Tier | Position | Swiss Cup | Europe | What Happened?|
|--------------------------------------------------------------|
|2011/12|  6th |   1st    | 1st Round | Nope   |  Promotion    |
|2012/13|  5th |   1st    | 4th Round | Nope   |  Promotion    |
|2013/14|  4th |   5th    | 4th Round | Nope   |  Nothing      |
|2014/15|  4th |   7th    | 1st Round | Nope   |  Nothing      |
|2015/16|  4th |   3rd    | 1st Round | Nope   |  Nothing      |
|2016/17|  4th |   2nd    | 5th Round | Nope   |  Nothing      |
|2017/18|  4th |   2nd    | 6th Round | Nope   |  Nothing      |
|2018/19|  4th |   1st    | 1st Round | Nope   |  Promotion!!  |
----------------------------------------------------------------[/center]

Awesome news!

Cheers dude :thup:

How much do you think the poor youth facilities and youth recruitment is holding you back. Have you had any swiss youth players come through?

Well done on getting promoted though.

The youth facilities are probably holding us back a fair bit, especially seeing we have none :p And no, we haven't had any Swiss players come through. Thankfully though, knowing my luck he'd end up being a world class player and not play for Liechtenstein :lol:

Well done keeping up the good form and going up.

Thanks!

I think you'll start getting swiss only if you have better youth recruitment than other teams near Lichtenstein's border. Also, having a swiss feeder club would also help on getting swiss youth.

Thanks for telling me this :) Don't really want Swiss youths, so it's not a great concern of mine at the moment (I need money and pro status!), but I'll probably improve it later done the track.

I'm liking the perks for the 3rd tier already :D Finally got an invite to a youth league, so my guys should start improving more rapidly!

Scarman they will always have a 2nd nationality of Liechtenstein :) I have 3 English players at Zenit, all are Russian 2nd nationality :)
Yep, same here at Rubin. I have a romanian and a czech player, both youth prospects and both with Russian nationality.

True, but if they are good players, wouldn't they prefer to play for Switzerland over Liechtenstein because it's the more reputable nation? I suppose if I get the nation team job I can get in early and give them a senior cap before Switzerland have that chance though :p

Also reading through some coach reports of a couple of my highly rated players. Florian Fehr is rated with the potential to be a Good Axpo Super League player in the future, with Arvid Keller and Sebastian Schneider having the potential to be decent in that division. Good to here that if they develop into the players they could be I will have them for a long time for my rise through the divisions :D

Scarman they can do sometimes but as the nation gets better so will the people wanting to play for them. I think someone ran a test added the Basque nation in and that ended up being ABOVE Spain, it started as the lowest ranked team.

Even if you give them a selection, you have to do it after their 21st birthday. I think it's a rule made by FIFA that allows them to change to the other nationality, even if they had a senior cap for any other country before that. Something to do with better judgement when you're older, or something like that. I may be wrong.

Scarman they can do sometimes but as the nation gets better so will the people wanting to play for them. I think someone ran a test added the Basque nation in and that ended up being ABOVE Spain, it started as the lowest ranked team.
Even if you give them a selection, you have to do it after their 21st birthday. I think it's a rule made by FIFA that allows them to change to the other nationality, even if they had a senior cap for any other country before that. Something to do with better judgement when you're older, or something like that. I may be wrong.

I'm pretty sure once you choose your senior side, you have to stay. But thanks both of you for clearing all that up :) Didn't know the national sides rep could improve actually, thought it was only leagues haha

My bad. I researched a bit more and this is what I was thinking about:

"Fifa recently removed the age limit for players who want to switch national allegiance. Previously players who had represented one country at youth level had to make the choice to change by the age of 21."

So, it shouldn't affect you if you get to be manager of Liechtenstein.

FC Ruggel PreSeason Review

friendlies.png

Maybe we shouldn't have arranged 3 leagues this season. After only making about 400k from the leagues, I assumed I needed a 3rd to break even without the chairman support. And maybe we do, because I haven't seen our first loss yet. But it still feels a bit wrong to have 1 mil in the bank. Still, we probably will lose most of it throughout the season. It does look like we are making some improvement though, with draws against Zurich, St Gallen and Grasshoppers, and better performances all round.

Finances | Club Info | Facilities | League

Because of the cash, the board again agreed to build youth facilities, although I fully expect these to be cancelled again as well, as they have to go through the planning stages. On the plus side, our season ticket sales more than doubled from last season, fetching in 138.

Now onto the league. It's a pity Schaan had to go get themselves relegated. We still have one Liechtenstein club in this league with us though, with Balzers generally taking out a lower mid table spot. This league tends to be the nightmare step up for clubs, with most going down first season. The most amount of points a club has gotten and still been relegated with is 26. With that in mind, I'm going to aim for 35 points this season. 30 games to be played, so it might be a bit of a hard task, but I'm sure the team will go all out.

Archived