[FM12] Taking Liechtenstein to the Top

Scarman

vsBeroe2.png

The start of a new era here at Ruggell. A 3-1 victory over Bulgarian side Beroe opens the newly built Ruggell stadium, in a game of goals and drama. Unfortunately, it wasn't at capacity for us as only 1131 of the stadium 4525 capacity are actual seats, so that's all we can have at a European game. Our first league game against Servette should fill the stadium a bit more.

Next round we play Koper from Slovenia in a tie that should see us through to the 4th Qualifying Round.

RuggellvServetteFCInformation_Overview.png

There we are, first league game at the new stadium. Another win, so far so good at Ruggell Stadium! ON another note, what is Jung's problem? Two red cards in 2 games 3 days apart... if he wasn't a key member of the squad I'd probably sack him. Alas, I cannot sign a new anchor man, so he will have to do :D No quite a sell out, but still a very good crowd of over 4000!

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice to see a new era kick off with wins in Europe and the League.As for Jung,maybe he is a bit too keen when going in for challenges.

Just a bit over excited I think, the awe of the new stadium must have been too much ;)

Good start to life in the new stadium & grabbing a win over the other side that were promoted can only be good for your survival chances.

Cheers, unfortunately ffor me Servette have since beaten Thun Who currently have 0 points) and Xamax who beat us 4-1 at the start of the season. Still in 9th though, so not n automatic relegation yet!

Fine Jung's ass! But at least a good start so far :)

He got fined, I woould never let him get away with that :D

Looks like Superleague life will go better this time, as long as Jung completes the occasional game

Funnily enough, before those two games he had only received 2 other red cards in his career, one of them at national level. I think he'll come back to his senses ;)

FC Ruggell Europa League Campaign

2nd Qualifying Round

Beroe 0 - 3 FC Ruggell

We began Europe with a trip to Bulgaria. Despite dominating the game, it wasn't until Ziereis came off the bench in the 68th minute that we started to look threatening. He proceded to score a hat trick to help us to a 3-0 away win.

FC Ruggell 3 - 1 Beroe

After the dominating away win, we returned to Ruggell for our very first game at the new stadium. We kicked off our new era in style, with a 3-1 win to take out the tie and progress.

FC Ruggell progress 6-1 on aggregate.

3rd Qualifying Round

FC Ruggell 1 - 1 Koper

After drawing Slovenian team Koper in the 3rd round, I had high hopes about progressing to the 4th. However, we slipped up at home to draw 1-1, gifting them a vital away goal.

Koper 2 - 3e FC Ruggell

Afer conceding at home, we knew we had to score to progress. However, things looked bleak when we went behind again. However, Zimmermann scored late in the game to send it to extra time. Zimmermann scored 1 minute into the 1st period, and from there I knew we would win. Koper equalised late on, but Zimmermann added his thrd a minute later.

FC Ruggell progress e4-3 on aggregate.

4th Qualifying Round

Metalist 0 - 1 FC Ruggell

Drawing a strong Ukraine side, I was apprehensive about progressing to the groups. However, when Zimemrnann scored late in the game to give us an away win, I was suddenly anticipating another bout in the group stage.

FC Ruggell 0 - 2 Metalist

However, those hopes were dashed on the return to Liechtenstein, as we went down 2-0 in front of our home fans.

Metalist progress 2-1 on aggregate.

Tough to go our just before the group stages, but still a good showing.

Cheers, it was a bit disappointing seeing how well we did in the Ukraine.

That must've been very close. Unlucky on not making it into the group stages.

Was it your first defeat at Ruggell stadium?

It was, They destroyed us early in the game but after they they scored the first goal, we played them off the park. We should have scored at least one ourselves but they ended up scoring on the counter.

Nah, our first loss at home was to Sion 1-0.

Also, the save is starting to lag massively again, not sure why. Last time it did it is was because the laptop wasn't identifying the power point it was plugged into to, but that isn't the case this time. Hopefully it won't effect me massively.

FC Ruggell PreSeason/July - September Review

PreSeason 2028

Fixtures

July 2028

july.png

Ruggell's 2028/29 season began with a trip to Bulgaria in the Europa League, taking out a 3-0 victory as they looked to secure group stage football for a second season running. However, it was in the Super League that they were looking to impress and stay in the top tier for another season. Xamax inflicted an early defeat however, taking out a 4-1 win. However, the Ruggell Stadium was than officially opened in the 2nd leg of their Europa League tie with Beroe, where they won 3-1. They followed this up with a 2-0 win over Servette in the league before ending the month two draws, firstly to Koper 1-1 in the Europa League, before taking a point from Zurich in the league.

August 2028

august.png

August promised to continue to be the busiest month of the calendar year for Ruggell, with 8 games in total. It began with an extra time win over Koper to progress in Europe, before the Liechtenstein club slumped to a 1-0 home loss to Sion. They followed this up with a 2-0 win over St. Margrethen in the cup before slumping to a 2-0 loss to Basel. Ruggell then travelled to the Ukraine where they faced Metalist in the Europa League. They won 1-0. However, any feeling of elation was cut short as they lost the remaining games that month, 2-0 to St. Gallen and 2-1 to Grasshoppers in the league, as well as crashing out of Europe with a 2-0 home loss to Metalist.

September 2028

september.png

After crashing out of Europe, Ruggell's schedule got a lot shorter. It seemed to benefit the Liechtenstein club greatly, as they only lost 1 of the 5 games the following month. It began with a trip to Bern to play Young Boys. The home side went up 3-0 before a late fight back saw Ruggell pullthe scoreline back to 3-2. However, the rest of the month went well. There net game was a cup tie to Willisau, where braces from Ziereis and Frick helped the team to a 8-0 thrashing. Xamax followed, and a much better display from the Liechtenstein club this tim around saw them draw 2-2, before destroying another club in the cup, this time beating Balerna 4-0. Ruggell finished the month with a 2-0 win over 3-1 win over Thun to push them into 8th spot.

q1.png

Much improved performances from the club. After the Metalist game I switched to a 3 man offence to counter the lack of goals the club was scoring, and it has seemed to work after a bit of tinkering from the Grasshoppers and Young Boys games. Hopefully we can keep 8th spot over the course of the season, it is vital we don't get sucked into the playouts, or worse, automatic relegation.

Still a tough fight but much better.

Cheers delta, we're still a long way off being close to the top teams in the league, but I'm happy with the improvement!

Basel in 7th
They have a game in hand which would take them to 4th if they won to be fair.

Pretty much what ManU said, although besides the league win in my first year in the Super League, Basel haven't really had much success in my save. Two leagues last decade and a couple of cups, but are generally a 4th/5th placed side. Besides, in such a small league, there really isn't much room for error. A couple of dropped points good see you miss the top half.

A very close battle between the bottom 3.

Indeed, it was what I was looking for this season. I thought I would need all the help I could get to survive.

Very close battle at the bottom and hopefully you can come out on top.
Doing better than last time :) Hang on and you can consolidate.

Cheers! We've actually had a really good November which saw us thrash Thun 5-0, and pick up wins over Grasshoppers and St. Gallen. Other than that and another win over Servette, it's been nothing but losses against the best teams in the league. That year of relegation really did help us it would seem :D

Go go Ruggell! Survive!
In ruggell we believe!!

Cheers fellas :D

FC Ruggell October - November Review

October 2028

october.png

After a promising month, Ruggell looked ahead to October with both hope and despair. On one hand, a win over Servette would see them shoot away from the drop zone. ON the other, they would be playing 3 of the best teams in the league in Sion, Zurich and Basel. Things started off well for the Liechtenstein club though, as they ran out 2-0 winners over away to Servette, before Zurich inflicted the inevitable loss. This was followed by an inspired performance by Ziereis in the cup, as he cored 5 goals in Ruggell's 6-0 thrashing of Challenge League side Breitenrain. However, they couldn't take ths form into the league, as they suffered a 2-1 loss to Sion and a 4-2 loss to Basel.

November 2028

november.png

November on the other hand was a completely different month for Ruggell. Things started off well as they defeated St. Gallen 3-0, before Ziereis continued his run of hot form to put away Grasshoppers 4-1. This was followed by a 6-2 thrashing of Entlebuch in the Swiss Cup, the 3rd tier side just not good enough. The best result of the month however was the 5-0 thrashing of Thun, with Ziereis grabbing another hat trick.

December 2028

december.png

After a fantastic November, Ruggell were handed a rude shock as they were completely outclassed by Young Boys. If it wasn't for poor finishing o the day, the final score would have been much more than 1-0. This was followed by a win over Aarau in the cup, which wasn't always going to plan. An early 1-0 lead by Aarau was kept for most of the game, before Ziereis equalised in the 81st minute. Three minutes later, the striker had his second, before Ruggell put the result beyond doubt in the 5th minute of injury time through Heinrichs.

q2league.png

Absolutely stunning month in November, didn't expect any of those wins. Ziereis has finally started to fire in goals like I expected of him when he came through to youth system. Zimmermann hasn't been at top form this season though, I can only imagine the score lines if he had been firing as well. We've pulled away pretty successfully, so I might aim for 5th place and get a Europe spot through the Swiss league, giving Vaduz the Liechtenstein spot back. If that fails, I might get somewhere in the cup, as we play another Challenge League side in the way of Lugano, who we beat last season. Might even get another Cup Final appearance! All in all, fantastic season so far, would have never imagined some of those wins! Young Boys Sion, Zurich and Basel are still a long way ahead of us though.

Liechtenstein 2028 Review

Senior

Rankings | Fixtures | Qualifying Group

A fantastic year that sees us end it top of our qualification group! A win over Turkey along with thrashing Kazakhstan and Estonia see us lead, while the disappointing friendly losses and the loss to Georgia don't scream immediate cause for concern, though I would have liked the wins. We never seem to do as good in friendlies anyway. We got to a record 54th in the World Rankings, before dropping off a few places due to the friendly losses in November.

U21

Manager | Fixtures | Qualifying Group

Another pretty poor year with no wins for the U21's.

U19

Manager | Fixtures | Qualifying Group

Absymal year, but seeing that I've been taking all of the promising youth for the senior side, it will be a few years before the U21's and U19's start performing well again.

[center]Liechtenstein World Rankings

|Season | Points | Previous Rank | Current Rank | Difference |
|------------------------------------------------------------|
|Start  |   -    |       -       |     119      |     -      |
|2011   |  184   |      119      |     145      |   -26      |
|2012   |  103   |      145      |     185      |   -40      |
|2013   |  161   |      185      |     137      |   +48      |
|2014   |   72   |      137      |     187      |   -50      |
|2015   |   49   |      187      |     202      |   -15      |
|2016   |   66   |      202      |     197      |   +5       |
|2017   |   26   |      197      |     206      |   -9       |
|2018   |   15   |      206      |     208      |   -2       |
|2019   |   37   |      208      |     205      |   +3       |
|2020   |   15   |      205      |     208      |   -3       |
|2021   |   34   |      208      |     203      |   +5       |
|2022   |   27   |      203      |     204      |   -1       |
|2023   |   45   |      204      |     204      |    0       |
|2024   |   65   |      204      |     198      |   +6       |
|2025   |   65   |      198      |     195      |   +3       |
|2026   |   98   |      195      |     177      |   +18      |
|2027   |  334   |      177      |      91      |   +86      |
|2028   |  476   |       91      |      58      |   +33      |
--------------------------------------------------------------[/center]

Great November there. You even have positive GD now. Keep it up.

It was a pretty crazy month, keeping it up though has proved troublesome.

Great job with Ruggell, just remember not to choke!!

Doing well with Lienchenstein too.

Cheers! Liechtenstein has really surprised me, especially the Turkey game. As for Ruggell, it feels like it's getting a bit harder to breath now :D

Looking very good now.

Cheers deltablue!

Nice to see you pulling away from the relegation zone,excellent start to the qualification group with Liechtenstein as well.Keep up the good work :thup:

We've been pulled back into the fight unfortunately, but I'm still confident of surviving :)

Great to see Liechtenstein almost to a top 50 ranking Great season as well.

Cheer cerud! Since then we drew with Azerbaijan (:rolleyes:) in a friendly, before destroying Switzerland 4-1, so next time the rankings get released we should crack the 50!

FC Ruggell Mid Season/February - March Review

Mid Season 2029

Fixtures

February 2029

february.png

After a great first half of the year, Ruggell were looking to pick up that form and ride it into a top 5 finish. However, Xamax proved a tough barrier in their first game of the year, defeating them 3-1. Next up was a home game to Servette, and everything seemed to come back together with a 4-1 thrashing of the Geneva based club. However, Zurich would defeat them 5 days later 2-0 to give Ruggell only 3 points from 3 games in 2029.

March 2029

march.png

With a tough start in hand, Ruggell were looking to regain some form when they played Challenge League side Lugano in the Swiss Cup. However, even with the home crowd, the Liechtenstein club couldn't match their opponents intensity and were knocked out of the cup with a 4-3 loss. This kicked off a poor month for the Liechtenstein club, following up this with consecutive 2-0 losses, first to Sion and then to St. Gallen, before picking up their first points of the month by holding Grasshoppers to a 1-1 draw. Young Boys would prove too much for Ruggell though, as the reigning Champions won 3-1. Ruggell closed out the month with draws to give them some positive, with Thun and Xamax both held to 1-1 draws.

q3league.png

Well, the main thing is that I'm outside the drop zone. It's been a pretty rubbish few month. I'm especially disappointed with the loss in the cup, as I felt it was a pretty good year for us to win it. Zimmermann is looking like he is gaining some form, so hopefully he will keep us above relegation this season. We will play Servette and Thun again, so hopefully we can pick up wins from those game to secure safety.

Great work and excellent progress with club and country, will be following your progress. Interesting to see other Liechtenstein clubs in higher divisions, with Eschen/Mauren the next placed club last season.

Too close for my liking,hope you survive as you really do deserve it after this season.

Cheers BWG, we will be playing Super League football next season after managing to turn around the winless run late April and have a really good May

Great work and excellent progress with club and country, will be following your progress. Interesting to see other Liechtenstein clubs in higher divisions, with Eschen/Mauren the next placed club last season.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Ruggell, Vaduz and Eschen/Mauren in the Super League in a few years time, Vaduz got themselves promoted this season so it's just down to Eschen now.

Tough month, but you're hanging on; that's the main thing for right now.

Hanigng on by a thread, we dropped to 2 points outside at one stage but luckily held on to it :D

It's gonna be an exiting end to the season.

It was a very exciting season at both ends of the table - Zurich at one stage had a 3 point lead with 2 games in hand. They effectively did a Manchester United and gave Young Boys top spot on goal difference with one game to go. Go and speculate who won the league while I go write up the update :D

FC Ruggell April - May/End of Season Review

April 2029

april.png

Ruggell were slipping down the table at the wrong end of the season, and were looking to return to winning form against Servette. However, Servette were looking to gain an advantage on the the Liechtenstein club. An even match ended in a 2-2 draw, before Ruggell welcomed top placed Zurich to their home stadium. Despite leading 1-0, then 2-1, Ruggell gave Zurich a 3-2 lead. But with only a few minutes lef ton the clock, Alfons Wolff struck home to even the scoreline and give Ruggell a vital 3-3 draw. Next up were former parent club Sion, and they proved too strong as they won 1-0 in a game they dominated. Basel were next, and they also dominated Ruggell to win 4-1 and stretch their winless run to 12 games. 4 days later though, a different Ruggell side turned up to play Basel again. Zimmermann opened the scoring, before Basel equalised. However, with 5 minutes on the clock, Ruggell legend Sebastian Schneider struck home with what would be one of his most important goals of his career to snap Ruggell's winless run and turn their season back around.

May 2029

may.png

Ruggell suddenly knew how to in again, and Zimmermann put on a master class performance with 4 goals against St. Gallen. 3 days later, Grasshoppers brought them back to Earth with a 3-2 win, before Young Boys underestimated the Liechtenstein club and lost 3-2. By now, survival was secured, and Ruggell celebrated in style against Thun in the final game of the season, with Zimmermann scoring 4 and setting up 2 as they thrashed Thun 7-2.

q4league.png

After February/March, I really didn't expect 7th place. But that was a sensational end to the season! Can scarcely believe how much Zimmermann destroyed in May. In fact, he scored 16 goals in his last 13 to go from only 3 goals in the league to 2nd place on the scoring charts. Where were all season, Sebastian???

Zurich come 2nd for the 6th time in 8 season! They haven't won a league title for 11 season now. Young Boys continue their recent dominance with their 7th title in 8 season, their 20th overall. Meanwhile, Vaduz won promotion, so for the first time in history, 1/5 of the top tier in Switzerland will be made up of Liechtenstein clubs!

Squad | Club Info | Facilities | Finances | Transfers

Youth Prospects

Arvid Keller (YP6) - Limited appearances, simply not good enough for the club any more. If it wasn't for his wage (which I'm at fault for, damn yearly increases), I'd keep him in the squad for sentimental purposes, but unless it changes in 2 seasons, I'm not in a financial position to do that.

Sebastian Schneider (YP7) - Great season from Ruggell's Captain Fantastic, his goal against Basel pretty much saved us from relegation. I don't think we could have turned it around without him.

Florian Fehr (YP8) - Pretty good season, he's the team's Mr. Dependable.

Jochen Lang (YP9) - Some probable with him that I have with Keller, he simply isn't cut out for this level. Gave away a lot of possession.

Kai Arndt (YP10) - Lost favour during the season in favour of the young pairing of Bender and Hopp, but forced his way back into the first 11 after some pretty dodgy performances in March and April by the two.

Ernst Jung (YP11) - Besides the two red cards at the beginning of the season, had a good year.

Maximilian Reichel (YP12) - Again, I don't think this guy is quite cut out for the big league, but had a decent year despite that.

Stefan Ziereis (YP13) - Began the year on fire, but ultimately faded in the back end of the season.

Sebastian Zimmermann (YP14) - What else can I say? He is fantastic, and is currently wanted by Young Boys, St Gallen and RB Salzburg from Austria. Going to be a long transfer window if interest doesn't die down. Finished the season with a perfect 10 rating against Thun.

Karl-Heinz Heinrichs (YP15) - Had a pretty good year, and has the ability to fill multiple roles in the squad.

Dennis Hofmann (YP16) - Didn't really impress me this season, but I feel he has the ability to turn that around.

Phillipp Bender (YP17) - Matured into a really solid defender this season, but played pretty poorly during our winless run.

Oliver Hopp (YP18) - Improved beyond sight this season, and forced Arndt out of the centre back role as well.

Alfons Wolff (YP19) - Started a few game, and made a bit of a contribution.

Wolfgang Herzog (YP20) - Only started 3 cup games, but is young enough to improve over the coming seasons to stake his claim for a squad spot.

Bernd Bender (YP21) - Played a few games and chipped in a few goals, still young and learning though.

[center][color="#008000"]FC Ruggell Season by Season[/color]

|Season    | Tier | Position |  Swiss Cup  | What Happened?     |
|---------------------------------------------------------------|
|2011/12   |  6th |   1st    |  1st Round  |  Promotion!        |
|2012/13   |  5th |   1st    |  4th Round  |  Promotion!!       |
|2013/14   |  4th |   5th    |  4th Round  |  Nothing           |
|2014/15   |  4th |   7th    |  1st Round  |  Nothing           |
|2015/16   |  4th |   3rd    |  1st Round  |  Nothing           |
|2016/17   |  4th |   2nd    |  5th Round  |  Nothing           |
|2017/18   |  4th |   2nd    |  6th Round  |  Nothing           |
|2018/19   |  4th |   1st    |  1st Round  |  Promotion!!!      |
|2019/20   |  3rd |   5th    |  5th Round  |  IAC Semis         |
|2020/21   |  3rd |   5th    |  4th Round  |  Consolidation     |
|2021/22   |  3rd |   2nd    |  5th Round  |  IAC Semis         |
|2022/23   |  3rd |   2nd    |  Runners Up |  Swiss Cup Finalist|
|2023/24   |  3rd |   3rd    |  5th Round  |  Nothing but draws |
|2024/25   |  3rd |   1st    |  5th Round  |  Promotion!!!!     |
|2025/26   |  2nd |   1st    |  3rd Round  |  Promotion!!!!!    |
|2026/27   |  1st |  10th    |  Last 8     |  Relegation      |
|2027/28   |  2nd |   1st    |  3rd Round  |  Promotion!!!!!    |
|2028/29   |  1st |   7th    |  Last 8     |  Survival!!        |
-----------------------------------------------------------------[/center]

[center][color="#008000"]FC Ruggell's European Adventures[/color]

| Season |  Europa League  | Club Co-Efficent | Club Ranking | Nation Co-fficent |
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| 2026/27| 3rd Qual. Round |    8.259         |    214th     |      11.000       |
| 2027/28| 4th in Group G  |   14.699         |    146th     |      19.500       |
| 2028/29| 4th Qual. Round |   15.499         |    135th     |      21.000       |
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/center]

[center][size=4][color="#FF0000"]European Travelling Book[/color][/size]

2026/27

FBK Kaunas; Kaunas - Lithuania (Won 1-0; Won 2-0 on agg)
C.S. Maritimo; Funchal - Portugal (Drew 0-0; Lost 0-1 on agg)

2027/28

Drogheda Utd; Drogehda - Ireland (Won 5-2; Won 6-2 on agg)
Olympiakos; Piraeus - Greece (Won 2-1; Won 8-5 on agg)
FC Twente; Enschede - Netherlands (Won 4-1; Won 6-2 on agg)
Standard Liege; Liege - Belgium (Won 1-0; Lost 2-0 at home)
FC Zurich; Zurich - Switzerland (Lost 2-0; Won 1-0 at home)
Trabzonspor; Trabzon - Turkey (Lost 1-0; Lost 3-1 at home)

2028/29

Beroe; Stara Zagora - Bulgaria (Won 3-0; Won 6-1 on agg)
Koper; Koper - Slovenia (Won 3-2; Won 4-3 on agg)
Metalist; Kharkiv - Ukraine (Won 1-0; Lost 2-1 on agg)[/center]

Finally, I've resigned a vast majority of this team until 2034, including Schneider, Jung, Bender, Hopp, Arndt, Ziereis and my goalkeeper Breu. Zimmermann is on a contract until 2033, so I didn't see the point of increasing his contract by a season, although I might consider it at the end of this coming season. If not then, I'll extend it at the end of next season. Heinrichs' agent continues to be an idiot, and doesn't find my offer of $4300 a week good enough to even start off negotiations, even though that would make him the second highest paid n the squad, behind Schneider.

nice work mate, is Liechenstein clubs are involved in Switzerland ?

I've always a target in my mind to take Liechtenstein or San Marino ( National teams ) for big tournaments, and to do that, i need their leagues, is that 6th tier for Switzerland would be helpful ?

and can you give me a picture for your best players in National team ?

Congrats on Surviving,hope you can build on the experience and get better.

Cheers! I'm hoping for a top 6 finish so I can take advantage of Switzerland new European qualificaiton spot :p

Great stuff surviving this time.

Cheers mate!

It's a good season. Hope you can build on it and see if you can finish midtable.

Cheers rancer! That's what I'm aiming for this season, good thing that mid table is Europe in Switzerland :p

Great job on survival Your 1st time up here hopefully had prepared you

Thanks cerud! Definitely did help me, the players gained a lot from the experience, and going pro was an added bonus last time. I think Zimmermann is one of the examples from that!

nice work mate, is Liechenstein clubs are involved in Switzerland ?

I've always a target in my mind to take Liechtenstein or San Marino ( National teams ) for big tournaments, and to do that, i need their leagues, is that 6th tier for Switzerland would be helpful ?

and can you give me a picture for your best players in National team ?

Thanks! The Liechtenstein teams are in the Switzerland league structure, because they don't have their own national league. Here is the link for the 6th tier, but you can take over Vaduz with he default Switzerland league. Vaduz are the biggest club in Switzerland so it woulld be easier trying to improve the national team with them.

My best players are Sebastian Zimmermann, Sebastian Schneider, Karl-Heinz Heinrichs, Ernst Jung and Phillipp Bender. Their pictures are in the previous update :)

Survival. Well done.
Congrats on survival!!

Cheers fellas :D

Haven't really done much of the new season, have only player 3 games into the league campaign. Defeated Grasshoppers and Vaduz, but also managed to beat Young Boys 1-0 as well! So it's been a surprisingly good start. In Europe, I defeated a team from Bosnia & Herzegovina and Latvia before being drawn with Dnipro fro Ukraine, so I don't think I'll reach the groups this season either (unless if I grab a nice upset win). Anyway, I am thinking of having a break from this save after the end of this season (at the end of this season because there's still a chance of Liechtenstein being in the 2030 World Cup). The save's just becoming a bit stale and I need a change of scenery. But that won't be until the end of this season so don't worry for the moment haha

Also currently in the process of a board takeover. Nothing special, just rumoured to be a promotion from within, but hopefully new owners will come in and upgrade facilities and such.

FC Ruggell's Europa League Qualification Campaign

2nd Qualifying Round

Travnik 1- 6 Ruggell

Our first game in this season's campaign was in Bosnia, and we didn't disappoint the travelling fans with a 6-1 thrashing to set us up nicely for the home tie.

Ruggell 0 - 0 Travnik

For some reason, we couldn't score in the return leg, and were held to a scoreless draw. Still, we progressed rather easily.

Ruggell progress 6-1 on aggregate.

3rd Qualifying Round

Ruggell 2 - 0 Ventspils

Our next game was against Latvian side Ventspils, where we defeated them 2-0 at home thanks to contributions from Schneider and Zimmermann.

Ventspils 1 - 2 Ruggell

We won the leg in Latvia as well thanks to goals from Wolff and Bernd Bender, as we fielded a slightly weaker team to give some experience to players.

Ruggell progress 4-1 on aggregate.

4th Qualifying Round

Ruggell 4 - 1 Dnipro

I wasn't confident coming into this game, as Zimmermann had been out for a couple of weeks due to injury and as such didn't have as much match practice as I would have liked him to have, but the brilliant young striker managed to score another hat trick and put us in a great position for the group stages.

Dnipro 0 - 1 Ruggell

We wrapped things up with a great 1-0 win in the Ukraine thanks to Zimmermann's class again, and progressed through to the groups for the 2nd time in the clubs history.

Ruggell progress 5-1 on aggregate.

Group B

europaleaguegroup.png

I'm pretty confident about my group this time, I feel I can beat Steaua, and grab a result from AZ Alkmaar. Spartak will probably beat us, but I feel that on our day we could grab a point or even a win at home. Still, we avoided some really strong teams like Man City, Leverkusen, Sevilla and Tottenham.

Archived