Ri916's FM 12 Youth Academy Challenge!

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I'll need it. I haven't got the squad depth in order to arrange money spinning friendlies. So this pre-season will be about improving morale and getting the players used to my tactics. I've already got the board to improve junior coaching but it's still at minimal. I've also found a great assistant manager in Ian Breckin who is miles better than what I have and what any other clubs 2/3 divisions above us should have. If I can get him to join, I'll post a screenshot of him. I've also found a few good coaches as well and a decent scout.

Unlucky braumiller, that last season must have been very fustrating with Holland injured and having to sell him for a deflated price of 8m is a bit of a kick in the teeth. I would imagine you will keep getting stadium delays in your inbox untill the date on the boardroom screen.

I presumed the same as well ri916 in regards to the stadium, but November 22nd just rolled around and......

Ta Daaa!!!

Then less than a week later our first home game rolls around in our new stadium. Unbelievably we were heading for our first 0-0 in well over a season, when in the 92nd min we nick a winner.

That felt good, but not as good as a couple of news items afterwards

Record Attendance, but massively Record Receipts!!!. Oh that is a hell of a bump. I now, finally am in a position where I could possibly start operating on a profit again.

In which case hoping to ramp up the facility upgrades.

19 games into the season and I have yet to draw a game. There is my teaser for the season update which might be tomorrow night if I get some playtime tonight.

I really want to play, but I seem so busy at the moment.

I'm going to spend 40mins on some research for my geography controlled assessment (coursework in a classroom) and then play fm for 2hrs + :D

I'm so glad I'm not at school and college anymore. I work full-time and I'm on nights this week. It means I get my days off to myself and actually have days off. I don't play FM as much as I did when I was at college, but I can still play for a few hours a day when I've been at work.

2035-36 Carshalton Atheltic : Champions League Calling The Robins

League Table

Yesss Finally manager to get into the champions league and break into the top four

Squad

Transfers

Finances

Key Players

Malama - my best player he is awesome plenty of teams sniffing around him

League - Semi Final Southampton (Penalty's)

FA Cup - Man City 4th Round

Europa League - Benfica 2nd Round

Youth Intake

YP01

YP02

YP08

YP11

YP13

YP14

YP15

YP16

YP17

YP18

U18s - Walked it again

Player Stats

Next years objective : Get into the knockout stages of the Champions league and Qualify for it again

Toon- Brilliant mate! I think you might actually complete this! Spectacular to reach the final of the europa league and only 1 point off champions league football!

Excellnt work Toon and best of luck in the new attemt Notts - I think its worth sticking with it even if you do down at some point, its part of what makes it reward to recover!

Time for me to tempt fate........my YP2 just broke my club goalscoring record for a season, on the 20th October.....so that wuold be in somewhat less than a full season........now watch him break both legs in a freak hovercraft accident......

Yes fantastic work Toon, well done

I have gone from 4th in BSN after 11 games to 19th after 28 games. Lost the last 7 games in a row

As always can't win a game over December and January.

well yes its party time over those two months or nursing a hangover :lol:

Ive managed to just about escape the dreaded dec/jan season in season 3 without too much damage, still in contention for a playoff place............usually those 2 months kill me as well, fixture pile ups meaning have to constantly rotate and start weaker players.

Long way still to go.......

Youth Intakes are always interesting and this one just potentially got VERY interesting.

I have never had a 'son' in the game, but I have heard of it happening.

This youth intake there is a 15 yr old MC who shares my surname and also has me (and one of my other coaches) listed in his favored personnel. Player Info - Player Report

Is there anything definitive I should check to see if he is a son, or a naming coincidence?

Worth noting, there are only 2 Talbott's in the game. Me and him.

When he signed his youth deal this was the news. Mentions me as his idol, nothing regarding father.

If he is my son, I suck at being an FM Dad! His personality is Low Self Belief........

Omg omg omg!!! all the signs to say he's your son are there! Your so lucky, I would go into GD and create a thread there just to check with the 'experts'. Dont let him miss another game! I dont care how S**t he is! There was a guy who got a son with terrible potential, but he gave him so many games that he became a world beater.

edit: scrap making a thead, I got over excited and did it for you- link :D

Youth Intakes are always interesting and this one just potentially got VERY interesting.

I have never had a 'son' in the game, but I have heard of it happening.

This youth intake there is a 15 yr old MC who shares my surname and also has me (and one of my other coaches) listed in his favored personnel. Player Info - Player Report

Is there anything definitive I should check to see if he is a son, or a naming coincidence?

Worth noting, there are only 2 Talbott's in the game. Me and him.

When he signed his youth deal this was the news. Mentions me as his idol, nothing regarding father.

If he is my son, I suck at being an FM Dad! His personality is Low Self Belief........

Congratulations! It's a central midfielder!

interestingly i just got a player through in my youth intake who listes me as favoured and when he signed the youth contract said he was looking forward to working with his Idol. Since i am about 33 in the game and only in season 3, and he has a different name, id say not my son!

Impressed that a young player has his idol as the manager of a club who have finished mid table in the BSN twice in a row...........

Weymouth_Badge_2011-2012.jpg

Weymouth FC Summary - Season 11 (2022-23)

Well, file this season under "I should be happy, but....."!

League Table says it all.

3rd, behind a rampant Leeds and Wolves (who both let their feet of the gas after securing promotion with 4 or 5 games to go), and then a play-off final loss at Wembley 3-2 to a Fulham side who had won 6 straight going into the game and were rampant. Truth be told 3-2 flattered us a little, but over the course of the season I really felt we had done enough to deserve promotion.

Very telling that we were predicted 23rd place by the media at the start of the season, but as we gear up for 2023-24 they predict us 9th (the highest prediction of any year, in any division!).

So I have very high hopes for promotion next season!

But this years recap first and there was a lot happening.

Close season we sold club legend Ray Holland for a club record 8m.

The board agreed to and completed training and youth facility upgrades.

We also got the news that our 15,965 capacity stadium had been delayed 6 months.

Being relatively short on strikers we change formation for the first time since the BSN, going from a flat 442 to a 451 (AML, MC, MC, MC, AMR).

I also purposefully got more assertive with my players and team talks.

Now add all these changes up and I don't know which contributed how much to our good performances!

We start the league year out with 6 straight wins (with a League Cup 1st round loss thrown into the mix). And quickly settled in to 2nd or 3rd place, until Wolves got on a roll and separated themselves.

November 22nd 2022 saw the brand new Weymouth Stadium open and suddenly our game day income went up 3-fold. (Those are the old and new records, usually it was 70k a game and now it is 200-250k).

Each of the last 5 months of the season saw us make a profit (unheard of for 10 years) and I finally feel like we belong in the division and we are not just punching above our weight.

Youth Intake rolled around and a fantastic FC prospect came along and instantly found himself on my bench.

We also saw the introduction of my son, Chris!

Bless him, he is a little low on self belief (and ability, but sssshhhh) but no way I am letting him go.

Transfers!!!

After the initial heartbreak of a play-off final loss and being so close to the jackpot, I am very proud of this year.

We are now a force in the league, we no longer have kids with potential, we have young men with ability.

Season 12 Goals.

* Promotion

* Facility upgrades

* A proper cup run would be nice, but not if it interferes with the league

unlucky braumiller :( sounds like quite a season though!

I also have a full update to write but to late tonight. Season 3 is over and :D I also got a bit more agressive with team talks this season. Also have a stadium under construction, a training upgrade under construction and a squad of 60 players (!) some trimming needed i think!

braumiller- Unlucky on just missing out on promotion. Are you gonna give your son loads of matches? You could probably make him really good if he plays every game.

ri916 - not loads of matches, but he will always have a contract and get more games than someone else of his standard

Proto Tarkula - Absolutely. When I get on my PC in a little bit I'll grab one. He is labelled by the media as the next Darren Bent. With all the hoopla over my son appearing I neglected a few other pics

La Furia Roja - welcome and good luck!

John Bridge (YP 11a)

Information

Coach Report

Note, these screenshots are taken two weeks before the start of the next season, so John has been with me for 4 months. He ended up starting my last 5 or 6 games due to a spate of injuries and did fantastic (6 goals in 6 starts and 1 sub appearance, including both goals in our 3-2 loss in the play off final).

When he came through the coaches had him down as Good Premier League player potential, but they have already upgraded that to Leading, which is awesome.

What I really love about him though is his personality, Model Professional. If I can get in the Premier League and hold onto him long term, that is going to be invaluable for tutoring.

He will be my starting FC this upcoming season, with my main guy last year going out wide into the AML slot of my 451 / 433.

Quick update on my son. He is being tutored currently and his determination has gone up from 8 to 12 and his personality has changed form Low Self Belief to Balanced. What a great FM father I am! ;)

ermm ok...........so although i still havent typed up the full update, its easy to guess i got my promotion.......

So, first game in the BSP, home to York, who have a media prediction of 1st against our media prediction of last...........so we only go and win......8 nil!!! Top of the league! Something tells me the only way is down..............

ermm ok...........so although i still havent typed up the full update, its easy to guess i got my promotion.......

So, first game in the BSP, home to York, who have a media prediction of 1st against our media prediction of last...........so we only go and win......8 nil!!! Top of the league! Something tells me the only way is down..............

8-0! Welcome to the BSP :D

Congrats on promotion and I hope the BSP form continues!

Braumiller- You'll probably only get a son once! Make the most of him :D

He just played his first full senior 90 minutes in the 1st Rnd League Cup game ;)

Non cup appearances will be sporadic though, going to be aiming for promotion in each game.

well my dream starts over! I was played 7 won 5 drawn 2. Now played 11 Won 5, Drawn 2 Lost 4. My players are just exhausted, I have a game every 3 days and they just can't keep up. Looks like a break in the fixtures is coming so hopefully that will help. Doesn't help that I don't have a reserve or youth side, they are all greyed out and none look good enough to make the first side.

2012-2013 – Lewes FC

Season Aim: Consolidation and survival – Achieved

An up and down season, unfortunately mostly down. After 9 games we were unbeaten and top by 4, but things went down quite quickly. My best keeper, who was rated as a decent BSP player would only take a non-contract role and got snapped up early on. I really did not have any back up keepers so had to make do, this was pretty much the turning point.

We played some good footy though, if I can hold some of the key players and use some of my intake to strengthen a bit I should be in good stead to start building. I was praying for a keeper in the intake and the football gods must have smiled!

YP01

Final Table

Transfers

Aim For Next Season: Pretty much the same as this one, not aiming too high but a little bit up the table would be nice.

I have really, REALLY neglected updating my progress in here! I must apologise, but I did get rather engrossed in my game.

3 years in the BSN, 2 in the BSP and 2 in L2 have me starting my 8th season expected to finish bottom of L1.

Could you do a few mini bare-bones updates? ;)

St_albans.png

Aims- Survive Relegation- Completed

League Table

A brilliant first half of the season actually had us in the playoffs! But we had an awful second half going 13 games without a win at one point. This resulted in a comfortable position 10 points above the relegation zone.

Squad

I adopted Paul Heaton as my first youth project as I saw he had pace and an ideal tutor. Got his determination up to 17 and he scored 11 goals despite a few injuries.

Ollie Clunan YP01- GK

A disappointing intake but we only had one goalkeeper so he will go into the first team and has decent potential. Not a very exciting prospect though.

Transfers

I'm clean!

Career Overview

Season       League           Position            Achievements                 Top Goalscorer (Goals)    Player of the Season  
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                                        
 2012/13       BSS               16th               Staying up                    Sakho Bakare (12)           Paul Heaton    

I'm going to Sheffield Wednesday's playoff party today, but hoping to get at least league tables, best elevens and screenshots of my best youth players up over the weekend. :)

Just thought I would edit your post so it's truthful ;)

Archived