Ri916's FM 12 Youth Academy Challenge!

Don't go for the promotion straight away you mean? As in just try and build a squad and consolidate first?[/quote

Yeah basically because if you go up straight away with hardly any players you will find it hard but its your game so do what you want :D and Good Luck:thup:

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't go for the promotion straight away you mean? As in just try and build a squad and consolidate first?

Yeah basically because if you go up straight away with hardly any players you will find it hard but its your game so do what you want :D and Good Luck:thup:

Thanks ;) I guess ill just see how it goes. Any tips you wish you knew when starting your save you care to pass on?

Thanks ;) I guess ill just see how it goes. Any tips you wish you knew when starting your save you care to pass on?

Ermmm cant think of anything really. just get your youth recruitment up quickly. Because my Chairman is being a twot about it

Toon- Wahooooooooooooooooo!!! yes mate! Part one of the challenge complete, now you just need to win the champions league.

Braumiller- Could you link a screenshot of your son, want to get it onto the HoF :)

Braumiller- Could you link a screenshot of your son, want to get it onto the HoF :)

Sure, here you go!

If there are other shots of him you want, just let me know.

Also, items for other records can be found in this post

Although toon's 30m sale has blitzed Ray Holland's 8m sale, Ray still has his 6 goals in a game claim to fame standing I think ;)

Just played the Christmas period and this is going to be interesting!

The bottom is very close and the last day of fixtures has me away at Man City and the current bottom two playing each other....

My penultimate game is Arsenal at my place, so I better not need points with 2 games to go.

The three games before those are all against bottom 8 teams though. HUGE games I imagine......

Toon, congrats on a fantastic accomplishment! That is unbelievable, superb fella :thup:

Almost 3 seasons into this my only tip is do not rush! I am planning on being in a spot to push for promotion to the BSP in the next 6-8 seasons. Having done a similar challenge before all trying to rush up the leagues did was end up in you coming down quite quickly. I think Chester have one of the strongest squads at the start of the challenge which should help.

Good luck champ!

He's grown up quick :D. Must have been paying him decent wages if he could afford to buy a level 7 club ;)

They must have been cheap. Sam has not lived up to his hype since leaving Weymouth :( His is on 19k a week at Leeds (Premier League) and while the 25 yr old is having his best season avg rating wise since leaving (6.96) he has only featured in 6 league games and we are in February.

Ray Holland on the other hand is still playing nicely. He just scored 2 against me on live TV to make it 4 goals in 2 games against us in the league this year. 11 goals in 20 games so far this year, He made his England debut in the summer (2 caps now) and is rated at 9m. The 21 year old has a bright future ahead of him and if his goals keep Huddersfield safe then it might only be a matter of time until the big boys come knocking.

Just had a round of internationals and Weymouth had their best ever selection.

6 * ENG u21s

1 * SCO u21s

1 * ENG u19s

1 * Zimbabwe full international (reserve player who has never played for me)

Hoping to see my first ENG international for Weymouth within the next 2 years.

Havent started the match well either, already a goal down after 4 mins :(

edit: 18 mins gone, score is 4-0 :(

edit 2: At least we kept it respectable, finished notts 5 St Albans 1

Hope I'm not jinxing things but I have had a great start at Bradford Park Avenue as we currently sit top of the BSN with 3 wins from 3!

Edit: Am I the first to attempt this with Bradford PA?

Hope I'm not jinxing things but I have had a great start at Bradford Park Avenue as we currently sit top of the BSN with 3 wins from 3!

Edit: Am I the first to attempt this with Bradford PA?

I think you are which is quite surprising as they arent that rare when reloading.

Can I join this if I have a NextGen series and a custom Lithuanian league in watch-only on top of default 12.2 database?

sorry mate, no database edits allowed :(. Might affect the game.

Still ploughing along in second season in BSP, on the park turned things round and from a shocking start, now mid table approaching xmas. Off the park 2 things happening.

3 of my players now demand new contracts, but when i go into offer they are not interested in discussing terms :mad:

I have just had the board agree to increase junior coaching yet again, meaning i now have "exceptional" junior coaching! seems a bit over the top for the BSP! Sadly still no option to ask for more youth recruitment.

Can someone remind what these impact? Im sure i saw it either in this thread or another, explaining that Juniour coaching gives you players with better starting level of ability, but youth recruitment gives you players with better potential?

think of it like this:

junior coaching- ability

Youth recruitment- potential

youth facilities- Progression

but the quality of youths is also affected by your clubs reputation.

ah ok thanks, well hopefully that means more of my youths are first team ready in the next intake, i could do with it.........just had a 4 game winning streak snapped by 2 straight heavy losses :( mid table BSP is best we are gonna get this season

Nothing really changed this season. We showed moments of brilliance, scoring goals that would not look out of place in League football but then also showed moments that looked out of place in the Blue Square South. Unfortunately more of the latter. We compete a lot, we never really get played off the park apart from when we play the big boys, but seem to lose the really tight games.

I really wanted to install a Defensive Mid that could break up a lot of the attacking moves and act as a 5th defender when needed but just did not have the player for it. Luckily in my intake I got a player that looks like he can fit the bill

YP01

YP02

YP03

Final Table

Proof I am Clean

Aim For Next Season: Really want to start climbing the league now, I don’t like being fodder!

I've started this rather monstrous challenge as Carshalton over the last few days, and even though I accidentally created a manager with an already decent reputation in the game I'm hoping I can still update my progress. I didn't even expect to complete a season so I didn't bother taking a manager screenshot until the end of the first season. :lol: Anyhow, here I am: Francis York Morgan

League Table: As you can see our first season in the BSS was very much a successful one. We spent most of the season at the top of the table (helped by a 9-2 victory in our very first game) and despite a wobble in the middle when my players were all burned out from our various cup excursions we finished strongly and were crowned Champions with two games to spare!

Star man: Paul Vines was runaway player of the season in the BSS, with 50 goals in the league. Without him we'd probably have just been another mid table team, I fear if he doesn't score goals next season we'll go straight back down.

Cup Run: We somehow made it all the way to the FA Cup 3rd round after wins at home to Morcambe and Stockport in the 1st and 2nd rounds. A glamour tie against Blackburn was our eventual end, but hopefully we gained some extra finances and extra fans along the way. Halifax ended our interest in the FA Trophy, but not before we'd played a total of 4 replays in our glorious run to the 4th round.

Final Squad: A few of the youths from the first intake were immediately promoted to the first team to make up some numbers, with Richard Broomfield being the stand out candidate of the lot. Despite having high recommendations I'd be surprised if any of the rest have a long term future at the club.

And at least I can follow this rule in the thread, no transfers.

its ri916's challenge so it is his call, but really you should only be posting the updates if you are following all the rules in my book. If you have only done one season and want to do the challenge I would start again with the right rep.

I figured as much to be honest. I'll have to give it another go later on today.

I figured as much to be honest. I'll have to give it another go later on today.

That sucks, but an enhanced manager reputation is one of the bigger boosts you can give yourself at the start of the game :(

Good luck on the restart :thup:

Ah damn it I hadn't seen that and then when I checked my manager I discovered I was an ex pro! A shame considering the start we had, but I guess it must have helped me a lot. I was wondering Ri916, as I only came across this by the above conversation if you could make this rule a bit clearer in the OP. I know it is my fault for not reading it properly but it would help others to not make the same mistake. Cheers.

Ah damn it I hadn't seen that and then when I checked my manager I discovered I was an ex pro! A shame considering the start we had, but I guess it must have helped me a lot. I was wondering Ri916, as I only came across this by the above conversation if you could make this rule a bit clearer in the OP. I know it is my fault for not reading it properly but it would help others to not make the same mistake. Cheers.

sorry if it wasnt clear enough, I will check the OP out now :)

edit: I changed it to bold :)

Today in a shocking piece of news newly promoted Hednesford Town have decided to hire unknown sunday footballer George Elokobi as their new manager! Several of the club's faithful have spoken out about this on social media!

@HT_4_life "This is disgusting, after all the hard work the squad put in to get to the BSN/S they hire this fool as a manager!"

@Hednesford_Unofficial "Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo."

Club: Hednesford Town

Nickname: The Pitmen

Icons: None

Fierce Rivals: Stafford

Other Rivals: None

Estimated Value: £350k

Season Ticket Holders: 96

Bank Balance: £30k

Stadium: Keys Park

Stadium Capacity: 6500 (1025 seated)

Corporate Facilities: Fairly basic corporate facilities

Training Facilities: Fairly basic Training facilities

Youth Facilities: Minimal youth facilities (Rented)

Junior Coaching: Minimal junior coaching

Youth Recruitment: Limited youth recruitment

Kingstonian unveil Martyn James as new manager

Kingstonian chairman Robert Doherty held a press conference this morning to officially announce Martyn James as the new manager of Kingstonian FC. This is James' first venture into management and supporters are eagerly anticipating the new approach he claims the club is taking.

James said "In the future it will be club policy to look in-house for new talent for the first team. I see no reason why, with the right appproach, our youth system can not drive this club to the football league in the coming years." These are bold claims made by James with Kingstonian two divisions from league football and favorites for relegation.

When questioned about relegation though, James seemed confident of his sides chances, saying "The current set of players gained promotion to this league and, with the right application, can progress the club further. There is no money for new players but the squad is good enough to hold its own and intends to prove that once the season begins."

When asked again if the clubs new youth policy was really the way forward or just a way to appease fans dissapointed at the lack of signings, James remained calm and responded enthusiastically "Over the next few years the money we save on player transfers is going to be spent on improving the infrastructure at the club. If we can build an academy and a reputation for bringing youngsters through this in turn will attract better youngsters to the club. The vision is clear and I am really looking forward to the future."

After looking through this thread and seeing how well you guys have done I have decided to start my own save. Will have lots of spare time over the next few months and want a long save until FM13. This is my first challenge save and I look forward to it. Here is a squad overview and that is every player at the club. No youth players at all yet. Here are my facilities. My highest rated player is Bobby Traynor.

Media prediction of 22nd. I also have only one natural striker at the club so goals may be hard to come by. Going to go for a 4-4-1-1 to start off.

Season objective = survival

Yikes.

I submitted the tactic I have used for the past 3-5 seasons in my Weymouth games (I forget when I started using it) to this great challenge thread and it did horrendously :confused: (post #77)

Makes me wonder if it (well, if I) am holding back our progress at all with using it......

You've been in the championship/ league 1 in the last 5 seasons have you not? Just saying, the NI second division is probably slightly shorter on quality than the championship so I wouldnt read to much into it :D. Plus anyone who gets to the EPL youth only is pretty decent at FM imo.

starting to get quite annoyed with contracts now :( about 4 or my players are out of contract at the end of the season (more than 4 are, but 4 i defo want to keep). From the start of the season if i try to offer a contract they wont discuss. Yet every few weeks same players are either saying they are unhappy as they want an improved contract, or coming to me for a private chat for a new contract! So i tell tehm one will be offered, and yet still no interst

Gonna lose 4 of my decent players to this :( However on the plus side had my best youth come through ever...........

starting to get quite annoyed with contracts now :( about 4 or my players are out of contract at the end of the season (more than 4 are, but 4 i defo want to keep). From the start of the season if i try to offer a contract they wont discuss. Yet every few weeks same players are either saying they are unhappy as they want an improved contract, or coming to me for a private chat for a new contract! So i tell tehm one will be offered, and yet still no interst

Gonna lose 4 of my decent players to this :( However on the plus side had my best youth come through ever...........

Also have assistant renew contracts on, they seem to be able to talk to anyone!

March Update:

Its amazing how long your season can feel when you constantly don't have enough players to make a decent XI.

Finally some much needed depth is going to be added to the squad with my first youth intake

I have been doing ok ish in the league started off really well and was in the top 3 for a while, the squad soon became fatigued and morale has dropped with results going the same way of late. Currently 12th i'm hoping the new youth intake will revitalise the squad and we can get back into the top 6.

I'v been lucky enough to get a youngster with 5 stars CA, here he is..

Stelios Giannitopoulos YP1

Let me know what you think of him, and how you think i should develop him.

Can you tell whos the force behind england :lol:

Nice :D

Just got my first full England international cap, very proud ;)

How many caps have some of your guys amassed now?

I would imagine that when some of your guys who hit their stride early on are in their late 20s / early 30s they are going to be knocking on the door of some England international records.

You've been in the championship/ league 1 in the last 5 seasons have you not? Just saying, the NI second division is probably slightly shorter on quality than the championship so I wouldnt read to much into it :D. Plus anyone who gets to the EPL youth only is pretty decent at FM imo.

wonder how mine will do :lol:

Archived