Ri916's FM 12 Youth Academy Challenge!

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok I'll definitely try that now as we are officialy in the relegation battle after letting a 2-0 lead slip to lose 3-2 at home to 21st Droylsden!!!!

Happens to me EVERY December and January,lost 7 in a row in that period last season

Happens to me EVERY December and January,lost 7 in a row in that period last season

Haha ok, so at least I'm not alone! I'm hoping 45 points will be enough to keep us up as I can't see us getting any more than that.

Mack- You've done brilliantly there and just given me deja vu! This is exactly what happened to me in my fourth season at FC. We got promoted through the playoffs after just scraping into them but then got relegated from the BSP and I was sacked :(. So dont panic to get promoted this season.

KINGSTONIAN SEASON TWO UPDATE - (2013/14)

Manager - Martyn James

Season objective - Better 14th (equalled)

Achievements:

BSB South - 14th

FA Cup - 4th qualifying round

FA Trophy - 3rd qualifying round

We started season two fairly well and chalked up some early wins but the youngsters struggled to keep it up and we dropped back into mid-table. Despite only equalling last seasons 14th I am quite pleased and some youngsters will have benefited from the experience of first team football and will hopefully kick on. Bobby Traynor was again top scorer but young Kelvin Gough (YP1) was second and improving all the time.

The one disapointment was perhaps the decline of a few senior players and a couple are being released as they want contracts they are not worthy of. More youth players are going to have to be promoted to fill out the squad.

No transfers but two new coaches have arrived. Finances are slowly declining and because of that there has been no further facility upgrades.

This years youth intake wasn't spectacular but two prospects are rated higher than the rest. They are Adrian Plummer (YP2a) and Oumar Traore (YP2b). Both have been promoted straight into the first team, again because of numbers. The lack of tutors in the squad is holding some back a little but that can't be helped.

EDIT: Following being tutored by Traynor I am adding Martin Thompson (YP2c) to my list.

SEASON 3 OBJECTIVES

My expectations - Better 14th

Board expectations - Avoid relegation

Media prediction - 19th

I have set myself the target of beating my 14th place finishes in seasons one and two so will need a slight improvement on last year. It may be difficult due to the lack of experience but the quality is slowly improving. Hopefully some friendlies can pay for a youth network upgrade. Here is this seasons squad.

Yet again needed a win on the final game of the season to gurantee saftey

Not sure how much longer I can keep this up

This guy is my best Youth player from this years intake

Fingers crossed for an easier season

Went 15 games without a win between November and January! LOVELY!!

North Ferriby Youth Academy

-----------------------------------------------------------
Season    League   POS   PTS    FA Cup   League Cup   Other
2012-13     BSN    18th   44     QUALS
2013-14     BSN    19th   42      2nd
2014-15     BSN    19th   37     QUALS

Started one with FC United. No decent attackers in the team, very tough challenge.

Finished 14th in first season

Useless squad

Promising young players but hottest prospect injured for 6 months just after he signed his contract.

No transfers

Second season even worse (7 goals scored in 9 games, just above relegation zone), however board agreed to improve training and youth facilities

Nice challenge even to reach Football League without any transfer.

3rd season and I'm struggling. The performances of my remaining senior players is very disappointing and they may cost me my job. I was hoping my youth players would imrove quicker than the seniors decline but it is not quite happening yet. Could be restarting soon at this rate.

Edit - Results have improved and will not be going down.:p

Hednesford.png

HEDNESFORD TOWN SEASON 1 - 12/13

League - 18th - 47 points

Cups- Eliminated at the first hurdle of the FA cup and trophy.

Key players - Jay Denny

Marvin Robinson

Lee Tunney

Fixtures

YP01a - Andy Thompson

Yp01b - Keith Husbands

YP01c - Leigh Bates

Thoughts:

Hmmm not a bad season but I would like to push onto the top 15 next season and hopefully imrpove youth recruitment or other facilities. I would also like to go on a bit of a cup run but most importantly continue to develop the youth. We were definitely saved by our ability to perform in big matches and attack the superb set piece deliveries of Jay Denny.

Transfers.

League

Predicted 21st Finished 18th

We had a decent start that fell apart after about 10 games. We failed to score for 9 matches in a row which was pretty worrying. Throughout the season our league position got lower and lower until out final position of 18th. We were able to win when it mattered and in the end we were safe with a few games to go, giving me the opportunity to try out some youngsters without risk.

Club Player of the season: Richard Jolly, 6 goals in 35 games.

Cups

Fa Cup 2nd Q round: 0-2 AFC Hayes

Fa Trophy 3rd Q round: Tooting and Mitcham: 1-2

Facilities

Managed to improve junior coaching once but we were losing money heavily on a month to month basis so i doubt ill be able to change much unless i get a decent cup run.

Youth (forgot to take an intake screenshot)

All players that came through had a least 3 star potential, so have all been kept on, for squad depth if nothing else.

Here's the best two players who have the potential to be good BSS players (they were not the only ones):

YP 1

YP 2

Transfers

At the end of the season board announced a new 2821 capacity stadium. Not really what i want, it puts me further into debt and it means that if i do get up the leagues, i wont be able to get a bigger stadium for 20 years.

Nice not needing a result on the final game of the season. Safe with quite a few games to go this time

Our highest ever finish

Hope I can push on next season

Nothing to write home about in the Youth Candidates

2015-16     BSN    15th   47     QUALS

KINGSTONIAN SEASON 3 UPDATE - 2014/15

Manager - Martyn James

Season objective - better 14th (failed)

Achievements:

BSB South - 16th

FA Cup - 3rd qualifying round

FA Trophy - 2nd round proper

The season started badly and poor form quickly had me worried about relegation. Eventually results picked up and we steered clear and were quite comfortable to be fair but still failed to meet my expectations. The one positive was probably an increase in junior coaching which now stands at average. Kelvin Gough (YP1) was top scorer mainly due to Traynor being injured for about four months and declining.

No transfers but a new assman arrived. Having to let more seniors leave because their contracts demands are laughable. On July 1st I will have just 5 of my starting squad left and two of them are steadily declining.

This years youth intake has two players of note. They are Leon Lewis (YP3a) and Antonio Bengo (YP3b).

SEASON 4 EXPECTATIONS

My expectations - mid-table

Board expectation - mid-table

Media prediction - 17th

I'm just looking for mid table consolidation this year. I was hoping the board would ask me to avoid relegation again to keep the pressure off but I'll do my best. The squad.

2015-2016 – Lewes FC

Season Aim: Not to be going into the last day of the season in the relegation zone again – failed.

This is not getting any easier. Once again I started strong, but it fell away really quickly as usual. We got some good results against some of the bigger teams, but with 5 to go, we were 6 points from safety. It was pretty much hopeless as I had a tough run in, but my word the boys did me proud

I still do not know where it came from but the first result raised the morale quite a bit and after the 2nd they were all pretty much on superb, We went into the final day 2 behind Farnborough and 3 behind Basingstoke, our opponent on the final day, we needed a 2-0 to overtake Basingstoke on the final day or for us to win and Farnborough to lose. We got a 4-0 and Farnborough won so Basingstoke went down.

Decent intake this year as well with Chris Glynn coming through as the pick of the bunch.

Developing youngsters

YP01

YP02

YP03

Final table

Proof I am clean

Aim for Next Season – Same again, try and improve. Going to move some older players on that are just not up to scratch anymore.

Padders- Keep going with Ferriby, it's starting to get easier now and you can push for midtable.

Marty- That was an unlucky season their mate. Hopefully your squad will perform for you and get you into the top half.

La Furia Roja- What a thrilling last few games! That winner takes all match against Basingstoke must have been scary!

I've just had to sell my training facilites because I was in so much debt (500k)

Always under my wage budget

Apparently very close to administration, just agreed a £500k bank loan to clear the debt and paying £3k a month back

I've just had to sell my training facilites because I was in so much debt (500k)

Always under my wage budget

Apparently very close to administration, just agreed a £500k bank loan to clear the debt and paying £3k a month back

what level is your junior coaching.

have a look at your finances to see where your money is going

I have had two increases, I'm pretty sure its basic. Will check when I go on my lunch

Yes I should look closer at my finances to be honset. Average attendance is only a couple of hundred fans

Wage budget is £1.6k and actual is £1.4k

I have had two increases, I'm pretty sure its basic. Will check when I go on my lunch

Yes I should look closer at my finances to be honset. Average attendance is only a couple of hundred fans

Wage budget is £1.6k and actual is £1.4k

Well have a look at your finances to see where you are bleeding money :) even if you have youth players that are not good enough just dump them and you save a few quid in wages

Yes will do, thanks mate, as i said it has never been a problem before as always had a board who pumped money in every so often

Yeah but the problem with that is that is still debt that will be chairman debt so you have probably amassed to much debt but i am sure you should be fine just need a good cup run and that will make you some money

Yeah but the problem with that is that is still debt that will be chairman debt so you have probably amassed to much debt but i am sure you should be fine just need a good cup run and that will make you some money

Yeah I do, never got into the 3rd round of the FA Cup while doing this challenge (Hitchin and this save with Ferriby), got to the 2nd round a couple of times. I played the first game of the new season last night so figures crossed I get drawn against a few non league teams

Lowestoft - 2012/13

I'm back and this time I'm doing it properly. Went for the BSN this time around and took over newly promoted Lowestoft who were predicted to finish 20th. The squad was actually fairly strong for this level so I hoped to make it into the play-offs, although mid table was a more likely goal. Turns out the squad were very consistent, spending most of the season in the play-offs, but too many draws meant we were never really able to get away from the pack. Thanks to early knock outs in all the cup competitions we were fresh for the league and went top with three games to go and 7 points from 9 meant we went up as Champions!

There wasn't much to right home about with the youth intake this season, a couple of players who might make decent BSN players in a few seasons but compared to the intake I got at Carshalton this was a bit of a disappointment. The squad will be kept together for next season where survival will be the only aim.

League Table

Squad

YP01

No transfers

Wealdstone 2013/2014

League

Code:

Wealdstone Youth 

Season    League   POS   PTS    FA Cup   League Cup   Fa Trophy
2012-13     BSS    18th   45     2ndQ                    2ndQ
2013-14     BSS    17th   45     3rdQ                     1st

We had a good start to the season once again but after about 10 games we fell into another collapse which took us down to just above the relegation zone. We managed to get a lot of draws which kept us out of the relegation zone and in the end we were 10 points clear. We had the same points tally as last year too.

Key Player: Richard Jolly

Cups

Fa Cup 3rd Q round: 1-4 Buxton

Fa Trophy 1st round: Tooting and Mitcham: 3-4

Finances are terrible and we are losing 10k per month thanks to the debt from the stadium, no youth improvements this year.

Youth

Only got one guy of any note through this year, they all have pretty good potential but as it stands they will never reach it, signed as backups nonetheless.

YP 3

Transfers

Jack- Another solid season there and that youngster looks decent!

mack- Fantastic mate. Getting in the playoffs in the second season with FC United is no mean feat! Be thankful you didnt go up as I doubt your squad was ready for BSP football

One step forward, two backwards for me last season

Youth intake really poor yet again

No money to improve facilities

2015-16     BSN    15th   47     QUALS
2016-17     BSN    17th   39      1st

2036-37 Carshalton Atheltic : Do the Double!!!

League Table

So i only Finished 4th but to be honest i noticed my squad was to small to compete in all competitions so i decided to go for the Champions League and obviously it turned out to be the right decision i am hoping i will win the league next season though

Player Stats

Squad

Transfers

Finances

Key Players

Nicholls

Thorn

League Cup - Winners

FA Cup - Leeds 4th Round

Champions League - Winners

Youth Intake

YP02

YP08

YP11

YP13

YP14

YP15

YP16

YP17

YP18

YP19

Youth Intake - only good player i got from the youth intake

YP20

YP20R

YP20R

U18s

Player Stats

Next years objective : Win League & Defend Champions League & Win World Club Championship :D

Trophy Cabinet

CH.png

I am really going to try and reduce my outgoings tonight. I did something I said I wouldn't do, signed a few key players on good money on long term contracts. One is on over 300 quid a week and in the reserves now, but noone will come in for him cause of his wage demands. Got a few high earners that, while they are performing, they are not performing enough. Kamara for example, misses a shed load of goals but does get a few assists, but is on 400 quid a week! MY next best AMR who has the potential to exeed his ability according to the backrrom, is on 7 quid a week. Might need to make some hard calls tonight.

Welcome on board to all the new comers, best of luck, you will all need it :p

I am really going to try and reduce my outgoings tonight. I did something I said I wouldn't do, signed a few key players on good money on long term contracts. One is on over 300 quid a week and in the reserves now, but noone will come in for him cause of his wage demands. Got a few high earners that, while they are performing, they are not performing enough. Kamara for example, misses a shed load of goals but does get a few assists, but is on 400 quid a week! MY next best AMR who has the potential to exeed his ability according to the backrrom, is on 7 quid a week. Might need to make some hard calls tonight.

Welcome on board to all the new comers, best of luck, you will all need it :p

Yep wages are a bitch down here. I am just starting season 5 and have just 2 players over 21 left. I also have most of my first team refusing to discuss new contracts despite being happy at the club and in some cases wanting a new contract (How can they want a new one but refuse to hear offers?). I made the decision to let the oldies leave and the youngsters have performed to a similar standard for a fraction of the wage. I would recommend just offering 1 year at a time to all but the best youngsters.

I will post season 4 updates in a bit.

TOON - Are you a club legend yet? I hope so

Lowestoft 2013/14 - BSP - Survival achieved

We did it! Scraping survival in our first season in the Conference felt sweeter than the promotion from the BSN. The entire season was spent in and around the drop zone with consistently long periods of winless results, but we kept plugging away and a 2-1 win away at Darlington on the penultimate day of the season was enough to keep us in the BSN for another year. No idea how we'll survive it mind, given some of the backup players refused to sign new contracts and aside from one or two, none of the youths are ready to be thrust into the first XI. Never mind, we're in this league for another season, survival next year will be harder than this one though.

Lowestoft progress

2012/13 - BSN - 1st
2013/14 - BSP - 20th

League Table

Squad

Youths

YP02 - He could make the step up to the first XI if we remain in the BSP for the foreseeable future.

No transfers

Second season with FC United

League table - Managed to escape relegation by a single point, struggling all season but won our most important fixture, a six-pointer against relegation rivals Guiseley.

Very promising youth intake, three new guys in first team squad already. Brightest talent is Shane Taylor, welsh U19 international immedietaly, coach says he could become a good Championship defender.

No transfers

I hope for a mid-table finish next season, got 1,5 million in bank (pre-season friendly tournaments) but the board says we cannot afford to turn FC United to professional.

KINGSTONIAN SEASON FOUR UPDATE - 2015/16

Season objectives - mid-table (achieved)

Achievements:

BSB South - 12th

FA Cup - 4th qualifying round

FA Trophy - 2nd round

Please with this season overall and the team is beginning to take shape. Could do with a few more goals in the team but improving the midfield and the chances they create rather than the strikers is the aim. I started really well and was top 8 most of the season but without really troubling the play-off spots. A poor run at the end saw us drop to 12th but as a whole a good season. Here is my overall best eleven over the four years so far.

No transfers of course.

This years youth intake didn't really bring the cb/rb's I was hoping for but Derek Ludlam (YP4) stands out this time.

Season 5 objectives:

My expectation - top 10

Board expectation - mid-table

Media prdiction - 15th

This seasons squad has a bit more depth but not yet enough for promotion so I would be happy with top 10.

I hope for a mid-table finish next season, got 1,5 million in bank (pre-season friendly tournaments) but the board says we cannot afford to turn FC United to professional.

How do you set them up? I could do with some money for facilities.

Set friendly type to Cup. Select a date and check Very Large Reputation teams. Decent Championship sides, top Scottish clubs or popular League 1 teams are all OK for a lucrative tournament. At least 3 of them needed to host a successful competition. For example, a Portsmouth-Sheffield United final is a sellout, gives you an attendance of 10k+ (depends on ground capacity), and a cup like this makes 300k income. If less than 3 good teams appearing, check next date, etc. Newcastle and Celtic were the biggest names to participate so far in my tournaments. Arrange these friendlies in early June when big teams have no scheduled fixtures yet, and try to find a parent club with big reputation, because they can't reject your friendly proposal (well, the first one per season). 5-6 friendly tournaments in July gives you about 1 million pounds what is just enough to improve basic facilities to fairly basic.

Set friendly type to Cup. Select a date and check Very Large Reputation teams. Decent Championship sides, top Scottish clubs or popular League 1 teams are all OK for a lucrative tournament. At least 3 of them needed to host a successful competition. For example, a Portsmouth-Sheffield United final is a sellout, gives you an attendance of 10k+ (depends on ground capacity), and a cup like this makes 300k income. If less than 3 good teams appearing, check next date, etc. Newcastle and Celtic were the biggest names to participate so far in my tournaments. Arrange these friendlies in early June when big teams have no scheduled fixtures yet, and try to find a parent club with big reputation, because they can't reject your friendly proposal (well, the first one per season). 5-6 friendly tournaments in July gives you about 1 million pounds what is just enough to improve basic facilities to fairly basic.

Thanks for that tip mate! I've just been organising normal friendlies to make money, but this sounds much more lucrative.

I don't know of any Pre Season mini tournaments like this that involve non league clubs.

I think this is cheating in a way, don't you agree?

Exactly what i did :D when i was in the championship i had man city and man utd coming to my friendly tournaments sell out all the time :D

I don't know of any Pre Season mini tournaments like this that involve non league clubs.

I think this is cheating in a way, don't you agree?

well normally you get about up to League one in non league i wouldn't say its cheating that's a bit harsh

Archived