B.W.G

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Liga BBVA - October 2025

Fixtures

Untitled-52.jpg

League Table

LigaBBVAOverview_Stages-83.png

Manager's Thoughts

The Champions League had the one game in which Sola showed the world why he is the best,that result left us with 3 out of 3 in the group stages so we probably need 3 points to make sure we qualify.The league games against Getafe and Sporting were walk in the parks and Getafe were very lucky not to concede more as we hit the woodwork three times.The game against Real Sociedad showed why they are the surprise package as they were the first team to make us fight to the end while we had 11 men.In the Copa del Rey I only had one regular first XI player in Santamaria so I gave a lot of youngsters and fringe players the chance to impress,Ander Diez hit a hat-trick as well as missing another penalty and I don't see Huesca overturning three goals.

Novemeber is a very tough month as we have a double header against At.Madrid and Barcelona in which will help determine where the title will end up.We also have the tougher of two games in the Champions League as we face Leverkusen and Lyon which one win should see us through.We are at home in the Copa del Rey against Huesca in which I will be going to finish the game off,I will probably play the youngsters to give them a bit more experience.Iker Sola continues to show off as he has scored 53 goals in 15 appearances.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I am helped by the majority of the opposition playing 4-2-3-1,my tactics tend to work against it.I was surprised Sociedad scored it considering I have faced Real and Malaga.

That's a great starting record in the league! Only 1 goal against.

Too bad Sola can't stop goals from conceding too, but with Sola around, who needs defense? :D

Brilliant start to the season once again, with a couple 9-0 victories to boot in October.

deltablue - That's right,he got 8 against Lyon :D

cswalk08 - Nobody's perfect ;)

rancer890 - Cheers fella :D With the way I play,the best defense is a good offense!

Scarman - He is at his peak years so I expect him to be at his best.They have figured him and us out,we drew 3-3 in the return game which is my 1st draw of the season!

Mikal - Cheers fella :D Fortunately for us,At.Madrid have slipped up badly in November which included us beating them 3-0 so I am kind of relieved as we also dropped our first points of the campaign!

AK22 - I think I'll let them off,they won't be as lucky won't Sola retires!

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Liga BBVA - November 2025

Fixtures

Untitled-53.jpg

League Table

LigaBBVAOverview_Stages-84.png

Manager's Thoughts

Well I got out of this tough month in one piece and in better shape then At.Madrid and Barcelona.The Champions League was quite bad by our standards,we drew with Lyon after being 3-1 up and against Lerverkusen,we were appalling from start to finish even if we did win 2-1.We finished off Huesca in the Cop del Rey and now go onto face Espanyol in the 5th round.In the league,we easily disposed of Almeria and Gimnastic.We dropped points against Barcelona in which they actually dominated us so was grateful to leave with a point.We finished the month off on a high as we disposed of nearest title rivals At.Madrid with a 3-0 victory with Sola being the key man and getting a brace.

December is here and the really difficult games are officially over!In the league we face Celta,Osasuna and Zaragoza,while in the Champions League we finish with a home time against CSKA Moscow which actually kicks off the month.We also have the small matter of the Club World Cup which shouldn't be too difficult,Pumas or Sao Paulo will probably be the more difficult of ties but even then I think we are too strong for them.Sola added another 17 to his tally which takes him to 70 goals for the season,hopefully he will be able to kick it up a notch in December now the harder games are out of the way.

deltablue - Looking at my games,there is only Valencia who should pose a threat and we face them in January.

cerud - It looks that way!After three games in December,Sola is already on 83 goals.He also equalled the record of 7 goals in a single match in La Liga which came against Celta!

Not had any bids for him since 2021 which was £22 million by Tottenham.Since he started scoring alot more frequently,there has been no bids but that could be because he is now worth £36.5 million.

xibanya_icon.jpg

Spain - The road to Mexico 2026

Fixtures

Untitled-54.jpg

World Cup Qualifying Group

Untitled-55.jpg

Manager's Thoughts

I really don't get my Spain side at times,in competitive matches we seem to be unstoppable as you can tell but as soon as we get to the friendlies,we play like absolute morons.We were disappointing against Peru and very poor against Croatia.As for the Mexico game,it was nothing short of embarrassing the players looked like they didn't want to play as Mexico inflicted Spain's third defeat under my management and the first defeat for 36 games.

The World Cup Draw has been fairly kind to us and should be pretty straight forward although we are with England who are one of three teams to beat us in the last five years.I would actually say ours is one of the hardest groups as most of the groups have two stand out teams.For ours there is us and England but I think Paraguay shouldn't be underestimated.

I think the biggest surprise will come from Group D which contains Brazil,Ukraine,China and Canada.Canada topped the North American qualifying and I reckon they could finish ahead of Ukraine who appear to be the 2nd strongest.

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Liga BBVA - December 2025

Fixtures

Untitled-56.jpg

League Table

LigaBBVAOverview_Stages-85.png

Manager's Thoughts

That was a bit too easy for my liking.We finished our CL Group Stage without getting out of 2nd gear as we brushed aside CSKA Moscow.In the knockout stage we will face Man Utd in which I am not bothered as it wasn't like they threatened last season and have been performing a lot worse this season.The Club World Cup showed why we should be the best in the world as we made it three in a row.As for the league,I think it showed that the hard teams are out of the way as Sola put 7 past Celta as well as having two disallowed and missing a penalty.We are sitting pretty comfortably at the moment and hopefully we don't mess it up.

The New Year is here and we kick it off with a double header against Espanyol in the Copa del Rey,I will give Sola a break and play Diez up front as Sola deserves a rest and Diez deserves a shot considering his performances in the AML position (7 games,7 goals!).The league gives us Valencia as the hardest team who seemed to have turned around last seasons misfortunes so we will need to be at our best.We also have Jaen,Las Palmas and At.Baleares so they shouldn't be too difficult and I expect maximum points from those games.As for Sola,he has played 28 and scored 96 times already!If this is his peak and he breaks last seasons scoring record then the next stadium should be named after him!

cerud - I am not surprised,I don't think there is any doubt that we had the weakest qualifying group in terms of opposition.The person who scored most of the goals....none other then Sola who hit 44 goals.Canada could do well unless they come across Spain.

deltablue - I use the same formation for Spain as I did with Vitoria.I think it actually works better with Spain than it does with the club.

Sorry B.W.G, not been around here for a while so not sure if you've answered this. I'm astounded by Sola, he's gotta be up there with the likes of Nep's Smylie. Did he come through your ranks or did you buy him? 96 goals in 28 games :eek:

cerud - If you can put six past Honduras in qualifiers who finished above the U.S.A then I'm quite sure you will score against China :D

Raware - Compared to Smylie is a great honour seeing as Smylie scored over 3000!He actually came through the ranks and is a local lad born in Vitoria.

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Liga BBVA - January 2026

Fixtures

Untitled-57.jpg

League Table

LigaBBVAOverview_Stages-86.png

Manager's Thoughts

The Copa del Rey showed our iffy side as we played poorly against Espanyol but got through.We were okay in the first leg against Real Madrid but in the 2nd leg we were terrible and I'm shocked that we won,we were that poor I would have been shocked to have drawn.Sola was suspended for the first leg againt Las Palmas but Diez filled the void brilliantly as he hit a hat-trick to give us a secure lead.

The league saw us drop points to Valencia but I'm not surprised by that as I did say they would be the toughest team of the month,other then that it was pretty straight forward and we continued to bang them in.I honestly think Las Palmas will be sick of us by the end of the season as we still have to face them twice more as well.Unless we mess up alot,I don't think At.Madrid can stop us as they have messed up too much now.Miguel Angel Rodriguez was ruled out for up to five weeks in the league game against At.Baleares which is a blow as I've have to draft Youth Prospect Jose Luis Bueno to the first team (He did provide 3 assists on his league debut against Alaves!).

February sees the return of the Champions League as we face Man Utd who just sold their best midfielder to At.Madrid for £25.5 million!We also have two tough league games to deal with as we face Malaga and Real Madrid on either side of the 1st leg of the Champions League Knockout.Other then that,the league games seem pretty straight forward.Sola will be looking to add to his tally of 112 goals in 35 appearances so he could possibly break his own record of last season which will be absolutely stunning.

I don't normally comment on our u19's but I thought this was worth a mention as they won the NextGen Series which ended a brilliant tournament for them which included beating Arsenal 8-1!They are mirroring our form in the league as they have scored 110 goals in 24 games and have a record of 22-2-0!They are also in the Quarter Finals of the u19 cup as well and I have them use the same tactics as the senior side.

It will be Valencia,we won the 2nd leg against Las Palmas 2-0 which gave us a 5-1 agg victory.I won't be too sure about Utd as they did make last years final where they were beat by us :D

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Liga BBVA - February 2026

Fixtures

Untitled-58.jpg

League Table

LigaBBVAOverview_Stages-87.png

Manager's Thoughts

Let's get the worst part of the month out of the way,this came in the Champions League against Man Utd.We bottled it really badly as we conceded three goals in the last seven minutes as they pulled it back from 4-1 down.I don't think I was helped by having a red card and bias ref against me but the match made my blood boil.The Copa del Rey saw us ease through with a 5-1 agg victory over Las Palmas and will now face Valencia in the final.The league was quite impressive and has some impressive results,Sola getting 6 against Sevilla as well as Israel Alcantara his first hat-trick as well as his first three goals for the club against Jaen stood out the most.Not too bothered about the draw against Real Madrid as it means the chances of an unbeaten increase with At.Madrid and Barcelona posing a threat to my ambition.We have a healthy lead at the top and it will take a lot for us to mess it up.

March only really has one hard game in the month which is against Man Utd but we do have 4 away goals so a low scoring draw will be enough to see us through but I want to win after the embarrassment of the first leg.No major threats in the league and I will be hoping Sola can rack up a few more goals as he charges down last seasons total as he stands at 130 goals.The teams he will be up against in the league are Getafe,Sporting,Real Sociedad,Osasuna and Gimnastic so he should be able to do so.March also brings the Youth Candidate day,I am not too bothered about what they give me as anything will be good.

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Liga BBVA - Youth Candidate Day 2026

The Candidates

CDVitoriaYouthCandidatesSquad_Players-11.png

The Top Three Candidates

1.Jaimy Mulder - Dubbed the new Nigel de Jong!

2.Asier Serrano

3.Asier Sanchez

Manager's Thoughts

This was a very good youth intake with no less then five players signed.Iban Melendez coming through is handy for our u19s as they have been playing with a greyed out eepr and Ibon Garai looks like he can be useful for backup or sell for a profit.There doesn't seem to be much difference between the Asier's but Asier Sanchez seems to be the more versatile of the two whereas Serrano is a poacher but will need quite a bit of improvement considering the options we have in attack.The star without a doubt is Jaimy Mulder,he will be a long term replacement for Santamaria in the DM position but can also play in the MC position.The most worrying thing about the Dutchman is that he is dubbed the new Nigel de Jong which can only lead to red cards,broken legs and kicks to the chest but we will see how it goes.

I hope so,I've given him a five year deal so his proper contract ends in 2031 so we will see what he is like then.I think I have had one perfectionist before but he didn't really have the potential ability to make it.

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Liga BBVA - March 2026

Fixtures

Untitled-59.jpg

League Table

LigaBBVAOverview_Stages-88.png

Manager's Thoughts

Well the good news is the that we beat Man Utd in the knockout stages 6-5 on aggregate,the annoying news is that we now go on to face their rivals Man City in the quarter finals.The semi-finals could see us face Arsenal or Milan in which it looks like we are taking on all the English sides in the CL.The league was very simple like I anticipated as we only conceded one goal in the league which came against Sporting,other then that it wasn't very challenging as the sides were just pushed aside no matter if we were in playing poor or brilliantly.The funny news in all this is that we haven't played Celta for the 2nd time and they have already conceded 98 goals,I personally believe the Almeria manager should be sacked for losing to them.

April will decide the title as we face both Barcelona and At.Madrid,I am pretty confident that if we remain unbeaten against these two then the title is as good as ours.We also face weaker teams like Almeria,Jaen,Celta and Zaragoza which we'll need to win if the nearest challenges slip up.We actually start the month with a trip to the Man City stadium to play the first leg of the quarter final,City will be a much tougher side as they sit in 3rd (Utd are 7th!) so we will need to remain disciplined and not throw any stupid leads away.We are supposed to face Valencia in the final of the Copa del Rey on the 22nd but that could change if we progress in the Champions League.

Absolutely outraged by this :mad:

XabierEtxebarriaNews_Inbox-16.png

He received other offers from clubs while deciding on ours and goes and signs for a club in the Tercera divisions.I think this has to be the most high profile player stolen from our system!He has also accepted a £25 p/w youth contract offer while we were offering him £55 p/w!

I am partially gutted as well,he was rated as 2* PA which in comparison to our current ratings was a decent Liga BBVA player which I could have sold for a profit in the future!

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Liga BBVA - April 2026

Fixtures

Untitled-60.jpg

League Table

LigaBBVAOverview_Stages-89.png

Manager's Thoughts

We struggled to get past Man City in the Quarter finals and I'm not even sure how we won the first leg as they dominated us which was quite worrying.AC Milan in the semi-final was much easier as we on 7-1 on agg,the highlight being the 5-0 victory with Sola scoring a hat-trick as well as providing the assists for the other two goals.We now go on to face Spanish rivals At.Madrid in the final in which I didn't think we would actually get there during the games against the Manchester sides.

Our league performance has been nothing short of phenomenal,we finally hit double figures in the league after being so close for so many times and it was already relegated Celta who were the victims.The league draw with Barcelona was a bit unlucky as we did enough to win but it kept our unbeaten record in tact which was my main priority this season.We have two major threats next month in Valencia and At.Madrid and I want to keep unbeaten against them.There has been goals galore this season even if you take us out the picture,At.Madrid have scored 100 while Valencia have 95 but there defences have cost them in games and they could have been higher up.While on the receiving end,Celta have conceded 122,Jaen have conceded 99 and At.Baleares have conceded 93.I don't think you'll ever see something like this again.

As for the hitman Sola,he has played 56 games and scored 173 goals with 117 of those being in the league.Without him I would have been screwed as the others have not really contributed,my next highest scorer is Daniel Reuter who has 20 from the MC position which shows we are way over reliant on Sola.

If I done my maths right then he currently sits on 953 goals.There's three games left to the domestic and the World Cup so I am guessing it will be early next season.

Archived