The Rise Of The Sammarinese - Game Thread

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Another win for Domagnano. Have we gotten better coaches yet ?

Our teams reputation isn't much better than it was, so unfortunately no we haven't. However, I think that the reputation could be in for a large increase this year with the European football.

Champions League Champions Qualifier Round 3

Zeljeznicar Vs Domagnano (Leg 1)

It could be fair to say that Domagnano have been given good draw for Round 3. There is also more good news as Davatzis is back in the team, back from injury. He has only just come back into full training however and may not last the entire game. Unfortunately Daniel Park wont be joining his team mates on the field, but will be hoping to be back for the next round if Domagnano make it through.

Zeljeznicar 0 - 5 Domagnano

Man Of The Match: Scevola Zangari

[video=youtube;1-alybgv6ck]

Zeljeznicar Stats

Shots: 10

On Target: 2

Possession: 44%

Fouls: 12

Woodwork: 1

Domagnano Stats

Shots: 21

On Target: 16

Possession: 56%

Fouls: 7

Woodwork: 1

Player Ratings

Matt Swain: 7.7

Davatzis: 7.1

Giusseppe Leoni: 8.3

Richard Marino: 8.9

Giuseppe Faci: 9.0

Stefano Duffinci: 8.3

Animosama: 7.8

Jake Stothard: 8.1

Geraint Alacarde: 9.1 (2)

Samuele Bugli: 7.8

Scevola Zangari: 9.6 (3)

Domagnano Vs Zeljeznicar (Leg 2)

Domagnano 1 - 1 Zeljeznicar

Man Of The Match: Davatzis

[video=youtube;uddOsSmzL9w]

Domagnano Stats

Shots: 11

On Target: 5

Possession: 52%

Fouls: 6

Woodwork: 0

Zeljeznicar Stats

Shots: 15

On Target: 7

Possession: 48%

Fouls: 11

Player Ratings

Matt Swain: 7.2

Davatzis: 7.5

Giusseppe Leoni: 7.1

Richard Marino: 6.9

Giuseppe Faci: 6.8

Stefano Duffinci: 6.9

Animosama: 6.9

Jake Stothard: 7.4

Geraint Alacarde: 6.8

Steven Venerucci: 7.0

Scevola Zangari: 6.7

Domagnano 6 - 1 Zeljeznicar (On Aggregate)

Unfortunately I don't have time to do the report on Fiorentino, but I can say it was a close encounter, maybe too close and Fiorentino might have lost, but I'm going to make your Fiorentino fans suffer the wait to find out :D

I also want to make a note of the fact that I could have had more done today, but i've decided to learn HTML, CSS and then hopefully Javascript whilst also typing up most of what I learn. If i'm successfull in that then i'll move onto C++. I learnt HTML at college and went to University to do game programming, but I struggled a bit and there may be a possibility I might go back to try the course again in the future, so I want to get to grips with those languages to give me the best chance :D Unfortunately, that means that updates on here will be slightly slower, but not too much slower :) Just a heads up.

My player seems to score a lot of goals for a defender, are they all from penalties?

The corners are aimed at either you or your partner, so 8 out of the 9 goals you scored last season were from corners, whilst the 1 remaining goal was indeed a penalty.

For all you Fiorentino fantatics... The Fiorentino match reports are coming up as promised :D

Europa League Third Qualifying Round

Aris Vs Fiorentino (Leg 1)

Fiorentino come up against a pretty strong Aris team and will have to be at their best to get anything from this match. They will be playing without Plob Dork and Luke Corcoran for the first leg and possibly the second leg, which is a massive blow at this stage of the qualifying rounds. They will be going with the same formation as the last round and Lorenzo will be used up front, with Ashario playing in behind. El Toono and Goldsmith will be playing in the Wing Back positions to provide cover on the wings. Nick Adam will be playing alongside two inexperienced Centre Backs.

Aris 0 - 0 Fiorentino

Man Of The Match: Arawn Moridin

Aris Stats

Shots: 7

On Target: 3

Possession: 56%

Fouls: 12

Fiorentino Stats

Shots: 4

On Target: 3

Possession: 44%

Player Ratings

Arawn Moridin: 7.5

Mattia Casadei: 6.9

Simone Farabegoli: 6.9

Nick Adam: 6.9

Ben Goldsmith: 7.0

Simone Finke: 7.0

El Toono: 7.3

Edoardo Lorenzo: 6.9

Lukio DiSalvo: 6.9

Walter Ashario: 6.8

Alessio Gentile: 6.9

Fiorentino Vs Aris (Leg 2)

Fiorentino go into this match with the home side advantage. They will need to be carefull that they don't concede, otherwise it could mean they go out of the competition through away goals. Luckily, Plob Dork and Luke Corcoran are both back in the team to face Aris, switching back to the usual formation and possession football.

Fiorentino 2 - 1 Aris

Man Of The Match: Walter Ashario

[video=youtube;pd41BuIUxBo]

Fiorentino Stats

Shots: 19

On Target: 7

Possession: 82%

Fouls: 4

Aris Stats

Shots: 2

On Target: 1

Possession: 18%

Player Ratings

Arawn Moridin: 6.9

Ben Goldsmith: 8.0

Luke Corcoran: 6.9

El Toono: 7.3

Simone Finke: 7.9

Alessio Gentile: 8.0 (1)

Lukio DiSalvo: 7.3

Edoardo Lorenzo: 6.8

Walter Ashario: 8.1 (1)

Plob Dork: 7.0

Aris 1 - 2 Fiorentino (On Aggregate)

Phew! Off to 4th Qual now, it'll definitely be much trickier than this. If we made both matches injury free, I bet it won't be wrong to say Fiorentino has a big chance of making the group stages. Gotta love Gentile's input as well, still scoring, but the decisive ones this time :)

World Rankings Announcement

San Marino have just soared to a record high position in the World Rankings, taking 116th place in August 2012. Their previous record was 118th place in September 1993 almost. It has taken San Marino almost 19 years to better there record and will be hoping to continue moving forward, rather than backwards.

In Other News...

San Marino kick off their World Cup Qualifying campaign on the 8th of September against Ukraine. They then play Poland 4 days later and will be hoping to get off to a good start and pick up at least 3 points from the two matches.

Fiorentino could count themselves extremely lucky in the Fourth Qualifying Round as they have been partnered with Swiss side Zurick. There was a collection of teams which were teams to avoid, such as Liverpool, Aston Villa, Ajax, Roma, Sevilla, PSV, Celtic and many more!

Domagnano have been paired with Serbian side Red Star in the Champions League Champions Playoff. All 9 teams that Domagnano could have faced are of similar ability.

Domagnano and Fiorentino are definate to face each other in the final of the Trofeo Federale if they can make it past Tre Fiori and Juvenes Dogana respectively.

TM, your managing the team, right??

Keep up the great work, hopefully you will get some recognition around the world yourself

Yeah i'm controlling all 3 teams :) I do holiday the league games at the moment because we know we are going to win these easily. The only league games I control are between our two teams. On the International stage, I play every game.

Yeah i'm controlling all 3 teams :) I do holiday the league games at the moment because we know we are going to win these easily. The only league games I control are between our two teams. On the International stage, I play every game.

Manager of the Year tbh :)

Champions League Champions Playoff

Domagnano Vs Red Star

Domagnano wont have minded what team they had to face in this round, as all 9 teams were of a similar ability. If they were to pick a team, it could possibly have been Red Star. This round is a matter of £6mil and playing in the group stages of the competition, or the end of the line financially and a similar season to their last. With everyone fit to play the first leg, Domagnano are sure to be confident of a result!

Domagnano 7 - 0 Red Star

Man Of The Match: Daniel Park

[video=youtube;0sFEpK1JiDk]

Domagnano Stats

On Target: 10

Possession: 54%

Woodwork: 4

Red Star Stats

Shots: 5

Possession: 46%

Fouls: 9

Player Ratings

Matt Swain: 7.5

Davatzis: 8.5

Giusseppe Leoni: 8.4

Richard Marino: 8.7

Giuseppe Faci: 8.7

Stefano Duffinci: 9.3 (1)

Animosama: 8.4

Jake Stothard: 8.6

Geraint Alacarde: 8.8

Daniel Park: 9.7 (3)

Scevola Zangari: 9.4 (2)

I will be doing the Second Leg later on when i've got some more time. I can tell you that Red Star scored goals in that match and stranger things have happened, so despite the vast amount of goals scored, Domagnano aren't clear yet! Could Red Star stump our players, or will Domagnano be in the money!??? Find out later!

Its a good thing Park has such good attributes for penalty taking since Domagnano seems to force a lot of them. Any particular player that seems to force more penalty kicks, or is it just a group effort?

Champions League Champions Playoff

Red Star Vs Domagnano (Leg 2)

After a fantastic first leg which has almost definately put Domagnano in to the Group Stages. It isn't over however and Red Star have nothing to lose going into this match and are sure to attack from the off! Domagnano have full fitness yet again and they could end up racking up a huge score!

Match Stats - Red Star

Shots: 11

Possession: 43%

Fouls: 15

Woodwork: 2

Match Stats - Domagnano

Shots: 14

On Target: 10

Possession: 57%

Red Star 2 - 6 Domagnano

Man Of The Match: Daniel Park

[video=youtube;uZEgpbYs35I]

Player Ratings

Matt Swain: 7.6

Davatzis: 7.9

Giusseppe Leoni: 7.5

Richard Marino: 7.8

Giuseppe Faci: 8.3

Stefano Duffinci: 7.6

Animosama: 8.0

Jake Stothard: 8.7

Geraint Alacarde: 9.3 (2)

Daniel Park: 9.5 (2)

Scevola Zangari: 9.5 (2)

As promised, Red Star did score goals, but Domagnano ended up destroying Red Star (13 - 2 on aggregate). This means that Domagnano are through to the group stages and bank themselves a guaranteed estimate of £6,000,000!!! This money, plus anymore money gained during the Group Stages will go towards building a better subs bench (better players) and also better staff if possible.

dont try and fool us! they never turned a 7 goal deficit around ;) you can only make stuff so tense.

Just trying to add a little spice to the sign-up :D

Its a good thing Park has such good attributes for penalty taking since Domagnano seems to force a lot of them. Any particular player that seems to force more penalty kicks, or is it just a group effort?

He actually missed one in the first leg :D It's just a group effort.

Europa League Fourth Qualifying Round

Fiorentino Vs Zurich

Fiorentino will be very releaved after finding out they would face Zurich in the fourth qualifying round, as they could have faced teams such as Liverpool, Aston Villa or Ajax to name a few. Zurich do however, have some decent players and Fiorentino will need to be on top form to make sure they make it to the next round! This can mean the difference between a bonus £869k and further rewards from the Group stages, or being dumped out before the competition has even started and lose out on large sums of money!

Fiorentino 4 - 1 Zurich

Man Of The Match: Simone Finke

[video=youtube;TFAbjUBYhlM]

Fiorentino Stats

On Target: 11

Possession: 80%

Fouls: 4

Zurich Stats

Shots: 2

On Target: 1

Possession: 20%

Player Ratings

Ben Goldsmith: 8.3

Nick Adam: 8.0 (1)

Luke Corcoran: 7.2

El Toono: 8.3

Simone Finke: 9.8 (3)

Alessio Gentile: 7.5

Lukio DiSalvo: 7.2

Edoardo Lorenzo: 7.5

Walter Ashario: 9.0

Plob Dork: 7.6

Now your gunna believe us, Now your gunna beleive us, we are going win the (champions) league. Great result, great bonus for the number 1 team in San Marino, bring on Messi et all, we can take anyone

Europa League Fourth Qualifying Round

Zurich Vs Fiorentino

Fiorentino are in a very favourable position going into this match and the players are playing very well recently, bringing devastating and entertaining football to their fans! However, they may have scored 4 goals, but Zurich hold an away goal and Fiorentino are home and dry yet! Can they pull this off?

Match Stats - Zurich

Shots: 8

Possession: 37%

Fouls: 13

Match Stats - Fiorentino

Shots: 10

Possession: 63%

Fouls: 2

Zurich 1 - 1 Fiorentino

Man Of The Match: Edoardo Lorenzo

[video=youtube;TXGCXuiHBcE]

Player Stats

Ben Goldsmith: 7.2

Luke Corcoran: 5.6

El Toono: 7.1

Simone Finke: 7.1

Alessio Gentile: 6.9

Lukio DiSalvo (Injured): 6.9

Edoardo Lorenzo: 7.3 (1)

Walter Ashario: 6.9

Plob Dork: 7.0

Fiorentino are through to the group stages after a tough match today, wining 5-2 on aggregate! They have had a tough time to get through these qualifying matches, but have done very well.

Fiorentino & Domagnano - European Group Draws

Champions League Group Stage Draw - Domagnano

• Domagnano
  • Olympique Lyonnais
  • CSKA Moscow
  • Shalke

Domagnano who are technically the weakest team in the competition (Coefficients). All three clubs that they will face in the group stage appear to be very strong. This is a big test, but i'm sure the Domagnano players and their followers will believe they can make it to the next round!

Europa League Group Stage Draw - Fiorentino

• Fiorentino
  • Liverpool
  • AEK Athens
  • VfB Stuttgart

Fiorentino have been dealt a very tough group and may struggle, with the only team that they could possibly match; AEK Athens. Liverpool are surely the favourites for this group, so Fiorentino will need to work hard and get results against AEK Athens and VfB Stuttgart in order to make it to the next round! Arawn Moridin is a very good goalkeeper and will be a defining factor for sure!

Hi lads,

Stefano Duffinci here. Sorry I've been on holiday for the last two weeks but now I'm back! Catching up with all the great work!

TM is there anything I need to do to catch up?

Come on you Dogmanano and San Marino!

Honestly, those are 3 teams that are all kind of down in European competitions, Lyon isn't top of France, Schalke lost the best GK in Germany to a rival, so maybe I fear CSKA the most of those three.

I think your underestimating OL a little bit, but its just an opinion. We definitely have a chance, but a slim one. This group will probably come down to who gets those one or two breaks and takes advantage of them.

Cant wait to see what happens, either way 6 mil in our coffers is an excellent start to our first season.

Yay, bench subs! Are you going to make them people who might take San Marinese nationality later and thus boost the National squad against injuries a bit?

I don't think anyone who we get into the team will be worth asking in to the San Marino squad. We also have our 22 players in the National squad, so we aren't short of back up :)

Thanks for getting back to me TM, if possible can I update my training as follows:

Name Of Player: Stefano Duffinci

Training Focus: N/A

Training Intensity (Light, Average, Heavy): Average

New Position: N/A

Strength: 10

Aerobic: 20

Tactics: 10

Ball Control: 19

Defending: 1

Attacking: 15

Shooting: 10

Cheers mate!

I've just figured something out. When a player has a future transfer, you are unable to teach that player a preffered move. That is the reason why we haven't been able to do it... At the moment we aren't able to do anything about that, but I will do my best to sort that out.

Thanks for getting back to me TM, if possible can I update my training as follows:

Name Of Player: Stefano Duffinci

Training Focus: N/A

Training Intensity (Light, Average, Heavy): Average

New Position: N/A

Strength: 10

Aerobic: 20

Tactics: 10

Ball Control: 19

Defending: 1

Attacking: 15

Shooting: 10

Cheers mate!

Thats all done :) No Problem.

Injury Report - 8th September

Ben Goldsmith has picked up Strained Knee Ligaments whilst on International Duty, in training. He will be out for the next 2 months at least!

Lukio DiSalvo's picked up an injury in the Champions League recently. He received a Gashed Leg and will be out for between 3 to 8 days.

Archived