The Rise Of The Sammarinese - Game Thread

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good to see I floated in a cross to myself and still finished.

Haha! I didn't realised i'd done that... I was trying to remember who scored whilst typing it up and ended up putting your name for the cross too. It was Ashario with the cross :)

Good to see Faci seems to be earning his spot on the national team on more than just the fact that his competitor is injured.

Yeah, he's put in some really good performances and El Toono will find it hard to top them

Seems Animosama is not really impressing

Give him time :) He may come good.

Wow, looks like Park is running roughshod over the other domestic teams, a 5 goal and 4 goal game already as well as a nice goal of the month. Hopefully he keeps it up

He's doing the best on the domestic scene, but from the matches so far, i'm still unsure who is the best on the International scene.

Gentile looking like a solid choice in the middle of the park, ocassionally getting forward to finish chances as well as creating. Way to go boys! Lovely, lovely wins.

Gentile definately seems to be a big part of most attacks for San Marino, you can be happy with him :)

Ashario plaing well, assisting and scoring. But that derby goal surely wasn't offside? ;)

If only it wasn't, it would have been a major blow for Domagnano who failed to take advantage of playing against 10 men.

Nice clean sheet there for me, looks like we are all starting to gel as a national team, hope the rankings climb gets us a favourable world cup draw(unless its already been done)

The World Cup isn't untill 2014, so we still have a while untill qualification starts.

San Marino Vs Bulgaria - Friendly Match

Bulgaria are a decent teams and are Ranked 70th in the World. Luckily for us, they have suffered 4 defeats and 4 draws this season and against some teams that we could possibly beat ourselves. I think we have a really good chance! Here's the line up...

GK - Arawn Moridin

DR - Ben Goldsmith

DC - Luke Corcoran

DC - Richard Marino

DL - Giuseppe Faci

DMC - Simone Finke

AMR - Edoardo Lorenzo

AMC - Geraint Alacarde

AML - Jake Stothard

STR - Scevola Zangari

STL - Plob Dork

First Half...

1st Minute: San Marino attack from the off! Alacarde tackles Gadzhev and puts a great through ball for Plob Dork. Dork takes one touch and goes for goal... Inches Wide!

14th Minute: Zangari moves the ball out wide to Stothard, Stothard moves into the area and turns the defender with ease, goes for goal... But it's over the bar, good effort.

16th Minute: Delev finds himself on his own with the ball, he runs at the defence, put Corcoran does well to get a foot in. It's not over yet as Petrov picks up the lose ball and puts another ball through for Delev, who goes for goal... Great save from Moridin, first meaningfull save in the early stages.

17th Minute: Petrov out of nowhere hits one from 35 yard!!! Hits the Crossbar! It falls to Delev who shoots from close range... Reaction save! Fantastic stuff from Moridin.

32nd Minute: Delev is causing a lot of problems along with Petrov, but Marino does very well to get across and tackle Delev. The defence is looking good so far.

33rd Minute: Petrov and Delev are teaming up again, Petrov with the cross and Delev forces Moridin into another fantastic reaction save! It goes for a corner, but Corcoran heads away.

39th Minute: It's Petrov and Delev yet again as they pass between themselves, Petrov picks out the run of Hazurov... Goal for Bulgaria, San Marino 0 - 1 Bulgaria.

44th Minute: Petrov puts a fantastic cross in, connected by Hazurov, but Moridin gets down to save well!

Second Half...

Player Movement: I've moved the AML and AMR back to the ML and MR positions. I feel we aren't getting any players in the area of the pitch and we are failing to do our defensive duties further up the pitch.

Substitute: Scevola Zangari Off - Daniel Park On

48th Minute: Corcoran puts in a good tackle on Gadzhev, but Gadzhev didn't like the challenge and retaliated... RED CARD! Gadzhev has found himself being sent off for a moment of madness!

77th Minute: Substitutions...

Ben Goldsmith Off - Davatzis On

Geraint Alacarde Off - Animosama On

Jake Stothard Off - Walter Ashario On

Full Time...

Man Of The Match: Richard Marino

Possession: 47%

San Marino Shots: 10

Bulgaria Shots: 12

Key Players: Richard Marino, Giuseppe Faci, Simone Finke

Verdict... I don't think we did too bad, but we didn't show much intent either. The passing let us down at times, but for the first time, we actually had a really solid defence. It would be unfair to comment on the strikers, as they were given the chances to even put one away.

Will be doing a Domestic update at the end of January. Currently, our next game for San Marino will be against Mexico at the end of February! Then we have South Korea in June and following that is the start of the World Cup Qualifiers!

World Cup Qualifying Group

England

Montenegro

Ukraine

Moldova

San Marino

Poland

This group looks rather inviting if you ask me, but England with be a very big test for us. Hopefully we will be good enough to get second place!

I was sure that Moridin would be a key player based on the text. Looks like he made several great saves. Especially in the first half. Really glad that he put in a good performance as I felt he was poor in the first few games.

Time To Get Involved!

This is your chance to get involved in the training of your own player! Once every season, you will get the chance to choose the focus on training, the ability to learn or un-learn Preferred Moves and also learn new positions! You can also choose the Intensity of your training. Fill out the form below if you would like to take part :) If there is something you don't want to do in the form, just put N/A in that area.

Name Of Player:

Training Focus:

Training Intensity (Light, Average, Heavy):

New Position:

Currently we are unable to learn new Preferred Moves.

Name Of Player: Arawn Moridin

Training Focus: Composure

Training Intensity (Light, Average, Heavy): Average

New Position:

Can we set up a trening schedule for them as well? If so I would like this one:

Strength: 7

Aerobic: 10

Shot Stopping: 23

Handling: 13

Tactics: 25

Ball Control:7

Defending, Attacking and Shooting: 0

Name Of Player: Davatzis

Training Focus: Off the ball

Training Intensity (Light, Average, Heavy): Heavy

New Position: MR

Strength: 12

Aerobic: 15

GK - Shot Stopping: n/a

GK - Handling: n/a

Tactics: 23

Ball Control: 15

Defending: 15

Attacking: 10

Shooting: 3

I dont think he will have a problem with a heavy workload with his natural fitness and stamina being so high.

Domagnano Vs Fiorentino - Campionato Sammarinese

This is round two between these two rivals! Last time out, despite picking up a red card, Fiorentino managed to dominate possession and grind out a 1 - 1 draw. Domagnano will be looking to play better this time round and break up the possession football that Fiorentino prides itself with!

First Half...

10th Minute: It's been all Fiorentino so far in the open stages, passing around Domagnano with ease. Gentile finds himself near Domagnano's area, passing left to Ashario, Ashario makes space and passes back to Gentile, space has opened up for a shot... Fantastic save from Matt Swain!

21st Minute: Gentile fancies himself to take the Domagnano defence on, but despite doing everything right, his shot goes high and wide! Nice feet by Gentile to create the chance!

25th Minute: GOALLLLLLL!!! But who could it be??? Stothard! Zangari made a run down the left, passed inside to Animosama, making no mistake and puts a through ball in towards Stothard. Goldsmith manages to get to the ball first, but Stothard uses his strength and out muscle's Goldsmith. He's got a clear shot on goal! Arawn Moridin had no chance! Great goal by Stothard! Domagnano 1 - 0 Fiorentino.

27th Minute: Fiorentino pass the ball around near the area, Finke fancies a shot on goal... Well saved by Swain.

32nd Minute: Dork picks out Gentile, Gentile puts a fantastic ball through to put Ashario clear on goal! HE'S HIT THE POST! Fantastic chance goes begging! Leoni clears the threat.

44th Minute: Ashario floats a great cross in, Adam knocks the ball on and Corcoran throws himself at it! Duffinci manages to get to the ball first and head it out for another corner! There were shouts for a penalty there, but the referee waves away the protests! The resulting corner comes to nothing.

Second Half...

52nd Minute: GOALLLLLL!!! DOMAGNANO 1 - 1 FIORENTINO!!! Goldsmith runs up the right hand side with the ball, picks out Lorenzo on the edge of the area, Lorenzo turns Faci and goes for goal! HOW DID HE MANAGE THAT! Total Billiance!

56th Minute: GOALLLLLL!!!DOMAGNANO 2 - 1 FIORENTINO!!! Stothard puts in a dangerous ball, but Moridin manages to turn it over before it reaches anyone. Stothard puts the corner in to the front post... MARINO!!! Fantastic header from Marino, but where was the player on the front post? Major defensive blip! The goal is given as an own goal, Marino will definately feel it should be his, but it appears Goldsmith's attempt to stop the shot only resulted in earning himself the goal!

61st Minute: ANIMOSAMA! World class stop by Moridin! I was sure that was going in, but Moridin flew across the goal to get a hand to it. That was curling into the top right hand corner!

70th Minute: Gentile puts a dangerous through ball for Lorenzo, he goes for goal! Fantastic block from Marino. It goes for a corner! The resulting corner was a waste.

74th Minute: Swain passes out to Leoni, but he can't decide what to do and ends up being tackled by Finke, Finke moves in on goal, Swain has no choice but to close him down and Finke goals for the lob!!! JUST OVER!!! Moment of madness from Leoni almost costs Domagnano!

75th Minute: Leoni with a 50 yard pass to Duffinci, Zangari is in masses of space! Duffinci puts the ball through and it's one against one! GOALLLLLLL!!! Domagnano 3 - 1 Fiorentino!!! Zangari slots the ball cooly past Moridin! Domangnano look to have won this one!

84th Minute: Alacarde is in tons of space up front! Stothard with a 60 yard lobbed pass over the Fiorentino players, Alacarde picks it up and goes for goal! Inches Wide!

87th Minute: Lorenzo tries a speculative shots, but Swain is equal to it.

Full Time - Domagnano 3 - 1 Fiorentino!!!

Man Of The Match: (Domagnano) Richard Marino

Possession: 44% - 56%

Shots: 9 - 13

On Target: 6 - 5

Domagnano Key players: Marino, Faci, Stothard, Zangari

Fiorentino Key Players: Moridin, Goldsmith, Lorenzo

Verdict: I really thought that Fiorentino did well in the first half, but Domagnano scored a decent goal. The second half was all about Domagnano and they really wanted that win! Fantastic performances overall and Fiorentino will be very frustrated. I don't think there is much doubt on who will win the group now, but it doesn't mean Domagnano are going to definately pick up the Champions League spot. We will see these two go head to head in the play-off group!

Training Schedules - Get Involved!

I was already thinking about allowing you to choose your own training schedules and Dieu would like to push that idea. Therefore, all you need to do is provide something along the same lines as Dieu has...

1 being the lowest and 25 being the highest...

I think it's a great idea, as it gives you a chance to train the player how you want to!

Name Of Player: Daniel Park

Training Focus: Stamina

New Position: None

Strength: 11

Aerobic: 16

Shot Stopping: 0

Handling: 0

Tactics: 13

Ball Control: 13

Defending: 6

Attacking: 12

Shooting: 12

Might change my individual focus depending on how much stamina has already improved, but this is the training schedule I would like

Domagnano Domestic Update

Campionato Sammarinese League Table

Taca Titano League Table

Players...

Matt Swain

Davatzis

Giuesseppe Leoni

Richard Marino

Giueseppe Faci

Stefano Duffinci

Animosama

Jake Stothard

Geraint Alacarde

Daniel Park

Scevola Zangari

Campionato Games...

(H) Cosmos 5 - 0 (Park x2, Zangari, Marino, Duffinci)

(A) Pennarossa 11 - 0 (Leoni x2, Park x6, Zangari, Stothard, Own Goal)

(H) La Fiorita 7 - 0 (Alacarde x3, Duffinci, Stothard, Leoni, Own Goal)

(H) San Giovanni 8 - 0 (Park x4, Marino, Alacarde x2, Stothard)

(H) Fiorentino 3 - 1 (Stothard, Own Goal, Zangari)

Taca Titano...

(A) Juvenes Dogana 4 - 0 (Zangari x2, Park x2)

Player Awards - November To February

November - Goalkeeper Of Month - Matt Swain

November - Defender Of Month - Giusseppe Leoni

November - Midfielder Of Month - Stefano Duffinci

November - Striker Of Month - Daniel Park

January - Goalkeeper Of Month - Matt Swain

January - Defender Of Month - Richard Marino

January - Striker Of Month - Scevola Zangari

January - Golden Boy - Jake Stothard

Training Schedules - Get Involved!

I was already thinking about allowing you to choose your own training schedules and Dieu would like to push that idea. Therefore, all you need to do is provide something along the same lines as Dieu has...

1 being the lowest and 25 being the highest...

I think it's a great idea, as it gives you a chance to train the player how you want to!

Nice! Looking forward to Moridins screen shot. The traning schedule might change a bit if he has improved enough in the areas I want.

Fiorentino Domestic Update

Campionato Sammarinese League Table

Taca Titano League Table

Players...

Arawn Moridin

Ben Goldsmith

Nick Adam

Luke Corcoran

El Toono

Simone Finke

Alessio Gentile

Lukio DiSalvo

Edoardo Lorenzo

Walter Ashario

Plob Dork

Campionato Sammarinese Games...

(H) Pennarossa 5 - 0 (Dork x3, Lorenzo, Ashario)

(A) La Fiorita 5 - 0 (Lorenzo, Dork x3, Own Goal)

(H) San Giovanni 9 - 0 (Ashario, Dork x5, Lorenzo x3)

(H) Tre Penne 6 - 0 (Dork x2, Adam, Ashario x2, Own Goal)

(A) Domagnano 1 - 3 (Lorenzo)

Player Awards...

November - Golden Boy - Plob Dork

January - Midfielder Of The Month - Walter Ashario

Goal Of The Month - January

[video=youtube;0pnW0AH5lKg]

Breaking News...

Arawn Moridin has suffered a Chest Injury ahead of the San Marino friendly match with Mexico! Moridin will be out for between 3 to 4 weeks.

Simone Finke has suffered a Damaged Foot ahead of the San Marino friendly match with Mexico! Finke will be out for between 2 to 3 weeks.

Simone Finke suffered his injury before the squad selection, but Moridin was selected in the squad to face Mexico. The injury came too late for San Marino to pick a replacement.

Name Of Player:Animosama

New Position: AMC

Strength: 11

Aerobic: 18

GK - Shot Stopping: n/a

GK - Handling: n/a

Tactics: 14

Ball Control: 11

Defending: 5

Attacking: 8

Shooting: 8

Ok, that's it for the updates today.

For those who haven't done or have not seen, look in the above posts for the form to fill out for your training (including schedules). All players are on first team contracts.

Tomorrow we have updates including, the game against Mexico, the game against South Korea, end of group stage report, Current Ability update and end of season report! We also have the World Cup qualification coming up! So lots to keep you interested!

Name Of Player: Geraint Alacarde

New Position: MC

Strength: 9

Aerobic: 13

Tactics: 14

Ball Control: 20

Defending: 2

Attacking: 21

Shooting:14

Name Of Player: Richard Marino

Training Focus: Balance

Training Intensity (Light, Average, Heavy): average

New Position: N/A

Strength: 20

Aerobic: 20

Tactics: 10

Ball Control: 5

Defending: 20

Attacking: 5

Shooting: 5

just read all the updates. i love them and am amazed how you get them out so quickly! really enjoying the sign-up! Richard Marino is doing brilliantly. havent seen a game where he wasnt a key player or MOM and the goals are shocking, he's san marino's answer to christopher samba! Take it you have the corners aimed to him? also would it be possible to have a squad stats screenshot that included assistant star ratings?

Name Of Player: Giuseppe Faci

Training Focus: tackling

Aerobic: 13

Tactics: 17

Ball Control: 12

Attacking: 13

Name Of Player: Matt Swain

Training Focus: Off the ball

New Position:

Strength: 25

Aerobic: 17

GK - Shot Stopping: 23

GK - Handling: 23

Tactics: 15

Ball Control: 15

Attacking: 7

Shooting: 3

Name Of Player: Edoardo Lorenzo

Training Focus: Passing

New Position: ML

Will add the schedule later, am at work atm.

Post your schedule in a seperate post to make sure that I get it :) I may forget that you were editing later.

TM: Are you using Moridin as a sweeper keeper or a regular GK? I'll adapt my traning schedule based on how you use him.

He's just a regular goalkeeper. Let me know in a new post if you have edited anything.

Name Of Player: Richard Marino

Training Focus: Balance

Aerobic: 20

Tactics: 10

Ball Control: 5

Defending: 20

Attacking: 5

just read all the updates. i love them and am amazed how you get them out so quickly! really enjoying the sign-up! Richard Marino is doing brilliantly. havent seen a game where he wasnt a key player or MOM and the goals are shocking, he's san marino's answer to christopher samba! Take it you have the corners aimed to him? also would it be possible to have a squad stats screenshot that included assistant star ratings?

I've had a lot of time on my hands this week, so doing updates hasn't been a problem thankfully. The corners are aimed to the front post where Richard Marino normally stands. I'll sort out the screenshots for you :)

when will the training schedules take effect ?

For those that posted before my last post from last night, their training is already in effect.

For those who posted after my last post from last night, their training will take effect from when I load the game up.

For those that haven't posted yet, they will take effect once they have posted and i've had time.

Others who don't post, theirs will stay on the general training.

Name Of Player: Scevola Zangari

Training Focus: Anticipation

Strength: 15

Aerobic: 14

Ball Control: 19

Attacking: 22

Shooting: 14

Anticipation isn't an option unfortunately, do you want to pick another one? I've chosen First Touch for you for now.

Name Of Player: Scevola Zangari

Training Focus: Anticipation

Strength: 15

Aerobic: 14

Ball Control: 19

Attacking: 22

Shooting: 14

I've had to downsize your schedule a bit because there wasn't enough room. Should be fine though.

Archived