Tomtuck's First FM Career Adventure

tomtuck01

200px-Manchester_City.svg.png

Thomas Lewis' Career - September 2018 - Manchester City

Premier League

plfixturessep2018.png

pltablesep2018.png

A very good three games for us through September. We were excellent at home to Norwich, dominating with 63% of the possession, and limiting to just four shots at goal. The Chelsea results was very good to be honest - we came from behind twice to take what could be a valuable point come the end of the season. The Liverpool game was superb, mainly because it was done without me in charge; I had to serve a touchline ban after comments I made after the Chelsea game. Cavani kept up his superb start to the season, and even at the age of 31 he's showing no signs of slowing down.

Our game in hand is against Southampton, which is part of the current game weekend - it just happens to fall on October 1st, which is a Monday.

League Cup - 3rd Round

lcfixturessep2018.png

Pretty dire performance, which was entirely my fault as I tried out a new formatin that the players obviously weren't ready to use. Still, we got the win and we're through to the fourth round, in which we face Liverpool at Stamford Bridge.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Great start to life at Man City and some cracking signings :thup:.

Cheers dude.

Believe it or not, despite all the big name arrivals i managed to cut wage expenditure by £13million a year, according to the salary section on the team stats page. That means that over the course of this season we will pay around £110million in player wages. I aim to get that below £100million by the start of next season.

Not too bad so far.

If we had beaten Chelsea it would have been perfect.

Aha Kompany still as captain. I approve this save. :thup:

He has even just extended his contract to 2020! :cool:

Thomas Lewis' Career - October 2018 - Manchester City

Premier League

plfixturesoct2018.png

pltableoct2018.png

Excellent month for us, winning four out of four, and cementing our place at the top of the table. A couple of the performances weren't great; Wolves away and Spurs at home were a bit of a struggle, but we grinded out the victories in what were hard fought games. In the other two against Southampton and Watford we were top drawer, dominating possession and creating chance after chance. Hopefully we can carry on like this!

League Cup - 4th Round

lcfixturesoct2018.png

Excellent performance. I played an almost full strength side, and it showed. We had the majority of the ball, created 19 chances, and limited Liverpool to one shot - and even that wasn't how they scored! We march on into the quarer finals, and the draw has been very interesting for us.

Beautiful month mate, it's amazing how far Swansea are off the top already, you've definitely got another shot at Malpass if they stay around mid-table. Interesting draw in the Carling Cup, but with your history in the competition I'd put my house on a City win :lol:

Wow awesome squad and with mostly topteams. :cool:

Mertens at Stoke though. :( Chelsea having four belgian players.

Indeed. All of them are worth alot aswell!

Beautiful month mate, it's amazing how far Swansea are off the top already, you've definitely got another shot at Malpass if they stay around mid-table. Interesting draw in the Carling Cup, but with your history in the competition I'd put my house on a City win :lol:

Last eason Swanea finished down in eighth and failed to qualify for Europe, hence why Rafa Benitez was sacked.

This season they started shockingly, losing their first three games. However, they have really recovered of late and are starting to climb the table. They have just beat Ipwich, (first game of November), and are now seven league games unbeaten. Malpass remains a target though, and hopefully the good relationship I have with him will help the transfer happen eventually.

I hate people who can play this game. :mad:

Seriously, that's one hell of a career and a brilliant start at a new club. Having cash to splurge helps, but you still have to do the right things with it.

Haha I'll try not to do o well, just to mak you feel better! ;)

Thanks alot for the nice remarks. A I've said a few times in thi thread, they're alway appreciated. :)

I imagine it will get worse for Swansea.

It could with Mancini in charge. During two spells with City, (since the start of the save), he only managed to win the Europa League (2014), and the FA Cup (2014). Between 2014 and his reappointment at City in 2016, he was hired and fired by Internazionale and Liverpool.

Having said that, he is making decent progress with the Swans after his shakey start to the season.

Thomas Lewis' Career - November 2018 - Manchester City

Premier League

plfixturesnov2018.png

pltablenov2018.png

Another superb month fr us, with four wins out of four, three of which were away from home. The Birmingham game was very tricky, but the win came eventually. We went ahead through Neymar, but Nicklas Bendtner equalied with a penalty. However, Sergio Aguero won it with ten minutes to go. Newcastle again was tough. Trailing 1-0 at halftime I gave the team a stern talking to, and we came out and scored two before the hour. From there we controlled the game and saw it out. After that was a comfortable home win against Hull, and then probably our best performance of the season at Ipswich as we won 4-0 at a canter.

Our performances throughout the month earned me my first Manager Of The Month award this season.

I have finally read through this entire career thread and I gotta say...epic! You're King Midas, touching everything into gold! A truly stellar career. Has the Queen had you knighted yet? ;) And if not, what's taking her so long??

Beautiful month, not having European matches is making the league a cake-walk. Speaking of records though, are England still unbeaten? I think you would've eclipsed Spain's record unbeaten streak during the World Cup.

You are right about not having European football making it easy - my players are always fully fit!

And I'll check if England are still unbeaten when i'm home later :thup:

I have finally read through this entire career thread and I gotta say...epic! You're King Midas, touching everything into gold! A truly stellar career. Has the Queen had you knighted yet? ;) And if not, what's taking her so long??

I think allegations about my private life are holding her back. ;)

In all seriousness, thanks for taking the time and effort to read through the whole thread. I hope you continue to follow it. :)

I suppose you are doing ok so far ;).

And all with the same system i used with Swansea.

In all fairness we've got a big December coming up, with two Manchester derbies to play.

Well done Tom, have been off work for the last few days & have really been enjoying reading through the thread. Well done must be hard work updating as well as playing through all the games on FM! Keep up the good work!

Like i say to all new posters in the thread, thank you for taking the time and effort to read through it all. I know i would get distracted and end up doing something else!

Doing the updates works in both ways. It's great that there's interest in them, the amount of posts from other people in the thread is amazing. But there are times when you get to the end of a month and you just want to keep playing, but you have to take screenshots, etc, for an update and it can be frustrating!Hope you keep following now you've read up to date. :)

I've been reading this thread from time to time and finally have got myself up to date. Nowadays, my FM playing is fairly limited due to children and work taking up a lot of my time. Have to say, though, I've been sporadically reading these forums for around 5 years now and this is one of the most inspirational threads I have read. It has made me interested in playing the game in a way I have never done before and actually stick out a career. No doubt those sentiments will go out of the window when I get sacked within four weeks!

Fantastic work, great updates, well done!

I've been reading this thread from time to time and finally have got myself up to date. Nowadays, my FM playing is fairly limited due to children and work taking up a lot of my time. Have to say, though, I've been sporadically reading these forums for around 5 years now and this is one of the most inspirational threads I have read. It has made me interested in playing the game in a way I have never done before and actually stick out a career. No doubt those sentiments will go out of the window when I get sacked within four weeks!

Fantastic work, great updates, well done!

Until this save I had never had a save like this before. I use to play with one club for season after season until I got bored, and I must say I would advise anyone to try a save like this. I guess I have been lucky in the sense that I have had alot of success, which makes it easier to stick at.

Thank you for the kind words about my save. And don't worry, there'll be updates for a fair while yet.

What were you thinking of paying? Probably quite a few times less than that.

I had offered £82million previously, and I was prepared to pay that. I think if I bide my time and keep leaking stuff to the press then I reckon I can get him for between £50-70million.

He'll have retired by that point if that's your strategy.

Haha the lad is only 21, I've got a while yet!

Good luck in that department Tom. You may need it :D.

Have you unsettled him in the slightest yet?

I probably will need it. He hasn't become unsettled at all, despite always loving my praise, etc. And with Swansea now doing much better in the league, (they're up to 2nd), I don't see it happening anytime soon.

Thomas Lewis' Career - December 2018 - Manchester City

Premier League

plfixturesdec2018.png

pltabledec2018.png

The definition of a mixed month, I would say! We started off with two good wins, the second at Everton in the snow was particularly good. But then came the Mancheter derby. United took the lead early after a mix up between Joe Hart and Yoann Le Moal left Wayne Rooney with a tap in. Just two minutes later though Neymar hit back, and then in the 50th minute it was Neymar who scored again to put us 2-1 up. Eight minutes later though Rooney equalised for them, tapping home a Gareth Bale cross. 2-2 it finished, but it kept the gap at a large ten points.

Following that we got a decent 1-0 win at high flying West Brom, before a rather drab 0-0 draw against Arsenal. Against QPR we were terrible, and they deserved their 2-1 win. But we bounced straight back away at Bolton, with Neymar grabbing what turned out to be the winner in a 2-1 victory.

Up next is Swansea at the Etihad. It could be crucial, and is likely to be tough after their form throughout December.

League Cup - Quarter Final

lcfixturesdec2018.png

A very good performance from us, even though we had to wait for our goal. We didn't boss possession as I expect us to, but we did create many more chances than them, and certainly deserved to go through to the semi-finals by the 1-0 scoreline.

In the semi final we face Bolton, and if we get through could face Swansea in the final, who face Aston Villa in the other semi.

Archived