Tomtuck's First FM Career Adventure

tomtuck01

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh right, i wasnt sure as there was no interaction box on the news item. I agree about not moving :thup:

I think you only get the dialogue box if you're considered to be the favourite. :thup:

It'd be awesome if you were to receive an offer to join Madrid at the end of the season, however I still think your current plan of focusing on the 2018 World Cup is the best way to go about things at the moment.

It would have been an honour, (they have appointed some else anyway), but I wouldn't have moved. My plan is still what you described.

150px-Swansea_City_AFC_logo.svg.png

Thomas Lewis' Career - November 2016 - Swansea City

Premier League

plfixturesnov2016.png

pltablenov2016.png

A god month, but it would have been a great one had we not drawn at Ipswich. The Arsenal game was a real battle, but we just about deserved the victory. Away to Ipswich we took the lead early and were comfortable, but from nowhere they equalised with a long range thunderbolt. After that we couldn't get through their defence, and they really earned their point. The result against Crystal Palace was as simple as it looked, and in all honesty it should have been more. At the Liberty against Birmingham, we totally dominated but our shooting was poor. We left it late, but Jason Malpass popped up with to late goals to give us a 2-0 win.

Even at this stage it is looking like a fascinating title battle between us and City. At the minute they lead only on goal difference, but are currently on a four match winning run. We are keeping pace though, and we hope to do so in our next match aaway at West Ham.

League Cup - Quarter Final

lcfixturesnov2016.png

Very annoying. We were 4-0 up and crusing, then conceded two sloppy goals. We must do better. In the semi-finals we face Ipswich Town, who we of course faced in last seasons semi-final aswell.

November 2016 Continued

Champions League

clfixturesnov2016.png

cltablenov2016.png

A great performance by Scott Sinclair against Hannover gave us a comfortable win, but it could have been four had he not smashed a penalty against the post. He no has four Champions League goals this term. The Inter game was very even and could have gone either way. A draw would have been a fairer result, and even though we lost I really can't complain about the performance.

We finish at home to Porto, and we can still top the group ahead of Inter.

Hopefully Hannover will do you a favour so you can top the group. Looking for another League Cup there?

Definitely. The record number of victories in a row is four, by Liverpool as a matter of fact, and I want to equal that.

Very close in the league although Man City do look goal crazy at the moment and congrats on qualifying from the group stages,hope Hannover can do you a favour.

As long as we just keep pace with City for the moment I'll be happy. :thup:

Thomas Lewis' Career - December 2016 - Swansea City

Premier League

plfixturesdec2016.png

pltabledec2016.png

Not a perfect month, but we're still their keeping pace with Manchester City. To win four and draw two in a month where four of those six games were away from home makes for a very good month. The only frustrating result was the one against Chelsea at home, where we twice took the lead and then surrendered it, the second time in the 90th minute which proved decisive. Still we followed that up with a good win at Bolton and a draw at Old Trafford.

Up next we have Tottenham at home, followed by a trip to Southampton.

December 2016 Continued

Champions League

clfixturesdec2016.png

cltabledec2016.png

"Damn" I thought, when we struggled to break Porto down. But Inter lost 3-1 in Hannover meaning that we did top the group. Anther fanbulous achievement for us. In the first knockout round we have been drawn against Dynamo Kiev, with the first leg in Kiev.

You lose so few games. It's really impressive. I wish I could come up with something that avoids defeat so much, I really do.

I put it down to playing relatively boring, possession football.

We just sit deep and keep the ball. Quite often my fullbacks and defensive midfielder make over 60 passes, and have a completion rate of more than 90%, simply because they're just passing it short and simple between themselves.

I put it down to playing relatively boring, possession football.

We just sit deep and keep the ball. Quite often my fullbacks and defensive midfielder make over 60 passes, and have a completion rate of more than 90%, simply because they're just passing it short and simple between themselves.

All done with the tactics creator?

Thomas Lewis' Career - January 2017 - Swansea City

Premier League

plfixturesjan2017.png

pltablejan2017.png

An excellent month in the league for us as we won four out of four, and moved above City into first position when they lost at West Brom and we beat Newcastle. We opened up with a nervy win over Tottenham, and followed it up with an even more nervy win at Southampton. However we were sensational against QPR, and Jason Malpass was simply irresistable, (except for the fact that he missed a penalty!). We finished the month off with a very good win at Newcastle, with Malpass again on top form.

Our performances in January earned me another Manager Of The Month award, my second of the season.

We have three very winnable games in February against Everton (H), West Brom (A), and Fulham (H) before we face Manchester City at the start of March. A crucial period is coming up.

FA Cup 3rd and 4th Rounds

facfixturesjan2017.png

Very poor performance at the Liberty in the 3rd round against Newcastle, but we put it right in the replay with a classy performance. We then faced massive rivals Cardiff, who currently laid 7th in the Championship at the time, and duly taught them a thing or two about football at the top level. The fans were thrilled with that victory.

In the fifth round we face either Dagenham and Redbridge or Arsenal at the Liberty.

January 2017 Continued

League Cup

lcfixturesjan2017.png

A couple of outstanding performances gave us a cracking 7-0 aggregate win over the Tractor Boys. The 5-0 second leg performance was one of our best of the season, and Nestor Schmidt inparticular really turned on the style, with two goals and two assists.

So we head into our fourth final in a row at the end of February, and this year we face Chelsea.

Transfer Activity

For the first time since I have been managing Swansea, there was no transfer activity of any kind in the January window.

I always use classic, which shouts do you use if you don't mind me bothering you about tactics lol.

I'll paste what I posted in the tactics section of the forum in a conversation with Cleon;

As for my shouts I've got two sets, erm, set up;

Defensive - Push Higher Up, Stay On Feet, Hassle Opponents

I use this group if I'm under a bit more pressure. Although with Swansea I've made great strides, against the bigger sides away from home I still concede possession a fair bit, and this group of shouts work quite well. It closes down space, gets amongst the opposition, and of course makes sure the players don't dive into challenges.

Attacking - Drop Deeper, Pass Into Space, Work Ball Into Box, Retain Possession

A very Barcelona type of grouping I like to think. When I'm on top it slows things down and ensures the team probe for an opening, which, although it goes against the other three shouts in the group, comes from the "Pass Ball Into Space" instruction. It means that when the opportunity arises, the tempo is quickened in a flash by a through ball/forward run by a man off the ball.

I'll paste what I posted in the tactics section of the forum in a conversation with Cleon;

Cheers dude, trying to get a 4-4-2 working with the tactics creator doing well so far for the first time ever using the TC so was just wondering what other people use with it.

Brilliant season so far the league is going great and still going strong in all the cups.

Cheers dude, trying to get a 4-4-2 working with the tactics creator doing well so far for the first time ever using the TC so was just wondering what other people use with it.

Brilliant season so far the league is going great and still going strong in all the cups.

It depends on your whole set up really. The shouts work because of how I play in general, which is slow, methodical, and controlled. Using them with an attacking 4-4-2 for instance, they may not be as effective.

Cheers for the assessment of my season thus far. Looks like I could be leaving Swansea on another high note!

Still going strong I see. :cool:

Can you tell me if Kompany, Dembele, De Laet, Mignolet, Vermaelen and others still play at the same club? Have other belgian players moved to english clubs?

I'll post a list of the most recent Belgium squad with the clubs they now play for when i'm home later. :thup:

Impressive Ipswich win.

I like to look at it as a bit of revenge for them taking a point off me in the league.

Cracking month and yet another League Cup Final :thup:.

Thank you kind Sir. Hopefully we can make it four in a row at the end of February.

Before that though we have a busy month ahead, with three league games, an FA Cup tie, and the 1st leg of the Champions tie against Dynamo Kiev to play. And i have an international friendly with Spain sandwiched in the middle of all that!

Purefun

Here is the last squad that Belgium selected; clicky.

The only normal regulars not in the squad were Marouane Fellaini (Manchester City), Jelle Vossen (Valencia), and Moussa Dembele (Fulham), who were all missing through injury. Marino Reynders is a newgen who Real Madrid recently paid £21.5million for.

160px-England_crest_2009.svg.png

Thomas Lewis' Career - February 2017 - England

International Friendly

feb2017friendlyspain.png

A great performance against the side just a couple of places below us in the world rankings. Yes they may have had just ten men for over 40 minutes, but we finished well and created alot of chances. I'm not happy about the possession stat though, and had they kept eleven men on the field it maty have been different as they dominated for the last 25mins of the first half.

Still, it was a morale boosting win ahead of a home qualifier against Poland towards the end of March.

Looking very good so far,hope it can be another successful season.Still a cracking win over Spain even if they did have ten men.

It's sure going to be exciting. Hopefully it is still as close when City come to the Liberty.

Nice win over Belgium as Purefun shakes his head.

I beat Spain, he just wanted to know where the Belgium players were now plying their trade.

Thomas Lewis' Career - 2016/17 - Swansea City

League Cup Final

How We Got To The Final

lcruntothefinal201617.png

As with a couple of other seasons we didn't have the toughest run to the final, but as the old saying goes; "You can only beat what is put infrnt of you".

The Final

vs.Chelsea

lcfinalvschelseafeb2017.png

Four in a row! Ok this was the least convincing of them all, but in a final I don't mind how we do it as long as we get the result we want. Scott Sinclair yet again saved us, this time in the fourth minute of injury time, but not long after I was tearing my hair out when his second penalty smashed the post! However, we won it without the need for penalties when a stunnig run and cross from Carlos Vela set up Jason Malpass to give us victory in the 121st minute of the game.

As I said previously, we have now won the League Cup four times in a row, and in doing so equalled the record which was set by Liverpool back in the 1980's.

Thomas Lewis' Career - February 2017 - Swansea City

Premier League

plfixturesfeb2017.png

pltablefeb2017.png

Sloppy month, and one that now makes our next match at home to Manchester City even more crucial than it already was. We bossed the game against Everton, but when one of their center backs gets a rating of 8.6 and the Man of the Match award, you know it just isn't going to go for you. It was a similar story against West Brom really, only they scored with their only shot on target after a **** up between Michel Vorm and Kyle Bartley. We bunced back with a comfortable win over Fulham, but with us playing in the League Cup final City were able to pull three points clear, leaving us with agame in hand to negotiate.

FA Cup 5th Round

facfixturesfeb2017.png

Great performance from the lads. Papiss Cisse hasn't had the best of seasons due to injury, but he really put in a performance here. Not our usual dominat selves in terms of possession, but we restricted them to just six shots, none of which were on target.

In the quarter finals we face Crystal Palace at the Liberty.

February 2017 Continued

League Cup

lcfixturesfeb2017.png

As was said a couple of posts up, this was our fourth League Cup victory in a row. One of our poorer performances this season, but we won the trophy nevertheless, and thus gave me my seventh trophy, (that is including the Pepsi All-Star Cup, so could really call it sixth), with Swansea.

Champions League - 1st Knockout Round, 1st Leg

clfixturesfeb2017.png

A really top performance from us, putting us in a very commanding position ahead of the second leg at the Liberty. Just like with the FA Cup, Papiss Cisse showed up for another big game and now four of his seven goals this season have come in the Champions League.

Another League Cup triumph, going well in the league and should be in the Semi-Final of the FA Cup. This has the makings of a fantastic season.

Add in the Champions League, and there's even a possibility of doing the quadruple.......you know, in my dreams!

Very close race.

It's even closer now, but you'll have to wait until i'm home from work to see that in my March update!

Archived