Tomtuck's First FM Career Adventure

tomtuck01

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Deservedly so too! tough decision on weather to stay or not would be horrible to see a new manager come in and ruin what you have created, i'd possibly stay one more season and try to replicate to the best of your abilities the amazing season you've just had.

I see a few pro's and con's for both to be honest, and I've just about come to a decision.......

Not surprised to see you honoured.

I just hope that if I leave the club then I'm not automatically wiped frm the list!

Just read it all - WOW! Great story :thup: Well Done!
Just read it, and you are a superb manager! Well done

Thanks alot chaps, much appreciated. :thup:

160px-England_crest_2009.svg.png

Thomas Lewis' Career - June 2017 - England

World Cup Qualifying

wcqfixturesjune2017.png

wcqtablejune2017.png

A stunningly dominant performance from us, albeit against San Marino wh played with ten men for over an hour. Wayne Rooney kept up his amazing England form with another hattrick, and Swansea man Jason Malpass got his first England goal in our 7-0 victory. Our next qualifying match is away in the Ukraine, before a likely group decider at home to France.

Thomas Lewis' Career - June 2017 - England

Interational Friendly

friendlyvsswedenjune201.png

In preperation for the Confederations Cup in Russia, we travelled to Sweden for a final friendly, and we had a real competitive game which swung this way and that. Eventually we came away with the win, which was thoroughly deserved.

In just a few days time the squad for the Confederations Cup is named, and I'm hoping Scott Sinclair will be available after missing these games because of an ankle ligament injury.

I have to say that I really enjoyed reading this career. Taking Swansea to CL glory is a magnificent achievement and I am sure the temptation is there to leave on the highest possible way with the quadruple.

Will you take a year out of club management and go for glory with England at the World Cup? Will a new offer in the summer temp you into a different league for a new challenge? Will Swansea break the bank to keep their most successful manager ever?

Looking forward to the next update.

I have to say that I really enjoyed reading this career. Taking Swansea to CL glory is a magnificent achievement and I am sure the temptation is there to leave on the highest possible way with the quadruple.

Will you take a year out of club management and go for glory with England at the World Cup? Will a new offer in the summer temp you into a different league for a new challenge? Will Swansea break the bank to keep their most successful manager ever?

Looking forward to the next update.

Thanks alot for your kind words. :)

If i do leave, then as i have said previously it would be to focus my attention fully on England in preparation for the 2018 World Cup. From there it would take a monster offer to persuade me back into club management before the World Cup is over

I have to admit i am leaning towards leaving the Swans. I think my job is done here and that their is little else to achieve.

An announcement will be made at around 8pm this evening.

Mate you are a god; winning the quadruple and going undefeated in the same season!?!? Definitely the greatest FM achievement I've seen. I think you should leave Swansea, it really won't get much better and you could easily spend years trying to replicate that season.

Mate you are a god; winning the quadruple and going undefeated in the same season!?!? Definitely the greatest FM achievement I've seen. I think you should leave Swansea, it really won't get much better and you could easily spend years trying to replicate that season.

I think "god" is a bit much, for now. ;)

I keep thinking back to the away game against Inter in the group stage of the Champions League. If only we'd avoided defeat in that game, we'd have then gone the whole season without losing in every competition!

newsponsorshipdealmay20.png

A great sponsorhip deal for Swansea which will earn the club £12million over the next five years.

stadiumexpansionmay2017.png

Excellent news for the Swans. The capacity of the Libberty Stadium will be 45,000 when it is complete, which is more than double the capacity of the ground when I took over.

youthfacilitiesupgradem.png

This is easily the best news. It's something I've been requesting for a long time, and finally the board have taken it upon themselves to start upgrading the facilities.

Thomas Lewis Career - June 2017

resigningfromswanseajun.png

Statement released by Thomas Lewis;

It is with great sadness and a heavy heart that I have decided to stand down as manager of Swansea City.

Over the last four years I have had the most wonderful of times, and that has made this decision all the more difficult for me to make.

However, when I was appointed England manager a year ago, I, along with the Football Association, and the board of Swansea City, agreed that I would take the job on a part-time basis so that I could continue my work with Swansea. We agreed that come the end of the season the situation would be reviewed ahead of the Confederations Cup so we could all decide whether I could continue to perform both roles.

Following the long and successful season we have just gone through at Swansea, I have come to the decision myself that the time is right for me to step down as manager of Swansea City so that I can devout my time fully to the England job.

With just a year to the World Cup I feel that the national team needs my full and undivided attention, and do not feel I can do that whilst I remain with Swansea. These are the reasons I have decided to step down. This decision was mine and mine alone, and I was put under no pressure from the Football Association to make this decision.

I would like to thank all the players and staff who have worked at the club over the last four years for their tireless efforts in helping to bring success to this great club. I would also like to thank the chairman, Huw Jenkins, and the rest of the board for putting their full trust and belief in me.

But most of all I would like to thank the fans. Their unwavering support over the years has been a source of great inspiration to me, and I hope that whoever follows me as manager will continue to give them the success they deserve.

staffleavingswanseajune.png

Here is my record with Swansea City;

swanearecordjune2017.png

Cups Win

1 UEFA Champions League

1 FA Cup

4 League Cups

1 Community Shield

1 Pepsi All Star Trophy

(I of course don't count the Pepsi All Star Trophy, but it amongst the eight listed on my record)

Good decision a season like that would be extremely hard to follow. Looking forward to seeing the World Cup and perhaps even more interested in what club job you take next. As you know be prepared for your successor to completely ruin the work you did at Swansea. Good luck dude.

Good decision a season like that would be extremely hard to follow. Looking forward to seeing the World Cup and perhaps even more interested in what club job you take next. As you know be prepared for your successor to completely ruin the work you did at Swansea. Good luck dude.

I certainly won't look forward to checking on how they are doing after my departure.

To my pleasant surprise I have remained on thie "Icons" list. Never seen that before after departing a club.

I certainly won't look forward to checking on how they are doing after my departure.

To my pleasant surprise I have remained on thie "Icons" list. Never seen that before after departing a club.

Especially after resigning, I am sure people have claimed you remain on it if your contract runs out.

Just a word of warning, I am sure a few people on here me included have fallen to the curse of the Confederations Cup, under performed and got sacked.

Especially after resigning, I am sure people have claimed you remain on it if your contract runs out.

Just a word of warning, I am sure a few people on here me included have fallen to the curse of the Confederations Cup, under performed and got sacked.

Really? Like I said, never seen it before.

Hmmmmm if I was to get the sack then I don't think I'd have a shortage of job offers. ;)

Really? Like I said, never seen it before.

Hmmmmm if I was to get the sack then I don't think I'd have a shortage of job offers. ;)

I remember a couple of people claiming it in GD but I have never seen it. I am glad it happens though seems stupid not to have it in the game.

Pretty sure you won't get sacked and even more sure that a new job would be no problem.

Thomas Lewis Career - June 2017 - England

Confederations Cup Squad

englandsquadforconfeder.png

It may look like I have been biased towards my former Swansea players with the squad selection, but they are all there on merit. The one who I guess will be of the biggest surprise to you is Leon Britton. But he was called up to the squad for my first game after Jack Rodwell withdrew through injury, and he hasn't looked back. In his nine England caps so far, he has an average rating of 7.34, with one assist and a pass success rate of 91%. To say he doesn't deserve his place would be absurd.

Starting XI For First Game

staringxiforfirstgamecc.png

Jack Wilshere will come into the side for Tom Cleverley when he has served his one match suspension, and Scott Sinclair will be in the line-up ahead of Danny Welbeck once he has regained full fitness.

Very brave choice. I'd find it so hard to leave after everything. Even after falling a bit from a brief moment as English and European champions (with some aging players and money running out), I found it hard enough to leave my FM11 Ipswich side that I backtracked the first time, and decided to make a hasty return after I did so, I just couldn't bear to leave a side I'd grown very fond of.

Very brave choice. I'd find it so hard to leave after everything. Even after falling a bit from a brief moment as English and European champions (with some aging players and money running out), I found it hard enough to leave my FM11 Ipswich side that I backtracked the first time, and decided to make a hasty return after I did so, I just couldn't bear to leave a side I'd grown very fond of.

I thought it was a case of now or never to be honest. If I'd have stayed on and not had such a successful season next term, I'd have wanted to stay on the regain the success of this season.

Hello again Tom, would it possible to get a screenshot of your tactical instructions? as i love the way you have your team set up and playing, i have similar formation and i was just hoping your current tactic could maybe help me tweak mine to make it as effective as possible.

Hello again Tom, would it possible to get a screenshot of your tactical instructions? as i love the way you have your team set up and playing, i have similar formation and i was just hoping your current tactic could maybe help me tweak mine to make it as effective as possible.

I'll post a screenshot later when i'm home from work. :thup:

Amazing work with Swansea, looks like they are in safe hands with Benitez :lol:.

Good luck with England!

Cheers. :thup:

Not convinced that Benitez is the right man myself, i can see the same thing happening that did at Internazionale when he replaced Mourinho. But he has started by making a couple of good signings so i'll be keeping an eye on how things go there.

I'll also have to hope that my England players continue to get regular football under him.

Thomas Lewis Career - England

Confederations Cup 2017

Group Stage

ccgroupstages2017.png

ccgrouptable2017.png

A pretty good group stage for us, even though we did end up finishing second on goal difference. We started with a confident 3-0 win over New Zealand. We should have converted our domination into more goals, but still it was good start to the tournament. We kept things up against Colombia with another solid win, and with the Ivory Coast wniing against New Zeland later in the day, it meant we were through to the semi-final stage.

In our final group game against Ivory Coast, we had to win to top the group as they had a superior goal difference. However, I decided to rest players who's fitness had dipped a little and those on a yellow card. They gave us a really tough game, but had it not been for a late error then we would have won the game. As it was, it finished 2-2.

Other Group Standings

ccothergrouptable2017.png

Brazil were negative in winning this group, drawing 1-1 with South Korea, and beating Mexico and Russia 1-0. The hosts, Russia, were very poor indeed and are not looking in good shape for the World Cup next year.

Because of our failure to wn our group, we would face Brazil in the semi finals.

Confederations Cup 2017 Continued

Semi Finals

ccsemifinals2017.png

ccsemivsbrazil2017.png

A really top performance. We scored our goals early and from then on our job was pretty simple - stop them. We did it well, keeping decent possession while creating some chances to add to our lead. I loved how we played in this game to be honest, to restrict them to just four attempts was excellent.

Final

v.Mexico

ccfinalvsmexico2017.png

My first international tournament won! It wasn't a great performance, and Mexico are a very good side. But we just about came through in the end. The attempts at goal/on target stats make it look like they dominated, but of those 27 attempts only two of them were clear cut chances, and eleven were long shots. Of our 16 attempts, four were clear cut chances and only five were long shots. That reflects that we made the better chances, and on that basis I felt we deserved it. Just.

Also, great to See a Swansea player make such an impact!

fansreactioncc2017.png

Hopefully they will have something even bigger to thank me for after next years World Cup!

malpassccgoldenball2017.png

malpassccgoldenshoe2017.png

Great to see a player from my former club Swansea have such a great tournament. He got four assists to add to his goals, and even outshone talisman Wayne Rooney who managed two goals and three assists!

Great warm up for the real thing, well done.

Love Malpass winning the Golden Shoe.

Cheers.

Malpass is the perfect player for me on this save; a former Manchester United youngster who was excellent for me at Swansea!

No curse on you.

Thankfully not!

Thomas Lewis Career - September 2017 - England

World Cup Qualifying

sseptember2017.png

wcqtableseptember2017.png

A very good couple of qualifiers for us.

Without Kyle Walker, Kyle Naughton, and Kieran Gibbs through injury, we had a fair bit of reshuffling to do at the back as we had none of our thre main fullbacks available. Chirs Smalling was therefore moved to rightback and Kyle Bartley started as Phil Jones centre back partner. Leighton Baines, who had not made an appearance since I took over, was recalled to give us some experience at left back. Also ur talisman Wayne Rooney was missing, which meant Jason Malpass started upfront and Danny Welbeck at AMR. It wasn't a great performance at all, but we came away from a tricky game with a 1-0 win, meaning that we headed into the France game still two points ahead of them.

A win against the France would all but ensure qualification for the World Cup. We were again without the players mentioned above, and also Henri Lansbury had picked up a knock against Ukraine, so Josh McEachran came into the side. It proved an inspired move, as with the game heading towards a draw, McEachran slotted home from the edge of the area after a Scott Sinclair pull back with twelve minutes to go. Sinclair then made it 2-0 in stoppage time to more or less seal qualification.

Next up we are away in Lithuania, and we finish the qualifying campaign with a trip to Poland.

Great work winning the Confederations Cup. All seemed destined for you to get knocked out by Brazil but brilliant performance. You also continue to go from strength to strength in your qualifying group :thup:.

Archived