FM2012 English Pyramid level 14 with revamped youth system (in progress)

Golden eagles

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I've tried running more tests to see if the high U18 team reputations are having an effect on the quality of the youth players being generated but unfortunately my laptop isn't the fastest and its taking an hour to holiday just 1 game week :( At this rate it'll be days or weeks before I know for sure.

I think this DB is a fantastic effort from Golden Eagles, but really is only for those who have high end gaming PC's that can run all the leagues and all the youth leagues and cups in a realsitic timeframe. A stripped down version would be a good idea imho, removing all the youth leagues from say below Level 4 or 5, and also a lot of the county cups too if GE or someone more editor savvy wants to give it a go. I've had a look and tried but I kept running into problems, so I'll be going back to playing an older level 8 DB for now.

I think this DB is a fantastic effort from Golden Eagles, but really is only for those who have high end gaming PC's that can run all the leagues and all the youth leagues and cups in a realsitic timeframe. A stripped down version would be a good idea imho, removing all the youth leagues from say below Level 4 or 5, and also a lot of the county cups too if GE or someone more editor savvy wants to give it a go. I've had a look and tried but I kept running into problems, so I'll be going back to playing an older level 8 DB for now.

It's worth noting that the database down to Level 14 would run smoothly, even with the county cups, however, it's down to the revamped youth setups which seems to be slowing it down.

Personally i'd be fine with just the normal under 18 setup which comes with the game.

It's worth noting that the database down to Level 14 would run smoothly, even with the county cups, however, it's down to the revamped youth setups which seems to be slowing it down.

Personally i'd be fine with just the normal under 18 setup which comes with the game.

As a test I stripped out the youth setup and all the leagues, left all the county/league cups in, runs much quicker. Only issue now is the fantastic players that everyone has. If you want a quick, mostly unrealistic rise up the leagues, at a quicker pace, I have the file, but if I were you, I'd wait until the file is released with more realistic players available at Level 14 etc.

Right, after a busy morning I'm now back to try and sort a few things out. I agree with above that its all the Youth setups that are making the database slow as I've used a Level 11 database with County Cups and it runs smoothly

As a test I stripped out the youth setup and all the leagues, left all the county/league cups in, runs much quicker. Only issue now is the fantastic players that everyone has. If you want a quick, mostly unrealistic rise up the leagues, at a quicker pace, I have the file, but if I were you, I'd wait until the file is released with more realistic players available at Level 14 etc.

Could you share that file please? I'd really like to get a game with this update even if it only ends up being short term, I'm happy not adding players and just putting a team together instead until we get that updated file. Just really want to be able to enjoy being at my level. Of course, the youth issues will probably still ruin the game long term, but a season or two won't matter!

Well to be honest as none of the database that have been uploaded on here have worked for me in terms of loading up, I'll just wait. I know it'll work someday for me but I'd rather have realistic players.

Could you share that file please? I'd really like to get a game with this update even if it only ends up being short term, I'm happy not adding players and just putting a team together instead until we get that updated file. Just really want to be able to enjoy being at my level. Of course, the youth issues will probably still ruin the game long term, but a season or two won't matter!

Sure thing, give me 5 mins :D

It's either the Youth team Divisions being out or you need to load all the way down

I'm thinking it could be the seeding rules. Changing them to "Random Teams" may mean it picks random teams for each round. So "Seeding by Division Reputation" may have been the correct setting afterall. I've checked the FA Cup seeding rules on other people's DB's and they have them set to Seeding by Division Reputation, as far as I know they work properly.

I'm thinking it could be the seeding rules. Changing them to "Random Teams" may mean it picks random teams for each round. So "Seeding by Division Reputation" may have been the correct setting afterall. I've checked the FA Cup seeding rules on other people's DB's and they have them set to Seeding by Division Reputation, as far as I know they work properly.

Must be.

Just loaded up a new game down to level 14 and Arsenal and other Prem clubs are in the FA Cup preliminary rounds.

Hmm, that's strange. Do the numbers match up with the divisions and the number of teams in the cup?

Yep, been through that, but its number one in the list of the Cup Comps so I reckon if that's fixed the one below it will fail

Yep, been through that, but its number one in the list of the Cup Comps so I reckon if that's fixed the one below it will fail

Don't get how they'd be affected though as the FA Trophy is Levels 5-8 and the Anglian Combination Cup is below Level 11. Have you tried deleting the cup and making it again? (Deleting through nation rules and adding it to the nation rules again)

Sounds as though the best way forward is to strip down Golden Eagles' DB so that it only includes leagues down to level 14 as it sounds like there problems running the game at a practical speed due to too much processing.

In an ideal world, county cups and the revamped under 18 set up would be great. However, I'm sure most people would sacrifice these for the sake of making the game speeds bearable.

I really think someone from SI should help us to make this great, as we all here apparently are in doubt about how the mecanisms really work in the editor. Please someone from SI step up!!

Kenneth, Denmark.

ABSOLUTELY! Get this quote seen!

Sounds as though the best way forward is to strip down Golden Eagles' DB so that it only includes leagues down to level 14 as it sounds like there problems running the game at a practical speed due to too much processing.

In an ideal world, county cups and the revamped under 18 set up would be great. However, I'm sure most people would sacrifice these for the sake of making the game speeds bearable.

Yeah, I can't play it with all the youth leagues unfortunately. Its just too much processing time. Hopefully GE will make a 'lite' version for those having the same issues as mentioned earlier in the thread.

Am I detecting a collective sigh of disappointment and mutual throwings in of the towel? I made a somewhat prescient post exactly one week ago (post #592) which I think bears repeating:

I'll also add that in my opinion the project GEs set himself is so massive and complex that despite rigorous testing, it is almost inevitable that once it's released and hoardes of us start playing it, a few problems will be uncovered. Heck, if the enormous human resources of SI can't get a game out bug-free, what chance does one amateur working alone have? So I urge fans to be patient and tolerant of GE, and to accept it might take a couple of false starts before we can deeply launch into a save. But when we do, it will be worth it!

I hope GE returns to this thread soon and that a bunch of you can get together and iron out these hitches. I have faith in the collective who, together, will achieve what one loan individual cannot.

:thup: chaps

Archived