FM2012 English Pyramid level 14 with revamped youth system (in progress)

Golden eagles

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was shocked by the standard of players that were generated at Level 13 and I couldn't bring myself to play it with them because it was just too unrealistic. I'm not looking to fly up the leagues particularly, I just want to enjoy the challenge of managing (relatively) realistically at that level rather than just using super newgens.

The problem I'm having is, as others have stated, the load time. Of course I knew it wasn't going to be lightning fast but even with only down to Level 12 activated just getting the game just to get through a day simply takes too long, I haven't managed more than three days into pre-season before giving up. I've had level 12 databases on FM11 and also the 7 & 8 database for FM12 and they have acceptable loading times, but the loading for this database just isn't practical for a game of any length, it takes much too long. I'm only loading the English Leagues down to Level 12, a medium database with every player based in England (no players added to teams), that gives me 22,000 players and 4.5 stars for game speed and yet this still happens, can anyone help? My laptop isn't a slow one.

The Northumberland Senior Cup also doesn't seem to have been included? Still, thank you for your hard work Golden Eagles, yes there are issues but you've still opened up a fascinating game for us, it just needs fine tuning (what doesn't).

I guess that if you don't want to see 1400+ players with PA/CA 100 in the amateurs - you should not tick Add palyers to playable leagues before creating the game and then just offer contracts to greyed-out players

Will try this. Thanks.

Impressive database you created friend Golden Eagles.

I think it needs some adjustments to make it real and really realistically playable.

First, adjust the training facilities and youth teams of all levels 10 to 14 to set values ​​to reality. Today hundreds of youth with PA between 130-140 appear in every game. Also many teams level 13 or 14 for example has many players with 90 to 105 CA. This is looking outside programs that randomly some teams may have 15 or 20 in the values ​​of their facilities.

Second, add the reserve teams in the lower leagues so that way there are no divisions with 5,6,7 or 8 teams for example.

It's only constructive criticism. Not leaving it to assess the immense work done by the author.

Could someone who understand the editor please do this? Especially the fix with the players that are to good - it's a really shame, because I like the challenge.

Will try this. Thanks.

Could someone who understand the editor please do this? Especially the fix with the players that are to good - it's a really shame, because I like the challenge.

I'm currently going through the good players by changing the Youth and Training reputations of every team

I'm wondering whether the problems for people (Including me) that their game doesn't load, stem from the updates i.e. the database is made on 12.1.1 (I assume) and some people could be on 12.0.4. I can't see it being a problem, but you never know!

My save game has been running, with Level 12 the lowest one and after a week, the file size is 37mb. To put that into perspective, my journeyman save where I'm now in 2029 is around 80mb. Simply way too big :/ Fantastic effort though!

I'm currently going through the good players by changing the Youth and Training reputations of every team

Also club and league reputation may have an effect on the quality of players generated at game start so it may be worth lowering them too.

Thanks for taking the lead in this Dan, I'll wait for your updates (if everyone is ammending their own little bits things can get messy - so best stick to one).

Once you're satisfied with your fixes to the Cups and PA/CA issue etc, I'll download it and undertake my mammoth task of editing all 3331 English team names so that the full club names appear in fixture lists, league tables, and the 3D match screen, like I did here...

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/280031-FM12-Full-Club-Names?highlight=full+club+names

Just a cosmetic change for those who like to see the full names of teams instead of shortended or abbreviated ones. If anyone is interested when its finished I'll provide a download link. :thup:

Also club and league reputation may have an effect on the quality of players generated at game start so it may be worth lowering them too.

Thanks for taking the lead in this Dan, I'll wait for your updates (if everyone is ammending their own little bits things can get messy - so best stick to one).

Once you're satisfied with your fixes to the Cups and PA/CA issue etc, I'll download it and undertake my mammoth task of editing all 3331 English team names so that the full club names appear in fixture lists, league tables, and the 3D match screen, like I did here...

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/280031-FM12-Full-Club-Names?highlight=full+club+names

Just a cosmetic change for those who like to see the full names of teams instead of shortended or abbreviated ones. If anyone is interested when its finished I'll provide a download link. :thup:

I am very interested in this Erimus - looking forward to it - thanks! Maybe team and league reputation should be made the possible lowest?!

I think they are highter than I put for my Isle of Man Database when most of the good players were around the 7/8 mark

Now looking back on it (looking at the database in the editor) I don't think the youth team's reputation was changed. A few clubs in level 13 had high reputation for their youth clubs.

I also noticed this, youth teams with rep of a 1000

All of my transfer targets went to professional clubs. In fact, most pro clubs have signed at least 3 players from Level 13 or 14.

In pre-season with Blyth Isabella and am thumping teams in friendlies from 4 levels above me, 7-0, 9-0, 8-3, and 10-0 so far.

I'll hold off for now. As much as I like the big scores, I'd rather earn them than automatically progressing up to at least the Conference with no effort.

I'm wondering whether the problems for people (Including me) that their game doesn't load, stem from the updates i.e. the database is made on 12.1.1 (I assume) and some people could be on 12.0.4. I can't see it being a problem, but you never know!

Im still using 12.0.4 and I have no problems.

Also it shouldnt matter which patch version you are using because the database is still the same. Its stil 12.0 database.

It's just like Barcelona B being in a lower division than Barcelona first team. Doesn't sound ridiculous at all.

Maybe ThePlaya has the same mental image as me of the manager asking if anyone in the crowd wants a game 'cos fat Dave's Fiesta blew a head gasket on the back lane and Billy's mum won't let him play until he's finished his homework.

I actually don't understand how teams from level 12-14 have reserve squads... sounds a bit ridiculous =)

Not really. I have played for Failsworth Dynamo's IRL and they have 3 teams. If for eg. you play for the 3rd team and have a few good games, the following week you might be selected to play for the 2nd team, and so on.....

Actually Failsworth Dynamo's have teams down to about Under 7's. My cousin is currently in the Under 12's and has just been scouted for Bolton. Basically a poor man's youth academy. Nothing to stop a 7 year old going through the years and eventually playing for the Seniors.

All of my transfer targets went to professional clubs. In fact, most pro clubs have signed at least 3 players from Level 13 or 14.

In pre-season with Blyth Isabella and am thumping teams in friendlies from 4 levels above me, 7-0, 9-0, 8-3, and 10-0 so far.

I'll hold off for now. As much as I like the big scores, I'd rather earn them than automatically progressing up to at least the Conference with no effort.

I played a little further and having just completed my first league fixture, a 12-0 win, with a player scoring 5, I notice that it's 3 weeks until next game, then about 5 weeks to the next one, then 3 weeks, then another 3 weeks.

Actually, it might have already been asked, but where are all the Reserve teams in many of these leagues?

You can mass edit them, I think.

Yes you can.

Not sure if Dan is already doing this but this is the way I would do it...

Set a custom search on Clubs with Nation based as England. That'll bring up all 3331 English teams (takes a few minutes on my laptop).

On the list title bar, right click and Insert Column, select "Division".

Then its just a case of clicking on the Division title bar and it'll sort all the teams into their respective divisions.

To mass edit click on the first team in the Division list - hold shift key - select the last team on the list and simply edit them all in one go.

Theoretically you can edit all teams from each level in one go if you can sort them by league level.

Dan, if you need some help with this PM me and i'll do some editing. I've just done a test mass edit and it only took me a few minutes so it shouldn't take long between the two of us to do the whole lot.

Yes you can.

Set a custom search on Clubs with Nation based as England. That'll bring up all 3331 English teams (takes a few minutes on my laptop).

Then its just a case of clicking on the Division title bar and it'll sort all the teams into their respective divisions.

To mass edit click on the first team in the Division list - hold shift key - select the last team on the list and simply edit them all in one go.

Theoretically you can edit all teams from each level in one go if you can sort them by league level.

Cheers for that, that'll make the facilities quicker!

Yes you can.

Dan, if you need some help with this PM me and i'll do some editing. I've just done a test mass edit and it only took me a few minutes so it shouldn't take long between the two of us to do the whole lot.

Sent a PM, my eyes are starting to hurt looking at the screen for too long!

Cheers for that, that'll make the facilities quicker!

By the way if you set the Youth Coaching, Youth Recruitment, and Training to 0, the game will asign a random number to each club every time you start a new game. I *think* its based on rep too, so for low rep teams it'll asign low values for club facilities that are '0' in the database.

What I would basically do is filter all the English teams and only edit those from below the BSN/S down to L14 and set the whole lot to 0, the computer will then generate the facility level at new game start. Thats if you want to do it the quick and easy way.... if you're wanting to do it on an individual league by league basis then it'll obviously take a bit longer :)

By the way if you set the Youth Coaching, Youth Recruitment, and Training to 0, the game will asign a random number to each club every time you start a new game. I *think* its based on rep too, so for low rep teams it'll asign low values for club facilities that are '0' in the database.

What I would basically do is filter all the English teams and only edit those from below the BSN/S down to L14 and set the whole lot to 0, the computer will then generate the facility level at new game start. Thats if you want to do it the quick and easy way.... if you're wanting to do it on an individual league by league basis then it'll obviously take a bit longer :)

The problem with that is it will affect the average attendances as thats on the same screen

Archived