Calcio II: Catenaccio Reloaded

Deisler26

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

scudetto_santarcangelo.jpgSantarcangelo Calcio, July/August 2022 Review

Well, our first season in Serie A TIM was gonna be tough. We had a new board put in place and they OK'd a stadium upgrade and a youth recruitment network upgrade. Along with my youth training facility upgrade, we were looking to really cash in on last season's cup run and subsequent European adventure and promotion.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 1 Levski Sofia (UEFA Europa League Third Qualifying Round, Leg 1)

Our first ever European adventure got off to a great start as Amedeo Del Nevo netted from the penalty spot to put us into the lead just after half-time, then Giovanni Maria Piras doubled it about 20 minutes later. The late goal was a wake-up call however

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 1 Levski Sofia (UEFA Europa League Third Qualifying Round, Leg 2)

A 0-1 defeat at home meant that we were tied on aggregate, however, our two away goals were enough to see us through! However, we lost new signing Davide Petrucci for 5 months with a torn hamstring.

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 2 Dinamo Moscow (UEFA Europa League Fourth Qualifying Round, Leg 1)

we were handed VERY tough opponents in the next round and I had no illusions that we were going to struggle! However, a mistake by Buldrini and a dive by a Dinamo player to get a free-kick meant we finished the game 0-2 down and almost out.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 0 Hellas Verona (TIM Coppa Italia Third Qualifying Round)

Again, we were light on forwards, but it only took Erik Gambella 10 minutes to slot home the only goal of the game to put us into the next round.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 1 Dinamo Moscow (UEFA Europa League Fourth Qualifying Round, Leg 1)

Cristian Pinton got on the end of a swirling free-kick after just a minute to give us an unlikely hope. We were building a head of steam when a soft 30 yard shot deflected off a defender, leaving Doria stranded and totally took the wind out of our sails. The game coasted to a draw which saw us go out 1-3 on aggregate.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 3 Juventus (Serie A TIM)

Not the game I wanted to start the season with, but Erik Gambella dispossessed the defender and stroked home for an unlikely lead! However, things fell apart and we were schooled as Juve netted three goals in reply.

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 2 F.C Internazionale (Serie A TIM)

Another tough game, and one I was so short of strikers in, I was reduced to playing Amedeo Del Nevo up front with Erik Gambella. And it was Erik Gambella who opened the scoring with a cute finish to put us 1-0 up. Amedeo Del Nevo then finished high into the far corner to put us in dreamland. However, we lost two players to injury, the second after using all three subs. Then, down to 10 men, we conceded a joke penalty on 90 mins which was duly converted to give Inter the draw..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We tried hard to get in some players without compromising the youth prospects that I had or the harmony. First up was ST Raffaele Terracciano on a free from Sorrento, then ST Erik Gambella permanently from Cagliari for £375k. Youth prospect AMRLC Ferruccio Sassaroli for £50k from Ravenna also came in along with Portuguese midfielder Luca Schwartz on a free. Also coming in on a free were AMC Davide Petrucci and GK Simon Jaime. Finally, D/WBR Luca Mazza came in on loan from AS Roma.

Leaving the club was ST Wesley Verbeek for £4.2m + 50% sell on to Real Zaragoza. It was a deal too good to give up. I also sent ST Marius Lupo out on loan to Torino. A number of players went out on loan to feeder club Ancona and some youth players also went out on loan. DM Giovanni Cristofari went to Real Mallorca for £150k.

Ouch, that injury list is certainly nothing less than a crisis!

Davide Petrucci looks quality, its a shame about losing him for such a long time, and so early in the season!

You must be especially proud of that draw against Inter, but your European exploits so far have been superb!

I like that the new board is not shy about putting in the investment neccessary to help you maintain your Serie A status :)

Finally, congratulations on the big 5-0-0!

Ouch, that injury list is certainly nothing less than a crisis!

Davide Petrucci looks quality, its a shame about losing him for such a long time, and so early in the season!

You must be especially proud of that draw against Inter, but your European exploits so far have been superb!

I like that the new board is not shy about putting in the investment neccessary to help you maintain your Serie A status :)

Finally, congratulations on the big 5-0-0!

Thanks man!

Yep, Petrucci should take some of the heat off Del Nevo

The Inter draw was disappointing because of the 2-0 lead we had, but I can't be greedy I guess...

Yep, new board are definitely pumping the funds in.

And cheers, never thought I'd get this far!

Fantastic to see you finally make the big step up (again). I trust you have saved your game to 7 different files and stores them with a few friends and a local bank?

Pleasing to see Petrucci has turned into such a good player. He's done well for the Man Utd reserves lately so I have hope of him making some inroads at some point, despite basically 2 years of non-stop injuries.

Looks like a pretty decent start to Seria A life too. The Cup showed you can compete with the best, and after two tough opponents you were no destroyed. Well done and good luck for the future.

scudetto_santarcangelo.jpgSantarcangelo Calcio, September 2022 Review

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 1 Udinese (Serie A TIM)

Luca Schwartz buried a low shot just after half time to put us in the lead, but we conceded from a corner late on to get yet another draw

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 0 Juve Stabia (Serie A TIM)

'The Battle Of Santarcangelo' was a fiery affair. 12 yellow cards including two and a sending off for Giovanni Maria Piras. after only FIVE minutes. However, Sergio Corallo slammed home a low shot on 92 minutes to give us our first three points in Serie A TIM.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 1 Novara (Serie A TIM)

0-1 down from a corner, however Amedeo Del Nevo stepped up to score a priceless equaliser midway though the second half. We also had Nunzio Novelli dismissed for a second yellow on 90 mins..

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 1 Cagliari (Serie A TIM)

Mirco Doria fumbled a low cross which allowed Cagliari to score after 5 mins, but again, Amedeo Del Nevo hauled us back into it with an equaliser just after HT.

scudetto_santarcangelo.jpgSantarcangelo Calcio, October 2022 Review

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 0 Palermo (Serie A TIM)

Sergio Corallo scored an early goal that gave us a fantastic win over the seminal Serie A TIM side.

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 1 Fiorentina (Serie A TIM)

In a sad replay of last year's TIM Coppa Italia final, we again lost 0-1 to Fiorentina.

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 3 Sampdoria (Serie A TIM)

We had Amedeo Del Nevo dismissed for a second yellow on 78 mins and that was the best thing about today.

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 1 S.S Lazio (Serie A TIM)

Lazio are in trouble and we dumped yet more on them by way of a Erik Gambella double to give us a vital 2-1 win.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 0 Torino (Serie A TIM)

Welcome back, Amedeo Del Nevo! His goal seperated the two sides and gave us a lift.

scudetto_santarcangelo.jpgSantarcangelo Calcio, November 2022 Review

Santarcangelo Calcio 3 - 0 AC Milan (Serie A TIM)

UNbelievably, we put three past AC again! However, we had a lot of help. After a Milan player was sent off after only 6 mins, we gradually came into the game. Francesco Valentini headed us ahead on 36 minutes, then we saw ANOTHER Milan player sent off on the stroke of HT. A horrific deflection, given as an own goal put us 2-0 up and late on, full back Alessandro Mirko Fagni slid home at the far post to poke home the third.

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 0 Brescia (Serie A TIM)

Goals from Luca Mazza and Luca Buldrini, both from corners, gave us a cracking win.

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 0 Parma (Serie A TIM)

A game more notable for the 10 offside decisions given against Parma than any scoreline.

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 1 Brescia (TIM Coppa Italia Fourth Qualifying Round)

No Cup heroics this year as an 85th minute winner put us out in a dull game.

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 4 Napoli (Serie A TIM)

Oh, so THAT'S where Serie A went... I figured it might have been easy.....

scudetto_santarcangelo.jpgSantarcangelo Calcio, December 2022 Review

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 1 ChievoVerona (Serie A TIM)

Nggh.

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 0 Atalanta (Serie A TIM)

My touchline ban came into force in this match and I could do nothing but snooze through this one.

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 2 Genoa (Serie A TIM)

No goals in six. Two points from eighteen. Serie A TIM is biting back

------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not sure on any purchases during this transfer window, but I think I may get rid of Raffaele Terraccino who hasn't scored since he's got to the club and has only a 6.58 average rating.

Archived