Calcio II: Catenaccio Reloaded

Deisler26

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

scudetto_santarcangelo.jpgSantarcangelo Calcio, October 2021 Review

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 1 Sorrento (Lega Serie Bwin)

This season is killing us. We're constantly running with only two fit strikers and one of those is ALWAYS a youth player..

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 2 Hellas Verona (Lega Serie Bwin)

We went behind to an own goal, then Wesley Verbeek equalled it up. Having gone behind again, we again hauled ourselves level on 87 minutes as Giovanni Cristofari's first touch took him past the desparing goalkeeper and left him with a tap-in.

Santarcangelo Calcio 3 - 0 Sassuolo (Lega Serie Bwin)

Marius Lupo fired us ahead. That, added to Amedeo Del Nevo's fierce strike and Wesley Verbeek's placed shot meant that we had an excellent riposte to the doubters in the media

Santarcangelo Calcio 5 - 0 AlbinoLeffe (Lega Serie Bwin)

Interesting stat. By the end of this match, we had played them 5 times in my career. They had scored two goals and we had scored sixteen.. Marius Lupo opened the scoring, before Wesley Verbeek took centre stage with a hat-trick. Sebastian Mladen then topped it all off with a header.

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 3 Padova (Lega Serie Bwin)

Verbeek out injured, we had just Lupo and a youth player up front. We paid the penalty.

Santarcangelo Calcio 3 - 0 Bassano (Lega Serie Bwin)

Amedeo Del Nevo netted the opener, Marius Lupo doubled our lead then Giovanni Maria Piras, a first-year youth player, scored his first ever senior goal for the club.

Picking up after a few weeks away from FMCU. Saying you've had some bad luck is an understatement... that late extra time playoff defeat... the constant crash dumps... ouch. I'd have thrown the game in the bin after kicking the disc around in frustration if I ever had as many crash dumps as you have. I have no idea how do you find the motivation to persist regardless.

Unfortunately looks like your side is going backwards in results this new season, I'm quite surprised to see that. Serie B is proving a very long purgatory for Santarcangelo.. at least the youth players are good.

Picking up after a few weeks away from FMCU. Saying you've had some bad luck is an understatement... that late extra time playoff defeat... the constant crash dumps... ouch. I'd have thrown the game in the bin after kicking the disc around in frustration if I ever had as many crash dumps as you have. I have no idea how do you find the motivation to persist regardless.

Unfortunately looks like your side is going backwards in results this new season, I'm quite surprised to see that. Serie B is proving a very long purgatory for Santarcangelo.. at least the youth players are good.

Thanks man. I carry on because I'm enjoying it really. No other way! :p

It does look like the side is going backwards this season and it's worrying me! So far, I've spent 4 seasons per league, so I'm on the third season here.

scudetto_santarcangelo.jpgSantarcangelo Calcio, November 2021 Review

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 0 Lecce (Lega Serie Bwin)

UNfamiliar strikeforce, but Amedeo Del Nevo put us in front, then set up Carlo Alberto Vinci to kill the game off with a second.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 1 Juve Stabia (Lega Serie Bwin)

A horrible game for us where we took the lead thanks to Amedeo Del Nevo, then suffered injuries to Sergio Corallo and Stefano Guarardi before they equalised on 82 minutes.

Santarcangelo Calcio 3 - 0 Cremonese (Lega Serie Bwin)

Amedeo Del Nevo's tap in continued his fine form and Wesley Verbeek's placed shot plus Giovanni Cristofari's late effort meant we had a good result with a hotchpotch side

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 0 Piacenza (TIM Coppa Italia Fourth Qualifying Round)

Marius Lupo made it an interesting game by getting himself a straight red for a studs-up challenge on 25 mins. However, Carlo Alberto Vinci hit a goal in each half to put us into the First Round proper..

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 1 Nocerina (Lega Serie Bwin)

Marius Lupo tapped home a rebound to put us 1-0 up, then Sebastian Mladen headed home to give us a win that took us into 4th

scudetto_santarcangelo.jpgSantarcangelo Calcio, December 2021 Review

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 0 Empoli (Lega Serie Bwin)

A late Sebastian Mladen header brought home the spoils in this one.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 0 Grosseto (Lega Serie Bwin)

Sergio Corallo injured himself AGAIN during the match. That's 11 out of 18 games he's missed this season, however his replacement Carlo Alberto Vinci slotted home our only shot on target on 71 mins.

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 1 Torino (Lega Serie Bwin)

We were terrible in this easy win for Torino

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 0 Livorno (Lega Serie Bwin)

Amedeo Del Nevo put us ahea with a stroke of sheer genius early on and, with just 10 minutes to go, Sebastian Mladen's header was palmed into the net for an OG.

---------------------------------------------------------

We finish 2021 in 2nd place in Lega Serie Bwin. Cant see any need for any incomings during this window except for maybe a loan striker. No outgoings either, unless my chairman has anything to do with it...

---------------------------------------------------------

[video=youtube_share;RLZzoSCkvqo]

Bloody hell if it is. Sure hope you are using rolling saves in at least 3 files.

There is also a very long list of applications steam doesn't like, which I suppose may cause crashes or other muckups, though I'm less sure if that can corrupt saves too.

For now I just hope you got a player injured or something else damn annoying but less severe. The chairman sold off a certain goalie again?

Save deleted again?
Bloody hell if it is. Sure hope you are using rolling saves in at least 3 files.

There is also a very long list of applications steam doesn't like, which I suppose may cause crashes or other muckups, though I'm less sure if that can corrupt saves too.

For now I just hope you got a player injured or something else damn annoying but less severe. The chairman sold off a certain goalie again?

Oh, it's quite the opposite, I assure you. Holy crap....

scudetto_santarcangelo.jpgSantarcangelo Calcio, January 2022 Review

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 0 Crotone (Lega Serie Bwin)

After 21 games and 25 hours played, Sergio Corallo scored his first goal of the season.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 0 FC Internazionale (TIM Coppa Italia First Round)

HOLY COW! We took the lead on 4 mins when Giovanni Cristofari slammed the ball home from an angle after being played in and then it was a backs-to-the-wall job. Yet, despite Inter's dominance of the stats, they had 0 shots on target. I was biting my nails by the end, but the final whistle blew and I had the greatest result of my managerial career to date!.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 2 Reggina (Lega Serie Bwin)

Sergio Corallo put us 1-0 up, but it was a case of 'After The Lord Mayor's Show' as we lost 1-2 to a late 30 yard swerving drive.

Santarcangelo Calcio 5 - 0 Catania (Lega Serie Bwin)

An own-goal set us on our way, before Wesley Verbeek's double and a goal from both Marius Lupo and his replacement Sergio Corallo put the seal on a fine victory

Santarcangelo Calcio 4 - 0 Catania (TIM Coppa Italia Quarter Final)

Our second encounter in four days saw Wesley Verbeek give us the lead and goals from Mario Nosdeo, Cristian Pinton and Sergio Corallo put us into the Semi Final against AC Milan

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 1 Piacenza (Lega Serie Bwin)

A game where everything was against us. Loan siging Eric Gambella scored his first goal for the club, then was injured and had to be subbed. They scored on an offside goal via a bad deflection and then, in the 85th minute, we were denied a stone cold penalty, which I ranted about in the press after. No action was taken.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Just the one incoming player, ST Eric Gambella on loan from Cagliari

------------------------------------------------------------------

[video=youtube_share;76JT7QLHr0Q]

[video=youtube_share;2gyKW5WsCCM]

get in there. Not quite the tycoon I was hoping for but thats a super result.

Not to take the sheen off it, but huge teams constantly doing this since the new patch, think it could be to do with motivation to play lower opposition.

scudetto_santarcangelo.jpgSantarcangelo Calcio, February 2022 Review

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 1 Pescara (Lega Serie Bwin)

This team's tendancy to face-plant when close to a goal became apparent again.

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 2 Varese (Lega Serie Bwin)

A Wesley Verbeek double set us on the road, but we then conceded two in the last ten minutes to stumble yet again.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 1 A.C Milan (TIM Coppa Italia Semi Final, Leg 1)

Amedeo Del Nevo stunningly put us ahead early on, however a debatable trip on a Milan midfielder gifted them a penalty which drew them level and gave them the away goal.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 0 Vicenza (Lega Serie Bwin)

A Wesley Verbeek goal gave us the win which we desperately needed

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 1 Sorrento (Lega Serie Bwin)

This game was over in the first 10 minutes/ They took the lead, but Sergio Corallo pulled us level with a cool finish on 10 mins.

Archived