Sports Interactive Community
Purefun

Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

To the same girl from a few years ago? Did you get that job permanently then? Still in the same job as last years visit from you. Help coach cricket now and captain our Sunday team as well. Lost 2 and a half stone in 14 weeks as well. I'm starting to notice it properly now.

Most of their interaction is on twitter these days.

And chin up tom, just stay away from the beer for a while, doesn't seem to be helping you whilst you're in this state (judging by your late-night tweets ;))

My chin is up. I enjoy my drunken nonsense on twitter.........I wake up the following morning and have a good giggle.

pfft Twitter

guess i'm getting old, barely use Facebook :D

Join twitter and follow me.......it's the best soap opera ever. Especially when I've been on the lash and have a mental breakdown. :thup:

I remember people laughing in this thread when I said Rodgers took the Liverpool job far too soon.

It doesn't take a new thread to bring back life, it just takes people to start talking again :D

But we need new regulars to start posting, and we'll struggle to get any new posters in this old, tatty thread :D

I remember people laughing in this thread when I said Rodgers took the Liverpool job far too soon.

Good manager. Will be appalled if we sack him at any point really.

Congratulations :applause:

How long is it you've been out of the Football League for?

Martin Allen, wow, there's a name I haven't heard for years :D Last I saw of him, he'd put on loads of weight compared to when he was managing us for a brief spell in '07.

How come you've given him so many chances at Barnet?! :D

a mixture of stupidity and desperation, he left us a couple of times to manage over clubs in a similar situation (relegation battles) but in a higher league, he seems to be doing well now though

Really getting into Leicester games lately, they've found this fight out of nowhere :D reminds me of Pompey and the great escape. Hoping they stay up!

What you reckon Gizmo? You staying up?

Of course we're staying up - we're in title-winning form :p

Now 2-0 up against Southampton :D

This relegation battle is class though (for the neutrals) - everyone keeps on winning!

I have a stomach bug and I've lost 5kgs in less than 24 hours.

Jesus Christ NF, go see your doctor.

I assume you've eaten 5kg worth of food/water prior... and have just puked/crapped it out.

Nope. Last proper meal was Thursday night. Since Friday I've managed about 10 digestive biscuits, some water/juice, ready salted crisps, bread rolls, some chicken and a bacon cob. Having weighed myself tonight I've lost about 2 stone. Still not 100% though.

Nope. Last proper meal was Thursday night. Since Friday I've managed about 10 digestive biscuits, some water/juice, ready salted crisps, bread rolls, some chicken and a bacon cob. Having weighed myself tonight I've lost about 2 stone. Still not 100% though.

2 stone in in less than a week, some diet that.

Sad the way this thrrad has gone, but bound to happen I guess with so many of us twittering all the time.

For old times sake I'll have a post in here :D. Won on the Irish Lottery twice in the past week. As a whole though in a year and a half we've won about 7/8 times according to my mum. Although I thought it was 10/11 times. Either way it's not a bad return for £6 per week.

I started a new job in June, love it and despite taking a paycut it's the best decision of my life. Apart from that, that's it.

I work as an Admin Assistant for a Facilities Maintenance Company. In 2 months I've already had an increase in the amount of work I'm doing and a slight promotion on that work. It's also Monday to Friday and I don't work any later than 5pm.

Yeah indeed much better hours. Also a completely better role and much more rewarding. I don't have to spend anything on travel apart from 4 weeks a year as I get lifts as well. Finished at 4pm today and do most Fridays because it's Friday :D.

Ahhh the old early finish on a Friday....I used to do that when I worked Fridays - straight to the pub thereafter!

I work until 7pm on Friday's and start work at 8:30am on Saturday morning.

I'm a mug :(

I used to work weekends all the time. When I worked for Morrisons I would either finish at 4/5 or 9:30 on Friday before starting at 6/7/8 on Saturday morning and then start at 6/7/8 on Sunday. At the Uni I worked no weekends and finished at 4pm on a Friday I think and at TMS I worked unilt 5:30pm on a Friday and had to work one Saturday every 3, then every 4 before it turned back into 3. Where I started at 9am until 2pm.

I'm posting again goddammit. Stop :(.

I only do 8:30am - 12:00pm on Saturdays, so still get my afternoons. Oh, and I always get Sundays off - never worked on a Sunday in my life, and I intend to never do so in the future too.

NO NF - KEEP POSTING GODDAMMIT

:)

I have next week off :cool: A much needed break from work!

I think tom should reignite some interest in this thread, and tell us alllllll about his current love-life situation

*grabs popcorn*

I have cricket today and tomorrow. Captaining our Sunday side for this season and I also help out coaching in the academy section. Will be doing a coaching course this winter all being well.

In my FM13 save(Indonesia, in 2064 now), I thought I'd created a good solid tactic to reinvent us. Got trounced 4-1 in the first game of the season. Going back to my trusted 4-2-4. At least we're entertaining when we play that way.

Haven't played cricket for years now, but prefer going to watch my brother play for second XI at our local club so I can look after my nephew.

Haven't played cricket for years now, but prefer going to watch my brother play for second XI at our local club so I can look after my nephew.

Tom in liking kids shocker.

We lost :(. 51 without turned into 89 all out. I batted at 11 and got a not out 0 facing 1 ball. Took a blinding flukey catch at silly mid wicket. It ends our firsts slim hopes of promotion. Our twos defended 130 all to win by 7 runs. That should secure their safety as they were promoted last season as were out firsts.

Pleased with Pompeys opening 3 games, 7 points :)