FM12 Cut-Out Faces Megapack Thread

Mons

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Santa has decided you have all been good enough this year and that you deserve a Christmas present worthy of its name.

christmas-present.jpg

So, without further ado, I am happily announcing the release of 4.03, which is downloadable from fmdownloads.com as usual. It is slightly larger than usual, with 3,764 new or improved images for a file size of 170 MB.

This update pack takes the total image count in the MP to 96,992.

Merry Christmas everybody!!

Merry_Christmas.gif

Have you downloaded the full 4.0 pack which brings you to iirc around 92,000 images? If yes, and everything is working correctly, then you need to download 4.01, 4.02 and 4.03, in that order and place them, again in that order.

You need to copy THE CONTENTS of the update pack into the main megapack folder and agree to overwrite any duplicate images. You should only have ONE folder with all the images in there. At the end of the whole process, you should have a folder with slightly over 97,000 images.

Thanks a lot. After using the Panini-Style pics for some years now, i decided to switch to this style, for it better goes together with the Newgen pics.

When i get home, i will start downloading 4.03 complete <--- is that right?

Cheers for your superb work!!

Yep, to download the whole file, you need to be a premium member or download it via split files. If you download the full file, I strongly suggest using a download manager to ensure the file does not somehow corrupt itself mid-download.

Alternately, you could download the torrent file and then the update packs in order.

Alternately, you could download the torrent file and then the update packs in order.

Thats what I did!

But:

I deleted the config file in the update packs and made a new one using FMXML.

Works perfectly!

Next: Downloading the regen players/coaches faces :)

• 2 weeks later...

This is not the right place to make requests, use the sortitoutsi forums for that. I believe that request is already outstanding, not sure if it was you who requested it.

FanasdaBola - Why did you post that? People will see the last couple of posts and think it is acceptable to post requests here - which will mean the SI's mods will close the thread! PLEASE edit your posts and remove the images. Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

I am very happy to announce the release of 4.04, which is downloadable from fmdownloads.com as usual.

It is yet again a bumper edition, with 3,660 new or improved images for a file size of 166 MB.

This update pack takes the total image count in the MP to 99,009, inching us ever closer to the magical 100k :cool:

You're not reading the readme fully; just skimming through it.

Initially extract them to a temporary location like the Desktop. Then copy the contents of each downloaded file IN ORDER to Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2012\graphics\Megapack 4.0. The last two folders may need to be created.

Once that is all done, you should have one folder with over 99,000 images and a config.xml file.

Turn off the skin cache in the preferences -> Display and Sound menu and tick the 'Always reload skin on confirm' option to get the images to show in the game.

You're not reading the readme fully; just skimming through it.

Initially extract them to a temporary location like the Desktop. Then copy the contents of each downloaded file IN ORDER to Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2012\graphics\Megapack 4.0. The last two folders may need to be created.

Once that is all done, you should have one folder with over 99,000 images and a config.xml file.

Turn off the skin cache in the preferences -> Display and Sound menu and tick the 'Always reload skin on confirm' option to get the images to show in the game.

do i press yes to all when it's saying to?

Hello, im wondering if someone can help me here, i have the face megapack and all the updates that come with it so it fully upto date to version 4.04. I have removed the config file that came with it and made my own with fmXML but ive noticed that the config file is bigger than the one that was already with the megapack, what have i done wrong? Are there mutilple duplicates int the pack or something so thats why its bigger? Please someone helpme as its really bugging me not knowing why this is happening.

How many images in all do you have in your MP folder?

I'm not on my own PC so can't check, but is the 6.83MB config the size of the one with the latest update pack? Or is it the one with the original 4.0 file?

Where did you place the folder? The readme clearly states that the MP should be placed in Documents > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2012 > graphics. Looks to me like you put it in the game installation folder.

Visit our cut-out faces forum on sortitoutsi.net :). We have a number of threads in which you can request individual images (either missing or improved images) and whole teams. We've got a good number of excellent cutters and researchers but are always looking out for new faces to help us out.

Just make sure you read the rules ;)

backup the contents of the folder containing the game save or rename it then delete the other, once done load fm it will create a new folder then add the backup contents to that folder and then follow instructions to add this megapack.

windows 7 sometimes creates 2 folders for FM

Yea unticked it, ticked the always reload box aswel, the new pics work fantastically, just the pics that were previously there (the in game face pics) have turned to stilohettes (sp)

Edit I finally got it up and running, uninstalled and re-installed, thanks for all th support

• 2 weeks later...

You can go swivel if you think I'm helping you, to be honest.

Learn to read, yeah? :thup:

I'm not expecting appreciation for the countless hours of free time we spend on this pack for the benefit of the community, but neither do I expect the downright ignorance and self-entitlement by the user above.

Edit - this seems strange now that the posts preceding it have been removed :D

I'm happy to announce yet another bumper update pack. Yep, 4.05 is here with 3,424 new or improved images for a file size of 158MB.

This takes the amount of images in the MP to over 100,00. To be precise, it's now 101,072 and is available from the links in the OP, as usual .

The credit should really go to the many cutters and requesters who have contributed down the years and without whose work this project would not be fruitful. Here's to another 100k :thup:

A number of images are routinely removed from my MP folder due to incorrect IDs, duplicate images or other mistakes. As these images are no longer in the config file, they will not be read by the game so it shouldn't really concern you.

A number of images are routinely removed from my MP folder due to incorrect IDs, duplicate images or other mistakes. As these images are no longer in the config file, they will not be read by the game so it shouldn't really concern you.
OK thank's for the explication :thup:

Hello, i don't know where to put this question .. I'm having problems with my faces from megapack.

It worked fine on my old pc for FM12 . I bought a new notebook today. I Made sure i had a backup of my saved games, schedules and graphics. I copyed my grahpics folder into the Documents folder.

Then i loaded my save , clicked on preferences, unticked use skin cache, reload skin on confirm .. Still no pictures.

What am i doing wrong ?

Hello, i don't know where to put this question .. I'm having problems with my faces from megapack.

It worked fine on my old pc for FM12 . I bought a new notebook today. I Made sure i had a backup of my saved games, schedules and graphics. I copyed my grahpics folder into the Documents folder.

Then i loaded my save , clicked on preferences, unticked use skin cache, reload skin on confirm .. Still no pictures.

What am i doing wrong ?

Do you have Windows 7? For some reason, it creates two Sports Interactive folder in Documents - try putting it into the other one.

Do you have Windows 7? For some reason, it creates two Sports Interactive folder in Documents - try putting it into the other one.

Indeed, on my new notebook i have windows 7 . I noticed i had two folders and deleted one (the one without the graphics ..)

When i'm home i'll check if the config file is in the right folder ... i'm not sure about that.

Still not working for me.. I uninstalled FM12 , i deleted the sports interactive folder. I reinstalled it and afterwards i pasted in my new sports interactive folder , the graphics folder..

The config file is in the folder and my logo pack is working..

this is the path : C:\Users\olivier\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2012\graphics\sortitoutsi\faces

Archived