FM12 - Chelsea F.C. Thread - A Mix of Youth and Experience

William Hall

I'll stick up for William here, it took some effort to make the thread last year. It always takes more time than you'd think, and he might well be a busy man. You could say why did he volunteer to do the thread then, but no one else was offering to make it, and Chelsea needed a thread.

True, but copying the summary out of wikipedia articles for the club and each player, and inserting a ton of pictures with a few lines of analysis isn't exactly impressive.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had some trouble early on trying to find a tactic that suits the play. The 4-5-1 has given me the best results though with a mini injury crisis in my hand as well as some mishandling of team talks I'm left at third in the league 7 points behind the first place team (Tottenham?!).

Torres, despite being injured for most of the six months, have had an impressive 6 goals in 6 in the league games he's played. Drogba has two and good ol' Frankie has five. Struggling to keep a clean sheet atm, but with some more tweaking I'm sure I'll get it soon.

Romeu and McEachran are doing great for me, playing the occasional game here and there and performing well, same holds true for Ryan Bertrand as well.

Got rid of Kalou for 5 mil to Sunderland, then he turns around and scores against me in that game, figures... -__-;

As I don't have the internet to download the demo, does anyone mind uploading a screenshot of McEachran, and Sturridge as well if it's not too much?

I'm not on my home laptop to be able to send any, but there is very little difference in attributes to either as they were on patch 11.3. I don't know if there is any change in the CA and PA of either?

As a side note what are you going to do about registering the full game if you don't have the internet?!

I'm not on my home laptop to be able to send any, but there is very little difference in attributes to either as they were on patch 11.3. I don't know if there is any change in the CA and PA of either?

As a side note what are you going to do about registering the full game if you don't have the internet?!

Sorry I phrased it wrong, I do have the internet but it is painfully slow and wouldn't be able to download something that size.

And thanks, was hoping they'd be a bit better tbh.

Great to see the thread up. So far, from what i can see, FM12 looks like its going to be great and ive really been enjoying my save so far. Ive gone for the 4-3-3 as my 1st choice formation with the 4-5-1 as the second choice.

Transfers

in:

Subotic - 12.5 mill

Diame- 3.4 mill

Munian-20 mill

Thiago-Loan

Out:

Ferreira- 1 mill

Anelka- 4.5mill

Alex- 7mill

B.Clifford-600k

Malouda- 6mill

Kaloou-5 mill

Team:

GK-Cech/Hilario

DL-Cole/Bertrand

DCL-Terry/Subotic

DCR-Luiz/Ivanovic

DR-Bosingwa/Ivanovic

MCL-Thiago/Meireles

MC-Mikel/Diame/Romeo

MCR-Lampard/Meireles

STL-Mata/Munian

ST-Drogba/Lukaku

STR-Torres/Sturridge

Friendly's have been good so far- no losses.

league so far:

Fulham w -4-0

West Brom w -6-1

Swansea w -5-0

Blackburn L 3-2 ...all my central defenders were injured and had to play with ivanovic and romeu.

So far going well and enjoying the demo

Dilemna - I normally try to not sign any first team/big name players in the first transfer window. I like to use my budget on new staff and young players not yet ready for the first team.

However I do feel torn this time round, because of the availability of Tevez at the beginning of the game effectively on the cheap. He looks awesome and the idea of partnering him with Torres, with Mata in behind is very tempting!

Should I stick to my principles?

Dilemna - I normally try to not sign any first team/big name players in the first transfer window. I like to use my budget on new staff and young players not yet ready for the first team.

However I do feel torn this time round, because of the availability of Tevez at the beginning of the game effectively on the cheap. He looks awesome and the idea of partnering him with Torres, with Mata in behind is very tempting!

Should I stick to my principles?

I think you need to consider the fact that Tevez is a ****

Reached the end of the demo: 2nd in league in 46 pts, 1 behind Utd.

Topped Champions League Group, drawing Porto for knockouts.

Knocked out of Carling Cup by Everton.

Players In:

Neymar - 20M

Ganso - 10M

Douglas Costa - 6M

Srna - 5.25M

Plus clauses for each player.

Total:41.5M

Players Out:

Malouda-7.75M

Anelka-2.5M

Formation:

4-1-3-2 That's 1DMC, 1AMC, and two wingers.

GK:Cech/Hilario/Turnbull

CB:Terry/Alex

CB:Luiz/Ivanovic

RB:Srna/Bosingwa/Ivaonvic

LB:Cole/Srna/Bertrand

DM:Mikel/Ramires/Miereles

AMC:Lampard/Ganso/Miereles

RW:Neymar/Douglas Costa

LW:Mata/Ganso/Sturridge

ST (Target Man): Drogba/Lukaku

ST (Poacher):Torres/Sturridge/Neymar

Top Scorers:

Drogba-18

Lampard-16

Torres-11

Neymar-5

Top Assists:

Mata-13

Torres-13

Drogba-6

Ganso-5

I'm more shocked at Neymar for 20m... The cheapest I've seen anyone ever get him for at the moment is £42m and that's using every trick in the book to unsettle him. Wp on those transfers, definitely the best value of money I've ever seen there! ;p

Yeah I much prefer playing Mata, Torres and rotating Drogba/Sturridge/Lukaku to paying 16M + 9-10M signing on fees + huge wages for Twatez.

Yeah I think I might sell Anelka and Kalou to help fund a move for Leandro Damiao instead, and start the first season with Drogba and Torres, with Mata in the hole!

Nice goal from Lukaku :cool:

I'm in disbelief he even scored that, given he failed at easier chances. Still, he did well overall given Torres was injured and Drogba was coming from injury too (he gets put on for last 10 mins though)

Also Sime Vrsaljko is a complete boss at right back. He really took it like duck to water, even at his young age. He managed to secure that spot away from Bosingwa and Ivanovic for the whole first half of season I played. A must buy.

Anyway I normally am a classic-mode player but I decided to try out the new system here:

Defence was normal.

DMC is Anchor man or deep lying playmaker in support if I want more attacking pressure.

Lampard's position is attacking central midfielder...I wish he was younger. I hate aging!

His central partner gets advanced playmaker in support or ball-winning midfielder if I need to boost defence.

The right wing is inside forward attack, Sturridge is bossing it.

Mata on the left plays advanced playmaker support. If Malouda comes in he goes winger support.

Spearheading the attack is Torres/Drogba/Lukaku with Complete Forward in support.

Buys are listed above; my belief is Chelsea doesn't need too many, if any, expensive buys. Given wage bills and small stadium, worth to keep as much cash in the bank for future investments.

hi guys just finished my demo with chelsea found them to be really good considering doing a save with them when game comes out on friday. i found that Salomon Kalou

is very under rated he played 18 scored 6 times i got Carlos Tevez in as well. in the league we finished in URL="http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii267/ace25/EnglishPremierDivisionOverview_Stages.png"]3rdplace[/url] this was my starting XI

GK:Peter Cech

LB: Ashley Cole/Ryan Bertrand

LCB:David Luiz/Rohan Ince

RCB: John Terry//Alex/Branislav Ivanovic

RB: José Bosingwa/Branislav Ivanovic

CM:Raúl Meireles/Ramires

CM: Frank Lampard/John Obi Mikel

Left Winger: Juan Mata/Florent Malouda

Right Winger Nicolas Anelka / Carlos Tevez

Center Forward:Didier Drogba/Daniel Sturridge

Center Forward: Fernando Torres/Carlos Tevez. i sent Romelu Lukaku out on loan. we left the demo i was still in champions league knock-out carling cup semi final and on a good runn league wins as well ChelseaFixtures_Fixtures.png

So pumped about loading up full game at midnight tonight. Will most probably check the editor and compile a list of the youngsters with the best PA (fixed and variable) in the game, then load up a game and create shortlists of these. Will allow me then to just dive straight in on Friday evening after work!

Thanks to the shift rotation at work ive ended up with a 3 day weekend on FM's release, get in!

Lucky B*****d!!!

At least my wife is out tomorrow and Saturday night. My 10 month old daughter goes to bed by 6.30pm so lots of FM time over the weekend undisturbed :D

Lucky B*****d!!!

At least my wife is out tomorrow and Saturday night. My 10 month old daughter goes to bed by 6.30pm so lots of FM time over the weekend undisturbed :D

hehehe. I have my 19 month old daughter tomorrow night but she should be in bed by 7.30pm latest. Saturday night till Monday night undisturbed FM bliss, i might be a sociable b****** an go out Saturday night tho we will see how FM treats me :D!

Chabaloah looks fantastic cannot wait to develop him! :p

Lucky B*****d!!!

snap im off the morra can not wait doing chelsea save first off lol see how i do

Has anyone found instructions / tactics that get a good performance from Lampard? My CM's seem to underperform the rest of the team anyway, but with his poor pace & acceleration the game seems to bypass Frank - I'd sell him to City, but can't live with the guilt.

Has anyone found instructions / tactics that get a good performance from Lampard? My CM's seem to underperform the rest of the team anyway, but with his poor pace & acceleration the game seems to bypass Frank - I'd sell him to City, but can't live with the guilt.

What instructions are you giving him and within what formation? Gone are the days of using him as box to box in a 4-3-3 due to his age. Have you tried central midfield/attack or advanced playmaker/attack?

Hi guys, gonna get up and running with a long-term Chelsea save this year inbetween studying for my Spanish degree ofc!

Game will be delivered to my home address then re-routed to my uni halls, should be middle of next week when I do get it. Got FIFA and life to occupy myself with until then haha.

What instructions are you giving him and within what formation? Gone are the days of using him as box to box in a 4-3-3 due to his age. Have you tried central midfield/attack or advanced playmaker/attack?

He needs to fit into a formation with flat back four, DMC (anchorman), AML (winger), AMR (inside forward) & STC (poacher).

So there are 2 spare slots in midfield, typically CM/CM away & switch one CM to AMC(treq) at home. He struggles with advanced playmaker instructions though - barely hitting 7.0 in a winning team.

Have you tried extending Kalou's contract and then selling him?

No-one wants him. Worry about wages or he won't be interested. Nevermind, he's played well so I'll keep him for the year.

Making a good start:

League:

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/650994986849450964/263BEEB86DF56D7E01A0116D4E9A4897DCCEA9F8/

Squad:

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/650994986849451630/81FDB7A7F66E43B9E52874C2FD5821DF10841557/

Yes, lots of AMLs but getting lots of AMR training.

On Lampard issue:

I have him in mould of MC-Atk. Mata is on his left flank as AML advanced playmaker as support. He won't make as many drives into the box but he'll still be a threat just outside it. Plus a good link between players. His midfield partner in the centre is either MC-support or Advanced-playmaker-support.

For me, he's had a slower start in main game than he did in the demo but have faith.

I am at work at the mo so won't be able to start my game until tonight. I was planning to play the diamond which makes Kalou completely surplus so that's a bugger if he won't sell. What about Anelka? Do PSG still come in for him like on the demo?

Yup, they took him off my hands.

I spent way more than I did in the demo. Gotze was just too far out, but I'll try to sweet talk him over time.

Don't know why I bought Hamsik...but I love having the flexibility. Can't have City having all the squad depth.

Had a brilliant goal which I will upload. It was the build up I found funny. A double switch and then one ball forward to Torres. Added awesomeness it was an injury time winner.

Alright boys, long time no speak. Hope everyone is well! Wasn't going to start with Chelsea on this save as wanted to work my way up the leagues but reading your posts and now I can't wait to get in and get on it! Come on the blues!

Alright boys, long time no speak. Hope everyone is well! Wasn't going to start with Chelsea on this save as wanted to work my way up the leagues but reading your posts and now I can't wait to get in and get on it! Come on the blues!

I go in with that mentality every new FM Bucket...and every year I end up playing as Chelsea :D

4-1 down at half-time vs Villarreal. I got so angry...so second half? Torres gets the team's second, assisted by Kalou...and then Kalou secures a hat-trick? He is really making me regret listing him! Uploading highlight package of all eight goals.

Not the best start in the CL for me. 1-1-1 so far. Will need to finish the group very strongly. Meanwhile, league-wise, tied with Man U on 22 points...they have the greater goal difference.

Sadly, Torres hasn't found his form like he did in the Demo, but Kalou seems to have found his scoring boots and now Drogba is back from injury so great pressure on Torres.

Archived