FM11 - Tottenham Hotspur - Rise of the Triffics (take 3)

Jedi Spur

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ahhhh, that woulde explain it. Surprised he would be making a save with Chelsea of all teams though. ;)

There's only one team in FM I'd never manage. Chelski are repugnant but not as bad as the goons. Chelski also present a nice challenge to get goals out of Drogba/Anelka/Torres. Which I did. After Saturday I had to can it, was sulking too much at being cheated out of that game.

Frustrated with Spurs in real life (and referees) so I've played some FM to vent - highly recommended, Eddie! It's gone pretty well:

Season Review 2014/2015

As always the first half was great, with a slump just after January. I need to figure out what the hell is going on with that, or I'll never get far in the CL/FA. I'm happy with our 5th title in as many attempts, though.

Players In - £15m

Talented youngster for about 12M, and a 31 y/o Vargas from Man U to bring in some quality backup down the left, as well as some experience for my continuously younger squad. He is also a decent tutor.

Players Out - £30.5M

Modric to Inter for 27M

A bunch of Loan Fees

Modric had barely averaged 7.00 in the last 5 seasons, so I decided to finally bite the bullit. Luckily he didn't punish us in our Champions League games against Inter.

Premier League

Man United were very tough, going unbeaten the entire season. However they drew too many games. We were in front of the pack pretty much the entire season, sneaking two 0-0 draws against Man U and Chelski in the last four games, which saw us crowned champions again.

englishpremierdivisionilh.png

Domestic Cups

The game against Chelski coincided beautifully with our traditional second half slump. The League cup draws were kind to us, and our second string got us the title.

tottenhamhotspurtottenhn.png

Champions League

The first Barca game came right after two losses to Villa and City in the league. There was no coming back from that one.

tottenhamhotspurtottenhd.png

Performances

Caulker put in some impressive performances, and won a starting bearth from Bassong, while he was away in Africa playing nationals in the middle of the season (God I hate that cup). The same somewhat happened for Butland, as Gomes once again got a longish injury. Butland will take the no. 1 jersey next season.

Van der Vaart was not as dominant as he has been, I blame his declining physicals - he just doesn't get into very dangerous positions anymore, and primarily posed a danger from corners and freekicks. I wanted to keep him in the squad as he is a Spurs Icon, but he would only extend his contract for 95k/week, which is ridiculous as my next best paid player gets 55k. So in the end he left the club to sign for Everton for 49k/week(!!). The supporters are not happy about this.

Perspectives

I hope to build on this succesful season and make an impact in at least one of the big cups (FA and CL). This will happen at the Perryman Arena, which should be finished for the beginning of the next season (capacity 50k).

I will switch my system to a 442 as I just have too many great strikers coming through. If this means next season will be somewhat transitory like the last one, I'm ok with that. Some of my young talent will become first choice this season, Butland and Caulker as mentioned, but also my young brazilian regen striker, who after a few loans is looking very promising:

douglasprofileattribute.png

I think I broke Bale and Pastore. Which is really unfortunate, considering they're half of my top goal scorers. :p Lukaku has stepped up considerably.

The two just won't stay healthy this year! I lost both of them in the same game for several months. I hit December and they both come back at the same time. Pastore plays two games, scores three, then gets another knock. Bale plays one game, scores two and gets an assist, then hurts himself for another month.

Fortunately, I'm getting a decent goal return from a French regen I chose to replace Bale. Now, this guy hasn't developed at all, and his stats are incredibly poor, and playing more has caused them to actually drop further, but somehow he's still scoring. I'm hoping that means some good offers from clubs, because I can't see any future for him if his stats don't increase considerably.

I've been winning games recently through defense, which is incredibly nervy, as my keeper is only 21, and error prone. ;)

End of my 2nd season and i won the champions League! Beat Lyon in the semis and scrapped a 1-0 win over Dortmund in the final. Beautiful!! Came 2nd in the league - 3 points better than last season - but Ar5ena1 ran away with it, beating me by 9 points. Not so beautiful. My boys still don't fancy the domestic cups much, having gone out early again. Selling Jadson - he's done bugger all and can't hit a barn door - Lennon (exactly the same) and Crouch. Brought Diego in (just because i love the guy!!) and currently have bids for Llorente, Klass and Rossi in the pipeline. If i could work out how to post screenshots, i'd put some up!!

Ahhhh, that woulde explain it. Surprised he would be making a save with Chelsea of all teams though. ;)

Well, i'm considering doing an Arsenal save, which is really dirty of me, but there ya go. In FM world loyalty goes out the window a bit. L'Arse have a good squad to work with. Chelsea would be a good team to manage aswell, am tempted despite my dislike for them IRL(more than Arsenal infact!) Liverpool great fun aswell etc..lot's of great saves to be had in the Prem, just not enough time to do em all! Can never really be bothered with a lower league save to be honest, time constraints... :D

I'm committed to my Spurs save now, can't find time to start the 2nd season yet but that's life :/

Well that was probably the longest it has ever taken me to complete a season, I blame getting a PS3 midway through it :D Aaaanyway....

Champions League - 1st Knock Out. Away goals to Barca. A 2-2 at the lane and a 0-0 at Camp Nou

FA Cup - 5th round. A weak team lost a replay 1-0 to Wolves and my normal team convincingly won the two league games in the six days that followed.

League Cup - 4th round .Lost on pens away to the scum.

Premiership - 3rd. Six points off the pace, but in the mix with 2-3 games to play. Lost Luka for three months with six to go, King Ledley for six months with five to go and Defoe missed the last 3 or so. Too many draws in the end, but it was nice to pip Citeh to 3rd.

No stand out performers, really, everyone did reasonable well. But Bale, Hazard and Lukaku gave me a little taste of what's to come and King chipped in with 8 goals :D

Phil Jones is still on the radar, but I might go for Jordan Henderson rather than Ayew, cheaper and English. Gallas won't be offered a new deal, I have more than enough young CBs and Bassong, Corluka and Kaboul are more than experienced enough for the matches Ledley can't play. If I can find suitable loans for Kadlec and Sanogo I might keep one or both of JD and Pav for a final season. All of the players that start out on loan will be flogged and I might find new homes for Kranjcar and Pienaar who have hardly played for me.

edit: Don't worry, I might have said all of the loanees would go but Caulker, M'Poku and Kane will find themselves in the first team squad upon returning!

Sounds iffy, Bale has been injured way too often for me as well. Some regens just perform really well despite their stats. As we all know from playing Niko, stats arent everything!

Thing is he just doesn't seem to be playing well. Loses the ball pretty often, either through bad dribbles or bad passes. He started as LB, but after seeing him as a raw player with lots of pace, I naturally thought he could replace Bale. I guess he isn't learning the position or something. I suppose he just manages to get on the end of good passes and grabs goals. Frenchy is also scoring against good teams, so he's not even equivalent, to say, Kalou. :p

At least Kranjcar (who I still have) can keep possession/move play foward. Depends on his role, I use him all across midfield.

Completed first season, finished 2nd in the league, and won the Champions League! Won 2-1 against Madrid in the final, was completely outplayed though. Eden Hazard was sensational for me throughout the first season.

In general, my side looked like this;

Neuer

Corluka, Gallas Dawson Baines

Modric Rodwell

Park Hazard Bale

Defoe

However, Defoe performed poorly, Gallas has been released due to poor performances throughout the season, and Dawson has been poor for me, so will be transfer listed. Modric wanted out and has signed for Inter Milan. So I've signed a few players, and my side will probably look something like this next season;

Neuer

Rafael Chiellini Lucio Baines

Wilshere Rodwell

Sanchez Hazard Bale

Suarez

Rest of my squad is; Forster, Walker, Hutton, Sandro, Park, Lennon, Adam, Eriksen, Wickham and Hernandez. Going to sign another defender I think and that will probably be about it.

Seeing that Robert The Spud has ventured into the Red half of North London, I felt there was no harm done in having a save with Spurs! I actually do feel sorry for Spurs this season because they've been blown out of the Water by the spending of Mancini City. I know this may sound Stupid coming from an Arsenal supporter but, I really do hope you lot get another Season in the Champions League. :thup:

I've decided to play a 4-4-1-1 Formation with Rafa Van der Vaart in the Hole. Who will play up top is yet to be decided. Might bring in Lucas Barrios because he is the Ultimate Poacher on my Dortmund save.

Should be a Good save but, will be a while before I will convert! :D

Seeing that Robert The Spud has ventured into the Red half of North London, I felt there was no harm done in having a save with Spurs! I actually do feel sorry for Spurs this season because they've been blown out of the Water by the spending of Mancini City. I know this may sound Stupid coming from an Arsenal supporter but, I really do hope you lot get another Season in the Champions League. :thup:

I've decided to play a 4-4-1-1 Formation with Rafa Van der Vaart in the Hole. Who will play up top is yet to be decided. Might bring in Lucas Barrios because he is the Ultimate Poacher on my Dortmund save.

Should be a Good save but, will be a while before I will convert! :D

Shhhh Llew, they aren't supposed to know :D Think of it as a part exchange. To be honest the fact that we are struggling for a Europa League place now has nothing to do with City, and everything to do with 3 inept strikers and a manager who can't seem to motivate his players to beat the smaller teams. There's no excuse for not being atleast level on points with City right now, but there ya go! Another summer of chasing some 35 yr old like Van Bommell, Van Nistelrooy or Peville. Being a bit cynical here i suppose :D

As for Barrios, i have just signed him for my Tottenham team, glad to here he is the ultimate poacher. I figure he is a bit of an unknown in the EPL- A definite £16million gamble on my part, but i can't be bothered with Crouch, Defoe or Pav(who i sold to Inter).

Shhhh Llew, they aren't supposed to know :D Think of it as a part exchange. To be honest the fact that we are struggling for a Europa League place now has nothing to do with City, and everything to do with 3 inept strikers and a manager who can't seem to motivate his players to beat the smaller teams. There's no excuse for not being atleast level on points with City right now, but there ya go! Another summer of chasing some 35 yr old like Van Bommell, Van Nistelrooy or Peville. Being a bit cynical here i suppose :D

As for Barrios, i have just signed him for my Tottenham team, glad to here he is the ultimate poacher. I figure he is a bit of an unknown in the EPL- A definite £16million gamble on my part, but i can't be bothered with Crouch, Defoe or Pav(who i sold to Inter).

Well they know now of your antics! :D Exchange Deal it is then.

I agree with the Striker part. Defoe can't seem to buy a Goal for Love or Money. Pavluychenko is a bit lethargic in taking chances & as for Crouch, what is there to say? If you would've got Rossi or Aguero on the Final Day in January... you could've been right up there.

I'm not too sure on who to sign at the moment on my save. The Regular Youngsters will be coming in & some Coaching Additions aswell. I might stick with the current Strikers until January & if everything has gone belly up, I will invest in a Goal Grabber. But, as for that... not much activity. Oh... Maybe an Exchange Deal with Gary Cahill for Seb Bassong. :thup:

Bassong's much better than Cahill, and should be 1st choice CB out of our current lot, but if you want the english touch then go for it. Defoe/Pav can score goals too, but i generally dislike their presence in my team :D

I'm in a bidding war for Chamberlain with the two Manc teams right now!

EDIT: Does Cahill play beyond his stats?

Bassong's much better than Cahill, and should be 1st choice CB out of our current lot, but if you want the english touch then go for it. Defoe/Pav can score goals too, but i generally dislike their presence in my team :D

I'm in a bidding war for Chamberlain with the two Manc teams right now!

EDIT: Does Cahill play beyond his stats?

Well, I've got Gazza Cahill on my Arsenal save & he was Bloody Great before he tore his Calf Muscle. Definatley outplays his Stats, like so many other players out there. :thup:

I'm gonna stick with the Current Strikers & if that's not working out, I will Invest. Alex Oxalde-Chamberlain is probably one of my Favourite Players on the game. He will DEFINATLEY be coming in. Regardless of the price. :D

Cor, absolutely desperate for Cavani. Cannot believe Napoli only paid £14million for him plus £40k p/wk. If only i had the chance, i would have done a deal quicker than you can say....erm....something.

There is no way you could have got him as the transfer was agreed in the DB

Just destroyed Utd in the community shield, Naughton and Walker have looked excellent in the pre season- Walker will start as 1st choice ahead of Corluka, while Naughton could well be putting pressure on BAE this season.

After signing Barrios, Lukaku, Parker and Chamberlain, all transfer activity has stopped for me untill january. Quite a big squad as it is, what with the promotions of the two Kyle's and Bostock. This is despite ridding myself of the deadwood- Hutton, Jenas, Pavlyuchenko, Bentley, Keane and i think one or two others. Could well do with streamlining the squad some more but hard to choose who to offload. Centre Back is packed, but not willing to shift Bassong, Dawson or Kaboul whatsoever. Will have to find someone to move on, as a bid for P. Jones and Eriksen are to be made in January.

First Pre-Sason game - a formidable Sporting Lisbon side;

Final Result;

Sporting Lisbon 1-2 Spurs

Huddlestone was karted off with Strained Knee Ligaments which will keep him out for 2 Months. Somehow, I forgot to list Substitutes in my side & had to troop on for the remaining 70 minutes with 10 men! :D

Bought Lucas Barrios for 19.75m overall spent 25.5 M :thdn:. Hopefully he'll bang in the goals.

He only hit 10 in the league for me during his 1st season. Scored more in the Champions League but not enough considering the amount i paid out for him.

I hate it when the fixture computer throws a nasty start to the season at you. No starting well and scampering off into the distance for me 2nd season after the goons, citeh and Burnley. A 0-0, a close 2-1 defeat and a 1-0 win later and I'm mid-table. OK so Burnley was an easier match and I fielded a weakened team to get the win, but the first two matches were horrid.

More players left than joined, but that was always going to be the way with the amount of deadwood on loan during the first season or left for me by 'arry.

OUT

Niko Kranjcar - Aston Villa - Loan (500k fee, 100% wages, 9.5m agreed price)

David Bentley - Newcastle - 5.5m

William Gallas - Free

Wilson Palacios - Hoffenheim - 10m (Behind Sandro and Huddlestone in the pecking order and keeping Daniel Kofi Agyei off the pitch, so he had to go)

Danny Rose - Stoke - 1.8m

Roman Pavlyuchenko - AC Milan - 7.5m

Peter Crouch - Sunderland - 3m (I KNOW he'll score a few against me, but he was on stupid money for a player that wasn't going to get anywhere near the first team)

Kyle Naughton - Xerez - 2.4m

Bongani Khumalo - Xerez - 2.1m

Steven Caulker - Everton - Loan (1m fee, no agreed price)

Younes Kaboul - Bayern - 8.75m (That one hurt. I didn't list/offer him out and would have been happy if he had turned Bayern down, but I got a fair price for my 4th choice defender)

Steven Pienaar - Stuttgart - 5m

Plenty of the young'uns we start off with left on frees and plenty of the young'uns I have signed left on loan deals they'll definitely be coming back from. I decided to loan M'Poku out for the season and give ikkle Gio a year to see what he could do.

IN

Darnel Sittu - Lens - 2.5m

Alexey Rudenok - BATE - 500k

Markus Henriksen - Rosenborg - 3m

Thiago - Barcelona - Free

Rafinha - Barcelona - 2.5m

Jordan Henderson - Sunderland - 15m, 7.5 up front, the rest over 48. (annoying as I had a 5m+ Kyle Walker deal in place until Jordan failed a medical :|)

Juanpe - Las Palmas - 1.5m (Thiago threw a massive strop when I signed Henderson, so I asked him for a recommendation to keep him happy. I'll flog Juanpe on after a season without making too much of a loss)

Shane Duffy - Everton - 2m

I picked up a few newgens, three strikers that have the potential to be as good as Neymar and a defender for 30k who'll be worth a few mil at the end of the season and would be great for a mid-table Prem side stand out. Oh and Phil Jones will join at the end of the season, paying 17.5m hurt, but landing someone like Sakho would have been pricier.

I'm looking for another top 4 finish and 2-3 decent cup runs. Going close in the league again would be nice, too. Season three will bring the fireworks :D

Bruno Martins Indi. Get on him folks, get on him. The kid is the future. Definitely one of the DCs I'll play alongside Casemiro for the next ten seasons or so :) Dirt cheap at the start of the game too. Having sent him to Brighton and Everton on loan during the first season, I'm not so slowly easing him into the first team in the second season and Fergie is all over him. A good sign :)

Yeah, my laptops not really that good so after 3 or 4 seasons it's too slow to continue anyways :p.

That would kill me. My PC is just about good enough to get 5+ seasons in without slowing down noticeably, but FM12 will probably be the last version I can get away with before an upgrade. Is it sad that I time my PC upgrades by FM slowing down more than I like it to?

Great results there from f0rmat and Proto, and some fine looking talent in that other thread. I might contribute some, as I am focusing on developing youth as well.

It would be great, mate. It is one of the most interesting challenges.

First season with Spurs was fun

2nd in the league.

Knocked out by Barca in the semi finals, after having knocked out Man Utd in the Quarters.

FA cup winners - 5-1 vs Man Utd in the final.

Here are my transfers for the first season.

Vo5cb.png

and second

V13Cy.png

Hulk was a great signing although unfortunately he was out the second half of the season with a broken leg. Defoe sure stepped up though!

bG0TU.png

I've made Dawson my captain - alongside Otamendi he was a rock last season.

Using Walker as my first choice RB with Corluka being a pretty able deputy.

Depending on available players or formation I either use Bale as a very attacking wing back or as a advanced right wing player.

Bought in Hazard as VDV spends a lot of time injured :(

As an exiled North Londoner living in Plymouth who has probably drunkenly told you all the story of why I support Spurs (My childminder in the early 80s just so happened to be the mother of a Spurs squad player and I got dragged out to reserve team matches at Millwall etc. Cook? Oh and to add extra kudos, not that I need to prove a point, my mother was in charge of school dinners in Haringey when I was born and plenty her staff that went on maternity leave just so happened to name their sons Glenn), it means a lot to me to see QPR in the Premiership (Neil Warnock is one of the nicest blokes I have ever met, the wonders of living in Plymouth) with Hoddle warning me about the dangers of the ex-Argyle player Jamie Mackie :D

edit: My bad, it wasn't Goddle that warned me about the danger of Jamie Mackie (Who I was incredibly ****ed off at seeing take the Championship by storm before 'that' leg break and El-Hadji Diouf abuse incident, when he didn't do much for Argyle), it was a certain German by the name of Jurgen who warned me to be wary of him. I'mnotworthy.

2nd edit: Seb Bassong seems to have scored three goals in three appearances for me. For a defender that equals player of the month. What is it I said about not being worthy?

I'm becoming less and less impressed by Gallas performances. He's shockingly bad in some matches, which is such a shame considering he has played so brilliantly in previous saves.

Just beat Chelsea 2-1 at the lane. Bit of a cheat- I had to reload(previous match was 2-2, we conceded 2 late equalisers), because after the match i holidayed for the international break, forgetting about squad registration, whereby the stupid AI somehow decided to omit key players like Palacios, King and Kranjcar. Just could not do without them for 3 months so had to reload. Anyway, probably even itself out over the course of the season :D

That 1-0 vs S'land

1-1 vs Everton

2-1 Chelscum :)

Looks like we'll have to have a perfect season to win the league. The competition in the EPL is pretty extraordinary this season- City have an astonishing team, Sakho/Lucio in defence, M'Vila, Toure and Vidal in midfield, with Milner, Tevez and Dzeko upfront. Whoa!!

Also, Man Utd are running away with it, scoring left, right and centre. They have bought wisely, bringing De Gea and Defour in, which surprised me. Still, i am unbeaten, but about to face off with a crisis-hit Arsenal. They've lost 3 out of four, probably due to horrific injuries. They too have bought some good players in, such as Ruiz and Falcao. Should be a very tense season. Playing my reserves and fringers in the Europa League and pretty much destroying all competition there.

Once again real life Spurs fuelled some frantic FM-playing, so finished my best season on FM yet. I did win EPL+FA+CL one season, but not as convincing as this (even though I missed out on FA). I really don't know what it was, but everything just clicked.

Season Review 2015/2016

I switched to a 442 for this season in order to accomodate the boatload of great strikers on my books, it worked beyond all imagination.

Players In - £19m

Regens for about 13M and Casemiro from Barca and Shelvey from Liverpool for a combined 6M or so.

Players Out - £28M

Stekelenburg to Genoa 7.5M

Kovacic to Porto 7.5M + sell-on

Regen defender to Zenith for 6.75M + sell-on

A bunch of loan fees.

Stekelenburg was third choice and wanted to go. Kovacic I cant use in a 442, and the regen defender couldnt get his WP renewed. Will probably sell off alot of the less-than-stellar regens next season.

Premier League

We lost the first game of the season away to the Arse, but from there on didn't lose a single game (and beat Arse 4-1 at home). Incredible season.

englishpremierdivisioni.png

Domestic Cups

The game at home against Arse in the FA we were unlucky and playing a few reserves, this cost us, as a stroke of genious from Ménez proved the only goal of the game at Emirates. The League Cup was once again kind to us, and we took full advantage:

tottenhamhotspurtottenhn.png

Champions League

We had consistenly tough draws all the way through, yet our excellent form at home carried us through. The final against United was exciting, but we always had some level of control.

tottenhamhotspurtottenhq.png

Squad

Obviously pretty much everyone had a great season. Bale performed better than he has for the last 5 seasons, yet his injury proneness is highly annoying. He was out for 4 weeks before winter, then from february all the way to may, where he came back for the last few games - only to get injured for 4 months in the Champions League Final.

I will be letting Stanescu and Javi go, as they both are looking for more regular football. I don't really feel we have any particular need for strengthening, so any additions to the squad will be players coming back from loan.

tottenhamhotspurtottenhs.png

Perspectives

Some of my talent is coming through. My best player, Douglas, was snapped up five years ago, and now has burst onto the scene. Butland was also very solid, after I've nurtured him since I began this save. It is encouraging to watch these players slowly become stars.

On the other hand I doubt I will ever better this season, so I'm not supermotivated to continue right now. In order to keep things fresh, I think I'll try focusing on bringing Academy players through. There are already a few promising ones in my reserves.

Good season there Oliseh

-----------------------------------

End of Season 4 update

Transfers

http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/4586/tottenhamhotspurtransfe.png

Domestic

http://img851.imageshack.us/img851/4972/englishpremierdivisionir.png

Not much to say about this league campaign. The loss was a 3:2 away to Man City

Cups

League Cup: lost 2:1 to the mackems in the 4th round

FA Cup: beat Le Arse 1:0 in the final

Europe

Champions Cup Group stage: Finished unbeaten ahead of Bayern, Spartak Moscow and Rapid Wien

Then beat...

Dortmund 5:3 - 5:0 away, 0:3 home

Napoli 7:2 - 3:0 home, 4:2 away

Inter 5:1 - 1:0 home, 4:1 away

...to play Lyon at the Ernst-Happel-Stadion.

http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/6908/tottenhamvolympiquelyon.png

Stats

http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/457/tottenhamhotspurtottenh.png

Everybody performed really well this season. The only player with an average rating of less than 7 was Rodwell who only played 9(5) matches after coming back from a serious injury.

Next Season

Transfers already arranged are:

OUT

Adebayor -> Valencia 10m

135k a week for a 30 year old was just too much in the end

IN

Paloschi 15m

5 regens - 16m

these include a great Nigerian AMC and a spanish MC who looks like a mix of Xavi and Beckham.

Thanks for reading.

Finished 2nd season, and retained the league title for the 2ns season in a row on the last day of the season. eventually winning on goal diff.

i battered city 4-0 at home, and arsenal had an goal less away draw at utd.

lost CL final to real madrid 3-2.

the board have agreed to a new stadium which will take a year to build...its going to be called the perryman arena and capacity is 48k, im guessing i will have to expand gradually.

iv kept the finances in check and made some shrewd signing after the 1st season which helped.

i know this will raise eyebrows, but i sold modric after the 1st season. im playing a flat 4411 and 442, and he just wasnt performing in the middle, so rather than jiggle around with the formation i to a brave decision to sell him to city for 37m. with his stats he should be performing better in that role.

sandro has developed into a beast after having him tutored by modric and huddlestone.

caulker is also developing nicely after learning from king and dawson.

yeh at the end of the 2nd season i made a board room request, as we had about 100m balance due to winning the league and having a good CL run to the final.

the board agreed, and new stadium is due to be complete at the end of the 3rd season, so iv got 1 last season at the lane.

the reason for this is because i have managed to keep the finances in check. no one is on over 50k a week at the moment and the most i spend on a player was 12m for phil jones and all transfers are payed upfront so no monthly losses. the rest of the players were all bargains.

i will probably need to splash out on a new keeper as defence was very leaky last season.

How do lads,

So, Billy Gallas has had an astronomically poor start to season 2, which is a big shame. Therefore, i have decided a CB is a priority in January. I thought this position was covered, but Bassong has not played well since coming in for the 'rested' Frenchman.

I'd love Jones, but experience is the requisite here, so might go for Samba. He had a screamer for Blackburn last season. What do ya think?

First Season

11.3 Patch

In

Romelu Lukaku - 7 Mill

Suazo - 2.5 Million

Phil jones 15 million

Gotze (jan) - 13 million

F.Gago - 1 Million

Out

Jenas - Man City - 8 Million

Kaboul - 7 million

Basson 4.6 mill

Crouch 4.5 mill

pavlyshencko - 4 million

Won

League Cup - beat chelsea 1-0, kept torres and drogba really quiet.

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE!!!!! First season, beat chelsea, 4-3 home leg, then 0-0 away.

Beat Barcelona

Beat real madrid on pens in the final

3 points off utd in the league, finished 2nd

AWESOME

Lennon got twenty goals 11 assists

bale got 16 goals 19 assists

PS: Sandro is immense.

Cant wait to start season 2

One league game left. No losses this season. I won the league officially on Apriil 24. :D Unfortunately, it's against City. Probably the only team that can lay claim to a stronger squad than my own. They used to beat me no matter what, but recently it's been a more even series. I've got a CL Final against Barca coming up as well. I like my chances in that one.

Finished 2012/13, ended up finishing 2nd to Chelski but won both domestic cups. Knocked out of the CL semis once again (and it was to Chelsea of course...). Vagner Love was top scorer in the league again comfortably.

Transfers In (start of 2013/14):

Canales - Real Madrid - £3.4m

M'Vila - Man City - £7m

Mohamed Sissoko - Juventus - Free

Viviano - Inter - Free

Out:

van der Vaart - Lazio - £4m

Gomes - Hoffenheim - £3.4m

Defoe - Birmingham - Free

Best regen youngster:

2vdlehh.png

Archived