FM11 - Tottenham Hotspur - Rise of the Triffics (take 3)

Jedi Spur

after crushing FC Kobenhavn 7-1 agg i've been given a seemingly straight forward task of beating Sporting to get through to the Semi Finals of the Champions League :cool:

where i'll likely face Real Madrid :(

EDIT : We crush Leeds 4-0 away to secure a 2nd league title in a row \o/

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i know but Modric has never really done anything for me and he got a lot of game time last season, vidal doing well he averaging 7.50 and very consistant,adds a bit more bite in the middle alongside palacios but still has quite a few goals and assists.Modric has done quite well as aml when Bale has had a niggle or been rested though so still a very useful squad player

Honestly those are words that do not belong in the same sentence. Modric <3

lol. Modders is the love of my life. However, i do think inside forward is his best position, for me anyway. He just turns it on when played there. I might even drop Lennon for him- but for the pace i would have no hesitation doing that.

Getting a bit angry with the lads. Giving away too many equalisers. Can't seem to see the game out, despite making tactical adjustments. The problem is playing great against the top 4, but 'lackadaisical' against lower teams. Seem familiar anyone?!

Can't wait to rip this squad up :D

lol. Modders is the love of my life. However, i do think inside forward is his best position, for me anyway. He just turns it on when played there. I might even drop Lennon for him- but for the pace i would have no hesitation doing that.

Getting a bit angry with the lads. Giving away too many equalisers. Can't seem to see the game out, despite making tactical adjustments. The problem is playing great against the top 4, but 'lackadaisical' against lower teams. Seem familiar anyone?!

Can't wait to rip this squad up :D

I'd imagine you at least make sensible tactical adjustments though and play people in their right positions?

I'd imagine you at least make sensible tactical adjustments though and play people in their right positions?

Lol. What's not to admire about the decision to bring on a DMC for an injured LB, when you've got a left footed defender on the bench? Or a lanky, lightweight target man for a natural goalscorer(who has already scored in the match) when you need a goal?!

Season Review 2012/2013

As I expected I couldnt manage to defend all our titles this year. The Prem was pretty secure all the way through, I only ended on equal points with united due to an inexplicable loss to wolves on the last day of the season.

Things unravelled in part due to a heavy injury crisis in the latter part of the season where I had 4 first team defenders out for 1month+ each.

Players In - £7m

Paloschi, Muniain and Corchia came in on frees, and brought in 4 regens as well.

Players Out - £53m

Palacios to Wolves: 12.5M

Corluka to Fiorentina: 10.25M

Kranjcar to Lazio: 10M (didn't really get enough games, too bad since he is a cracking player)

Naugton to Leverkusen: 8M

Defoe to Citeh: 6M (this one hurt, and the fans aren't happy)

M'Poku to Zaragoza: 3.2M + sell-on

O'Hara loan to Villa: 1M loan fee, 5M future fee

Varios loans for about 2.5M total

First/Second XI

GK: Gomes/Stekelenburg

DL: Robinson/Fernandez (regen)

DC: Dawson/Caulker

DC: Bassong/Kaboul

DR: Walker/Corchia

MC: Sandro/Riemann (regen)

MC: Thudd/Horner (regen)

AMR: Lennon/Chamberlain

AMC: VdV/Modric

AML: Bale/Kadlec

SC: Paloschi/Muniain

A few of the players disappointed, my DM-regen, Modric and especially Stekelenburg. I think Butland will get the job as second keeper, getting games in the cups, next season. Also Citeh is sniffing around Modric, so I'll probably cash in on him.

Premier League

My best season yet - breaking the points record again - and getting top scorer, Paloschi with 26 goals in 29 starts.

englishpremierdivisionic.png

Domestic Cups

I played my second string all the way through both cups. A good draw saw us win the LC, whereas Arsenal recorded a deserved win against us in the FA. We had the Arse 3 days later in the league and beat them 2-0 at home with my first team.

cups.jpg

Champions League

This was actually rather frustrating. I am OK with going out to Real in the quarters, but we completely dominated at home, yet somehow managed to lose 1-0. This meant we had to take an attacking approach at the Bernabeu, and we were duly punished. Still encouraging that we were pretty close to edging the tie once again.

tottenhamhotspurtottenhf.png

Best Players

VdV - 38 (5) appearances, 22 goals, 28 assists, 7.69 rating

Kadlec- 28(16) appearances, 22 goals, 12 assist, 7.40 rating

Muniain- 17(6) appearances, 13 goals, 3 assists, 7.36 rating

No defenders in this years top players, actually this year my defence wasnt quite as solid as I wouldve liked. A surprise inclusion of kadlec and Muniain. Paloschi deserves honerable mention for bagging the EPL top scorer award, but the second half of his season was marred by injury, as was Bales, once again.

Summary

An ok season considering we are in sort of a transition phase. A few of my regens - notably my DM - arent turning out the performances I expect, so I might shuffle things around abit leading in to next season. Will still keep the concept of bringing through talent that we have developed ourselves.

COYS!

Barnetboyz's 2nd Barclays Premiership Season Review

Since switching to a new formation in January the league became far far too easy with the team going undefeated and suffering only 3 draws

Finishing in the top 6 were the usual suspects as no new team succeeded in trying to break the pack whilst Leicester with only 3 wins all year suffered relegation along side Fulham & Newcastle

Tottenham players ruled the EPL stats with Bale finishing 2nd top scorer with 19 goals behind a rampant Tevez, Lennon (15), Dawson (15), VDV (11) & Babacar (11) were also double figure scorers for the season, of the top 5 assist makers (?) 4 of them were Spurs players with Bale (16) finishing top with Lennon (14), Modric (14) & VDV (13) concluding the top 5 (Valencia of Manchester United was the other player) Luka Modric showed how much of an engine he was after he covered 258.1 miles the entire season :cool: Dawson had the best average rating with a fairly decent 7.97

I shall have a proper season update after i have played the FA Cup Final (Vs Leicester) & a Champions League Final (Vs Lyon :()

Final Squad Stats (cba with a huge update now tbh, its chuffing late)

OMFGBale.jpg

Sandro looks beastly, Babacar might be the striker i've been looking for, Jones, Dawson, Caulker & Bruno have my centre of defence covered for years to come, Bale is the best player i have, Modric is the heart of the team though, VDV had a storming 2nd half of the season although may be sold as he turns 30 soon, Lennon surprised a lot but he is quite clinical in front of goal, may still get another goalkeeper although De Gea wanted £135k a week ffs

I'm Starting a new save as tottenham manager, not to concerned about the first season, just want to qualify for europe, want to try and develop some of our youngsters to an acceptable level so that they can maybe become decent squad players... anyone had any luck with any of them?? townsend looks like he might have the stats to do alright, harry kane looks like he can be a starter of the future... also wanna bring in a few more experienced players with the right personality to develop them, anyone know any good Model professionals..??

Kane has bags of potential, but refused tutoring for me so I kicked him out. Caulker is part of my first team squad since season 3. Bostock and M'Poku have turned out well in other peoples saves, but were decent - nothing more - in mine.

Barnet: Thanks. It's Spikes format, I really like it for giving a somewhat concise yet complete review of your season. Looking forward to yours, as you seem to have done very well.

Starting a save with Spurs :D Any tips?

There's loads in here already, the OP is a good place to start. The squad is good enough from the beginning of the game. One thing I'd recommend is using a formation that'll allow you to have VdV in an AMC position with trequartista (or similar) instructions. And Kranjcar wildly outplays his stats. If you have no affinity towards Spurs in RL, it would be a good move to sell King, as he just breaks down too easily, and you can fetch a tidy sum for him the 1st season (13M or so).

But basically Spurs are a pretty "easy" team to manage starting out. You should be able to challenge for the title your first season even without any new signings.

Going into the 2012-2013 season with the current squad:

GK

Gomes

De Gea

Jukka Lehtovaara

Defenders

Cristian Zapata (CB)

Simon Kjaer (CB)

Sebastian Bassong (CB)

Michael Dawson (CB)

Steven Caulker (CB)

Vedran Corluka (RB)

Kyle Walker (RB)

Fabio Coentrao (LB)

Leighton Baines (LB)

Jukka Raitala (RB/LB)

Midfielders

Sandro (DM)

Nigel de Jong (DM)

Tom Huddlestone (DM)

Jake Livermore (MC)

Luka Modric (AM)

van der Vaart (AM)

Niko Kranjcar (AM)

John Bostock (AM)

Bale (LW)

James Rodriguez (LW)

Aaron Lennon (RW)

Giovani dos Santos (RW)

Forwards

Neymar

Edin Dzeko

Jermain Defoe

Peter Crouch

You might notice two Finnish players there; Lehtovaara and Raitala, that's because I'm Finnish myself and they are potential Finnish players, but they just don't cut it in this game. Now, I need to sell about 5 players or so, send out on loan or so. Lehtovaara will have to go, as I also have Guilherme as a goalkeeper, and he's too old for U19. I will have to sell one LB, either Baines or Raitala. Baines is better, but Raitala can play on both sides. Bostock will go, as he hasn't improved at all. I'm thinking of letting Caulker and Livermore try some games out this season, but it might be that they still won't make it. Kranjcar has been great, but I just have no use for him. Dos Santos has to make it this season, else he's out. I'm also thinking about bringing on a better right winger, as Lennon isn't that great after all. Or Rodriguez or Bale to play on the right side. As for forwards, Crouch didn't play much last season when I didn't have Neymar, but then again I mostly played with one striker, so he's backup now too.

I'm thinking about this lineup:

Gomes/De Gea
Walker/Corluka Kjaer Zapata Coentrao
              Sandro
              Modric
Lennon                  Bale
         Neymar Dzeko

But I'm not sure what roles to have them in. Sandro probably as defensive midfielder/support, and Lennon as winger and Bale as inside forward. But with Modric I'm not set on deep lying or advanced playmaker. Neymar probably as a poacher, but I'm scared of his low finishing. Dzeko could be a complete forward, although he didn't score much last season in that role. I fill probably end up playing Defoe alot again, he's been immense for me!

The past 2 season I've won the league both times but lost against Barca in the CL final both times.

Great!!! Le Arse have just kicked Rodwell to bits. He'll be out for 7 to 8 months now. :applause: Song the dirty **** didn't even get a card.
Well just because someone gets injured doesn't meant they should be carded.

tom, it clearly says it was a gooner, a card is the least he should be getting. A kicking more appropriate but a card is a start.

Benzema worth getting at the start of season 1 for £8M?

Yes. Ignore BB & Asim. Goals, goals, goals, who cares how much it costs to get him? Is it your money? No. Game on.

Just finished my first season with Spurs - late i know but only just bought a laptop - and finshed 3rd in the league, 5 point behind the eventual winners, Man City, and reached the semi final of the Champions League, just losing out to Barca 6-5! Very happy with this and just wanted to share!!!

Just finished my first season with Spurs - late i know but only just bought a laptop - and finshed 3rd in the league, 5 point behind the eventual winners, Man City, and reached the semi final of the Champions League, just losing out to Barca 6-5! Very happy with this and just wanted to share!!!

Good 1st season. Good luck with more! COYS!

Cheers! They have just handed me a budget of £44M for a spot in europe via the league! So i'm aiming for a big signing! Thinking Bastos as i only have Ekotto in that position - Bale plays further up - and i had JuanFran on loan last season but he's gone back. Any thoughts? My main problem about from that was my lack of striking options. That's what cost me. Crouch had a mare during the last 12-15 games and so it was left to Defoe and Lucas to fill the void up front. Thankfully, VDV and Douglas Costa chipped in a fair few so it wasn't as bad as i may have been. But i want to address that this coming season. Any suggestions anyone?

Go for Enrique in my opinion. I've had nothing but defensive solidity and ballsy attacking displays from him on other saves, and will look to sign him for Spurs come end of season. Or perhaps M'Bengue, because i think he will be a great LB. Not sure Pazzini would move so soon after going to Inter Milan, although i may be wrong. I'm looking at Barrios for my striker problem. But as Edgar says, Rossi is sublime, if you want to use most of your budget on one player. How about Aguero? Ridiculously high wages, may be crippling somewhat, but great player. Would love him at Spurs. I personally want Llorente, he always finished as top scorer in Spain in this game, or thereabouts.

My transfer targets are Barrios(or Llorente), Lukaku, and another centre back, Sakho or Howedes. Possibly Defour too if Modric get's sold behind my back. Jose and Pep are really laying the sweet talk on him, and the league table is tight as anything, 7 points of first but only in 5th right now....out of the top 4 on goal difference!

Barnetboyz's Summer Transfer Update 3rd Season

Only managed to spend a total of £6.5M which is my lowest spending transfer window in a very long time on FM :D apart from the loan of Macheda (£900k Fee) & free transfers for tutoring (Van Buyten, Dunn, Mutu & Tymoschuk to name a few) all the money was spent on regens (including a 6'9 striker & a 6'8 centre half who both have amazing potential i hope)

Only real sales with Niakhaichyk (£10M) & Naughton (£2M)

Looked to get Honda but his work permit was rejected which sucked & De Gea's wage demands have gone up for some reason :D

Season has started well with wins over Man Utd & Arsenal and i hope to beat my goals for last year

managed to get through the transfer window without having anyone poach but just a few days before my champ league first knockout against Fiorentina ive lost hazard and vdv to injury,modric is finally gonna have to produce!

Has anyone had any success with Lukaku or Neymar for spurs? i play 1 upfront but neither do anything when they play. im thinking about shifting 1 or both on in the summer and definately get someone more established like hernandez or rossi etc

Playing as Spurs and England.

Signings:

Phil Jones - £15M (£5M upfront, £10M over 2-years)

Lukaku - £7M (I think) to join at end of the season

Wickham - £3.5M to join at end of the season

I wanted to start moulding a future team hence why both signings stay at their current club for a year to get more first team experience.

End of Season 3 update

Transfers

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/4586/tottenhamhotspurtransfe.png

Total income= 53m

Finally got Adler in Jan after Gomes had done his best to make Tottenham a midtable side. Also got Nani as Lennon kept getting injured and I needed some pace and quality down the right side.

Domestic

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/4077/englishpremierdivisionif.png

I had a tough first half of the season and only really got going in february when Adler and his defence had got used to each other. Then went unbeaten in the league(w12,d1)

Cups

League Cup: lost 5:1 on agg. to Chelsea in the semis

FA Cup: lost 2:1 to Wolves in the semis

Community Shield: lost 4:1 to Man Utd

Europe

Euro Super Cup: lost 2:1 to Arsenal

Champions Cup Group stage: Finished unbeaten ahead of Panathinaikos, Valencia and Rangers.

Then beat...

CSKA 3:1 - 1:1 away, 2:1 home

Arsenal 6:5 - 3:1 home, 3:4 away

Porto 1:0 - 0:0 away, 1:0 aet home

...to play Chelsea in an all english final at Ibrox.

http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/5224/chelseavtottenhamsplitv.png

Stats

http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/457/tottenhamhotspurtottenh.png

Most important players of the season were Bale, Defoe and Adler in that order.

Next Season

Transfers already arranged are:

OUT

Naughton -> OM 5.5m

Inler -> Man City 14.25m

Obika ->Celtic 2.7m

BAE + a few reserves -> free

IN

Lavezzi 16m

2 regens for 2.5m

Thanks for reading.

same here :(

another winter window coming up and already agreed a huge £10M deal for Honda to replace VDV /o\

i'll never get my damn stadium :D

Don't think that matters. They've just started building the 48493 capacity Hoddle Stadium despite my "investment"

Don't think that matters. They've just started building the 48493 capacity Hoddle Stadium despite my "investment"

But surely the capacity of the new stadium depends on club finances? I'd be a little bit ****ed off if the board built a new stadium of 48,000 seats, from our 35,000 seater. Perhaps with better finances it'd be a 55000, or 60,000 seater. Not sure though am still only in 1st season.

Got a tricky knockout rd tie against Benfica up next. Confident of progressing however, barring any inconsistent defending, which is entirely possible, nay, likely, with Daws and Gallas at the helm.

Snuck past Benfica thanks to some good defending and a solitary Steven Pienaar goal. Now we face Chelscum in the Q/F, followed by either Real Madrid or Arsenal in the S/F. The other tie sees Barca/Inter Vs Man utd/Roma.

The league is very tight, not losing many games, very decent record against the top teams but still out of the CL places by a couple of points. Will be very hard outing Arsenal/Chelsea/City, but will have to take it on the chin if we don't qualify.

In other news, Gallas has signed a 2yr extension after some assured backline displays, and Bale has commited his future to the club with a new 4yr deal.

Furious with my strikers. Fuuuurrrrioooouss!

We have just played West Ham and Wigan, and drew 1-1 and 0-0, and pretty much as in real life, we creat chanve after chance and Defoe, Pav(anonymous) and Crouch just can't put it in the frickin net!

4th looks difficult to be honest, drawn too many matches. gonna have to beat City and Chelsea in all likelehood. Don't want to be playing in europa league next year, as i won't be able to bring in the right players i shouldn't think

Archived