FM11 Big Euro Nation: Small Club to Big Club Challenge

Just take over once the last game of the season has been played if you want. I started 1st of June myself. I'd think a screenshot of the table showing them bottom as well as the manager profile would be nice, but I haven't seen anyone else actually show a screen of the table, so I guess it's optional.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Albion Rovers 2012/2013

5th in Scottish Third Division (pred: 10th) | Transfers | Finances | Graph

The League

We actually got off to a good start with 7 points in the first 4 matches. Then it all went to hell (if you'll excuse the expression), as the game refused to let me register the players I wanted for my squad. I ended up holidaying 1 day to get past it, and in the process the game decided to not register 4 of my older "rotation" -> "key" players. That was the start of I think my most horrible period in this game ever. Players morale dropped to zero, and we didn't win for 12 games, losing 10 of them. I tried my best to bring in free-transfers and to loan players whose morale wasn't shattered, but things didn't turn around until January.

Finally I could register my older players again. Add to that a few new signings, and finally recording a win (4-0 over Berwick non the less), and all of a sudden things changed. Almost the entire squad went from "very low" to "ok", "good", and even some "superb" over night. And clearly morale is all that matters in this game, cause all of a sudden we were beating teams we'd been humiliated by earlier. 3-0 over Clyde for instance who hammered us 5-2 at our own ground in our darkest hour. In the 15 games played from January out we recored 10 wins, 2 draws and 3 losses, and in the end we were safe in 5th place.

The graph of our position during the season shows the story.

The Cups (Challenge Cup | League Cup | Scottish Cup)

Check the screens if you want. It was the same as in the league. Until the end of August (when the squad registration problem hit us) we were doing great. After that... Don't wanna talk about it.

The Players

I ended up signing lots of players, even between transfer windows (as I desperately needed someone who wasn't unhappy). But after playing so horribly and being so bloody unhappy for half the season I'm not sure who to mention. They were all crap for the first half a season and good the second half. Here's a few anyways.

Raffaele De Vita - Top goalscorer. Italian, but has been in Blackburn and Livingston earlier so he's no stranger.

Frank Lagana - One of few that didn't have a mental break down.

Ignasi Miquel - Was good when he finally became happy.

Mateusz Machaj - Didn't play many matches as he only joined late January, and had a leave of absence as he had trouble fitting in towards the end. But what little I've seen of him so far he's been the star of the team.

Kerrea Gilbert - My new star right back. Joined in January and was a big part in turning things around.

Anthony Lopes - Another who joined in January. His ability as a goalkeeper is far better than anyone else I have, but he has trouble fitting in as well.

The Finances

Not much to say, they are steady. Still think we could spend a lot more than £3,2k a week on wages, but my board seem to wanna sit on the money.

The Top Level

Rangers won it, again. But Dundee Utd actually took 2nd place on equal points with Celtic. Both of them were only 3 points behind Rangers to. Rangers had a tough group of Dortmund, At. Madrid and Olympique Marseille in the Champions Cup and finished bottom after losing 5 of 6 matches. Celtic lost to Marseille in the qualifiers for the Champions Cup, but reached the 1st KO stage of the EURO Cup before being beaten by the old Italian lady. No other team managed to get to the group stages.

The Clydesdale Bank Premier League is now 18th in Europe, moving 3 spots up.

The Future

I dunno what to think. If we can keep the form we had since January for a whole season we'd actually have 76 points. More than enough to secure a playoff spot. But with the way things changed from hell to heaven over night this season I don't dare to predict anything. Lots of players leaving as contracts run out, but those that played most of the 2nd half of the season will stay for at least another year. Hopefully there's some gems available for free as well.

[b][u][color="Blue"]CLUB HISTORY[/color][/u][/b]

[b]SEASON	LEAGUE	POS.	S-CUP		L-CUP		EUROPE		NOTES[/b]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[b]11/12[/b]	S3D	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/NewAlbion/s1tab.jpg"]1st[/url]	-		2nd round	-		Promoted
[b]12/13[/b]	S2D	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/NewAlbion/s2tab.jpg"]5th[/url]	3rd round	3rd round	-		-
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
S3D - Scottish 3rd Division | S2D - Scottish 2nd Division

[b][u][color="Blue"]TROPHY CABINET[/color][/u][/b]

[b]Scottish Third Division[/b] - [url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/NewAlbion/s1tab.jpg"]11/12[/url]

Just take over once the last game of the season has been played if you want. I started 1st of June myself. I'd think a screenshot of the table showing them bottom as well as the manager profile would be nice, but I haven't seen anyone else actually show a screen of the table, so I guess it's optional.

Nope in Scotland it is a compulsory first post screenshot.

SnakeXe's Messina - Season 2 - 2012/13

Story of the Season:

Serie C2/C - 1st, Promoted

Finally got the promotion we deserved last season, storming to a record points total. The difference from last year was we built from the back, conceding far fewer goals than anyone else, always giving ourselves a chance of a result even when playing poorly. Of course, Enzo Scorza wasn't exactly goal-shy himself. If last year's defining result was the 3-1 loss to AlbinoLeffe in the cup final, this year's was the 4-1 demolition of nearest rivals San Marino away from home. From then on, it was ours to lose, and luckily for my nerves, we didn't.

C2 Super Cup - 3rd Place

Urgh. The first match was a farce, our keeper broke his arm after 15 minutes, we had two players sent off, they scored 3 absolute flukes (including a 30-yard volley from their centreback :confused:) and we still nearly got something from the game. Played out a draw in the second game - not that we had much option to try and do otherwise with half our team suspended or injured. Gutted we didn't win it, as I don't plan on coming back to get it again.

Serie C Cup - 1st Round

Slightly failed in my attempt to go out at the first hurdle in that we took it to extra time, but we lost on penalties, so it all worked out in the end. Will give it another crack next year as we should be good enough to stay up comfortably enough.

Coppa Italia - 1st Qualifying Round

Also managed to take this one to extra time, but we successfully shipped 3 goals during that period to bring our non-challenge to an early end.

Results 1 - Results 2 - Squad

Transfers - Broke Even

Got rid of some more rubbish, along with (unfortunately) Arturo Di Napoli, whose £4,200 weekly wage was crippling us. On the plus side, his wages freed up the space for us to sign Scorza, Testa, Tedeschi and Amodio, all of whom were key.

5 Most Important Players:

5. Nicolas Amodio - DM/MC - Joined quite a way into the season, but gave us bite and tenacity in the midfield. Quite why he was still clubless when we got him I don't know!

4. Gonzalo Maulella - DRC - Formed an excellent partnership with new signing Tedeschi to make solid the base of our team.

3. Luca Tedeschi - DC - Outstanding centre-back for the level, don't think he lost a single header.

2. Davide Testa - AM/ST - Di Napoli's replacement put the old guy to shame, scoring and assisting.

1. Enzo Scorza - ST - The reason Artistico only made 3 appearances all season. Is also a bit moody, but crucially still plays well even when he is throwing his toys out of the pram. My big hope for next season.

History:

Season    League                  Position  Achievements                   
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12   Serie C2/C              2nd       Serie C Cup Runners Up, Playoff Finalists
2012/13   Serie C2/C              1st       Serie C2/C Champions, Promoted

Messina 100 Club:

A list of those Messina players who make 100 or more appearances for the club under my management.

Name                Pos        Era                    Apps   Goals     AvR
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next Season:

Will be interesting. I probably won't be able to strengthen too much, but with the goals of Scorza (and possibly Artistico if he pulls his finger out), we should be good enough for mid-table. The performances in the Serie C Cup last year certainly suggest so anyway!

Forza Messina!

Nice season from you Ohanzee, I really love your Pole, I need to find me one of them :p

Hands off!!! :D

Well done SnaeXe. Was hoping you'd do it after being so close the first season. Nice to see Scorza still doing his thing in the lower leagues to. :thup:

Nice work Snake, glad to see promotion coming, were you in the Coppa Italia in season 1? Because my club have not made it either time...

Thanks :D No I wasn't, I don't really understand the qualification rules to be honest! I was in it again this season, so perhaps it's something to do with league position?

Hands off!!! :D

Well done SnaeXe. Was hoping you'd do it after being so close the first season. Nice to see Scorza still doing his thing in the lower leagues to. :thup:

Scorza is awesome, if his finishing were a little better he'd probably do a job in any league! Was he popular last year too?

I dunno tbh. I just know I had him myself in the South American challenge (last year, FM2010) for I think 3 seasons. He was inconsistent, but good quality. Think he was my top scorer for a couple of seasons at least before fading out.

Well well well. Just upset the odds in my first competitive match by winning 2-0 away against SD1 side Ross County in the First Round of the Scottish Challenge Cup :cool:

Will upload screenies when I'm finished playing. Playing FM and using anything else is causing crash dumps so on my laptop right now :)

Just had a pretty decent result in our last friendly of the pre-season. Obviously they didn't play a full strength squad, but it was a good team non the less.

I'm sure this means we'll now go on to lose the first 10 matches in the league. :p

Is Palsson a real player? Think I may have had him at Merthyr on dafuge's Challenge last year...

oh i'm so annoyed!!! i just want to play the game but i keep getting the crashes on the first match!!! :( :(

Will go through suggestions I have found see if we can get it working...

1) Delete Settings

2) Further options on XMLs

3) Steve Cox Helps (Admittedly both these guys had old drivers, assume yours are up to date?)

Seems most of it is Driver related, wanna check yours is up to date? If you are not sure you could PM me your DXdiag, listed in one of these links and I may be able to help.

cheers Ohanzee & LLR. i've tried all that unfortunayely. waiting on SI to see if can help but basically i think i need a new graphics card. going to have to get a new one in next couple of days and try and work out how to fit it!!!

Due to my computer being a poo no screenies again for now, will get them soon I promise!

So far I've played 8 competitive games. 4 league and 4 cup. Won all 8. 3 cup games vs 1st Division sides and I beat Motherwell from the SPL 2-0 at Gayfield Park :cool:

Unfortunately I have Rangers and Ibrox in the next round!

Top of the league on our own for now. Didn't want the session to end but bedtime for school tomorrow beckoned :(

SnakeXe's Messina - Season 3 - 2013/14

Story of the Season:

Serie C1/B - 5th, Playoff Semi-Finalists

After a great start to the season up to the winter break, sitting in 3rd place and just 3 points off top spot, I was pretty optimistic going into the second half of the season. I shouldn't have been. We were rancid. A 3-0 win over title rivals (and eventual winners) Foggia seemed to signal the start of a surge towards glory, but we only won 5 more games all season after that. Despite this, we somehow found ourselves just 2 points off the title with 2 home games to play, everyone seemingly choking simultaneously. Whilst other teams got their act together, Foggia and Crotone winning both their remaining matches, we imploded, losing both in horrendous style. With absolutely no hope of winning the playoffs with the squad in their current state of mind, I organised a morale-boosting friendly against the Under 20s.

We lost. To the Under 20s. 1-0.

I arranged another against bottom-of-Serie-C2 Milazzo, who we beat 2-0, but it was too little too late. We lost the semi-final 3-1 on aggregate to Crotone, who went on to lose 5-3 in the final.

Serie C Cup - 1st Round

Tried to win this year. Failed.

Coppa Italia - 1st Qualifying Round

Dismal.

Results 1 - Results 2 - Results 3 - Squad

Transfers - £150k Profit

Signed and sold attacking midfielder Juan Pastore for a tidy profit, as well as Nei, who was good, but never really fit into my system. £5k on Diego Cassano was £5k too much, as my scout who'd said he was Serie A potential was taken out behind the stadium and shot.

5 Most Important Players:

5. Nicolas Amodio - DM/MC - Was alright, not up to last season's quality.

4. Aniello Cutolo - AMRL - Least worst midfielder.

3. Davide Testa - AM/ST - Didn't make the step up at all well, that he's 3rd in this list shows how poor we were.

2. Enzo Scorza - ST - Let me down in a big way when he went missing in the second half of the season.

1. Luca Tedeschi - DC - Even our best player still embarassed us with a red card in the first of those crucial last two games.

History:

Season    League                  Position  Achievements                   
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12   Serie C2/C              2nd       Serie C Cup Runners Up, Playoff Finalists
2012/13   Serie C2/C              1st       Serie C2/C Champions, Promoted
2013/14   Serie C1/B              5th       Playoff Semi-Finalists

Messina 100 Club:

A list of those Messina players who make 100 or more appearances for the club under my management.

Name                Pos        Era                    Apps   Goals     AvR
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rosario Licata      D/WB/ML    2011-Present            113       1    6.89

Next Season:

The weird thing is I'd have taken this season's ultimate result (losing in the playoffs) before we started very gladly. Our form in the second half of the season makes it feel like a massive failure though. Next season's aim, therefore, is to play at least moderately well all season, and not lose in the first round of both cups.

Forza Messina!

Logo-3.png

2013/14 - Hallescher FC - German Second Division

Transfers - 12 IN for 1.2m & 7 OUT for 220k

Some good signings there, we broke our biggest transfer fee twice, firstly brining striker Obradovic in from Partizan and secondly goalkeeper Zelenika from Dinamo for 750k. Our biggest coup of the summer had to be former Newcastle player Chieck Tiote for free.

League - A hugely successful season without even being promoted we fully established ourselves as promotion contenders by finishing third but lost to Hannover in the promotion play-off. Undoubtedly Koln were the best team in the league and kept most of their stars like Podolski who tore the league up with 30 goals in as many games. Shockingly and upset in its own right was the fall of Rostock who were relegated to the third division.

Squad List/Stats

Top Scorer - Marko Obradovic, 17

Most Assists - Filip Trojan, 12

Most MOM - Marko Obradovic, 6

Ave Rating - Marko Obradovic, 7.53

Other Notable Players - Chieck Tiote

Finances - Again bucket loads of prize money increased finances further and we should get a decent budget next season to bring in the players we need for that final push.

Season  | League          | Pos  | Cup           | Europe            | Other Achievements
11/12   | 3rd Division    | 2nd  | n/a           | n/a               | Promoted
12/13   | 2nd Division    | 10th | 1st Rnd       | n/a               | Consolidation
13/14   | 2nd Division    | 3rd  | 2nd Rnd       | n/a               | Lost in Play-Off Final

Well done LLM, and a lovely review, good solid start to your campaign! And a great second season Ohanzee.

SnakeXe - 2 cracking seasons there. Looks like you could be getting promoted to Serie B next season. And unlucky ToMexico on just missing out on promotion there.

Meanwhile, my Red Star 93 team have been finding life difficult in Ligue 2. We only got 1 point from our first 7 games! Luckily we've rallied somewhat and I even think we'll be safe now. Fingers crossed...

Unlucky SnakeXe, but gratz for writing the line that made me laugh my ass off:

as my scout who'd said he was Serie A potential was taken out behind the stadium and shot.

nice.

and unlucky for you too ToMexico, but maybe this extra season will stand you in good stead when you go up next time.

In Russia, Cherno are still doing OK, with just goal difference keeping them off top after 8 games. Tbh the thing that's holding us back is the '3 foreigners' rule, tho its only 3 in the first XI, so i can rotate most of them.

That's great LLR! Start the tutoring early.

Nice season again SnakeXe. Hope you can improve on the squad and take the step up. Looks well within reach.

That looks really promising Almondo. Hope your form in the league is as good.

Looking good ToMexico. It's annoying when you get that one team that's so good they really don't belong in the division like Köln. But next year you'll take the step up for sure.

ok, so i thought i found a bug, which i have and now i need to be uber careful as it seems capable of essentially crashing the game.

basically, i can only have 3 foreigners in the first XI, and if i try to sub in a 4th on the tactics screen it stops me with a warning message.

however, if i do a quick substitution on the match screen, despite it throwing up the warning it still goes ahead and makes the sub. you can only click 'ok' on the warning, so if i do it by accident its not like i can back out of it.

anyway, having got 4 foreigners on the pitch i got a russian player injured and now it wont allow me continue cos i have 4 foreigners on, and i cant sub any of them off as i only have 1 sub left, and i cant continue anyway, cos i have an injured player on the pitch :(

Well my team is now 7 games without a win and we have slid from 2nd and only 2pts back to 10th, and possibly 11th if we cannot pick it up.

Time for the No Pressure team talks to come in handy...Also still looking for a striker who can score, my youth ones are going to play now...

dr p wigwam - Do you have any Russians left on the bench? If so, try sub'ing one of the foreigners for a Russian. I've managed to continue playing games with injured players still being on the field (or looking like they are on the field on the overview at least, they aren't actually there ofc).

Thanks everyone! Glad I'm amusing some of you ;)

I think next season depends on a successful tactical shift over the summer, as it plainly wasn't working any more last season.

Great season ToMexico, just a shame it didn't result in promotion! Glad to see Cheeky doing well for you as well :)

Albion Rovers 2013/2014

1st in Scottish Second Division (pred: 8th) | Transfers | Finances | Graph

The League

This season started a lot better than the last one, to say the least. We won 8 in a row and had a 16-1-3 record come January. We were top of the table, but Dundee wasn't far behind. We didn't quite keep up the form for the second half of the season. Lots of draws in boring games, but we only lost 2 more and in the end there was no doubt. Promotion!

The Cups (Challenge Cup | League Cup | Scottish Cup)

The League and Scottish cups aren't much to talk about, although we did beat Premier League side St. Mirren in the League Cup on penalties. The Challenge Cup however, even though it's the Mickey Mouse Cup of Scotland, was a nice surprise. We beat 3 first division sides to on our way to glory. Hopefully that's a sign that we have the quality to stay up already.

The Players

Lots of new signings again, and a few really good ones (for this level). Here's some of the new ones:

Nick Blackman - The first to arrive and my highest transfer fee spent so far (£14k). I asked the board to adjust the budget just to bring him in. He didn't disappoint me, scoring 30 in 35 starts.

Victor Palsson - Mentioned him already. Very consistent performer. He can play many positions, but central midfield was his place this season.

Alan O'Brien - Had a decent season on the leftwing, but was injured to often. 13 weeks in total with 3 different injuries.

David Buchanan - A much needed quality leftback. Second most used player this season, very steady.

Paul McQuade - The backup striker to Blackman and sometimes rightwinger. Did great, and probably would have been just as lethal as Blackman if he'd played more games.

Nicolaj Koehlert - Brilliant (for this level) attacking midfielder. Scoring goals and assisting them.

Kaby - This Portuguese midfielder was released by Chelsea, and he Palssons partner for most of the season.

Samir Abbes - Probably our best player this season. Joined late cause I scouted France late (only have 4 scouts still). He was injured for a long period, but when he played he always gave us something. A goal, an assist, a MoM appearance.

Here's the squad ratings for the whole team. Oliver Gill, Ignasi Miquel, and Kerrea Gilbert were the best of the old players.

The Finances

We lost a bit of money this year for the first time. Mostly due to paying out £118k in bonuses.

The Top Level

A bit of a swap at the top as Celtic won it with Dundee Utd and Rangers following 11 and 12 points behind. Rangers didn't manage to get to the group stages of the Champions Cup, but instead reached the 1st KO round of the EURO Cup and were knocked out by Dortmund. Dundee didn't make it through either qualifier, and Celtic didn't manage a single win in their EURO Cup group against AEK, Dynamo Kyiv and Salzburg. Really sad.

The Future

I'm hoping at least the best 13-14 of our squad will be good enough to stay up. And hopefully we can find some more free transfers to boost that quality again. We have a stadium of just 1,2k capacity. So far our average attendance is only half of that, but the board were planning a move to a new stadium. Sadly the local council have blocked those plans.

[b][u][color="Blue"]CLUB HISTORY[/color][/u][/b]

[b]SEASON	LEAGUE	POS.	S-CUP		L-CUP		EUROPE		NOTES[/b]
[b]11/12[/b]	S3D	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/NewAlbion/s1tab.jpg"]1st[/url]	-		2nd round	-		Promoted
[b]12/13[/b]	S2D	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/NewAlbion/s2tab.jpg"]5th[/url]	3rd round	3rd round	-		-
[b]13/14[/b]	S2D	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/NewAlbion/s3tab.jpg"]1st[/url]	5th round	3rd round	-		Promoted. Won Challenge Cup.
S3D - Scottish 3rd Division | S2D - Scottish 2nd Division

[b][u][color="Blue"]TROPHY CABINET[/color][/u][/b]

[b]Scottish Second Division[/b] - [url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/NewAlbion/s3tab.jpg"]13/14[/url]
[b]Scottish Third Division[/b] - [url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/NewAlbion/s1tab.jpg"]11/12[/url]

[b]Scottish Challenge Cup[/b] - [url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/NewAlbion/s3ccup.jpg"]13/14[/url]

Cheers Ohanzee, Snake and dr wigwam :thup:

Had a decent pre-season and had some decent budgets to bring in what I could. Really struggling to sign strikers at the moment so only have 3 on the books. Finding decent German players are hard to come by too, my domestic player bias is down at 35%, with just 5 players in the first team squad.

Archived