FM11 Big Euro Nation: Small Club to Big Club Challenge

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quick question for anyone out there. I may have made a change to the database to make the German team use real players. Is that allowed in the challenge (I know we can't use the editor, but this isn't really editing anything) or should I change it back?

PRDH going through as many teams as Roy Hodgson here...

good luck and a bug free game, man :)

Ha! Thanks. I'm starting a new game after the database fiddle mentioned above. So I'm going to hopefully get the Kickers again. But otherwise it might be a third team!!

Red_Star_Paris_logo.PNG

2012/13 - Red Star Football Club 93 - French National Division

Transfer Budget: £14k

Wage Budget: £12.3k p/w

Transfers - 10 IN (£0k) & 15 OUT (£49k)

In pre-season we finished the job of removing the deadwood in our squad, clearing our 14 players. We also sold Louhoungou for £30k in the January transfer window. Louhoungou was one of four players added to the squad in pre-season to bring extra depth to an already solid squad. Thankfully the other three made much more of an impression! Im March, with promotion looking likely and with wage budget to spare, we went on the look-out for talent that will help up us in the step up to Ligue 2 football. This has seen us bring a further 6 players, including 4 of them midfielders. Although none of them were signed in time to be registered to play this season, reports from my Assistant Manager tell me that they are all going to be important players in the coming season. Defensive midfielder Milan Smiljanic looks particularly solid.

League - Winners

Red Star were again predicted by the media to finish 14th, although the Board were demanding a top half finish. We got off to a solid start with two wins from three and then never really looked back. As you can see from the league positions graph, once we hit the top spot we never looked like losing it. So, an unexpectedly successful league campaign, especially as our core squad was pretty much the same as the one we'd had in place in the second half of last season. What made the difference? Well, the squad were certainly more gelled, which put us on a strong footing from the start. We switched to a more attacking mentality which the players responded to brilliantly, pitching in goals from all positions. And we employed a squad rotation system which kept the big players fresh for important games.

French Cup - 10th Round

Another good run in the Cup. We played under-strength sides throughout and achieved a massive giant-killing in the 9th Round, thrashing Ligue 1 OGC Nice 4-0 at home! We came down to earth with a bump in the next round however, this time being on the receiving end of a 4-0 defeat away from home at the hand of Ligue 2 side En Avant de Guingamp.

Key Players

Matias Saad. Saad was once again the team's top scorer, scoring 15 goals from 20 starts and 19 sub appearances. Not as prolific then as last season, but he was in fantastic form nonetheless, averaging 7.22 a game, providing 9 assists and grabbing 6 man of the match awards. However, with a few red arrows starting to appear, he is a player in decline, so it will be interesting to see how he performs at the next level.

Soilyho Mete. Central defender was the surprise player of the season, notching up an average of 7.33 per game - the second best average in the league - contributing 7 goals from set-pieces. I'm not sure he's got what it takes to succeed in Ligue 2 however, so he may be an unfortunate casualty in my summer clear-out.

Karim Sadki was our star man in midfield, averaging 7.22 from over 30 appearances. He bagged 5 goals all of which were long distance belters. And he created a further 11 too. A great player this season, although he will find competition tough next season as we've already signed another four quality midfielders.

Finances - £233k

We made a profit of £164k this season, helped by keeping the wage bill under control, a few player sales and a decent Cup run. I'm hoping this means the Board will be in a position to give me a good boost to the wage and transfer budgets next season.

Next Season Ambitions

Stay up!

Season	League			        Position 	     Achievements/Wins
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12	French National	                9th		     Consolidated. 10th Rnd Cup
2012/13	French National	                1st		      FN Winners, 10th Rnd Cup

I've actually got some decent youngsters here. Including a central defender called Dominique Fennell. Pity Mark Fish has retired. I reckon they'd make a delicious combination in the centre of the park. Cookery joke for you there. I'm truly sorry.

Cheers Almondo and PRDH. And good luck with Stuttgarter dude. Hopefully, you can finally get your challenge up and running!

Cheers! Although I like to think I got Pajara Playas up and running in my two and a bit seasons. Promotion, and sitting in midtable in Liga adelante when the suspensions started. But yeah. The Kickers are going to get my sull attention now.

I've actually got some decent youngsters here. Including a central defender called Dominique Fennell. Pity Mark Fish has retired. I reckon they'd make a delicious combination in the centre of the park. Cookery joke for you there. I'm truly sorry.

Oh dear God... :rolleyes:

Good luck PRDH, although as a fan of rivals VfB Stuttgart, I would just say: Good luck, except against Stuttgart. :p

The clue to the eventual results there is in the team name. Stuttgarter Kickers - we are going to give them a kicking! ;)

The clue to the eventual results there is in the team name. Stuttgarter Kickers - we are going to give them a kicking! ;)

Get promoted a couple times first. ;)

Kick Bayern and Schalke for all I care. The Stuttgarter K name kind of reminds me of Heinz Ketchup Kickers... (I know random lol...)

Logo-3.png

2012/13 - Hallescher FC - German Third Division

Transfers - 11 IN for 14k & 12 OUT for Zero

League - Again more overachievement for Die Hallenscher, tipped for relegation we put up more than a fight to achieve a mid-table position. We had shock results over the likes of Cottbus, 1860 Munich, Duisburg and St Pauli to name a few, including the double over 1860 Munich. We ended top scorers in the league with 73, the league winners Frankfurt scored 2 less.

Squad List/Stats

Top Scorer - Manasseh Ishiaku, 15

Most Assists - Filip Trojan, 13

Most MOM - Manasseh Ishiaku, 4

Ave Rating - Besart Berisha, 7.44

Other Notable Players - Florian Kringe & Przemyslaw Kazmierczak

Finances - We got a huge 3.5m in prize money for finishing in 10th. Average attendances increased to 7261 to keep the finances in check over the course of the season.

Season  | League          | Pos  | Cup           | Europe            | Other Achievements
11/12   | 3rd Division    | 2nd  | n/a           | n/a               | Promoted
12/13   | 2nd Division    | 10th | 1st Rnd       | n/a               | Consolidation

Well hello again. I have a new manager to introduce to you all. Pete Harmer stands before you as the most recent appointment at SV Stuttgarter Kickers.

The Kickers are naturally fierce rivals with their more illustrious neighbours contesting the Stuttgart Derby (when they can). They play in the 11,544 capacity GAZi-Stadion auf der Waldau (it's a mystery to me). They come with a squad of players and an assistant manager, as well as a healthy wage budget of £44,000pw.

The do however expect a safe mid-table position. So the pressure is on to hit the ground running.

The Kickers have a decent history, finishing as First Division runners up in 1908.

Good luck. My save with the kickers is going quite well. The board are quite co-operative :)

I'd love £40k wage bill to play with! Mine was £18k, realised one player (there before I started) was on £4,200 per week :confused:

I just stated a game managing Trento in Italian C2/A (will post a profile soon) and got a wage budget of £10K. The only problem is that defender Stefano Lorenzi, who is by far the best player who already was at the club, is on £4k a week! :eek:

I just stated a game managing Trento in Italian C2/A (will post a profile soon) and got a wage budget of £10K. The only problem is that defender Stefano Lorenzi, who is by far the best player who already was at the club, is on £4k a week! :eek:

Ouch! Might have to get rid, I did in the end, even though he was a great player :(

SV_Wuppertaler.png

Season review 2012/13 - Wuppertaler SV Borussia

League - 5th

So another season of comlete and utter overachievement for Der WSV. Initially given the task to just attempt to avoid relegation it got to christmaS and the baord allowed me to change the expectations of Der WSV. CHoosing a mid table finish I under played how good my team were and we nearly got a playoff spot. I think however not going up to division 1 this season could benefit the club in the long run.

German Cup - 1st round exit

Having been drawn against HSV I didn't have the biggest of hispes for this competition and neither did the board as they just wanted us to enjoy it. However we almost got a big upset after taking them to penalties after a well fought out 0-0 draw over 120 minutes.

Transfers

Having been given a transfer budget of exactly £0 all the transfers in were on frees. The biggest signing this season was the Jamaican sensation who played for Wigan Athletic at one point, Nathan Ellington.

Finances

Basically after being in the red for most of the season the finances were boosted by £4 million plus in prize money for the final position. Hopefull I'll get a transfer budget next season.

Key Players

Johnny Leoni. The swiss keeper was great for most of the season with hihs performances keeping us in games and helping us to a 12 match unbeaten run in the middle of the season.

Michele Rigione. THe young itallian defender is the first of a trio of young itallian payers to make their mark on the german 2nd division.

David Krecidlo. The starting right back and vice captain. He put in some good performances but must be looking over his sholder for Endres taking his spot.

Luca Siligardi. The second of the itallian trio was brought in to help Rigione settle in Germany. He made the right wing spot his own once he got there after the first few games he played being on the left.

Andrea Romano. The third itallian and arguably the best. He bossed the midfoeld and chipped in with a few goals as well.

Patrick Derdak. The clubs top scorer this season with 17 goals.

One's for the future

Here I will try and point out one young player who I think will become a star for Der WSV so without further ado may I present

Christian Endres. I brought Endres into the first team due to having both of my first team right backs out. Although only 17 he stepped up and looked good either starting or coming off the bench. Once he got in the squad he quickly becaame my number 2 right back.

In other news I got offered the FSV Frankfurt job but told them where to go.

Season      Division       position        Acheivements
---------------------------------------------------------
11/12      German 3rd       2nd            Promotion
12/13      German 2nd       5th            None

Get promoted a couple times first. ;)

Kick Bayern and Schalke for all I care. The Stuttgarter K name kind of reminds me of Heinz Ketchup Kickers... (I know random lol...)

Just beat Stuttgart 5-1. Admittedly it was their B team, but never mind - I'm going to take it!

Albion Rovers 2011/2012

1st in Scottish Third Division (pred: 9th) | [Transfers | Finances | Graph

The League

It started horrible with 3 losses, but once the squad gelled we started winning. At one point we won 10 games in a row in the league, and in the end we were in a class of our own up top. 13 points clear of 2nd place. I'm especially pleased to see us score so many goals. Not overly pleased with the defending at times, but I guess it's good enough for this level.

The Cups

In the Challenge Cup (which is a cup for the divisions below the Premier League) we did really well. We even beat two 2nd division sides on our way to the Semi Finals. But Dunfermline (who finished 2nd in the 1st division) were much to strong.

The League Cup was ok as well as we beat 2nd division side Raith to make it to the 2nd round. Sadly we drew Premier League side (and our parent club) Motherwell and even though we put up a good fight it wasn't enough.

The Scottish Cup was much the same, beating a non-league side and a team from our own division before crashing out against 1st division oposition.

The Players

It's probably easy to see from the league table that our attacking players did better than our defensive players. Wingers Chris Hamilton and Tony McParland both had great seasons. As did strikers Francis Jeffers and Graham Bayne. Attacking midfielder Frank Lagana also set up plenty of goals. Of those only Bayne and Jeffers were brought in by myself.

The Finances

Looking good. Not sure why we can't spend more on wages to be honest.

The Top Level

Rangers won it for the 2nd year running, a head of Celtic of course. Behind them it's really close between 5-6 teams. Rangers got to the 1st KO round of the Champions Cup where Arsenal beat them. Celtic ended 3rd in their EURO Cup group. No other team made it to Group Stages.

The Future

No idea what to expect of the next season. We beat some 2nd division teams in the Cups, so I think my goal is at the very least to stay up.

[b][u][color="Blue"]CLUB HISTORY[/color][/u][/b]

[b]SEASON	LEAGUE	POS.	S-CUP		L-CUP		EUROPE		NOTES[/b]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[b]11/12[/b]	S3D	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/NewAlbion/s1tab.jpg"]1st[/url]	-		2nd round	-		Promoted
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
S3D - Scottish 3rd Division

[b][u][color="Blue"]TROPHY CABINET[/color][/u][/b]

[b]Scottish Third Division[/b] - [url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/NewAlbion/s1tab.jpg"]11/12[/url]

Newton's Darfo Boario

End of Season

2011/12 Serie C2/A

Difference of Goals

The Present

The Quick Reference

Predicted: 16th

Actual: 7th (Graph)

Serie C Cup: Group Stage: 4th Group A

The Manager: Jono Newton - History

Finances: £50k (119th Ita)

Season Tickets: 376

The Squad: All Players

Transfers: 2011/12 In:17 (£0), Out:8 (£1)

Confidence: Untouchable

Achievements: 13/86 (^15%)

The Tale of the Tape

Well our season started very poorly as we struggled to get results early on, the turn around point seemed to be in mid-October, we faced Pizzighetonne and managed to walk away with a 2:0 victory, Longo & Brindelli scoring in that one. From that point onwards we managed to slowly climb up the table. At one point I was hopeful that even after the disastrous start that we would make the promotion playoffs, it was not to be though as the club was not quite good enough. In the end we missed out on goal difference alone, this was to be expected as we had shipped a large number of goals early on in the season. The season was obviously enough over expectations that the media thought that I deserved a runner-up slot in the Manager of the Year award.

The Serie C Cup is nothing but a training exercise, I did try in the early games, but when I realised it meant two games a week for my old dogs I decided it was a better idea to just put out the youth. We still managed two draws and two losses to not finish last.

Moments like These

Ooooh Aaaaah Moment

That moment of spectacular goalscoring

The Goal of the Month for February saw Margiotta score a stunning goal after he picked up the ball in his own half, he dribbled down the field and slotted the goal from 18 yards out.

Minties Moment

It's moments like these..

A Goal scored from a Free Kick that bounced off the upright and then off the goalie and into the net to give us a 2:2 draw.

**Video**

Melting Moment

That moment of first love

This goes to Luca Ferrari this season, just an awesome season right throughout, but the moment of first love was when he scored the teams first ever Hattrick against Pergocrema in April, he then went on to be the only member of the Darfo Boario side named into the Serie C2/A Team of the Year.

**Video**

What the...? Moment

The moment of why did that happen

The fans of Mezzocorona were in for a goalfest, completely unexpected this time around as the week before they had seen an 8 goal Serie C2/A record as their boys had drawn 4 all with ????. Well just a week later and Darfo Boario were on their way to town, by halftime it was 2:2, but that was never going to be enough. After 73 minutes the home town boys led 5:3 and it looked to be over, but Newton sends all his boys forward and goals are scored in the 74th & 91st minutes to break the goals scored record with a 5:5 final result.

**Video**

Oh Dolly Moment

Can we Clone you?

Casale Calcio, they may have been relegated, but we want them back, or at least a clone of them for the new season. We beat them twice over the season 3:0 & 4:0.

I wasn't Ready Moment

Time for a rematch

After just 19 minutes into a game against League Leaders Pro Patria we were down 4:0, a disastrous start, clearly my players were not ready to go, can we have a rematch? We went on to draw the rest of the match 2:2, but a 6:2 defeat is just not the correct way to go forward.

Do you need some Glasses Moment

Sick of screaming at the Ref?

Well I was finally justified this time around, their player clearly handballs and then smashes it into the net. Yet the referee lets the goal stand, afterwards I complain to the FA, and lo and behold they are silent.

The Key Players

Players Stats

Goalkeepers

GK: Marco Murriero - He came in as an injury replacement for Scotti, and did what I didn't think was possible he managed to keep clean sheets.

GK: Francesco Scotti - He was the number 1 keeper all season long, he is definitely the one I want to keep in goal, a lot more reliable than Murriero who is leaving.

Defense

DR: Alessandro Birindelli - The 37 year old was brilliant down the right flank throughout the season, but I doubt he will last much longer with the club so I will be looking for a future replacement.

DL: Andrea Lazzarini - He had the best rating of any of our players, but he may not be around in the new season as the board would not give me enough to re-sign his contract. I am seriously hoping I can find a way to sign him, if not I need some serious strength.

DC: Olivier N'Siabamfumu - One of our two internationals this season, the 26 year old was the best rock at the back of our team, but he also took a few suspensions throughout the season, the worst being a two match ban coming from one game. His first yellow saw him banned after 4 yellow cards, then his second yellow saw him get a ban for a red card. (Bug?)

Midfield

MC: Alessandro Borgese - The midfielder was one of our strong points this season, he managed to score 9 goals and assist on another 6. While this is nothing near what we need he was better than most of our team.

AMC: Luca Ferrari - He generally played in between Bau & Borgese if they were fit and he scored 9 goals and got 9 assists in his season, my player of the season.

MC: Raffaele Longo - A pretty good season in the midfield from Longo, but another 34 year old who is going to need replacing as he is getting a bit brittle.

Strikers

ST: Massimo Margiotta - The Venezuelan was the best of our strikers, but he was still poor infront of the net. He only managed 6 goals over the whole season which is just not good enough for a top striker.

ST: Guesch Tsinda - The Congolese player enjoyed playing alongside his democratic brother, but he was one of three international strikers brought into the squad this season, he performed pretty well, but we really need some improvements upfront.

Youth Watch

ST: Alessandro Luparini - The youngster didn't make it onto the park, but he is definitely the best prospect our club has so far, of course that means nothing when he is only supposed to be good enough for the club at this level, by the time he gets to his potential we hope to be up a few divisions.

DL: Tomasso Massieri - He actually made it onto the park following a spate of injuries in the defense, but he didn't perform well enough, he is projected to be better than our current left backs, but that is years away yet.

The Past

League Records

|----------|----------|-----------|----------|-----------------------------------|
|  Season  |  League  | Final Pos |  Europe  |            Achievements           |
|----------|----------|-----------|----------|-----------------------------------|
|  [url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/233557-FM11-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=6098653&viewfull=1#post6098653"]2011/12[/url] |   C2/A   |    [url="http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/2193/italianseriec2ainformat.png"]7th[/url]    |          |                None               |

Club Records & Competition History

All Records:

Highest League Position: 7th Serie C2/A

Highest Attendance: 1857

Biggest Win: 4-0

Biggest Loss: 2-6

Highest Score: 5-5

Sequences - Win: 3, Loss: 2, W/O Loss: 5, W/O Win: 8, W/O Conc: 2, W/O Score 2.

Most Goals in Match - Luca Ferrari: 3

Most Assists - Luca Ferrari: 9

Most MoM - Luca Ferrari: 3

Youngest - Andrea Niccolai: 16y 358d

Oldest - Alessandro Birindelli: 37y 176d

Highest Fee - Received: £1

Fastest Goal - 36s

Goalscorer - Youngest: 22y 10d, Oldest: 36y 338d

Competition History:

No Honours

The All-time Stars

Not completed Yet

The 100 Club

Not Completed Yet

Current Leader: Luca Ferrari - 36apps

Apps  Gls Asts MoM Av Rat
35 (1)  9    9   3   6.89

The Future

Predicted Finish: 14th

Expectations: Top Half

Transfer Budget: 0

Wage Budget: 8k

The Signings: None

The Youth: Claudi D'Eugenio

Darfo Boario's Fans Player of the season is Raffaele Longo, while the Best XI is Scotti, Birindelli, N'Siambamfumu, Pistore, Lazzarini, Longo, D'Antoni, Borgese, Zilli, Ferrari & Margiotta.

A Top half Finish gives me less wages than I am currently using...I am in trouble if I cannot even keep my current squad together.

That's a great first season in the 2nd division Almondo.

Monster review as usual LLR. Like the videos, was thinking that would be an especially nice addition for these challenge threads. Might just have to finally make myself an account over there.

The Scottish Premier League is now 21st in Europe. Apparently it was 27th last year (as it moved up 6 places). Meanwhile no one watches the Andorran Super Cup. :rolleyes: Must be based on the last 5 years or something this, as I think I've seen 27th after 1 season mentioned a few times already.

Achievement Unlocked: Record Sale !!!

£30,000 for Stephen O'Donnell, a rightback who was transfer listed by request. Not really feeling the glory of that one tbh. Gave me an amazing transfer budget of £4,5k though. Wage budget is up to £3,7k

Finding it hard to improve much on my squad atm, scouts aren't really helpful so far. But maybe the 2nd division isn't that much better in quality compared to 3rd. I really should know, since I played 9 seasons here on 2010, but I can't remember. Oh well.

Des, how long did it take you to post all that? You always seem to have lengthy end of season updates. :p

Well this time it took me about 6 hours (But that's cause it was nearly finished when my computer crashed and I hadn't saved)

Normally because I have templates ready to go etc about 2-3 hours :)

Something weird is going on with my game. I'm having trouble registering players for my squad. Because I can't get into a Squad Registration screen. There isn't any all of a sudden. The tab' above the playerlist that was there last season isn't there now.

Now I have a news report stating I must submit my squad, and when I hit the "Squad Registration" button in this news report I'm just taken to my squad screen and still can't register anyone. Hmf.

I don't like not having squad numbers, can't label my players, thinking of giving nicknames...eg 13. Francesco Scotti :p

Just made it to our first competitive game in season 2, signed a lot of loanees in the off season after losing Luca Ferrari for 5-6 months with a broken foot, then lost my best left back to a achilles tendon tear...

So much for using the Serie C Cup (Coppa Pro Lega) as a warm-up, we defeated Alto Adige & Bassano, then lost to Como & drew with Mezzacorona (Yes them again), we were tied 1:1 and I was down to ten men following an injury, a terrible penalty call saw me down to 9 men playing 2 defenders and a 2-3-1 in front of that, as we were down 2:1, and a huge shot scored to tie the game and put us into the knockout stages using mostly our youth squad...

I "fixed" my issue by going on holiday for 1 day. The game registered my squad automatically and the button is back. How ever it decided to register 14 u21 players who didn't need to be registered, and ignore 4 of my older players two of which had a squad status of "key player". Brilliant system! :mad:

It almost ruined my season to. We started losing and morale dropped to very low on almost everyone. Losing as big as 4-0, 5-1, etc in the league, and even losing in the cup to 3rd division sides.

Come January I could finally add the players I wanted to add to the squad. Luckily you can swap as many as you want around, so I tossed out all the u21 players who didn't need to be registered to play. I also brought in several free transfers, some just in a desperate attempt to raise morale by having at least a few players who wasn't unhappy.

And finally we managed to get a win. All of a sudden 20+ players where ok+ in morale. Bloody annoying system!! And we won 3 in a row, even 5-0 in one of them. Beating teams that had beaten the crap out of us when morale was low. I really really hate how hard it is to increase morale when it's low.

Anyways, atm we're sitting just around the relegation playoffs. 3 points down, which is amazing considering we where 7 points below the 2nd worst team 7 or so games ago. Gonna be a hard fight just to stay up though. Just pray my puppets don't have another morale breakdown.

Ffs, after crash dumps galore I had one last back up save which is from the middle of March. Re-holidayed from there and I have a new team to be. Arbroath! They were just relegated so a surprise to see them there. It was by goal difference I suppose! :)

So do I just take over as soon as the last game has been played or wait for a league reset anyway?

Archived