[FM11] FC United of Manchester Thread - The Red Rebels!

TacticalGenius

"FC United fans excited by Dick prospect"

Guess the fan base must be mostly female (or gay) :p

Anyway, I got promoted (champion, 110 pts, 30pts above the second one in the table) to L1, even though media prediction was 24th again.

One weird thing I noticed is that now the summer transfer window opens on the 6th of June. Not sure if it's because of the database or an issue with the game itself.

So far I managed to sign a few quality regens and Daryl Murphy, Jay McEverley as well as Victor Palsson (ex-Liverpool youngster). I'm trying to keep my wages low - I won't offer more than £2000 per week to anyone. My highest earners - McEverley and Josh Morris make £1900pw. Daryl Murphy (now 31) agreed to £1800 per week even though he was making around £20000 at Sunderland. Guess a few months of unemployment softened him a bit :)

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is such a frustrating save. Just as we're doing well, top of the table, good cup run etc. I'm hit with a **** load of injuries and suspensions. A month later and I'm 3rd and out of all the cups.

Getting sick of seeing my team fitness at 70% on matchdays.

Still I'm really enjoying the save tbh. 'mon promotion! I'll keep updating.

The reputation problem makes life harder in championship. Will probably lose my best player, my keeper.. although i should get 200k for him so not all too bad. Finally out of relegation zone now I found a good defensive tactic and my lone striker performing a little better.

I just restarted my FC Utd save for Dafuge's challenge due to frustration- first season I did well and got new signings, then second season every person I had signed first season who was good suddenly was terrible (attribute-wise and in-game). I brought in a great kepper who was terrible, and barely missed relegation.

So far my team has lost the first two matches in my new save, but I am pleased with the overall performances despite that. I brought in a number of players and will post some screens soon- I might sign one or two more guys.

Anybody know any good part-time schedules? I have a good full-time schedule, but I suck at making my own schedules so a little help would be nice.

I'm restarting my FC United save now, as I wasn't really enjoying it, done 3 consecutive seasons in League One always on mid-table finishes.

Anybody know any good part-time schedules? I have a good full-time schedule, but I suck at making my own schedules so a little help would be nice.

Just sign everyone in full time contracts, they take them as if they were the same as part time, you don't need to pay extras or anything like that.

Finished first season top of the table and now I'm in the Bet Premier. Still around June 10th but I've signed two new strikers on free's both of whom are considered to be 'good for League 1'. Hopefully these two guys will take me to the top of the table this season too! Oh also picked up Sean McGinty from Man Utd on a free

Finished first season top of the table and now I'm in the Bet Premier. Still around June 10th but I've signed two new strikers on free's both of whom are considered to be 'good for League 1'. Hopefully these two guys will take me to the top of the table this season too! Oh also picked up Sean McGinty from Man Utd on a free

I was always biased towards any ex-Man United youth reject too.

At this level nearly all DCs are slow and lumbering with low concentration. Any striker who's reasonably nippy will do very well for you. No matter how bad his finishing is, if you set up your tactics to play through balls down the centre, he'll get free to be one-on-one with the keeper. Just in terms of percentages, he'll put enough away to win you games.

Not been relegated hopefully, climbed up table a bit. Think I'll give up on the whole letting assist do the teamtalks, never seems to inspire my players. That's the problem, every league I'm predicted 24th but was promoted every year from BSN to League One, first attempt, and nearly every league match I'm the underdog even though I have a better team, so not too sure what's best.

Just started my FC United game yesterday and had a decent pre-season. I'm using my own version of TGs tactic and am off to a 1 win and 1 draw start through the first two games. Both games were on the road and had a 0-0 draw and a 3-2 win after being down 2-0 at halftime. Will keep everyone updated.

I got promoted to League One and can tell there's a huge difference in difficulty between L1 and L2. So far I'm in October with now wins, just draws and losses. The most exciting game, which ended 5-5, was against Portsmouth. I was losing 0-3 till the end of the first half, then slammed the team and in the second half they performed a bunch of miracles. I was actually leading 5-4 until the 94 minute :/

I finally got promoted to the Championship, only due to sheer luck, because my main rivals - Swindon - lost 7 games in a row at the end of the season :D

Not sure what happens to the reputation of the club after getting promoted to the championship, but I managed to sign some really good players on free transfer:

Gareth Barry (35, poor physical stats, but everything else great)

Titus Bramble (31, all stats really good)

Hamdi Salihi (31, Albanian striker with an excellent rating)

Edu Ramos (23, decent stats but rated as Premiiership material)

I am now looking at Craig Gordon, who at the moment is not interested in negiotiations, but will probably change his mind after sitting on his bum for a few months (nobody wants to offer him a contract). I also had Ibrahimovic and Ribery in mind, but they signed for more reputable clubs. Expecially Ibrahimovic would have been a great bargain - even though he was old, his stats were still stunning. I think he joined Ajax on a contract worth £7.500 pw. Strage thing is - I wanted to sign Routledge and offered him £6.000 pw. The bastard rejected it and two days later he accepted a contract from Morton (I'm pretty sure they have a lower rep) worth £1.500 pw :?

I'm trying to keep my finances under control and decided not to offer more than £8.000 pw to anyone. At the mo I thing I've got about 4 in the first team who get the £8000 and I'm still losing some £100k per week!

PS. For the first time I saw an increase in club membership income - for the first 5 years it was always 12k pa, this year I got 34k.

I'm restarting this challenge, since I was bouncing back and forth through L2 & L1 and failed to get to PRM before 2020 [which was my goal] what did amaze me tho is that I never got a single job offer from another club in 11 seasons?

Round 2, LLM Rules only.

Sure:

squadratings.png

npower Championship pre-season: (2015-16 season)

preseason2015.png

Routine wins.

Signings so far:

transfersps1516.png

Matchday squad:

squadps1516.png

I'm happy with my pretty young squad. Gurpegi, at 34, is one of only five players over 25. All signings were offered by agents, which means I've spent the most I've ever spent on agents' fees...

I really want to start a FC game but struggle to sign players? Can you guys recommend some players to sign and what leagues and players I should load?

Also who do you get as assistant manager? Really looking forward to getting this game going!

^

The easiest thing to do is search for players, who are EU nationals with an expired contract. Then sort them based on their international appearances. This way you might be able to pick up a few gems.

I usually load several leagues from the European Union, especially new member states because their footballers are cheap and don't demand too much in terms of their wage. I'd say you should add some leagues from the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Slovenia, Romania, Hungary and Poland.

As for the assman - you won't find much talent in lower leagues but try to find one, who has reasonable ratings for JPA, JPP and tactical knowledge. Motivating and determination can also be useful, but best to initially focus on the first three.

^

The easiest thing to do is search for players, who are EU nationals with an expired contract. Then sort them based on their international appearances. This way you might be able to pick up a few gems.

I usually load several leagues from the European Union, especially new member states because their footballers are cheap and don't demand too much in terms of their wage. I'd say you should add some leagues from the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Slovenia, Romania, Hungary and Poland.

All that makes it too easy. I only use my scout or assistant recommendations, and have signed one or two agent-offered players, after scouting or trialling them of course. And I only scout in England. :p

I'm going to give this a go as my career save is currently on hold whilst SI try to fix the Poland issue which means you can't load up previous save games. I'm holidaying now and I only have English leagies loaded down to BSN/BSS and 10000 players in total. It's only intended as a quick save and I plan on using players I get given so no signings. That's the plan anyway.

just drew spurs at home in the third round of the FA cup - first time i think the FA cup has properly meant something to me in this game. Three consecutive promotions has seen me nicely in League 2, and we're up to second with a few games in hand on first place. Has anyone managed to get a stadium yet?

Season 4 - League Two

Ended up running away with the league, finishing 20 or so points clear of second placed Oldham thanks mostly to an incredible twenty-eight game unbeaten streak. For the first time ever the goals were spread out across the team so got nowhere near any of the top scorer awards. Still no stadium, but the board are going to upgrade Youth Facilities and build me an Academy (...they claim)

Other Competitions:

Nothing of note. Crashed out of the FA Cup to a Crouch hat-trick in the Third Round (probably deserved but painful to see the human stepladder score all three). Went out in every other Cup at the first possible round.. not exactly planned but can't say I'm too fussed.

Anyway, pre-season came round and the 2m I'd held onto so carefully finally burnt a hole in my pocket. Once the Argentinians popped up on my player search as 'slightly interested' it was only a matter of time. £1.5m went on this chap:

agustnsavonarolaprofile.th.png

Definitely more than I planned on paying but I saw that two La Liga teams were interested so I offered his agent all that I could and hit last negotiation - he seemed impressed and here we are. Not the best start it has to be said but he has potential to be a nice little playmaker for us.

gabrielsnchezprofileatt.th.png

This lad only cost 160k because his club are apparently in chronic debt. Result! Looks like a lovely prospect and I'm stunned nobody else has gone for him - expect him to last half a season, throw his toys out the pram and then leave.

Other than that, I brought in a few freebies (ironically players released by Man Utd), whilst my major coup was once again holding onto Toni Silva:

tonisilvaprofileattribu.th.png

Without a doubt the best player at the club by a mile and always backs down in a transfer request row :D

---

Anyway, League 1 has been pretty tricky so far, probably because of all the new faces. Predicted 24th as per usual but I'm hoping for playoffs... and that academy

Archived