FM11: Liverpool FC Thread: Getting Back To Where We Belong

lfc7

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Season 3 Report 2012/2013

Last season I managed to get our record breaking 19th title and won the FA Cup and League Cup. This season my aim was to try and repeat that feat and do better in the Champions League. Here is how I did:

EnglishPremierDivisionInformation_LeagueTable.png

Last game of the season I was 3 points behind Arsenal with me playing Wolves at home and Arsenal hosting Chelsea. We did our part by beating Wolves 3-1. Fortunately Torres scored in the 3rd minute for Chelsea and it stayed like that to give us our 20th league title. In truth I feel quite fortunate to have won the league as Arsenal was always in front of us all season. A 30 game unbeaten run in the league was undoubtedly the key factor.

FA Cup: 2 years on the bounce we had won this trophy and I wanted to make it a 3rd. Lincol away and Newcastle at home were easily dispatched with. A thrilling 5-3 win over Blackburn at home put us in the quarters. Arsenal then faced us at Anfield and we walked away 1-0 winners but it could and should have had more goals but i'm not complaining. Onto Wembley we went and Everton were no match for us after a 5-0 win. 3rd final in a row and Fulham didn't put up much fight and our 3rd FA Cup in a row came courtesy of a 3-0 win.

League Cup: We won this last year and even though it's not an important cup I still want to win it. The youngsters did well though beating Fulham away 2-1, then Millwall away 4-1. Wolves at home in the quarters was comfortable with a 2-0 win. Man Utd faced us in the semis and I sent a strong team out thinking that they would do the same. They surprised me and we took a 2-0 lead back to Anfield. More of the youngsters played in the second leg and we was a bit fortunate for the game to end 0-0. Onto the final and the youngsters beat Nottingham Forest 3-0 after extra time. Domestic treble complete for second time in a row.

Champions League:

Last year we got knocked out in the First Knockout Round after a 100% group stage record. Our Group Stage opponents this year were CSKA Moscow, Leverkusen and Anderlecht. For the second year in a row we won all of the group stage games. We drew Shakhtar in the First Knockout Round and in the first leg we took a 4-3 lead back To Anfield after a thrilling match. The second leg was straight forward after a 3-0 win. The quarters gave us a tough draw at Inter in the next round. In the first leg at the San Siro was one of our best performances of the season after a 4-0 win (highlights posted on here). I grew a bit complacent in the second leg and fielded a few youngsters. We lost 4-1 so we went through 5-4 on aggregate fortunately. Into the Semi Finals where we faced Marseille. The French team went down to ten men in the first half of the first leg and we took a 2-0 lead back to their place. The second leg was very difficult and we ended up going to extra time. We was playing well though and deserved the two goals in extra time to book our place in the final against Real Madrid. Here is how it finished:

LiverpoolvRMadridInformation_Overview.png

We converted our chances they missed theirs fortunately. Think the scoreline flatters us a little bit but think we deserved it. The first of many quadruples I hope.

The Squad:

LiverpoolLiverpool_Players-1.png

I'm really happy with the squad and I don't think I need to improve it really. Kuyt's contract i've let expire but that's more games for Suso who I think I will retrain to AMR. Kelly is proving a decent backup for RB and I expect Robinson to start pushing for a first team place soon though hes not improving much. Wilson and Jones will be the CB pairing for a long time and are absolute beats at corners. I will probably let Joe Cole go at the end of next season with his contract running out and replace him next year. Thinking of maybe selling Carroll as he's not had a good season really. Might give him till January to prove he is good enough.

Transfers:

LiverpoolTransfers_History-1.png

I hadn't really planned on spending that much money really until I decided I needed a right winger. Madrid then came in for Agger and I couldn't really refuse them with his contract having 2 years left. Jones was more expensive than I wanted but I feel will be worth it. Bochetti has been very solid and the other 3 are regens. I definitely won't spend much this summer.

Awards:

English Football of the Year: Hulk 1st 36 games 25 goals 13 assists

English Premier Division Golden Boot: Hulk 1st 36 games 25 goals 13 assists

English Players Player of the Year: Eden Hazard 1st 32 games 10 goals 12 assists Marek Hamsik 3rd 30 games 5 goals 10 assists

English Players Team of the Year: Reina, Bochetti, Hamsik, Hulk, Hazard (sub)

English Young Players of the Year: Alexis Sanchez 2nd 32 games 6 goals 6 assists

English Manager of the Year: Me 2nd time in 3 years

Champs League Golden Boot: Hulk 2nd 9 games 8 goals 6 assists

Champs League Best Player: Hulk 1st 9 games 8 goals 6 assists Alexis Sanchez 10 games 4 goals 6 assists

Champs League Dream Team: Reina, Wilson, Hamsik, Hulk

Other News

Anfield being upgraded to 55000 all seater stadium

Youth Facilities being upgraded

Youth Recruitment Network being upgraded

Werner decided to put in £10M which is basically funding stadium expansion

Hey guys, what's up?

I'm thinking about starting a new career with Liverpool, but I need a 4-3-1-2 tactic with 3 MC's, does anyone know where I can find a good one?

Thanks in advance

I've played two saves with a 4-3-1-2.

The first i converted to in season 2 with a very strong midfield and Kwadwo Asamoah and Sandro converted to fullbacks.

It was a 'very fluid tactic' with my fullbacks set to attacking and the midfield set up as two ballwinners in support with a deeplying playmaker defend. I was undefeated into February, one of my best teams ever, when my save got corrupted and the closest save i had was the team in November. I got very mad and deleted the save.

I just finished the first season using the same formation but 'balanced' as i couldn't score enough playing 'very fluid' with the team i had. To start i knew that i wouldn't score enough with a 4-3-1-2 unless my 3 up front players were outstanding so i spent almost everything on Pastore immediately.

As mentioned i started as 'very fluid' but i lost Gerrard for 6 months 7 games in and that really hurt. Struggled into January then made the change to 'balanced', the team had blended by that time and i was getting the morale straightened out. Sandro came in on loan (DR) and i sold a couple of players and bought Asamoah for DL.

The team took off, and i mean i started a massive win streak, Sandro wingback auto and Asamoah FB auto. The midfield due to injuries was a massive combination of different players and roles including Kuyt playing brilliantly as ballwinning MC support.

Came from well back to finish 3rd 6 points from first (Chelsea then Arsenal), won the Europa League Suarez getting the winner at Aviva Stadium versus Olympique Marseilles, and had the FA Cup all but won when we were upset in the semi-final by Blackburn (Blackburn!!!) who beat Stoke (Stoke!!!) in the Final.. very disappointing.

I started the season exchanging N'Gog for Hulk (you can get Hamsik or Lavezzi if you choose) which makes me feel a little guilty about this save, so much so that i'm thinking of restarting, even though i really don't want to, he had 35 goals and 16 assists, Suarez had 28. Carroll, like most of my team, got hurt for the last half of the season and scored 12.

Anyway the 4-3-1-2 is a great formation and there are a few different ways of playing it, look in Uncle Sams Brazilllian Tactics thread i think he talks about it in there.

The LFC thread is an excellent one some great contributors here, thanks to all those that post.

2 trophies in August already for us in Season 4. Beat Arsenal in the Community Shield 1-0 and then same again first game of league season at Anfield. Beat Manchester City 1-0 in the Euro Super Cup as well.,

Season 1 review

league

leagued.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Fa cup:Rd 6

Carling cup;Rd 3

Europa league:2nd knockout rd

TransfersNone

Forgot to print out my stats but Suraez & Kuyt were my top scores over 20 goals not bad to finish 5 without signing anyone already signed 9 players for season 2 should get back in the top 4 with the squad i have

alright lads. just about to load up my save, in season 7 now and really enjoying it but tempted to start a new save and let season 1 holiday and start at the end of that
If theres a chance to knock fergie off id carry on.In my save im gonna play my 2nd string team in the group stages then my full squad in the knockout rds

If theres a chance to knock fergie off id carry on.In my save im gonna play my 2nd string team in the group stages then my full squad in the knockout rds

he retired in my save. never ot 19!! :) i won the PL in season 3 and he retired the day after:)

have a great squad in that game and have managed to keep the players i want at the club. just tempted to try again

he retired in my save. never ot 19!! :) i won the PL in season 3 and he retired the day after:)

have a great squad in that game and have managed to keep the players i want at the club. just tempted to try again

I did 7 seasons without winning the league so i started again but im gonna go on until i knock that red nose of his perch

The same happened to me. Nice to see old whisky nose had been replaced by Steve Bruce :)

mike phelan took the job in my save and got sacked. beilsa the argentina coach is now their boss and he likes me!! strange

Need a good tactic and some advice on players for Liverpool on 11.3.......have about £50million to spend generated through sales including Agger to Man City. Have got Neymar and Mertesacker(he hasn't started well for me). Any advice would be greatly received. Thanks in advance :)

Alright lads loading up for an hr last night in work tonight then 3 off

Noticed a few people posted reviews up well done and good luck with the new season

Glenn Hulk is amazing on my save always bangs the goals in for me

Need a good tactic and some advice on players for Liverpool on 11.3.......have about £50million to spend generated through sales including Agger to Man City. Have got Neymar and Mertesacker(he hasn't started well for me). Any advice would be greatly received. Thanks in advance :)

i use my own 4-2-4 which sometimes goes to 4-4-2 (AML/AMR) I posted the roles on the previous page I think as for players Neymar plays well for me as a poacher as for Mertescaker as he lacks pace try am play him in a role where he doesn't get caught out or have him deep

The likes of Hazard, Sánchez, Vertonghen, Tolói, Götze, Eriksen, Hulk, Cavani, Pjanic, Giuliano, Azpilicueta are all good signings (just liste most of my signings) anyway good luck

decided to keep going with my save. just had 2 great results. beat Man City 1-0 away and smashed arsenal 4-0 at home. puts me 3 points ahead of arsenal after 8 games. that was their first loss of the season.

P8 W7 D1 L0. great start so far

Later mate.

Drew 1-1. Luckily. Now I'm 9 points clear of Utd with a game in hand :)

decided to keep going with my save. just had 2 great results. beat Man City 1-0 away and smashed arsenal 4-0 at home. puts me 3 points ahead of arsenal after 8 games. that was their first loss of the season.

P8 W7 D1 L0. great start so far

Well done lads :applause: keep it up

Pacheco got injured in nov and has just returned after 3 months out and in his first game back against Blackburn away he gets 4 goals :D

Hahaha, love it.

Just beat Roma 2-1 away in 1st leg of CL k.o :)

I'm off, later guys. Good luck in your saves.

alright guys, loading up. keep drawing in the fa cup so keep having to play replay matches = more fatigue for players!

Just drew 0 - 0 with City. Ref was a joke. Only my players get a yellow for everything and even got a sending off. Yet their players get nothing. Not even one yellow.

Phew. Held to a 1-1 draw against Roma in the 2nd leg at Anfield. 3-2 win on aggregate. They hit the post 3 times and crossbar once!!!

LOL another draw in the FA Cup hahaha.

Just drew Olympikios in quarters. Winner plays winner of Barcelona/ Real Madrid in semis.

Started my second season as Liverpool. I won the League and League Cup in the first season.

My current team is

GK: Jose Reina / Thibaut Courtois (talented young giant of a keeper from Belgium)

RB: Glen Johnson / Davide Santon (got him for free and I hope he improves)

CBR: Jamie Carragher / Martin Kelly / Raphael Verane (immense player, ready for the first team at seventeen and now first choice)

CBL: Daniel Agger / Danny Wilson

LB: Emiliano Insua / Jack Robinson / Taye Taiwo (Taiwo will be sold if Insua is consistent)

CMR: Lucas / Sven Bender / Lorik Cana (I got Cana mostly as a tutor but he's pretty good as a backup and I might sell Lucas or Bender later on)

CML: David Alaba / Jeremy Toulalan (I picked him up last year for £4.5m and he's been excellent as a Box-to-Box CM, Meireles has been sold for £15m)

AMC: Steven Gerrard / Jonjo Shelvey / Milan Badelj (Milan has developed really well and is probably my best pure playermaker)

AML: Eden Hazard / Maxi Rodriguez / Lewis Holtby

AMR: Lewis Holtby / Dirk Kuyt / Suso

ST: Luis Suarez / Sergio Araujo / Andy Carroll (Carroll is useless for me but I can't find anyone willing to buy him so I'm stuck with him for now)

I have a number of talented youngsters too that will get some playing time in the League and FA Cups such as Wickham, Chamberlain, Thorgen Hazard.

Eden Hazard is my star player, he got 22 assists in the league last year and scored 11 goals. He's also my biggest signing by far too.

Either Advanced Playmaker or treq. I would probably go with AP on the left because he is right footed so will cut inside a lot. Lots of through balls, crossing from deep, possibly shooting when possible & also train his PPM's to have curl shots or whatever it is on the selections. Works for me quite a lot but Im not the greatest tactition :p

Loading up guys :) Btw how do you all play Eden Hazard? I cant get him to perform on the left wing so i just have him at AMC, he does OK but nothing extraordinary.

I play him as a winger in the AML position but get him re training to make the postion Natural. he;s immense for me

****en great Lost Gerrard for 4 weeks & Cole 6 weeks in the same game also have Maxi & Carroll out on long term Injuries

I lost Gerrard and Carragher pre-season, Cole for 3 months, Johnson for 5 months, Maxi 2 months and now Agger for 4 months.

Started a new save. Bought one player - Alexis Sanchez £30MIL (usually I get him cheaper but for some reason they wouldn't go any lower :()

Started the Prem with 3 wins, scoring 12 and conceded 0. Gerrard has started off unbelievably with 7 league goals in 3 games! Also into the group stages of the Euro cup. So a good start to the season, lets hope I can keep it up :thup:

Just loading up now anyway :)

Started a new save. Bought one player - Alexis Sanchez £30MIL (usually I get him cheaper but for some reason they wouldn't go any lower :()

Started the Prem with 3 wins, scoring 12 and conceded 0. Gerrard has started off unbelievably with 7 league goals in 3 games! Also into the group stages of the Euro cup. So a good start to the season, lets hope I can keep it up :thup:

Just loading up now anyway :)

Great start mate.

I've practically won the league with 6 games to spare. Need 0 points to secure the league. 15 points ahead of Utd with a game in hand :p. Got Real Madrid in the Champs League semi final and Utd in the FA Cup final and they are also coincidently my last game of the season lol.

Yup, just won 3-0 and retained the League. 2 times in a row now. With 5 games to spare, I am tempted to let the kiddies play but i am on a 42+ unbeaten run (cant remember the exact number) so I want to keep that going. Maybe a mixture of kiddies and regulars. Keeping one eye on the semi against Real Madrid also.

Archived