FM11: Liverpool FC Thread: Getting Back To Where We Belong

lfc7

Do you guys actually have a back up keeper?

I don't feel like buying one only for him to complain about sitting on the bench, so for the past 3 seasons I've loaned the same goalkeeper from Barca and he's not said a word.

Since season 1, I brought Enyema (spelling - the Nigerian one) for £500k. he's been my back up and he's complained about wanting to leave, but he never has lol.

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Drew 1-1 At Anfield, which obviously means have to score at Stamford Bridge :( I got a Late Equaliser and Cech got MOTM so i was clearly having lots of chances, problem is Cavani is cup tied, so without him, But Gerrard is back for 2nd leg! Cmon!

Alright lads loading up or a bit

Well done to everyone who posted there reviews up I don't think anyone really seen mine as I posted it on sun night but if anyone is interests it's near the bottom of page 93

Nice one mate,7-0!! is that your own tactics your using or a downloaded one? Pretty heavy thrashing nonetheless!!

It's my own tactics mate I started making my own in fm10 and have gone from there they are normally alright but nothing special tbh but with this tactic I've made am doing pretty well tbh

I posted all the roles I use yday and formation I use 4-2-4 but sometimes switch to 4-4-2 (AML/AMR) but I always start each match with 4-2-4

It's my own tactics mate I started making my own in fm10 and have gone from there they are normally alright but nothing special tbh but with this tactic I've made am doing pretty well tbh

I posted all the roles I use yday and formation I use 4-2-4 but sometimes switch to 4-4-2 (AML/AMR) but I always start each match with 4-2-4

yeh sorry you did! i had a look at what you use and tweaked mine a little so thanks for that m8!!

I always try and make my own too but sometimes its also worth asking other players on ere what they do,ive not downloaded a tactic since 08 i think!!

yeh sorry you did! i had a look at what you use and tweaked mine a little so thanks for that m8!!

I always try and make my own too but sometimes its also worth asking other players on ere what they do,ive not downloaded a tactic since 08 i think!!

No harm in asking anyway am of for a bit I may be back on later cya lads

I've only ever downloaded tactics for a "fun" game (you know, the crazy ones, like managing City :p)

Good luck to y'all. I'm going to be back on mine tomorrow probably, decided against using myy transfer budget, I think, going to try and get the youth system upgraded instead. Aiming for a season of "regeneration", meaning that I would like 2nd in the league, a trophy and semi's of the CL. :D

Then, in my third season, the youth should have come on enough for me to be a serious heavyweight. Really looking forward to seeing what Jack Robinson will be like end of season two.

Brought in Adam Johnson for the left 18mil

Letting Kuyt and/or Maxi go out on loan/transfer

Feel I got a good squad to secure the league again, hopefully they gel quick

Reina

Lahm

G Johnson

Phil Jones

Skrtel

Agger

Wilson

Carragher (won't play much anymore)

Canella

Taiwo

Henderson

Barnetta

A Johnson

Meireles

Shelvey

Lucas

M'Vila

Gerrard

Kaka

Suarez

Derdiyok

Carroll

And I've kept the 4411 formation

Already won the CS against Chelsea 2-0, and the first league game away against Arsenal 3-0

Lets hope we can win the league again and get to the semis of the Champions League, the rest is not important

Oh and I'm going to upgrade the youth academy and facilities, because average is just too low for Liverpool

Omg, just lost the super cup against Madrid on penalties 3-0 (0-0 regular time).

Kaka, Barnetta and Lahm missing the first three penalties lol

I couldnt play Suarez because he was banned after collecting 5 yellows last year so Derdiyok played and he missed some CCC

Well that sucked lol

OMG in one game, Barnetta, Gerrard and Jordan Henderson injured (1month,2months,2-3months)

And is it just me or do I ALWAYS draw a big or subtop team in the English cups :/

Chelsea and them always get Championship teams until the semi's

I got Man City 4th Round, Chelsea Quarters in league cup :(

and did you guys realise Liverpool players get injuries far too regularly on FM? I have played quite a bit of FM and realised Liverpool get more injuries than any other teams :(

Get in!!!! Drew with Chelsea in 1st leg of Europa League Semi 1-1 at Anfield, so had to go Stamford bridge and score..they scored free-kick from edge of Area on 65th min, thought was over, Then changed tactics around, played a 4-3Mc-2(wingers)-1, And Weiss scored lovely counter attack goal (Think im gonna try bring him in Permanently next season) So thought was going to extra-time when had a corner and Kalou put it in his own net in 87th min! :D Serves em right for putting me out of Fa Cup! :D

How is everyones Jack Robinson coming along?

I gave him regular (35) games in the first season, and he has been slow to improve, but seems quite good so far. His physicals just aren't rising, though, which is a big disappointment, as they are his biggest weakness, imo. Hopefully end of season 2 he will have developed further. CL football should help :)

what formations does everyone use?

I use a 4-5-1 with M'Vila as a DM set as DLP, Hamsik/Shelvey as CM with AP with Support and Gerrard/Suso as CM with AP as Attack. The striker role depends on who is up front eg. Carroll as Target Man, Suarez as poacher etc. I'm finding it quite successful both defensively and offensively.

Ouch. 48month deals?

Nope. All paid upfront. Don't know what happened this season with the finances. I kept getting alot of money from transfers since other teams are paying me over 48 months. Think it was the player fees that messed me up, such as appearances etc. But the season before it was okay :S.

2nd Season Review:

Signings & Sales were: Kyle Walker £6.5m

Conor Thomas (As Aways)

Phil Jones £23m (Signing Of The Season)

Jermain Defoe £12.5

José Enrique £10m

Vladimir Weiss (Loan) 300k Fee

In January I signed Cavani for £30m

And A Regen for £1.8, bringing total spending to £85m

Sales were:

Joe Cole for £3.8m to Villa

Alberto Aquilani for £5.75m to Fenerbache

El Zhar to Sociedad for £1.8m

David N'gog for £3.1m to Blackburn

Sales of £14.5 :)

Community Shield: Lost 2-1 To Man Utd

League Cup: Lost On Peno's To Scumberland in the final

Fa Cup: Went out in 5th Round Replay to Chelsea on Peno's (Obviously not my Strong Point)

League: Hoped to finish top 4 and get Champions League, And Succeded and got 4th Spot by 1 Point to Spurs who finished in 5th, finished on 77 Points And Have Best Defensive Records in League conceding only 24 Goals

Europa League: Lost In Final to Palermo! After a 1-1 Draw with them Equalising in 92nd min! LOST ON PENALTIES A ****ING GAIN!

Reina, Phil Jones and Gerrard were selected in Premier League Team of Year

Nothing else really :( Just gotta try improve Striker Force and Midfield :) Nice going in your Saves lads, Keep it up!

2nd Season Review:

Conor Thomas (As Aways)

Jermain Defoe £12.5

José Enrique £10m

Sales were:

Fa Cup: Went out in 5th Round Replay to Chelsea on Peno's (Obviously not my Strong Point)

League: Hoped to finish top 4 and get Champions League, And Succeded and got 4th Spot by 1 Point to Spurs who finished in 5th, finished on 77 Points And Have Best Defensive Records in League conceding only 24 Goals

Europa League: Lost In Final to Palermo! After a 1-1 Draw with them Equalising in 92nd min! LOST ON PENALTIES A ****ING GAIN!

Nothing else really :( Just gotta try improve Striker Force and Midfield :) Nice going in your Saves lads, Keep it up!

Nice one for gettin CL mate. Good platform for next season. Keep it up :thup:

Real Madrid have offered me £16.5M for Agger in middle of third season. I'm feeling inclined to accept it as he only has 2 years left on his contract. Any recommendations of a replacement. I kind of want Phil Jones but Blackburn want silly money for him.

Alright lads loading up for a bit

2nd Season Review:

Conor Thomas (As Aways)

Jermain Defoe £12.5

José Enrique £10m

Sales were:

Well done on getting 4th good luck in the new season

My best win over Man U

61win.jpg

Nice one

Real Madrid have offered me £16.5M for Agger in middle of third season. I'm feeling inclined to accept it as he only has 2 years left on his contract. Any recommendations of a replacement. I kind of want Phil Jones but Blackburn want silly money for him.

Vertonghen from Ajax he done great for me I bought him for £9.75M and sold him 2 seasons later for £20M I only sold him as he couldn't get past Wilson but still a solid player

Argh :mad: just battered Arsenal at home yet couldn't score and as it gets to the 89th min they had only had 1 sot and as they went to shoot Wilson gives away a pen so lost 1-0

1-2 to me at halftime. Cheeky shot from Suarez followed by an unstoppable shot from Van Persie which just seems to have annoyed Luis. Picked up the ball deep in our half, ran it up the wing and thumped it into the back of their net.

[edit] *sigh* opened the second half with the dullest most inevitable equaliser seen yet. Sheesh. We have at least already had our prescribed easy goal.. no woodwork shot for this game, so anything else shoudl go in.

3-4. bloody hell. I hate games like that :)

[editedit] Oh Ffs, who have I got next? Arsenal, at their place, in the League Cup :rolleyes:

1-2 to me at halftime. Cheeky shot from Suarez followed by an unstoppable shot from Van Persie which just seems to have annoyed Luis. Picked up the ball deep in our half, ran it up the wing and thumped it into the back of their net.

[edit] *sigh* opened the second half with the dullest most inevitable equaliser seen yet. Sheesh. We have at least already had our prescribed easy goal.. no woodwork shot for this game, so anything else shoudl go in.

3-4. bloody hell. I hate games like that :)

Nice one :thup:

Argh, I have no players that I can sell since I have a small squad - thus it makes me guilty in not trying to balance the books as im trying to get Hamsik for £28-£31m to bolster the midfield.

Also, I need a RB, any suggestions? Mainly as cover.

Also, At.Madrid practically want all of my players. Some of them are tempted!!

Archived