FM11: Liverpool FC Thread: Getting Back To Where We Belong

lfc7

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3rd season is gonna be a hard one in my save, Chelsea have signed Cavani to play upfront with Torres with Hazard behind them alongside M'villa. United have just signed Costa to play behind Rooney and Lukaku who was on fire last season, whilst City's midfield consists of Hamsik, Sanchez, Silva, Sissoko and Vidal. Arsenal the champs seem to be buying a weird variety though so i think i should be able to take them.

3rd season is gonna be a hard one in my save, Chelsea have signed Cavani to play upfront with Torres with Hazard behind them alongside M'villa. United have just signed Costa to play behind Rooney and Lukaku who was on fire last season, whilst City's midfield consists of Hamsik, Sanchez, Silva, Sissoko and Vidal. Arsenal the champs seem to be buying a weird variety though so i think i should be able to take them.

Ouch, that's a tough midfield and strong teams for Chelsea and Utd and City. Good luck.

Anyone else signed Nuri Sahin? Loving this guy at the moment, brilliant passer of the ball. He's only 21 in season 1 aswell.

Yeah i have him, wonderful player. play him as DM DLP Defend. rotate him and M'Vila in that position.

Unlucky mate hope you don't get sacked and can turn it around

Well I put my toys back in the pram and decided I wasn't going to go out with a whimper and given this is generally the sort of squad I try to assemble that I might as well sort out a tactic and see what happens.

Having scoured the tactics forum for inspiration I've settled on a 4-1-2-3 using a narrow midfield and frontline. If the 4-2-3-1 relied on nippy wingers running in to create space for the lone front man this one simply batters the opposition into submission.

Lucas and Defour are my anchormen. Gerrard and hazard my first choice central midfielders set to attack with mereiles, sissoko, eriksen, de bruyne and thiago giving me some flexibilty depending on the approach required and to cover form and fitness.

I probably should look to get more attack minded full backs to complement coentrao but Robinson is coming along nicely even if serge aurier is struggling to prosper in this formation at the moment.

Up front Suarez competes with neymar as an advanced forward, Sanchez fills the middle as my deep lying forward with Tafer onthe right as a poacher and counter attacking outlet.

With only two easy games to adapt (and a few restarts to tweak, I admit) things started to come together. Then came the big guns with the mancs in the league turned over 3-2 at Anfield giving the squad a much needed morale boost resulting in arsenal in the fa cup getting a taste of their own medicine and reviving a 5-0 thrashing at the emirates.

It's still a work in progress the squad are neither adapted fully to the formation and are only now getting the level of fitness required to sustain the workload it requires.

I have to beat Chelsea and rely on some other teams doing the same to have any hope of hauling in their 12 point lead but were now playing like defending champions again.

In hindsight "doing a Chelsea" and flogging a lot of my experienced squad was also a mistake. Adapting to the formation and workload has played havoc with my teams condition and wile most of them have the attributes, I suspect a lot of why I still had some poor results was a combination of poor morale and a lack of experienced players/captains on the pitch.

I'm keeping the 4-2-3-1 trained and will revisit it. Versions of it have done me well for a few versions of FM I just can't put my finger specifically on what's gone wrong this season.

you should go all out and bring in Sahin and try for Kroos from Bayern. he is great in the CM position as Adv Plm, attack

Well I put my toys back in the pram and decided I wasn't going to go out with a whimper and given this is generally the sort of squad I try to assemble that I might as well sort out a tactic and see what happens.

Having scoured the tactics forum for inspiration I've settled on a 4-1-2-3 using a narrow midfield and frontline. If the 4-2-3-1 relied on nippy wingers running in to create space for the lone front man this one simply batters the opposition into submission.

Lucas and Defour are my anchormen. Gerrard and hazard my first choice central midfielders set to attack with mereiles, sissoko, eriksen, de bruyne and thiago giving me some flexibilty depending on the approach required and to cover form and fitness.

I probably should look to get more attack minded full backs to complement coentrao but Robinson is coming along nicely even if serge aurier is struggling to prosper in this formation at the moment.

Up front Suarez competes with neymar as an advanced forward, Sanchez fills the middle as my deep lying forward with Tafer onthe right as a poacher and counter attacking outlet.

With only two easy games to adapt (and a few restarts to tweak, I admit) things started to come together. Then came the big guns with the mancs in the league turned over 3-2 at Anfield giving the squad a much needed morale boost resulting in arsenal in the fa cup getting a taste of their own medicine and reviving a 5-0 thrashing at the emirates.

It's still a work in progress the squad are neither adapted fully to the formation and are only now getting the level of fitness required to sustain the workload it requires.

I have to beat Chelsea and rely on some other teams doing the same to have any hope of hauling in their 12 point lead but were now playing like defending champions again.

In hindsight "doing a Chelsea" and flogging a lot of my experienced squad was also a mistake. Adapting to the formation and workload has played havoc with my teams condition and wile most of them have the attributes, I suspect a lot of why I still had some poor results was a combination of poor morale and a lack of experienced players/captains on the pitch.

I'm keeping the 4-2-3-1 trained and will revisit it. Versions of it have done me well for a few versions of FM I just can't put my finger specifically on what's gone wrong this season.

I'm using 451 (flat back 4, DM, CM , CM, AMR, AML, ST)and have finally got it well settled. have gone 50 games unbeaten and lost only 1 PL game last season

RB & LB are set to Auto and the CB's are set to defend.

DM is DLP Defend

CML is advanced PM Support

CMR is advanced PM Attack.

AML/AMR bot set to winger attack. (hazard and eriksen play these for me and are lethal)

ST set to Poacher

Team setting. Control & Fluid. default apart from, Pressing is set to Press more and Marking is Zonal, And counter attacking box ticked.

I play with a deep Defensive line, Normal Widht and slightly above normal tempo.

Nice. I went unbeaten for 37 games using the 4-2-3-1 on the previous patch and while I'm not getting too carried away, this is starting to take shape.

There's an element of Keegan's attack at all costs approach. But agger,skyrtel, Wilson, shawcross as first choice CBs with Lucas or Defour in front of them in an anchorman role makes for a mean defence. Despite being miles off the pace I've still only lost once or twice in the league.

This is the first formation for ages I've used that doesn't have wingers but 3 forwards and 2 CMs set to attack creates chances by thebucket load and just overwhelms the opposition defence. It still feels that it should be vulnerable to teams exploiting the flanks but the combination of the fullbacks and anchorman seems to counter that threat effectively. Still pony on set pieces at the moment but I can accept that for now while I try and scale it back a bit to be less demanding on players with stamina less than 20.

Tactical finesse it ain't but I'll take the results gladly at the moment and arsenal can reclaim the mantle of managing 300 passes a game and drawing 1-1 when teams don't roll over for them.

Got a £25M offer accepted for Sakho and he wanted 200k a week get real mate that sort of money only goes to the special talents not defenders

I had a similar annoyance, agreed wages etc, but the agent wanted £2.5 million for his services on a £5million transfer. Player wanted to sign, wages not excessive etc etc but agent wouldn't budge and eventually cancelled negotiation. Useless money grabbing so and so's. I'm in the wrong line of work obviously.

Hey guys, just came back after a week break from FM. Started on my 4th season in charge, only one major signing in Alex Sandro from Zenit.

Sent most of my regens on loan except one who claimed he was too good to go.

After 12 games I'm leading the Prem, Man Utd and Chelsea are 10th and 11th! Glad to see them suffer.

Hey guys, just came back after a week break from FM. Started on my 4th season in charge, only one major signing in Alex Sandro from Zenit.

Sent most of my regens on loan except one who claimed he was too good to go.

After 12 games I'm leading the Prem, Man Utd and Chelsea are 10th and 11th! Glad to see them suffer.

Welcome back mate. Good luck for the new season. Haha, always great to see them suffer :p

Just beat United 2-1 at home.

Now I've got a Euro Cup group stage against Genk. As much as I enjoy playing in Europe in this game, I can't help but hate the Thursday Group stage matches.

Nice one mate. Gonna keep at it until you get Champs League back. Good luck.

Just beat City in League cup Quarter final 2-0 Beating Sunderland 4-0 at half time at Anfield :D Suarez Hat-trick, he is scoring again :D

Nice one mate. Hope he keeps scoring for you.

International breaks annoy me lol.

Half way through, just reached December, Got HSV in Champs League 1st Knockout round, Arsenal in League Cup Semi Final, And Sunderland in 3rd round of FA Cup

Sitting 3rd in league 3 Points behind Man U, And 2 behind City, So still in it :D

Goals/Assists: (Best Ones)

Yannis Tafer 22 Games 17/10

Cavani 25 Games 16/6

Defoe 10 Games 10/6

Suarez 6 Games 5/3

James Rodriguez 4/13

Hoilett 18 Games 3/8

N'zogbia 6 Games 3/3

Weiss 9 Games 2/5

Been Classs so far, Onwards and Upwards! Hoping for 2 Cups or Maybe League this Season! :)

mini torres how are Yannis Tafer's attributes in your game? On mine he has average but bangs in goals for fun.

His Techincals are kinda like the start, but few up a bit, like finishing etc is 15, Mentals, Big ones are Composure is 16 and 16 Off the ball, rest are up but not as much, And Physicals are:

Acc 18

Agility:17

Balance 14

Jumping 11

NF 15

Pace 16

Stamina 18

Strength 13

And this is half way thru 3rd Season, and I bought him this season, but yeah, is banging them in :)

YES! City lost one of their games in hand, meaning that even if they win their other game in hand, I will still be first by a point! GET IN! Sorry lads, couldn't contain my excitement since I was 10 points behind at one point but now, 15 games in, I would be a point clear.

Just signed a 19 year old wonderkid regen from Barcelona for £22.5m. He's a AMR and I really need one as cover for Sanchez. Great piece of business I think. I have had money to spend so I'm not worried about that, just the fact that he's young and ACTUALLY wanted to come to Liverpool from Barcelona.

I've had an idea to release a little more of my wage budget.

I'm thinking about releasing or selling all under 18 rejects that come into the squad each year, and not entering the under 18 league.

Any good players in the under 18's will join the reserves, where all of my decent regens will play in the reserve league.

Should cut a little out the wage budget that way.

Ah, that sucks. Still got 18 weeks off till 3rd year of uni :p

18 weeks :eek: and here's me thinking am boss with 10 days off in a row every few weeks

Hi lads on for 30 mins before i go to work :p

Alright mate

How much do you guys think is an acceptable amount for hulk?

I payed £20M for him in season 2 but considering how he has performed I would pay £100M

I'm off, later lads, good luck in your saves.

Also, 100 page mark :p

Cya later mate

Looking for an experienced winger for a few seasons while I send my regen out on loan and offered £10M for a 30yr old David Silva didnt think City would accept but they did although am paying him a big wage I don't mind too much

Last season for City he played 34 gms, scored 12 gls, had 23 asts, and 11 MOTM with a Avr of 7.59

Archived