FM11- Celtic Thread. You are Neil Lennon

seanydude

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, i knew it and you said it. I was awfully open at the back and i knew that because my formation is very attacking. + Spence and Keneth aren't so good in the begining of the game so i had fair number of goals in my own net. But, goalscoring machines Hooper and Griffiths are doing their jobs and with good play from Tom Cairney and the rest of the team, in the half-season i am at the top of the league, advancing in the Scotish Cup, and i am through to the First Knockout Round of Europa League. Got knocked out from League Cup but, meh, who cares. I am really satisfied with my team and i think these boys have bright future. I can't wait to see them in 3-4 years.

Anyways, some screens from half-season of my first year.

ClydesdaleBankPremierLeagueInformation_LeagueTable-3.png

EUROCupInformation_Stages-2.png

CelticCeltic_Players-2.png

GaryHooperProfile_Attributes.png

About to start season 5. Its been nothing but success for the first 4 seasons, stiill not Champions league but 2 EUROPA Leagues and 2 Champions League S/F isnt too shabby. Not sure whether to keep the team I have built or rebuild a younger hungrier team. 4 years in the SPL is quite alot for some players plus now I am struggling to get the required number of u21's on my bench. Big decisions when I get home from work tonight.....

Well was delighted I won the Champions League second season.....but got bored of my game already. Koma has inspired me to try a british based team. Think there would be more satisfaction winning things. I was into my 3rd season and things were getting too unrealistic for me, signing the likes of G Milito, Anelka.....etc for £50 000 + wages.

Well i finished my first season and i am satisfied with the results i got. Won Scotish Cup and Scotish Premier League. Got knocked out from the First Knockout Round in Europa League. My team is young and they need some games to get better. However i think that future is bright and i believe we will get some nice results in the season ahead. Hooper and Griffiths are machines, they are scoring and playing very good. Cairney has been creative force within my team and Jordan Spence has shown huge sign of improvement. Homegrown lads James Forrest, Shaun Maloney and Charlie Mulgrewam are doing great. I am doing upgrade on my youth facilites and i am looking forward in bulding my homegrown team. To be honest, i do not expect great results in Europe in first 5-6 seasons. I think my team will be regular i First Knockout Round of Champions League but they are very young and there aren't much worldclass players in Scotland that i could sign. So i will be patiente and build my squad. New Lisbon Lions baybe.

Some screenshots from the end of the 1. season:

ClydesdaleBankPremierLeagueInformation_LeagueTable-4.png

EUROCupInformation_Stages-3.png

RangersvCelticInformation_Overview.png

CelticCeltic_Players-3.png

Finally! After 4 years, 4 SPLs, 3 Scotish Cups, 2 League Cups and 3 knockouts from the First Knockout Round of Champions League, in my 5th season i finally did something big in Europe. After incredible comeback against Fiorentina in semifinal, my players played THE best game of their Celtic career and won the Europe League! I am delighted, also i am delighted because my team is consisted from UK players and this is big win for me, i started thinking that we will dominated Scotland for ages but remain silent in Europe. Ofcourse, Gary Hooper was the hero and Shaun Maloney scored astonishing goal. This may not look like a big achievement to some (people were winning Champions League in their first season with Celtic) but i am playing little bit different. I am trying to involve more homegrown talents and more UK players in my squad. Playing like that is not easy in Europe. Ofcourse i will dominate Scotland but Europe is something different. Here are some screenshots guys.

FiorentinavCelticInformation_Overview.png

SevillavCelticInformation_Overview.png

And ofcourse, astonishing goal in the final from homegrown player Shaun Maloney.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAoY7H5kRSU

Well i wasn't sure neither if he was going to be good enough for my team, but since i didn't have enough money in the first season, i decided to give him a chance and i didn't make mistake. He is a machine, he and Leigh are awesome together. Totenham and Leeds (in Premier League in my save) are looking him and he is even considered for England national team. Here are some screenshots of him mate.

GaryHooperProfile_Attributes-3.png

GaryHooperHistory_CareerStats.png

I've had Griffiths as a Poacher, and Stokes as a DLF and Stokes has 17 goals in 19 games, Griffiths has 9 in 20. I'm looking to sell Murphy in January, with Dexter Blackstock or Simon Church coming in.

I was actually inspired by Koma, and went for an all British affair. Sold or loaned everyone non-British out, except Olivier Kapo as no-one wanted him. Bought in a load of bright young talent, and have more arrivals arranged.

Here are my transfers done so far:

celtictransfershistory.png

I have Alex Smithies coming in for £875k in January (Stuart Taylor's loan will be terminated), as well as Andrew Boyle, Kevin Horan, David McDaid and Dylan Vickers all joining on frees from Irish clubs. At the end of the season Paddy McCourts contract will expire, and I have Andrew Driver set to join for £2.7m. Dylan McGowan will also join from Hearts for £12k.

Second season will see players like McGinn, Brown, Ledley, Maloney leave, with some of the many youth talents I have being promoted.

Last minute deal arose in which I bought in Andy Johnson from Fulham for £1.8m, instead of Church or Blackstock. Scored on his debut against Rangers <3

Hey everyone hows it going? I'm waiting on my PC getting sorted so i can FINALLY get FM2011 running :) dying to get going with The Bhoys!!!

Wondering if any1 had any useful tips to get me started? Signings,players to sell/keep,best tactics or anything generally to get me off to a good start

Need a bit of help here with my Cb's. Pre season in the 2nd season I currently have,

Big Dan

Goncalves

Galeano

Rogne

I had De Laet in on loan from Man utd and he ended up covering CB when needed. I then bought Galeano for 5 mil at xmas! I was offered 300k from Spartak for Rogne to go on loan until the end of their season, 300k i thought was a decent deal, off the wage bill, he gets more game time and i can bring Galeano in more often.

Start of the 2nd season, Rogne still away untill xmas, De laet back at Man utd so to add in some scottish blood i brought in Garry Kenneth for 1 mil. And i was happy with this, 4 CBs to get me through the year, until Bassong was put on the transfer list at spurs for 3.1m (i also have a spurs save on the go and he is a machine, my best player in 1st and 2nd seasons!) and Phil Jones from Blackburn for 3.6m!

What do i do?! Cant have them all, do i choose between Bassong and Jones? Sell on Dan and Goncalves? Shift Kenneth already? lol! Jones has accepted a deal and Bassong is currently injured so the transfer fell through, just waiting for him to be fit again! What should i do?

Going with Galeano, Taylor (only 11k and in on a free!!), Jones and now to decide between the rest. Goncalves, Dan, Kenneth, Rogne. Think Dan and Goncalves need to go, not sure about Kenneth and Rogne, might be good back up if they stay happy.

Going with Galeano, Taylor (only 11k and in on a free!!), Jones and now to decide between the rest. Goncalves, Dan, Kenneth, Rogne. Think Dan and Goncalves need to go, not sure about Kenneth and Rogne, might be good back up if they stay happy.

I'd be tempted to get rid of Rogne and Kenneth as well since they'll never get anywhere near the standard of Galeano, Jones and Taylor. Could bring in someone like

Roderick Miranda

Jordan Spence

Raphael Varane

Mathias Jorgensen

Sebastian Toro

as back up to those three.

I'd be tempted to get rid of Rogne and Kenneth as well since they'll never get anywhere near the standard of Galeano, Jones and Taylor. Could bring in someone like

Roderick Miranda

Jordan Spence

Raphael Varane

Mathias Jorgensen

Sebastian Toro

as back up to those three.

Will check them all out, thank you!

Got miranda in on loan for 40k for 2 seasons with option to buy, also found another young cb, i have too many but he looks good! Guillermo Burdisso is his name.

Benitez is unhappy after Arsenal bid for him, only 4m so i rejected it. he scored 50 goals last season, 37 in the league!! I cant get him to back down so i offered him to clubs for 10m and i have 4 bids in now from big clubs! I want to keep him but 10m is too much to refuse! Who could replace 50 goals though?

Dan is getting to slow (imo) in season two, Goncalves isn't good enough compared to the ones you can get, so sell him. Kenneth isn't good enough so let him go. Keep Rogne as back up

Just started a save as Celtic. Sold Crosas, Cervi and Towell so far.

Trying to get shot of Scott Brown as well. Cancelled Ruelas loan and thinking about cancelling Forsters if i get Alex Smithies.

Just offered Smithies a contract after havign a bid of 625k accepted. I brought Goncalves in for free and signed Leigh Griffiths for 425k!

Just started a save as Celtic. Sold Crosas, Cervi and Towell so far.

Trying to get shot of Scott Brown as well. Cancelled Ruelas loan and thinking about cancelling Forsters if i get Alex Smithies.

Just offered Smithies a contract after havign a bid of 625k accepted. I brought Goncalves in for free and signed Leigh Griffiths for 425k!

I found Brown to be very useful mate,would maybe recommend keeping him & binning Ledley or Kayal 1st.

Griffiths is a machine!!!!

How is every1 getting on with The Bhoys?

Can i also ask,does the financial situation get any better?

In my 2nd season now & the wage bill is still extremley tight & the budget is still a pittance lol! I know were like this in real life but come on LOL!!

I'm spending £375K the now but my budget is only £390K :)

I need the players i currently have,need the boatd to get the biscuit tin out lol!

I work in Euros, whats the conversion rate between the 2 currencies, anyone off the top of their head.

Should have also asked what percentage is your wages of turnover? from the finance screen :o

With my missus being ill I have been able to get some quality FM time in, in between running around getting her pills and the like, and I am about to enter season 9 at the helm of the mighty Bhoys! Its the greatest FM game I have ever had and dont think I will play another team until FM2012.

So Rangers havent won a trophy for 7(SEVEN) years but they have stuck with Laudrup through their barren spell! The Bhoys on the other hand, on course for the 9-in-a-row and looking for my 5th consecutive domestic treble to add to my 4 Champions Leagues!

Whats left to achieve? Much....

10-in-a-row is the first aim and after losing with Brazil in the WC Final, I would like to add an international trophy to my resume. Now with France who are ranked 22nd in the world, so a major rebuild is needed as we build for the 2020 Euros.

The biggest aim is to become Number 1 in the Hall of fame....upto 5 worldwide so not looking too bad.

Anyway, how is everyone else getting on? not been as busy as last year, need to stay above the other lot....

C'mon the Hoops

With my missus being ill I have been able to get some quality FM time in, in between running around getting her pills and the like, and I am about to enter season 9 at the helm of the mighty Bhoys! Its the greatest FM game I have ever had and dont think I will play another team until FM2012.

So Rangers havent won a trophy for 7(SEVEN) years but they have stuck with Laudrup through their barren spell! The Bhoys on the other hand, on course for the 9-in-a-row and looking for my 5th consecutive domestic treble to add to my 4 Champions Leagues!

Whats left to achieve? Much....

10-in-a-row is the first aim and after losing with Brazil in the WC Final, I would like to add an international trophy to my resume. Now with France who are ranked 22nd in the world, so a major rebuild is needed as we build for the 2020 Euros.

The biggest aim is to become Number 1 in the Hall of fame....upto 5 worldwide so not looking too bad.

Anyway, how is everyone else getting on? not been as busy as last year, need to stay above the other lot....

C'mon the Hoops

Thats an amazing achievment mate,wish it was real life lol! :)

What kind of team do you have now,any original squad members still with you?

I'm just about to start my 3rd (seems poor compared to yours lol!) season.

Won the league & CIS Cup plus got to Euro League quaters 1st season.

Done the treble in my 2nd getting through to the quaters of the Champs League so progressing quite good i think,just always fighting with the board to get more funds released frustrating trying to build a all conquering side on a slim budget :(

Hail,Hail!!!!

Still got Griffiths from the 1st season and Ochoa is still my goalie but most of the players either left because they wanted to move to a bigger club, hmmmm?, or wanted a new challenge!

Try and get in young players play them for a season or two and then sell them on for ridiculous fees so am able to buy a few players and have got a decent wage budget. Probably going to sell Leigh G. in the January transfer window hasnt really scored for a season or two, only kept him for nostalgic reasons and quite happy with a few regens who come through the ranks.

C'mon the Bhoys

Plus, although Lennon is doing a decent job with them, I find the squad very guff and got rid of most of them straight away. Takes a few years before a decent regen comes through, I think in my nine seasons I have had 3 which made the 1st team squad. The rest were pretty pish....

• 2 weeks later...

after being at bayern for a few years i decided to start up another celtic save and have another go.

Started off well so far, beat fenerbache and ajax to get in to the CL groups, where i landed Chelsea, Real madrid and Cluj. After 2 games ive beaten chelsea at home and cluj away - still be happy with 3rd i think!

The league has begun well too, after 8 games im unbeated, drawn twice, and the plus side rangers are already well off the pace, 8 points off me.

Transfers In: (went a bit trigger happy but i think the squad needs it!)

Enyeama

Smithies

Rafael (loan)

Kyle Walker (loan)

Mathias Jorgensen

Goncalves

Kyle Naughton (loan)

Pedro Morales

Adam Hlousek

Cristian Benitez

Yaya Sanogo

Out:

Zaluska

Hooiveld

Loovens

Cha

Samaras

Squad is really revamped, but theyve gelled well so far and everything is falling into place nicely, will see how they get on in the first old firm game.

Plus, although Lennon is doing a decent job with them, I find the squad very guff and got rid of most of them straight away. Takes a few years before a decent regen comes through, I think in my nine seasons I have had 3 which made the 1st team squad. The rest were pretty pish....

Im into my 3rd season now and have not seen one good prospect come through, frustrating as there is not a great deal of young scottish talent being produced by anyone, hopefully in the coming years i will see a few that catch my eye.

Hey, can someone give me a hand with this tactic :

tactic1.png

tactic2.png

http://img833.imageshack.us/i/tactic1.png

http://img402.imageshack.us/i/tactic2.png

Stokes - Inside Forward ATTACK

Forrest - Winger ATTACK

Play with Juarez as a Def Mid, Crosas as a DLP

Ledley BTB midfielder

Larsson - Poacher , ATTACK

Problem i am having is with the attack. I dont tend to create much up front , dont know if its to do with the main striker or if i should change ledley?

Just wanting some feedback on what i can do to improve the attacking side!

Thought I'd give some updates for my past seasons....

Season 2010/11

Transfers in:

Tom Cairney - Hull (£2.6m) One I considered for the future.

Alex Smithies - Huddersfield (£750K) Great back up goaly.

Romelu Lukaku - Anderlecht (£3.5m) Surprised I got him to be honest.

Anthony Annan - Rosenborg (£3.4m) Absolutely solid and a consistent performer.

Vincent Enyeama - H. Tel-Aviv (£240K) Best signing I made.

Florin Bratu - Free. Used him as a deep lying forward and assisted with a good goal ratio.

Juanito - Free. Great signing.

Sebastien Corchia - Le Mans FC (£6m) Signed in January as Hinkel signed a pre contract with Bayern as he wouldn't sign a contract.

Transfers Out:

Marc Crosas - Stade Rennais (£875K)

Ritchie Towell - Newcastle (£500K)

Milan Misun - Leicester City (£825K)

Jos Hooiveld - Stuttgart (£1.4m)

Lukasz Zaluska - Arsenal (£1.1m) Very surprised they wanted him.

Georgios Samaras - Napoli (£1.2m)

Ki Sung-yong - Saturn (£1.5m)

Well I managed the treble in Scotland sticking to a 4-4-2. Hooper ended up my top goal scorer and Paddy McCourt was the fans player of the year. I got knocked out of the Champions League qualifiers by Tottenham. I then went on to win the UEFA cup and beat Sevilla 4-2 in the final.

Waiting a wee bhoy or ghirl any day now irl, so happy that I got this one out of the way

winat.jpg

Brilliant to win it at Ibrox *lol*

Team that won the CL

celticteam.jpg

Normally I play a 442 with wingers and Babacar and Roux up front, but in Europe both strikers go of and one is being replaced by Necid while the other one are made into a DMC to toughen up the team

Both Fletcher and Lukaku have to go in the summer, with the CL money I just made it into black numbers, so I need to cut out some players, and I have the topscorer of this years CL (a regen) out on loan at Grasshoppers, so I should be fine with the attack, and save £80k a week in wages

Sandro or/and Bacinovic might go as well as I have a fine Maxican regen in the reserves

Archived