FM11- Celtic Thread. You are Neil Lennon

seanydude

Lukasz Zaluska - Not good enough to be first choice. Kept as back up for first 6 months and sold in Jan.

Fraser Forster- Terminated loan straight away. Not Celtic standard in game.

Andreas Hinkel- Quality. First choice right-back without doubt.

Cha- Played on the right wing when he played, decent enough, but was gone in Jan.

Mark Wilson- Sold straight away.

Emilio Izaguirre- Solid, can be rotated with Mulgrew.

Charlie Mulgrew- As above.

Daniel Majstorovic- Awesome.

Thomas Rogne- As above, will develop into a top-class player although he is slow.

Jos Hooiveld- Used him as backup, didn't get much of a look in beyond the first few games but did well when needed.

Glenn Loovens- Get rid.

Efrain Juarez- Played him as a ball winning midfielder with the defend duty mostly and he was very good.

Scott Brown- Better on the right wing for me, wasn't getting into the team towards the end of the season, possibly look to get rid of him as he's on high wages.

Joe Ledley- Was good for most of the season played either as an Advanced Playmaker (Support) or a box-to-box.

Beram Kayal- Solid as a ball winning midfielder or deep lying playmaker (support or defend) for me, didn't start too much but did well when needed. Scored from 30 yards against his old club Maccabi Haifa in Europa League.

Ki Sung Yeung- Was ok. Didn't get a look in after the Asian Cup as others got in ahead of him. Was played as an advanced playmaker (support) when he did.

Marc Crosas- I sold him straight away.

Patrick Mccourt- Very good as an inside forward, but probably only off the bench as he's not the fittest. Could sell him if you wanted, but a good backup to Maloney IMO.

Shaun Maloney- Very good on the left, scores goals and sets up goals. You won't need to buy a LW first season with Paddy and Shaun.

Niall MCginn- Sold him in January, he never got a game.

James Forrest- Quality RW and will only get better. Play him and he will do well.

Gary Hooper- Boof. Scored 28 goals in 30 starts as a Poacher iirc. Quality player.

Anthony Stokes- I gave him every opportunity I could, but he was awful. Sold in January after 1 goal in 20 odd games.

Daryl Murphy- Good luck selling him, truly pants. Especially considering the wages he's on.

Georgios Samaras- Not too bad at all. Did ok when called upon.

Will go through my transfers in when I have FM loaded again. :)

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just finished my first season - won the league with 5 games to go. Won both cups and got to the semi final of the europa league, Marseille mauled me and went on to win it.

Heres my team:

-----------------------------------------Enyeama

Micah Richards ---- Santacroce ----- Hubocan ------ Forren

--------------------------- Juarez ------------- Ilsinho

Eagles -------------------------Ibricic ---------------------- Hlousek

-------------------------------Stancu

Subs-

Speroni

Wilson

Rogne

Maj

Hooiveld

Mulgrew

Ki

Salatic

Witsel

Gislason

Galvan

Eikrem

Forrest

Maloney

Hooper

Postiga

Nava

Good grief that IS a changed side!

Really struggling to find a decent keeper who is worth the money. Zaluska really doesn't inspire me but he is a good back up. I may leave him as Number1 for a season then look for a good free transfer? Quite a few decent keepers seem to be coming available in season 2.

I got offered half of the city team - Kolarov, Bellamy, Kolo Toure, Ohuoha, Richards.... - all for zero transfer fee. I couldnt really afford any of the wages, but got MIcah on loan paying 40 per cent of his wage with a future fee of zero, so hopefully ill be able to work something out and sign him up full time with a decent wage.

I dunno if anyone else has had city having a clear out, but they lost some good players there for nothing!

Good grief that IS a changed side!

Really struggling to find a decent keeper who is worth the money. Zaluska really doesn't inspire me but he is a good back up. I may leave him as Number1 for a season then look for a good free transfer? Quite a few decent keepers seem to be coming available in season 2.

I had the same problem, Enyeama was the only one i could find for decent cash - got him for 500k. And now i have Speroni as my back up, got him for nothing. Its tough to find a top keeper with a celtic budget. You could always try an older keeper for a year and then in summer 2011 save up some cash for a longer term solution - theres that mexican guy who is usually free or cheap, but he's 39.. (cannot remember his name!)

Added into that I like to try to form a UK/ Irish team it becomes nearly impossible. Australians/ Americans can qualify also. At a push though.

Plumped for Alex Smithies (£600k) as back-up to Zaluska first season hopefully displacing him asap. It would have been Scott Loach (£800k) but for his injury proneness. Westwood was also a good shout.

Park gave him 3 star current ability, 3.5 star potential but like you say i think he can easily become 4 star and definately a leading SPL keeper.

I haven't played much as I am currently revamping the Scottish leagues.

General outline is 2 divisions of 16 teams, basically just got rid of the Div3 teams and condensed the rest into two leagues.

New Scottish Cup; the same 32 teams; First round is a 6 game unseeded group stage with 8 teams in a group, one team progressing to the quarter finals.

Then one league winners vs cup winners game preseason.

Currently the leages are set up and working great need to do the cups now. Setting up the cup is infuriating, i have hit a wall as it keeps saying that there is not enough time between rounds.. grr.

Just started as Celtic in the Premiership, don't think I've lasted more than 3 years in the SPL without getting bored. :D Will be happy just to avoid relegation tbh although all the players values have risen automatically so hopefully I'll be able to bring in a decent amount to spend on players.

Uploaded the editor data in case anyone wants it - http://www.mediafire.com/?zgof4x2q6xq4qp7

Just save it in the editor data folder and make sure it's ticked when you start a new game. Moved Celtic and Rangers to the Premiership, dropped Blackpool and Wolves into the Championship and moved Swansea and Cardiff to the SPL.

Hello,

Rangers fan here, posting in peace! I really like the idea of playing with the OF in the EPL as I get very bored in the SPL. However, how does it work exactly? Do Celtic and Rangers keep their European playing rights from the previous season? Are they just Wolves and Blackpool under a different name? Do they get the same TV money Wolves and Blackpool would have got?

Think it could be a really interesting challenge. Anyone have any thoughts?

I've stopped playing FM because of the huge flaws in the transfer system.

All you have to do is put the player you want on your shortlist, wait for them to fall out with their current club and sign them. Its gotten to the point where I didnt want to sign Nani or Hazard when the opportunity came up because I already had Wilshere, Hamsik, Neymar, Paulo Henrique in my squad. The fact that these bugs/flaws are so obvious makes me wonder what the testers actually be doing

Have had pc issues which prevented me getting into a save till now on FM but have got 4 seasons done in my current save. Have won 4 SPL titles, 3 Scottish cups and 2 league cups so far but as usual have really struggled to get anywhere in Europe, until now that is. Managed to qualify for the last 6 this season through a group with Liverpool, Valencia and FC CLuj.

This was undoubtedly our best result of the group stages and of my Celtic career so far.

CelticvLiverpoolInformation_Overview.png

Having qualified in second place behind Liverpool I knew the draw for the last 16 was likely to pair us with one of the giants of Europe and so it proved to be the case when we landed Barcelona.

Have just played the first leg and expected to be on the wrong end of a drubbing so set my team up to counter attack and hoped to nick a goal on the break as we were at home.

Things didn't get off to the best of starts with my star player Benitez picked up an injury early on and had to be replaced with my recently acquired promising but very inexperienced young regen striker Varga.

To say the least the substitution worked out very well for us considering the kid went on to score his first ever hattrick on the way to this very surprising first leg result.

CelticvBarcelonaInformation_Overview.png

Should be able to hold on to that lead in the second leg and will report back when the game is done and we have hopefully dispatched one of the biggest teams in Europe from the CL. :D

Hello,

Rangers fan here, posting in peace! I really like the idea of playing with the OF in the EPL as I get very bored in the SPL. However, how does it work exactly? Do Celtic and Rangers keep their European playing rights from the previous season? Are they just Wolves and Blackpool under a different name? Do they get the same TV money Wolves and Blackpool would have got?

Think it could be a really interesting challenge. Anyone have any thoughts?

They will still keep there club coefficients yes! But they wont be playing in Europe i would imagine! TV Money will be the same though!

If you don't hold onto that lead you know you should be shot right? ;)

i know, I'm really in two minds as to how to go about my tactics for the second leg, if I try to shut up shop I'm probably asking for trouble against a team with the attacking talent of Barca and if I try to finish them off by scoring more at their place I risk them doing to us what we did to them that our place and pick us off on the counter.

Nice one slipknot and good to see you back in here :D

Thanks, hope to be able to stick around in here now I have a save that (touch wood) seems to be staying stable a few seasons in. :thup:

If you play defensive you'll regret it, play cautious (counter football if required) but not defensive football. After all you could still do with an away goal.

Am absolutely gutted, tried to play counter attacking in the second leg but was missing 4 key players due to injury and suspension and we just never turned up. Conceded 5 in 90 minutes and 1 in extra time, can't believe it but we're out...never felt like reloading a game as much as I do that one but never have reloaded and wont start now, just got to pick ourselves up and come back stronger next season.

I had a big team clear out in jan 2012 last night, getting rid of all the fringe players who are over 21. Got some decent money in and the plan now is to only buy guaranteed starters or guys 18 and under for the future.

What kind of fees have people been getting for players like Ki/Maloney/Mulgrew/Maj/Hooper??

Am absolutely gutted, tried to play counter attacking in the second leg but was missing 4 key players due to injury and suspension and we just never turned up. Conceded 5 in 90 minutes and 1 in extra time, can't believe it but we're out...never felt like reloading a game as much as I do that one but never have reloaded and wont start now, just got to pick ourselves up and come back stronger next season.

I'll get the gun then? :(

I'll get the gun then? :(

Might want to hold off on that for now. Barca went on to win the CL after dumping us out but then the FM Fates threw a chance for revenge our way by pairing us with them in group A this season and well all I can say is.....revenge is sweet....:D.

EuropeanChampionsCupInformation_Stages.png

My Scottish restructure is nearly complete. Just one last thing to fill in; what would be an acceptable value for TV money for both the new SPL and division 1?

Can't wait to get cracked into this save.

TerrierBhoy, this sounds like a cracking idea, probably what is needed in real life, can you give more details, about the no of league games and what euro places each position and the cup gets? Im tempted to copy you and give this a shot, was it particularly difficult?

In answer to your question, the Current SPL deal is worth 8 mil over four seasons for the League "title" (Clydsedale Bank SPL, Bank of Scotland SPL etc) plus the TV money which is currently around 21 mil a season from Sky and ESPN, the highest it has ever been was just over 31 million with setanta, but we all know how that went!

By way of comparison, the Premiership receives about 900mil per season, split as follows :

25% is paid in merit payments determined by where a club finishes in the final league table;

50% of the domestic revenue is split equally;

100% of the non-domestic revenue is split equally among the clubs.

25% is paid in facility fees, based on how often a club is shown on TV in the U.K., with each club guaranteed a minimum of 10 facility fees.

Hope this helps, Im not very sure of many other leagues in europe, but safe to say the prem outstrips them all.

We got drawn against Marseille in the CL last 16 and battled to a great first leg 2-1 win away so I was confident going into the return leg. Here's a screeny of how it turned out....

CelticvOMInformation_Overview.png

Quarter finals here we come.:D

edit...my nerves are shredded after this....I think FM is trying to finish me off!!!..:p

CelticvLiverpoolInformation_Overview-2.png

TerrierBhoy...

Thanks John! The trouble is that in the editor it just says tv money per club. I interpreted that to mean that each club gets that set amount even though it is obvious that the Old Firm will get more.

Could it be that that is the total amount, ie the £20/30m that you put in your post? And then that is divided up between the clubs..

Like I say it is not quite finished yet and it is rather simplistic. It took me a while to work out what to do but once I knew it is rather easy to do and won't take more than about half an hour ish.

The current set up is as follows:

Irn-Bru Division 1 - 16 teams play each other home and away for a total of 30 games.

Irn-Bru Division 2 - 16 teams play each other home and away for a total of 30 games.

Two teams are relegated and two promoted, no playoffs or anything.

One cup, a straight knockout competition featuring the 32 teams of the two leagues above.

the Euro qualification I believe is set to the nation coefficient so therefore there is no change. But with a slightly higher reputation (not substantial enough to change the league rep star) and more prize money it should be a little easier to attract bigger names and do better in Europe after a couple of seasons, thus probably ensuring two teams qualify directly into Champs League. Also most clubs, especially in Division 2, should be debt free in a season or two which must be better for the nation.

One thing I have done which i want to change is create a new cup competition, atm I have just edited the existing Scottish Cup. Therefore I think what should happen is that the records have a clean slate, no league winners so far, no cup winners.. a new age has dawned!

If I work out how to i'll try to upload my edit then you can have a closer look.

Thanks John! The trouble is that in the editor it just says tv money per club. I interpreted that to mean that each club gets that set amount even though it is obvious that the Old Firm will get more.

Could it be that that is the total amount, ie the £20/30m that you put in your post? And then that is divided up between the clubs..

Like I say it is not quite finished yet and it is rather simplistic. It took me a while to work out what to do but once I knew it is rather easy to do and won't take more than about half an hour ish.

The current set up is as follows:

Irn-Bru Division 1 - 16 teams play each other home and away for a total of 30 games.

Irn-Bru Division 2 - 16 teams play each other home and away for a total of 30 games.

Two teams are relegated and two promoted, no playoffs or anything.

One cup, a straight knockout competition featuring the 32 teams of the two leagues above.

the Euro qualification I believe is set to the nation coefficient so therefore there is no change. But with a slightly higher reputation (not substantial enough to change the league rep star) and more prize money it should be a little easier to attract bigger names and do better in Europe after a couple of seasons, thus probably ensuring two teams qualify directly into Champs League. Also most clubs, especially in Division 2, should be debt free in a season or two which must be better for the nation.

One thing I have done which i want to change is create a new cup competition, atm I have just edited the existing Scottish Cup. Therefore I think what should happen is that the records have a clean slate, no league winners so far, no cup winners.. a new age has dawned!

If I work out how to i'll try to upload my edit then you can have a closer look.

In regards to the tv money , i created an entire league last fm, and you have to set the tv money in regards to what position your teams finish! Now if you havent actually created a league, if you have just edited the original ones, then there is no way really you can change the tv money going on positions in the league :(

Quick update...won the SPL for our 6th title in a row and the league cup is in the bag for the third year running. In he Scottish cup final against Hibs and hoping to get that back having lost out on it the last 2 seasons.

Lost the CL semi final after getting drawn against Athletico Madrid, beat 2-0 away but managed a very respectable 1-1 draw at home and am delighted to have got that far considering board were only expecting group stages.

Also just realised I haven't posted my team so here it is...just about to go into 2017-18 season.

Gk Gomes (areola)

Rb Kyle Walker (Reto Zeigler)

Lb Yuri Zhirkov (Kyle Naughton)

Cb Scott Dann ; who's leaving in the summer (Luis Pedro)

Cb Nedum Onouha (Jan Simunek)

Rm Jordan Henderson (Chaouki Ben Saada)

Lm Miguel Veloso; also leaving this summer (kim kallstrom)

Cm Steven N'zonzi (Ruud Boymans)

Cm Abou Diaby (Ognjen Vokojevic)

St Vaclav Kadlec (Laszlo Varga, regen)

St Christian Benitez (Daniel Morgan, regen).

---edit--- Lost the Scottish cup final on penalties to Hibs, but on the upside my good form in Europe has the SPL into the top 20 leagues in the world at 18th position and we're straight into the CL group stages this season so should be easier to get a run going than the previous seasons were we were always starting from the 3rd round qualifiers.

Alright Bhoys im into my Lyon save atm, since i need to stay active in that thread, however after i have finished season 5 with them, i am going to start season 3 with the Bhoys!

Just thought i would pop in to link my training schedules for all of you, if you cant be bothered to make your own.

McGougans Training Schedules

Bear in mind i have good coaches, at both Celtic and Lyon, so i see good results, and just to let you know i have tailored my schedules around who i think are the best players to ie Poacher is Van Nistelrooy, AMC is Messi, DMC is Mascherano!

Enjoy Bhoys! Pm me results off training etc, let me know how you find it :thup:

I really need a CB and attacking midfielder/winger for about £3-4m first season, any ideas?

For a CB I got Scott Dann from Birmingham on a free in the second season. Was doing a great job for me but wouldn't renew his contract and let it run down and left on a free so you'd need to watch out for that if you went for him. Now I have Nedum Onouha and Jerome Boateng both I got from Man City for free after a few seasons though so not sure how much they'd set you back in first season.

I really need a CB and attacking midfielder/winger for about £3-4m first season, any ideas?

AMC - Ibricic - i found him totally randomly, got him for 1 mill and he has been fantastic. Check him out.

Wingers - My best 2 buys in the season 1 were Hlousek and Chris Eagles, both top players for the SPL

First season for cb look at Fazio and Juhasz both cheap!

You get get febian brandy in on a free and retrain him as a winger and he will torture defences with his pace!

First season for cb look at Fazio and Juhasz both cheap!

You get get febian brandy in on a free and retrain him as a winger and he will torture defences with his pace!

Just looked for that Juhasz guy in my game as I hadn't heard of him, very good shout for a cb, he's 34 in my game now but he'd stroll into my first team with his attributes, 20 marking, 16 heading, jumping and tackling:eek:

I was looking for a quick career in some small euro nation and suddenly I realized I never managed Celtic in any FM so far, so I immediately started a career with the mighty Bhoys!

My first XI:

20101210-xixmett7iq4g4bt2qrh86p5w53.jpg

In:

Placide (GK), Mares (Amr), Sudic (Dc), Hedenstad (Dr) Kleiven (Mc), McDonald (Mc) and Eyjlfsson (Dc) on loan.

I spent 6.75 M (part of that over 48 months).

Out:

M. Wilson 1.2 to Wigan and Zaluska on loan to Arsenal.

I already played Champions League 1st qual. round:

Galatasaray-Celtic 3-2 (Maloney, Majstorovic)

Celtic-Galatasaray 1-0 (Samaras)

Next round vs. Werder Bremen...wish me luck!

Gutted.

Haven't had any time to play since a few week ago when I told you about my edited Scottish leagues. Cracked a game up tonight and got going.

Disposed of Braga 1-0 at home and 2-0 away with a tidy 4-4-2 system.

Drew Sevilla in the next round and i tried a very risky ploy. VERY risky. It involved playing Ledley and McCourt for the first half instead of Captain Brown and Maloney. My reasoning was that I would try to fustrate Sevilla for the first half then bring on my power boys to hopefully grab a goal. the toruble was I went in at half time 2-0 down, could have been more but Zaluska was playing a blinder. Anyway big boys came on with a few tactical changes and played absolutely wonderfully. We pulled back two goals and could easily have been leading until Hinkel got sent off, very dubiously. They scored again to make it 3-2 going into the home leg at CP.

I was heartened by our second half display and thought we could win the game. Pre match preperations did not go well as we fustratingly drew 2-2 away to Hearts midweek.

In the Seville game we spurned chance after chance after chance, eventully scoring on 75 minutes. We continued to look good until disaster struck. I am still annoyed. Seville hit the bar and Zaluska picked the loose ball up. Meanwhile at keast ten yards away Big danny had a tiny grab of Negredo's shirt and the ref gave a penalty the hun. Then Maj got sent off for dissent. Gutted, and I want to throw the game as far as I can!

Gutted.

Haven't had any time to play since a few week ago when I told you about my edited Scottish leagues. Cracked a game up tonight and got going.

Disposed of Braga 1-0 at home and 2-0 away with a tidy 4-4-2 system.

Drew Sevilla in the next round and i tried a very risky ploy. VERY risky. It involved playing Ledley and McCourt for the first half instead of Captain Brown and Maloney. My reasoning was that I would try to fustrate Sevilla for the first half then bring on my power boys to hopefully grab a goal. the toruble was I went in at half time 2-0 down, could have been more but Zaluska was playing a blinder. Anyway big boys came on with a few tactical changes and played absolutely wonderfully. We pulled back two goals and could easily have been leading until Hinkel got sent off, very dubiously. They scored again to make it 3-2 going into the home leg at CP.

I was heartened by our second half display and thought we could win the game. Pre match preperations did not go well as we fustratingly drew 2-2 away to Hearts midweek.

In the Seville game we spurned chance after chance after chance, eventully scoring on 75 minutes. We continued to look good until disaster struck. I am still annoyed. Seville hit the bar and Zaluska picked the loose ball up. Meanwhile at keast ten yards away Big danny had a tiny grab of Negredo's shirt and the ref gave a penalty the hun. Then Maj got sent off for dissent. Gutted, and I want to throw the game as far as I can!

Oh that is so harsh! :thdn:

Just getting ready to start my Bhoys save for the 3rd time!! This time things will be much much better......

One thing that gets me, funny how everyone who starts a save totally dismantles the team that Lennon has built!! I knew our squad was pretty guff and fm has only reinforced the idea. Where did Lennon get some of these players from?? Ah well FM is a step away from reality.....time to start the 10 in a row quest.

Wish me luck.....'mon the Bhoys

Archived