FM11- Celtic Thread. You are Neil Lennon

seanydude

Every game he is fit for he starts so when he is over 92% i start him but by time halftime comes he is always between 60% and 70% so needs to come off, i have him on a wingers schedule on duncs training v1.1 and all my other players are reacting really well to it. My fitness coaches i have 3 are all quite good so cant see that as the problem. I play him as a attacking right winger just ahead of 2 holding centre mids and his duty is to attack.

I just played Ayr in the league cup he was 95% starting the game he scored after 8 mins had an assist after 22 mins and by half time he was 64% and had to be replaced.....My other players are having no ill effects of my training regime only SUPER Paddy!!!!!

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm assuming that he's classed as 'match fit' going into these matches?

Has Paddy said anything about the workload?

I dont have him on any custom schedule myself, I'll be creating my own when I get around to it but some cant hack high workloads, no doubt that Paddy is one of them given his low work ethic.

Sometime they drop fitness because of doing the donkey work and getting tackled etc. Do you play with pressing and aggressive tackling?

I regularly have him finishing matches or subbed on 70 to give someone else a run out/rest for another match/change of tactic. Rarely has it been because of fatigue. I play him AM RL attack like you

I've two 4.5* fitness coaches and they have a light workload btw

Had a mediocre start to my Celtic career, got drawn against Fenerbache in the Champions League Qualifiers and bet them 4-1 on aggregate. Then got drawn against Zenit in the next round and I bet them 5-3 on aggregate. In my Champions league group I have been drawn against Barcelona, Benfica and Rubin. I expect at least Europa League out of this group.

As for the League I have had a undefeated run so far, I have played 7 games, Won 5 and Drawn 2. Rangers just got bet of Hearts 3-2 which put Hearts 2nd in the league 1 point behind me on 16. Where as Rangers are 3rd on 15, but they do have a game in hand.

As for my tranfers I have:

Ins:

Keiren Westwood (GK) £1.2m

Christian Benitez (ST) £1.5m

Saimon (DC) £160k

I have also signed Robert Pires on a free, along with a young winger called Gai Ausslin.

I havent sold anyone, and will be looking to free up some wages in the next transfer windows and get rid of the teams deadwood.

I'm assuming that he's classed as 'match fit' going into these matches?

Has Paddy said anything about the workload?

I dont have him on any custom schedule myself, I'll be creating my own when I get around to it but some cant hack high workloads, no doubt that Paddy is one of them given his low work ethic.

Sometime they drop fitness because of doing the donkey work and getting tackled etc. Do you play with pressing and aggressive tackling?

I regularly have him finishing matches or subbed on 70 to give someone else a run out/rest for another match/change of tactic. Rarely has it been because of fatigue. I play him AM RL attack like you

I've two 4.5* fitness coaches and they have a light workload btw

Yes he is match fit going into games i dont play anyone unless there match fit, and he is pleased with his training schedule his workload is only medium and my coaches say they have no concern about his fitness, but yet i just checked an international game and he went off after 52 mins because he was at 59%.......I just dont understand whats going on with him

Some Paddy McCourt magic before the poor soul gets tired and has to come off ha ha!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNMmxivJd6k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqszF7hTRg8

He scored 2 and set up 1 in a 4-2 win at home against Shaktar in the champions league.........his first was scrappy so wont upload!!!!!

Good play there from Paddy to set up Griffiths goal, who is this Griffiths btw? Is he a young lad at Celtic? A would check, but I am in the middle of a game. Haa

Good play there from Paddy to set up Griffiths goal, who is this Griffiths btw? Is he a young lad at Celtic? A would check, but I am in the middle of a game. Haa

Leigh Griffiths signed him from Dundee for 350k, he's only 19 at start of the season and is a good prospect for a small fee!!!!

He has played 13 times in all competitions and scored 7 goals so happy enough!!!!!

Cheers mate!! Whats the issues? Got to admit pretty gutted about the reserves but just setting it up so I have friendlies every week. Bit time consuming but need to keep them fit.

2 many yellow cards and reds, a few others, just niggling little stuff that hampers your season!

Yeah i think im going to try and set up friendlies also to sort it out!

just started my celtic game, so far got

Montgomery 2.4

Juhasz 1.7mill

Daly 950k

Rafa 450k

sold

maloney 1.7 mill

loovens 2.3 mill

crosas 1.7 mill

Hoiveld 1.4 mill

Twardzik 450k

samaras 1 mill

Dalys not woring out so far think i might punt him in january.

Yes he is match fit going into games i dont play anyone unless there match fit, and he is pleased with his training schedule his workload is only medium and my coaches say they have no concern about his fitness, but yet i just checked an international game and he went off after 52 mins because he was at 59%.......I just dont understand whats going on with him

McCourt only has a stamina level of 8 so if he is set as a winger and has closing down duties he will be burnt out after 45 mins all of my wingers have closing down duties and I usually bring on McCourt in the last 25 mins of any game I feel I am struggling in as he adds alot of pace down the wing.The other plus is he can finish off his work with goals so when the other team are showing signs of tired legs then McCourt is the ideal man for me.If you have him on closing down duties then undo that and see how he gets on after that.

Alright so finally got into my Celtic save after 3 seasons with Lyon, Played the first game against Dinamo Moscow after a major shakeup off the squad! We won 1-0 away from home with Daryl Murphy scoring a rather scrappy poachers effort ( much like Hooper`s the other night! )

Transfers in:

Robert Pires - Free

Dida - Free

Julio Cruz - Free

Federico Fazio - 550k

Pedro Lopez - 400k

Milan Badelj - 3.5 mil

Matthew Booth - 70k

Jose Goncalves - Free

Transfers out:

Antons Kurakins - Released

Glenn Loovens - 2.3 mil to PSG

Dominic Cervi - Loan fee of 26k, future fee of 350k to Palermo

Cha Du Ri - Loan fee of 50k, future fee of 2.5 mil to Sunderland

Callum Bagshaw - 5k to Motherwell

Jos Hoovield - 1.4 mil to Valencia

Andreas Hinkel - 2.9 mil to Porto

Marc Crosas - 875k to PSG

Shaun Maloney - Loan fee of 90k, future fee of 5 mil to Palermo

Giorgos Samaras - 3.4 mil to Stoke

So in total spent 4.5 mil ( although potentially bringing in Diego Bounanotte for 1.8 mil and Roland Juhasz for 750k ), And 11 mil recieved in transfers, with a potential for 7.85 mil in future fees :D

Celtic qualify for First round knockout in europa league next up is galatasaray if I get through that which I am hoping I should I then play Dortmund or Anderlecht could see me get into the Quarter finals though I have to sell a few players in January so hoping that wont affect squad harmony to much.

EUROCupInformation_Stages.png

Well steady but unspectacular start to the season last night, i played 6 games, scored 6 and conceeded 0 - 4 games won, 2 Games Drew, incidentally the 2 drew where in the league, against Calley and Saints, really dissapointed with that!

However in Europe we beat Dynamo 1-0 away, 2-0 at home, Ajax 1-0 away and 2-0 at home ( Suarez was injured :D )

Will post another update when i have a chance

My season has started ok, top of the table with 7 points and beaten rangers 2-1 in 1st old firm derby but was beaten 1-0 the next game of them in the league cup quarter final, also 2nd in champions leauge group behind inter. even after they humped me 5-1 lol. Hooper back and looking good and scoring well.

Here is a couple of his and my 1st old firm victory :D

I have had a terrible february and glad to get the month over with but has damage my league position badly and only have ten games left to win the title.

Dundee Utd A lost 1-0

Galatasaray A Drew 2-2

Rangers H Drew 1-1

Galatasaray H Drew 1-1

Motherwell A Lost 1-0

Hooper and Stokes are terrible in front of goal both have lost there way after the new year.Hopefully get season finished by tomorrow morning.

Big games I have coming up are

Europa league last 16 Dortmund

League cup Final Dundee Utd

Scottish Cup 1/4 final Hibs

Last old firm game Ibrox

Nice one Max :thup:

Im having a few problems with my save, it isnt quite going the way i wanted :(

After 24 games im sitting 3rd, Hearts in front by a point, Rangers top by 3 grrrrr, i firmly blame it on Mark Wilson though, at least 3 or 4 games i can remember, he has cost us the game in the dying seconds! Either by own goals, giving away penalties or missing tackles!!

Europe i exited 3rd in my Group which Consisted of Inter, Valencia and Bursaspor, so i done well as far as im concerned! Got Steaua in the next round of the Europa League :D

Cheers,

Jackson Martinez is a must buy :)

i have him now a cracking partner in Nolan Roux but he cost me £4mil, I'm at xmas on my second season and Martinez has 17 & Roux 19 goals :)

Roux is at Lyon, my other team :( - Martinez is someone i might look at towards the start of next season if i cant get Jo!

YES LADS I SAID IT! JO IS COMING BACK TO PARADISE IF I CAN :D

Having a terrible time in my first season.

Won the League cup 3-1 against 9 man Dundee United

Lost first leg of last 16 europa league tie away to Dortmund

2nd leg at paradise we got a quick goal and we were all square then Mulgrew got sent off in the 10th min we held out until the 31st min then they scored.We got a penalty in the 2nd half to make it all square again but they landed the killer blow 3 mins from time.

I firmly believe if we had 11 men on the park would have won that game.

Scottish cup 1/4 final held Hibs to a 1-1 draw at easter Road return leg was at Parkhead but the game before I spoke out after we had 2 disallowed goals and the SFA handed me a touchline ban for the scottish cup replay game.We lost 1-0 my assistant Ian Dowie took Hooper off and replaced him with a defender with 24mins remaining shocking.

So now I look to the league but europe has taken its toll I sit in 2nd spot 7pts behind Rangers but I have a game in hand I reckon if I can win all remaining league games including the last old firm game then I will steal the league hopefully.

Hooper and Stokes will be leaving in the summer lost count the number of 1 on 1 chances they have both missed and it has cost me a few points.

If I finish 2nd then there will be a major rebuild at Celtic park already have a few youngsters in and can build a solid team around them for the next few season.

9 Games left for me to save my season and starts with Hamilton at home.

Having a terrible time in my first season.

Won the League cup 3-1 against 9 man Dundee United

Lost first leg of last 16 europa league tie away to Dortmund

2nd leg at paradise we got a quick goal and we were all square then Mulgrew got sent off in the 10th min we held out until the 31st min then they scored.We got a penalty in the 2nd half to make it all square again but they landed the killer blow 3 mins from time.

I firmly believe if we had 11 men on the park would have won that game.

Scottish cup 1/4 final held Hibs to a 1-1 draw at easter Road return leg was at Parkhead but the game before I spoke out after we had 2 disallowed goals and the SFA handed me a touchline ban for the scottish cup replay game.We lost 1-0 my assistant Ian Dowie took Hooper off and replaced him with a defender with 24mins remaining shocking.

So now I look to the league but europe has taken its toll I sit in 2nd spot 7pts behind Rangers but I have a game in hand I reckon if I can win all remaining league games including the last old firm game then I will steal the league hopefully.

Hooper and Stokes will be leaving in the summer lost count the number of 1 on 1 chances they have both missed and it has cost me a few points.

If I finish 2nd then there will be a major rebuild at Celtic park already have a few youngsters in and can build a solid team around them for the next few season.

9 Games left for me to save my season and starts with Hamilton at home.

I have 11 games left to save my season and i am 6 points behind Rangers :(

1-0 down from the the first game away to Steaua, hopefully i win this one! Out of the SLC and now only the double is on, well potentially the treble but i doubt it

Well chaps i think ultimately its been a dissapointing season! Rangers are 9 points clear with 7 games left, so i dont see me catching them! Only the Scottish Cup left i can hope for :(

I willl say its been a season of putting our heads down when we have been ahead, which is something i will need to adress next year! And arguably some questionable decisions by a certain referee!!!

DougieMacDonaldingameaswellasirl.jpg

macdonaldcriticism.jpg

I ended up winning the league by 2 points but never got much of a kitty for a transfer budget for season 2.

Wage budget 375,000

Transfer budget 4.7m

My challenge for the season is to sell of all dead wood no matter the price and there have been a few players sold at a short price just to get them off the wage bill.

Signed some decent young players for a good price and also big Ruud Van Nistleroy on a free transfer hoping he adds much experience in europe.

Need to qualify for champions league group stages and have FC Honka in the 3rd qualifying round.

Will post my transfer in and outs after August.

Well chaps i think ultimately its been a dissapointing season! Rangers are 9 points clear with 7 games left, so i dont see me catching them! Only the Scottish Cup left i can hope for :(

I willl say its been a season of putting our heads down when we have been ahead, which is something i will need to adress next year! And arguably some questionable decisions by a certain referee!!!

DougieMacDonaldingameaswellasirl.jpg

macdonaldcriticism.jpg

buy alberto bueno and all your problems will go away :D

I ended up winning the league by 2 points but never got much of a kitty for a transfer budget for season 2.

Wage budget 375,000

Transfer budget 4.7m

My challenge for the season is to sell of all dead wood no matter the price and there have been a few players sold at a short price just to get them off the wage bill.

Signed some decent young players for a good price and also big Ruud Van Nistleroy on a free transfer hoping he adds much experience in europe.

Need to qualify for champions league group stages and have FC Honka in the 3rd qualifying round.

Will post my transfer in and outs after August.

I won the league :D, Rangers had some horrid results in the last 4 games, especially since they played me :p, and i won the Scottish Cup also, so the double was completed!! Now some tough negotiating for transfers for this season ahead!!

Okay, i'm going to let the frustrations take the better of me and declare that this is quite simply, unrealistic and plain unfair. Normally I try and hold back from such stupid criticism but this time I just can't.

So I decided to move the old firm into the EPL for a challenge. The media prediction for celtic was 16th, and after 22 games, that's exactly where I lie. That said, i'm out of the league cup and the Europa cup which i'm pretty happy about, but the fans and the board are apparently "devastated". This is what I don't get. The squad is TERRIBLE. DIRE. I've performed EXACTLY how I should be performing. I lost to Porto in the Europa cup, have the fans seen their team? Hulk could probably beat my team on his own half asleep no superpowers needed. WHAT DO THEY EXPECT? The Celtic squad simply can't live up to in game expectations in the Premier League. The only players of the required standard are Juarez, Majstorovic and maybe McCourt if he didn't spend half his time still recovering from his previous 10 minute outing. Everyone else is championship quality at best, so excuse me for losing to teams with talent.

And the last match was just silly. I was against liverpool, at home (BTW, Liverpool are of course heavily overrated. They're running away with the league, and the real life team is in no way physically capable of that even if the league was repeated 10 billion times) and I lost 6-2. Pretty bad, but when you consider that I had 4 injuries after I had made my 3 subs, leaving me with a grand total of 6 outfield players against the league leaders, i'd say theres not much I could do about that. I was play 4-2-0, not exactly gonna be able to restrict the space am I?

But then theres the transfers. OH. MY. GOD. FRUSTRATION. I was given 15 mil in the transfer window, enough to survive I thought! Well, no, can't really buy anyone half decent cos they all want wages which I can't provide. Fine, so i'll just get rid of some of my stupidly high earning deadwood then? Err, no. Literally can't give away /for free/ a single member of my squad. There is not a single team on planet earth who wants a free player. That's right, Celtic are apparently the worlds worst team despite having about 200 teams below them in the English league.

And morale! Morale is just SI's way of ensuring teams finish where they should most of the time, surely? If I win, morale shoots up. If I lose, everyones suddenly suicidal, which just ensures I lose the next few matches regardless of opposition or situation. Nothing I can do.

And so, i'm in a situation where I can't buy, can't sell, can't win, and the fans and board are constantly devastated about losing to teams 10x better than mine. Gee, if only there was something I could do about this.

/rant

Theres gotta be a major bug, either that or my tactic is me beating, because i won the CL with Celtic in the 2nd season!!

I got through to the first round right, and i beat AC Milan on 2 legs, and it says Celtic lift Champions Trophy!!! And every round after it said that, so i wonder if it says that does it automatically mean you are going to win??

Im going to report this in the bug forum, or either that and i have had a majorly flukey season!!!

Just won the UCL in my 2nd season too. Lyon won it last year.

In my 2 seasons in charge, I've spend €50M, sold €9M & paid €10.5M to agents. I am under my wage budget with €13M in the transfer kitty, I chose not to spend in January. I've 17 coaches, 15 scouts, 4 physios and upgraded the youth facilities all before my 2nd season started. My starting rep is that of a sunday league footballer. Completely unrealistic imo

Just won the UCL in my 2nd season too. Lyon won it last year.

In my 2 seasons in charge, I've spend €50M, sold €9M & paid €10.5M to agents. I am under my wage budget with €13M in the transfer kitty, I chose not to spend in January. I've 17 coaches, 15 scouts, 4 physios and upgraded the youth facilities all before my 2nd season started. My starting rep is that of a sunday league footballer. Completely unrealistic imo

How did you get so much to spend lol? Or did you do the old 48 month trick? I got Dzeko also for 8.75 mil, hes on 71000 pw, however i didnt realise Juhasz had a match the highest earner clause, so now hes on 71000 pw also :mad: ( Dzeko was inelligible for the UCL )

I was starting to be able to get players like felipe melo and all this when, the good players started getting huffy with there clubs!! I also had players coming to me saying they wanted to move to a bigger club even after i won the UCL! prime example Juarez wants to go to Sunderland, i mean wtf lol!!

How did you get so much to spend lol? Or did you do the old 48 month trick? I got Dzeko also for 8.75 mil, hes on 71000 pw, however i didnt realise Juhasz had a match the highest earner clause, so now hes on 71000 pw also :mad: ( Dzeko was inelligible for the UCL )

I was starting to be able to get players like felipe melo and all this when, the good players started getting huffy with there clubs!! I also had players coming to me saying they wanted to move to a bigger club even after i won the UCL! prime example Juarez wants to go to Sunderland, i mean wtf lol!!

I did the 48 month trick but they kept giving me money and resources despite loosing millions per month during the season. I shouldnt have gotten €13M for the january window with all those repayments hanging over the clubs finances. I have reported a bug over how finances are given and the QA guys think that its a problem, no doubt there is other problems in there too.

Forgot to add that I've doubled the clubs wage budget in 2 years, doubled, with all the above going on and there isnt a problem. Being Celtic is just too easy

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/239605-Boardroom-Request-Message-Improvement

I did the 48 month trick but they kept giving me money and resources despite loosing millions per month during the season. I shouldnt have gotten €13M for the january window with all those repayments hanging over the clubs finances. I have reported a bug over how finances are given and the QA guys think that its a problem, no doubt there is other problems in there too.

Forgot to add that I've doubled the clubs wage budget in 2 years, doubled, with all the above going on and there isnt a problem. Being Celtic is just too easy

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/239605-Boardroom-Request-Message-Improvement

Thats quite interesting, i might post in that thread about the champions league!

Really annoying, It's only a game and all that so I have taken off the injuries which the players start the game with. Hooper, Rogne and McGinn. I think that's all? Anyway, I start the game, set up my three preseason friendlies before the Europe like I always do. Two games down Ledley has a sports Hernia, Hooper has a broken leg.... WTF? Key players out for months.

The squad size is also quite annoying. I was thinking about fictionally making some transfers which could be realistic in the database (Samaras to Greece, Loovens to Middlesborough etc) and adding their market value to our balance? 30 players in a squad is far too many with no reserve league and they can't be sold and don't get played and ruin squad harmony. What do you think guys? Too much editing?

Really annoying, It's only a game and all that so I have taken off the injuries which the players start the game with. Hooper, Rogne and McGinn. I think that's all? Anyway, I start the game, set up my three preseason friendlies before the Europe like I always do. Two games down Ledley has a sports Hernia, Hooper has a broken leg.... WTF? Key players out for months.

The squad size is also quite annoying. I was thinking about fictionally making some transfers which could be realistic in the database (Samaras to Greece, Loovens to Middlesborough etc) and adding their market value to our balance? 30 players in a squad is far too many with no reserve league and they can't be sold and don't get played and ruin squad harmony. What do you think guys? Too much editing?

Slightly 2 much editing, unless you can stitch it all together nicely!

Well if you think about it, a 25 man squad is regulation size for the prem, and thats not including your U21`s, so we have a few in the first team squad anyway!

Absolutely drunk as **** and just finished my first season as Celtic manager. Won the treble, but only won the league by one point. lost to Ajax in the 2nd CL qualifying phase after destroying Zenit in the 1st one. I will do an evaluation of all the squad at the start of the game when I am not ****ed as a newt.

Archived