FM11- Celtic Thread. You are Neil Lennon

seanydude

34nmh5e.jpg

Welcome To The Celtic Thread

History Of The Hoops

The Celtic Football Club is a Scottish football club based in the Parkhead area of Glasgow, which currently plays in the Scottish Premier League. Celtic were officially formed in 1888. Celtic have won the Scottish championship on 42 occasions, most recently in the 2007/08 season, and the Scottish Cup 34 times. Celtic's home stadium is Celtic Park, the biggest football stadium in Scotland, with a capacity of 60,832. Together with their Glasgow rivals, Rangers, they form the Old Firm, one of the most famous and fierce rivalries in sport. The club's traditional playing colours are green and white hooped shirts with white shorts and white socks.

In 1967, Celtic became the first British team, and only Scottish team, to win the European Cup the players,known as the Lisbon Lions, were all born within a 30-mile radius of Parkhead. Celtic won every competition they entered that season: the Scottish League Championship, the Scottish Cup, the Scottish League Cup, the European Cup and the Glasgow Cup. Celtic also reached the 1970 European Cup Final, but were beaten by Feyenoord 2–1.

In 2003 Celtic reached the UEFA Cup Final, where they lost 3–2 to FC Porto. In 2008 Gordon Strachan became the First Celtic Manager since Jock Stein to win 3 league titles in a row. In 2009 he was the first Celtic manager to win a Cup Final vs Rangers since 1989. However that was our only trophy win since the League win in 2008 and The Bhoys are hungry. Very Hungry. Can you be the one to deliver the title?

Information

Name: Celtic Football Club

Founded:1888

Chairman Status: Loves the Club

Legends: Henrik Larsson, Billy McNeill, Bertie Auld, Jock Stein, Jimmy Johnstone,Danny Mcgrain

Icons:Tommy Burns ( Should be a legend),Kenny Dalglish, Paul Mcstay, Neil Lennon,Roy Aitken, Wim Jansen, Martin O'neill

Favoured Personnel:Chris Sutton, Lubo Moravcik

Fierce Rivals: Rangers

Derbies- Old Firm Vs Rangers

Finances:Rich

Average Ticket Price:28£

Average Season Ticket:480£

Season Book Holders:50000

Value: 63m ( 5.5 m debt)

Continental Competition:Champions League

Media Prediction:2nd

Club Captain: Scott Brown

Vice Captain:Set your own

Transfer Budget: 5m Wage free:almost 22K

Celtic Park A.K.A Paradise.

Celtic Park is the Biggest Football Stadium in Scotland and the Fifth Biggest in Britain after Wembley, Old Trafford, Millenium Stadium and The Emirates (only by 6 seats though). The Stadium is also known as Parkhead due to where its situated in Glasgow and Paradise by the Celtic Faithful.

Celtic Park Holds 60355 people and can be developed up to 75000 in game. To get a good behind the scenes look at Celtic Park Click on this link and take the Celtic Park Virtual Stadium Tour.

2qdvps5.jpg

Beautiful ain't she.

3 Kits Of History

Hoops

mcyqz8.jpg

Celtic Switched to Green and White Hoops in 1903 and have had hoops as the home kit since then.

Away

Away Kit

A Tribute to Love Street 86 where a minor miracle was needed for Celtic to lift the trophy.

Celtic won the League and became champions in one of the closest finishes in League history. On the final day of the season Hearts were leading Celtic by two points and 5 goals- a draw against Dundee would have been sufficient to see them win their first League title since the 1959–60 season. Hearts lost 2–0 to Dundee at Dens Park thanks to two late goals by substitute Albert Kidd, while Celtic beat St. Mirren 5–0 at Love Street. As a result, Celtic won the league on goal difference by 2 Goals.

3rd

Can Only Put In So Many Pictures

The Bumbleebee is a classic kit from the 90's. It was well known for the three amigos wearing it ( Dicanio Pierre and Cadete) and was brought back as away kit last year. It has now been demoted to 3rd kit.

Players from Best to worst according to Johan

Keepers

Lukasz Zaluska - Good Shot Stopper. Can be replaced although not Critical.

Fraser Forster-Decent enough keeper. Will do the job as back up.

One to watch- Dom Cervi

Right Backs

Andreas Hinkel- Injured irl although isnt in game. Should be first choice.

Cha- Good Offensively. Crap defending. Can play wing too.lightning speed

Mark Wilson- The opposite of Cha.

One to watch- Richie Towell

(Efrain Juarez can play here in an emergency however he's needed in midfield)

Left Backs

Emilio Izaguirre- All round full back who can defend and attack and isnt too slow either.

Charlie Mulgrew- Decent enough defensively. Quite slow however has an excellent delivery both crossing and deadballs. potentially trained to LW as cover.

One to watch- Milan Misun

Centre Backs

Daniel Majstorovic- Beasty. Great in the air. Either play him next to a fast defender or only use him for one season as his physicals will decline further.

Thomas Rogne- Decent all round young centre back however suffers from Injury proneness.

Jos Hooiveld- Good all round centre back. would probably be my preferred choice next to Maj due to him being left footed.

Glenn Loovens- Stats are better than what his Star suggests which say to me he has low hidden attributed. May play wel though.

One to watch- Josh Thompson (on loan at Rochdale)

Centre Midfield-

Efrain Juarez- Don't let the low technicals fool you. Such good physical and mentals mean he'll be a star for you. Get him to tutor all youth with that determination of twenty.

Scott Brown- Not my favourite player irl however he is certainly good in game. I'll probably sell personally however give him a shot.

Joe Ledley- Decent all round midfielder with a high stamina.

Beram Kayal(although the game calls him Biram) - Physicals arent great but the rest of him is good. I'm loving our high determination stats tbh.

Ki Sung Yeung-decent all round again however is he good enough yet? i'm not sure. If you play 2 in CM i'd suggest loaning him or Crosas out.

Marc Crosas- Great passer of the ball grew up playing with barca youth so cant be bad.

One to watch- Filip Twardzik

Wingers/AM's

Patrick "the Derry Pele" Mccourt- Such a great player. Looks like he will be great in this game although due to his low fitness maybe only as an impact sub. Still what technicals. I'm in love

Shaun Maloney- Hasn't really changed from 10. if you get him playing he will grab a lot of goals and assists. good chance either him or paddy will be injured though.

Niall MCginn- Out for three months at the start however a fast winger is just what the doctor ordered. Will play well if played right.

James Forrest- Looks even better than Mcginn and can still improve. fast direct with good delivery. Great talent.

One to watch- Michael Ordish (also look at Slane despite his injury)

Strikers

Gary Hooper- Out for between 2-4 months which is a wounder as he is super talented and will get goals galore. fast strong and can put the ball in the net.

Anthony Stokes- Great finisher.Fast enough. Play with a target man.

Daryl Murphy- Seems quite overrated in game. Seems like a great partner for one of the strikers.

Georgios Samaras- Fast Tall Good movement scores goals. Probably very inconsistent if FMs right.

One to watch - Greig Spence

Suggested Starting line up of

1287621418427858.jpg

GOOD LUCK WITH THE BHOYS

BRING US TROPHYS

Suggested Transfer Targets:All in Pounds

Rafael - Man United ( RB) presuming Hinkel is injured in the patch you can pick up Rafael for a season Loan for 750K

Jo- Man City (ST) Great center forward. Can be got for 220k loan fee and 50% of wages (25K) You can buy him too but will have to pay. Mcgougan's favourite

Nick Montgomery Sheffield United (DM) a **** Kicker. we seem to lack any midfielder who just sits and kicks and he looks perfect for it. 2.2 Million

Marko Suler AA Genk ( CB)- We've been linked with him irl and i checked him out in game and he is fecking beast. 1.3 million

Romelu Lukaku Anderlecht ( ST)- Has been toned down a wee bit but still more than good enough. Can pay between 2m and 8m. try loan to buy.I had accepted 750K + 6m future

Olivier Kapo Free ( AMRLC) - just to be realistic. Signed irl.

Fabian Carini Free (GK)- Good enough keeper if you cant afford Enyeama. looks quite solid.

Vincent Enyeama Hapoel (GK) - Of course your gonna sign him. You have for the past 2 years 230k

Suggested Sales- Lukasz Zaluska- He's a good keeper but if you can get Enyeama sell him and keep Forster as back up.

Cha- Not good at all. only has pace.

Glenda Loovens- I just dont like him in game tbh.

Scott Brown- Solid enough but all the other new Cm's are newly arrived and we need a different style of CM.

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good OP seany :thup:

I shall try and be in as soon as possible need to get Lyon up and running today though :)

Thanks mate. Just about to head to your thread now :)

great op. Can't wait to play with the mighty green and white. Sunday also couldnt come too fast.

Cheers buddy. And i know. I'm nervous already and i'm working through it. Will still watch it but will have to stay calm.

So started a demo save with Celtic last night.

So far, brought in a few players -

Milan Badelj. got him for £1.8m. Cracking buy and managed to get him ahead of Atletico Madrid.

He's got brilliant PPMs for a ACM.

h3fSJ.png

I also bought in Hugo Almeida. Great TargetMan. Got him for £2m.

f2VWr.png

Lastly, I brought in Gohkan Gonul. A rather attacking RB but would be great for the SPL. Got him for a bargain £1.4m.

vS10X.png

Offered Pires a contract and he went and joined Rangers. :mad:

Jose Goncalves is pretty great for a free transfer, left footed and 16 for acceleration/pace so should hopefully pair up well with Big Dan. Jay DeMerit another decent CB on a free if you sell Hooiveld or Loovens and need a back up.

Sold Brown, McCourt, Hooiveld, Loovens and Hinkel so far. Brought in Goncalves (free), Gonul (1.4M), Badelj (1.3M), Witsel (1M, great price), Kadlec (1.5M) and Lacina Traore (1.4M).

Great thread guys. Outstanding work sean, and great find f0rmat. I also tried to sign Pires but he went to Rangers. Would have been good for one season. I signed Dida should do a good job for a season or two, sent Foster back to Newcastle his rating look very low. Wage bill looks a big problem but I'm going to keep all the players first time round to find out who to keep and who to move on when I play for real 2nd time round.

I'm having mixed results so far. Failed to qualify for the CL but dropped into the Euro Cup. Top of the table on goal difference. Stokes has been very poor for me scoring only once in 8 games, goes to show you he playing well for f0rmat. Maloney has been my stand out player scoring 7 goal in 10 games and creating also. Hinkel would be my other standout player. I think many of the young players will come good it's all about finding guys to fill the gap in the mean time. Anyway, back to the game :)

For anybody that is intrested I have almost completed my 6 months, here is all my player stats:-

http://i610.photobucket.com/albums/tt185/thekman34/Capture-9.jpg

You will notice McCourt is gone, went in a mood due to my team talks so punted him, he not that great anyway, Ki also missing, he in reserves as he want £15k a week and he is on £1.5k just now, offered £10k and knocked it back so he can sit in the reserves until I get a good price for him. Got loads of central mid-fielders anyway and wage budget is a concern. Rangers doing terrible in the league and sitting 4th, Celtic 6 points clear of United. Also into later stages of the Euro Cup. Also signed up Garry Kenneth for Jan, seems good and is only 23. Tried to get United keeper but he went else were. United board step in and take any decent offer so the likes of Goodwillie might be worth a look.

Mon the bhoys tomorrow, keep the faith!!!

Although I have played FM for years, this is my 1st post, so i am unsure on how to do images but ill tell you guys what i have done so far.

I signed three players.

Oswaldo Sanchez who is a great mexican GK from Santos Laguna for 850K.

Then Jay De Merit on a free but also my star buy Romelu Lukaka on a season long loan for 190K with an option to buy for 2.9 mill! which if i use this save game with the full game, i will defenitly will be buying, as thats a bargain!

I also got rid of a lot backroom staff, as most of them are not Celtic class, I then brought in coaches such as Alain Boghossien.

I beat Dynimo Kiev 6 - 1 then Sevilia 1 - 0 to go through to the CL, my first game against AC Milan and drew 0 - 0 at home.

So far, so good!

Hail! Hail!

Although I have played FM for years, this is my 1st post, so i am unsure on how to do images but ill tell you guys what i have done so far.

I signed three players.

Oswaldo Sanchez who is a great mexican GK from Santos Laguna for 850K.

Then Jay De Merit on a free but also my star buy Romelu Lukaka on a season long loan for 190K with an option to buy for 2.9 mill! which if i use this save game with the full game, i will defenitly will be buying, as thats a bargain!

I also got rid of a lot backroom staff, as most of them are not Celtic class, I then brought in coaches such as Alain Boghossien.

I beat Dynimo Kiev 6 - 1 then Sevilia 1 - 0 to go through to the CL, my first game against AC Milan and drew 0 - 0 at home.

So far, so good!

Hail! Hail!

Hows things going in the league buddy?:)

What formation and tactics is everyone playing?

Im playing an attacking 4-5-1 but cant seem to get the team playing well. Sitting 4th in the league after 7 games.

I would suggest playing at 4-2-2-2, 4 at the back, 2 sitting midfielders, 2 attacking wingers, and 2 up front.

Ah, alright. I just think money was kind of wasted, there's quite a lot of players that need selling then replacing for Celtic to compete in Europe really.

Edit: Also, you need to have 3 players under 21 in the team for SPL games, but there isn't many in the team, so that should be main focus, a few decent youth players.

Ah, alright. I just think money was kind of wasted, there's quite a lot of players that need selling then replacing for Celtic to compete in Europe really.

Edit: Also, you need to have 3 players under 21 in the team for SPL games, but there isn't many in the team, so that should be main focus, a few decent youth players.

Yeah the u21 thing has been in place for the past 3 seasons now :( - You have plenty though! 2 real quality ones in Misun and Forrest!

Right so, Brought in Badelj for 1.2 million and Sanchez for 875k, Also i wanted Dario Conca, but i couldnt afford him so i asked the board to show some ambition so it doesnt leave us behind in the transfer market and they purchased him for 6.13 million for me :D

Beat Dinamo Moscow to get Sevilla in the next round, and by virtue of the away goal rule got through to the Group stages.

So far undefeated in the league, 2 wins and 1 draw!

I play a 4-3-3 with STL and STR moving into channels and the STC being a target man, the 3 center mids of Ledley, Juarez and Brown - long shots rarely, through balls often. Ledley just scored from near the half way line in a friendly against albion rovers!! :)

Trying to have a look around for decent transfer targets atm. Main position focus should be GK and CB. Maybe a rock solid DM? We only really seem to have ball-playing DMs atm.

So far I think a good bet for GK is Keiren Westwood for £1.3m (3.5 star "quality" player).

CB is tougher. Looked at Sol Bamba but I don't think he is quite up to scratch. Selling Loovens for £1.1m (to mid'boro ofc!) If you cancel the link to Rochdale you get Josh back. I think him and Rogne are decent enough back ups. That leaves Danny/ Hooiveld pairing. Not great really.

Any ideas for an anchor man?

Thinking about it more I will just play a standard 4 accross the middle using a ball winner and a playmaker. Therefore I think Juarez and kayal are more than adequate as Ball winners, Brown, Ki, Crosas as the ball players. Not sure what to do with Ledley, what are you guys doing with him?

Thinking about it more I will just play a standard 4 accross the middle using a ball winner and a playmaker. Therefore I think Juarez and kayal are more than adequate as Ball winners, Brown, Ki, Crosas as the ball players. Not sure what to do with Ledley, what are you guys doing with him?

I played him as a defensive minded Left Mid but cutting inside so it basically became a mid 3 with either Paddy or Maloney as the creative force,

I vary on the oppo though so if i'm playing someone with good right sided players i play him there and someone with a stronger left side i play Brown right wing with Ledley inside and either Paddy or Maloney Left

Trying to have a look around for decent transfer targets atm. Main position focus should be GK and CB. Maybe a rock solid DM? We only really seem to have ball-playing DMs atm.

So far I think a good bet for GK is Keiren Westwood for £1.3m (3.5 star "quality" player).

CB is tougher. Looked at Sol Bamba but I don't think he is quite up to scratch. Selling Loovens for £1.1m (to mid'boro ofc!) If you cancel the link to Rochdale you get Josh back. I think him and Rogne are decent enough back ups. That leaves Danny/ Hooiveld pairing. Not great really.

Any ideas for an anchor man?

Jose Concalves and Jay DeMerit are both decent CBs on frees. Concalves has been excellent for me alongside Maj, left sided and got pace to ake up for Maj's lack of it.

I dominated the league very easily, due to the board purchasing Dario Conca for me! However in Europe i had a hard Group with AC, Twente, and R.Madrid, so i finished bottom of that due to slackness, my team went 3-1 up on AC and just relaxed after that and they Equalised! :(

I played him as a defensive minded Left Mid but cutting inside so it basically became a mid 3 with either Paddy or Maloney as the creative force,

I vary on the oppo though so if i'm playing someone with good right sided players i play him there and someone with a stronger left side i play Brown right wing with Ledley inside and either Paddy or Maloney Left

I like that Seany. I have found that by playing Shaun say on the right and Paddy on the left, rotating with Forrest and McGinn, there is a lack of solidity and I have been leaking goals.

Has anyone found that it is much harder to beat the smaller teams and keep clean sheets?

Another annoying this is that I have started games as Celtic three times now sorting transfers and things out. In each of the three games against St Mirren (3rd game of the season or so) I have lost the game and had an early sending off which looked dubious. Really annoying.

I like that Seany. I have found that by playing Shaun say on the right and Paddy on the left, rotating with Forrest and McGinn, there is a lack of solidity and I have been leaking goals.

Has anyone found that it is much harder to beat the smaller teams and keep clean sheets?

Another annoying this is that I have started games as Celtic three times now sorting transfers and things out. In each of the three games against St Mirren (3rd game of the season or so) I have lost the game and had an early sending off which looked dubious. Really annoying.

Sending offs and Yellow cards seem to be a serious issue in this game, pretty easy to dominate the league with the Bhoys though, Europe however is another matter!

Archived